Type keyword(s) to search

Paul Abrahamian: Fear The Beard

(edited)

This is a non-spoiler discussion thread of BB18 HG Paul Abrahamian.

Paul is one of my favorites to watch in the first four episodes of the network broadcasts.   But feel free to express your dislike, as there seems to be a lot.  

Edited by K-9

Underneath that ugly beard and tatts I think there's a cute young guy, so eh...I'm okay with him. For now. I prefer douchebags who try to play the game than timid little mouses afraid to move for fear of getting blood on their head.

On 7/1/2016 at 1:26 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Underneath that ugly beard and tatts I think there's a cute young guy, so eh...I'm okay with him. For now. I prefer douchebags who try to play the game than timid little mouses afraid to move for fear of getting blood on their head.

Have you seen him without his beard?  I was going to post a link, but I'm new here so I'm not sure if it's allowed.

I've always found facial hair (from 3 day stubble to full on rip van winkle!) on men divinely sexy so I love Paul's beard. On the other hand I'm not a fan of tattoos (on men or women) at all.  I hope Paul hangs around for awhile as he's fun to watch and gives good diary room.

17 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

The beard isn't too bad but the tattoos kill it for it.

I'm fine with tattoos, but Paul has way too many of them.  They take up his whole chest.  

Paul got himself off the block!  I only watch the network broadcasts, so it appeared his selection of Zak to compete in PoV won some key trust.  But I thought Paul's second half of his PoV speech about friendship was risky.  I was screaming in my head for him to stop talking; don't make it look like he's got a conversation going on with Paulie.   Then I was expecting HoH Paulie to suddenly change his mind and keep noms the same. 

On 7/7/2016 at 2:16 AM, K-9 said:

Paul got himself off the block!  I only watch the network broadcasts, so it appeared his selection of Zak to compete in PoV won some key trust.  But I thought Paul's second half of his PoV speech about friendship was risky.  I was screaming in my head for him to stop talking; don't make it look like he's got a conversation going on with Paulie.   Then I was expecting HoH Paulie to suddenly change his mind and keep noms the same. 

Who's Zak?

On July 4, 2016 at 4:12 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah, you can. I did google and he was cute. Why the fuck do cute guys want to do this shit to themselves? Tats are fine but not where you can no longer see skin in a certain area.

His face is ok without the z z top look beard but his body and posture are wack

PASS

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

He's back on the block this week...

If Paul sticks around, looks like he will be the recurring nominee.

Paul has already been invoking the Power of Johnny Mac - but I don't think Paul has the same staying power.

1 hour ago, J.D. said:

If he somehow makes it to the end, I expect to see a lot of "Friendship" T-shirt wearing people in the audience.

I think only rabid fans and some times staff fill those seats so I say, overwhelming no to this notion!  :^)  

Reading the episode threads, there is so many who are annoyed with Paul.  TPTB probably love this.  They'd rather have you annoyed and reacting.  The "meh" HGs, like Michelle so far, are garnering little to zero episode time.

Paul has gotten involved strategically in the game, enough to have it shown in the episode.   Hope he at least makes it to the Jury.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Paul has a serious shot at Favorite HG this season. 

If people aren't watching the Live Feeds, yes.  If they are, nope.  He's getting a pretty sanitized edit on the broadcast episodes so to non-Live Feed viewers he could be seen as the come-back kid....started off on the block a couple of weeks....rose to the level of a major player.

Edited by J.D.

During his HoH reign, Paul gets both the "Who Wants To See My HoH Room?" segment and the family/friend interview.  Less common nowadays on network episodes.

From Paul's online clothing business, Deadskull    http://www.deadskullapparel.com/products

The "About" section message:

About

Deadskull was made to be more than just some brand that sells ink & fabric. We want our products to inspire & advocate you to live a special kind of life. One that is filled with adventure & the philosophies of simple, yet powerful  ideas that we often overlook.

Let’s face it, our time is very much limited. You don’t get a second chance at this crazy thing called life. You’re here, you made it, and you’re alive; so take full advantage of everything it has to offer and make it your own.

Do something awesome everyday & find beauty in things you haven't before. Step outside your own boundaries; escape, discover, experience, create, and most importantly, don’t ever let anyone tell you that you’re incapable and/or not good enough. The world is your oyster, now crack that fucker open and grab the pearl.

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

During his HoH reign, Paul gets both the "Who Wants To See My HoH Room?" segment and the family/friend interview.  Less common nowadays on network episodes.

Especially this season. 

Hmm.  Just occurred to me.  We didn't get a WWTSMHOHR until the third HoH, Bridgette.  Skipped over were Nicole (a returneE vet) and Paulie (sibling of a vet).  Reckon maybe the families of said vet/vet sibling decided they didn't want to put up with all the foolishness a second time, and refused to sign the waivers?  :)

On August 5, 2016 at 0:57 AM, bagatelle said:

Has Paul ever had a girlfriend? I get a vibe from him, not that there's anything wrong with that.

He totes gay. He made a comment about having sex and he referred to the people he has sex with as "my lovers" rather than "my girlfriends".

8 hours ago, Silo said:

He totes gay. He made a comment about having sex and he referred to the people he has sex with as "my lovers" rather than "my girlfriends".

Paul has also made multiple references to his constant hassles in sneaking a veritable unending parade of girls up to his room at his parent's house to bone, including one specific story about nailing some girl on the stairs up to his room (with the caveat his "parents weren't home at the time").

My opinion? 

Considering how much Paul goes on about the constant bonefest which is his life...?

I think Paul is this fucking guy.

I won't go into depths about my hatred for Banana Beard Bobblehead TinyDick dictator Paul, because what would be the point.  Life is too short to think about this walking shitpile for longer than it would take to flush him.

However, since we're now past episode 19.18 and it would feel weird for me to resurrect the thread for 19.17 to address this issue, let me encapuslize something that really makes me loathe Paul.  To wit:

"I can tell Jessica to lower her voice." –Paul, during the HoH room confrontation.

No, TinyDick, you cannot TELL Jessica to lower her voice.  You don't own her, you don't command her, you don't get to Dick-tate her actions.  She is neither your property nor your dog, as Cody pointed out.  Just as you have no right to tell Cody "shh-shh" or tell him to leave the room.

You may ASK Jessica and Cody to lower their voices.  You can tell Cody that you WANT him to leave the room.  But you don't get to issue orders, even if everybody else's kowtowing to your pull with the producers "veteran insight" means that you've been allowed to get away with acting like a Dick-tator, that doesn't make you any less of an asshole for doing so.

Loathesome fucking ugly bug, with a personality to match.  Since it's clear that absolutely nobody will evict him, I hope he chokes on the slop, has to be med-evaced, can't return to the game, doesn't make Jury, and suffers permanent impairment of his vocal cords.  (Nothing major, just no screaming, ever again.)  Disgusting excuse for a human being.  Ugh.

• Love 6

Something about Paul  has always made me think he hates women.  He can get angry at the men, but it's still within the game.  When he gets annoyed with a woman, and that's anytime one refuses to obey his wishes, then something really ugly peeks out.

• Love 5

Brought over from another thread:

8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When Jason walked in on Josh and Paul talking strategy in the couch room, and Paul immediately cut to "oh hey there yeah we were talking about tattoos" and then started berating Josh for not having as many tattoos as Paul, etc.,  - for a brief, shining, magical second, I thought that Josh was going to spill everything.  The look he gave Paul was one of someone who has had enough.  BUT THEN - I remembered what show I was watching.  And that everyone checked their brains at the door except Paul Manson.  And then I had a good chuckle and went back to my book.

Josh for the win?  Can he make something happen under the evil eye of Yuletide and The Mighty Bearded One?  

This type of behavior on the part of Paul is exactly why I will never consider him a "master strategist" of any sort.  Paul fancies himself one, to be sure, but in his treatment of Josh (and others), Paul reveals himself to be amateur-grade at best.

You'd think in the course of all the chess-playing, the HGs might pick up a thing or two about basic strategy.  The core weakness of Paul's strategies, however, is one which neophyte chess players learn very early in their gameplay: if your plan works only if/when your opponent accommodates you by moving the way you want him to, then it's not really a strategy at all - it's a glorified wishlist.  One unanticipated - unknowing, even - move by your opponent, and your plan may be defeated and your game left in shambles.  REAL strategy is outmaneuvering your opponent to the point they have no optional moves available, and have no choice but to follow the course you leave them.  Strategy dictates tactics, not the other way around.

Paul's "strategy", such that it is, depends upon a pretty straightforward set of tactics:

1. Isolate targets - directly by shunning them, indirectly by attacking anybody who doesn't shun them.
  2. Keep targets off-balance with a mix of indirect attacks - siccing Josh /Groundhog Day / Alex / Raven on them as weapons of mass distraction - the more irrational the attacks the better, to create a cloud of confusion which muddles the target's thinking.
  3. Follow up with direct misinformation - Paul presenting himself as "your only friend in the House" who is just as confused by the attacks as the target.
  4. Offer to be the target's conduit to the rest of the HGs, to try and resolve whatever is provoking the attacks - but emphasize you (Paul) needs to be the sole conduit, else wires may get crossed and it'll just make things worse.  Just lay low, and let Paul see what he can sort out for you.
  5. At this point, the target is your mushroom; just keep them in the dark and keep shoveling in the shit.
  6. VERY shortly before eviction - immediately before, if possible - break the news to the target: "I did everything I could - probably put a target on MY back in the process, to be honest - but you're going out the door tonight, good buddy, and I'm still not sure why."

...at which point the target is evicted and walks out of the house thinking ill of everybody – except, of course, good old buddy Paul. 

Each of Paul's lackeys has an assigned role in this strategy- Josh as bombardier, Christmas as sniper, Alex as a generally chaotic mix of the two, etc. - but Paul has to depend upon each of them  to carry out their assigned roles, and this leads directly to Paul's point of weakness. Paul no longer sees them except in the manner in which he has each of them pigeonholed into a little box - boxes from which they can't emerge without jeopardizing Paul's Grand Scheme.  Paul keeps them from stepping outside their boxes by attacking any demonstration of individually-oriented thought -  the "puppetmaster" does not want any of his puppets moving without him pulling their strings.  Paul also sometimes attacks or otherwise acts to diminish them as well, for no other discernible reason than entertainment.  This I put down to Paul's innate personality vs. any strategic significance, but such behavior (and the resulting alienation) could have significant strategic implications.

Bottom line: Paul's tactics are currently working, to be sure - but only so long as every other HG accommodates him by acting/reacting the way he needs for them to.  A single uncharacteristic "calling-out" by s target, or a single defection by a key player, and Paul's Grand Scheme becomes a House of cards - and Paul's behaving in a provocative manner doesn't help anybody, including Paul.  If Josh cracks - and chooses to crack on Paul in front of the entire House - Paul's "strategy" will be in tatters.  And Josh is but the very first canary to start feeling woozy in this particular coal mine.

• Love 8

Could Paul be more self-congratulatory?  I guess the only surprise is he held it in this long.  I think Paul must suffer from special snowflake syndrome.  I imagine his childhood, starting around the age of two, went something like this:

Every time Paul burped, farted, or drooled, the entire extended family would be invited over.  Paul would come toddling into the room, exhibiting one or more of these miracles, and the entire crew shrieks with delight, clapping at the little Einstein.  "Oh Paulie, you are the smartest, the most handsome, funniest, most amazing person in this entire world!  You are so precious and special!".

Repeat this for every tiny little thing a child accomplishes, even normal bodily functions, and you get something like Paul.  Now I'm sure some of his obnoxiousness is over compensation for being a diminutive little creature.  But everything about Paul is just so poseur, put on, try hard.  You just know he spends half the day just prancing about in front of a full length mirror, loudly praising himself as he poses.  The time it must take for him to groom his hair and beard before going out, selecting the perfect skin tight outfit, the putting on of the ten or so skull rings, earring, and necklaces, the amount of training it took to be so incredibly loud, over bearing, aggressive.  And the absolute joke he must be when he skips out of his parents' mansion, yelling back inside, "Hey Ma, I don't have any clean undies - can you do my laundry", and climbs into the sports car his parents probably bought him, replete with skulls, faux devil worshipping, and other sinister shit.  I would like to think the neighbors recognize he's a poseur, and roll their eyes as he speeds off, and think things like - little shit head, dumb little fucker, Mama's boy, over compensator, snowflake, etc.   He's a joke to me, an absolute joke.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

[Paul]'s a joke to me, an absolute joke.

Really?  I thought jokes were usually, you know, funny.

Paul is the guy in the bar who boasts long and loud about how he's the undefeated arm-wrestling champ at his place of work - without mentioning he works in a mortuary.

• Love 10

So, Paul threw a party…and only invited the HGs who voted for him to win.

No, really.

Just when you think he can't get any douchier…he does.  I bet Cody/Elena/Mark/Jason/Alex are really regretting their votes for Josh now!  They won't be able to sit at the cool kids' table in 7th grade, the whole year!  Hah!  Losers!

(Poor Kevin.  Sort of.)

DKYTljyW0AE_oCm.jpg

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

So, Paul threw a party…and only invited the HGs who voted for him to win.

No, really.

Just when you think he can't get any douchier…he does.  I bet Cody/Elena/Mark/Jason/Alex are really regretting their votes for Josh now!  They won't be able to sit at the cool kids' table in 7th grade, the whole year!  Hah!  Losers!

(Poor Kevin.  Sort of.)

DKYTljyW0AE_oCm.jpg

Are they the only ones he invited, or the only ones who showed up? 

I believe Josh was already headed back to Miami when Paul's gathering took place. Pretty sure those two aren't going to be lifelong buddies and traveling companions like Josh originally thought. Paul is a bitter little man.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Are they the only ones he invited, or the only ones who showed up? 

His cousin, who ran his Twitter while he was gone, claims that Paul invited everyone but only these people showed up. Elena made a Tweet that says otherwise:

And seeing as Paul skipped the wrap party, probably because he was in his bitter/angry/petty phase of losing and didn't want to fake being nice to people, I can assume Paul also only invited the ones who voted for him. He might have also invited Josh, as Easter Monday wrote something about missing Josh at this reunion, but even that's unclear. Seeing as Paul was also visibly pushing Josh away DURING THE FINALE on live TV, I have a feeling Paul isn't going to be inviting Josh to events with him. He absolutely blames him, as well as the jurors and America, for Josh winning and Cody winning AFP. Paul hasn't been able to be humble about his loss like Josh has about his win. Paul will forever be bitter and claim that he's "never cared", but that's just code for "Oh, I care way too much." 

• Love 10
On 9/24/2017 at 1:29 PM, Lady Calypso said:

His cousin, who ran his Twitter while he was gone, claims that Paul invited everyone but only these people showed up. Elena made a Tweet that says otherwise:

Lucky Mark....  ;>

• Love 4