Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Baby Sister Is Born!

• Start Topic

According to the catfisher, when they went to Alaska, it was paid for by the show. "Sam" didn't want Meri to go, he wanted her to leave with him, but she said she didn't want to cost the family the trip, especially because it would be the last time they would be all together. Again, according to the psycho, she was supposed to leave with him when they got back, but the day after she returned and they spent the evening on the telephone looking at the stars, she called him and demanded to meet.

I didn't watch the Duggars, but they have commented on their show paying for their trips. TLC paid to have their house kitchen completed, and in an interview, someone asked if it was true since they had apparently said they pay for everything without loans. They said yes, and that it was for some reason, like it was taking too long for them to do it piecemeal, and was interfering with taping. I think that same interview was when they said that their family would not have been able to do the things they ultimately did, like travel, if it wasn't for TLC picking up the tab, and were grateful. 

Although the Browns blow through money like it grows on their stupid tree, if they had to pick a family trip, I don't think they would pay to take the family to Hawaii. Maybe just the adults, but probably not because I don't think Kody and Robyn would want the family at their special place.

• Love 1

So I'm finally watching this episode.  1.  If you child is not gaining wt for 6 months, you don't wait that long to figure it out!  Give her formula!!  What is the big mystery?  2.  They are on the couch discussing how quickly the babies came in the early years, and Kody chimes in "and of course Robyn has (names her kids here), although she wasn't part of the family yet.".  Well then how is it relevant?    

I'm certain I'll be back as I watch more

• Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not sure why Meri is being portrayed as the bad guy in this story.  That picture of Maddie was horrible.  She looked like she was starving to death, and no weight gain for six months?  I don't care how important it was to Janelle to breastfeed - she was starving her baby to death.  It simply confirmed that Janelle is not "the smart one".  And wasn't Janelle the one who brought the story up first?

Can't STAND Janelle lately, she is def not the "smart" one, Logan is. 

Kody was insufferable. He couldn't shut up for a minute. He sucks all the energy out of the room. He must be exhausting to be around. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8

well, that didn't take long.  1.  Poor dumb Christine!  The hospital staff didn't keep family out of the mom's room because you were plygs, but because there is a limit on how many people are allowed in at once.  Hospital staff doesn't care how you have structured your life.  2.  Robyn, if you can sit on the couch and calmly state that you are having an anxiety attack now, you're not having one.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I often forget how stealthily witchy Robin is and then we get a scene where they are all on the couch talking about Kody's awesome labor coaching skills and Robin puts on her concerned face, turns to Meri and asks "are you feeling left out with all of us talking about our birth stories and you missed out?" or however she phrased it. Witch. No, Meri wasn't able to pop out a litter to help populate Kody's eternal planet but she did give birth once so don't worry, Robin, she didn't totally miss out on Kody's super special labor coaching. 

Edited by TeeMo
  • Love 13

The whole 'polygs can't go to hospitals or they'll snatch the baby and sell it on eBay' is a crock. 

Back in college I had a graphic design internship at a Women and Children's hospital. One of our summer projects was to create a welcome package from labor and delivery check in to taking your baby home.

Summary:

1) you'll check in and it may take hours or days. It's less stressful on the mother, baby and healthcare team to not have all the Clampetts arrive and squat in the room. It's easier to make decisions and not wear yourself out if only a couple of people are there.

2) Infection control limited guests and especially very young guests, who tend to pick noses, eat off the floor, do normal little kid grossness. More people circulating means more risk of carrying in disease. 

3) mama could choose 2 adults to go in the delivery room. Husband, babydaddy, sister, cousin, neighbor, mailman, no one cared. Just tell us who so they can be scrubbed in.

4) you had to identify a father, married or not, and together or not, or it was a huge deal. Say 'unknown' and it was an automatic visit from social services. This was to make sure patients weren't cases of rape, incest, abuse, trafficking, etc. They also have info on how to legally terminate rights of a parent the mother didn't want in her baby's life, so it want any sort or shaming, just legal protection. 

5) Big explanation of applying for social security number, notifying insurance, signing up for medicad and WIC if needed, etc. Some people were shocked that they couldn't just use their random new boyfriend's insurance for their own hospital stay, or that it was a lot of paperwork to get the baby on dad's insurance if he wasn't the bio father or they weren't married.

6) CHRISTINE - whole booklet on choosing a name. How it stuck forever. How spelling things weird could make things difficult. How naming after people is serious, so think before naming after someone you've known 5 minutes, etc. how changing a persons name can mess with them. How it is a huge court process to change last names especially *cough Robyn cough*

note: this was not Utah, and 10 years ago. Also, we wrote patient literature on a 5th grade level, to presume many levels of literacy could understand medical terms.

Anyway........hospitals see so many weird family dynamics and disfunction. Unless they see abuse, they don't care who anyone is. Robyn just wanted a home birth. Nothing wrong with that. She just loves to play martyr.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I often forget how stealthily witchy Robin is and then we get a scene where they are all on the couch talking about Kody's awesome labor coaching skills and Robin puts on her concerned face, turns to Meri and asks "are you feeling left out with all of us talking about our birth stories and you missed out?" or however shebphrased it. Witch. No, Meri wasn't able to pop out a litter to help populate Kody's eternal planet but she did give birth once so don't worry, Robin, she didn't totally miss out on Kody's super special labor coaching. 

I caught that too! What a passive aggressive comment that was. Total Mean Girl moment if there ever was one.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The whole 'polygs can't go to hospitals or they'll snatch the baby and sell it on eBay' is a crock. 

Back in college I had a graphic design internship at a Women and Children's hospital. One of our summer projects was to create a welcome package from labor and delivery check in to taking your baby home.

Summary:

1) you'll check in and it may take hours or days. It's less stressful on the mother, baby and healthcare team to not have all the Clampetts arrive and squat in the room. It's easier to make decisions and not wear yourself out if only a couple of people are there.

2) Infection control limited guests and especially very young guests, who tend to pick noses, eat off the floor, do normal little kid grossness. More people circulating means more risk of carrying in disease. 

3) mama could choose 2 adults to go in the delivery room. Husband, babydaddy, sister, cousin, neighbor, mailman, no one cared. Just tell us who so they can be scrubbed in.

4) you had to identify a father, married or not, and together or not, or it was a huge deal. Say 'unknown' and it was an automatic visit from social services. This was to make sure patients weren't cases of rape, incest, abuse, trafficking, etc. They also have info on how to legally terminate rights of a parent the mother didn't want in her baby's life, so it want any sort or shaming, just legal protection. 

5) Big explanation of applying for social security number, notifying insurance, signing up for medicad and WIC if needed, etc. Some people were shocked that they couldn't just use their random new boyfriend's insurance for their own hospital stay, or that it was a lot of paperwork to get the baby on dad's insurance if he wasn't the bio father or they weren't married.

6) CHRISTINE - whole booklet on choosing a name. How it stuck forever. How spelling things weird could make things difficult. How naming after people is serious, so think before naming after someone you've known 5 minutes, etc. how changing a persons name can mess with them. How it is a huge court process to change last names especially *cough Robyn cough*

note: this was not Utah, and 10 years ago. Also, we wrote patient literature on a 5th grade level, to presume many levels of literacy could understand medical terms.

Anyway........hospitals see so many weird family dynamics and disfunction. Unless they see abuse, they don't care who anyone is. Robyn just wanted a home birth. Nothing wrong with that. She just loves to play martyr.

Here's the biggest problem with their assertion .... Robyn and Kody are legally married! If Christine and Janelle come to support her, no one is going to ask her if her labor support people sleep with her husband too. 

They had the home birth because Robyn wanted one and the hospital won't let everyone in to film the show.  The home birth is a perfectly fine choice. Just don't lie about it. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, gardendiva said:

I caught that too! What a passive aggressive comment that was. Total Mean Girl moment if there ever was one.

I suspect their lives is full of this kind of thing. It's no wonder that these women aren't brimming with self-confidence and mental health. Daily pass aggressive put downs, jostling for position, and waiting for scraps from Kody has to take its toll. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

I often forget how stealthily witchy Robin is and then we get a scene where they are all on the couch talking about Kody's awesome labor coaching skills and Robin puts on her concerned face, turns to Meri and asks "are you feeling left out with all of us talking about our birth stories and you missed out?" or however shebphrased it. Witch. No, Meri wasn't able to pop out a litter to help populate Kody's eternal planet but she did give birth once so don't worry, Robin, she didn't totally miss out on Kody's super special labor coaching. 

Damn, what a rude thing to say. If i was Meri I would've responded by asking Robyn if she felt left out when the rest of them talked about the family's history she wasn't a part of.

Edited by PlygPigs
  • Love 23
(edited)

I think a big draw for this kind of man is the women in constant competition for their attention. I'm surprise they don't actually physically scrap ocassionally. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
Can't spell
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think a big draw for this kind of man is the women in constant competition for their attention. I'm surprise they don't actually push icily scrap ocassionally. 

Absolutely. This is why I put so much of Meri's issues (and the other women too) on Kody. He wants them at odds and competing with each other. Not only does he not help ease conflict, he helps create it.

• Love 7

Did Kody coach Meri through childbirth? We've seen him both times with Robyn, and I understand he was dating Robyn while Christine was in the hospital giving birth to Truly, but was he that involved with the other births? They weren't on tv back then so I wonder if he was any help at all!

1 hour ago, kimaken said:

Did Kody coach Meri through childbirth? We've seen him both times with Robyn, and I understand he was dating Robyn while Christine was in the hospital giving birth to Truly, but was he that involved with the other births? They weren't on tv back then so I wonder if he was any help at all!

Oh they all assured us that Kody was the greatest labor coach that ever lived for all of their births. Christine said she actually told Robin to have a home birth and not "rob herself" of the opportunity to have Kody coaching her through it. Gag. Honestly I think they all go gaga for Kody's attentiveness during labor because it is probably the only time any one of them has that much of his undivided attention. They think he is some sort of superstar birth coach because they are used to him being a lousy husband. When he pays them the extra attention during labor they think it is something special because of the stark contrast with how little support they get from him the rest of the time. 

• Love 11

OK, I have never had any children so I may be missing something, but can't Kody also do his "amaaaaazing" coaching at a hospital birth too? Or would the doctors and nurses shut him right down for being a jackass?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

OK, I have never had any children so I may be missing something, but can't Kody also do his "amaaaaazing" coaching at a hospital birth too? Or would the doctors and nurses shut him right down for being a jackass?

yeah, he can.  my kiddo arrived early, while hubby was out of country on business, and so my friend had to be with me and coached me.  so (1) not hubby but ok with the hospital and (b) she coached.  

That's what I thought. Even though Kody was macking on Robyn for a bit, we did see footage of him at the hospital while Christine was giving birth, so she got the benefit of his amaaaaazing coaching. So I still don't know why she encouraged Robyn to do a home birth instead of a hospital birth due to the whole coaching thing. Idiots.

• Love 1
(edited)

You know it's really sad that these women have been so conditioned to believe that they are nothing without Kody that even when they have a baby, he is the one who is lauded. He was amazing. They couldn't have done it without him. They didn't do anything special.  They didn't carry a human life for 10 months and then go through labor, some without medications, and deliver a healthy baby. That's nothing. Kody is the king of birth. He's the amazing coach.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 9

* Please tell me that someone else noticed that terribly cheesy framed photo in Robyn bedroom, with the two of them leaning against a fancy, white car, hugging in silhouette with the sunset behind them.  Yeesh.  The 90's called and they want their Glamour Shot back.

I saw it.  The cameraman must have thought it funny too, because it was in focus over and over again.  What a cheesy picture.  And what a ridiculous waste of money when you have umpteen kids.  That and the front-row seat parents was just too much to stomach.  Ugh.

• Love 3

One of the things that bothered me was Meri recalling Mariah's birth. She said that one moment, she thought she had a son, but then found out it was "just a daughter".   I found that remark sexist and offensive.

I caught that too.  Completely sexist and offensive.  What mother would ever say that?  Maybe it's just a side effect of polygamy where women are chattel.  Gross.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

You know it's really sad that these women have been so conditioned to believe that they are nothing without Kody that even when they have a baby, he is the one who is lauded. He was amazing. They couldn't have done it without him. They didn't do anything special.  They didn't carry a human life for 10 months and then go through labor, some without medications, and deliver a healthy baby. That's nothing. Kody is the king of birth. He's the amazing coach.

Sometimes I think the original wives make these ridiculous proclamations about Kody's ***awesomeness*** in an attempt to justify their sad lives and the unfulfilling relationships they have with him, both to themselves and to the viewing audience, as well.  They are trying to make it sound like he is so special, what they suffer through to get to spend every fourth night with him is worth it.  Exaggerating his good qualities is a way to feel like less of a sucker, basically.  

Despite this, I have no doubt that Meri, Janelle, and Christine have all had those moments of realization that they were saddled with a narcissistic man-child whose primary concern is his own happiness and that they deserve much better from their husband.  But their collective low self-esteem and religious indoctrination make them determined to stick it out with him (imaginary gorgeous millionaires, notwithstanding) so they perpetuate this nonsense that he is some kind of great dude.  But what he really is is a great douche.  And they know it.  How could they not? 

Apparently Robyn seems to have finally realized what a tool Kody is.  Is the bloom ever off that rose!  She mouths off to him and criticized him behind his back (and sometimes to his face).  Kody can characterize it as an "emotional disconnect" if he wants to, but I prefer to call it "sick of his ass."  It's funny Robyn doesn't seem to insist on singing Kody's praises the way the other wives do.  Maybe the tendency to lie to yourself and the world about how great Kody is takes a couple of years to develop or something.  However long it takes hope to die. 

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, beeziebee said:

I caught that too.  Completely sexist and offensive.  What mother would ever say that?  Maybe it's just a side effect of polygamy where women are chattel.  Gross.

Um, Meri? At this rate, you're not just burning that bridge between you and your daughter, you're nuking it straight to hell.

Nice job, idiot.

• Love 2

I don't think Christine was alleging that they didn't do a hospital birth because people would take their baby.  She was pointing out the contrast that now they have a choice (or more of one), that being open is a new experience for them, right down to something as important as having a baby.  And that started with Truely's birth. Most of the children were born into a situation where everything about their parentage was hush hush.  I've never heard if his name is even on their birth certificates.  The women were claiming benefits as single mothers (which they were, of course), but I don't know if Utah is the kind of state where a guy can be on the birth certificate and get away with not paying support.  Let alone live at the same address as the children the state is supporting because their father is supposedly "out of the picture."

At any rate, she was talking about how they would traditionally do home births because they didn't feel comfortable in the hospital environment, but now with being "out" either a hospital or home birth is just fine. As a poster said upthread, in some places leaving the father's space blank means social services gets involved -- that was  a very real threat to people in that fundamentalist sect mindset. Christine was the most thoroughly immersed in that paranoia, and it continues.  I think it's a step forward when she can acknowledge that things she previously feared are now safe.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Granny58 said:

So I'm finally watching this episode.  1.  If you child is not gaining wt for 6 months, you don't wait that long to figure it out!  Give her formula!!  What is the big mystery?  2.  They are on the couch discussing how quickly the babies came in the early years, and Kody chimes in "and of course Robyn has (names her kids here), although she wasn't part of the family yet.".  Well then how is it relevant?    

Because they all shoulda been together from Day One, that's why.  In Robyn's mind - and now, apparently Kody's pea-brain too - Robyn's entire pre-Kody life, including her "purity," did not really ever happen.  Robyn has basically erased the giving away of her cookie three times before Kody, and had an artistic rendering of a young Kody put in her fam'ly pictures with her kids.  It's the behavior of a sociopath, if you ask me.  She has done everything in her power to have made herself part of this family from the beginning.  That's why she frequently jumps in when the original three and Kody reminisce about the old days...she cannot stand it that they have actual memories that don't include her.  I find it very creepy.

6 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I often forget how stealthily witchy Robin is and then we get a scene where they are all on the couch talking about Kody's awesome labor coaching skills and Robin puts on her concerned face, turns to Meri and asks "are you feeling left out with all of us talking about our birth stories and you missed out?" or however she phrased it. Witch. No, Meri wasn't able to pop out a litter to help populate Kody's eternal planet but she did give birth once so don't worry, Robin, she didn't totally miss out on Kody's super special labor coaching. 

Robyn's concerned face is horrible.  She frowns to the point that the corners of her sad, downturned mouth practically touch her neck.  It's hilarious to look at.  I don't know how the other wives keep from LOL-ing themselves right off the couch when Robyn does this.

I'm with Celia Rubenstein...I have to keep the show on my DVR after watching it so I can reference the details brought up here.  I missed seeing Sol chewing on electricity, for instance.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21

I think it's a step forward when she can acknowledge that things she previously feared are now safe.

Bet she still doesn't have a homicidal toaster, though.

• Love 5
On 6/5/2016 at 9:44 PM, missy jo said:

Omg, y'all. Robyn's creepy American gothic parents at the foot of the bed! I kept imagining them holding a pitchfork. 

Perfect description!  I knew they reminded me of something, but couldn't put my finger on it. 

I've also noticed that many sister wives have a "look;" not a judgement as much as empathy, they look like they've been through hell.

• Love 2

If polygamists have home births because of legal/hospital fears, does that extend to skipping pediatrician visits?

I found that photo of Maddie disturbing. A pediatrician would suggest formula, no? Were they just going to wing it until Meri's magical milk cured her?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm with Celia Rubenstein...I have to keep the show on my DVR after watching it so I can reference the details brought up here.  I missed seeing Sol chewing on electricity, for instance.

I'm with both of you. As an only child (and a childless woman), when I'm watching the show I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that "reality." I miss the hilarious details you all so kindly post.

• Love 1

I finally caved and watched a little of it online. I couldn't take Kody. There is no freaking way I could listen to him tell me I need to get oxygen not to lock my knees. Frankly if that was a problem, that is for the midwife to do. His job is to encourage and support. I beg to differ with the sister wives, but he is a lousy coach. And those parents.. just yikes. They didn't even look excited or happy. They didn't look concerned either. I can see them not looking jolly if they thought something was wrong, but they didn't have that look either. They just looked lobotomized. 

• Love 7

I have a question. What do women who have been impregnated via sperm donation put on their baby's birth certificate?  They don't know the father's name.  Do social services swoop in on them for leaving that space blank?  Because I would think if any plyg mother was all that worried about getting hassled, couldn't she just say she went to a sperm bank?   Do they make you produce a withdrawal slip or something, lol? 

Seriously though, it seems like an easy solution, one Christine and Meri would know all about, being raised their whole lives in the plyg world and all.  I don't understand the big concern.  I think it's just more of their self-obsessed drama. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TeeMo said:

That was SO stealth. It was a dig, masquerading as sympathy. Meri actually seemed to be doing alright. And then Robyn asks that and she becomes choked up and speechless. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cheryl Marie said:

If polygamists have home births because of legal/hospital fears, does that extend to skipping pediatrician visits?

I found that photo of Maddie disturbing. A pediatrician would suggest formula, no? Were they just going to wing it until Meri's magical milk cured her?

I wondered if a pediatrician was involved as well.  My first child was very underweight and jaundiced and the doctors made me use formula with her.  It certainly didn't help my milk supply but it was hard to get her to eat at all, and she did thrive on the formula.  So why wasn't Janelle supplementing with formula?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Sometimes I think the original wives make these ridiculous proclamations about Kody's ***awesomeness*** in an attempt to justify their sad lives and the unfulfilling relationships they have with him, both to themselves and to the viewing audience, as well.  

yep, 100% agree.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, beeziebee said:

I saw it.  The cameraman must have thought it funny too, because it was in focus over and over again.  What a cheesy picture.  And what a ridiculous waste of money when you have umpteen kids.  That and the front-row seat parents was just too much to stomach.  Ugh.

It reminded me of those tacky "paintings" that dive bars & sketchy liquor stores hang on the wall, ones that beer companies give them and have rolling water effects.

• Love 2
(edited)

Much as it pains me to somewhat side with these idiots,  I can see their point about home births being easier than hospital births for polygamists.  In Utah, and a couple other areas, polygamy is such a problem that they actually had laws on the books prohibiting some co-habiting situations.  So yes, maybe now it's not a big deal, and maybe 10 years ago in Ohio or Georgia or Texas or wherever it wasn't a big deal to live together and have a child while legally single.  But in Utah, until recently, authorities actually monitored this tpye stuff. Hospitals automatically file paperwork.  Until recently, I think home births were not quite so formal with paperwork. So while I"m sure it feeds into their martyr complex and makes them feel super persecuted and special, they may have a point.  

37 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have a question. What do women who have been impregnated via sperm donation put on their baby's birth certificate?  They don't know the father's name.  Do social services swoop in on them for leaving that space blank?  Because I would think if any plyg mother was all that worried about getting hassled, couldn't she just say she went to a sperm bank?   Do they make you produce a withdrawal slip or something, lol? 

Seriously though, it seems like an easy solution, one Christine and Meri would know all about, being raised their whole lives in the plyg world and all.  I don't understand the big concern.  I think it's just more of their self-obsessed drama. 

I think it's a state to state regulation.  You can leave it blank in some states, and in some states it is automatically your husbands name, in some states the father has to supply his own name.  I think it's so you can't just say, Barack Obama/Donald Trump/Colin Farrel is the father of my baby.  Also, you can leave the birth certificate blank, but supply the father's name on other documents like WIC, Child Support, etc.

Edited by DeusExMaraschino
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, DeusExMaraschino said:

Much as it pains me to somewhat side with these idiots,  I can see their point about home births being easier than hospital births for polygamists.  In Utah, and a couple other areas, polygamy is such a problem that they actually had laws on the books prohibiting some co-habiting situations.  So yes, maybe now it's not a big deal, and maybe 10 years ago in Ohio or Georgia or Texas or wherever it wasn't a big deal to live together and have a child while legally single.  But in Utah, until recently, authorities actually monitored this tpye stuff. Hospitals automatically file paperwork.  Until recently, I think home births were not quite so formal with paperwork. So while I"m sure it feeds into their martyr complex and makes them feel super persecuted and special, they may have a point.  

I understand what you are saying. I think this kind of thinking contributed to the situation with Meri nursing Maddie.  They probably were worried about seeing a pediatrician. That was 20 years ago so things were different. Not to mention that even now pediatricians consider neglect to be one of the leading causes of failure to thrive so anyone who comes in with a FTT baby gets an automatic extra look. I'm sure they were worried about drawing that kind of attention to their family. 

I'm sure they were worried about drawing that kind of attention to their family. 

Since Kodass stops total (and entirely disinterested) strangers to drum his chest like a gorilla and loudly announce how many wives and children he has, I can't imagine that he hasn't done that from the get go.  

• Love 4

I have to go so much for Utah years ago, they're in Las Vegas now so all the old Utah stuff doesn't count.  They left there to get away from purrseecution.  They should enjoy the all benefits.  I expect it had more to do with cost and filming than any of their drummed up excuses that don't hold up in Vegas.

2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I wondered if a pediatrician was involved as well.  My first child was very underweight and jaundiced and the doctors made me use formula with her.  It certainly didn't help my milk supply but it was hard to get her to eat at all, and she did thrive on the formula.  So why wasn't Janelle supplementing with formula?

Formula costs money.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Oh they all assured us that Kody was the greatest labor coach that ever lived for all of their births. Christine said she actually told Robin to have a home birth and not "rob herself" of the opportunity to have Kody coaching her through it. Gag. Honestly I think they all go gaga for Kody's attentiveness during labor because it is probably the only time any one of them has that much of his undivided attention. They think he is some sort of superstar birth coach because they are used to him being a lousy husband. When he pays them the extra attention during labor they think it is something special because of the stark contrast with how little support they get from him the rest of the time. 

Christine and truely got their extra attention after kody finished kissing Robyn and after he finished drilling the dr about meri' s infertility issues.  I don't remember if he told everyone how many wives he had plus a girlfriend.  I noticed tlc didn't show those parts again.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Absolutely. This is why I put so much of Meri's issues (and the other women too) on Kody. He wants them at odds and competing with each other. Not only does he not help ease conflict, he helps create it.

This got me thinking...Kody just loves chaos.  4 wives, 4 houses, all the kids, his hyper personality, and as you say the conflicts he creates.  He just thrives on chaos.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cheryl Marie said:

Since the Browns tend to embellish the truth, I don't really buy that they let Maddie suffer for 6 months until Meri's Magic Milk swooped in and save the day.  I thought the whole exchange on the couch was awkward...I believe it probably happened, but Meri didn't seem thrilled to be discussing it.  I think it was just another ploy to let us silly monogamists realize just how awesome sister wives can be.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Because they all shoulda been together from Day One, that's why.  In Robyn's mind - and now, apparently Kody's pea-brain too - Robyn's entire pre-Kody life, including her "purity," did not really ever happen.  Robyn has basically erased the giving away of her cookie three times before Kody, and had an artistic rendering of a young Kody put in her fam'ly pictures with her kids.  It's the behavior of a sociopath, if you ask me.  She has done everything in her power to have made herself part of this family from the beginning.  That's why she frequently jumps in when the original three and Kody reminisce about the old days...she cannot stand it that they have actual memories that don't include her.  I find it very creepy.

Robyn's concerned face is horrible.  She frowns to the point that the corners of her sad, downturned mouth practically touch her neck.  It's hilarious to look at.  I don't know how the other wives keep from LOL-ing themselves right off the couch when Robyn does this.

Chewing on electricity....maybe that's how you get that Brown Flowy (Doc from Back to the Future) hair?

1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

Kody: "There's more than intuition here. Robyn is giving me signals. She's squeezing my hand. She's letting me know she's having a contraction.

Me: "STFU Dumbass"

OMG this is like when Lassie barks and then Timmy translates a whole paragraph, except Lassie is smarter than Kody. 

• Love 13

I thought it was weird they showed the clip again of Robyn telling Meri she would carry a baby for her. I wonder why they never followed through with that anyway? Maybe I have just forgotten.  Meri really did want more. Probably Robyn wouldn't have really carried through with it anyway. 

• Love 1