Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Leeds said:

Mounjaro apparently is not for "adults with diabetes and children under the age of 18."  Just change the word order and I'll stop feeling bad for adults who have both diabetes and young children.

It doesn't surprise me that kids under 18 cause diabetes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Is rudeness the new normal for commercials? I'm noticing it a lot lately. The Old Spice commercials where the man is loudly indignant and confrontational because his MIL has used his Old Spice was bad enough but now there is one for McDonalds where the couple is at a drive through and their entire conversation (including the things they are thinking to themselves about each other) is just insulting and rude. 

I guess the powers that be were going for funny (I guess) but that's not how it's coming across and then the tag line "anyone who says they want nothing is a...LIAR".  Yeah, that's going to get me rushing out to McDonalds.

Edited by Laura Holt
  • Like 6
8 hours ago, Leeds said:

Mounjaro apparently is not for "adults with diabetes and children under the age of 18."  Just change the word order and I'll stop feeling bad for adults who have both diabetes and young children.

Mounjaro is a diabetes drug. How can it not be for adults with diabetes?  The ad probably says Type 1 diabetes, not diabetes across the board. My SIL got put on it and it's really helping her.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

Is rudeness the new normal for commercials? I'm noticing it a lot lately. 

The commercial for the streaming service “Max” with the Todd Chrisley-looking jerk saying their subscription bills are too high and Grandma has to go…

• Like 8

In the Liberty Mutual commercial with the mom and daughter, where the mom doesn’t know how to use her phone’s notes app, does the mom refer to her husband as “Dad” — as in “pick up Dad from the airport,” which is on an actual paper note they the daughter sees and reads?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

In the Liberty Mutual commercial with the mom and daughter, where the mom doesn’t know how to use her phone’s notes app, does the mom refer to her husband as “Dad” — as in “pick up Dad from the airport,” which is on an actual paper note they the daughter sees and reads?

I just looked it up, and the note says Bob.  It's the daughter who translates that to "Dad".  So, thankfully, no, the mom is not referring to her husband as Dad.

(If the note was directed at her daughter, "pick up Dad" rather than "pick up your dad" wouldn't bother me, but since it's to herself, calling her husband Dad would creep me right out.)

• Like 4
(edited)

Between those godamned Charmin bears and the absolutely disgusting Cottonelle “down there” ads, I  am just so over having to hear about and visualize defecting.  It’s a natural bodily function, we all know humans poop.  We have also known for hundreds of years what to do after the pooping.  Most people know they need to perform various acts of personal hygiene.  Deodorant, soap, toilet paper and wipes for “down there” have been available for purchase for decades.

If these companies want to boost sales, then focus on your differentiating features; why should I buy X an over Y?  Softer? Lasts longer? Cheaper? Greener? These things pique my interest as a consumer.  I do not need to image why that guy is “so raw” or gets “swampy” in his crotch.  I don’t need to see a cartoon bear wiggling his cartoon ass to show me there are no cartoon dingleberries hanging off his cartoon fur.  It’s gross and not funny….unless these companies and their ad agencies think their target market is prepubescents with no job and zero discretionary dollars to spend.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh, can you see the note? I couldn’t — or didn’t! 

Only because I looked it up online and paused on that scene -- I wasn't familiar with the commercial, and definitely wouldn't be able to read it during that quick glimpse if casually watching.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I remember my paternal grandparents called each other that. Maybe it's a 1940's thing? 🤔

• Like 7
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Only because I looked it up online and paused on that scene -- I wasn't familiar with the commercial, and definitely wouldn't be able to read it during that quick glimpse if casually watching.

I thank you for your hard work for my edification!

• Like 1

Too many, Golden Corral. Chicken tenders or ribs. Love Mike Lindell, He along with Balance of Nature and even Immuno 150 are totally annoying. Repeated sooo often.

20 hours ago, dleighg said:

oh this one about 'water bloat." The way she pouts about her end of day bloat drives me crazy

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/1fML/diurex-water-bloat-and-jeans-this-morning

That commercial is so dumb. I got to thinking while watching it one day how is that a good thing to take diuretics every day? Aren't you going to get dehydrated and have to drink water and defeat the reason you took a diuretic? Seems like an unhealthy life style 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, tres bien said:

That commercial is so dumb. I got to thinking while watching it one day how is that a good thing to take diuretics every day? Aren't you going to get dehydrated and have to drink water and defeat the reason you took a diuretic? Seems like an unhealthy life style 

My doc prescribed a diuretic for me to take daily - it's for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is down, but since I'm also diabetic, I was pissing like a race horse anyway, so I don't notice any significant difference in that respect. For me, bloat had nothing to do with it, unless you consider my blood vessels were bloated. LOL.

• Like 3
(edited)

Lume commercials have hit a new level with me. Depressing. It makes me sad that Lume is telling women you stink. And it's not just your underarms it's your whole body. So we're not going to build up women's confidence and self respect no we're going to make you feel ashamed and doubt your self worth unless you basically erase any human odor you have.

When will we start seeing Lume toothpaste, mouthwash and hair products 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I am getting really annoyed with the Sleep Number Bed ad with the couple in bed and the wife asks husband "How can you sleep on such a firm bed?" He says "It is almost the same as yours." She says "Almost is another way to say mine is better." (Not exact quotes, but as close as I can remember.)

What a biatch!!          

There is another one when she says her Circadian Rhythm number is better than his. He says it isn't a competition. She says "I know, but I'm winning." he says "So it IS a competition."  Can't stand her superior attitude which makes me really dislike the ad!

I don't know how to embed the ads, sorry... (I guess I am supposed to know who the people are, but I have no clue.)

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 5
25 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

(I guess I am supposed to know who the people are, but I have no clue.)

Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade.

26 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't know how to embed the ads, sorry...

If they're on YouTube, you just paste the URL and this site will automatically embed.  I can only find their ads on iSpot, though, and I don't think there's a way to embed, just link.  Here's the circadian rhythm one.  (I'm too lazy to look for the other one, as the titles are not helpful.)

• Thanks 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Bastet said:

If they're on YouTube, you just paste the URL and this site will automatically embed.  I can only find their ads on iSpot, though, and I don't think there's a way to embed, just link.  Here's the circadian rhythm one.  (I'm too lazy to look for the other one, as the titles are not helpful.)

Thanks!

Still don't know who the people are... clueless old lady here!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Gabrielle Union was a judge on America's Got Talent.  The show let her and Heidi Klum go after they finished the season.  Union accused the show of racism and unsafe work conditions because allegedly Simon Cowell smoked cigarettes in the building.  She sued the show.  Meanwhile Heidi Klum went about her life and was asked to return to the show where she's been back as a judge.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Gabrielle Union has been in several movies, and also starred in a show on BET called "Being Mary Jane."  If you think she's annoying in those commercials, you definitely don't want to watch her in that show, lol.  I liked most of the other characters, but not her.

I hate the way she snaps her head around to look at her husband in those commercials because she looks like a crazy woman.  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Gabrielle Union was a judge on America's Got Talent.  The show let her and Heidi Klum go after they finished the season.  Union accused the show of racism and unsafe work conditions because allegedly Simon Cowell smoked cigarettes in the building.  She sued the show.  Meanwhile Heidi Klum went about her life and was asked to return to the show where she's been back as a judge.

It was Julianna Hough that was a judge when Gabrielle was on and both were let go.  Heidi returned and Sophia Vergara was added.

I can't stand her in those commercials those commercials either.   The old trope of the wife's always right and the husband just has to sit there and be ridiculed as some clueless oaf.  Pass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've always liked Gabrielle Union in the roles I've seen her in (I find her scenes the only watchable part of Bring It On).  And the very little I know about her off camera is of her activism, so I dig her.  But, while I love my Sleep Number mattress -- yeah, those commercials are trite.

• Like 3

I'm not much of a sushi person. I also try not to judge how others enjoy what they eat. However, I can't see how ketchup on sushi could even taste remotely good. The look on the guy's face doesn't convince me that even he likes it much.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Maverick said:

It was Julianna Hough that was a judge when Gabrielle was on and both were let go.  Heidi returned and Sophia Vergara was added.

I can't stand her in those commercials those commercials either.   The old trope of the wife's always right and the husband just has to sit there and be ridiculed as some clueless oaf.  Pass.

You're right, my bad.  I got the blonde judges mixed up.  Thanks.

Anyhow, I never knew what Union and Wade were saying because I always mute the sound when I see her and can't stand her either.

• Like 2
On 7/3/2023 at 8:08 PM, Gramto6 said:

There is another one when she says her Circadian Rhythm number is better than his. He says it isn't a competition. She says "I know, but I'm winning." he says "So it IS a competition."  Can't stand her superior attitude which makes me really dislike the ad!

Oh, I fucking HATE that part of the commercial because yeah, she's an idiot for saying that but too stupid to know better.

On 7/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, Bastet said:

Oh, we were sppsd to recognize them?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 7/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, tres bien said:

Lume commercials have hit a new level with me. Depressing. It makes me sad that Lume is telling women you stink. And it's not just your underarms it's your whole body. So we're not going to build up women's confidence and self respect no we're going to make you feel ashamed and doubt your self worth unless you basically erase any human odor you have.

When will we start seeing Lume toothpaste, mouthwash and hair products 

The ads are targeted ti women as consumers, but many men don't understand the importance of deodorant for themselves. It is unspoken that women may buy Lume, and try to have their men use it. 

It isn't like anyone believes that men stink less than women! 😒

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 7/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, tres bien said:

To be fair, there are areas which produce what I consider unpleasant aromas when I get sweaty in the summer.  I'd considered Lume since I don't think regular deodorants would work, but a friend told me that it gave him a rash, so I've changed my mind.

I don't know whether or not Lume commercials are specifically aimed at women, although I do try to ignore them.  I do know men who've used the product, obviously.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, Bastet said:

She's an actor and he's a retired NBA player.  They're married.

They're annoying.  Especially her.  In fact, almost entirely her in those commercials.  Honestly woman, lack of sleep is a huge problem so stop telling people they need to sleep less and be more productive!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

She does specifically mention underboob.

Ha Ha; and I don't recall her mentioning "between the nuts." But maybe that's to come LOL.

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

She does specifically mention underboob.

Sorry to break it to you, but I've seen men with underboob.

4 hours ago, dleighg said:

Ha Ha; and I don't recall her mentioning "between the nuts." But maybe that's to come LOL.

Please don't give them ideas.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4