Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

I honestly don't care enough to make presumptions about the upcoming final episodes. I've stuck it out this long, so I'll just continue to suspend disbelief for another four weeks and see how the writers conclude this trainwreck. I really just want it over. Obviously, just my opinion. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, debraran said:

I haven't seen this clip before. Miguel is very sweet with Rebecca.

Wow, Rebecca's advanced to a wheel chair. I have a long time friend who is now bedridden, but it was only a short time ago that she showed difficulty in walking because of her dementia. Late stage dementia is so taxing on the caregiver. Glad to see that Miguel has help. Though he does remind me of my friend's husband, in that he seems reluctant to let the other helper help.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aloeonatable said:

Wow, Rebecca's advanced to a wheel chair. I have a long time friend who is now bedridden, but it was only a short time ago that she showed difficulty in walking because of her dementia. Late stage dementia is so taxing on the caregiver. Glad to see that Miguel has help. Though he does remind me of my friend's husband, in that he seems reluctant to let the other helper help.

Just a short clip but I wonder if she’s calmer with him.  She still seems to know him here 

• Love 2

The upcoming episode that is dedicated to Miguel seems to me like "hey guys, remember a person we ignored for 6 seasons? here is an episode for him"

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, himela said:

The upcoming episode that is dedicated to Miguel seems to me like "hey guys, remember a person we ignored for 6 seasons? here is an episode for him"

Amen to that !

• Love 3
1 hour ago, debraran said:

Just a short clip but I wonder if she’s calmer with him.  She still seems to know him here 

She knows to be comfortable with him, but she may not realize exactly who he is. That is usually how it works. If you asked her his name, she may not be able to tell you what it is, but she "knows' him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Aloeonatable said:

She knows to be comfortable with him, but she may not realize exactly who he is. That is usually how it works. If you asked her his name, she may not be able to tell you what it is, but she "knows' him.

In the last few years of my grandmother's life, she "knew" me and my sister.  She may not have remembered our names nor our relationship to her, but she knew we belonged to her.  We were the ones who spent the most time with her compared to the rest of my cousins.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, himela said:

So it would be better if they stayed consistent and didn't do it at all?

I'm not seeing the downside here.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So it would be better if they stayed consistent and didn't do it at all?

I mean, do we care at this point? We've finally moved on from the millions of flashbacks to the future. Who cares about Miguel's life 70 years ago so close to the finale? I prefer to see more from the present and what leads to the future.

• Love 1

I’m only here for Miguel and am angry that it has taken this long.

I always tell DH that his mom doesn’t necessarily remember him, but she remembers the love.

• Love 3

I'm curious to see the time jumps-is it all in the future and the way past. It would be hard to be current since we know a few big facts like Kate/Toby divorce, Madison marriage and new baby and of course no more Kevin love mystery.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, himela said:

I mean, do we care at this point? We've finally moved on from the millions of flashbacks to the future. Who cares about Miguel's life 70 years ago so close to the finale? I prefer to see more from the present and what leads to the future.

I care about how Miguel and Rebecca reconnected. I don't care too much about Miguel's life before he knew the Pearsons. Did we ever get a back story on Toby, like his own episode? Sophie's back story? I know we got bits and pieces of Toby's, Sophie's and Miguel's relationship with their families, but until now, no stand alone episode. I have a feeling this Miguel episode will be heavy on his present day relationship with Rebecca and her children. At least I hope so. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Aloeonatable said:

I care about how Miguel and Rebecca reconnected. I don't care too much about Miguel's life before he knew the Pearsons. Did we ever get a back story on Toby, like his own episode? Sophie's back story? I know we got bits and pieces of Toby's, Sophie's and Miguel's relationship with their families, but until now, no stand alone episode. I have a feeling this Miguel episode will be heavy on his present day relationship with Rebecca and her children. At least I hope so. 

Toby had a stand alone episode in season 3 called "Toby."  As for Sophie, we have seen her in every stage of the Big 3s childhood.  There really is not that much story to tell at this point. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Toby had a stand alone episode in season 3 called "Toby."  As for Sophie, we have seen her in every stage of the Big 3s childhood.  There really is not that much story to tell at this point. 

We haven't seen the last of Toby.  In the preview of the next of the remaining three episodes, he's talking on a cell phone.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

We haven't seen the last of Toby.  In the preview of the next of the remaining three episodes, he's talking on a cell phone.

Ken Olin also mentioned, on Twitter, Chris Sullivan filming on the last day of production

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aloeonatable said:

Ken Olin also mentioned, on Twitter, Chris Sullivan filming on the last day of production

He was at Rebecca’s. I’m sure he’ll be in last episode too

I see where Episode 17 is entitled "The Train." I think that will be Rebecca's final episode and I envision her riding on a train as she did when she was a girl and flashing to different parts of her life as she transitions to the afterlife.

Episode 18 (series finale) is titled, simply, "Us" and is said to focus on the Big 3 and their children, up to adulthood. 

So hard to believe there are only 3 episodes left.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CountryGirl said:

I see where Episode 17 is entitled "The Train." I think that will be Rebecca's final episode and I envision her riding on a train as she did when she was a girl and flashing to different parts of her life as she transitions to the afterlife.

Episode 18 (series finale) is titled, simply, "Us" and is said to focus on the Big 3 and their children, up to adulthood. 

So hard there are only 3 episodes left.

Maybe different people get on board with Jack being last but not better or worse than Miguel etc. maybe she recognizes Kyle and hugs him. I sometimes like fans ideas more than writers ;) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I would cast Justin Hartman as Kyle.  

Not that he's corporeal in any way, or has somehow aged along with his brother, but that this is what he looks like to Rebecca, who knew him even if she never saw him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Question.  What was the time frame of when the 3 talked to Miguel about getting help ( after he had hurt his back) to the time he passed away with Rebecca being in the wheelchair? (I know the beginning scene the doc mentions hip replacement and shortness of breath).   Kevin in the funeral scene does not have gray hair or the beard like he does in the Rebecca bed scene.  The time frames are confusing me. 

Wonder if they will show the scene where they have to tell Rebecca that Miguel is gone? The actor that portrays Miguel finished up this week. Shudders this last episode hit so close to home it was hard to watch.  

• Love 4

I'm hoping Jon already filmed The Train episode. "If" they do the dead souls thing, we know William is there, he has to be. When asked, he said something like people keep showing up on TIU but I hope so. I mean Jack died and I think Milo got more air time than before. lol

I just don't want to see him forgotten the last few shows.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Question.  What was the time frame of when the 3 talked to Miguel about getting help ( after he had hurt his back) to the time he passed away with Rebecca being in the wheelchair? (I know the beginning scene the doc mentions hip replacement and shortness of breath).   Kevin in the funeral scene does not have gray hair or the beard like he does in the Rebecca bed scene.  The time frames are confusing me. 

Wonder if they will show the scene where they have to tell Rebecca that Miguel is gone? The actor that portrays Miguel finished up this week. Shudders this last episode hit so close to home it was hard to watch.  

The finale is about the Pearsons, past, present and future.  This includes the far future, likely featuring adult Jack Damon, Hailey and Kevin’s twins.  Maybe even Jack’s baby.  So yeah, I’d think Miguel is in that episode. 

• Love 1

The final two episodes were both written by Dan Fogelman. As CountryGirl speculated above, the first -- The Train -- is likely to feature Rebecca's death, and the final, Us, to shine a flashlight on the newest branches of the family tree.

My spec: Kevin's painting will be featured there, as it first was in S01.E05: where we first learned that Jack was dead in the present, and Kevin concluded, "There’s no you or me or them. There’s just us."

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Aloeonatable said:

I saw a short IG story, posted by little Jack's mother, that showed grownup Jack the 2nd with pre-teen Jack the 2nd singing. I think the last episode will be the future generations.

Yes and foundation for future spinoff or movie if he desires and can work it out

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

Maybe this is too cheesy, but I keep envisioning a montage narrated by an acceptance speech by Kevin.  Maybe it morphs into an acceptance speech by young Jack as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Aloeonatable said:

I saw a short IG story, posted by little Jack's mother, that showed grownup Jack the 2nd with pre-teen Jack the 2nd singing. I think the last episode will be the future generations.

I haven't seen the story as I don't follow that account, but I've heard that this is what the finale will be about.  It's entitled "Us."  

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Maybe this is too cheesy, but I keep envisioning a montage narrated by an acceptance speech by Kevin.  Maybe it morphs into an acceptance speech by young Jack as well.

And maybe it morphs into an inauguration speech by Randall.  This show proved to me that nothing is too cheesy.  This show proved to me that they can make the worst, cheesiest  Hallmark movie look like the work of a genius.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

And maybe it morphs into an inauguration speech by Randall.  This show proved to me that nothing is too cheesy.  This show proved to me that they can make the worst, cheesiest  Hallmark movie look like the work of a genius.

Oh mercy that would be so beyond cheese but wouldn’t surprise me.  I’ll go a step further.  

Desha discovers the cure for “ fill in the blank”; Tess becomes a Goodwill Ambassador; Kate’s Jack wins a Grammy or better yet becomes a EGOT winner; Beth’s dance company becomes internationally well known; Kevin’s company makes the Forbes list; Annie continues to be forgotten or is the one looking at the snoglobe in the last scene.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Philip said “We just got our schedule for the end, and the last day will be everyone in the last scene,” the actor revealed. 

I guess that’s predictable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2022 at 10:47 AM, Pallas said:

The final two episodes were both written by Dan Fogelman. As CountryGirl speculated above, the first -- The Train -- is likely to feature Rebecca's death, and the final, Us, to shine a flashlight on the newest branches of the family tree.

My spec: Kevin's painting will be featured there, as it first was in S01.E05: where we first learned that Jack was dead in the present, and Kevin concluded, "There’s no you or me or them. There’s just us."

I was just thinking about Kevin's painting and would love it if the final image was the camera zooming out on some quick images of the Big 3 and offspring and their offspring to blur them into different swirls of color that is revealed to be Kevin's painting. 

1*HSik9gN908YljUTBAIVcNQ@2x.jpeg

I don't care if that would be seen as "cheesy." I think it would be beautiful. 

• Love 8

What if…the very last scene is actually someone typing a sentence on a word processor?  And the camera pulls away from the laptop and fades into a book??  Maybe it’s a memoir by one of the Big 3…or, it’s actually a…novel!  

• LOL 1

That was a reveal in the highly-acclaimed, fairly recent finale of a cable series -- the protagonists' daughter has published a novel based on the narrative -- so I hope not.

Though Kate is in a position to write about her brothers the President and the movie star and her son the folk-rock star, so someone's going to offer. Meanwhile, maybe Toby will discover that his dream job is really writing a tell-all. "Pilgrim Rick and Me: What I'm Thankful For."

• LOL 9

I think Rebecca dies and is greeted by Jack in the afterlife. They enter a fantasy house and Kyle is there as a little boy and they raise him in this parallel world... it's a dream place.  Then one by one their house is filled with the big three as they pass on and they revert to kids and they stay suspended in time in this dream house as the big four.... oh well, just a thought lol. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Pallas said:

That was a reveal in the highly-acclaimed, fairly recent finale of a cable series -- the protagonists' daughter has published a novel based on the narrative -- so I hope not.

Though Kate is in a position to write about her brothers the President and the movie star and her son the folk-rock star, so someone's going to offer. Meanwhile, maybe Toby will discover that his dream job is really writing a tell-all. "Pilgrim Rick and Me: What I'm Thankful For."

The protagonist's daughter, eh?  Heh...if they actually go that direction, then the author is likely Annie...for obvious reasons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

I think Rebecca dies and is greeted by Jack in the afterlife. They enter a fantasy house and Kyle is there as a little boy and they raise him in this parallel world... it's a dream place.  Then one by one their house is filled with the big three as they pass on and they revert to kids and they stay suspended in time in this dream house as the big four.... oh well, just a thought lol. 

With Miguel left out in the cold?  Oh I hope not.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

With Miguel left out in the cold?  Oh I hope not.

Well, maybe Miguel reverts to the friend he was to Jack before Jack died. I think there is going to be some tearjerker ending involving who has died. 

55 minutes ago, Aloeonatable said:

Maybe we'll see Rebecca remembering things from her life as she passes away. Sort of the "life flashes before your eyes," montage. 

I truly think this is what it will be.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Well, maybe Miguel reverts to the friend he was to Jack before Jack died.

He deserves better than this, too, IMO.

• Love 7
(edited)

They showed Jack hugging Rebecca in that pretty floral dress she last filmed in as the "last pic" on TIU and crew was clapping. I think she is young in her afterlife scenes and Griffin Dunne put this on his social media page. I assume they are all old in filming and she gets younger on her journey. She really did look pretty.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdNM7kjuQvj/?fbclid=IwAR2lof8g5_jR6Hh8DHqNgWbs_fq4UC1GG_D06cOOLpeaqcde7C9bWP2IIAs

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdMMtPTvOJt/

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 5:16 PM, Dreamboat Annie said:

And maybe it morphs into an inauguration speech by Randall.  

About 5 episodes behind, long story but I reward myself for surviving life with one new show a week. Anyway, Randall cannot be president as either Ben Wyatt or Leslie Knope are president in the future. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, BAForever said:

About 5 episodes behind, long story but I reward myself for surviving life with one new show a week. Anyway, Randall cannot be president as either Ben Wyatt or Leslie Knope are president in the future. 

He could be Leslie's VP.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1