Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Part 15

23 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

"Now come inside for some lemonade."

My speculation that Nolan is the brother and not the nephew still works at this point.  "My dad liked the dead one the best."

Yeah it could go either way.  If Nolan is the brother I'm guessing that Danny didn't know and Nolan's mother and Robert were in cahoots with passing him off as Danny's. 

I know the actors are all great but I love how they play the characters as so over their heads they can't make a move without looking or doing something incredibly guilty.  I'm still expecting either John, Meg, or Kevin to blurt out "we killed Danny" the next time Sally casually asks them to pass her a glass of water.

Speaking of Sally, I know she is on a fact finding mission but what is she really expecting to find.  She obviously doesn't know or suspect what her kids have done.  I'm just curious as to why she doesn't suspect John may have been trying to protect Danny or keep him out of trouble, she is awfully suspicious of him.  I mean overall she is right but what exact pieces is she connecting. 

• Love 3

Ok. I am binge watching. I'm on season 2 episode 7??  (I won't spoil anything.)

Anyone else think Marco is hot?

Anyone think Eve is Sally's daughter?(Not sure the timeline fits)

Anyone else think these people drink A.L.O.T.? I grew up in SW Florida and still live here. I have never witnessed this amount of tropical drinking. 

Why does Meg wear black circle mini skirts all the time? And short sleeved turtle necks 1/2 the time?

I don't know any drug dealers personally ( I probably do, but just don't know it), but I never picture them in cargo shorts and flip flops. 

Other than that, I am just waiting for the boards to open up do that posters can explain things I don't understand!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm on episode 6 too.  Looking forward to talking about the upcoming episodes!

This isn't a spoiler, but the actor playing Nolan is the same actor that played Danny as a teen in flashbacks.  They did a great job finding a young actor with such a strong resemblance, and great acting skills.

• Love 8

Anyone else think these people drink A.L.O.T.? I grew up in SW Florida and still live here. I have never witnessed this amount of tropical drinking. 

These people drink like they are on a permanent vacation.  It also seems odd that they all continue to drink heavily around alcoholic Kevin.  They are not a supportive family for a recovering addict.

I'm happy this show finally introduced a character that I like and for whom I feel some empathy - Nolan.  The actor playing Nolan does a fantastic job and it was a great casting choice since he looks a lot like Danny.

I've finished the second season and don't want to spoil anyone, except to say that the season is a very slow burn and I fully expect we'll have a season 3. Despite the overall unlikability of pretty much all of the characters, the actors do a wonderful job.  Beau Bridges was a great addition to this cast.

When everyone has seen the final episode, I'll speculate as to my theories regarding what happens next.

• Love 6

Classic Kevin!  Cops still investigating what went down with Danny and Wayne, and what do you do?!  Why, you start selling some of those drugs that you aren't suppose to have!  Is there a bigger fuck-up then Kevin?

Well, there is John, who isn't a bigger fuck-up, but for someone who is suppose to be the smart, seems hell bent on putting himself in the line of fire by officially running for Sheriff.  I guess he has just deluded himself into trying to live a normal life, or he wants to be the sheriff in order to make sure this doesn't ever touch his family.  Either way, I don't see this ending well for him.  Especially since Wayne seems to be ahead of him at every turn.

Nolan is a little shit, but he really is Danny's son.  There were several lines he delivered that I could totally hear Danny's voice coming through him.

Seeing Steven Pasquale's character again was interesting after I just got done with his creepy and chilling performance as Mark Fuhrman in American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson.

I really liked some of the shots in this one.  This show really has a different feel compared to a lot of shows that are set in Florida.  At times, I can almost feel the heat and dryness coming from the screen.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I really liked some of the shots in this one.  This show really has a different feel compared to a lot of shows that are set in Florida.  At times, I can almost feel the heat and dryness coming from the screen.

Well said. Most shows in Florida or similar warm settings portray it as a nice thing but Bloodline does  great job of showing the temperatures as stifling and smothering. Characters are often dripping sweat and looking weary fro the heat

• Love 10
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, wait.what said:

Ok. I am binge watching. I'm on season 2 episode 7??  (I won't spoil anything.)

Why does Meg wear black circle mini skirts all the time? And short sleeved turtle necks 1/2 the time?

I don't know any drug dealers personally ( I probably do, but just don't know it), but I never picture them in cargo shorts and flip flops. 

Other than that, I am just waiting for the boards to open up do that posters can explain things I don't understand!

Does anybody not think Marco is hot? Meg was a fool to give that up! 

Who is Eve? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

Classic Kevin!  Cops still investigating what went down with Danny and Wayne, and what do you do?!  Why, you start selling some of those drugs that you aren't suppose to have!  Is there a bigger fuck-up then Kevin?

Oh my god, yes! I guess he's really missing Danny because I imagine he was the only thing between Kevin and the Biggest Rayburn Fuck-Up crown. I sense that Danny was at least a little smart, but Kevin isn't impressing me with his intellect. No wonder everyone in the boatyard bailed - how'd you like to rely on that for your income?

• Love 6

Just binge-watched the entire season. I liked it a lot more than season 1, which was too slow and had way too much exposition. I also got bored with watching Danny being miserable and resentful. Danny in smaller doses works better for me. They really nailed a lookalike son for him. Great casting.

On 5/29/2016 at 6:32 PM, wait.what said:

I think Marco is the opposite of hot. Meg can do better.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2016 at 9:32 PM, wait.what said:

Also from South Florida here. I have not seen that level of constant drinking either, although drinking is a popular activity here and there are plenty of bars along the beach.

As for the clothes, no one dresses up here, it's too hot and humid. Grown men do, unfortunately, wear cargo shorts, flip flops and baseball hats. Ugh. I think it's not realistic what Meg wears -- no one wears turtlenecks here. In one scene Chelsea was wearing a sweater, and in another scene Diana was wearing boots. No, sorry, not in the Keys, way too hot to dress like that. It's tank tops, shorts and sandals pretty much all the time. 

Also, in one scene the doors at the inn were left open at night. Nope, can't do that in Florida either -- all the roaches and mosquitoes would fly in (yes, there's flying roaches. Scary.)

On 5/30/2016 at 11:50 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

I'm on episode 7.   Sissy Spacek is very annoying.

I fast forward through most of her scenes. I can't stand her.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, knaankos said:

Well said. Most shows in Florida or similar warm settings portray it as a nice thing but Bloodline does  great job of showing the temperatures as stifling and smothering. Characters are often dripping sweat and looking weary fro the heat

That is how Florida is. Stifling, smothering, more humid than most people imagine. I think sometimes the actors don't look sweaty enough. Just going outside for a minute or two makes you sweat.

• Love 3

I was just telling a friend the same thing, how the show really makes you feel the oppressive heat and the slower pace of the lifestyle in southern Florida.  Rarely does a show get atmosphere so right.  I like this season a lot better than last season so far, Danny drained the life out of me.  And more Kyle Chandler is never a bad thing?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

I was just telling a friend the same thing, how the show really makes you feel the oppressive heat and the slower pace of the lifestyle in southern Florida.  Rarely does a show get atmosphere so right

Yes, they are showing just how hot and sticky it really is. But, does Eric O'Bannon ever bathe? ever? It's really gross.He looks like he smells bad, very bad.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:03 PM, numbnut said:

Just binge-watched the entire season. I liked it a lot more than season 1, which was too slow and had way too much exposition. I also got bored with watching Danny being miserable and resentful. Danny in smaller doses works better for me. They really nailed a lookalike son for him. Great casting.

Can she though? She's a 40-year old woman who may or may not be a borderline alcoholic with messed up family dynamics, including daddy issues. Then there's the minor incident of her helping to kill her brother.  I'd say Marco was probably one of the best that she'll do.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:59 AM, Duke2801 said:

Does anybody not think Marco is hot? Meg was a fool to give that up! 

Who is Eve? 

Quoting myself here, as well as wait.what ... I see now that Eve is Evangaline. And no, I sensed no hints or feelings whatsoever that she might be Sally's daughter.

Edited by Duke2801
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:
On 5/31/2016 at 3:03 PM, numbnut said:

Can she though? She's a 40-year old woman who may or may not be a borderline alcoholic with messed up family dynamics, including daddy issues. Then there's the minor incident of her helping to kill her brother.  I'd say Marco was probably one of the best that she'll do.

Compared to Meg, Marco has his life together (somewhat) but I was commenting in terms of hotness alone. Since Marco is a 4 (to me), chances are pretty big that Meg can find someone hotter.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Approx. how old are the Rayburn kids supposed to be ? Is Meg 40?

I don't think they've ever said for sure, at least not that I recall. In real life, Linda Cardellini is close to 41, Kyle C is 50, Ben M. is 47, and the actor who plays Kevin is 48. I suspect the characters might be younger than their actual ages, and of course, being that Ben Mendelsohn is actually younger than both Kyle Chandler and "Kevin," it's hard to say for sure.  

With that in mind I kind of assumed:

Danny - mid to late 40s

John - mid-ish 40s

Kevin - late 30s to early 40s

Meg - late-ish 30s

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, numbnut said:

Compared to Meg, Marco has his life together (somewhat) but I was commenting in terms of hotness alone. Since Marco is a 4 (to me), chances are pretty big that Meg can find someone hotter.

Oh ok I see. Yeah I think Meg (or Linda C.) has amazing hair and a killer body ..... but I don't find her "pretty."  I never did though, even back on Freaks and Geeks.  I may be in the minority though.

Edited by Duke2801
rewording my thoughts
  • Love 1

All I can say is it's a good thing we bought our beach house before we started this show. Just through the tv screen, the sweat and humidity is oppressive. The direction is flawless in setting each scene, building up painful moments, and not allowing the viewer to catch a breath.

Left Fl last week and swore that I couldn't return until October. Two minutes outside and I was drenched in perspiration- drenched.

On a fun note, the island where we purchased has a SoCloseButNotRayburn Dystasty and my DH keeps stepping on my toes under the table whenever I want to ask them about Bloodline.

Again, it's the acting and direction that keep me riveted to this show- because I don't need this stress ;)

• Love 3

As a Floridian, I totally agree - they do not GLAMORIZE the climate down in the Keys! It really is that humid and miserable! 

John's house, right on the canal,  would have swarms of mosquitoes. I  don't even know how they filmed those outdoor scenes!

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, wait.what said:

Oh yeah. I've enjoyed watching Enrique Murciano since he was on Without a Trace.

Kevin was such an idiot. I will give him a point for making the exchange go his way. Not much of a point, but it showed a rare moment of shrewdness.

John's not much better, just less hyper. Someone whose respectability is paper thin at this point, and who knows there are a lot of loose threads shouldn't be campaigning for dog catcher, much less sheriff.

The way the family reacts to Nolan is strange. I understand John's worry - but I would think at least faking welcome and acceptance would be a better plan than being openly suspicious. Given that he's played by the same actor who played Danny as a young man, in the context of the show he's the spitting image of his father in both looks and manner. I don't get the vibe that he's one of the brothers, but it's an intriguing possibility. In any case, they treat  him like they treated Danny - without the history and influence of their father to encourage that behavior.

Even Sissy's character doesn't welcome him with open arms, which you'd might expect, given that he is supposedly her long lost grandson.

• Love 3
On 6/19/2016 at 2:59 PM, clanstarling said:

Even Sissy's character doesn't welcome him with open arms, which you'd might expect, given that he is supposedly her long lost grandson.

Sally's apparent lack of interest in Nolan really puzzled me. She didn't seem to display much reaction at all - not even curiosity or surprise - at Nolan's appearance. I kind of expected something given her supposed regret and grief and all that over Danny. Listen, if I lost a child and one of his/her offspring showed up out of the blue soon afterward there'd be all sorts of emotions going through my mind, heart, body. I'm not saying they would all be positive, but I think there would be at least a little bit of "do over!" or "omg, this is too close too soon!" or something that would bubble up. But not Sally. Noooooooo. Sally's all about Sally.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On June 7, 2016 at 10:22 PM, BeckyThatcher said:

All I can say is it's a good thing we bought our beach house...

On a fun note, the island where we purchased has a SoCloseButNotRayburn Dystasty and my DH keeps stepping on my toes under the table whenever I want to ask them about Bloodline.

Again, it's the acting and direction that keep me riveted to this show- because I don't need this stress ;)

Ooooo, I would love to hear more!

• Love 1

John's ill-conceived notion to run for sheriff feels like PLOT DEVICE, more so than a decision this character would make, considering his current and ongoing circumstances. Really???

• Love 3
On 6/7/2016 at 0:15 PM, Duke2801 said:

I don't think they've ever said for sure, at least not that I recall. In real life, Linda Cardellini is close to 41, Kyle C is 50, Ben M. is 47, and the actor who plays Kevin is 48. I suspect the characters might be younger than their actual ages, and of course, being that Ben Mendelsohn is actually younger than both Kyle Chandler and "Kevin," it's hard to say for sure.  

With that in mind I kind of assumed:

Danny - mid to late 40s

John - mid-ish 40s

Kevin - late 30s to early 40s

Meg - late-ish 30s

Because I'm a nerd, I have been trying to figure out their ages. When they spoke to Det. Potts after Sarah died in November 1983, several of them revealed their ages then and in subsequent stories. Here are their respective years of birth; I'm missing a couple. Help me sleep at night by filling them in!

Danny ?
John 1969 (two mentions: 14 in 1983/10 in 1979)
Sarah 1973 (10 in 1983)
Kevin ?
Megan 1976 (7 in 1983)

• Love 1
(edited)

Question for those who live in Florida:  Is it also normal for women to wear their long hair down all the time?  Seems to me in that heat and humidity, wearing it up or at least in a ponytail would be preferred, yet Meg and Diana and Janey have their hair down nearly all the time.  

Edited by MaryPatShelby

I live in Charlotte, NC (borders SC), and the second I start to sweat, my long hair is up in a clip. I can't stand feeling my hot, sweaty hair on my face, neck, shoulders, etc., and it traps heat. Hair up!

• Love 1