Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

Who seems the most bitter toward the final three?

It wouldn’t be fair for me to taint the viewers outcome with my personal opinion because everyone interprets the comments and actions of the jurors differently. However, I will state that some that I expected to be bitter aren’t and others that I anticipated would be totally objective are very emotionally volatile. Unstable, you could argue.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Maybe I'm just forgetting (this season started a couple of years ago, right?), but I don't recall her being a driving force for the duration of the game. She has stepped up lately, I guess, but I just don't love her passive style. Sure, she's got a good chance to win, but I prefer to watch someone like Dan, Vanessa or Derrick really control the moves of the game from behind the scenes. I mean, even Victoria made F3. And I would have liked to see her a play a season without a showmance and fawning over the bestest guy in the world. Same with Nat...she could have been more interesting without James as a partner.

If Nic wins in her second try, she'll definitely be one of the more forgettable winners to me.

Paul played hard, but is really a jerk (which sucks, because I found him entertaining at times), and James is...James.

But at least we'll quickly move on to another bunch of inevitably disappointing yahoos. And hopefully no more vets unless it's All Stars.

Not many winners have been a driving force.  They are the most fun to watch but not the norm.  If she beats Paul she will be the first woman to beat a man in F2 so probably not forgotten. 

What was the tension like between Da'Vonne, Paulie and Zakiyah after their blow-up the other night?

For legal reasons I am not allowed to comment on this question specifically. I am allowed to state that all precautions were made to ensure the safety of all jury members and everyone ultimately was allowed and encouraged to air their grievances. The show will offer more information during the live finale.

Great interview with Will!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Maybe I'm just forgetting (this season started a couple of years ago, right?), but I don't recall her being a driving force for the duration of the game. She has stepped up lately, I guess, but I just don't love her passive style. Sure, she's got a good chance to win, but I prefer to watch someone like Dan, Vanessa or Derrick really control the moves of the game from behind the scenes. I mean, even Victoria made F3. And I would have liked to see her a play a season without a showmance and fawning over the bestest guy in the world. Same with Nat...she could have been more interesting without James as a partner.

If Nic wins in her second try, she'll definitely be one of the more forgettable winners to me.

Lawd, yes! on the bolded. The 17-month season is really a bad idea. I can barely remember people like Frank who left kind of midway through the game and the beginning seems like a lifetime ago.

As far as Nic's game style vs. Dan/Vanessa/Derrick, I feel like there are few people for whom a D/V/D type game is a realistic possibility for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the composition and prevailing social dynamic of the house. Derrick more or less "ran the table" because he was with a lot of much weaker players who were also very young and impressionable compared to him. Donny wasn't young, dumb, and impressionable and he tried to mobilize some anti-Derrick action, but he was hamstrung by the Team America (or whatever) thing and by not having the charisma/luck to get enough people on his side. Derrick's game would have never worked if Dan or Vanessa (for example) had been in the house with him. He may or may not have been able to adapt to a similarly successful strategy under those circumstances.

Nicole is definitely no BB mastermind, but most players (including winners) aren't and there are some very smart, strategic players who haven't won. There is a huge luck component to BB, so a "bad bounce" can fuck up the most meticulously strategic player's game or give a poor/mediocre player a golden opportunity. I think Nicole has played decently with the resources she has and the way the game has evolved. At this point, it's clear that she has been thinking and making decisions strategically and it's worked out for her thus far. With that said, she certainly isn't a particularly impressive or memorable winner, but, again, most aren't.

• Love 7

Very interesting interview with Dr Will.  

Will Kirby: This is the best, most opinionated, most entertaining jury that I have seen in my four years of participating in the jury debate. They are confused, conflicted and tormented, which is the sign of a good jury. When a juror comes in to this segment with a set opinion it shows lack of intelligence.

A great juror is someone with an open mind because it means that they understand that the show isn’t over and they still have an influence on the outcome. So, to answer the second question, they may reward solid game play but they are bitter too!

This is going to be excellent Jury House footage.  I have been mulling over who would vote for whom and I was pretty confident there for a minute.  HA!  

And we still have NO clue if Nicole and Paul intend to take James or each other!  There is no way to tell by their conversation either.  

I am very interested to watch Dr Will's mediation.  He is good at it.  

ETA.  Which combo would the cause the jurors be the most conflicted?  I am not sure James/either would throw them into as much of a tizzy as Paul and Nicole.  I don't agree with Ian that James is the best choice to sit beside.  

Edited by wings707
28 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Lawd, yes! on the bolded. The 17-month season is really a bad idea. I can barely remember people like Frank who left kind of midway through the game and the beginning seems like a lifetime ago.

As far as Nic's game style vs. Dan/Vanessa/Derrick, I feel like there are few people for whom a D/V/D type game is a realistic possibility for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the composition and prevailing social dynamic of the house. Derrick more or less "ran the table" because he was with a lot of much weaker players who were also very young and impressionable compared to him. Donny wasn't young, dumb, and impressionable and he tried to mobilize some anti-Derrick action, but he was hamstrung by the Team America (or whatever) thing and by not having the charisma/luck to get enough people on his side. Derrick's game would have never worked if Dan or Vanessa (for example) had been in the house with him. He may or may not have been able to adapt to a similarly successful strategy under those circumstances.

Nicole is definitely no BB mastermind, but most players (including winners) aren't and there are some very smart, strategic players who haven't won. There is a huge luck component to BB, so a "bad bounce" can fuck up the most meticulously strategic player's game or give a poor/mediocre player a golden opportunity. I think Nicole has played decently with the resources she has and the way the game has evolved. At this point, it's clear that she has been thinking and making decisions strategically and it's worked out for her thus far. With that said, she certainly isn't a particularly impressive or memorable winner, but, again, most aren't.

I agree with that too. She's had some strategy, I'm just not that impressed. It's her second go-round and she's also playing with HGs who lack knowledge of the game. Which I will never, ever understand...if I lost my damn mind and agreed to go on some reality competition show, I would be researching it for days. I get that happens every season, but she also hasn't been playing with a house full of genius players either. Quite a few had potential (Day, Bridge, Tiffany, Meech) but blew it.

Agree that luck and twists can ruin the hardest played games and adapting is necessary.

Random thought - I kind of miss Jozea.

I'm glad Will is hosting, though sometimes I'd prefer they just let the jury emotions run wild...it's part of the game :)
Ha. Same old Will.

Who do you think is going to win 'Big Brother 18 '?

Well, the conspiracy theorists go bananas when I make a prediction. Example: For Season 14, very early on I predicted that Ian would win, and he did. And so many people complained that the winners was predetermined. I promise, promise,  promise they aren't ... but I really don't want a bunch of nerds click-clacking on their computers and complaining to my Twitter accounts just because my reality acumen is stellar.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Who seems the most bitter toward the final three?

It wouldn’t be fair for me to taint the viewers outcome with my personal opinion because everyone interprets the comments and actions of the jurors differently. However, I will state that some that I expected to be bitter aren’t and others that I anticipated would be totally objective are very emotionally volatile. Unstable, you could argue.

*cough*Meech*cough*

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, me5671 said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  The problem with Nicole, for me, is that she pretty much fell ass-backwards into good strategy.  Very little of what she's done was intentional or for intelligent reasons.  Back when Paulie was around, she showed no indications at all that she was ever going to turn on him.  She seemed to be repeating her big mistake from her prior season and allowing herself to get picked off.  We'll never know for sure, but if not for Natalie and Bridgette flipping the Z votes and getting her and Paulie out, Nicole was likely a goner around final 7/6.   Then, she turned on James and Natalie, not for any strategic reason but because "I want to lose to people I like".  That's not strategy... that's ass-hat-ery.  That's no way to play the game.  And now, she's shit-talking James and saying he acted like this was a dating show.  Pot, meet kettle.  My thoughts above can be summarized in three simple words: Fuck you, Nicole!  

Heh, if you don't count trash talking everyone behind their backs, stabbing James and Natalie in their backs, stabbing Victor and Paul in their backs, and pretending you're just America's most innocent sweetheart ever.

How do we know what she has done was intentional or not? How do we know that she wouldn't of turned on Paulie? To be fair she was in a good position with Paulie & Corey until Paulie's big mouth got in his way.  It's not a bad strategy to align yourself with stronger players who can win comps and protect you and then turn it up in the middle/end. I've heard plenty of people say to basically sleep half of the season and play dead because then you are looked at as weak. Godfrey did that in BBCAN3.  Or is it just because it's Nicole so therefore her strategy is ridiculous? 

We don't know what she's been saying in the DR, or what she hasn't been saying (She played with Derrick, she knows that he didn't tell them his plans). 

She turned on James & Natalie because they turned on her first. Why should she trust anything that they have to say after that? I wouldn't of. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

Queso is the Spanish word for cheese, James.  Come on, be a good Texan and get that straight (we know that in New England, too).  It is not a special cheese.  He was about to make cheese sauce with Vanilla Almond milk until Paul freaked out and insisted he use whole milk!   And now he had it on too high even though Paul warned him and ruined it.  Stay out of the kitchen James.  He used all the cheese.  Paul's face is hysterical.  He is ready to strangle him.  I am, too.  

1 minute ago, bbaddict said:

Do you think Julie's interview will affect the voting for AFP? She says Victor deserves it and I am not sure that is fair to the other houseguests to voice that opinion. What do you think?

No.  People will vote for their favorite regardless of her opinion.  I happen to agree with her as do many, I have been voting for him.  I can hear it now!  Julie influenced the voting!   Oh the horror!  String her up!  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

How do we know what she has done was intentional or not? How do we know that she wouldn't of turned on Paulie? To be fair she was in a good position with Paulie & Corey until Paulie's big mouth got in his way.  It's not a bad strategy to align yourself with stronger players who can win comps and protect you and then turn it up in the middle/end. I've heard plenty of people say to basically sleep half of the season and play dead because then you are looked at as weak. Godfrey did that in BBCAN3.  Or is it just because it's Nicole so therefore her strategy is ridiculous? 

We don't know what she's been saying in the DR, or what she hasn't been saying (She played with Derrick, she knows that he didn't tell them his plans). 

She turned on James & Natalie because they turned on her first. Why should she trust anything that they have to say after that? I wouldn't of. 

I wish I could like this more than once!  I agree with your entire post. 

Well, the conspiracy theorists go bananas when I make a prediction. Example: For Season 14, very early on I predicted that Ian would win, and he did. And so many people complained that the winners was predetermined. I promise, promise,  promise they aren't ... but I really don't want a bunch of nerds click-clacking on their computers and complaining to my Twitter accounts just because my reality acumen is stellar.

Lord I can not stand him. And speaking of Will, he was slut shaming his own nieces on instagram the other day. He is such an asshole. I will forever be salty that the BB fans act like he's some kind of God.

If Nicole would own up to anything she's done then people probably wouldn't feel the need to say "Fuck you, Nicole!" all the time. But she never, ever will. She will continue to act like she's just a sweet, wholesome, innocent little farm girl her entire life. Not a genuine bone in that girl's body.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, J.D. said:

Truce on the child support thing.  I didn't mean to start a fight.  Everything I've read was that he was thousands of dollars behind.  If you all say he's not, I believe you. 

No worries, no fight started as far as I'm concerned. A lot of folks dislike James because of his gameplay (or lack of), which is perfectly fine. I like him, but I would like to slap him upside the head sometimes for some of the things he's done (or NOT done)!  It just seems unfair to me for people to beat him with the 'deadbeat dad' stick just because they don't like his gameplay (not by you, and not on this forum, I hasten to add, but I've seen it elsewhere)

Nicole, on the other hand, can go fuck herself!

5 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

I haven't seen the feeds today but someone on jokers posted that Nicole was alone and said she was sick of James intimidating her.

James? Did I miss something?

Seems to me like Nicole is building up "the reason" in her head to not take James to F2. Its something Vanessa used a lot last year when she wanted someone evicted - "he/she did this to me, or he/she lied to me in some fashion, or he/she said this thing that one time that makes me not trust them forever, therefore my dislike of them is fully justified and they deserve to leave the house"

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 4

Yeah, I guess she is planning to blank him over. 

Thr girl is nuts, just two days ago she was saying he was one of the best guys she ever met. Now he is a horrible  scary intimidating human being.

Honestly, I saw James try to comfort her about Corey yesterday because she was so sad. She bit his head off and then started on an hour long bash James session with Paul. She wanted Paul to comfort over the horrible thing James did to Corey. To Paul? The guy who told James to vote Cory out?

thr bizarre thing is she is livid he voted Corey out. I guess she rather he vote her out.

all because she thinks he threw a comp that he just plain lost?

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Queso is the Spanish word for cheese, James.  Come on, be a good Texan and get that straight (we know that in New England, too).  It is not a special cheese.  He was about to make cheese sauce with Vanilla Almond milk until Paul freaked out and insisted he use whole milk!   And now he had it on too high even though Paul warned him and ruined it.  Stay out of the kitchen James.  He used all the cheese.  Paul's face is hysterical.  He is ready to strangle him.  I am, too.  

No.  People will vote for their favorite regardless of her opinion.  I happen to agree with her as do many, I have been voting for him.  I can hear it now!  Julie influenced the voting!   Oh the horror!  String her up!  

I won't say that. I was just asking what people thought. Thanks for your reply.

3 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Thr girl is nuts, just two days ago she was saying he was one of the best guys she ever met. Now he is a horrible  scary intimidating human being.

Honestly, I saw James try to comfort her about Corey because she was so sad. She bit his head off and then started on an hour long bash James session with Paul.

Like I said before I have lost ALL respect for her. Just so everyone is clear that is just me. Your feelings about her are yours. That is just my opinion.

• Love 3

I was volunteering today at the animal shelter, as I do every Friday, and I suddenly realized Natalie's voice was coming from my mouth.  It's a high pitched voice I thought only dogs could appreciate, and I almost said, "Jaaaaaames".  It's kind of funny because I don't use that voice on my own pets.

I was just watching 60 Days In, and one of the female prisoners just said, "I'm feeling some sort of way".

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Honestly, I saw James try to comfort her about Corey yesterday because she was so sad. She bit his head off and then started on an hour long bash James session with Paul. She wanted Paul to comfort over the horrible thing James did to Corey. To Paul? The guy who told James to vote Cory out?

thr bizarre thing is she is livid he voted Corey out. I guess she rather he vote her out.

I hope she takes Paul and loses her ass. 50k is nothing to sneeze at but she may have given away 450k because of her thinking.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

You can never know with 100% certainty what goes on in a person's head.  However, her actions and her words for the first 50+ days in the house (up until Paulie was evicted) gave NO indication that she had any plans on ever turning on Paulie.  That, to me, is very strong evidence that she wouldn't have turned on him.  From what I saw, in all that time, she never once said or did anything on the live feeds that she was even considering dumping him.  She didn't say anything when she was alone... she didn't even say anything about it to her one true ally, Corey.  It's possible, but I find it very unlikely in all that time that she never once would have mentioned it out loud.  It also happens to be consistent with her big mistake from her original season... she was poised to make that same mistake again in this one.    

Sure, she was in a good position to get to F6/7 if she stayed put.  But we all know from what we saw in the feeds that if Paulie stayed in power and kept on getting his way all the time, the guy's brolliance was rolling to Final 5.   Z was going to be dragged to at least Final 6.  Nicole and the other remaining girls were going to be picked off one by one.  If she stayed the course (and her words and actions up until Paulie was picked off strongly indicate that that was her plan), the only way Nicole could progress past Final 6 would be to win comps every week until the finale.  That's a poor strategy IMO.

I don't even know what you are getting at with "just because it's Nicole so therefore her strategy is ridiculous".  I have given plenty of examples and reasons for why I don't think there was much intentional strategy here from Nicole up until the last week or two.

James and Natalie never turned on her.  In Natalie's HOH week, which was the one right before Nicole's, Natalie kept Nicole off the block.  Natalie didn't put Corey up on the block either until Paul won the veto and Natalie had no other option as replacement nom besides James.  James then voted to evict Vic over Corey.  How is ANY of that turning on Nicole?  How does that NOT demonstrate trust-worthiness?  

You also are ignoring that Nicole stated, several times, that she was choosing P/V over J/N because she wants to lose to people she likes.  Those words came straight out of her mouth and provide the BEST evidence for being skeptical of Nicole's strategic prowess.  YMMV.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

*cough*Meech*cough*

I'm guessing Day. She's the one who keeps saying this is just a game and when it's over, it's over. But surprisingly,  she seems the most emotional one out of all of them. I'm guessing the one they expected to be bitter is Paulie or Michelle. 

Interesting conversation between James and Paul about the night Z got evicted. According to them Paulie went off and was ready to fight James. So I'm think that if Paulie is still bitter about James  "betraying him", he will most likely vote for whoever go against James.

Base on game, Paul should win if against Nicole or James. 

• Love 2

If I was James I would tell Nicole that if you win round 3 take whoever you think gets you the win and leave her alone. I would tell Paul the same exact thing but separately. Than leave him alone. Let Paul and Nicole tell each other what he said and let Paul drive Nicole crazy which I believe he will because he can't shut up. That I believe would actually help James to get to final 2. At this point he has nothing to loose anyway and I really doubt that he can win round 2 unless BB does something like Jordan's round 2 rolling a ball in a whole. I assume James knows who won all the HOHs (ASSUME) so he can actually be competitive in that type of competition. If it is anything mental (Puzzle, timeline) he is toast. Just an idea.

Just now, SevenStars said:

Interesting conversation between James and Paul about the night Z got evicted. According to them Paulie went off and was ready to fight James. So I'm think that if Paulie is still bitter about James  "betraying him", he will most likely vote for whoever go against James.

I remember that - it was just before live eviction so not on the feeds, but they were saying that Paulie was acting like a maniac and trying to force his way into the London room to confront James.

5 minutes ago, me5671 said:

You can never know with 100% certainty what goes on in a person's head.  However, her actions and her words for the first 50+ days in the house (up until Paulie was evicted) gave NO indication that she had any plans on ever turning on Paulie.  That, to me, is very strong evidence that she wouldn't have turned on him.  From what I saw, in all that time, she never once said or did anything on the live feeds that she was even considering dumping him.  She didn't say anything when she was alone... she didn't even say anything about it to her one true ally, Corey.  It's possible, but I find it very unlikely in all that time that she never once would have mentioned it out loud.  It also happens to be consistent with her big mistake from her original season... she was poised to make that same mistake again in this one.    

Sure, she was in a good position to get to F6/7 if she stayed put.  But we all know from what we saw in the feeds that if Paulie stayed in power and kept on getting his way all the time, the guy's brolliance was rolling to Final 5.   Z was going to be dragged to at least Final 6.  Nicole and the other remaining girls were going to be picked off one by one.  If she stayed the course (and her words and actions up until Paulie was picked off strongly indicate that that was her plan), the only way Nicole could progress past Final 6 would be to win comps every week until the finale.  That's a poor strategy IMO.

I don't even know what you are getting at with "just because it's Nicole so therefore her strategy is ridiculous".  I have given plenty of examples and reasons for why I don't think there was much intentional strategy here from Nicole up until the last week or two.

James and Natalie never turned on her.  In Natalie's HOH week, which was the one right before Nicole's, Natalie kept Nicole off the block.  Natalie didn't put Corey up on the block either until Paul won the veto and Natalie had no other option as replacement nom besides James.  James then voted to evict Vic over Corey.  How is ANY of that turning on Nicole?  How does that NOT demonstrate trust-worthiness?  

You also are ignoring that Nicole stated, several times, that she was choosing P/V over J/N because she wants to lose to people she likes.  Those words came straight out of her mouth and provide the BEST evidence for being skeptical of Nicole's strategic prowess.  YMMV.

I am glad someone else is stating from the feeds what happened. You cannot argue facts but people do. You are absolutely correct they did not backstab Corey and Nicole. What pissed Nicole off was when she was in the bathroom she heard James say "Natalie wanted to keep Victor" when he was talking to Paul at the kitchen table. That I believe was the moment Nicole decided to not work with Natalie at all. We can go back and forth on stuff till we are blue in the face. If Victor did not come back from the jury buyback this whole game could have been different. I do love when people state facts so thank you for that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I remember that - it was just before live eviction so not on the feeds, but they were saying that Paulie was acting like a maniac and trying to force his way into the London room to confront James.

I thought he went into the London room after Michelle and Paulie was furious with James when James told them that they were getting Zakiya out. I may be mistaken on this. I just remember them talking about they thought Paulie was going to break down the London room door.

21 hours ago, Cutty said:

Nicole: "It was a dating show for James, always chasing her around. I think Victoria played a better game" 

Nicole has a lot of nerve. She spent the first 70 days giving Corey handjobs in bed.

What did she do after Day 70?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, me5671 said:

James was in an alliance with Paulie & Corey and by extension Nicole. They ALL trusted him he then flipped on them to get out Z and then made an alliance with Victor & Paul to get Paulie & the two of them out. 

Why should Nicole or Corey really trust James and by extension Natalie regarding anything they are saying. They mentioned this a few times over the past few weeks saying they are keeping him in because they know he will probably work with them over Paul or Victor but we still are unsure about him because he flipped on us during the Zakiyah and Paulie week when we thought he was with us and made us possibly vulnerable. 

If James & Natalie decided to trust them after that, then that is all on them. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, me5671 said:

You know I was thinking about it and I actually think if James gets to the end he can beat Paul

Here's why?

I really believe that nat and Meech will both vote for James. Meech and nat are super tight, she likes him, he helped vote out zak which saved her and she had a bad relationship with Paul when she left.

then there is Paulie and Zak who are basically one vote. I think Paulie respected James fir having the guts to stand up to him and tell him he was evicting z. He basically took all the Paulie hate while Paul pretended to still be on Paulies side up to the end. You just know Meech and nat have filled him in by now.

paulie is all about the bro code and manning up for your moves. James did that while Paul hid in the shadows. I think that's why he omitted Paul when he was talking in the jury segment about everyone's game.

that makes 4 votes. All he needs is one of day, Bridgette, Corey or Nicole. I think he can get one of them. Bridgette said in the jury house she was pulling for James and day also likes him.  Certainly a possibility that I never really considered till now

i still don't think he beats Nicole in any way.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

I won't say that. I was just asking what people thought. Thanks for your reply.

I understood that you merely posed the question.  But you know people will say that! :^)

Just catching up after a few days away.  This forum has taken a weird turn.  Still love reading you guys - I do...just an interesting few pages, I must say.   This season has just been too damn long.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, lyric said:

This season has just been too damn long.

It really has. This is not a game that should last for 99 damn days! It became tedious like at least 20 days ago. I'm glad OTT is going to be shorter. I think that alone will be a major improvement over the last few seasons.

• Love 2

I don't think anyone has mentioned this (I could be wrong) but that last Veto comp that Paul won was supposed to be won by Corey. Here's why I think this. Corey had the perfect stride distance to round the bases with no wasted effort. Paul had to take a bit of a hop step and Nicole almost had to take an extra step. This allowed Corey to quickly get to the number he needed. He also 'conveniently' knew the correct numbers for someone seemingly so dense. But I digress. If he had only focused on that last one and not gone over his target number he would have won and we'd be looking at a James eviction. At that point it most likely would have been a final 2 of  Nicorey, something I believe Production was pushing for. Anybody agree?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

It may vary from state to state but, in general, legally the two have nothing to do with each other.  A lot of Moms have gotten into hot water trying to limit visitations when there has been past due child support. 

8 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

It also depends on whether there is court ordered visitation.  But, true that if court ordered visitation can't be withheld because of lack of support.  If there is no court order, and visitation is withheld, the only recourse is to get an order. 

You can absolutely withhold visitation IF there is no court ordered agreement - what is the nom custodial parent going to do? Take them to court? Then the judge is going to tell them to start paying or else. and if there is an agreement then the person not paying child support is SOL anyways and they can even go to jail for non payment  

6 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Supposedly he was all caught up on child support thanks to his afp win.

i also don't understand why people call him a deadbeat dad because he moved to Texas.

as long as he is keeping up with child support it should be fine. He moved to be closer to his manager who is derricks dad. A lot of parents move away for a job.

and he must do ok as a dad if his ex is trying to talk him into adopting her older son Landon. She felt he needed a stable father in his life and it was hard on him that Bailey had James and he had no one. I heard him talking briefly to nat about it earlier this year. How it was hard because Landon was a great kid and considers him dad cause his own dad has nothing to do with him. But it was hard supporting Bailey, if he adopted Landon he would have to pay child support for him as well. It seems he really likes the kid though cause he said he wanted to take both of them to Disney world after the show.

personally I wish he got some help with his learning disabilities and memory issues once he gets out of the house. I am pretty sure that he was throwing comps up till the egg comp. I think he only tried in the wall comps and the comp he finished second to Vic and got money. He didn't need to throw the mental comps cause of his issues.

James lived in Texas before he knew derricks dad  

he lived in Texas before coming on BB

it would be nice if he became a father figure to the other kid but I hope he never adopts him as his own  

he doesn't need the responsibility of paying for two kids    

I once knew a guy that married a girl with 3 kids.  She conned him into adopting Those kids and the minute it was finalized she divorced him so then he was on the hook for child support for 3 kids  

32 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this (I could be wrong) but that last Veto comp that Paul won was supposed to be won by Corey. Here's why I think this. Corey had the perfect stride distance to round the bases with no wasted effort. Paul had to take a bit of a hop step and Nicole almost had to take an extra step. This allowed Corey to quickly get to the number he needed. He also 'conveniently' knew the correct numbers for someone seemingly so dense. But I digress. If he had only focused on that last one and not gone over his target number he would have won and we'd be looking at a James eviction. At that point it most likely would have been a final 2 of  Nicorey, something I believe Production was pushing for. Anybody agree?

I disagree. There is no way to make a competition  completely fair to all. There is always going to be someone that has a slight advantage. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I had certainly thought that the comp was tailor made for Corey with his long legs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

These comps are all designed and set as to which weeks they will be used prior to the season even starting. So they wouldn't of known who would of ended up in F4. 

6 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Granted it has been some time since I watched BBCAN3 but Godfrey did end up losing big time.  Wasn't the reason why he lost because people saw what Sarah did and people did not respect Godfrey's game because it looked like he did nothing to earn his spot.

In regards to the Julie interview, I never read any interview with her prior to that where she talked so much smack.  I love it.

It brought a smile to my face when she basically said she was not fond of Maggie winning.  Also, her saying Corey was nothing but a good looking lug was funny. 

11 hours ago, Sara2009 said:

I'm just not sure about them being friends either. James trashed Meg after last season, and they were never even in a relationship. I can only imagine what he'll do to Natalie if she decides she doesn't want to date him. I don't think James is a bad person, but he clearly has a lot of emotional issues. I feel bad for him because I know a lot of that is because he had a rough childhood, but a woman can't fix those issues for him.

I agree with everything you said.  He is 6 years older than her and has done nothing with his life but piss and moan.  Meg did not deserve what he did to her and I wouldn't wish it on Nat either.  He will never be in a solid relationship until he fixes his own demons.  This season of BB really brought out the worst in James.  Does not look good.

9 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

It also depends on whether there is court ordered visitation.  But, true that if court ordered visitation can't be withheld because of lack of support.  If there is no court order, and visitation is withheld, the only recourse is to get an order. 

I was going to say that very thing.  Him moving away from his daughter says quite a bit about him.

36 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

These comps are all designed and set as to which weeks they will be used prior to the season even starting. So they wouldn't of known who would of ended up in F4. 

You know BB is a reality show and not a game show right?  There is so much intervention with the DR it isn't funny.

• Love 4

So no second HOH today? Oh, well.

I performed an analytical analysis (that just sounds wrong, but I don't know how else to put it) in who I want to win. I basically have two factors in determining my preference (and y'all, my preference is totally the ants, but I have to try to care):

1: gameplay, no emotions attached. Paul wins this easily, with Nicole second and James a very distant third. Paul was actually impressive with his gameplay - AFTER week 2. He adapted, he figured things out, and he's won the comps he's needed to win. I've already explained how I thought Nicole played the game from the beginning, so I won't repeat myself. James? Just wants to be AFP. I've seen no real gameplay at all from him.

2: who I like. All about the emotions. James wins this hands down, Nicole is second, and Paul is a very distant third. Paul relished in smacking people when he felt they were down. That Brigette conversation will never sit right for me. That man constantly tried to go after people, he lived for it. It was personal (or him playing to the cameras, which is even worse), it had nothing to do with game, and I will never like him because of that. Nicole was bitchy, but she hates confrontation, so it was more behind the scenes. James kind of likes everyone, and has no desire to be anyone other than the AFP James. While I hate that as strategy, it does make me like him. I think he's been pretty damn nice.

So based on that math, I have to root for Nicole. Do I think she will win? HEEELLLL no. But she's who I am rooting for, for better or worse.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think TPTB absolutely make/adjust comps based on who they'd like to win. (Jordan-Rachel re-duo, anyone?) From watching the t.v. edit along with Corey's Chenterview, though, I actually suspect Corey threw that veto in the possible hope that Nicole would go. Because Paul won, James was the only vote, and I think Corey believed they were tight, moreso than James with Nicole. He told Julie he was not expecting to be voted out (whereas most evictees claim they knew,. or had a feeling), and I think there might be some truth to that. (Granted, watching video of Corey and looking for genuine intelligence behind those eyes is like watching the Zapruder film for evidence of a gunman on the grassy knoll.) He had those dates down - not totally unexpected given how much they study - and I can't believe he just didn't keep track of the final and MOST IMPORTANT round as he ran. I mean, every lap was 10 points, and he was off significantly, if I recall. I think our resident Frankenstein was looking to go solo with absolutely no Blood on His Hands. Or is that giving him too much credit?

• Love 5

Nicole, no surprise, won Part 2.

Paul and Nicole both seem sincere about taking each other to F2. But I could be wrong.

Paul told Nicole he saw James fall off in Part 1, and that James didn't throw it.  They both agree James really tried in Part 2, but Nicole still smoked him.

Edited by LordBowen
5 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

So no second HOH today? Oh, well.

I performed an analytical analysis (that just sounds wrong, but I don't know how else to put it) in who I want to win. I basically have two factors in determining my preference (and y'all, my preference is totally the ants, but I have to try to care):

1: gameplay, no emotions attached. Paul wins this easily, with Nicole second and James a very distant third. Paul was actually impressive with his gameplay - AFTER week 2. He adapted, he figured things out, and he's won the comps he's needed to win. I've already explained how I thought Nicole played the game from the beginning, so I won't repeat myself. James? Just wants to be AFP. I've seen no real gameplay at all from him.

2: who I like. All about the emotions. James wins this hands down, Nicole is second, and Paul is a very distant third. Paul relished in smacking people when he felt they were down. That Brigette conversation will never sit right for me. That man constantly tried to go after people, he lived for it. It was personal (or him playing to the cameras, which is even worse), it had nothing to do with game, and I will never like him because of that. Nicole was bitchy, but she hates confrontation, so it was more behind the scenes. James kind of likes everyone, and has no desire to be anyone other than the AFP James. While I hate that as strategy, it does make me like him. I think he's been pretty damn nice.

So based on that math, I have to root for Nicole. Do I think she will win? HEEELLLL no. But she's who I am rooting for, for better or worse.

I did the same analysis:

Strong gameplay/Limited emotion:  Paul wins.  People fault Paul for aligning with Jozea, but they seem to forget that Paul said he misunderstood the rules and he thought they were supposed to play as teams, not just play when they're in comps.  Rookie mistake, true.  And if Paul had been more of a fan outside of the show and done his homework, he would have known that so I can't 'forgive' him too much.  Still, he said he thought he was supposed to align with his team until BB told them otherwise, and since he saw Day and Zak hanging together (his other 2 teammates) he felt it was up to him to pull Jozea into the fold.  If Jozea and Paul not been on the same team, I don't believe he would have aligned with him.  They are worlds apart in personality.  Nevertheless, staying loyal to your team is a sign of good gameplay, so I do have to give Paul credit for staying loyal ... in spite of his rookie mistake.

Paris.  I said it before.  Paul rocked that twist.  Nat, Bridgette and Frank were the only other HG's trying to figuring it out, but Paul managed to solve it sooner.    

Paul/Victor hate-fest.  To me, Paul coming up with the plan to turn on Victor and Victor vice-versa is what saved both of them from being eliminated sooner.  Corey and Nicole were desperate for a lifeline so when Paul started hanging out with them and ignoring Victor, they snatched him up real fast.  Nat/Meech/James weren't as desperate because their 3 person alliance against Corey and Nicole's 2 person alliance held the power.  But as soon as James started noticing Paul attached to Corey/Nicole (a strategic move Paul orchestrated for the very purpose of being seen) James did exactly what Paul hoped he would do.  He ran right back to Nat and Meech and reported everything he saw: "Paul sure is cozying up to Corey and Nicole," "Every time I walk past them, Paul's laughing like they have all kinds of inside jokes."  Paul knew Natalie would be smart enough to figure out what he was doing so he preyed on James being a witness to his sudden Corey/Nicole love fest.  James reported back to Nat and Meech about Paul's new found friendship, Victor (pretending to now hate Paul) fake-confirmed that he had noticed that too.  He punctuated what a rat Paul had been and how he should never have trusted him.  The seed was planted.  James/Nat/Meech snatched up Victor just like Paul predicted.  That was brilliant, IMO, because that's the move that saved Paul and Victor's game.  To me, that was right up there with Dan Gheesling's funeral speech.

Strong emotion/Limited gameplay:  This one's a little tougher.  To me, Nicole and James played about the same until the last few weeks when Nicole sprung out of her Toyko bed cocoon. At that point Nicole had better gameplay than James but they're about equal on emotions (just a different type of emotion which I'll get to in a minute).  That said, I still have to pick James to win because most of Nicole's emotions were about herself....her wants....her needs....her crying about not wanting to go up on the block...and so forth.  Most of James' emotions were about Natalie.  James gave up his whole game, to protect Natalie.  To me, the glaring difference between Corey/Nicole's relationship and James/Natalie's relationship is that for Nicole it seems mostly physical.  She's constantly talking about how "handsome" Corey is, how "sexy" Corey is.... yadda, yadda, yadda.  James, on the other hand, cares for Natalie from his heart.   The only thing I really fault him for regarding Natalie, is him not telling her she was going home. Maybe he just couldn't bring himself to tell her.  Maybe he was afraid it was going to make her sad and cause her to sleep all day when he wanted to treasure and make the most of their last few days together, in good spirits.  But still, she was his ride or die.  She asked him to let her know and he didn't.  That bothered me.  If I had to pick a winner based on emotion, I would have to pick James.  Nicole cried more during the season, but James' emotion came deeper from the heart.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I agree with everything you said.  He is 6 years older than her and has done nothing with his life but piss and moan.  Meg did not deserve what he did to her and I wouldn't wish it on Nat either.  He will never be in a solid relationship until he fixes his own demons.  This season of BB really brought out the worst in James.  Does not look good.

I was going to say that very thing.  Him moving away from his daughter says quite a bit about him.

You know BB is a reality show and not a game show right?  There is so much intervention with the DR it isn't funny.

He's been in the military and he's worked in a prison/jail. Both of which are not easy.  But he's pissed and moaned his way through life? Ok........

And before he came on this season he had a nice stable office job. 

• Love 2

So, James fate is in Paul & Nicole's hands. They both seemed really annoyed that James is in the Final 3 & give the impression that they are taking each other to the final. James looks so pathetic these past few days and this is someone who has played before. He's playing like a newbe and I think he thought the outcome would be different . He is not very self aware and he also only had one thought on his mind and it was Natalie. Now, he's hoping for AFP which I don't think he'll get. Man! I almost feel sorry for James.........almost.

Him moving away from his daughter says quite a bit about him.

What does it say?  That he might not have been able to find work where she lived, and moved to a place where he could earn the child support money he needed to provide? We've been in a serious recession for most of that child's life; jobs weren't easy to find.  Or maybe the baby-mama couldn't or wouldn't move with him?  Or any other possibility.  I seriously doubt that he chose the town he lives in because it's a lush resort area, or is such a slamming party town; it's just not that big.  Until I know the actual circumstances, I can't judge him for making the move. He obviously stays in touch and visits, even to the point of hoping to take both children to Disney World with any BB money he gets.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, gunderda said:

He's been in the military and he's worked in a prison/jail. Both of which are not easy.  But he's pissed and moaned his way through life? Ok........

And before he came on this season he had a nice stable office job. 

"Useless excuse for a human being and a deadbeat dad who would sell his child to a Chinese sweatshop if he could", I think you meant to write...

• Love 2