Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On 11/16/2020 at 6:46 PM, parrotfeathers said:

But you did what you loved.   On that episode the dancer's feet were the best feet.  

I love that show...In the first season Dr. Ebony repaired a dancer's feet...the result was stupendous...she could wear sandals again. 

16 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Question about buying the season(s) on iTunes.  Once you purchase the season(s) do you have to DOWNLOAD each episode to your computer to watch it?  Still trying to decide the best way to go without having to get CMT back on my cable package.

i’ve been watching on my phone and don’t have to download to watch it unless I want to watch offline.

y’all i decided that i was going to try and learn the Fireball dance today. What a struggle, the choreography in some of the sections is so fast and intricate (and i’m a dancer) that i totally get some of the struggles we see now 😂. A lot of fun though 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

It's funny reading the FB DCC Making the Team page. "Primetimer is so negative. But they do seem to be right." They just cracked me up. It's all sunshine and roses over there.

Gracie's group requires unicorn farts.  Scary AF!

• LOL 1

I'm still annoyed that we never got a Bridget, Amber, Amanda triangle. All three pop so much more than Maddie and it was refreshing to see them at point. Surprising to see Amy so far back, considering she was co-point!

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

What are all of you doing for Christmas?  Hubby and I are staying home and I'm cooking a rib roast.

Daughter & her family are coming for Christmas Eve...so we'll be 6 instead of 19...the lockdown issues in California has my DIL & xDI in dithers so they are all staying home and my other daughter has a child with complex medical problems so she's on total lockdown...I'm doing a driveby on Tuesday to see them from the driveway and swap gifts. We'll do a zoom call to watch all the kids (10, ages 7-16) open their loot. The original plan was everyone together with a theme potluck dinner...this year's theme was "The Concession Stand", foods you find at the ballpark (where no one got to go this year...I have two major league parks with 15 minute drive!)...we'll do that one next year when the kids are all together...tamales instead.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Pluto question--how many hours about to get from season 7 to back to season 1?  Missed it yesterday again.

From the end of season seven, there are the following episodes:

Seasons 8 - 8 hours

Season 9 - 8 hours

Season 10 - 8 hours

Season 11 - 8 hours

Season 12 - 13 hours

45 hours, so nearly two days 

8 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

From the end of season seven, there are the following episodes:

Seasons 8 - 8 hours

Season 9 - 8 hours

Season 10 - 8 hours

Season 11 - 8 hours

Season 12 - 13 hours

45 hours, so nearly two days 

Wow I guess I can check back tomorrow afternoon.  Thank you!

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1

Does Pluto skip seasons? If I remember correctly I think season 12 was on both Friday & Saturday.  I'm so stupid, I could never understand why season 7 goes on & on & on & zzzzzzz.  Then it hit me...duh it was Cassie's last!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't watch many Christmas movies, but if you haven't seen it be sure to watch The Christmas Candle.

I'll check that one out...as well, consider watching "The Christmas Secret" (it's other title is "Flight of the Reindeer") with Richard Thomas & Beau Bridges...you can find it on Hallmark on demand...

• Love 1

So, I got my copy of the Star.  The oldies pics were way too small for these blind old eyes to really see.  The other pics were interesting.  They certainly favored certain girls.  Here's a few thoughts:

1.  You forget how Ashton just oozes sexuality.  Wow!  

2.  The Schraminator remains a favorite in appearance and personality.

3.  Tess.  Ms. Tess Guidry (or whatev.....) I have never been a fan of her look AT ALL.  Not the hair, not the face, not the body, not a thing.  But there're a couple of pics of her that def make me rethink that!  One of her in a one piece leopard suit - she's no Ashton - but it is fantastic!

4.  Another of my all time favorites (that many of you forget) is Molly - she has quite a sexy little pic in there too.

5.  Whither Rachel W?  Like one little pic...

6.  It was a good time walking through so many pics of old "friends" and Cassie 🙂.  Y'all should buy one!

• Love 5
On 12/19/2020 at 4:04 AM, parrotfeathers said:

What are all of you doing for Christmas?  Hubby and I are staying home and I'm cooking a rib roast.

Thankfully where I am in Aus we have almost a 'normal' christmas as our covid restrictions have eased a bit. Going to see Hubbys family for bbq lunch then my family for dinner. They live close enough to us and to each other so we can do it all in one day and then we are ready to hit the boxing day sales the next day!  This year we are taking our one year old puppy with us, who is 52kg (110 pounds) so that should be interesting 🤣

Have a safe and happy christmas everyone! 💙

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Opine said:

So, I got my copy of the Star.  The oldies pics were way too small for these blind old eyes to really see.  The other pics were interesting.  They certainly favored certain girls.  Here's a few thoughts:

1.  You forget how Ashton just oozes sexuality.  Wow!  

2.  The Schraminator remains a favorite in appearance and personality.

3.  Tess.  Ms. Tess Guidry (or whatev.....) I have never been a fan of her look AT ALL.  Not the hair, not the face, not the body, not a thing.  But there're a couple of pics of her that def make me rethink that!  One of her in a one piece leopard suit - she's no Ashton - but it is fantastic!

4.  Another of my all time favorites (that many of you forget) is Molly - she has quite a sexy little pic in there too.

5.  Whither Rachel W?  Like one little pic...

6.  It was a good time walking through so many pics of old "friends" and Cassie 🙂.  Y'all should buy one!

Quite a few gals that deserved a photo or more.  And yes, Molly was 🔥!!!

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I adore Bernies! They are such adorkable goofballs and, yes, they are big doofus'.  I've had the pleasure of knowing two.  They are hilarious, but they shed! 

Ohh yeah! I vacuum twice a day at the moment 😃 Thank you for calling him by his correct name and not saying he is a 'burmese' 😅😃

What a gorgeous ball of floof!! Thank you for posting, and please give him an extra pet for me 🙂 

It’s such a weird thing when there are much bigger problems this year, but I really miss petting random dogs at wineries, outdoor craft shows, even out on hikes. Still some opportunities, of course, but without people out and about, their dogs aren’t either. I had always traveled too much to justify having a pup heaven knows that’s changed this year. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

What was the name of board we use to discuss the show on before Twop? There’s primetimer, twop, and there was one more before but can’t remember the name. 

Mighty Big TV! That’s how I originally found this place, was trying to see what I had missed on an episode of Felicity 😂

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Ohh yeah! I vacuum twice a day at the moment 😃 Thank you for calling him by his correct name and not saying he is a 'burmese' 😅😃

It seems they shed enough to create another pupper every day or so (at least it seems like it), but they are such lovable dorks despite that.  Both of the ones I've known are such leaners that one almost has to be set when they do so because it's so easy to get knocked over.  You're very welcome in regards to the name. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

What was the name of board we use to discuss the show on before Twop? There’s primetimer, twop, and there was one more before but can’t remember the name. 

4 hours ago, kalibean said:

Mighty Big TV! That’s how I originally found this place, was trying to see what I had missed on an episode of Felicity 😂

Whoa. Mighty Big TV. There’s a blast from the past! 😂 

I think by the time CMT:MTT started it was TWoP because I can recall reading the forums from the beginning and it was definitely TWoP by then (although I wasn’t brave enough to step a toe into posting on the forums until Season 2). After TWoP was sold to Bravo, the girls who ran TWoP started Previously.tv which later morphed into PrimeTimer. And here we are.

I kinda miss how hilariously brutal TWoP was though, both the recaps and the forums. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Whoa. Mighty Big TV. There’s a blast from the past! 😂 

I think by the time CMT:MTT started it was TWoP because I can recall reading the forums from the beginning and it was definitely TWoP by then (although I wasn’t brave enough to step a toe into posting on the forums until Season 2). After TWoP was sold to Bravo, the girls who ran TWoP started Previously.tv which later morphed into PrimeTimer. And here we are.

I kinda miss how hilariously brutal TWoP was though, both the recaps and the forums. 

And never understood the boards on boards warning from the mods 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I liked how one had to "catch up" before one could post

I miss that A LOT, especially when there's a surge of people who find the forum.  Good for the site to have new traffic and page views, but yikes.   I don't expect people to read through a zillion pages, but I tend to go back at least a few pages when I'm looking at a new forum.  90% of the time my question is answered somewhere in there.  Usually for me it's the spoiler threads for The Bachelor/The Bachelorette when I hear something that catches my attention.  I haven't watched a full season of that show in a decade but sometimes it still wraps me back in.  LOL.  I used to work with the main guy that spoils the show back in 2007/2008 so it always makes me chuckle that he's pivoted from textiles to gossip.

One reason I stuck with MBTV/TWoP was the rules and structure.  The strict rules weeded out a lot of low quality content that you tend to see on Reddit, Facebook posts, etc.  Seemed like we could have stronger discussions, and not a bunch of punchy back and forth posts about who is pretty or not pretty.  Not that it's top of mind today!  I use the ignore function A LOT now.  But here I am going boards on boards so now I'm just part of the problem 😉  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I assume you know he's dating Kat Dunn 🙂 

Oh, now you’ve Dunn it (get it? 😆 Ugh please forgive me. Because of quarantine, I’ve been spending far too much time with my husband and his corny “dad jokes”). You know she’s like Beetlejuice...she always pops up if you say her name too many times. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh goodness, I didn’t. I did find myself curious about who she was dating, because she’s had a handful of characters in her Instagram stories. I don’t think I follow her tho, just Sydney, so occasionally I’ll flip through KD’s too. She’s a goofball but seems like a good friend and a lot of fun. In very small doses. 

But back to RS...I thought he was kind of a creeper back then and he was older than me, soooo that’s an interesting combo. Heart wants what it wants I guess!  And it’s been a minute since I’ve talked to him, so hopefully I’m just remembering wrong 😂

• Love 1

I don't have a picture (as he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get one), but I have a very large, very floofy, snoopervisor here at the moment.  I was visiting family (WITH mask, despite being family) and the Bernese Mountain Dog decided he wanted to become a lapdog.  Fortunately, he only managed to get HALF his body in my lap, but it was rather adorable because he put his head down on his paws and just loved having all the attention.  There's been a few times he's just LEANED into me and nearly knocked me off my feet, but he's a super-mellow pup and just wants all the loves and attention he can get (as he's competing for attention with two of the under-10 crowd on Christmas morning).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't have a picture (as he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get one), but I have a very large, very floofy, snoopervisor here at the moment.  I was visiting family (WITH mask, despite being family) and the Bernese Mountain Dog decided he wanted to become a lapdog.  Fortunately, he only managed to get HALF his body in my lap, but it was rather adorable because he put his head down on his paws and just loved having all the attention.  There's been a few times he's just LEANED into me and nearly knocked me off my feet, but he's a super-mellow pup and just wants all the loves and attention he can get (as he's competing for attention with two of the under-10 crowd on Christmas morning).

The good ol’ Berner lean. Duke loves leaning on people for cuddles. He also thinks he is a lap dog 🤣  He’s our first dog and I couldn’t see me ever having another breed, they are just so special! 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, kalibean said:

Oh goodness, I didn’t. I did find myself curious about who she was dating, because she’s had a handful of characters in her Instagram stories. I don’t think I follow her tho, just Sydney, so occasionally I’ll flip through KD’s too. She’s a goofball but seems like a good friend and a lot of fun. In very small doses. 

But back to RS...I thought he was kind of a creeper back then and he was older than me, soooo that’s an interesting combo. Heart wants what it wants I guess!  And it’s been a minute since I’ve talked to him, so hopefully I’m just remembering wrong 😂

On 12/24/2020 at 6:05 AM, ByTor said:

They actually broke up. She discusses it on her podcast.

Has anybody tried to hang anything with Alien Tape? I recently switched internet to Fios, and I had to move my router, which the tech noted I could hang on the wall to get out of the way. I suck (tm Cassie) at anything "drill" related, so Alien Tape would be a great alternative if it actually works!

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Has anybody tried to hang anything with Alien Tape? I recently switched internet to Fios, and I had to move my router, which the tech noted I could hang on the wall to get out of the way. I suck (tm Cassie) at anything "drill" related, so Alien Tape would be a great alternative if it actually works!

I had never heard of it so looked it up and saw a youtube video.  Guy tried it out on several things and came to the conclusion it didn't really work and if you used it on a sheetrock wall it removed paint and sheetrock when you tried to remove it.  

I'm more of a hammer a nail in the wall person.  But prob that won't work on a router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7e0aYEIgsU

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I had never heard of it so looked it up and saw a youtube video.  Guy tried it out on several things and came to the conclusion it didn't really work and if you used it on a sheetrock wall it removed paint and sheetrock when you tried to remove it.  

I'm more of a hammer a nail in the wall person.  But prob that won't work on a router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7e0aYEIgsU

My router has 2 holes in the back so it could be hung on the wall (like a landline phone). Oh well, screws it is!  My poor wall 😞 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

My router has 2 holes in the back so it could be hung on the wall (like a landline phone). Oh well, screws it is!  My poor wall 😞 

Well it's better than taking half the sheetrock off I suppose.

The guy tried hanging a shower caddy with it and it crashed after 48 hours.