Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It goes both ways though. Luann made nasty/snarky comments about Carole as well but Carole didn't go off on Luann on twitter at first. She kept asking Luann what had changed and Luann refused to answer her. As I said, production edits conversations to fit the storyline they determine, not what the HWs determine and both Luann and Carole are well aware of that fact so there is no reason for Luann to not pick up her phone and call Carole to ask what she said/meant or to see if something was edited or out of context. The simple fact is that Luann went to war on twitter without giving Carole a chance to explain anything, Luann started the war big time, then they both kept it going.

Maybe she didn't answer  cause NOTHING changed. The only thing that changed was her willingness to handle the situation more amicably based on the idea that they were trying to work through it and yet she saw just how seriously Carole WASN'T taking it once the episodes started to air. Pretty simple deduction actually. I caught on right away.. Also why do we constantly forget that when emotions are raw rational and logical aren't usually the immediate go to reaction?? 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, to this. And it isn't like Lu just made mention of his age one time, when she made the Pedophile comment. Part of her Twitter rant last season was that it was somehow sexually deviant of Carole to be going out with someone so young. She called him a "boy", and a "child". She said the same thing at the season finale party last year when she was talking to Carole about it. Carole said he was a man and she was offended at Lu's assertion that he was a child. 

14 hours ago, Grey Goose said:

The whole name-calling thing with Luann has made me think she's just base. She is not a woman of substance, nor particularly smart.  

I don't care for Carole at all so this is not some defense of Carole.

~~~

I watched the one season of Real Housewives of DC and Luann's stunt reminds me of the WH photographer's wife and what he feel she did to his family's name.

old article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/fashion/29housewives.html?_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Fashion %26 Style&action=keypress&region=FixedLeft&pgtype=article

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Tons and tons of comments have said that Carole was just as wrong as Lu because eventually she started fighting back against the huge flood of nasty stuff that Lu was throwing at her. Tons of comments on this thread alone have said this very thing in the last week. And while I don't think it's true that the vast majority of people think calling someone a slut is anywhere near as horrendous as calling someone a Pedophile, my point is that on a forum where behavior and comments among the ladies are discussed and analyzed, it is surprising that someone being called a slut is more outrageous than someone being called a Pedophile. If we are concerned with protecting a woman's sexual decisions and not wanting her to be judged because of the decisions she makes, why aren't folks furious that a grown adult woman making her own sexual decisions is being called a Pedophile? Are women's sexual lives only to be protected if we are talking about the amount of sex they are having? And who cares if it happened off camera? It was a major point of this episode, and the discussion on this forum is about what happened on this episode. I am surprised that a person who called someone a Pedophile would ever get one ounce of sympathy. Again, Beth was wrong and that is on her, but certainly after what Lu said she deserves to have every single minute of her private life thrown around for people to mock and judge as they so desire. 

Wait, so will people decades from now also think that LuAnn was a bona fide sex worker because Bethenny called her a "whore," or does this hypothetical literalism only apply to the insults lobbed at Carole?

Carole is not just as wrong as LuAnn because she "eventually started fighting back" against Lu's barbs; she's just as wrong because she elected and continues to "fight back" - really, to perpetuate a conflict from which LuAnn has moved on - utilizing the same tactics that she decries.

I look at it this way: if a black man issued slurs against an adversary from another ethnic background, that would certainly not legitimize a third party screaming the n-word in his face. And if the slurred adversary decided to wax all "won't someone think of the children" by contextualizing their objections to those epithets within a framework of critical race theory, they should definitely make sure that they aren't cheering on those n-words shrieks and themselves making less overtly objectionable but still obliquely racist remarks.

Carole's greatest intellectual failing - and thus her greatest failing in general since she seems to fancy and promote herself as an intellectual - is this myopia vis-à-vis her own contradictions. If LuAnn's diction and use of words like "boy" are part and parcel of the "pedophile" salvo, what on earth were Carole's blog disquisitions last year about "the skinny-dipping plus incident . . . with a "young boy" . . . not much older than her own son" in which LuAnn supposedly participated per the claims of Carole herself and Heather?

Carole devoted a not insignificant amount of proverbial ink to lamenting the misogyny of her cast mates. Lu, of course, was ostensibly the most emblematic example of this but as innocuous a personality as Jules, too, was a mantle-bearer of woman-hate because she referenced the age of Carole and the other women.

But Carole, it seems, has carte blanche to comment upon Jule's physical appearance and body type; isolate biological features over which LuAnn has no control as a means of degradation (and she did that not only this season but waayyy before Adam ever entered their lives); giggle about how "Lu will go with anyone"; and, naturally, applaud Bethenny's textbook misogynistic rage blackouts.

When LuAnn also took her own stab at humiliating Carole by noting that Adam was "Sonja young," Carole co-signed the intimation that there is some moral distinction between 28 and 24 with her hissed reply. Where were and are the women and gender studies considerations of misogyny and sexism when it comes to her own behavior, assertions, and ideology?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Wait, so will people decades from now also think that LuAnn was a bona fide sex worker because Bethenny called her a "whore," or does this hypothetical literalism only apply to the insults lobbed at Carole?

Carole is not just as wrong as LuAnn because she "eventually started fighting back" against Lu's barbs; she's just as wrong because she elected and continues to "fight back" - really, to perpetuate a conflict from which LuAnn has moved on - utilizing the same tactics that she decries.

I look at it this way: if a black man issued slurs against an adversary from another ethnic background, that would certainly not legitimize a third party screaming the n-word in his face. And if the slurred adversary decided to wax all "won't someone think of the children" by contextualizing their objections to those epithets within a framework of critical race theory, they should definitely make sure that they aren't cheering on those n-words shrieks and themselves making less overtly objectionable but still obliquely racist remarks.

Carole's greatest intellectual failing - and thus her greatest failing in general since she seems to fancy and promote herself as an intellectual - is this myopia vis-à-vis her own contradictions. If LuAnn's diction and use of words like "boy" are part and parcel of the "pedophile" salvo, what on earth were Carole's blog disquisitions last year about "the skinny-dipping plus incident . . . with a "young boy" . . . not much older than her own son" in which LuAnn supposedly participated per the claims of Carole herself and Heather?

Carole devoted a not insignificant amount of proverbial ink to lamenting the misogyny of her cast mates. Lu, of course, was ostensibly the most emblematic example of this but as innocuous a personality as Jules, too, was a mantle-bearer of woman-hate because she referenced the age of Carole and the other women.

But Carole, it seems, has carte blanche to comment upon Jule's physical appearance and body type; isolate biological features over which LuAnn has no control as a means of degradation (and she did that not only this season but waayyy before Adam ever entered their lives); giggle about how "Lu will go with anyone"; and, naturally, applaud Bethenny's textbook misogynistic rage blackouts.

When LuAnn also took her own stab at humiliating Carole by noting that Adam was "Sonja young," Carole co-signed the intimation that there is some moral distinction between 28 and 24 with her hissed reply. Where were and are the women and gender studies considerations of misogyny and sexism when it comes to her own behavior, assertions, and ideology?

For what it's worth IMO, both Luann and Carole were/are wrong. They both have taken things too far. They both owe each other sincere apologies and I don't think either will actually give one. Luann was wrong to start a twitter war, Carole was wrong to engage in it and both are wrong to keep it going, I don't think Luann has really moved past this despite what she claims on the show, I think she fears Carole's friendship/closeness with Bethenny more than feels bad about her part in this battle. Seriously, they need to move beyond Adamgate and Luann's sex life, there are other more interesting things to discuss. LOL

1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Maybe she didn't answer  cause NOTHING changed. The only thing that changed was her willingness to handle the situation more amicably based on the idea that they were trying to work through it and yet she saw just how seriously Carole WASN'T taking it once the episodes started to air. Pretty simple deduction actually. I caught on right away.. Also why do we constantly forget that when emotions are raw rational and logical aren't usually the immediate go to reaction?? 

Then she needed to tell Carole that in person or on the phone, not on SM, especially since she kept changing why she was upset to begin with. And again, Luann acted badly on camera, not just Carole.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Um, no  I said it was a lowball thing to say, but you chose not to quote that. While I would never say that & I do think it was extremely nasty of Lu to say in the first place, as I said before, it's a completely baseless accusation.  It's simply untrue & based on nothing.  To me, it's a juvenile, thoughtless & ridiculous put-down and not anymore than that.

Now, the slut-shaming OTOH is based on actual behavior of Lu's.  Is it any more or less nasty than calling Carole a pedophile?  They're both nasty as hell to say.  My point is, Carole's hands are not clean here.  She's trying to act high & mighty and above it all.  She's not.  She got in the mud just like Lu -- by continuing to slut-shame Lu & probably even encouraging Bethenny to do the same.  

I think this endless slut-shaming of Lu is very, very ugly.  To me, Carole is every bit as nasty & lowball as Lu.  And Carole is just as much of a phony & hypocrit as Lu is, despite her insistence that she isn't & her whining about being a victim or target of Lu.  Carole attacks just as much as she has been attacked.  I still have zero sympathy for her whining about Lu attacking her.

That said, Lu does owe Carole a real apology for calling her a pedophile.  Not a Moaner "I'm-sorry-you-were-offended" apology.  But a real apology.  And you know something, Carole?  You ain't above it all, hun.  You need to stop with this freakin' non-stop slut-shaming of Lu, Carole.  And tell your palsy walsy, whose butthole you're living in right now, to cut it the fuck out too.

Sheesh, bring on Bethenny's health scare already.  Maybe that'll give us a break from this non-stop onslaught of nastiness?  Maybe?  Please, Satan Andy, please?

I almost feel like it is becoming a game.  Let's see what we can get to apologize for and how far we can push them to try and keep filming.

Between Sonja being excluded and the crucifixion of the countess (per Dorinda) there seems to be this feeling  Bethenny brings with  division and exiling of those she does not care for.  Season 3 it was Kelly and of course Jill (due to the fact Jill would not talk it out and thought she knew how to make great TV) but this is just calling someone out because they are supporting someone Bethenny has said she is done with. (Sonja).

This is the second season where Carole insists on being a victim over something said about her.  Surely, Carole can't take pedophile anymore seriously that a certain RH who called others, I believe Aviva , a motherfvcker.  Does anyone really think Aviva truly was bleeping her mother?  The ghost writer was a little close to home but geez suck it up and keep the band together.  I can't imagine anything more boring than more watermelon radishes or ki'ns.  Although the kittes were cute but merely props brought in to make Carole more interesting. 

• Love 3

Carole can be mad if she wants to be.  I would be, were I in her shoes.  It's not just the disgusting pedophile comment, Luann was throwing a lot of shit around about them on Twitter.  Aside from that, remember that feeling when you are falling in love, it's pretty overwhelmingly joyful, and when it happens as an adult, also has a fair amount of "I hope this works out" and there was Luann just continuing to harass them.  Luann was really relentless on twitter with the insults to Carole, age shaming, really pretty vile.

Had she sincerely apologized instead of giggled her way through it with texts and Ramona (of all people!) then still, Carole could choose to accept it or not.  Just because someone says "I'm sorry" doesn't mean you are going to trust that person or want to be around them.  That may be how Carole and Bethenny became closer in the off season.  I can picture Carole calling the more experienced cast member and asking "WTF?"  That question could have easily reminded Bethenny of the shit Luann put her through and turned into a bitch fest. 

We've all done that, bitched about a coworker with another coworker, vented, tried to figure out what her deal is, or how to deal with her.  By the time they were filming, it seems that some of that has spilled over to filming, which is great for us.  An actual real disagreement, not some made up crap. 

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Then she needed to tell Carole that in person or on the phone, not on SM, especially since she kept changing why she was upset to begin with. And again, Luann acted badly on camera, not just Carole.

But she didn't and here we are.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Um, no  I said it was a lowball thing to say, but you chose not to quote that. While I would never say that & I do think it was extremely nasty of Lu to say in the first place, as I said before, it's a completely baseless accusation.  It's simply untrue & based on nothing.  To me, it's a juvenile, thoughtless & ridiculous put-down and not anymore than that.

Now, the slut-shaming OTOH is based on actual behavior of Lu's.  Is it any more or less nasty than calling Carole a pedophile?  They're both nasty as hell to say.  My point is, Carole's hands are not clean here.  She's trying to act high & mighty and above it all.  She's not.  She got in the mud just like Lu -- by continuing to slut-shame Lu & probably even encouraging Bethenny to do the same.  

I think this endless slut-shaming of Lu is very, very ugly.  To me, Carole is every bit as nasty & lowball as Lu.  And Carole is just as much of a phony & hypocrit as Lu is, despite her insistence that she isn't & her whining about being a victim or target of Lu.  Carole attacks just as much as she has been attacked.  I still have zero sympathy for her whining about Lu attacking her.

That said, Lu does owe Carole a real apology for calling her a pedophile.  Not a Moaner "I'm-sorry-you-were-offended" apology.  But a real apology.  And you know something, Carole?  You ain't above it all, hun.  You need to stop with this freakin' non-stop slut-shaming of Lu, Carole.  And tell your palsy walsy, whose butthole you're living in right now, to cut it the fuck out too.

Sheesh, bring on Bethenny's health scare already.  Maybe that'll give us a break from this non-stop onslaught of nastiness?  Maybe?  Please, Satan Andy, please?

I think you summed it up well. I think those who are calling out Carole are not advocating that what Luann has said isn't bad - Luann's pedophile comment was not a genuine slander against Carole because the actualities of the situation wouldn't allow it. The comment was meant to humiliate her and it was horrible of Luann to say that. That doesn't excuse any of other nasty things that Carole has lobbed back Luann's way. In fact, my particular issue with Carole in this situation is not that she's fighting the nasty with nasty (though she continues to do so while Luann has moved on from it), it's that she's calling out Luann for being a hypocrite while Carole sits there condemning Luann for the shaming commentary she's made about her. If you're going to act as if you're above that behaviour, don't participate in that exact type of behaviour in the next breath. Carole doesn't get a pass for her behaviour because Luann started it. This isn't recess on the playground, that doesn't fly here. If you are offended by the way you're being treated, reciprocating in the same fashion is not the only means of a response available to you. Carole is not some helpless child that had no choice but to be nasty back at Luann. They're both at fault and Luann needs to check herself if she thinks that apology for calling her a pedophile is going to cut it. Luann's intent may not have been to actually convince people that Carole is a pedophile, but her intent was to insult and humiliate her and however way Luann wants to look at it, a real apology is in order. Carole is not above the apologies either. If she's being fair and honest with herself, she'd see that she owes an apology as well...or at the very least, stop shaming someone if you are going to complain about someone trying to shame you.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Carole can be mad if she wants to be.  I would be, were I in her shoes.  It's not just the disgusting pedophile comment, Luann was throwing a lot of shit around about them on Twitter.  Aside from that, remember that feeling when you are falling in love, it's pretty overwhelmingly joyful, and when it happens as an adult, also has a fair amount of "I hope this works out" and there was Luann just continuing to harass them.  Luann was really relentless on twitter with the insults to Carole, age shaming, really pretty vile.

Had she sincerely apologized instead of giggled her way through it with texts and Ramona (of all people!) then still, Carole could choose to accept it or not.  Just because someone says "I'm sorry" doesn't mean you are going to trust that person or want to be around them.  That may be how Carole and Bethenny became closer in the off season.  I can picture Carole calling the more experienced cast member and asking "WTF?"  That question could have easily reminded Bethenny of the shit Luann put her through and turned into a bitch fest. 

We've all done that, bitched about a coworker with another coworker, vented, tried to figure out what her deal is, or how to deal with her.  By the time they were filming, it seems that some of that has spilled over to filming, which is great for us.  An actual real disagreement, not some made up crap. 

But aren't you tired of it tho? Does it really have to drag on? I think one of the biggest things is that what it boils down to is two women had a falling out. One isn't so eager to move forward regardless whether she has cause or not (no trying to start a debate about that just making a point) and the other isn't succeeding in getting back into her good graces so now what? I mean at this point everyone is up to speed on what happen. Who's mad about what. why emotions got heated. How much fighting was involved. Etc. etc. etc. There's nothing left but to move forward. Whether it be mad, sad, pissed or not but take whatever emotions that are the end result and MOVE THE FUCK ON already.  This is a ridiculous set up and it's annoying. They work together, that can be agreed upon. They know they have to be in each others company so I mean all this unnecessary angst over being in each others presence is so pathetic. Basically what we are seeing now is the business aspect of the show. It's about trying to get the other one willing to film or make sure the conflict doesn't grow enough where the other HW's are invested enough to take sides. It's about trying to mend it enough so that the divide doesn't gain momentum and turn into an ice out. I don't want to keep hearing about the same old grievances. And I don't want to see a show that is blatantly showing the wives strategize over how to keep their apple for next season.  If I wanted to see survivor, I'd watch survivor.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

But she didn't and here we are.

Sadly, we are. LOL If only Luann and Carole had taken the time to talk off camera and off SM, we might have been spared this idiotic behavior from both. LOL 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

NO!!  Don't make things worse. Bethenny said a lot of things but she never said  Luann screwed Adam.. She said Luann had screwed a 25 year old guy and given her friend shit about (Adam).  Adam is now 30 on the show. :-)  Adam ages two years annually.

I thought that said, "Adam ages two years anally".

Wah-wah-waaaaahhhhhhhhh

• Love 1

Now, if TPTB decided to introduce a new HW that attacked both carole and luann, they'd both unite to try and vanquish the newcomer.

In ANY franchise is HW against HW, until some outside force unites them - Super House Wife Power - frenemies no more!!!!

The luann/carole beef is nothing more than two people trying to 'stake a claim' over some young, dumb, bobo who cooks?

Revising an old joke here....

What do you call a personal chef without a girlfriend?

Homeless.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ladle said:

Was anyone able to catch what was written in the text before the one Luann sent Carole?  Something about Andy's show? 

I read it, I will have to go back and check it verbatim but it said something like maybe you could call it in, but that is your call/up to you. I am certain it said "have a great weekend!" from carole to Lu  which sounds friendly to me. Maybe they are playing up this fight for us, the text seemed friendly enough. Of course it could have been the last text they shared. Circa 2013. 

• Love 1

Luann had Girl Code coming out as a single, so she needed to be really mad at Carole and Heather to sell records.  I don't think she really gave a shit about Carole dating Adam until Carole gave "zero fucks" about Luann's niece's feelings.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Sadly, we are. LOL If only Luann and Carole had taken the time to talk off camera and off SM, we might have been spared this idiotic behavior from both. LOL 

For two seasons it has been kind of the same storyline, for whatever reason these RH think you can escape unscathed after disparaging a woman's choice in partners.  Be it for the right now, a long term committed relationship, or marriage, it doesn't take a genius to figure out  you will never be right, it will must likely greatly impact the relationship with the RH whose partner you disparaged, and to it is always impolite. (Brooks Ayers being the exception.)

Apparently, Bethenny never learns and thinks John is fair game, and any man Luann has come in contact with, I am sure Adam has learned that Bethenny invented natural, healthy cooking and chefing, but I am a little surprised at Carole with the comments about Luann just banging someone after she blasted Luann for getting in her love life.  I have always thought Carole has placed herself in a higher place and knew better than to objectify these men because she is angry with their present partner.   I know she has slapped around a Kennedy after his ex-wife committed suicide him commenting about the deceased state of mind.  (In the RH world apparently Carole knows everything including what others experience in their marriage better than they do.)  This just seems unCarole like and Luann up until her Adam blunder was pretty cool about other RH husbands unless they attacked her. 

I will say Bethenny holds the record though as out the gate she made a nasty comment about Jules' husband looks, picked on John and compared Tom to Harry Dubin. 

I am posted this blog from Dorinda from the second episode-I think her stance has proven correct  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-i-know-what  Of interest is Dorinda calling Bethenny out on misrepresenting the facts. Apparently, Dorinda and John went to one two day party at Bethenny's home and it was their only trip to the Hamptons that summer.  I bring this up because Bethenny claims of a friend (probably a gossip columnist) claiming to have not only seen Luann and Tom at the Mark Hotel, but overheard their conversation, saw Luann roll up on and straddle Tom and take Tom home and 'fvck him'. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Will see if I can get both pro-Beth and anti-Beth to get a giggle.  :D   Took this from allabouttrh who took it from Bravo.

a-4.gif?resize=500%2C281

Methenny was sure she was dealing with a fucking asshole, then she realized she was looking into a mirror.......

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

But aren't you tired of it tho? Does it really have to drag on? I think one of the biggest things is that what it boils down to is two women had a falling out. One isn't so eager to move forward regardless whether she has cause or not (no trying to start a debate about that just making a point) and the other isn't succeeding in getting back into her good graces so now what? I mean at this point everyone is up to speed on what happen. Who's mad about what. why emotions got heated. How much fighting was involved. Etc. etc. etc. There's nothing left but to move forward. Whether it be mad, sad, pissed or not but take whatever emotions that are the end result and MOVE THE FUCK ON already.  This is a ridiculous set up and it's annoying. They work together, that can be agreed upon. They know they have to be in each others company so I mean all this unnecessary angst over being in each others presence is so pathetic. Basically what we are seeing now is the business aspect of the show. It's about trying to get the other one willing to film or make sure the conflict doesn't grow enough where the other HW's are invested enough to take sides. It's about trying to mend it enough so that the divide doesn't gain momentum and turn into an ice out. I don't want to keep hearing about the same old grievances. And I don't want to see a show that is blatantly showing the wives strategize over how to keep their apple for next season.  If I wanted to see survivor, I'd watch survivor.

Not really. 

Have you seen a Real Housewives Show before?  ;~)  This is what they do, or hope for, actual conflict, and if they don't have it?  They'll make it up (ala RHBH) I don't see anything wrong about some coworkers rubbing you the wrong way, especially when booze is freely flowing at their job.  At least we are getting a season where the conflicts that do exist, or are happening live (Dorinda's boozy ways) are real. With Sonja/Ramona/Bethenny/Luann it's richer because they've all got long histories together.  With Carole, it's because Luann went batshit crazy on and off camera about her for months.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I have to hand it to the NYC ladies - we're just a day away from a new episode and the conversation about last week's episode is still going strong, lol.

Yup.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

For two seasons it has been kind of the same storyline, for whatever reason these RH think you can escape unscathed after disparaging a woman's choice in partners.  Be it for the right now, a long term committed relationship, or marriage, it doesn't take a genius to figure out  you will never be right, it will must likely greatly impact the relationship with the RH whose partner you disparaged, and to it is always impolite. (Brooks Ayers being the exception.)

Apparently, Bethenny never learns and thinks John is fair game, and any man Luann has come in contact with, I am sure Adam has learned that Bethenny invented natural, healthy cooking and chefing, but I am a little surprised at Carole with the comments about Luann just banging someone after she blasted Luann for getting in her love life.  I have always thought Carole has placed herself in a higher place and knew better than to objectify these men because she is angry with their present partner.   I know she has slapped around a Kennedy after his ex-wife committed suicide him commenting about the deceased state of mind.  (In the RH world apparently Carole knows everything including what others experience in their marriage better than they do.)  This just seems unCarole like and Luann up until her Adam blunder was pretty cool about other RH husbands unless they attacked her. 

I will say Bethenny holds the record though as out the gate she made a nasty comment about Jules' husband looks, picked on John and compared Tom to Harry Dubin. 

I am posted this blog from Dorinda from the second episode-I think her stance has proven correct  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-i-know-what  Of interest is Dorinda calling Bethenny out on misrepresenting the facts. Apparently, Dorinda and John went to one two day party at Bethenny's home and it was their only trip to the Hamptons that summer.  I bring this up because Bethenny claims of a friend (probably a gossip columnist) claiming to have not only seen Luann and Tom at the Mark Hotel, but overheard their conversation, saw Luann roll up on and straddle Tom and take Tom home and 'fvck him'. 

Sadly, talking smack about each others "partners" seems to be part and parcel of the HWs shows across the entire franchise and it really does need to stop unless the guy does something outrageous on camera.

I find Dorinda's willingness to forgive any and all that Bethenny has said about John unfathomable. She couldn't get past the silly arguments she had with Heather, that were just between them and not involving Hannah/John but forgives Bethenny's nasty/questionable/hurtful comments about them time and time again. Dorinda wants to keep her Apple planted firmly in her grasp more than anything, including kissing up to Bethenny at the expense of her loved ones. NUTS! LOL

11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Not really. 

Have you seen a Real Housewives Show before?  ;~)  This is what they do, or hope for, actual conflict, and if they don't have it?  They'll make it up (ala RHBH) I don't see anything wrong about some coworkers rubbing you the wrong way, especially when booze is freely flowing at their job.  At least we are getting a season where the conflicts that do exist, or are happening live (Dorinda's boozy ways) are real. With Sonja/Ramona/Bethenny/Luann it's richer because they've all got long histories together.  With Carole, it's because Luann went batshit crazy on and off camera about her for months.

Yup.

Many of the conflicts on NY this season have happened/started off camera, during their hiatus, John/blue pill/business/Hannah comment/Luann/Carole/pedophile comment/continued twitter battle/Sonja/Ramona/Luann/Tom. There is a lot of missing info this season, much like the "manipulation" battle on BH this season. And, we see nothing of Bethenny's real life that might explain her OTT behavior. I also question exactly how "close" Ramona/Dorinda, Luann/Dorinda or even Sonja/Ramona were before they came on the show. I think they knew each other (were "friendly") but I doubt they were "close" friends, especially since most had never been to the others NY apartments and/or their vacation homes before joining show.

I want to know why Bethenny froze Sonja out during the summer, why wasn't she invited to Bethenny's beach house like all the others (except newbie Jules) were. Something happened after the reunion was filmed last season and before cameras started filming this season, something they aren't talking about and I wonder what it is.

• Love 4

I was thinking about Morocco this morning (S4, worst season ever, IMO) and how, for all her squawking about Dorinda being a poor hostess for not reining Bethenny in, LuAnn wasn't a great hostess herself. There was a LOT of conflict on that trip, some of it involving LuAnn and Ramona, but others (Jill vs. Ramona, Cindy vs. Sonja, Alex vs. the Brunettes). I remember LuAnn coolly sending Ramona and Alex away from the dinner table and snapping about Ramona's punctuality. I don't remember her trying to get everyone together and to get beyond their clique mentalities.

I have to hand it to the NYC ladies - we're just a day away from a new episode and the conversation about last week's episode is still going strong, lol.

I'm psyched because so many HW shows devolve into that "eh, I'll catch it On Demand later on" stage. This has become "must watch in real time" again.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Not really. 

Yup.

But it's not even a conflict. In the case of Lu it's about an elephant in the room that's been beat to death from last season on back. The era of The Countess, The Snake, Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes. Look I'm not interested in hearing about butt hurt feelings over Lu from season 3 or 1 or when Alex McCord flashed her va jay jay or even from as recent as last season if the one that's addressing it AIN'T Carole. And no I don't mean Carole whining about it I mean ADDRESSING it and moving on or even creating a new exchange and comedy of errors that can be snarked on. But this whole forcefully recycling old grievances against Lu when people had their chance to do it IN REAL TIME on camera or off is just spinning the timelines and making me dizzy. Trying to make me hate on a character from season 3 when the current version is floating around giving zero fucks and having a grand old time hardly exhibiting any more of those faux paus just makes the episodes take on a wonderland quality that makes one feel as if they are falling down a rabbit hole. Adamgate is a  wrap and if it isn't a wrap then add more material to the mix, as in have a NEW maybe even productive conversation about the problem so that we've got something new to see and have an opinion about otherwise change the subject and move on. Basically my point is that there is no new ground to cover on the matter because Carole refuses to engage in any interaction at all so in my opinion the issue is dead in the water due to them reaching an impasse. Nothing left to do but a fork in it at this point. And since it seems that Tom isn't the only leftovers being served up in NY this season I'm honestly beginning to lose my appetite

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

I disagree.

Feelings don't just go away magically because time has passed, and honestly, not that much time has passed since Luann went on her bizarre, insulting, tirades.  What we are seeing now is honest dislike, for good reasons, between both of them, and that DOES impact how they treat each other going forward. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sadly, talking smack about each others "partners" seems to be part and parcel of the HWs shows across the entire franchise and it really does need to stop unless the guy does something outrageous on camera.

I find Dorinda's willingness to forgive any and all that Bethenny has said about John unfathomable. She couldn't get past the silly arguments she had with Heather, that were just between them and not involving Hannah/John but forgives Bethenny's nasty/questionable/hurtful comments about them time and time again. Dorinda wants to keep her Apple planted firmly in her grasp more than anything, including kissing up to Bethenny at the expense of her loved ones. NUTS! LOL

Many of the conflicts on NY this season have happened/started off camera, during their hiatus, John/blue pill/business/Hannah comment/Luann/Carole/pedophile comment/continued twitter battle/Sonja/Ramona/Luann/Tom. There is a lot of missing info this season, much like the "manipulation" battle on BH this season. And, we see nothing of Bethenny's real life that might explain her OTT behavior. I also question exactly how "close" Ramona/Dorinda, Luann/Dorinda or even Sonja/Ramona were before they came on the show. I think they knew each other (were "friendly") but I doubt they were "close" friends, especially since most had never been to the others NY apartments and/or their vacation homes before joining show.

I want to know why Bethenny froze Sonja out during the summer, why wasn't she invited to Bethenny's beach house like all the others (except newbie Jules) were. Something happened after the reunion was filmed last season and before cameras started filming this season, something they aren't talking about and I wonder what it is.

I have always wondered how Adam felt and lo and behold Bravo posted an interview.  So now Carole can' t put words in Adam's mouth, he has had his say and he behaved like a gentleman. He obviously doesn't take the pedophile comment seriously. Over and move forward.  Mario use to fight with the ladies (Jill and Luann) and I think everyone kind of felt like he proved what a pompous ass he could be.  Jill told Simon off a time or two for associating with the blogger who had the, "I Hate Jill Zarin", site.  I have often wondered if Dorinda says one thing off camera about John leading Ramona and Bethenny to believe she doesn't want him or the two of them just want her single so they can show the world more guys like them than Dorinda.  (Might backfire.)  Dorinda seems to take care of business in her blogs when it comes  to Bethenny and her rudeness.   Bethenny did acknowledge her rudeness by apologizing for shitting all over Dorinda's party.  (Two years in a row-someone needs to stop the madness.)

They filmed the Reunion last year in late July or August so it is not as if a tremendous amount of time had passed between seeing each other.  Sonja did say she declined Bethenny's invitation because she had her daughter. Maybe Sonja did not want to give Bethenny any ammunition.  See the blog I posted from Dorinda about attending one event at Bethenny's over the summer.  Sonja does go to Europe in the summer. Bethenny's OTT behavior is as Martha Stewart described Bethenny a "show off".  Bethenny was busy filming with RHOBH in early August and she sure didn't want Luann anywhere near that action.  I think all the RHOBH would have loved to have joined Rinna in the early getaway as Bethenny is about the worst host ever. 

Dorinda and Luann described their friendship and how they met, it always sounded to me like they were comfortable with each other socially.  Dorinda does not have a great house for entertaining and who would want to go to Ramona's?  I agree I don't think they were super close but I believe the same behavior before RH also takes place after the cameras are put away.  I am almost certain no one wants to be around Bethenny in the off season except Ramona and perhaps Carole.

I believe what they are not talking about is exactly how  Bethenny blew off Luann. Something tells me the Countess got her feelings hurt and perhaps overshared prior to being spurned by Bethenny.

20 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I disagree.

Feelings don't just go away magically because time has passed, and honestly, not that much time has passed since Luann went on her bizarre, insulting, tirades.  What we are seeing now is honest dislike, for good reasons, between both of them, and that DOES impact how they treat each other going forward. 

Luann's and Carole's back and forth with some Heather thrown in had absolutely zero to do with Bethenny and she seems to be the enraged one.  I don't think you can send out mixed messages and have Luann as a guest twice on your talk show, hang out with her with only a talking head reference to what happened five years ago, spend a season apparently enjoying her company and then all of a sudden decide, that you hate the woman again.  Bethenny didn't seem to have any qualms with Luann after the Reunion last year and wrote her last blog in August. Luann and Carole's battles took place before the Reunion taped.  Bethenny claimed to be Switzerland over Ramona's naked man. It was Ramona not Luann who forgot to show the man out or find a ride for him, not Luann. 

I guess when someone pounds their chest about being honest and uses seven year old examples of how the person is now acting contrary to what they did seven years ago it becomes baffling and not all that honest.  I think the oh so honest Bethenny, from the Adam/Carole situation (Adam has no hard feelings according to an interview today) to the Luann/Tom situation needs to take a step back and ask how does any of it involve her?  Bethenny loves being the center of attention and doesn't care who she uses or whose gathering she destroys as long as all eyes are on her.  She is beginning to act like Ramona and if she keeps excluding RH from her events or refuse to attend theirs she will have morphed into Jill Zarin.  Luann at this point as said very little in the way of hurtful things to Bethenny, so Bethenny can't use that as an excuse.

• Love 3

Adam is not about to get down in the dirt and say something bad in an interview, he's building a career.  Also, he knows Carole can handle her own life, and fight her own battles.  She's not interested in the "Knight in shining armor defending her honor" crap. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Again, it's a fourth wall thing. Bethenny, IMO, found it fake that LuAnn -- who doesn't hang out with her during the offseason all that much -- so desperately wanted to come to the BH party not because she wants to spend time with Bethenny or is close to any of the BH ladies, but because she would have been on camera (and as others pointed out, maybe even getting a paycheck). LuAnn is hurt by this and thinks Bethenny is getting too big for her skinny britches and isn't helping an RH sister out.

If the editors would insert a screencap of LuAnn blasting Carole on Twitter last year, their storyline would make a lot more sense. Not every viewer reads the blogs, follows the HWs on social media, or frequents sites about these shows (like us awesome people!).

Edited by JakeyJokes
Didn't need to say "all that much" twice
  • Love 9
(edited)

Yeah, Luann is just oozing desperation this season.  She looks rough, maybe the budget cutbacks now that she's not getting child support have cut into her beauty budget, or maybe the booze and cigs are finally taking their toll?

I hope this guy she's engaged to isn't just another fame-ho wanting to be on the show, and is actually in love with her.  After making the *dating* rounds with a few of the other cast-members though, you kind of do wonder...

What do we know about him?

My favorite countess was with Jacques, she was having fun, obviously adored him, was finally letting her hair down and showing her true face.  Then the whole drunken pirate thing and lies to him on the phone (all on camera!) shot the first torpedoes into their happy little ship.  I think that was the damage that let in the other issues, he wanted kids, he was younger that finally sunk them. 

She's a frivolous little thing now, married money, doesn't work other than the show, was able to live fairly large with her serial marrying and cheating husband for a while, until he found another younger, fresher replacement.  She handled that so well, kept most of her dignity, was really having so much fun with her life.  Autotuned or not, her songs were catchy and fun, she found love.  Then she blew it all up on that island, and now, faced with an even greater reduction in available cash, seemed to panic or maybe just drink more than usual.  I mean seriously, what else could possibly explain those gutter-fighter tweets? 

She is now coping with that aftermath, and frankly, the aftermath of the way she treated Ramona and Bethenny in her holier-than-thou countess days.  How the mighty have fallen.

Still?  I wish her the best, I hope she can find happiness and at least security enough to budget back in facials and botox.  I'd like to see the Luann we saw with Jacques (pre-pirate.)  Drop the pretenses and just being herself, not this desperate, selfish, and un-self aware shrew.  I think she has a really fun side, and frankly, if she had the money, I think she'd prefer to stay single and party down.  She doesn't, so the husband is needed, I'm not convinced it's what she really wants though.  She likes sex!  So what?  That's a GOOD thing!  If she had just owned that I think a few other cast-members would have been envious.  "I cum every time darling, if you did, perhaps you'd like sex and variety too!"

Also, this woman did have the backbone to create herself.  She became a nurse.  She took off to Europe to model, and got a pretty good gig as a television host before she landed the multi-married count.  She showed gumption, and I'd like to see her get that back, instead of just marrying security.  She's fascinating really, on several levels.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Adam is not about to get down in the dirt and say something bad in an interview, he's building a career.  Also, he knows Carole can handle her own life, and fight her own battles.  She's not interested in the "Knight in shining armor defending her honor" crap. 

Well he had his chance and in the event he later says something different he will be a part of the ever growing hypocrite club.  The way it works is when faced with the tough questions, you tell the truth, you don't get a do over because you were uncomfortable.

How do we know whether or not Carole wants Adam to defend her?  All she has said is Adam doesn't want to be around Luann and made it sound very ominous.  Apparently when asked, he has no hard feelings and in fact respects Luann.  I wonder who is telling the truth?  Adam or Carole?  I do think it is the right thing to do as Adam should not have any ill-will toward Luann and her family.  The good thing about it is Carole is given an easy out and gets to let the world see Adam as a good person.

• Love 2
(edited)

Is it just me or does LuAnn mostly look gorgeous this season?  I've watched this episode 3 times (...yes, problems, I've got 'em) and in the scene where she's trying to figure out Doro's reasoning about the cake, she looks really amazing.  Body, face, hair, all of it.  I'm sure her voice is permanently weakened by the smoking and the style of her wavy-haired-look-TH, I see it's a little funky.  But in the same lighting, Ramona and Dorinda look, and I'm actually sorry to write it, quite a bit older than Lu, and Carole was like WOAH when she got to Dorinda's house.  Bethenny has looked dreadful this episode, and it's of course enhanced by her vile behavior and cokey plastic-titted insanity but STILL.  Crazy scary in the face.  (And honestly - and it hurts to say this because I wish I had way better hair - LuAnn's hair naturally is almost immeasurably better than Bethenny's, who truly did need to go shorter to obscure some patchess and offset the El Greco quality of her eyes.  Lu has mega-thick hair which still takes color beautifully - no weird reds, it looks soft and full.  It's enviable.  It's not Kenya Moore/Joyce Ohoeven crazy good, but it's fantastic nonetheless to me.)

I just don't see LuAnn as desperate or looking bad and she is far from my favorite Ho.  She was blessed with enduring good looks IMO - she looks great in those flashbacks, and great today, and her build is fabulous.  (I am sick and fucking tired of the very tired 'LuMan' isms from Carole and Ramona, neither of whom would be first draw in MANY people's estimations were they actually forced to be compared to her.)

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I disagree.

Fine! But Carole is not addressing it in a productive way is my point.. I am not interested in watching a grown woman pout about it all fucking season.. It's also a job and right now I'm watching a woman whine about her job. Shit I could go into a chipotle and see hard workers pushing through their $8 hout job with more fucking stamina and grace than Carole the 5/6 figure earning mope who makes money just going about her fucking day chilling with ki'ens and millenia chefs!! I don't care if she's still mad. Fine but then do something about it or move on.  Every other option is juvenile and unacceptable and absolutely worthy of snark. Point. Blank. Period.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann's and Carole's back and forth with some Heather thrown in had absolutely zero to do with Bethenny and she seems to be the enraged one.  I don't think you can send out mixed messages and have Luann as a guest twice on your talk show, hang out with her with only a talking head reference to what happened five years ago, spend a season apparently enjoying her company and then all of a sudden decide, that you hate the woman again.  Bethenny didn't seem to have any qualms with Luann after the Reunion last year and wrote her last blog in August. Luann and Carole's battles took place before the Reunion taped.  Bethenny claimed to be Switzerland over Ramona's naked man. It was Ramona not Luann who forgot to show the man out or find a ride for him, not Luann. 

I guess when someone pounds their chest about being honest and uses seven year old examples of how the person is now acting contrary to what they did seven years ago it becomes baffling and not all that honest.  I think the oh so honest Bethenny, from the Adam/Carole situation (Adam has no hard feelings according to an interview today) to the Luann/Tom situation needs to take a step back and ask how does any of it involve her?  Bethenny loves being the center of attention and doesn't care who she uses or whose gathering she destroys as long as all eyes are on her.  She is beginning to act like Ramona and if she keeps excluding RH from her events or refuse to attend theirs she will have morphed into Jill Zarin.  Luann at this point as said very little in the way of hurtful things to Bethenny, so Bethenny can't use that as an excuse.

I honestly don't think the Carole/Luann fight is the main cause of Bethenny going off on Luann at Dorinda's sleepover, I fully believe it has more to do with Luann defending Sonja than anything else. Something happened between Bethenny/Sonja before filming began this season, over the summer and I suspect it was that Bethenny found out about Sonja/Tipsy Girl from Ramona not long after the reunion.

Someone above, sorry I forgot who, said that Sonja claims that the reason she didn't attend Bethenny's BD party was because of her daughter but Ramona out that as a lie by reminding Sonja (and telling us) that Bethenny did not invite her to begin with. Bethenny, herself, has said that she did not see or speak to Sonja at all over their hiatus even though she did every single other returning HW, so logic says that something happened before filming began between the 2. My gut says it is the TG battle and that Luann stayed with and filmed with Sonja while the rest cut back on filming with her suggests that this is Bethenny's real issue with Luann. In other words, she feels that Luann betrayed her on top of claiming some tie into the start/naming of SKG (a big no, no with Bethenny). Oh, and add on to that, Sonja and Luann used Bethenny's rumored Bravo pay to try and negotiate bigger paydays for themselves, another no, no with Bethenny.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Yeah she just fishes for compliments from her boyfriend to make her feel giddy. Ever the confident one that Carole.. I am woman hear me roar #not lol

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

The Lu/Carole/Adam storyline can't be THAT tired out or uninteresting to people if y'all are on page 16 of last week's episode still talking about their feud. ;-)

Oddly enough, I DO find it one of the least interesting aspects of the show this season, but I don't hate it enough to have an opinion about it anymore.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I agree with this, except I think Carrie Bradshaw would love it if Adam played Knight in Shining Armor. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I honestly don't think the Carole/Luann fight is the main cause of Bethenny going off on Luann at Dorinda's sleepover, I fully believe it has more to do with Luann defending Sonja than anything else. Something happened between Bethenny/Sonja before filming began this season, over the summer and I suspect it was that Bethenny found out about Sonja/Tipsy Girl from Ramona not long after the reunion.

Someone above, sorry I forgot who, said that Sonja claims that the reason she didn't attend Bethenny's BD party was because of her daughter but Ramona out that as a lie by reminding Sonja (and telling us) that Bethenny did not invite her to begin with. Bethenny, herself, has said that she did not see or speak to Sonja at all over their hiatus even though she did every single other returning HW, so logic says that something happened before filming began between the 2. My gut says it is the TG battle and that Luann stayed with and filmed with Sonja while the rest cut back on filming with her suggests that this is Bethenny's real issue with Luann. In other words, she feels that Luann betrayed her on top of claiming some tie into the start/naming of SKG (a big no, no with Bethenny). Oh, and add on to that, Sonja and Luann used Bethenny's rumored Bravo pay to try and negotiate bigger paydays for themselves, another no, no with Bethenny.

There was an article in July, before the Reunion Season 7 filmed about Tipsy Girl, and Peter, Ramona's sometime date, said it would be featured on RHONY.  So he either thought he was going to get it in through Ramona and she eventually turned him down or thought he would have a party.  This Tipsy Girl had been in the works since April of 2015-right after they finished filming Season 7.

I said Sonja said she wasn't around during the summer because of her daughter.  Bethenny's BD party was in November.  My guess is at the time of the Bethenny party, Sonja had still not signed a contract.   Sonja did not do a press release for her birthday party, had only been back under contract for two weeks when she launched the Tipsy Girl surprise.  My guess is Peter probably told production and production clued Bethenny in so she would not be blindsided. 

I believe what irked Bethenny and this goes back to Season 2 and 3 with the don't film with so and so stuff, is once Sonja and Luann signed contracts (and there was that little slip about Luann RSVPing before Bethenny invited her) and Bethenny found out via Ramona or production, Grey Gardens was about to be created with Luann staying with Sonja during filming*, Bethenny realized she would not be able to control a big chunk of filming.  Sonja and Luann were bound to create some very usable footage and the price is right for production.  I also believe, even though Bethenny denies she gave Dorinda an ultimatium, production told Dorinda, no Sonja in the Berkshires.  

To me, the salary negotiations stuff is most likely made up.  By now, Ramona, Sonja and Luann all know how to negotiate.  If they were trying to turn the faucet down on paying per day instead for the entire season, I don't think Luann or Sonja paychecks are suffering.

* So the beginning of the argument is all about Sonja and Luann rooming, even though Sonja had really only had one bad night out that Bethenny witnessed.  Bethenny's whole joke fell really flat because Dorinda and Jules knew in reality Luann was staying with Tom and had been since Thanksgiving and they were in mid December by the time this took place.  So Bethenny  trying to deliver the insults were based on her usual fallible  source of information, Ramona.  We heard what they said about staying together, Sonja said Luann kept her up talking until 5 am and drank more than she did.  Ramona added the bordello, revolving door, dragging men home.  So Bethenny attack was predicated on bogus info. This whole Grey Gardens thing was a huge issue for both Ramona and Bethenny because there was no way for them to compete or become a part of it.  Same with Carole-no penetrating Grey Gardens for her either.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

OhMyGod the blog.

Gee, I wonder who Dorinda was referring to as "Greedo and JarJar Blinks".

Go Dorinda!

Ok....I cant figure out who she is referring to...

(edited)
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Yeah, Luann is just oozing desperation this season.  She looks rough, maybe the budget cutbacks now that she's not getting child support have cut into her beauty budget, or maybe the booze and cigs are finally taking their toll?

I hope this guy she's engaged to isn't just another fame-ho wanting to be on the show, and is actually in love with her.  After making the *dating* rounds with a few of the other cast-members though, you kind of do wonder...

What do we know about him?

My favorite countess was with Jacques, she was having fun, obviously adored him, was finally letting her hair down and showing her true face.  Then the whole drunken pirate thing and lies to him on the phone (all on camera!) shot the first torpedoes into their happy little ship.  I think that was the damage that let in the other issues, he wanted kids, he was younger that finally sunk them. 

She's a frivolous little thing now, married money, doesn't work other than the show, was able to live fairly large with her serial marrying and cheating husband for a while, until he found another younger, fresher replacement.  She handled that so well, kept most of her dignity, was really having so much fun with her life.  Autotuned or not, her songs were catchy and fun, she found love.  Then she blew it all up on that island, and now, faced with an even greater reduction in available cash, seemed to panic or maybe just drink more than usual.  I mean seriously, what else could possibly explain those gutter-fighter tweets? 

She is now coping with that aftermath, and frankly, the aftermath of the way she treated Ramona and Bethenny in her holier-than-thou countess days.  How the mighty have fallen.

Still?  I wish her the best, I hope she can find happiness and at least security enough to budget back in facials and botox.  I'd like to see the Luann we saw with Jacques (pre-pirate.)  Drop the pretenses and just being herself, not this desperate, selfish, and un-self aware shrew.  I think she has a really fun side, and frankly, if she had the money, I think she'd prefer to stay single and party down.  She doesn't, so the husband is needed, I'm not convinced it's what she really wants though.  She likes sex!  So what?  That's a GOOD thing!  If she had just owned that I think a few other cast-members would have been envious.  "I cum every time darling, if you did, perhaps you'd like sex and variety too!"

Also, this woman did have the backbone to create herself.  She became a nurse.  She took off to Europe to model, and got a pretty good gig as a television host before she landed the multi-married count.  She showed gumption, and I'd like to see her get that back, instead of just marrying security.  She's fascinating really, on several levels.

and this is why I've always loved the countess. She's a really good character like many of the originals on this franchise. Now I want to know more about Dorinda because someone dropped the gem that she and her dead husband were the inspiration for one of the couples featured on an episode of SATC.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

How do we know whether or not Carole wants Adam to defend her?  All she has said is Adam doesn't want to be around Luann and made it sound very ominous.  Apparently when asked, he has no hard feelings and in fact respects Luann.  I wonder who is telling the truth?  Adam or Carole?  I do think it is the right thing to do as Adam should not have any ill-will toward Luann and her family.  The good thing about it is Carole is given an easy out and gets to let the world see Adam as a good person.

I don't necessarily think it's an either/or situation. It could be as simple as the fact that, when asked by a media outlet his opinion on the matter, Adam has the good taste to keep it classy and respectful. It doesn't mean he's not saying that he doesn't want to be around Luann to Carole. Also, didn't Carole relay that info a while ago? Time has a way of calming things down.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I don't necessarily think it's an either/or situation. It could be as simple as the fact that, when asked by a media outlet his opinion on the matter, Adam has the good taste to keep it classy and respectful. It doesn't mean he's not saying that he doesn't want to be around Luann to Carole. Also, didn't Carole relay that info a while ago? Time has a way of calming things down.

I think it is one of the smarter ways to go.  Adam has to be a little embarrassed over things like Twitter wars with his generation older girlfriend and a former girlfriend's aunt.   If there is a no guy policy in groups I think it will have an effect, and not for the good, on the show.  We are up to four couples and three of the four men are able to socialize and of course Sonja seems to get along with all the men.

Here is the setup Mario referred to Luann as "Countless" and hurt her feelings.  Luann feels he owes her an apology-one she will not seek him out for. .   Ramona and her high drama http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/countess-being-countless  She also does not have a bikini body in this clip.  This sets up this next clip.  Luann is not wanting to go to Ramona's brunch because Mario has not apologized.  Jill has told Ramona she is calling from Luann's phone.  As soon as Jill said something supportive of Luann, Ramona goes nuts calls Luann rude (for not going to her party) and a slut.  Watch Luann's reaction when Ramona starts to slam Luann's sex life and marriage.  She stays pretty calm just as she did with Bethenny.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/not-wanting-to-go-to-ramonas  I guess she has learned it is not what you are called but what you answer to.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was an article in July, before the Reunion Season 7 filmed about Tipsy Girl, and Peter, Ramona's sometime date, said it would be featured on RHONY.  So he either thought he was going to get it in through Ramona and she eventually turned him down or thought he would have a party.  This Tipsy Girl had been in the works since April of 2015-right after they finished filming Season 7.

I said Sonja said she wasn't around during the summer because of her daughter.  Bethenny's BD party was in November.  My guess is at the time of the Bethenny party, Sonja had still not signed a contract.   Sonja did not do a press release for her birthday party, had only been back under contract for two weeks when she launched the Tipsy Girl surprise.  My guess is Peter probably told production and production clued Bethenny in so she would not be blindsided. 

I believe what irked Bethenny and this goes back to Season 2 and 3 with the don't film with so and so stuff, is once Sonja and Luann signed contracts (and there was that little slip about Luann RSVPing before Bethenny invited her) and Bethenny found out via Ramona or production, Grey Gardens was about to be created with Luann staying with Sonja during filming*, Bethenny realized she would not be able to control a big chunk of filming.  Sonja and Luann were bound to create some very usable footage and the price is right for production.  I also believe, even though Bethenny denies she gave Dorinda an ultimatium, production told Dorinda, no Sonja in the Berkshires.  

To me, the salary negotiations stuff is most likely made up.  By now, Ramona, Sonja and Luann all know how to negotiate.  If they were trying to turn the faucet down on paying per day instead for the entire season, I don't think Luann or Sonja paychecks are suffering.

* So the beginning of the argument is all about Sonja and Luann rooming, even though Sonja had really only had one bad night out that Bethenny witnessed.  Bethenny's whole joke fell really flat because Dorinda and Jules knew in reality Luann was staying with Tom and had been since Thanksgiving and they were in mid December by the time this took place.  So Bethenny  trying to deliver the insults were based on her usual fallible  source of information, Ramona.  We heard what they said about staying together, Sonja said Luann kept her up talking until 5 am and drank more than she did.  Ramona added the bordello, revolving door, dragging men home.  So Bethenny attack was predicated on bogus info. This whole Grey Gardens thing was a huge issue for both Ramona and Bethenny because there was no way for them to compete or become a part of it.  Same with Carole-no penetrating Grey Gardens for her either.

The news about TG so early only confirms my suspicions about Bethenny's OTT anger at Sonja during filming, that she knew, via Ramona, that Peter had asked Sonja to be the face of TG and that she had agreed to do it shortly after the reunion was filmed. Sonja used Quincy as her reason that she didn't go to the BD party at Bethenny's as you said but Ramona revealed that she was not invited to it to begin with. Sonja would not have had Quincy the whole summer, she would have spent some time with her father as well, so again, the fact that she had no contact with Bethenny tells me that there were problems, big problems, shortly after the reunion was filmed. Bethenny went so far as to say that she had no contact with Sonja at all during the summer, that she hadn't even spoken to her let alone seen/spent time with her even though Bethenny saw/spent time with every single returning HW.

As for the contract issue, I believe that I have read that Bethenny was upset that Luann and Sonja used her name and her contract as part of their contract negotiations, no one is allowed to use her for anything, even getting a bigger paycheck from Bravo. I can see Ramona and Luann using the fact that they are the only 2 originals that have been with the show continuously since the beginning and that they deserve an amount equal to or closer to Bethenny's level than not and I can also see Sonja pointing out that she has been on the show longer than Bethenny has been as well to up her paycheck. I agree, I don't think any of them are hurting in the payday department but that isn't the point, their long term tenure on the show is.

I agree that Bethenny dislikes the fact that Luann and Sonja get the cameras to themselves, which cuts down on her camera time, LOL, and I agree that her info is second hand from at least 1 untrustworthy source (Ramona) and that most of her info is second hand as well. If Bethenny or production didn't tell Dorinda to not invite/disinvite Sonja then Dorinda knew well enough that having Sonja at the sleepover = no Bethenny which would result in very little footage of the sleepover making it past editing, which would reduce her own camera time. After all, it is all about the camera time for these women.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the setup Mario referred to Luann as "Countless" and hurt her feelings.  Luann feels he owes her an apology-one she will not seek him out for. .   Ramona and her high drama http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/countess-being-countless  She also does not have a bikini body in this clip.  This sets up this next clip.  Luann is not wanting to go to Ramona's brunch because Mario has not apologized.  Jill has told Ramona she is calling from Luann's phone.  As soon as Jill said something supportive of Luann, Ramona goes nuts calls Luann rude (for not going to her party) and a slut.  Watch Luann's reaction when Ramona starts to slam Luann's sex life and marriage.  She stays pretty calm just as she did with Bethenny.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/not-wanting-to-go-to-ramonas  I guess she has learned it is not what you are called but what you answer to.

LOL, Ramona! How does she get away with it? She must have dirt on all of them for everyone to forgive her as they do time and time again. LOL

• Love 2

I think you are all forgetting the most important fact about the Real Housewives  of New York. Carole is a worthless sack of crap that brings nothing to the table. She doesn't have a family just a fuck buddy from the junior department. She doesn't have a job. Or at least she doesn't work at it as she got fired from her last book deal. She isn't witty or kind or insightful or wise or even a drunken funny mess. She is just an aged out hipster douchenozzle who is polluting my screen. I only wish Aviva was still around to torment her to the point that she would hurl her dead husbands ashes  at her wooden leg while she was riding by in a cab. A drive by ash kicking so to speak.

Heather taught her about that. She learned it in prison. Until Carole dropped her for a better deal.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

and this is why I've always loved the countess. She's a really good character like many of the originals on this franchise. Now I want to know more about Dorinda because someone dropped the gem that she and her dead husband were the inspiration for one of the couples featured on an episode of SATC.

Sex and the City finished filming before Richard and Dorinda Medley ever married.   The episode someone referred to filmed and was written years before Dorinda ever met Richard.  Pretty safe to say yet another made up story.