Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, prettybird said:

Maybe part of Luann's hypocrisy is that she does/says stuff just to get more exposure on the show. I know they all do it, but Luann seems less organic about it. Bethanny said she was trying to weasel her way into a dinner with Kyle over the summer, the accusation that she went after Tom because he had dated Ramona, staying at Sonjas house (as a mentor?!) just to get more scenes.

Luann's 'career' is this show.  And yes, she is doing what everyone does to get to the top.  Bethenny's career is her Skinny Girl biz.  You KNOW she climbed over bodies to get to the top. I'm sure she also weaseled into plenty of dinner invitations in order to get there.  I'll go so far as saying that she also married Jason to further her exposure via the spin offs.

Just being on this show makes me side eye all of them when it comes to them being organic or authentic.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann didn't sleep with the guy.  What is she suppose to admit to doing? So why would she be bemoaning a wife (maybe) somewhere in the world, who may or may not have been hurt?  Maybe the mythical wife of the unknown man was the one ending the marriage.  If she didn't sleep with the guy why is this even as issue?  I would think the naked man Ramona brought home would be far more likely to get a side-eye-the very married Ramona, who reconciled with her husband.  Why is it Ramona can leave naked men laying around the house and no suspects her of doing the deed?

Luann nor the pirate were married or even engaged.  Luann did express remorse for hurting Jacques.

I am still wondering why the married women get a pass?  I am pretty certain Jason Hoppy, Simon Barney and various other ex-husbands of the RH were none too thrilled with their wives sleeping with other men.

This is about Bethenny who flipped out over being teased about a hairstyle going for the jugular on Luann.  Bethenny whose husband wandered the streets of NY wearing his wedding ring, while she was stepping out days after separating with a number of different men and still living under the same roof as Jason with their toddler daughter.   Where is Bethenny's acknowledgment of wrongdoing?  This is about Bethenny putting herself so far above Luann.

Wow, great point. I never even looked at it that way. And Beth is calling out Lu on stuff! Look I know a lot of people don't like Lu but when you get down to it Beth is a very and deliberately hurtful person. There's no getting around it. It's not cute, it's not funny. She's very very vicious. Lu's biggest offense, and lets put this into context, she's haughty. Yeah she's had some eye roll worthy moments but more often than not she's rather pleasant and just because she herself can get in some pretty nasty shots DURING an altercation or get snotty on occasion are we really suggesting that a person like Beth is a better option? Or forget that. Never mind that. People have their character flaws and Lu is one of those people.  But what I see of Lu is that she never just goes into a situation to create chaos. Whether or not people agree with her decision to interrupt Jill and Beth it wasn't some evil move. It was just her perception of the situation and how she felt it should move along. Buttinsky? Sure. Bad judgement? Yep. Being so impressed with her own opinion about stuff? Absolutely. Lu's process of living her life is not much different than most peoples. Mistakes, bad moves, some selfishness here and there.  Have I hurt the feelings of people I've come across in the name of me living the life I want to life? There's no avoiding it. That's life. Have I had some not so nice confrontations with people that don't mesh well with me. Hell yeah. Was I some nice, dainty Pollyanna when I did it? Nope. It happens to all of us. I'm actually one the nicest people you'll meet and have HIGH tolerance but once in a blue moon I'm off my game which is the point I'm trying to make which is not every make the efforts I make and so on and so on but you know there are different levels of flawed people out there. When people are on Beth's level I find them deplorable. When they are on Lu's I just find them annoying but harmless.

So what I see about Lu is that she can snotty, or haughty or darling this darling that but come on. Who does she really hurt with all that nonsense? She's annoying at best and that's all there is to it. As for the more intense stuff involving Lu? Well come on. What conflict isn't going to have nasty moments? No matter whose right or whose wrong sometimes conflicts happen over the silliest of things and people get nasty and in the mature world a lot of conflicts can actually fade away in time. Even big one's. Just because we've seen Lu get nasty doesn't mean that she comes into every situation ready to create chaos. One thing that I've noticed. Lu gets blamed for a lot of the ill will in quite a few situations over the seasons and if you were to review it you would see that a lot of it stems from how the women allow Lu to make them feel about themselves. Just Lu as a whole sets this mindset off, even if there is nothing deliberate coming from Lu. It seems to be something the others have cast over her like a cloud and then have the nerve to react to it. I know, I know it's that Lu consciously puts out that vibe of your inferior but I don't think that's necessarily true. There's a difference between thinking highly of yourself and thinking less of others. I do believe Lu throws the side eye SITUATION by SITUATION whereas I think the others just get cloaked by it the minute they are around her even when she's just shooting the shit and that just causes so many unnecessary conflicts.  

I find a lot of the times when a person allows someone else's air about them affect how they feel about themselves then they tend to lash out at that person. Look, if Lu wants to walk around head held high feeling fabulously fabulous all the time therefore making YOU feel a certain kinda way about where you rate in her presence......That's not on her. That's what a lot of it is about and I can't stand how eager these women are to put Lu "in her place".  I guess it's cause I'm the Lu in my life that I really resent how the other women over the seasons justify trying to going after Lu. Knocking her down a few pegs? Why? Her high opinion of herself affects others how? Because she's annoying? Really? Cause if it was me I'd be all two snaps up in a circle with my girl Lu being right on the same level of fabulousness... YAAASSSS! That's why Sonja and Lu gel well cause Sonja don't play that shit. The bitch is sharping her purses and jerry rigging her bathing suits but no Ma'am in Lu's shadow she is not.

There's this misconception out there that if you think really highly of yourself then you must obviously feel those around you fall short. Well even if it's true. Who cares? I've never let myself feel smaller compared to ANYONE. And if that creates insecurities around others around me that's not my intent but at the same time it will probably be obvious that I'm not apologetic cause this is how I get through life and I can't worry about resentments other people unnecessarily feel about that. So, aside for some moments over the seasons I've never gotten the impression that she is deliberately mean spirited on a regular basis. And I really don't care if she does have a "the help" demeanor. It's probably the same mental wall I put between me and fast food workers. I can respect the big picture but I don't need to relate to every little thing in the world in order for me to be a decent person.  I don't need to treat my cleaning lady like my best friend just cause I want to make it clear that I in no way think this that and the other. I don't have time to make a thousand declarations of my decency through gestures, actions and political correctness all the live long day. I'm polite, I'm approachable and my Resting Bitch Face isn't that bad. LOL. People have their flaws and considering just how nasty, rude, vicious and inconsiderate the lot of these women are I'd choose Lu's flaws over the others any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Cause at least she's proven herself to have self control more often than not whereas the others are flying off the handle at the drop of a hat including Carole but she's a coward when she's not on twitter so we don't really get to see any intensity with that one. Maybe it's cause she uses all her energy in that bony body to keep those monstrous buck gums from falling out of her face.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, shoegal said:

Carole was speaking of the term "Indian", which is considered to be an offensive term, versus the proper term of Native American.  Asian is the proper term, the offending term for Asian would be "Oriental".  Doesn't seem inconsistent. 

I was a little taken aback when Carole made the Asian reference, because I wasn't aware that Asians bring games. Learn something new every day!

So someone says wow that's very African American of you to bring fried chicken and watermelon.......

Basically I cringed when she said it cause duuuudddeeee!

• Love 18
13 hours ago, shoegal said:

"An ethnic minority"?? Let's get real here, we are talking about two wealthy white women. I am 1/16th Cherokee, but my blonde hair, blue eyed, upper middle class white woman self would never run around calling myself an "Indian", let alone an "ethnic minority". You think when LuAnn checks the box, she doesn't identify as Caucasian??

I'm Puerto Rican and I check off the box that says Caucasian. Then I check off the box that says Hispanic. :-)

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Bethenny is one miserable human being. You would think making bank would make her happy, finally having a child would make her happy, getting that divorce would make her happy, buying the Hamptons house would make her happy, and having Andy Cohen in her back pocket would make her happy, but no, the bitch is full on miserable, 24/7.

Screeching and verbal assaults are not attractive. Forget the haircut and the professional makeup job...all rendered moot by your caterwauling. You did accomplish one thing...those fake breasts look bolted on...at full throttle, screaming at Luann, you could see clearly how terribly out of proportion they are...they resemble a medieval breastplate. You do have the money to the corrected, and next time use a reputable plastic surgeon, not someone who advertises on the subway.

Luann may or may not be my favorite, but she is a single woman, and a free human being..her choices are her own. Who she chooses to associate with is again her choice. The ranting munchkin Bethenny seems to think she has a vote.  And Ramona???are you kidding? Who in their right mind would spend more than one evening with Ramona. That Luann's beau, now finance, ran like the wind, speaks well of him.

Bethenny is a miserable human being and no matter how many toys she manages to have, she will always be miserable until she gets that, yes she had a shitty childhood; but that doesn't give you the right to act like a lion in the Serengeti desert when you are around others.  Not everybody is "coming for you," in reality, most people don't give a shit about you.

13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

You are only entertaining the notion that Luann must have known he was married and even by that merit, I said 'shit happens' because it was not a sober decision and given that the man was far more culpable for cheating on his wife, Luann did not owe the women (or the viewers) a reaction or explanation just so that she could be spared the insults. It makes a big difference if it was addressed with 'Luann, you slept with a married man and showed no remorse afterward. I honestly think that's shady of you'. They turned it into 'Luann, you're a slut, you fuck everyone and sleep with married men' and that's what you're going to co-sign based on Turks and Caicos? I don't care what coloured world anyone lives in, there's no way anyone is going to convince me that a singular incident warrants nailing someone to the cross with accusations to their character. And for the record it is not judgement in my eyes, it's simply judgement, fact. If you are going to make a judgement about someone's character, you are being judgmental. We're all judgmental to some extent and it's likely never appropriate to be that way but all I'm saying is let's not slander someone's character based on one incident that we believe they are guilty of when there is no evidence that this is consistently their behaviour.  

This is very true.  Life isn't black and white.  The ideal is for married people to not sleep around, but in reality that doesn't happen.  Sometimes people separate and date and see other people while technically they're still married.  Sometimes people stay legally married for financial reasons.  My issue with Bethenny is that she jumped on the "slut train" with Luann, "you're a slut because you slept with a married man."  Is Bethenny so sure she hasn't slept with a married man?  It does happen, and it happens more than you think.  Is it right?  No, but it does happen and I don't think it's right to slut shame every woman that it happens to, because each situation is different. 

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

When people are on Beth's level I find them deplorable. When they are on Lu's I just find them annoying but harmless.

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell for me.  I find all of them a bit desperate and awful - but to varying degrees. 

Congratulations, Beth.  One more area that you're the tops.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Ellee said:

nyc01-08.jpg

Sonja: “Hey, would you go onto Computer #3 and see if you can print out that report? I want to show LuAnn how my toasters are flying off shelves now.”
Intern: “Um, that’s not really a report. It’s just a screensaver of flying toasters.”

The above is from Bsideblog.  There are a lot more pictures and captions.  I've missed these.

http://www.bsideblog.com/2016/06/real-housewives-photocap-season-8-so-far/

I ❤️Ed this, then un❤️Ed so I could ❤️ It again.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's definitely possible, but don't conveniently forget that it was the girls that outed her cheating on Jacques in St. Barts. When they came storming into her room, it's also very possible that, as Luann said, she believed that her 'friends' were trying to catch her with a man since the last time, expecting to have some juicy gossip to discuss much like the last trip they went on.  The one thing that I think lends to Luann's story is that if her anger came from nearly being caught with the guy, then why did she so easily take the heat for Ramona allowing the other guy to stay? Ramona admitted to that and admitted to blaming Luann. Luann made a feeble attempt at pointing out it was Ramona and when they persisted in their anger, she turned the conversation to 'it's not a big deal, stop being uncool'. It honestly could go either way. It's not like Luann has never lied before to save her own skin. And it's not like the others haven't fudged reality in order to justify their own behaviour and anger. 

Lu doesn't cover well I've noticed. And then she can't recover at all to save her life. And what really kills me is that all this "proof" that Lu lies is based off of such little shit that most of us would probably try to keep under wraps when put on the spot. Quite honestly the only reason why we have so many examples of Lu's terrible ability is cause the others unnecessarily go after her so often and are always so up in her biz! It seems to me like they are always putting her on the spot for something and demanding answers and explanations. Or interrupting her telling of a story in order to get deeper details or contradict her. It's getting annoying cause more recently their bombardment of her creates her to misspeak and then that turns into another moment where she's "lied"

Example: She's talking to Sonja about Rey. She interrupts Lu in order to label Rey Lu's lover. Lu stops short and says no he's not. Now I took that to mean she was saying no he wasn't currently not that she's never slept with him. Anyway, now the conversation has turned into Sonja trying to verify that Lu did sleep with him......???? And now I'm annoyed as I'm sure Lu is and now she's stammering a bit cause Sonja's bringing up way more information than what's necessary and then downright asking if she slept with him.. I mean all that so that she could prove that her use of the word lover was accurate. At that point I don't even know if Lu remembered the initial reason she denied Sonja's claim (which again it believe it was as simple as Lu not wanting Sonja to think this was a current love interest in Lu's life) so now Lu looks like she's back pedaling because now she's explaining that she considers the term lover as in more of an intimate..yada yada yada and at that point I can tell that Lu is completely thrown off and is trying to figure out how to express why she denied it in the first place so she's coming up with an explanation on the fly which sounds lame.

If only Sonja would have just said wait he wasn't your lover? Lu probably would have just answered well his isn't now or yes he was but that's been done with for months. Instead there's always this whole detective thing that goes on so instead Sonja says but wasn't he the one that took your away to so so and so for the weekend... and Lu goes yeah? Then Sonja starts talking about sex and this and that.. I mean damn. These women don't just clarify and say I thought you guys had a thing going and hooked up a few times. Quite honestly I can see Lu copping to something as simple as that. But these women want to make these grandiose declarations about Lu's business I'm not surprised that she does deny things considering the way the present the information. I hate that. Don't get mad because I'm denying YOUR version of events or details. Doesn't mean I'm lying or denying it just means that I'm denying YOUR account of the facts.

A lot of this whole crusade against Lu is that she doesn't cop to their version of things in HER life so that's their proof that she's a liar. I totally hate it when they go after Lu or anyone in that manner. Funny thing is that when she does shrug and give in and give them what they want to hear it's still not good enough either so I really don't get what the hell is supposed to happen.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

If only Sonja would have just said wait he wasn't your lover? Lu probably would have just answered well his isn't now or yes he was but that's been done with for months. Instead there's always this whole detective thing that goes on so instead Sonja says but wasn't he the one that took your away to so so and so for the weekend... and Lu goes yeah? Then Sonja starts talking about sex and this and that.. I mean damn. These women don't just clarify and say I thought you guys had a thing going and hooked up a few times. Quite honestly I can see Lu copping to something as simple as that. But these women want to make these grandiose declarations about Lu's business I'm not surprised that she does deny things considering the way the present the information. I hate that. Don't get mad because I'm denying YOUR version of events or details. Doesn't mean I'm lying or denying it just means that I'm denying YOUR account of the facts.

A lot of this whole crusade against Lu is that she doesn't cop to their version of things in HER life so that's their proof that she's a liar. I totally hate it when they go after Lu or anyone in that manner. Funny thing is that when she does shrug and give in and give them what they want to hear it's still not good enough either so I really don't get what the hell is supposed to happen.

I couldn't agree more.  In fact, I think it's as objectively true as one could ever say on a show like this that the way Sonja went after LuAnn is exactly as you wrote it, and that LuAnn is generally more a victim of this than the others.  LuAnn copped to sleeping with him, contacting him after a trip, etc. and I simply don't see where in the hell she owes that to anyone, but that's neither here nor there.

Sonja in particular pulls this shit CONSTANTLY and she is absolutely, infuriatingly and insistently dishonest about many if not most things about her past, present and future.  But she has probably done this the least to the most abusive and vicious castmembers, Ramona and Bethenny, who are I maintain inarguably more dishonest, more insistent on keeping HUGE things  in their lives off-screen than LuAnn.  

I'm not stanning for Lu at all.  But I am also not here for that kind of 'let's get you humiliated on camera!' shit that Beth, Ramonster and Sonja pull, and I do think LuAnn's attitude and seeming happiness fuel a lot of that mess. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, jinjer said:

I think Luann is just trolling Bethenny bc she saw she came in loaded for bear and probably assumed she was Carole's attack dog.  "Sure, I helped invent SKG.  You're copying my hairdo!" Lolz.  Luann knows how to push Bethenny's buttons.  

Yeah, I sorta got that vibe. I mean Lu was actually advocating for Sonja and had a bit of a say about how she felt bad which I applaud. Too many time HW's don't make their disapproval clear and therefore in a scene it looks like they are agreeing with their silence but then want to act differently when they are around the HW that was talked about. Lu addressed it right away so it didn't seem like she was all no biggie, I'm here at the party that completely shunned Sonja. Yay, let's party. It was risky and she handled it okay and Beth was snarky but Lu manueverued through that. But what she did was light the match. I don't think she meant to but when she high fived Beth that was that and moving on... until and this is wear Beth revealed just how loaded for bear she was can then she makes the crack about Lu and Skinnygirl.... and their off to the races. However, this is were you see the switch flip on Lu and the trolling begins. Oh yeah that whole exchange about Skinnygirl was littering with small trolling moves on Lu's part but good for her cause Beth started in on that for no reason so fuck her. Too bad it had to go to round 2 3 and 4...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

I'd love it if Bethenny's product lines stopped selling as a result of her time on RHONY.  She seems to think she's bulletproof and her giving zero fucks makes her endlessly loveable to the masses.  What she's missing is the zero fucks is refreshing in appropriate doses.  It's refreshing if you aren't vicious.  It's refreshing if you actually show yourself to be a kind person in addition to being ballsy.    But right now, her giving zero fucks and being vulgar and vicious is really turning me off.  I used to love her.  Now I'd never buy one of her products.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I'm not stanning for Lu at all.  But I am also not here for that kind of 'let's get you humiliated on camera!' shit that Beth, Ramonster and Sonja pull, and I do think LuAnn's attitude and seeming happiness fuel a lot of that mess. 

The biggest issue I have regarding this is that they tend to then be genuinely offended that Lu tries her best to not allow them to do this to her. It's like "BE REAL", "I can't with you", 'You're a snake!!' Why? because she fights everyone's attempts to put her on blast based on half truths, rumors and gossip with a little bit of the truth thrown in?

I'd tell them to get the fuck outta here with that nonsense too.

• Love 6

Carole probably has the worst social media behavior out of any of the HWs on NYC.  She can't fight her own battles in person but give her a pen or a talking head and she is balls to the wall. 

1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Cause at least she's proven herself to have self control more often than not whereas the others are flying off the handle at the drop of a hat including Carole but she's a coward when she's not on twitter so we don't really get to see any intensity with that one. Maybe it's cause she uses all her energy in that bony body to keep those monstrous buck gums from falling out of her face.

Carole did it again on this episode.  Lu offered up a cheers/toast.  To which Carole accepted, albeit grungingly. But then in her TH she sniffs, "I don't cheers to people I don't respect."  Um, ya just did, Carole.  Such a tough guy in her TH or Twitter but not so much spine in person.  Maybe she was taken off guard by Lu offering an olive branch in the form clinking glasses.  But use your words, Writer Girl.  You don't need to get all Bat Shit Bethenny.  A simple, "I'd rather not.", would've sufficed.

• Love 10

I'm a little confused about the idea of "no slut-shaming"   To my knowledge "slut "  is a derogatory term. (well uh,  LuAnn certainly didn't like it.)   

So is this now going to start  "no thief shaming"  or "no wife-abuse shaming" ? Aren't sluts shameless by nature-isn't that why they are sluts?     Being a slut is a good thing now and we're not allowed to shame the sluts anymore???  (life is getting less and less fun I tell ya!)  

Now I get "no fat shaming" because we kind of turned  'fat' into a negative.   Like how when Michael asked Oscar if it bothered him being called "Mexican'.  ("no Michael, i am Mexican")  But all the sluts should stand tall now??!  

I don't know if we can emancipate the term 'slut' from slur-ville.  Seems women still aren't taking to it.  I can understand no 'fuck-shaming".  I can understand not bowing to the double-standard, and I don't know where the official 'slut-court' is who determines true slut-hood but sluts should be ashamed and i will not stop shaming them!    Shame sluts!  Shaaaame!

• Love 1

No Luann didn't continue to go after Carole on Twitter until 2 weeks before she started filming.  She ended with Carole at the reunion - thinking they had cleared the air and even tweeted about it.  Carole is the one who continued.  I follow them both.  Carole is way worse on Twitter than anyone. She is really really petty and thin-skinned.  Ask Aviva. Carole probably has the worst social media behavior out of any of the HWs on NYC.  She can't fight her own battles in person but give her a pen or a talking head and she is balls to the wall.  The whole Luann/Adam nonsense has to end.  Sleeping with Sonja young, dating the help and a pedophile aren't worthy of 2 seasons of a grudge, not when Carole is giving as good as she is getting. Everyone else moves on from terrible insults on these shows.  I kind of wish Aviva would come back and rattle Carole's cage. Her whining is getting annoying as hell.  Doesn't she get it that she won in the whole Luann fight by having a successful relationship with Adam?  Living well is the best revenge right?

Carole came on her first season and needled Luann mercilessly without even knowing her for her Countess mannerisms and her one upsmanship (when Luann remarked she lived in the same neighborhood and played the same sports, i.e. making conversation). She's no innocent in the snide comment department.

Yes, Luann did keep it going after the reunion on twitter and at events like the children's charity where she loudly proclaimed Carole is a "pedophile" (this happened after the reunion was filmed). Should Carole keep it up.......NO and because she has she is as guilty as Luann at this point.

I do agree that Carole gives as good as she gets on twitter, she is no innocent victim and she needs to back the F off about anything Luann. I had hoped that an honest apology from Luann about all the Adam/age comments and the pedophile comment would end it but at this stage/time, the damage is done and I don't think an apology, no matter how sincere, will end it. And I think the mutual Luann dislike Carole and Bethenny share seems to be fueling Carole's ongoing nasty/childish behavior this season. Maybe if Bethenny and Luann made up, Carole could finally STHU, but I don't hold out much hope in either happening.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

The idea is that the term "slut" and the behavior associated with it are only shameful because women aren't seeing as having full rights to sexual agency.  That having sex as much as one chooses (if it's not in the way that a patriarchal society thinks we should) means that one is inferior.  People are pushing back and saying that women have a right to their sexual beings and that we will claim what men have always been given - choice.

For all the things I dislike about Luann, the one thing I *do* like is that she's a vibrantly sexual woman and makes no apologies about it.

As for "slut" being a derogatory term, that's in the eye of the beholder.  No one can shame me with the name "slut" because I don't give a damn what folks think about my sexual behavior.  It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

LOVE!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, seasick said:

Shame sluts!  Shaaaame!

LOL.  So funny.  I see your point but I guess it depends on an individual's definition of slut.  And I'm not googling that one. No way, no how. 

The problem is when people label a woman who likes to have sex often with many people, as a slut.  It's not P/C to rip on a consenting woman who likes sex with multiple partners.  Anymoreso than it is to rip on one who likes to eat cheeseburgers by the sackful and isn't loyal to any burger joint in particular.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

The idea is that the term "slut" and the behavior associated with it are only shameful because women aren't seeing as having full rights to sexual agency.  That having sex as much as one chooses (if it's not in the way that a patriarchal society thinks we should) means that one is inferior.  People are pushing back and saying that women have a right to their sexual beings and that we will claim what men have always been given - choice.

For all the things I dislike about Luann, the one thing I *do* like is that she's a vibrantly sexual woman and makes no apologies about it.

As for "slut" being a derogatory term, that's in the eye of the beholder.  No one can shame me with the name "slut" because I don't give a damn what folks think about my sexual behavior.  It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(bolding mine)

Except that she does.  LuAnn doesn't say, 'I like sex and I will have sex whenever and with whomever I want', she says she's dating, she's having fun, she's seeing people.  She hesitates and obfuscates and denies when confronted with references to fucking guys (see: Sonja/Rey "lover" conversation, Johnny Depp Pirate, Scotsman, etc...).  If, when confronted by Bethenny with "you fuck everyone!!", she had answered, "yeah, I do, and it's AWESOME!  So what!?!", then I would agree that she's a sexual woman who makes no apologies.  I think it's that she does try to make apologies for it that drives everyone batty.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

LOL.  So funny.  I see your point but I guess it depends on an individual's definition of slut.  And I'm not googling that one. No way, no how. 

The problem is when people label a woman who likes to have sex often with many people, as a slut.  It's not P/C to rip on a consenting woman who likes sex with multiple partners.  Anymoreso than it is to rip on one who likes to eat cheeseburgers by the sackful and isn't loyal to any burger joint in particular.

I get it.  My post was tongue in cheek and i am all for sexual freedom and not the double standard.  I GET IT!

I just think the term-slut shaming is what (an oxymoron is it??)   The idea would be better served with a different term,  Otherwise it was just a meant-to be- lighthearted post.   

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, shoegal said:

(bolding mine)

Except that she does.  LuAnn doesn't say, 'I like sex and I will have sex whenever and with whomever I want', she says she's dating, she's having fun, she's seeing people.  She hesitates and obfuscates and denies when confronted with references to fucking guys (see: Sonja/Rey "lover" conversation, Johnny Depp Pirate, Scotsman, etc...).  If, when confronted by Bethenny with "you fuck everyone!!", she had answered, "yeah, I do, and it's AWESOME!  So what!?!", then I would agree that she's a sexual woman who makes no apologies.  I think it's that she does try to make apologies for it that drives everyone batty.

I see your point, except I don't think of it as making apologies.  It's her business.  She doesn't have to admit a thing if she doesn't want to do so.  Refusing to talk about it and apologizing for it aren't the same thing.  If someone were questioning me about my sexual behavior, I'd probably say something like, "I'm single and dating" as opposed to "I'm fucking whosoeverwill".  That doesn't mean I'm not having lots of sex - it means I'm having lots of sex that doesn't concern you.

I'm about to go gargle with something alcoholic because my throat feels dirty for defending Luann.

• Love 15
(edited)

I am pretty clear on the fact that Bethenny was calling Lu a whore, a WHORE, a whore!  If she meant that affectionately or admiringly or even tongue-in-cheek, she didn't get her point across, lol.  There was no doubt she was trying to humiliate, embarrass and shame Luann for being a WHORE, WHORE, WHORE.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, prettybird said:

On her radio show the other day, she called Ramona a real housewives all star (or something to that effect). Ramona is a batshit crazy, narcissistic snob, but she is herself on the show and it makes good tv. I think that's why Bethanny didn't like Kristen, because she was just phoning it in. Kristen never really brought much reality. 

I don't see where Ramona gets kadooz and Kristen doesn't -- Kristen can't help being sane, and Ramona is a bunchofwordsIcannottype.

Kristen brought the cameras in to couples counseling, and showed in-home Early Intervention services for Kingsley to help her walk.  She also hosted a charity event on her own, and correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Ramona has EVER helmed a legitimate, getting-press charity event, ever, and ho has been filmed since 2008.  On the Kingsley point in particular, Kristen showed an openness to filming her reality that is startling even for Housewives, and it was ultimately quite brave.  I have a young kiddo in NYC, and trust and believe that mommy wars and the stereotype of mommies fronting is very real and here ain't no exception.  Lots and LOTS of people show nothing about struggles, let alone developmental concerns, as it pertains to their kids in playground conversations or at Mommy and Me classes - Kristen's honesty is remarkable. 

Ramona on the other hand forced a birthday party on Avery months away from her actual birthdate, celebrated a vowel renewal at 17 years, and utterly refused to have her marital implosion even acknowleged at a reunion.  Ho is crazy, but she's also a fucking liar.  (See also: Tupperware Titsen, which she attributed initially to her kettleball exercise routine.)  Kristen was either not invited back or did not re-up with RHONY well after Josh's scandal broke, which luckily for her happened after her second and last reunion.

Bethenny's assessment does not surprise me, since she eliminated Michael Cerrutti from her storyline and I will say it - he is very likely a rapist.  Colleges don't expel on that accusation lightly - in fact, that tilts the other way.  But witch certainly eliminated alllll that from her first season back.  She blows.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 11

Bethenny and Andy talking about this episode.  Bethenny is so proud.  http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/06/01/andy-cohen-previews-bethenny-frankels-explosive-rhony-fight-with-luann-de-lesseps-you-basically-dismember-her/

I still don't get why she and Ramona are petrified to tell Luann about who they are dating.  Certainly their dating situation are nothing close to the Carole and Adam situation.  I would not be proud of calling someone a plastic fuck doll.  Old Bethenny is. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Lol, just being snarky here and not at you, Snarts.  :D   Some ...if not all...of Bethenny's anger is coming from the producers and her nice paycheck. 

I think the NYC women this year are all in cahoots with the story lines and know what to expect from each other.    Yep, even the Tipsy Girl one.  I think they are playing it rather well also.  Lol, as I said before, I'd love to be at one of their story line meetings.  :D :D :D

Ok, just playing armchair psychologist here, but I have thought for a long time that the true root of her anger and unhappiness is that Bethenny doesn't like Bethenny and is conflicted when it comes to feeling worthy of what she has accomplished.  She is actually very insecure.  I think her past and where she came from weigh on her heavily to this day and part of her anger is that she can't shake the effect that it has on her and the perspective from which she views the world.  

I DO think she legitimately hates bullshit, etc., and I agree that Lu is as phony as the day is long, but there's an unhappiness and a fear that permeates every situation on and off screen.  (at least according to what we read about regarding the off screen stuff).  That's why she's so big on being in control.  She strikes before anyone has the chance to hurt her, and that makes all relationships next to impossible - with the exception of that between she and Bryn, and I hope that their relationship will be the one that will be healthy long term.  I think she resents LuAnn because she perceives her as being secure with herself, above all - (whether for valid reasons or the Countess crap she's still trying to sell) and that's something Bethenny just doesn't have.  

I could be WAY off, but that's how I've always seen it - and maybe that's the only reason I've remained fan-ish of Bethenny.  There have been some very trying times, of course... 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

I see your point, except I don't think of it as making apologies.  It's her business.  She doesn't have to admit a thing if she doesn't want to do so.  Refusing to talk about it and apologizing for it aren't the same thing.  If someone were questioning me about my sexual behavior, I'd probably say something like, "I'm single and dating" as opposed to "I'm fucking whosoeverwill".  That doesn't mean I'm not having lots of sex - it means I'm having lots of sex that doesn't concern you.

I'm about to go gargle with something alcoholic because my throat feels dirty for defending Luann.

I agree and I see your point, but when I think of a sexual woman who makes no apologies, I think of Brandi Glanville and her "yeah, I fucked him, it was great!"  Which is why Bethenny had the response to LuAnn about being the Kim Cattrall of RHONY, she's not because Kim Cattrall was sexually free with no apologies. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I still don't get why she and Ramona are petrified to tell Luann about who they are dating. 

Mmm-hmm.  If Lu can steal your man, he wasn't your man.  If Lu's opinion of who you are dating is so scary, you need to put on your big girl pants.  She can scream at Lu that she is a whore, but can't handle what Lu might say about her boyfriend?  Yeah, maybe if they are a likely rapist, you have to watch whom you tell that you are dating a probable rapist.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

Post of the day (and I will be stealing your final sentence!)

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Post of the day (and I will be stealing your final sentence!)

You're welcome to it!  It's something my grandmother said to me all the time when I was growing up, but it's a common saying.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, shoegal said:

(bolding mine)

Except no one does that.  I would find it very uncouth in social circles if LuAnn (or anyoone) gave her friends a list of fuckbuddies.  "Hey LuAnn, who is this Rey guy?"  "Oh I fucked him.  By the way, here's the list of people I've fucked.  Because I don't want to obfusicate it by saying I'm seeing people." I mean come on.  If a guy listed the number of women he's currently fucking instead of saying, "I'm seeing so and so" he would be a cad.

Now, her actions with the Pirate was total bullshit.  That you can call her out on.  But "dating, having fun, seeing people" is perfectly acceptable to describe someone you may or may not be fucking. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13
(edited)
43 minutes ago, shoegal said:

(bolding mine)

But why? She needs to give visual aids? And it isn't true cause she doesn't fuck everyone.  Also why does she HAVE to agree to these blanket statements the other make of her?

This always gets to me when one of the HW's is under the scope. "Why don't they just cop to it dammit??!!" Well maybe it's because what's being tossed out there is highly exaggerated misrepresented details of her life and she doesn't want to have to confirm the bold face lies that accompany the parts that are true. They get details wrong and instead of clarifying with private details she opts to deny. It's a slippery slope. Either deny because parts are accurate but some stuff is wildly untrue or admit it but then get caught up in correcting the misinformation by sharing what actually went down (or who) and ooppss then your sharing private and personal information and way too much.  So what's one to do? I think that's where Lu is finding herself more often than not. 

Beth screams You Fuck Everybody and she's supposed to say Yeah to that or not deny it or else she's lying? It's an impossible situation and yet it's Lu's fault for not yanking off her panties and letting everyone sniff the remnants of the squirts she enjoyed with the driver in the bushes before entering the house as proof that she claims ownership of her sexual prowess. Or maybe show them the notches on her bedpost? I mean what the hell. It seems that the only way these women are satisfied is if she confirms it in the most vulgar and crass way and I don't understand why. It reminds me of everyone expecting LVP to own something meanwhile the only choices laid out in front of her to own are wildly exaggerated or misrepresentations of actual events. Add the fact that no grown woman truly owes that sort of public owning to any fucking body and yeah, I side with Lu.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

Except no one does that.  I would find it very uncouth in social circles if LuAnn gave her friends a list of people she's fucking.  "Hey LuAnn, who is this Rey guy?"  "Oh I fucked him.  By the way, here's the list of people I've fucked.  Because I don't want to obfusicate it by saying I'm seeing people." I mean come on.  If a guy listed the number of women he's currently fucking instead of saying, "I'm seeing so and so" he would be a cad.

Now, her actions with the Pirate was total bullshit.  That you can call her out on.  But "dating, having fun, seeing people" is perfectly acceptable to describe someone you may or may not be fucking. 

Well, people do that (as I mentioned, example: Brandi Glanville) but for example the case with Rey, LuAnn objected to Sonja casting him as her "lover" which implies she was having sex with him, she tried to obfuscate.  I mean, was she in a relationship with Rey?  It doesn't seem so.  Did she fuck him several times?  Yes, it would seem so....I'm thinking a sexually free woman who makes no apologies would have no problem with people knowing Rey was a sexual fling or hookup. 

4 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Add the fact that no grown woman truly owes that sort of public owning to any fucking body and yeah, I side with Lu.

Me too, and I've hated Lu for a long, long time!  This is killing me to have to side with her!

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well, people do that (as I mentioned, example: Brandi Glanville) but for example the case with Rey, LuAnn objected to Sonja casting him as her "lover" which implies she was having sex with him, she tried to obfuscate.  I mean, was she in a relationship with Rey?  It doesn't seem so.  Did she fuck him several times?  Yes, it would seem so....I'm thinking a sexually free woman who makes no apologies would have no problem with people knowing Rey was a sexual fling or hookup. 

Brandi Glanville is a disgusting person in general.  I don't think she should be held up to a standard of what we should all aspire to.

Being a sexually free woman doesn't mean you have to give people the details of who you are fucking.  And they are all on a reality show. Perhaps a little discretion isn't a bad thing.  If you met a reality star and had a one night stand, how would you like it if that person named you -- on national TV -- as someone they fucked and then kicked out of bed?  Being a sexually free woman doesn't mean you grab the next megaphone and broadcast who you have been with.  It also doesn't mean that you have to respond to questions on whether or not you've fucked that person.  Obfusicating it with "dating," "having fun" seems like the most respectful thing you could do for someone you've had intimate relations with.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12

In the Lu/Sonja convo Lu totally said she slept with Rey. Lu just defines lover, good god I hate that word, as something different than Sonja. Also, she clearly isn't hiding shit because when Sonja said "oh your the Ibiza guy," Ramona responded in the affirmative so she isn't keeping her dalliances secret.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That's my problem.  I don't get why it should drive anybody batty.  I don't get Bethenny's upset.  The woman acted like she was on some serious drugs.  Bethenny acted like Luann had killed her daughter.  Luanne might act like she's high and mighty sometimes, but that's her, she's not going to change.    If Luann drives someone batty, then it's THAT person who has the problem, because Luanne isn't going to react the way they, or Bethenny, wants her to. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Brandi Glanville is a disgusting person in general.  I don't think she should be held up to a standard of what we should all aspire to.

Being a sexually free woman doesn't mean you have to give people the details of who you are fucking.  And they are all on a reality show. Perhaps a little discretion isn't a bad thing.  If you met a reality star and had a one night stand, how would you like it if that person named you -- on national TV -- as someone they fucked and then kicked out of bed?  Being a sexually free woman doesn't mean you grab the next megaphone and broadcast who you have been with.  It also doesn't mean that you have to respond to questions on whether or not you've fucked that person.  Obfusicating it with "dating," "having fun" seems like the most respectful thing you could do for someone you've had intimate relations with.

I don't think I put Brandi up as a standard to aspire to, but when it comes to being sexually free and giving zero apologies, I'd say she's got that one nailed.  I do not doubt that LuAnn is a sexually free woman, my issue was with the idea that it was with no apologies.  THAT I don't believe. 

• Love 1

By the way -- I never followed the story closely enough to know what happened, and I know that Bethenny doesn't say much about it -- why did Jason and Bethenny split up?  I mean, we can assume that her personal issues played a part in driving a wedge between them, but was there one specific incident that broke them up?  Infidelity?  A fight that got physical?  Did Jason do something specific that is known?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In the Lu/Sonja convo Lu totally said she slept with Rey. Lu just defines lover, good god I hate that word, as something different than Sonja. Also, she clearly isn't hiding shit because when Sonja said "oh your the Ibiza guy," Ramona responded in the affirmative so she isn't keeping her dalliances secret.

LuAnn tried to obfuscate, but Sonja wouldn't let her, so yes, she reluctantly admitted that Rey was in fact, a lover.   That's my point, she tried to fudge and hedge and dissect and otherwise muddy the waters instead of just saying, "yeah, he was the guy that I hooked up with that took me to Ibiza".  Obviously Sonja knew that LuAnn was screwing him, so she's not hiding shit with them but she is on camera (or trying to).  That's the point.

Edited by shoegal
2 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I don't think I put Brandi up as a standard to aspire to, but when it comes to being sexually free and giving zero apologies, I'd say she's got that one nailed.  I do not doubt that LuAnn is a sexually free woman, my issue was with the idea that it was with no apologies.  THAT I don't believe. 

My guess is women have a very difficult time being a "sexually free woman with no apologies" because of people like Beth who yell, "slut" and "whore" at them.

• Love 19
Just now, sasha206 said:

My guess is women have a very difficult time being a "sexually free woman with no apologies" because of people like Beth who yell, "slut" and "whore" at them.

Maybe, but as I said, there are women who would be like "yeah, I am and it's awesome!".

• Love 1

at events like the children's charity where she loudly proclaimed Carole is a "pedophile" (this happened after the reunion was filmed). Should Carole keep it up.......NO and because she has she is as guilty as Luann at this point.

I don't like either of them but until the last few weeks the pedophile remark has been talked about only Lu doing it on Social Media. Does anyone have a link to an article of  Lu shouting it at a children's charity event?  I cant imagine her even saying it at an event and not having a write up. I mean I can totally imagine her saying something to Carole, I just can't imagine her shouting it to Carole at a public event would not merit a story somewhere at the time.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Maybe, but as I said, there are women who would be like "yeah, I am and it's awesome!".

You really believe there are women who would respond to "You fuck everyone" in that manner?  Most women, sexually free or not, would be rightfully insulted.  Being sexually free doesn't mean "you fuck everyone."  Being insulted by being called a slut and a whore doesn't mean you don't OWN being sexually free.  You can be sexually free and not be a slut, a whore, and fuck everyone.  Expecting her to just capitulate to a harping loon that she fucks everyone because she's proud of beign sexually free is ridiculous.  It's like yelling at an overweight person who likes her so-called curves, "You EAT everything" and then being surprised that their feelings are hurt.  It doesn't mean the overweight person isn't proud of their bodies the way they are.  It's that they are being insulted by someone being vicious.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 22
(edited)

I think Lu's biggest problem with sex is that she hasn't found a way to brag about how good she is at it in a way that she can include in her next book about manners.

I think Beth's biggest problem with sex is that it's not legal to behave like a pray mantis.....

Edited by bosawks
Anal-retentiveness
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, shoegal said:

LuAnn tried to obfuscate, but Sonja wouldn't let her, so yes, she reluctantly admitted that Rey was in fact, a lover.   That's my point, she tried to fudge and hedge and dissect and otherwise muddy the waters instead of just saying, "yeah, he was the guy that I hooked up with that took me to Ibiza".  Obviously Sonja knew that LuAnn was screwing him, so she's not hiding shit with them but she is on camera (or trying to).  That's the point.

Yes, Sonja already knew ad knew about Ibiza, so why was it so important to Sonja that Luann repeat it on camera?  She wanted to embarrass Lu, that's why.  She wasn't saying, "you go girl, get your freak on!" she wanted Lu to tell everyone that she has sex with guys, which we all also knew already. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

No she never claimed him as a "lover" she simply stated that while she had sex with him he wasn't what she considered a "lover." People can in fact describe their sexual partners in any terms they see fit. Lu even went into a bit of detail why he she wouldn't use that term. I have had hookups with guys and if someone asked if they were my "lover, " I would say no fucking way they were a hoookup, though to be fair I would never use the term "lover" because it's ridiculous but clearly Sonja and Lu use that word and can each define it on their own terms.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Bethany is not projecting herself above it all like luann does. Luann wants her cake and eat it too. She wants to look down her nose at the women that have sex freely. All while luann has sex freely. People just wont drink the koolaid though. "And im leaving your party"

Edited by tinaw
Didnt really quote but cant get rid of the quote thing
  • Love 1

For me, I feel like LuAnn has finally dropped the pretense of the Countess -- which I think Bravo wanted her to play up all of those years -- and now seems to be enjoying her life, her sexual freedom, and she may not be listing to everyone within ear shot who she is having sex with, but she's not pretending to be virginal either.   But Bethenny is a one-man wrecking crew.  Because of her comments on John and Dorinda, she's had people call up her radio show thanking her for the coke references.  As if it is the gospel because Beth says so.  Beth better hope that there's absolute proof on this because if I were John I'd be calling up lawyers.  She's bullied an anorexic into coping to being an anorexic.  And now she's slut shaming.  She's just a ball of hate essentially.  It's one thing to be a truth cannon and it's another thing to be a vicious person who goes for the jugular constantly.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

You really believe there are women who would respond to "You fuck everyone" in that manner?  Most women, sexually free or not, would be rightfully insulted.  Being sexually free doesn't mean "you fuck everyone."  Being insulted by being called a slut and a whore doesn't mean you don't OWN being sexually free.  You can be sexually free and not be a slut, a whore, and fuck everyone.  Expecting her to just capitulate to a harping loon that she fucks everyone because she's proud of beign sexually free is ridiculous.  It's like yelling at an overweight person who likes her so-called curves, "You EAT everything" and then being surprised that their feelings are hurt.  It doesn't mean the overweight person isn't proud of their bodies the way they are.  It's that they are being insulted by someone being vicious.  

Yeah, I do think there are plenty of women who would respond by saying "yeah, I'm a big old slut, what of it!?!?!?", even HW's (Brandi, Erika, Bethenny, Sonja to name a few). Is fucking everyone something to be ashamed of? I thought that was the point of being sexually free.