Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

Why do all commercials for bladder control products for women have to involve how great people can dance while wearing them? I've seen two different ones today (Tena and Always) that have themes of how great ladies can dance around while wearing them. I don't get it. If I had to wear those, I would be more concerned with making sure the product kept my pants dry and it didn't look like I was wearing a diaper. I don't think "can I dance around while wearing it?" would be on my list of priorities.

• Love 2

This is exactly the one I was talking about. Was that supposed to be sexy or provocative? Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Which begs the question: how did a human man end up with a marionette wife? Were there no female humans interested in him?
  • Love 2

Which begs the question: how did a human man end up with a marionette wife? Were there no female humans interested in him?

Just the yogurt shrews. No shocker that he resorted to dating lumber.

I don't even want to think about the splinters.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 7

Just the yogurt shrews.

Speaking of which:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_IE0W9j84

Everyone else's snacks have to be altered just so these self-centered two don't get tempted. 

I find those Values.com PSAs to be sappy and annoying; especially with the music they play over them.  This one really annoyed me.

If it takes destruction of property for them to communicate, this couple is in trouble.

Edited by InDueTime

I find those Values.com PSAs to be sappy and annoying; especially with the music they play over them. This one really annoyed me.

If it takes destruction of property for them to communicate, this couple is in trouble.

That nauseated me. I'm seriously offended by how maudlin that was. Also, the wife looks a lot like Meadow Soprano.
  • Love 1

"Gwampa, my fwend got spwinters in his uwethwa because he mawwied a mawionette.  I told him he should have gone to eHawmony."

Ouch. And also hee. But mostly ouch.

I find those Values.com PSAs to be sappy and annoying; especially with the music they play over them.  This one really annoyed me.

If it takes destruction of property for them to communicate, this couple is in trouble.

Shame on them for using Faith Hill's music that way. She oughta sue.

I read that as "spinsters".

If you have 'spinsters' in your urethra, you have issues eHarmony can't fix.

• Love 3

I find those Values.com PSAs to be sappy and annoying; especially with the music they play over them.

With all due respect, InDueTime, that Faith Hill song tears me up inside every time I hear it.  I will concede, however, that the song is not really appropriate for that particular PSA.

I read that as "spinsters".

Those are something that city folks just don't get, bilgistic.

• Love 2

This commercial only goes in the "annoy" range, not full-on rage. The new KFC commercial with the kids who are getting all despondent over their parents serving a rotisserie chicken makes no sense to me. They show mom and dad preparing to serve the chicken, then the plethora of rotisserie chicken containers. Oh my goodness! We are depending too highly on serving roasted chicken as our go-to meal! Let's shake things up by buying...a bucket of chicken. 

Full disclosure- I am one of those "oh, I'll just grab a rotisserie chicken and do up some sides" moms. Not every week, but a lot. If left to my own devices, I might end up feeding my kids constant rotation of chicken with mac&cheese/ham steak and pierogies/pasta/quesadillas.

• Love 5

Everyone else's snacks have to be altered just so these self-centered two don't get tempted

OMG, the rage I felt on seeing that yogurt commercial! Those bitches were shrinking everyone elses snacks so they wouldn't be tempted themselves--what gives them the right?? If I want to eat a 1,000 calorie cookie while you sit there with your crappy yogurt, that's my business.

• Love 6

I loathe the "Values.  Pass it On" commercials, and this one is no exception (although I've always liked that song).  I'm not glued to my phone the way he is - in fact, I hardly ever use mine - but if I dropped it in the sink, I'd be pissed.  And if I'd scooped it out quickly, possibly salvaging it, and someone tossed it back in and then prevented me from getting to it?  Hell, no.  This is not the time for her to address their problems, period, and certainly not the way to go about it.  What a stupid ad.  As usual.

• Love 3

This commercial drives me bonkers. First off, who the hell strokes their hairy armpits after putting on deodorant? Secondly, the sound of all those fingers snapping drives me up the wall. 

I also looked at the website for this stuff, and have to wonder why the women's version is shaped like a dildo.

• Love 2

This commercial could go in two places but for me it's this one.  The Jimmy John's commercial with the the mom carrying the screaming baby and then her two hellions running around attacking complete strangers.  Instead of dragging their asses home and grounding them, she get's the brilliant idea Jimmy John's will fix everything.  Because miraclously, screaming baby is quiet and the two hellions are dressed for church.  But even worse the end shows the mom eating the sandwich and one of the hellions eating a huge cookie and the other a bag of chips, baby has somehow disappeared.

How is this supposed to make me buy sandwiches there?  Because there is no way my brats are going to be eating cookies and chips to reward them for there shitty behavior.

Complete fail on Jimmy John's part in my opinion. 

• Love 5

That's Faith Hill singing, so I'll give them a break.  :D

• Love 1

Oy, catheter commercials. The latest I've seen has an old cowboy on it who tells of all the rugged pain he's been through in his cowboy career. He wants no more of it, especially when he has to "catheter" (apparently it is a verb). 

Also, I notice there are many catheter commercials--as well as ones about bathtubs with doors and "I've fallen and can't get up" buttons--on the crime channels! Both ID and CI. Do old people love crime? 

• Love 3

There's a new Trivago ad where the guy actually cleans up (he shaves on screen) and puts on a suit.

I caught that one yesterday.  He's actually kind of nice-looking when he doesn't look like he needs a shower and a shave (and his clothes always looked kind of disheveled.)

Do old people love crime?

Nope. Speaking as a newly old person but not necessarily for all old people, I like seeing bad guys get their asses thoroughly kicked by smarter good guys who like kicking ass. Extra points for the good guys doing it by using much, much more brain power than firepower.

• Love 3

Well, I should have been clearer: do advertisers find that an older demographic enjoys watching true-crime documentary shows?

Yes. We're getting pointers on how to plan the perfect murder. We'll then rise up, kill all the yogurt bitches, whining brats and the lawyers who have those vaginal mesh ads. We'll be able to convince the forensic guys that they all died from moderate to severe [fill in your favorite ailment].

• Love 13

This commercial could go in two places but for me it's this one.  The Jimmy John's commercial with the the mom carrying the screaming baby and then her two hellions running around attacking complete strangers.  Instead of dragging their asses home and grounding them, she get's the brilliant idea Jimmy John's will fix everything.  Because miraclously, screaming baby is quiet and the two hellions are dressed for church.  But even worse the end shows the mom eating the sandwich and one of the hellions eating a huge cookie and the other a bag of chips, baby has somehow disappeared.

How is this supposed to make me buy sandwiches there?  Because there is no way my brats are going to be eating cookies and chips to reward them for there shitty behavior.

Complete fail on Jimmy John's part in my opinion. 

Perhaps the baby is in the sandwich.  Mmmm, fresh baby.  Mom is just happy because she is done with at least one of the hellions.  

• Love 8

Not sure why.  So much to hate in the Progressive "Flo" ads.  But when she is surprising people at the service center I hate that she calls a toddler who looks about two....holding her own baggie of treats; "little tiny baby".  I know it is irrational but it just makes me grit my teeth.  When I'm not yelling at the tv "no you dumb ass, a little tiny baby is swaddled and has to be held a certain way". 

• Love 3

Well, I should have been clearer: do advertisers find that an older demographic enjoys watching true-crime documentary shows?

Well my dad has been watching the same Perry Mason and Ironside shows for the last 20 years. I am now in my fifties. If I make it to my seventies I am pretty sure I will be watching endless reruns of Magnum PI, JAG, and NCIS. God only knows what newly discovered condition I might need relief from. Or what botched procedure and or faulty medical device installed in my body that I need to sue someone over. I am pretty sure my slash robot sex nurse can handle my slips and fall and other more personal needs. That is, if it is not defective, in which case call 1800BADBOTS.

• Love 5

Yes. We're getting pointers on how to plan the perfect murder. We'll then rise up, kill all the yogurt bitches, whining brats and the lawyers who have those vaginal mesh ads. We'll be able to convince the forensic guys that they all died from moderate to severe [fill in your favorite ailment].

Yesssss...unless we run into Joe Kenda, because that man will crack the case and then make witty quips in the retelling.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Perhaps the baby is in the sandwich.  Mmmm, fresh baby.  Mom is just happy because she is done with at least one of the hellions.  

Or someone was enjoying a serving of Little Baby's Ice Cream.  Out of their own skull, of course.

• Love 4

See, I used to think I watched old people TV and that was the reason Alex Trebek was telling me that I can't be turned down for life insurance regardless of my health. But then I watched "The Walking Dead" marathon on AMC last week and was bombarded with commercials about walk-in tubs and what not. So seniors really must love zombies too. ;)

• Love 6

That nauseated me. I'm seriously offended by how maudlin that was. Also, the wife looks a lot like Meadow Soprano.

Uh yeah. I found myself hoping that she was sure this dude wasn't given to uncontrollable fits of rage. I'm pretty mellow but I would be somewhat annoyed at my SO intentionally dropping my phone into dishwater (even tho it's the second dunk).

• Love 1

But then I watched "The Walking Dead" marathon on AMC last week and was bombarded with commercials about walk-in tubs and what not. So seniors really must love zombies too. ;)

If Rick had hacked off your bitten foot, I think you'd appreciate a walk-in tub.

• Love 8

OMG, the rage I felt on seeing that yogurt commercial! Those bitches were shrinking everyone elses snacks so they wouldn't be tempted themselves--what gives them the right?? If I want to eat a 1,000 calorie cookie while you sit there with your crappy yogurt, that's my business.

This one pisses me off so much! How much of an asshole do you have to be to go around ruining everyone else's snacks because of your own misguided ideas about health and nutrition? I got news for you, ladies, those cookies and donuts barely have any more calories than your stupid yogurt anyway.

• Love 6

See, I used to think I watched old people TV and that was the reason Alex Trebek was telling me that I can't be turned down for life insurance regardless of my health. But then I watched "The Walking Dead" marathon on AMC last week and was bombarded with commercials about walk-in tubs and what not. So seniors really must love zombies too. ;)

Maybe they're targeting the zombie demographic. I bet the zombies would bathe more if they had walk-in tubs.

• Love 2

I've seen that one too, bilgistic. Ray Davies must have been dead broke for him to agree to that shite.

That same song was in a Starburst commercial 15ish years ago so I don't really think Ray Davies is that discerning, unfortunately.

(At least, I remember it as a Starburst commercial, and I remember it being that song, but I couldn't find the ad just now, and I have to leave for work and can't look harder.)

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 2