Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2018 at 5:21 PM, ByTor said:

@go4luca it's like Kelli says, something for everyone!  I guess it comes down to it bugging me that I have it in my head that Lacey got hosed in favor of Kashara.  I guess I've known a lot of "cute bubbly" people who ended up being backstabbers so I'm (probably unfairly) projecting it on her.

Lacey hosed herself if anything from acting like she was terrified of taking more leadership.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Lacey hosed herself if anything from acting like she was terrified of taking more leadership.

But here's where I get confused.  I understand taking on leadership helps you become a GL (and Lacey was one last year), but how does it help to be chosen to dance up front?

• Love 3

Erica sucked as a leader and they knew from day 1 Holly did not have leadership material. Cersten, eh, maybe, but she has def. been 100% All About Cersten more than anything. Jenna just got way too full of her self, and fed off that whole Diva crowd. Sad, because she could and should have been more front and center, but she did her own self in. Glad that toxic bunch has moved on.

• Love 4

I had yet ANOTHER DCC dream where I was in Training Camp and ended getting sent to all these out of the way places in the HUGE multi-building/multi-field area where we were practicing and ending up either being late or missing out on practices altogether.  In one case, someone hid my practice clothes and only let me know where they were when I was already late (or missing practice) again.

Geez.  What is UP with me and these dreams?

• Love 1

So I have a contribution to DCC dreams - I was trying out and had made training camp, and was working my ass off to make it, when I got into a knock-down-drag-out fist fight with a girl that used to bully me in high school named Jessika.  I was absolutely terrified that meant I would be cut, and I was in the midst of an office meeting with Kelli and Judy trying to explain myself in hopes I didn’t completely ruin my chances of making the team.  Actually woke up feeling straight up guilty for getting into a fight with the girl in my dream cause she shares a name with cute Jessika that is besties with Kyndall lol

No idea what’s up with people trying to sabotage our DCC dreams @EricaShadows, but if it comes to a knock-down drag-out fight, I’ve got your back 😂

• LOL 1
Just now, TexasBorn said:

Sorry, I'm a football idiot. I saw Kash's post about it being the last regular season game. What does that mean? Are there playoffs for the Superbowl? As you can tell, I'm just a DCC fan. Lol!

There's a good chance the Cowboys go to the playoffs, currently they're #1 in their division. They need to win this week or next week to win their conference, or the Redskins and Eagles need to lose. If they win the division, they have a first round BYE into the divisional round where they play the winner of the wildcard round. So at most they have 2-3 more games left to play. There's one more regular season home game, and one more away game.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There's a good chance the Cowboys go to the playoffs, currently they're #1 in their division. They need to win this week or next week to win their conference, or the Redskins and Eagles need to lose. If they win the division, they have a first round BYE into the divisional round where they play the winner of the wildcard round. So at most they have 2-3 more games left to play. There's one more regular season home game, and one more away game.

THANK YOU!

IF they make it to the playoffs, will any games be at AT&T stadium? Basically, asking if the DCCs are done with dancing at AT&T stadium.

Edited by TexasBorn
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

THANK YOU!

IF they make it to the playoffs, will any games be at AT&T stadium? Basically, asking if the DCCs are done with dancing at AT&T stadium.

If they win out, I think they'll get home field advantage. Not quite sure, but most likely if they win the division I think it's going to be done at AT&T Stadium.

• Love 1

I took a bar method class last Saturday at the local studio and loved it enough to buy a 3-class "trial" period.  I don't know if other studios are doing the same thing.  When I go back to take the first of those three classes tomorrow, I'm going to see what this whole "buy the 3-class trial period and get a $50 credit" is.  If you've a local studio, look into it, though the classes seem to be expensive.

Anybody watch the Masked Singer on Wednesday? I thought it would be good but was kind of disappointed with it. Probably won't watch it again because our Fox channel was yanked by Spectrum and Tribune (contract dispute) and had to watch it on the On Demand channel  which works .

• Love 1
On 1/4/2019 at 4:44 PM, rhofmovalley said:

So...these girls would be considered "fat" by DCC standards, right?

Charger girls.jpg

The girl on the left (our left) looks a lot like Rose who was in Training Camp in Dallas four or so years ago.  This would be her third year as a Charger girl, unless I'm miscounting.

Edited by EricaShadows
On 1/4/2019 at 6:44 PM, rhofmovalley said:

Charger girls.jpg

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

The girl on the left (our left) looks a lot like Rose who was in Training Camp in Dallas four or so years ago.  This would be her third year as a Charger girl, unless I'm miscounting.

I don't think that's Rose...

2019-01-07 (3).png

Looks more like rookie Kylie to me.

2019-01-07 (9).png

Edited by Tootie
4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I loved The Masked Singer. It’s just mindless fun.

I guess it's just the way it was hyped that it would be real singers not athletes or actors who want to sing. I also thought they would reveal all of them not just one. I do think the one character (peacock?) Could be Donny Osmond by the clues.

• Love 2

There's been some discussion about Marlo Thomas in the Current DCC thread.  I read (and reread) the book "That Girl and Phil" written by Marlo Thomas' and Phil Donohue's former majordomo.  Very entertaining!  And, if true, Marlo Thomas has quite the potty mouth!

• Love 1

I loved That Girl when it was on and wish there were reruns.  For those too young to remember the show, Marlo Thomas played a very liberal young lady coming of age and trying to get out from under her father's thumb.  She moved to an apartment (much to her father's dismay).  Donald was  her very proper boyfriend who also tried to guide her not to make the often spontaneous decisions she made.   For those times she got into a Pickle (not Donald's) he would fix it with much exasperation.  He never made a pass at her or even tried to spend the night.  Dad was so afraid Donald was not the right person.  She was always Daddy's little girl and he spent every episode worrying about her career and chastity.  Sex was merely an innuendo and never mentioned.  (We need more shows like this.)  I loved it.  Maybe because, even though my family was intact, I never really knew my father.  I don't think he even knew what grade I was in.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thank you!  Don't have it yet but netflix has less and less I am interested in

I think it's because Netflix is focusing so much on their original programming, which I'm not particularly interested in.  I won't drop Netflix, though, because of AMC shows I like...The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul...plus I love to rewatch Breaking Bad.  I did drop Hulu, though.  I found I was only watching Seinfeld (I have the whole series on DVD so what's the point).

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul

I reluctantly started Better Call Saul and loved it.  Just finished what Netflix has and there are 2 more years.  I went ahead and went to episode 8 of season 2 of Breaking  Bad when they introduced Saul to get a better idea of his introduction.

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I reluctantly started Better Call Saul and loved it.  Just finished what Netflix has and there are 2 more years.  I went ahead and went to episode 8 of season 2 of Breaking  Bad when they introduced Saul to get a better idea of his introduction.

Really?  I thought Netflix had up to last season.  Ugh, did they remove one? :(

38 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I guess I need to see what season I just finished.  I know it's the one where Chuck did himself in the last few seconds.

That was last season, season 3  Season 4 wrapped up a few months ago.  This used to be a winter show, but they decided to start season 4 in August.  I always bought the season pass on Amazon, but this year so much time passed between seasons that I didn't really care (despite wanting to know about what happened to Chuck) so decided to save the money & just watch it when it comes out on Netflix.  Shockingly, I've managed to remain season 4 unspoiled!

I don't know where the God Friended Me forum went so I'm gonna vent here for a second. According to the Reverend the Yang's were teenagers who lacked family support and Heidi was dropped off in 1983, yet her father's license had a birthdate for 1951! That would have made him 32 years old...ffs CBS, get it together! 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, TexasBorn said:

Y'all, I just discovered how to use the "ignore list" option. I can return to enjoying the forum. I suggest you give it try.

Thanks lady.  This will be a first for me.  Appreciate the suggestion.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, TexasBorn said:

Y'all, I just discovered how to use the "ignore list" option. I can return to enjoying the forum. I suggest you give it try.

I found it last year and used it once. It is awesome, but it shows up in the discussion that you are ignoring that poster and I immediately think - "what rude thing did they say this time! hahahahahahahahaha. It is a great feature, like you I highly recommend it!  :)

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I will never look at a jump split the same again.  Watch full screen and check out around the 1:22 mark. 

(for those who don't follow gymnastics, Katelyn Ohashi was once an Olympic hopeful)

She bounced back up on that.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She bounced back up on that.

Yes, she did.  But The energy and power that she went into it (let alone the height) and then back up is amazing.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I will never look at a jump split the same again.  Watch full screen and check out around the 1:22 mark. 

(for those who don't follow gymnastics, Katelyn Ohashi was once an Olympic hopeful)

I absolutely love her!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, go4luca said:

Kate went viral last year as well for her MJ routine, I just love her. UCLA is so stacked with talent in Gymnastics it's crazy. I hope they win the NCAA championship again this year.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Love her hair. I hate it when they have 1000 clips and glued down with spray glitter. This girl has actual style besides the talent. 

Completely agree.  Plus sass.  Love that about her.

• Love 3

I’m back. I loved THAT GIRL because she was gorgeous, had great clothes, lived in Manhattan (which is all I wanted when I was a teenager), was an actress, had a cute boyfriend and the show was silly and zany. She always got herself in some trouble. I was obsessed. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I’m back. I loved THAT GIRL because she was gorgeous, had great clothes, lived in Manhattan (which is all I wanted when I was a teenager), was an actress, had a cute boyfriend and the show was silly and zany. She always got herself in some trouble. I was obsessed. 

And her daddy!  He was a good actor for sure.  Boyfriend Donald was always trying to tell her what to do.  And she never listened.

• Love 1