Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think it's mostly the hate boner thing, but these are good points.

At this point the only remaining intrigue for me is how the jury will vote. Considering the F2 is going to be meh no matter what and that everyone left is pretty evenly matched game play wise, I don't really know how most of the jury will decide.

Natalie and Bridgette have said they'd like to vote for a woman, but they don't like Nicole. Day, Mchelle, and Z were mad at her but they seem over the game so maybe those previous issues won't play into their vote. Victor has been voted out twice so will the jury take that as a sign he sucks as a player? And if they do will they care or still vote for him anyway because they like him? Will the jury see Paul as a better player than the rest? Do they like him more than the rest? I feel like I have no real idea how anyone would vote, which is kind of fun. Too bad I hate all the possible winners LOL.

I know Nat/Bridge/Michelle have said in a convo together  they would vote for any female In the finals except for Nicole. 

Z/Day seem like two women that will let past issues go and vote for the best player. They do not seem like bitter people at all. Nicole can definitely win, but will Nat/Michelle hold a grudge against Nicole come finale night? And will the others girls actually listen to what Nat/Michelle have to say about the house when they enter jury?

• Love 1

Nat tells James that she loves him all the time.  she's been saying it since the very beginning. 

Most of the time I think it's very casual. 

And Paul is being Paul because well, he's Paul and also because I've heard him say directly to us during a solo Friendship Talk "I'm here to make a tv show"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Z/Paulie are not back to fucking in jury house, the only thing we know about them is that it took 4 days for the girls to even start talking to Paulie. Then after that, all we know is that they would all sleep with Da'vonne cause she has the nicest room sometimes, Bridgette/Z/Paulie have been painting, and it seems like they all made peace and are close. That's all we know. Now, with Hurricane Michelle, that shit might change. She's coming in hurt/bitter, and ready to unload.

But compared to watching James/Natalie act like 10 year olds:arguing and then making up, arguing and then making up, Nicole whining, and Paul being Paul, I rather watch Day/Z/Bridge/Paulie anyday. Especially knowing they are stress free and happy now.

How did I miss this?  I saw one tweet reporting that Z has been painting, nothing else.  Thanks for the up date. 

no words 

This happens every year, you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssss.

In July we meet the new house guests and we are *giddy* with excitement. We love them, we hate them, and we love them again, all in the span of a week. The possibilities are endless. And every year we think we are going to get the winner we deserve, type thing.

And every year we get to September and, if we're lucky, we only get finalists that we dislike as opposed to some we actually hate (and with reason as Season 15 was the epitome of this). I can't even hate watch this show. It isn't good enough for that. I'll keep up with the boards but I don't think I can watch. I mean, I know it is bad when I'm  considering supporting COREY because I think he's the best least awful option left. I like Vic but he was evicted in week 2 and we should not be thinking of him now.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This probably isn't the thread to post this but I couldn't figure out which one it would be: is Dr. Will going to be returning this season to do that thing where he explains to the jurors who the winner should be?

I have a strong feeling that CBS will some way, somehow bring in Michael Weatherley as a "jury consultant" since he plays one on their big new primetime series Bull. I hope Dr. Will is still moderating the discussion, too, though.

ETA I don't think Derrick will be enlisted to moderate the discussion. In his interview with Jeff last week he was refreshingly candid about Paulie's poor game playing and seemed to not be very happy with his saying that Derrick coached him. I know Paulie won't be one of the F3 but I think CBS might not want him to do it because of that.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

This happens every year, you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssss.

In July we meet the new house guests and we are *giddy* with excitement. We love them, we hate them, and we love them again, all in the span of a week. The possibilities are endless. And every year we think we are going to get the winner we deserve, type thing.

And every year we get to September and, if we're lucky, we only get finalists that we dislike as opposed to some we actually hate (and with reason as Season 15 was the epitome of this). I can't even hate watch this show. It isn't good enough for that. I'll keep up with the boards but I don't think I can watch. I mean, I know it is bad when I'm  considering supporting COREY because I think he's the best least awful option left. I like Vic but he was evicted in week 2 and we should not be thinking of him now.

Natalie has been getting on my nerves and sort of mean to James. James has done nothing all season. Nicole is annoying already. Corey is dumb as rocks. Paul one liners are getting way old and Victor seems nice enough but he really was voted out twice for a reason. Yup! This is a sad lot, isn't it?

• Love 2

I disagree. Paul is entertaining (albeit too shouty and mean), Nicole and Corey are an impending showmance trainwreck and Victor is a hugely deserving winner. And yes, I think that his fighting to get back in the house not once but twice counts for a lot.

• Love 9

If Victor was voted out twice maybe it was because he's a worthy competitor.  That doesn't make him an unworthy winner in my book.  

1 minute ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

If Victor was voted out twice maybe it was because he's a worthy competitor.  That doesn't make him an unworthy winner in my book.  

My thought process is that essentially the main problem each HG faces is, "How does one navigate through the season without putting a target on oneself by appearing too great a threat while simultaneously attempting to reach F2 with a competitor whose jury relationship is worse, thus giving one the win?"

Victor failed at the "putting too big a target on himself" bit. Imo he's still failing at it. That's why he was evicted in the past and very well may be evicted again. Whether or not that makes him an unworthy winner is up to the jury, unless he gets evicted again. (If he gets evicted again, then yes, it made him an unworthy winner.) That's going by strict definition.

Then there is the loose definition of worthy winner: what the viewer personally values and likes and how well a HG did according to them. By that metric, people will have varying opinions. (I can live with a Vic win.)

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

The fact that he needed two mulligans whereas everyone else didn't need any makes him an unworthy winner. But YMMV.

Much as it pains me to say, I'm coming around on the fact that Nicole has played pretty well. They've adapated week to week, and appear ready to change it up again next week.  Convincing Natalie (and by extension Meech) to target Paul was the move of the season to this point.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, bbaddict said:

If Paul thinks evicting Natalie is a good idea I would not understand that either. I am 99% sure Natalie would go to that side and lets be honest she is smoking James in comps 

I think you understand fine.  ?  You just named two good reasons for Paul to evict Natalie:

1. Paul would have to share Victor with Natalie, and Paul is a wicked jealous little bitch.  
  2. Natalie would be harder to beat in comps.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

How did I miss this?  I saw one tweet reporting that Z has been painting, nothing else.  Thanks for the up date. 

no words 

Yeah, Paul and the others houseguest a talked about what was going on in jury after the jury buyback competition. They never said whether Z/P were back to romantic terms, but they made it seem like everyone was back on great terms and they love it there. Like, even Paulie seem like to be in a better place too. Paul talked about how Bridgette seemed to not really take a liking to Natalie anymore ( I wonder if she told Z about that whole plan before her eviction.). And that z/day/Bridgette have become really close.

Oaul is equal parts entertaining and douchey. Everyone left is pretty annoying, but Victor is the one that gets on my nerves the least, so rooting for him.

• Love 6

In my opinion, I feel like Victor was voted out the first time because he was the biggest threat in the pool of players left to select from. The "team" thing in the beginning of the season was very limiting on who people could put up. He wasn't in the 8Pack, and he was attached to Jozea so I saw why he went (plus he ate all the food). The second time Victor went home was because he was a pawn and the target won the veto. There was no way at the point, due to James crazy loyalty to Nicole, that he was going to vote out Corey. So while normally I hate returning players, I will still route for Victor to win because he's the least offensive left of the people left in the game for me. I do not want Nicole, Corey, James or Paul to win this game. I was hoping for a Nat/Vic F2 but I never get what I want.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I know it is bad when I'm  considering supporting COREY because I think he's the best least awful option left.

I had a moment where I decided that I guess if I had to choose a winner from this five I would choose Corey. And then I hated myself and took a shower.

2 hours ago, Cutty said:

Much as it pains me to say, I'm coming around on the fact that Nicole has played pretty well. 

I kinda am, too. Sure, for the first 70 days she did nothing but whine and 'cuddle' Corey, but I will begrudging admit she has played the best game of anyone left the past 2 weeks. But, man, if Nicole becomes the first woman to beat a man, I will feel some type of way. Her woman-hating self doesn't deserve it!

I can't believe there are still 2 weeks of this shit. It's mind boggling to me. Let it end! Put me out of my misery! I mean I won't be watching the episodes or feeds anyway but still.

ETA: I gotta say one super positive thing for me to come out of Natalie getting evicted is that I won't have to read about how she 'showed her true colors' anymore. A real plus!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda am, too. Sure, for the first 70 days she did nothing but whine and 'cuddle' Corey, but I will begrudging admit she has played the best game of anyone left the past 2 weeks. But, man, if Nicole becomes the first woman to beat a man, I will feel some type of way. Her woman-hating self doesn't deserve it!

I'll feel the same, peach. Nicole isn't the one. We needed a Tiffany/Paulie final 2. We could watch Paulie's manhood shrivel (in his tiny shorts) as the jury votes for Tiffany 9-0. Then Tiffany will step forward and she and JulieChen will enjoy a warm congratulatory hug and exchange phone #s. Paulie will stumble off stage and randomly pick up women (as in pick them up, off the ground, with his arms) and mumble "your boy" in their ears.

Or, something like that.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda am, too. Sure, for the first 70 days she did nothing but whine and 'cuddle' Corey, but I will begrudging admit she has played the best game of anyone left the past 2 weeks.

I want to shoot myself for saying this, but playing dead for the first half to three quarters of the season can be a really strong strategy. Of the six players left, that's what three of them did. People who draw attention tend to go home. It's infuriating as hell from the viewing perspective, especially when you hear the stupid stuff that comes out of their mouths as they lounge about, but it appears to work pretty well since there's usually someone who is a bigger threat and thus higher priority to get out. (Read as "upright more than three hours a day" if you want.)

I tried to post this yesterday, but my wifi was so revolted by it that it dropped out. (Technically, that was probably related to the kitchen remodel. If I disappear and never return, we all killed each other in The Great Kitchen Remodel Brawl of '17.)

• Love 21

I just don't believe it was really a thought out strategy on Nicole's part though. I think she met Corey, got a crush on him, and then decided she'd rather fuck him than play the game. 

5 minutes ago, simplyme said:

(Technically, that was probably related to the kitchen remodel. If I disappear and never return, we all killed each other in The Great Kitchen Remodel Brawl of '17.)

LMAO! Good luck!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just don't believe it was really a thought out strategy on Nicole's part though. I think she met Corey, got a crush on him, and then decided she'd rather fuck him than play the game. 

I also can't help but think about what Nicole said once, I think it was a couple of weeks ago. She was complaining because this season was so hard because she actually had to play the game and how season 16 was so much better because it was easier and all that. Even though, if she forgot, she was a target twice on season 16 and she had to fight then too. I think she truly expected that she would have a strong alliance, she'd be in a good position, she'd be a different player...and then Corey happened and most of her strategy got thrown out the window, especially with getting in a good spot early in the game. She seemed to give up around Victor or Bronte's eviction because she knew she was in no danger. Then, as soon as Zak left and Paulie was evicted and she realized her numbers were dwindling down, she saw her grim future and woke up. She managed to save herself a few times, but it helped that James has been Ra Ra Nicorey and has chosen them over everyone else almost all season. Then, yeah, Natalie's HOH got her in an even better position that got her farther. If she hadn't, her or Corey would have been evicted because both of them would have been on the block, and they wouldn't have had an alliance with James/Natalie.

So yeah, Nicole's played a decent game this second half, much like Natalie. But Nat's strategy was laying low until jury and then going all out, which she did. Nicole just stumbled upon her game. It's not bad as a game move, because it's gotten her this far. It's just that I dislike her personality a lot and her choices so it doesn't make me root for her. I really did enjoy her better in season 16, post Christine. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CheetaraThunder said:

James to Natalie: 13 days with no Natalie. I can't do it. #BB18

You went 30+ years without her, I think you can handle a couple of weeks.

Anyone from here going to the Cast party on the 22nd in LA?

Makes me wonder if they all have some form of Stockholm syndrome.  

And what makes him think the other isn't leaving the next week?  Or is it two weeks until the next eviction?  

1 hour ago, CheetaraThunder said:

James to Natalie: 13 days with no Natalie. I can't do it. #BB18

You went 30+ years without her, I think you can handle a couple of weeks.

Also, he's gone 3 months without having any contact with his daughter two years in a row and months and months more than that only seeing her via Facetime.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I want to shoot myself for saying this, but playing dead for the first half to three quarters of the season can be a really strong strategy. Of the six players left, that's what three of them did. People who draw attention tend to go home. It's infuriating as hell from the viewing perspective, especially when you hear the stupid stuff that comes out of their mouths as they lounge about, but it appears to work pretty well since there's usually someone who is a bigger threat and thus higher priority to get out. (Read as "upright more than three hours a day" if you want.)

I tried to post this yesterday, but my wifi was so revolted by it that it dropped out. (Technically, that was probably related to the kitchen remodel. If I disappear and never return, we all killed each other in The Great Kitchen Remodel Brawl of '17.)

Bold- Hysterical and I can relate; my husband an I built our house in the 70's, all by ourselves, everything-plumbing and wiring included.  We survived, 40 years, even!  There were touch and go moments but we powered though them. 

I agree, Nicole is playing now, finally.  She did have a strategy at first and that was staying with the power.  She woke up in time, thanks to Nat and Bridget flipping and including her in the plan.  

She is working it now though.  She knows she cannot win because of her social game but it will interesting to see how far she can take herself. 

She said she would be friends with Paulie and Cody (his brother, no typo)  when this wraps.  sigh  She is blind to the bigger picture.

Is this site acting strange to anyone else?    Flickering, hesitating, jumpy typing?   

Big Brother Updates @BB_Updates
Nicole to Corey- If things went how they went on 16, Natalie would go this week, Paul would go next week, Vic would go the next week 

Corey saying Victor should go before Paul.

Sept. 8 - Natalie out, down to 5
New HOH that night

Filmed on Sept.12th/Airs on the 13th - Taped eviction
5th person evicted (Down to 4)
We see new HOH

Feeds come back(13th) and we will know F4 POV winner

Sept 14th EP - Nominations, POV and live eviction

Down to 3 and PT 1 begins later that night

• Love 3

Nicole being the only one studying days for the possible final 4/5 POV/HOH is really smart. That might be the edge to get her to the finals without help. Her last couple of weeks, Nicole has played probably the best, with the exception of jury management. 

Corey also has been studying for a questions POV and trying to study how the other people will answer, smart.

• Love 3

I wonder if Corey is quietly horrified about Nicole planning to turn on Victor and Paul in order to keep James for F3. I think he always intended to keep his word re F4. This could get interesting.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Corey also has been studying for a questions POV and trying to study how the other people will answer, smart.

Does he stare off into space and think about Christmas after thirty seconds of excruciating mental work?

Well, excruciating for him.

• Love 5

Natalie's been studying longer than Nicole, so was Michelle.  Natalie's got it down, but it doesn't matter now since she's going home.  Vic and Paul have also been studying, as has Corey.

The only one not studying is James.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Nicole being the only one studying days for the possible final 4/5 POV/HOH is really smart. That might be the edge to get her to the finals without help. Her last couple of weeks, Nicole has played probably the best, with the exception of jury management. 

My friend and I were talking about this earlier about how we both remember last season that the fans kept saying they weren't sure if Vanessa could beat anyone that was left when it was dwindling because of her social game and how a lot of the Jury didn't like her personally, though she was strategically great (at least in my opinion she was). We all know now that if Vanessa did make it to F2 against either Steve or Liz she would of won hands down.  I think the same can go for Nicole, I think the Jury can see what she has done especially the last few weeks and set herself up well. 

I think she set herself up well by getting herself into a big alliance, getting some meat shields around her and then basically sleeping/playing dead for a bit until she needed to pounce, she had people coming to her for advice/her opinion.  It's a legit strategy and  A LOT of players have done that. Do I think she's playing the best game ever no, but she's playing far better then some of the others left in the house. 

I think she has a much better shot then people are giving her credit for. I think her biggest Ally in the Jury is Day, Day wanted her out because she knew she was a threat. Day also being a Vet knows that Nicole didn't come back to just be okay with 7th place again, she knows she's for sure in it to win it and will do what she can to get there. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had a moment where I decided that I guess if I had to choose a winner from this five I would choose Corey. And then I hated myself and took a shower.

Ok, now that's kinda the best thing I've read all day.

5 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Natalie to James- If we work out or not...even if we dont work out, we literally will be best friends. I will always have your back #BB18

James she basically put you in the friend zone. Accept it, be friends, and move on. 

At present, James and Natalie's relationship is like the weather in Tennessee.  Just wait ten minutes - it'll change.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

You do realize this is 2016, right?

Still? I guess the remodel has only felt like it's taken eight months. *eye tic*

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

James sucks. 

Week 5: "Well, guess it's time to play Big Brother." 
*proceeds to not play the game*

Week 8: "Well, guess it's time to play Big Brother."

Nice strategy, dude.

You forgot the clinging. James also did a lot of clinging to Natalie in there. I wanted to yell, "For God's sake, go watch a movie and let me take my relaxing bath in peace!" in there. (I, uh, may also have been projecting a bit.)

• Love 7

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick 9m9 minutes ago
Now that @BBTooms got suspended here, I hear he has dusted off the #Bullhorn
#BB18

Well, that sucks that CBS went after BBTooms, he posted the BEST stuff, and clips.  Looks like we should expect the bullhorn soon, maybe even tonight.

5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick 9m9 minutes ago
Now that @BBTooms got suspended here, I hear he has dusted off the #Bullhorn
#BB18

Well, that sucks that CBS went after BBTooms, he posted the BEST stuff, and clips.  Looks like we should expect the bullhorn soon, maybe even tonight.

I loved that he posted clips & funny stuff. But I honestly hate it when people scream/bullhorn/send drones into the backyard. It's just not cool to do that when people are trying to play for that much money and it could be ruined because someone wanted to be a jackass and scream stuff into the backyard. 

• Love 3

Bullhorn just happened.  (around 12:19 AM or so)  No idea what was said, but James, Nat, Paul, and Vic were listening intently!

Tooms was waiting for Paul and Vic to come outside.

Edited by Umbelina

BB Tooms ‏@BBTooms 3m3 minutes ago

Mess with my Twitter and I mess with your house.

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick 2m2 minutes ago

#BULLHORN
"James & Nicole are in a preshow alliance"
Was said over and over 5 times

I doubt it will change Corey's mind, but Nicole has been really pushing to keep James, and mentioned cutting Corey at the end, so MAYBE.  VERY doubtful.  Nat will now know for sure that James has continued to lie to her.

Good one BBTooms.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

BB Tooms ‏@BBTooms 3m3 minutes ago

Mess with my Twitter and I mess with your house.

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick 2m2 minutes ago

#BULLHORN
"James & Nicole are in a preshow alliance"
Was said over and over 5 times

I'm sorry stuff like this as I said above is such bullshit. We have no proof that Nicole had a preseason alliance with James. And for someone to go there and try and ruin peoples chances for $500K because your illegally posting clips that you SHOULDN'T be posting because they are owned by CBS and have every right to stop you from doing that, is just bullshit. 

And this isn't because I want Nicole to win or thinks she should win. I've always hated this stuff EVERY SINGLE TIME people do it. There are enough twists and crap in the game, this outside interference annoys me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

James sucks. 

Week 5: "Well, guess it's time to play Big Brother." 

Week 8: "Well, guess it's time to play Big Brother."

Nice strategy, dude.

Phil:  Teams will race to--

James:  NOOOO!

Phil:  Teams will--

Phil:  Teams--

Phil: ...

James:  I'm just gonna sit this leg out. 

• Love 12