Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Very funny.  James and Nat were talking and she told him she had dated black, Hispanic, white and Indian men but never an Asian.  James replied, "Am in on your bucket list?"    :>D

I remember that! That was funny!

James was talking to Paul last night about his relationship with his daughter's mother and how the whole situation came about - it was a very interesting conversation.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I remember that! That was funny!

James was talking to Paul last night about his relationship with his daughter's mother and how the whole situation came about - it was a very interesting conversation.

Can you expand?

Just now, bbaddict said:

Can you expand?

As much as I can remember, he basically said that they were pretty good friends who used to run with the same crowds back home, then apparently one night she pretty much said something like "I'm staying with you tonight" Cut to a few weeks later and she posted on the FB page that she was going to see the doctor so find out if she was pregnant, then later that she was. James thought at this point that he might very well be the father, so he spoke to her but she said no, it's definitely not you. The next he knew about it was 8 and a half months later when the baby was born. Whatever problems he might have had with Breeana (?) in the past seem to have been cleared up and they are apparently good friends.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AbsoluteShower said:

As much as I can remember, he basically said that they were pretty good friends who used to run with the same crowds back home, then apparently one night she pretty much said something like "I'm staying with you tonight" Cut to a few weeks later and she posted on the FB page that she was going to see the doctor so find out if she was pregnant, then later that she was. James thought at this point that he might very well be the father, so he spoke to her but she said no, it's definitely not you. The next he knew about it was 8 and a half months later when the baby was born. Whatever problems he might have had with Breeana (?) in the past seem to have been cleared up and they are apparently good friends.

Thanks for the info.

15 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I remember that conversation and laughed my ass off.

Also remember. She said she would be happy in a little house and a plastic ring. She does not SEEM very materialistic by what she says in the house.

She ended up being completely opposite of what I assumed when she came into the house.  I thought she was pretty high maintenance and materialistic when it turns out she just knows how to get really good deals and knows a lot of dupes for expensive brands.  Appearance wise she is pretty high maintenance but she's been a NFL cheerleader and don't a beauty pagent so that kinda comes with the territory. 

7 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Can you expand?

One night stand.  He saw on facebook later that she was going to the doctor, she apparently posted on facebook that she was pregnant.  He asked if it was his.  She said no. Always said no, not his - she was off and on with a boyfriend at the time.  After she had the baby he woke up one morning to a million texts and voice messages. Cuz surprise! Baby came out asian. And he hasn't signed the birth certificate but he did have the paternity test done.

• Love 2
Just now, gunderda said:

She ended up being completely opposite of what I assumed when she came into the house.  I thought she was pretty high maintenance and materialistic when it turns out she just knows how to get really good deals and knows a lot of dupes for expensive brands.  Appearance wise she is pretty high maintenance but she's been a NFL cheerleader and don't a beauty pagent so that kinda comes with the territory. 

One night stand.  He saw on facebook later that she was going to the doctor, she apparently posted on facebook that she was pregnant.  He asked if it was his.  She said no. Always said no, not his - she was off and on with a boyfriend at the time.  After she had the baby he woke up one morning to a million texts and voice messages. Cuz surprise! Baby came out asian. And he hasn't signed the birth certificate but he did have the paternity test done.

Part 1: She has an image she wants to uphold. That is why she was always complaining about weight gain and feeling ugly. I think that is more of an exterior thing than an internal thing. I personally think her real beauty is really on the inside even more than the outside. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I'm actually quite surprised that with all the boning Paul has done (he bones a LOT, apparently) there aren't a couple of little mini-Pauls running around LA. Or Berlin.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Part 1: She has an image she wants to uphold. That is why she was always complaining about weight gain and feeling ugly. I think that is more of an exterior thing than an internal thing. I personally think her real beauty is really on the inside even more than the outside. Just my opinion.

I think that's also due to the beauty pagent and cheerleading.  Especially being a cheerleader I think they have strict appearance policies they have to abide by and be 'on' all the time.  I hate it when girls/women feel that way.   It's much more fun to enjoy your food lol 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

That's easy.  Wear a condom.

Let me introduce you to my son, whom I love more than anything in the world & can't imagine or remember life without or before him, but he was most definitely conceived while we were strictly a condom-couple. These things happen...not to us anymore, though, took care of that! :-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I'm actually quite surprised that with all the boning Paul has done (he bones a LOT, apparently) there aren't a couple of little mini-Pauls running around LA. Or Berlin.

3 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Let me introduce you to my son, whom I love more than anything in the world & can't imagine or remember life without or before him, but he was most definitely conceived while we were strictly a condom-couple. These things happen...not to us anymore, though, took care of that! :-)

Just to be clear, I was just making a humorous reference to Paul's incessant references to boning, or variants thereof...

• Love 2
Just now, AbsoluteShower said:

Just to be clear, I was just making a humorous reference to Paul's incessant references to boning, or variants thereof...

I was totally joking, hope that didn't come across as offensive. We were speechless, literally, but it does happen occasionally. Although, I'm sure God thought one Paul in this world was enough until he grows up, so maybe that's why they were effective for him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

OMG - now I've got to go bleach my brain.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, parisprincess said:

I just can't get on board with the Nat and James lovefest. Someone needs to tell Nat the meaning of soulmate. That term is usually used when talking about someone you're madly in love with. Nat hasn't indicated that she's IN love with him. Saying "Love you James" is the same as me saying "love you" to my sister, best friend, etc.  

When you're confined to a small space with others for a prolonged time, you do form bonds, but then you go back to real life and things change. I just can't see Natalie wanting any more than a friendship with James because, to be honest, he doesn't seem to have much ambition and is happy to be a D list celeb, hanging out in bars for free drinks. Being a cheerleader, Nat has hung around guys who are more sophisticated, better educated and have so much more to offer than James. Nope, I don't see them happening.

I  wouldn't  take  the "soulmate" thing too seriously.  Nat's no dummy She's still playing the game.  She's going for AFP.  

James is moping around the house so much I almost feel bad thinking how heartbroken hes going to be after all of this is  over. 

He may not win but he's almost sure to get 2nd place.  It's too bad he won't be able to enjoy much of his winnings after social services takes what they can for back child support.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I  wouldn't  take  the "soulmate" thing too seriously.  Nat's no dummy She's still playing the game.  She's going for AFP.  

James is moping around the house so much I almost feel bad thinking how heartbroken hes going to be after all of this is  over. 

He may not win but he's almost sure to get 2nd place.  It's too bad he won't be able to enjoy much of his winnings after social services takes what they can for back child support.

I know I am not alone on this but I think some of us WISH they could work out. I also think we are realistic that the chances are probably against them living so far apart. I understand James is moping. He has fallen for her big time. I really believe she has feelings for him more than just friends. Being so far apart will not help that. It would just be nice if these 2 actually could at least try because they were so great together (even that last week when things were really rough). I know she is still rooting for James and if he is there in the end she will be at least 1 vote for him but I don't think he will get there from what we are seeing on the feeds. He will be heartbroken I agree but he is 32 and he will move on. At the very least I hope they can be friends. As far as child support I thought he was all caught up but I do not know that for a fact.

• Love 1

All three of them are going nuts and they have 5 days to go.   I was just reading a synopsis on who was going to take who to F2 given what they are saying.   Oh good god.  There is no way to tell who is lying to whom or what any of them think.  

It is impossible to guess who is going to vote for whom in any of the 3 scenarios.  

Personally I think Paul will win sitting next to either one but what do I know?  Going inside the jury's heads is not a pleasant errand.   

• Love 3

OK......Paul has already won, so the next comp will be between James and Nicole, right?  Assuming it's a mental comp, that should probably go to Nicole. Nicole and Paul then have a third comp.  And then the winner of that decides who stays and who goes......right?  So, what kind of comp is that third one likely to be.

The third comp is the worst comp ever.  TOTAL crapshoot.  Each jury member is asked some random question, and they have to pick among two different possible answers.  Some of their actual replies make NO sense to me.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I know I am not alone on this but I think some of us WISH they could work out. I also think we are realistic that the chances are probably against them living so far apart. I understand James is moping. He has fallen for her big time. I really believe she has feelings for him more than just friends. Being so far apart will not help that. It would just be nice if these 2 actually could at least try because they were so great together (even that last week when things were really rough). I know she is still rooting for James and if he is there in the end she will be at least 1 vote for him but I don't think he will get there from what we are seeing on the feeds. He will be heartbroken I agree but he is 32 and he will move on. At the very least I hope they can be friends. As far as child support I thought he was all caught up but I do not know that for a fact.

I'm just not sure about them being friends either. James trashed Meg after last season, and they were never even in a relationship. I can only imagine what he'll do to Natalie if she decides she doesn't want to date him. I don't think James is a bad person, but he clearly has a lot of emotional issues. I feel bad for him because I know a lot of that is because he had a rough childhood, but a woman can't fix those issues for him.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, J.D. said:

It's too bad he won't be able to enjoy much of his winnings after social services takes what they can for back child support.

The back child support was paid when James won AFP last year, and he has kept up with it ever since. Do you really think he would still be allowed to see his daughter as often as he can if he still owed child support?

I don't think there's any need to paint him as a deadbeat dad just because you (not you personally but you generally) don't like him.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

I'm just not sure about them being friends either. James trashed Meg after last season, and they were never even in a relationship. I can only imagine what he'll do to Natalie if she decides she doesn't want to date him. I don't think James is a bad person, but he clearly has a lot of emotional issues. I feel bad for him because I know a lot of that is because he had a rough childhood, but a woman can't fix those issues for him.

Agree his childhood was rough from what we have heard but I am not sure a true love could not help him.  We will disagree on that part. All I can HOPE for is that if they don't try or be friends that he will man up and move on. I can't see why they wouldn't even be friends though. Also, when they interviewed Meg she was rooting for him so I am not sure why people have said he trashed her (I honestly don't know the situation). I am still hoping something can come of this for these 2 but if it doesn't it doesn't. Romantic at heart I am.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bbaddict said:

I am also thinking the same as both of you.

Yes, both Nicole and Paul are talking smack about James. They are just covering their bases......I think. I'm pretty sure each of them want to take James to the Final 2 for a potential easy win.......I think. I'm not really sure anymore. I know James has sucked this season but I don't like Nicole trashing him behind his back. Of course, she will deny it after she leaves the house and will say she was faking it for Paul.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

The third comp is the worst comp ever.  TOTAL crapshoot.  Each jury member is asked some random question, and they have to pick among two different possible answers.  Some of their actual replies make NO sense to me.

I agree with this. I mean, if I was a jury member, I'd totally fuck with the F3 by giving my least likely answer that they'd think I'd pick. 

Personally, I think the Days competition would be much better suited for round 3. It's less of a crapshoot and it tests the memory of the last 97/98/99 days. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yes, both Nicole and Paul are talking smack about James. They are just covering their bases......I think. I'm pretty sure each of them want to take James to the Final 2 for a potential easy win.......I think. I'm not really sure anymore. I know James has sucked this season but I don't like Nicole trashing him behind his back. Of course, she will deny it after she leaves the house and will say she was faking it for Paul.

I don't think James sucked this season and I am trying to figure out why so many people are saying that. He is in the final 3. Did Victor play a great game? Did Paulie play a great game? Did Corey play a great game? Did Natalie play a great game? You see where this is going. They are all in Jury and he is not. He is still there and has a remote chance of winning this game. If my memory serves me right Dr. Will never won a comp his 1st season. Granted the personalities are totally different but that means he never needed to. Also, he kept telling everyone he hated them yet they never took him out and he won. James won 1 HOH and according to him (I honestly don't believe him) he threw every comp. Whatever he is doing whether you like it or not or it is boring he is still there. Just my opinion.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

"I love James, he's one of the best people on this planet!"

FYN!!!!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't think James sucked in the jury's eyes.  He seem to get the most support after Victor.  The social game is a big part of BB.  And James played the best social game of the Final 3.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Do you really think he would still be allowed to see his daughter as often as he can if he still owed child support?

It may vary from state to state but, in general, legally the two have nothing to do with each other.  A lot of Moms have gotten into hot water trying to limit visitations when there has been past due child support. 

• Love 6

There were more twists than ever I feel. I like the twists that work and everything worked this year.

17 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

says Julie Chen, conveniently forgetting the utterly pointless "return ticket" twist...

And forgetting the "team" thing that started and messed up the season.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Paul is trashing him, too.  They are both faking and exaggerating.  And I am sure they both see what other is doing!

I would think that Nicole is the F2 you want to take with you.   Most in the jury call her a snake.  She will never get a vote from Natalie, Michele or Z no matter who is sitting next to her.  Paulie would vote for a guy whoever it is.  I think Day and Corey might be her only votes.  Bridget? who the hell knows what she would do.  

I don't remember a season where we won't know who is going to win until they do.  

• Love 2

Watching Corey's interview with Jeff. Corey is doing really well going through the step by step moves of the game. He questioned why Paul & Victor wanted Natalie out when she was more willing to work with them then he & Nicole. He said wasn't going to mention it since it was helping his game. The funny part of the interview is that Corey seems exasperated by how much James sucked at challenges. Basically, he was like he & Nicole couldn't depend on him when it came to any of the comps. It's pretty funny coming from Corey. He still says James is his boy but even Corey knows that James sucked in the comp department. LOL!!!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Watching Corey's interview with Jeff. Corey is doing really well going through the step by step moves of the game. He questioned why Paul & Victor wanted Natalie out when she was more willing to work with them then he & Nicole. He said wasn't going to mention it since it was helping his game. The funny part of the interview is that Corey seems exasperated by how much James sucked at challenges. Basically, he was like he & Nicole couldn't depend on him when it came to any of the comps. It's pretty funny coming from Corey. He still says James is his boy but even Corey knows that James sucked in the comp department. LOL!!!

So Corey's not as dumb as he looks.  Who knew?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I agree. I thought Corey's interview with Jeff was really good. He was very aware of what was going on with the game, and he was very articulate in explaining his game along with Nicoles game. I think he's going to be a very good asset for her in the Jury Roundtable. 

Also, just hopped on Twitter to see that James was trying to get down the spelling of HG just in case it was the Crossword Puzzle like it was last year, Paul is purposely giving him the wrong spellings of things. This leads me to believe that Paul actually does want Nicole to win Part 2, and not have to worry about James. I think he does want to take Nicole to F2.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

It may vary from state to state but, in general, legally the two have nothing to do with each other.  A lot of Moms have gotten into hot water trying to limit visitations when there has been past due child support. 

It also depends on whether there is court ordered visitation.  But, true that if court ordered visitation can't be withheld because of lack of support.  If there is no court order, and visitation is withheld, the only recourse is to get an order. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

The back child support was paid when James won AFP last year, and he has kept up with it ever since. Do you really think he would still be allowed to see his daughter as often as he can if he still owed child support?

I don't think there's any need to paint him as a deadbeat dad just because you (not you personally but you generally) don't like him.

Oh, then I stand corrected  I read elsewhere he owed $20,000+.  I'll talk more when I get off work. 

4 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I agree, after all the work of trying to get to the end, THAT is what decides the final comp winner? So ridiculous. And even though it's relatively smart, I hate that Nicole and Corey have already tried to figure out how she could know Corey's real answer. If it works, I'll be so annoyed.

I'm over all of these people, but it's nice not being too invested either. I really have no clue who will win, but I do think Nicole has an excellent chance if she makes F2. She'll have Corey, Paulie, Zak and probably Day at the very least. She'll need to own her limited game moves though.

I never, ever thought we could end up with a Nic/James F2.

I miss the days of the F2 getting grilled.

• Love 4

Supposedly he was all caught up on child support thanks to his afp win.

i also don't understand why people call him a deadbeat dad because he moved to Texas.

as long as he is keeping up with child support it should be fine. He moved to be closer to his manager who is derricks dad. A lot of parents move away for a job.

and he must do ok as a dad if his ex is trying to talk him into adopting her older son Landon. She felt he needed a stable father in his life and it was hard on him that Bailey had James and he had no one. I heard him talking briefly to nat about it earlier this year. How it was hard because Landon was a great kid and considers him dad cause his own dad has nothing to do with him. But it was hard supporting Bailey, if he adopted Landon he would have to pay child support for him as well. It seems he really likes the kid though cause he said he wanted to take both of them to Disney world after the show.

personally I wish he got some help with his learning disabilities and memory issues once he gets out of the house. I am pretty sure that he was throwing comps up till the egg comp. I think he only tried in the wall comps and the comp he finished second to Vic and got money. He didn't need to throw the mental comps cause of his issues.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Me too. I hate the way production gives them asinine questions to ask instead of lwtting them really give F2 the third degree. 

Let's have less "Congratulations on making final two! what do you think was your best game move?", and more "why did you make a deal with me to work together and then vote me out, you slippery motherfucker? Well? WELL???????"

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I agree, after all the work of trying to get to the end, THAT is what decides the final comp winner? So ridiculous. And even though it's relatively smart, I hate that Nicole and Corey have already tried to figure out how she could know Corey's real answer. If it works, I'll be so annoyed.

I'm over all of these people, but it's nice not being too invested either. I really have no clue who will win, but I do think Nicole has an excellent chance if she makes F2. She'll have Corey, Paulie, Zak and probably Day at the very least. She'll need to own her limited game moves though.

Her game moves were not limited.  8 pack, Fatal 5 (Day blew it up), Final 2 with Day (Day blew that up, too), Paulie bro thing, switched when Natalie staged flip, F4 with James and Natalie (Nat blew that up), F4 with V and P (good move of Corey to squash that) and now she is in F3.  That is not shabby game play by any means.  She has been flexible and shifted when she had to do so.  And look where it got her!  She could win this. 

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

So Corey's not as dumb as he looks.  Who knew?

Well, Nicole spent hours/days/weeks holed up with him teaching him the game and the strategy etc.  It's hard for me to believe that vacant look in his eyes was all acting.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

If he had stuck with Paulie, I think nat would have gone right after Meech. He didn't need nat to make it to the end with paulie. If anything, she caused tension in that alliance.

Nat did leave right after Meech.

20 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

but by evicting z and double crossing Paulie, he put himself in the crosshairs. If Paulie had won DE or the next HOH, his butt would have been out the door. His relationship with Corey is what saved his ass.

You can always say, "If so-and-so had won HOH that week, this other person would have been toast." I think it's arguable whether Paulie would have targeted James first if he had gone after Jatalie. Paulie wanted all the girls out first and he had a particular animus toward Natalie. Whom did he advise his (former) minions go after when he left? (I really don't remember.)

2 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I (VERY GRUDGINGLY!!!) admit that Nicole has been playing well lately (in a way that is evident) and that her overall game has been good (in retrospect), but... I just hate her! I kind of don't want her to be the first woman to beat a man in F2 because some will see that as validation for the Last Girl Standing Strategy (which will just perpetuate it for years to come) and because... it's Nicole. I haaaaaate her. Sigh.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TheRealT said:

I (VERY GRUDGINGLY!!!) admit that Nicole has been playing well lately (in a way that is evident) and that her overall game has been good (in retrospect), but... I just hate her! I kind of don't want her to be the first woman to beat a man in F2 because some will see that as validation for the Last Girl Standing Strategy (which will just perpetuate it for years to come) and because... it's Nicole. I haaaaaate her. Sigh.

But she has literally done nothing to anybody!!

• Love 4

Truce on the child support thing.  I didn't mean to start a fight.  Everything I've read was that he was thousands of dollars behind.  If you all say he's not, I believe you. 

----

In other news:  I can't tell if Nicole REALLY wants to take Paul to final 2 or if she's just telling him that to get Paul to stop bugging her.  Lots of people are predicting Paulie would vote for Paul if Paul and Nicole are final two since Nicole's a girl, but I'm not so sure about that vote.  I think Paulie would vote for Nicole because he was aligned so strong with Corey AND because he felt betrayed by Paul right before getting evicted.  It's such a tough call for me, trying to guess who'd vote for who.

I agree with you guys about that last comp where they have to predict what the jury members would say.   "What did Bridgette say when asked....?," "What did Corey say when asked....?"  UGGH!  I wish BB would come up with a comp that's not so easily manipulated.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Her game moves were not limited.  8 pack, Fatal 5 (Day blew it up), Final 2 with Day (Day blew that up, too), Paulie bro thing, switched when Natalie staged flip, F4 with James and Natalie (Nat blew that up), F4 with V and P (good move of Corey to squash that) and now she is in F3.  That is not shabby game play by any means.  She has been flexible and shifted when she had to do so.  And look where it got her!  She could win this. 

Maybe I'm just forgetting (this season started a couple of years ago, right?), but I don't recall her being a driving force for the duration of the game. She has stepped up lately, I guess, but I just don't love her passive style. Sure, she's got a good chance to win, but I prefer to watch someone like Dan, Vanessa or Derrick really control the moves of the game from behind the scenes. I mean, even Victoria made F3. And I would have liked to see her a play a season without a showmance and fawning over the bestest guy in the world. Same with Nat...she could have been more interesting without James as a partner.

If Nic wins in her second try, she'll definitely be one of the more forgettable winners to me.

Paul played hard, but is really a jerk (which sucks, because I found him entertaining at times), and James is...James.

But at least we'll quickly move on to another bunch of inevitably disappointing yahoos. And hopefully no more vets unless it's All Stars.

• Love 4

I liked Ian's comments after the Corey interview too.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/bb-after-show/

I think Nicole, right now, is planning on taking Paul.  That could EASILY change though, lots of time left, and all it would take is one good conversation between them.

Paul isn't allowing that though, and he's fucking up James' studying as well, keeping him up late, giving him wrong answers, etc.

http://zap2it.com/2016/09/will-kirby-big-brother-18-jury-entertaining-kinetic-conflicted/

Dr. Will confirmed as host.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  The problem with Nicole, for me, is that she pretty much fell ass-backwards into good strategy.  Very little of what she's done was intentional or for intelligent reasons.  Back when Paulie was around, she showed no indications at all that she was ever going to turn on him.  She seemed to be repeating her big mistake from her prior season and allowing herself to get picked off.  We'll never know for sure, but if not for Natalie and Bridgette flipping the Z votes and getting her and Paulie out, Nicole was likely a goner around final 7/6.   Then, she turned on James and Natalie, not for any strategic reason but because "I want to lose to people I like".  That's not strategy... that's ass-hat-ery.  That's no way to play the game.  And now, she's shit-talking James and saying he acted like this was a dating show.  Pot, meet kettle.  My thoughts above can be summarized in three simple words: Fuck you, Nicole!  

24 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

But she has literally done nothing to anybody!!

Heh, if you don't count trash talking everyone behind their backs, stabbing James and Natalie in their backs, stabbing Victor and Paul in their backs, and pretending you're just America's most innocent sweetheart ever.

Edited by me5671
  • Love 15