Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Spread Thin

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, PhereNicae1 said:

Well it was in her book, I think the whole story of her life really explains a lot of her now-personality. I have a great deal of sympathy for her based on the book...

She didnt shame Boo bear though, I know what you mean but thast not shaming. She wasnt being malicious. She wouldnt mind if her frineds just stated the obvious fact of her being fat..

I don't think the majority of us have read her book and I, for one, have no intention to. I can only stand to hate-watch her for an hour for free. I can't imagine paying to listen to her diatribes for several hours. This thread, in particular, is a discussion of what went on in this episode. I have no knowledge of her life outside of that. 

And I DO think she fat-shamed "Boo Bear". As others have already pointed out, she wasn't exactly nice or forgiving to him in his swim trunks. So much for "no body shaming." 

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I don't think the majority of us have read her book and I, for one, have no intention to. I can only stand to hate-watch her for an hour for free. I can't imagine paying to listen to her diatribes for several hours. This thread, in particular, is a discussion of what went on in this episode. I have no knowledge of her life outside of that. 

And I DO think she fat-shamed "Boo Bear". As others have already pointed out, she wasn't exactly nice or forgiving to him in his swim trunks. So much for "no body shaming." 

exactly, you have no knowledge of her life outside of highly edited and poorly scripted realtiy show.

• Love 3

I was most annoyed that Whitney appeared to have a sour face the whole parade.  Parades are for laughing and whooping it up if you are in the parade.  Even on a scooter she could have been more into enjoying it and if she couldn't she should have sat out.  People may have been laughing at her but maybe not as I am not sure how she would know as most parade watchers are there to have fun.

In my area people really wouldn't call out an insult at something like a parade with kids, etc. as other bystanders would call them out and tell them to shut it.  I could see it at something like a frat party or when an obese person is alone though as assholes prey on that. I sure it is real for some people.

Whitney is looking really unhealthy this season.  Last year I could buy that she maybe was a healthier morbidly obese but not now.  Just because she doesn't have diabetes and has good numbers for other medical tests doesn't mean she is healthy. If your body cannot perform as well as an average person of your age you are unhealthy.  If you are 32 years old, skinny and cannot walk a mile and look pasty white you are unhealthy and the same with if you are 375lbs.  Whitney is just plain unhealthy and her current weight is a byproduct of all her unhealthy ways (lack of real consistent exercise, very very poor eating habits).

I don't think it is fat shaming to comment Whitney is not healthy as her own show indicates it.  

• Love 18
11 hours ago, RCharter said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I sort of agree with @Nowhere -- I have never experienced someone just yelling rude comments to a person who is obese/overweight.  It just seems so strange, I know that a lot of people will shit talk behind the back of an obese person.....but it seems to require some weird level of commitment to assholery to actually roll down your window, think up an asshole comment and let 'er rip.

Most people I know of, been around, or heard of tend to keep their strong opinions to themselves.  Will someone sit in the comfort of their car and make a comment to their passenger?  Sure.  But to actually yell out the window to someone on the street? Seems odd.

Either way -- it sucks that you have to deal with that :(

I can tell you that as an overweight person I have many times experienced people yelling out fat comments from car windows or been made fun of loudly in public places.  You may have never witnessed it but it happens to overweight people a lot.  And it doesn't seem to take a lot of nerve from what I've seen.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, RCharter said:

Most people I know of, been around, or heard of tend to keep their strong opinions to themselves.  Will someone sit in the comfort of their car and make a comment to their passenger?  Sure.  But to actually yell out the window to someone on the street? Seems odd.

It DOES happen. My cousin was called a 'beached whale' while sunbathing in her own yard by someone driving by. I have been called names as well. And we are both MUCH smaller than Whitney. I have no doubt, even if the incidents on the show were staged, those kind of things DO happen to Whitney. 

• Love 10
(edited)

1.  I love how these people just hired an intern and she is already complaining about an injury from having to walk across the street twice.  Whitney is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and unfortunately, this is the reason why some employers will just refuse to hire overweight/obese people. 

2. Someone else in the world doesn't want to be "fat?"  Get Whitney her smelling salts!

3.  early 30's and you can't bend over without hurting yourself -- sounds fabulous!

4.  I like Roy, and I hope he calls her on her shit

5. Buddy should lose some weight, but living with Whitney is not the way to get that done.  But maybe in a few years he can be her My 600 Pound Life caretaker.

6. Oh and I see you TLC, you just blurred out the face of some random dude with beer.  Unless they showed him yelling the leprechaun line, I think that was a TLC intern affecting a southern accent.

7. Whitney talking shit about a dance routine she couldn't be bothered with...I just can't.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 16
Just now, PhereNicae1 said:

exactly, you have no knowledge of her life outside of highly edited and poorly scripted realtiy show.

Oh yes, like when she bullied Katie, treated her dad like crap, treated her friends like crap, acted like a narcissistic spoiled brat? Her on social media really backs all that up.

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, PhereNicae1 said:

this is what Whitney and who Whitney chooses to put out to the world

The only thing that we, the viewer, can know about Whitney's life is what we see on TV.  We can't know what we don't see on TV, and as other said, I would believe my eyes before I believed whatever Whitney says.

I might buy that she was an editing victim in season 1, but at this point she has signed at least one contract extension or renewal which she signed with full knowledge of what this show was about.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, RCharter said:

If I was a betting person, my guess is that she is a lot worse off camera. Just one example for now, if you are willing to talk in a very condesending way to your father, then turning your head and mouthing you bitch to your mom.......just saying.

As for this episode and really all this season, people seem to be mostly tiptoeing around Whitney.  A poster from here actually saw her arguing with crew during the parade.  Who does that?       So, for me I feel her behavior is much worse than the things we have seen.    

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Fake internship being fake?  Radio people agreed to be on Twit's show so they get face time to show how witty and whacky they are, even off air! 

6 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I'm not going to comment on Whitney's immature, unprofessional, disgusting behavior at the radio station (and the lunch) because that would be buying into the lie that the "internship" is anything approaching legitimate, rather than the crass product-placement that it is.

The heavier male host has a line in his Twitter bio about "watch us on TLC's My Big Fat Fabulous Life" so the "internship" is all about for show/promo.  Especially when you consider the producer originally said she was looking for a right-hand man who could really learn the ropes. I don't think being there once a week really achieves that goal.

4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Does her having a back owie preclude her from putting her contacts in? Or does she normally wear glasses at times?

i am only about halfway through this. Really enjoyed the whining, griping, and TMI in her work environment. "How was your first day?" "Good. I'm TIRED..."

"Back Owie." LOL!!! 

The "I'm tired" comment also bothered me. Even though the internship is fake, Whitney is way below the line of professionalism. 

• Love 14

Whitney tells Roy (is that the self-proclaimed "big guy" at the radio station?) that she LIKES being fat. That saying someone is fat shouldn't be a bad thing. So when someone calls her fat, i.e. the fake yelling of "I've never seen a fat leprechaun!", why does she take offense? Why doesn't she yell back, "You know it, baby!" or "Right on!" Roy is right. Like him, she doesn't truly like being that way.

Dang, I was waiting for her to blame PCOS for throwing her back out. She sure could hop in and out of that scooter pretty quick when she wanted to. I think she just didn't want to (or physically couldn't) walk the parade because of her weight. She was dripping with sweat just from walking across the street from the radio station to get bagels.

• Love 20

I'm still confused about why someone who had several years of experience in radio, and had worked in that industry only 2 years ago, would be hired as an "intern". Admittedly I don't know a lot about that type of work, though. Since it's fake anyway, I wonder why they didn't just hire her for another "job" more compatible with her experience. 

For a minute I actually pondered if maybe the scooter wasn't a rental at all, that maybe it was really Twit's and she's really reached the point where she needed one even before the back injury. But then I guess someone would have probably seen her out in public with it and reported on it if it was something that she was using often. But I have a feeling it won't be long before she does need it if things don't change. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

What about when her boss/coworker admitted that he didn't want to be fat and she was all, "Reeeeealllly?" That was her chance to admit to herself that being fat is not good for her, and she just couldn't do it.

I'm glad he's not pretending to love it for her sake. He's keeping his feelings pretty real and I appreciate that considering he's dealing with TLC and fat and fabulous. But I can see him having an ah-ha moment and deciding that he is fabulous after all. Whitney can be a hero.

• Love 7
(edited)
23 hours ago, greekmom said:

It looked to me like a Pokemon hat. Maybe I'm wrong. Hipster idiots.

It looked like some kind of animal hat to me....you know, like, the whole tail movement thing?  I don't know what it's called, but where people wear animal tails and sometimes don animal head hats....

Edited by LocalGovt
explaining what I meant
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think she just wanted to make it clear to the girlfriend that Buddy is hers, so she asks him to help her get out of the shower and then rub her down. It didn't seem like she needed too much help since he was lightly holding her hand. She stepped out of the shower by herself. He was basically just there to see her naked. Too bad for her, he didn't want to look. Is she trying to piss off his girlfriend? I wonder how she felt about that scene when she watched it.

I know, right!!???!!!  I was thinking along the same lines...her whiny, "Buuuddddyyyyyyyyyy......!!! Come help me!!!!"  And then the part about, "....will you rub it??"  ugh. Blech. She has the maturity of a 12 year old boy.

• Love 10
(edited)

Whit just loved it that Roy, the coworker boss, "needed" a larger chair like she did at the restaurant.  I don't think he did.  He was just being nice by getting a larger chair for himself when he got hers.  If he had needed a bigger chair, he would have already been sitting in it when she arrived. I wish he wouldn't have been so nice & would have loved to seen her getting her own bigger chair. 

ETA:  just remembered they all arrived together at restaurant but it looked like Roy fit fine in his original chair. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 12

Some of the worst of Whitney is in the talking heads and they don't seem to be spliced answers.  I guess they could be leading questions but I really just think she thinks she is being funny and not mean/rude.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PlygPigs said:

It DOES happen. My cousin was called a 'beached whale' while sunbathing in her own yard by someone driving by. I have been called names as well. And we are both MUCH smaller than Whitney. I have no doubt, even if the incidents on the show were staged, those kind of things DO happen to Whitney. 

I totally believe name calling happens to Whitney even if the show incidents were staged.  I have been witness to many such comments yelled from car windows when with obese friends.  One incident in particular still breaks my heart to think about to this day and it happened 30 years ago.  Just because Whitney is a poor representative against fat shaming because of her narcissistic attitude doesn't mean everything bad that the show depicts happening to her is a work of fiction.  I personally think those staged incidents might have been real events recreated so that the TV audience could hear them.

• Love 14
(edited)
On 7/7/2016 at 5:47 PM, PlygPigs said:

Did anyone else find it strange that TLC just happened to be there filming when Whitney threw her back out in the shower, or is it just me?

Yes! Thanks for reminding me of that!  I thought it was odd too, like, what are the chances?

On 7/7/2016 at 9:05 PM, Barb23 said:

Whit just loved it that Roy, the coworker boss, "needed" a larger chair like she did at the restaurant.  I don't think he did.  He was just being nice by getting a larger chair for himself when he got hers.  If he had needed a bigger chair, he would have already been sitting in it when she arrived. I wish he wouldn't have been so nice & would have loved to seen her getting her own bigger chair. 

ETA:  just remembered they all arrived together at restaurant but it looked like Roy fit fine in his original chair. 

I agree. He was just trying to be kind to her.

I love him. He said everything I'd want to say to her -- "You're really happy at what you see when you look in the mirror??"  "You know you shouldn't be eating this crap," etc.

I don't know what's fake or real anymore regarding this show, but it sure does get me spun up!

Edited by LocalGovt
misspelled
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Roy was fine in his chair, and I felt that he was trying to be nice too.

He may want to watch it though.....Whitney already seems to have eyes for him, and she seems to assume that he wants to date "a pretty fat girl."  That could get really weird, really quick.

I found it amusing that Whitney assumed that Roy talking about his body was all about her.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, RCharter said:

Roy was fine in his chair, and I felt that he was trying to be nice too.

He may want to watch it though.....Whitney already seems to have eyes for him, and she seems to assume that he wants to date "a pretty fat girl."  That could get really weird, really quick.

Uh oh.  Did I see correctly in the previews for next week that there's trouble in paradise with Yukon and the DanceMaster?   Something to the effect that he's nowhere to be found at 3:00am?  Whitney's calling him and there's no answer.  I'll go out on a limb and say he's not in the shower when she called.

Roy had better close the blinds in his apartment.  Whit just might be the type to drive by to see if he's home..

Edited by PsychoKlown
Crazy interweb
Just now, PsychoKlown said:

Uh oh.  Did I see correctly in the previews for next week that there's trouble in paradise with Yukon and the DanceMaster?   Something to the effect that he's nowhere to be found at 3:00am?  Whitney's calling him and there's no answer.  I'll go out on a limb and say he's not in the shower when she called.

Roy had better close the blinds in his apartment.  Whit just might be the type to drive by to see if he's home.

I can't even imagine who else wants to sleep with Lennie, I think he looks gross.  I'm sure it will all end up being a misunderstanding, and we'll find out he went to Del Taco at 3am or something. 

But he looks none too happy that she called him ten times!  !  !  That is at least 5 too many times!

It also sounds like Whit is going to talk about her personal relationship at work.....which means she may have the chance to "open up" to Roy.  

Maybe Roy can lose some weight running away from Whitney......although, maybe he can just walk away since she'll have to chase him in her HoverRound.

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

Whitney tells Roy (is that the self-proclaimed "big guy" at the radio station?) that she LIKES being fat. That saying someone is fat shouldn't be a bad thing. So when someone calls her fat, i.e. the fake yelling of "I've never seen a fat leprechaun!", why does she take offense? Why doesn't she yell back, "You know it, baby!" or "Right on!" Roy is right. Like him, she doesn't truly like being that way.

Good point!

PsychoKlown and RCharter!!!!  Y'all are on point!  Funny stuff.

Edited by mamapajama
Because those posts just tickled me.
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Also, is it just me, or did that African American woman in the dance class with the big hair (the one who rode in on the Scooter at the parade) give off a cross-dressing-man vibe to anyone else?.

Yes. I thought it was a transgendered woman, and found myself looking for some additional external clues. I was going to say something in my post ... but then I didn't want to say the wrong thing. Thanks for taking that hit, girl! :D 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Yes. I thought it was a transgendered woman, and found myself looking for some additional external clues. I was going to say something in my post ... but then I didn't want to say the wrong thing. Thanks for taking that hit, girl! :D 

In a season 1 episode, Whitney went to her to get her hair done and she said that she would probably have to wear a wig for a few days. Whitney was freaking out until Mattie pulled off her own wig and showed that she had male pattern baldness underneath. Whitney said it was fine for her to wear a wig because she's actually a man. So yeah, Mattie is either a transgendered woman or a man who dresses as a woman.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I haven't read her book, but I have read her old blog where she details her whole life as it relates to her weight. It really didn't make me more sympathetic to her because she comes across in her writing the exact same way she comes across on this show. She's very self-focused while at the same time having limited self-reflection and a tendency to place the blame for why she thinks/acts a certain way on external factors. IMO, her blog shows her to be shallow and narcissistic. Granted, she was very young, but as far as I can see, she hasn't really changed much since then. I'm 100% convinced that if she were not fat, she would be one of those people to laugh and whisper with her friends about the fat girl who thinks she can pull off a bikini.

Whitney does not care about other people having self-love. She proved that this episode by how she treats and talks about Caitie and Roy. She didn't want Caitie to have the small bit of pride that would come from having a portion of her choreography included because other people liked it. Whitney wanted everyone to think Caitie's choreography was clearly inferior. Plus, just because her back is injured doesn't mean that she couldn't have gone to class for every practice and taught them the choreography. Abby on Dance Moms can't dance to save her life but somehow those kids learn choreography from her instructions. And with Roy, she didn't reflect at all about how he could benefit from some guidance on self-love, she immediately talked about how his comments made her feel judged. She needs to grow up and realize the world is bigger than just her and her feelings about herself. Also, the person who called out the fat leprechaun comment was probably talking about the entire group of fat girls dressed as leprechauns. It's not all just about Whitney.

• Love 13
On July 6, 2016 at 9:21 PM, LunchBreak said:

It's just so very Whitney to put on a 'tude, and angrily roll through a parade at .25mph.

This literally made me laugh out loud!! 

I've just started watching the show and I'm so happy to have found this forum that confirms that other people are having the same reactions I am to this delusional, conceited, low self esteem(no matter what she tells herself and others) idiot!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she watches the scene with Buddy helping her out of the shower and into bed. He was obviously not enjoying it and was keeping his head turned away as much as possible and I'm pretty sure it wasn't to be discrete. 

• Love 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Roy had better close the blinds in his apartment.  Whit just might be the type to drive by to see if he's home..

The instant visual accompanying your last light made me choke a bit. A Whit-the-stalker angle would have me tuned in like it's The Walking Dead!

While we may not get to see anything so satisfying as her idling/hovering outside Roy's house, I do foresee some more cringeworthy "flirting" from her. Even her eyebrow wiggle makes me wince a bit... I think he feels bad for her to some degree. His expression seemed slightly pained as the radio staff watched Whit Frogger her way across the road. Yes, Roy. You sold out to both TLC and a wacky, zany morning show!

On another relationship note, I can't decide if Whitney is pining for Buddy or if it's bothering her that he has moved on.  It could be both, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

Edited by LunchBreak
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, LunchBreak said:

The instant visual accompanying your last light made me choke a bit. A Whit-the-stalker angle would have me tuned in like it's The Walking Dead!

While we may not get to see anything so satisfying as her idling/hovering outside Roy's house, I do foresee some more cringeworthy "flirting" from her. Even her eyebrow wiggle makes me wince a bit... I think he feels bad for her to some degree. His expression seemed slightly pained as the radio staff watched Whit Frogger her way across the road. Yes, Roy. You sold out to both TLC and a wacky, zany morning show!

On another relationship note, I can't decide if Whitney is pining for Buddy or if it's bothering her that he has moved on.  It could be both, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

I just think that Whitney wants to be the prettiest, most desirable girl in the room.  The thought that she may have "crossed the flesh hold" with Buddy once upon a time and he isn't even remotely interested in her is not the way Whitney operates.  The two of them living together is a terrible, terrible idea.  I mean....its great for me because I get to watch the trainwreck.....but its a bad idea for the both of them.  I wonder when she is seriously going to start acting out towards her friend?  If Buddy and GF move in together, all hell will break loose.

Because I suspect that it doesn't matter that Whitney has her own toy truck to play with...she wants YOUR toy truck too.

I definitely think there will be cringeworthy flirting with Roy.  I think its going to be hilarious.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Yeah, I agree, but she seems so sweet and zany and she has the funniest facial expressions that I think she is great.

She sort of reminds me of "Marshmallow" from Bob's Burgers

download.jpg

• Love 4
11 hours ago, fountain said:

Whitney is looking really unhealthy this season.  Last year I could buy that she maybe was a healthier morbidly obese but not now.  Just because she doesn't have diabetes and has good numbers for other medical tests doesn't mean she is healthy. If your body cannot perform as well as an average person of your age you are unhealthy.  If you are 32 years old, skinny and cannot walk a mile and look pasty white you are unhealthy and the same with if you are 375lbs.  Whitney is just plain unhealthy and her current weight is a byproduct of all her unhealthy ways (lack of real consistent exercise, very very poor eating habits).

I don't think it is fat shaming to comment Whitney is not healthy as her own show indicates it.  

yes, she is looking unhealthy. Being so obese has a lot to do with it, but having hormones out of whack due to PCOS really takes its toll on you. You wouldnt know, but people with PCOS appear unhealthy even if they arent that obese. because we ARE, even at our healthiest we are not healthy. Not being able to process carbs and ovulate just makes a difference.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I haven't read her book, but I have read her old blog where she details her whole life as it relates to her weight. It really didn't make me more sympathetic to her because she comes across in her writing the exact same way she comes across on this show. She's very self-focused while at the same time having limited self-reflection and a tendency to place the blame for why she thinks/acts a certain way on external factors. IMO, her blog shows her to be shallow and narcissistic. Granted, she was very young, but as far as I can see, she hasn't really changed much since then. I'm 100% convinced that if she were not fat, she would be one of those people to laugh and whisper with her friends about the fat girl who thinks she can pull off a bikini.

Whitney does not care about other people having self-love. She proved that this episode by how she treats and talks about Caitie and Roy. She didn't want Caitie to have the small bit of pride that would come from having a portion of her choreography included because other people liked it. Whitney wanted everyone to think Caitie's choreography was clearly inferior. Plus, just because her back is injured doesn't mean that she couldn't have gone to class for every practice and taught them the choreography. Abby on Dance Moms can't dance to save her life but somehow those kids learn choreography from her instructions. And with Roy, she didn't reflect at all about how he could benefit from some guidance on self-love, she immediately talked about how his comments made her feel judged. She needs to grow up and realize the world is bigger than just her and her feelings about herself. Also, the person who called out the fat leprechaun comment was probably talking about the entire group of fat girls dressed as leprechauns. It's not all just about Whitney.

Thanks for the Abby from Dance Moms reference.  I think she has said she went into choreography because she couldn't dance.  Oh, I would love to see Miss Abby make an appearance on Whit's show & do some critiquing.  They could also discuss their size issues.  TLC are you listening?

Good point also about maybe the guy was yelling the fat leprechaun comment to the whole group.  The group did look more like leprechauns than Whit.  I've never seen a leprechaun (whatever size) wearing a light green tank top, tie dyed leggings & green boas. 

• Love 4

Abby Lee Miller's biography says she studied dance, but preferred teaching to performing. I read somewhere that another instructor demonstrates the moves. That makes sense to me, especially for unfamiliar steps.

This isn't to say Whitney shouldn't have gone to rehearsals even though she couldn't dance. I think just being there for moral support would have meant a lot to the dancers.

And then I laugh at myself for believing any of these scenes are real.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, RCharter said:

Yeah, I agree, but she seems so sweet and zany and she has the funniest facial expressions that I think she is great.

She sort of reminds me of "Marshmallow" from Bob's Burgers

download.jpg

Yes, I want to see HER fabulous life! She's a hoot.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It depends on how you view being healthy. If you view it as how people look, then no obese person can be healthy. Doctors view health as being able to do everyday activities, have normal blood pressure, and blood sugar and no diseases. I don't think Whitney is healthy at her extreme weight but that doesn't mean some obese people are not healthy. You can also be thin and unhealthy. I don't believe anyone here really cares about Whit's health-it's mostly about a general hatred of fat people which I have a problem with.  There is no medical proof that being obese alone causes early death. So technically a person with moderate obesity can be healthier than a skinny person with medical issues.

There absolutely is. I work in healthcare and have to deal with the obese too often. There BP, resting heart rate and pulse ox are never in the normal range. Have you ever seen a chest xray on an obese person? There lungs are literally squished by all that fat. Her heart was said to be ok for now, but she is not healthy. Fat develops around the heart in time. The winded out of breath episodes are her body's way of saying, I am working to hard.

However, you are right about something...too thin is unhealthy as well. It too is unattractive. I can't keep weight on and it has aged me. My metabolism is extremely fast. But unlike Whit, I listen to my doctors. I listen to my nutritionist. I want to be healthy.

• Love 9

Lennie had one of those kiddie Lion hat on in the bed.  It has a face.  

Is Todd supposed to be a "pro" dancer?. His moves and teaching seems to be as basic as Whitney's.  

Whitney reminds me of those women from movies like My Best Friend's Wedding or similar movies.  I don't know any one that would reenact something like that for the camera.  Poor Buddy.

That radio gig.  Is this supposed to be a set up towards her not being able to work, for free?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think Miss Abby is in jail, isn't she? 

No, she pled guilty to bankruptcy fraud a couple of weeks ago, but the sentencing hearing isn't until October.

• Love 2
(edited)

Great comments all around.

One of the things I'm still annoyed by is when Whitney kept saying how "spread thin" she has been lately.  As another poster upthread said, "spread thin" is not a once a week dance class and a once a week internship.  "Spread thin" to me is juggling a full time job, raising busy children, being involved with aging and possibly ill parents, running a home with a mortgage and a zillion bills and ongoing maintenance issues, doing volunteer work, helping friends in need and hopefully having a little time for a hobby.  That kind of thing (at least in my life) that's what spread thin is!.  I was really put off by Whitney's kvetch that she was spread too thin given the "schedule" she has (if you can call it a schedule).   

Sheesh.  She really lacks self awareness.  

Edited by RabbiBeth
type o
  • Love 11

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here. I agree with so much of what you all are saying. As my husband and I were watching the other night, I turned to him and said, "Wow, Whitney really is reality tv gold." She has ZERO shame, not just no body shame. Her behavior toward her parents, those that love her, the other dancers in her class and her new co-workers is shameful, and inappropriate in many instances. I don't think there is much that she wouldn't allow to be broadcast across the airwaves. 

I thought her behavior towards Katie has been hideous. Why would she, or any of the other dancers, want to put up with Whitney's antics? Every performance is really just a Whitney show after all. The dancers in her group seem like great people though, and have tremendous patience!

i don't doubt that someone could've yelled the "fat leprechaun" comment at her during the parade. I think it is suspect though, as we know the powers over at TLC are master manipulators. 

I know weight loss is hard, I really do. I also have PCOS and while weight loss is difficult, it is not impossible with hard work and discipline. But guess what? That is what you need to do to attain any goal, including living a happier, healthier and - dare I say, more fabulous - life. I'm rooting for Whitney. But I cringe while I do it.

• Love 11

One thing I noticed was that the crowd at the parade was pretty sparse.  So, everyone would have noticed a loud drunk  guy and at least looked around.... But not one person reacted.  Yep, TLC shenanigans.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, PhereNicae1 said:

yes, she is looking unhealthy. Being so obese has a lot to do with it, but having hormones out of whack due to PCOS really takes its toll on you. You wouldnt know, but people with PCOS appear unhealthy even if they arent that obese. because we ARE, even at our healthiest we are not healthy. Not being able to process carbs and ovulate just makes a difference.

Jillian Michaels, Emma Thompson, Kate Gosselin (allegedly), and Victoria Beckham all have PCOS and I don't think any of those women look particularly unhealthy.  I think Victoria Beckham often looks angry, and I personally think she might look better with 10-20 pounds, but she doesn't look unhealthy to me.

34 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

One thing I noticed was that the crowd at the parade was pretty sparse.  So, everyone would have noticed a loud drunk  guy and at least looked around.... But not one person reacted.  Yep, TLC shenanigans.

The guy they panned to just looked like a drunk guy excited to be holding up his beer on TV.  He didn't even look like he was saying anything.

• Love 3
On 7/6/2016 at 10:10 PM, greekmom said:

Can people who are employed in radio can tell me how much Twit is bullshitting in regards to “radio being casual”.  Seeing Twitney on the floor, the discussion about sex, etc. I agree with SuzyLee – they are laughing at her not with her.  Makes me think that Twit’s no BS campaign has nothing to do with people accepting other people the way they are. She is the ultimate mean girl and self hater. 

My second question to people who are in and around Twit’s area – has anyone heard her on the radio?

The shower scene: Am I watching My Big Fat Fab Life or 600 lb Life? I think she can give Penny or Pauline a run for their money from my 600 lb Life.  Looks like Buddy has pretty much had enough of her as well.  I really didn’t see a friend caring for another friend but more of  “shit I have to help her?” attitude.  And where was Lennie?  

I am wondering if Katie or whatever her name who was totally embarrassed by Twit actually suggested the scooter and funded that thing.  Why would Twitney even go into the parade on a scooter?  She should have opted out but Twit likes the attention, no matter what type of attention.

That was the crappiest dance I have ever seen.

P.S. Look like Asshat maybe may feel that the pay isn’t enough and is jumping the Twit ship?

When Whit was a producer on the Greensboro morning radio show (where Buddy's GF Heather was married to one of the on-air personalities on the same show), she was on air fairly often and acted very similarly. She at least once talked about how she had a very active sex life and had no issue picking up men at the clubs, talked about her PCOS, and I believe posted a pregnancy test on the radio Facebook page. She had laser hair removal done and did a promotion for the business that aired on the station, as recently as this year.  She does seem to act the same on her show as she did then.

• Love 2