Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

On February 24, 2018 at 10:08 PM, legaleagle53 said:

On February 23, 2018 at 7:36 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I share your sense of frustration regarding the pairing, but for another reason...  I think this just about assures that Jessica (Wyatt's dead wife) will come back now, even if for just a short time - until time travel events re-erase her from existence, or Rittenhouse 'fixes the mistake' and kills her again.  Thus the wangsty relationship trouble of breaking up W/L and then going through a time of angsty drama before coming back together through and after all the mess. 

NOT looking forward to that scenario if it plays out, like I have a feeling that it could in fact end up being the case.

I don't see what the point would be, since Wyatt already made it clear that he's finally accepted Jessica's death, has given up trying to save her, and has moved on.  How would she be brought back if he was the only one who was ever interested in doing so?  I seriously doubt that Carol, Emma, and Rittenhouse give a damn.

Maybe I'm being paranoid because of my insane hatred of love triangles, but I'm tempted to put my response in spoiler tags to prevent some love triangle loving writer from the show from reading it (heh).
But an excuse for a Wyatt-Lucy-Jessica (Wyatt's dead wife) triangle could be easily manufactured out of Rittenhouse's fear that a team of Lucy and Wyatt will somehow prevail over Rittenhouse—maybe even through Lucy-Wyatt progeny—and then, egads, our lovely little time travel show would be saddled with both a love triangle plot and a baby plot—who would likely be a frackin' Star Child.

• Love 3
On March 1, 2018 at 4:33 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

Lucy and Wyatt doesn't rage me. It just annoys me. I've said before and I'll say again, a romance isn't needed on this show. The cast is fairly large and romance isn't what the show is about. Tell the time travel stories, show the adventure and drama, but I don't need a "couple" on this show. TBH I am mainly worried I'll end up hating Lucy if Lucy and Wyatt are focused on too much. I stopped watching 'Rectify" because I hated her character in that show, and Goran or no Goran, if I have to sit through "Wucy "(what a stupid name) shoved down my throat, I'll stop watching this, too. And that's sad for me because I think the Lucy and Flynn interactions are the best thing about this show. Not that I want them to be a couple, either. Perhaps there are hints here and there and the last few episodes of the final season, okay. Same with anyone else (I can tolerate Jiya and Rufus because I don't think there is any danger of them annoying me, nor of them eating the show.  But I say leave all that non essential romance and coupling to the side and focus on plot and characterization.

Ha, well, it may be a small bit of good news to know most shippers I know have settled on Lyatt over Wucy. Though I don't love either of those names. I really like them together, I ship them, but I don't need or want it to take over the show. Kiss here or there, relieved reunion hugs like in the World's Columbian Exposition episode, a bit of angst thrown in, I'm good.

A relationship is supposed to just thread through the show. Like Rufus and Jiya. I don't want it to take away from the history jump from week to week.

Trust me, real shippers can take tiny scraps and run with it. Sometimes it's more fun that way.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SecretSK said:

Ha, well, it may be a small bit of good news to know most shippers I know have settled on Lyatt over Wucy. Though I don't love either of those names. I really like them together, I ship them, but I don't need or want it to take over the show. Kiss here or there, relieved reunion hugs like in the World's Columbian Exposition episode, a bit of angst thrown in, I'm good.

A relationship is supposed to just thread through the show. Like Rufus and Jiya. I don't want it to take away from the history jump from week to week.

Trust me, real shippers can take tiny scraps and run with it. Sometimes it's more fun that way.

Lyatt makes me think of the game Star Fox 64 - the star system it took place in was Lylat.

17 hours ago, SecretSK said:

The problem is, because they are two of the main characters, it will do more than just be a thread through the show. I guess the merciful thing is, there are only ten episodes this season.

T think I might like them if: Wyatt had a personality. If the actor could act. And if he had any charisma ?. But let's be real: for me, it's that there has been no build up to it. Fastening someone's seat belt is NOT a precursor to romance. They've had literally almost NO personal conversations other than "my wife blah blah" and "my sister blah blah". I think we are supposed to assume they've had all these deep, meaningful bonding moments during the trips back and forth. Too bad it was almost never shown.

That's the issue: on this show, you can have the drama and adventure and plot, or you can have the characterization and relationships. One will suffer. Here, the characterizations/relationships HAVE suffered. They go from strangers to "we're partners" "we're friends" "we're family". (talking about the team in general, not just Lucy and Wyatt).

So when did that happen onscreen  ? When did the characters bond ? We're TOLD they've bonded. But the deep bonding isn't being shown much at all. There are moments, like Rufus taking out Wyatt's bullet, but those moments are few and far between. And guess what ? Now we're being TOLD that Wyatt loves Lucy because RUFUS HAS TO TELL US. Sorry for the shouting, but anyone who knows about writing 101 knows that's BAD WRITING. You should SHOW, you don't TELL. And what I SEE, is Lucy and Wyatt care for each other, but so what ? I don't know. I think the whole pairing is forced and ridiculous. But then, I think this idea that they are all great friends and "family" has equally come from nowhere. Seriously, do these people not have ANY other friends  ?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Did Lucy disappear in the finale? I don't remember that.

Her last scene was finding out her Mom was Rittenhouse. I believe while they were talking. Rittenhouse killed everyone guarding the new ship, and Annie took the ship for them. I can't remember if it was the last scene for the show. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2018 at 9:14 PM, Stuffy said:

Her last scene was finding out her Mom was Rittenhouse. I believe while they were talking. Rittenhouse killed everyone guarding the new ship, and Annie took the ship for them. I can't remember if it was the last scene for the show. 

It was.  What made it memorable for me was the growing expression of horror on Lucy's face as she realized what Carol was telling her.  As I've said before, it's like suddenly finding out that you're the offspring of Satan and it's your eternal destiny to preside over Hell as its rightful ruler someday.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 4
On March 6, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Lieutenant said:

Longest promo yet, with just about all the cast getting some screen time.  Ngl, I'm getting pretty damn pumped for this season to air.  Almost there!  

So Wyatt is definitely all "Lucy…Lucy…Lucy…" instead of "my wife…my wife…my wife…"

On 3/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Chas411 said:

Did Lucy disappear in the finale? I don't remember that.

She didn't disappear, but from what I understand, 

Spoiler

she's missing in the Season 2 premiere because Carol and Emma have taken her back to WW I France, but nobody else knows that -- they only know that she's gone, and nobody knows where she is.  It's why Special Agent Christopher goes to "recruit" Flynn to help the Time Trio find her.

ohhhhh dear.  Bless his well intentioned heart, I hope he doesn't let it eat him alive.  Goran's not exactly the most social media savvy member of the cast, lol.  And you know, I don't really think that's a bad thing nowadays.  Twitter is just not good for anyone's health as a general rule.  Oy. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Lieutenant said:

ohhhhh dear.  Bless his well intentioned heart, I hope he doesn't let it eat him alive.  Goran's not exactly the most social media savvy member of the cast, lol.  And you know, I don't really think that's a bad thing nowadays.  Twitter is just not good for anyone's health as a general rule.  Oy. 

Well, we did promise him we'd be gentle with him, since it's his first live tweet.  I may even say something to him in his native Croatian to help him feel more at ease, since I know he's actually the most reserved member of the cast.  We certainly don't want to scare him off!  ;-)

• Love 2

I sent Goran a "welcome to Twitter, thrilled the show is back, cant to see more of you next week" tweet and he liked it! Pretty much made my night. Want to give him a good first Twitter experience!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, Lieutenant said:

Twitter is just not good for anyone's health as a general rule.  Oy.

NOPE. I can say without reservation that there are fictional characters I never used to hate, that I now hate, because I've gone on Twitter and witnessed the crazy fan wars.

35 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

NOPE. I can say without reservation that there are fictional characters I never used to hate, that I now hate, because I've gone on Twitter and witnessed the crazy fan wars.

Hopefully, Goran's been warned about that in advance.  I'd be especially worried about a potential war between the Wucy/Lyatt shippers and the Flucy ones.  On the other hand, he grew up in what used to be Yugoslavia -- he's undoubtedly seen worse!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Hopefully, Goran's been warned about that in advance.  I'd be especially worried about a potential war between the Wucy/Lyatt shippers and the Flucy ones.  On the other hand, he grew up in what used to be Yugoslavia -- he's undoubtedly seen worse!

So far, it seems like Goran is having fun on Twitter. He's really interacting with fans and he just seems happy to have the show back. It put a smile on my face to see him enjoying the fan comments.

As for ship wars, I've seen it get very ugly with other shows. However, unless the show deliberately fans the fights (a la The 100, for example), or plays up ambiguity or a love triangle, hopefully it will be ok. I was late to join the fandom last season, but unless I've missed something the only real "fights" I've seen are on tumblr, and they're relatively mild.

Besides, who can hate Goran? I mean, Flynn killed a lot of people last season and I still love Goran!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SecretSK said:

So far, it seems like Goran is having fun on Twitter. He's really interacting with fans and he just seems happy to have the show back. It put a smile on my face to see him enjoying the fan comments.

As for ship wars, I've seen it get very ugly with other shows. However, unless the show deliberately fans the fights (a la The 100, for example), or plays up ambiguity or a love triangle, hopefully it will be ok. I was late to join the fandom last season, but unless I've missed something the only real "fights" I've seen are on tumblr, and they're relatively mild.

Besides, who can hate Goran? I mean, Flynn killed a lot of people last season and I still love Goran!

Indeed.  I'm such a huge fan of his that I promised myself I'd start learning Croatian if he joined Twitter so I could talk to him in his native language -- and it's turning out to be such an easy language (thanks to my Russian and Polish) that I decided to tackle Bosnian, Serbian, Czech, and Latvian while I was at it!

• Love 3

I had no idea Show was coming back until I was checking my cable listings for last night and saw Timeless was one.  And I discovered it was the third episode in.  I was able to watch the first two on Comcast before the third.  I guess I don't watch NBC much, because I'm sure they did ads.  Glad to have them back!

3 hours ago, Notwisconsin said:

let's see, three down, four to go...that means next week is the exact middle of the season. that was quick....

The next episode is in two weeks (next Sunday is Easter, you know), and there are actually seven episodes left (it was a ten-episode order, not seven). So April 15 will mark the halfway point in the season.

Edited by legaleagle53

Network Renewals 2018: What’s Safe, What’s In Danger & What’s On The Bubble
by Nellie Andreeva • March 27, 2018 6:44pm
http://deadline.com/2018/03/network-renewals-agents-of-shield-izombie-scorpion-the-last-man-on-earth-bubble-1202352573/

... After beating cancellation once, the odds for Timeless doing it again are long based on its Season 2 ratings performance after a long hiatus, but the Sony TV-produced time-travel drama has proven the fierce loyalty of its fans with the campaign that helped to uncancel it last May, so another short order may not be out of the question. But the question is whether that would work for both parties as the series is not cheap to produce.  ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Network Renewals 2018: What’s Safe, What’s In Danger & What’s On The Bubble
by Nellie Andreeva • March 27, 2018 6:44pm
http://deadline.com/2018/03/network-renewals-agents-of-shield-izombie-scorpion-the-last-man-on-earth-bubble-1202352573/

I figured it would happen when they put it in one of the worst time slots for it.  They should've done what they said and put it earlier.  It's funny to me that Blacklist is a 7:00 show while Timeless is a 9:00 show ct.

• Love 1
On 3/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, Stuffy said:

I figured it would happen when they put it in one of the worst time slots for it.  They should've done what they said and put it earlier.  It's funny to me that Blacklist is a 7:00 show while Timeless is a 9:00 show ct.

Exactly.  Airing it as late as possible on Sunday night and going up against the TWD+TD combo?? 

Should have just left it cancelled if you're going to crap all over its attempt to keep going by placing it behind the 8-ball out of the starting gate, execs.

2 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Should have just left it cancelled if you're going to crap all over its attempt to keep going by placing it behind the 8-ball out of the starting gate, execs.

I hope they have a clear non-cliffhanger ending, if that's the case. With the post-episode 3 mess I started to doubt the writers' sanity.

11 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Exactly.  Airing it as late as possible on Sunday night and going up against the TWD+TD combo?? 

Supposedly the executive who liked the show and was going to try it during the family hour isn't with the network anymore. The new person just dumped it somewhere. Not too bright considering many people online say they watch it next day with their family.  

The time slot is past some (mainly elementary & middle school) kids bedtime. Heck my bedtime until midway through my junior year of high school was 9:00.  I hated it. I was never going to win any argument to change it when I had a younger sister that always went to bed early on her own. If I was into a movie that lasted until 10, too bad bedtime. There were Sunday and Monday movies along with miniseries all the time back then. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Stuffy said:

Supposedly the executive who liked the show and was going to try it during the family hour isn't with the network anymore. The new person just dumped it somewhere. Not too bright considering many people online say they watch it next day with their family.  

The time slot is past some (mainly elementary & middle school) kids bedtime. Heck my bedtime until midway through my junior year of high school was 9:00.  I hated it. I was never going to win any argument to change it when I had a younger sister that always went to bed early on her own. If I was into a movie that lasted until 10, too bad bedtime. There were Sunday and Monday movies along with miniseries all the time back then. 

This, and those who aren't in school, are working.  And the vast majority of the work force has to be up early for work on Monday mornings.

Guess we should feel lucky it'll get a truncated 10-episode run this season, cause it wouldn't survive a whole season (of 18-22 episodes) in that time slot.

20 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

They should've just made it a summer show. 

I don't understand why they didn't just do that - like I know they needed something in the slot... but Timeless is perfect for a summer show

• Love 6

Hey everyone - I'm new to this MB but have been hooked on Timeless since eppy number one. I think Matt, Abagail. Malcolm, and Goran gel really well together. I loved their dynamic - and how they play off of each other. I'm a Wyatt shipper - and loved the banter in the Bonnie and Clyde episode. Another favourite was the Jesse James episode. I love Daniel Lissing in When Calls the Heart - and was excited to see he was in this episode.

I know the show has some issues - but I love watching their action adventures each week. To be honest - its been a really long time since I've anxiously awaited a new episode of ANYTHING each week. This show just gets my blood pumping. I've recommended this show to three friends - and they all love it. I'm trying to pass the word around - and pray this comes back for a third season .

• Love 2
(edited)

Déjà Vu – Sony Pictures TV & NBC In Another Four-Show Upfront Negotiation
by Nellie Andreeva • May 9, 2018 9:29am
http://deadline.com/2018/05/sony-tv-nbc-four-show-negotiation-las-finest-timeless-the-blacklist-guess-who-died-1202385905/

Five years later, NBC and Sony TV once again are deep in a four-show negotiation that involves a solid drama pilot, the Bad Boys offshoot L.A.’s Finest starring Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba. There is also a cult favorite heavily on the bubble, drama Timeless, and a single-camera comedy pilot, Norman Lear and Peter Tolan’s Guess Who Died, joined by 2013 hotshot, The Blacklist, which is looking to secure a sixth season renewal.
After beating cancellation once, the odds for Timeless doing it again are long based on its Season 2 ratings performance after a long hiatus, but the time-travel drama has proven the fierce loyalty of its fans, so another short order may not be out of the question if that is financially feasible given the series’ significant budget. For a second consecutive year, Timeless ranked as No.1 on USA Today’s Save our Shows poll. Additionally, the show’s fans have been flexing their muscles, flooding NBC’s Twitter feed with #RenewTimeless messages.

Negotiations between broadcast networks and studios are becoming more and more difficult every year, with nets constantly pushing for ownership in new series and license fee reduction for returning ones. In 2013, Sony TV gave NBC a 25% stake in The Blacklist at least in part in exchange for a great time slot for the new drama, Monday 10 PM. NBC likely is seeking similar ownership/license fee concessions again this time as Sony TV tries to get as many of its four projects picked up.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I hope this beats the odds - since Blacklist got picked up, maybe they can figure something out with Timeless. I really think it would do better as a summer show.

If it doesn't get picked up, to me it'll always be a case of what could've been. I know I've said it before but seriously why is Blacklist a 7/8 time slot show, but Timeless is a 9/10 show.  I watch both, and I don't get how the creepy criminals of Blacklist warrant a family hour time slot.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, finale day for Timeless has arrived and there is still NO word about whether it's been renewed or canceled again; not holding out much hope that it will be renewed.  I think TPTB just don't want to deliver the bad news until after the show has aired so as not to kill the viewership which watches live.  Hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am. 

ETA: After submitting this I discover this has been posted about Timeless at TV Line.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/13/nbc-fall-lineup-2018-one-chicago-wednesday/

Conspicuously missing from the Peacock net’s lineup — remaining bubble series Timeless and Champions. During a conference call with reporters, NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt said a final decision on both shows will come down quickly “after they finish” their current runs. (Timeless wraps its second season tonight.)

Yup!  It's going to be canceled!

Edited by dbklmt
21 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

Well, finale day for Timeless has arrived and there is still NO word about whether it's been renewed or canceled again; not holding out much hope that it will be renewed.  I think TPTB just don't want to deliver the bad news until after the show has aired so as not to kill the viewership which watches live.  Hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am. 

ETA: After submitting this I discover this has been posted about Timeless at TV Line.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/13/nbc-fall-lineup-2018-one-chicago-wednesday/

Yup!  It's going to be canceled!

They could always renew it and stick it at midseason again or even in the summer. I know it is a longshot, but I'm still a little hopeful.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah I'm not at all hopeful after Greenblatt's wording at the press conference. They're going to look at the series as a whole after tonight's episodes. Yeah right.  These are the people that promised an earlier time slot then dumped it on Sunday's at 9/10. Which is possibly one of the worst time slots the show could've had. The only worst times I can think of are the wastelands of Friday and Saturday night. Although it might've been okay on Friday at 7/8. 

They've already made up their minds. They are just waiting to announce it. I wish the show was cheaper to produce maybe it'd have a chance.  I looked into streaming the NBC app since I'm not a Nielsen family. I've ever even met anyone who was a Nielsen family, so I don't know how they can be accurate at all.  Anyway I can't even stream nbc live because it said it wasn't available in my area.  I wonder how many are like me whose only views can count the next day when it's available on demand. Think of all the people watching that aren't counted at all.  

I'm sick with a sinus infection and therefore stuck at home bored. Right now I'm watching old episodes to pass the time. I wonder if they would have ever explored Lucy and her brother. Maybe he was being raised Rittenhouse by her birth dad, and she could've turned him to the good guys side. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 3

The 11 p.m. news on NBC's New York station just ran a story on the network's series decisions that started out by noting that the season finale just aired but that Timeless is still on the bubble. Thought for a half-second there that NBC would actually make a prompt announcement, but noooo...

(edited)

Timeless EP on Finale Twist, _______'s Fate, Flynn's 'Deep Feelings' for Lucy
By Vlada Gelman / May 13 2018, 8:10 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/13/timeless-recap-season-2-finale-rufus-dies-future-lucy-wyatt/

Below, executive producer Shawn Ryan talks about the unexpected cliffhanger, Rufus’ death, the potential Lucy/Wyatt/Flynn love triangle and more.

TVLINE | Where did these other versions of Lucy and Wyatt come from?
The episode that aired this past Sunday, Flynn referenced that he got the journal from Lucy. It seemed as if a future version of Lucy had given it to him, so that was a little bit of a tease that that was possible. It’s something that we hope to address in greater detail in Season 3 [if the show is renewed], exactly where that particular Wyatt and Lucy came from and what their circumstances are.

TVLINE | Just taking in their appearance, they look like they’ve been through some serious stuff.
Yeah. That was actually a rare time that I was on set, when we were filming that moment. It’s something that [co-creator] Eric [Kripke] and I and the other writers had talked about was — and it’s actually in the script — that it feels like they’ve just sort of come off the battleground, so to speak. They’re in the middle of it. They’re in the middle of something big, and obviously look different than we’re accustomed to seeing them look, and also seem to have a sort of closeness, a partnership, as well, that we’re interested in diving into in future episodes.

TVLINE | It is just the two of them that come out of that other lifeboat. Should we be worried that none of the other current team members are with them?
Well, I think that’s intriguing for a couple reasons. One is that, usually, in the rules of our show, you need a pilot to pilot these things, and at least in the current version of the show, neither Wyatt [nor] Lucy knows how to pilot [the lifeboat]. So the question is: Have they upgraded the machine so that anyone could pilot it? Or did one of them learn to pilot it? So I wouldn’t read too much into who’s not in there in terms of what that means for their particular fates. But it raises an intriguing question: If there’s a future Wyatt and a future Lucy, does that mean there’s a future Jiya and everyone else, as well?

TVLINE | When I’ve talked to you and Eric in the past, you’ve said that you don’t really want to go to the future because it’s always just so grim.
It’s definitely hard to do. So we’ve done the next best thing, which is bringing the future to us. One thing we talked about a lot is that this show is much more a historical drama than it is a sci-fi show, and this twist is by far the biggest sort of hardcore sci-fi thing we’ve done in the show. But I don’t think it’s our intention that that takes over the show. We’re still a show, going forward, that wants to visit different historical times and see our heroes trying to save history and, thus, the present. We still are reluctant to try to portray a future on the show. That’s a rule that I’m sure, one day, we’ll find the exception for, but for the moment, Eric and I aren’t interested in going there.

TVLINE | You’ve been playing all season with this idea of fate versus free will when it comes to Rufus’ life. Why did you decide to go through with Rufus’ death in the end?
We really like the idea of Jiya’s visions and how powerful they are, and the idea that what she saw were things that did come true in a way. One of her first visions was that Rufus was going to kill this pilgrim, and we ultimately saw in that episode that he actually didn’t shoot the guy, but the guy ended up being run over by horses and a carriage and died anyway. So the idea that there is some sort of fate thing that was going to befall Rufus, that despite all their best efforts to avoid it, they couldn’t, was something that was powerful to us — although, obviously, in the context of the twist end, where there’s a feeling like, “Hey, there’s a way to get him back now.”

TVLINE | I’ve really been enjoying what Flynn has added to the dynamic in the bunker this season: this sort of snarky, unpredictable energy. But when it comes to Lucy, it feels like there’s more going on there. What are his feelings for her?
I think we’re going to want to explore that going forward. I think it’s clear in that final episode that he has deep feelings for her. Do those take the form of something romantic? Is it something deeper? The one thing we’ve always liked is the idea that because he has this journal that Lucy wrote and really has been sort of privy to her innermost thoughts, he understands her in a way that other people don’t. He also has the shared experience where she lost her sister, he lost his wife and daughter, and in a way, they’re two people kind of on the same journey. …. Being in the bunker with Lucy, being aware of the problems she faces, being somebody that she can talk to in the middle of all this drama with Wyatt and Jessica and everything, brings them closer together as people and humanizes Flynn in a way that if you were watching the series from the very beginning, you might not have been able to anticipate. So that’s what really appealed to us as writers. Now what the form of that Lucy/Flynn relationship will be going forward is something that we’re already having long conversations about and will figure out, but we’re still working on that.

TVLINE | Lucy’s feelings are a little bit harder to pin down, especially because she has this history with Wyatt. What should we take away from the fact that she didn’t say “I love you” back to Wyatt? Is she confused about how she feels with regards to him and Flynn? Or is it just that Rufus’ death is overwhelming?
Viewers can make up their own judgments. My judgment of that is that Lucy’s been in the worst position of the group this whole season. [She handed] her heart over to Wyatt in Episode 3, only to then find out that his wife has returned. Lucy did what I felt was a really noble thing, which was to support Wyatt trying to make it work with his wife, even though it must have been extraordinarily painful for her. So I think the fact that she doesn’t say “I love you” back to him is a bit of an acknowledgment that there’s a path that Wyatt has to go to win her back.

He did make choices that were painful for her. And you can say whether they’re right or wrong. David Mamet would always talk about, “Good drama is never the choice between right and wrong. Good drama is the choice between two wrongs.” Wyatt had a choice between two wrongs: One was to not try to make it work with his wife, who’s now back, which was the thing he was pining after from the beginning of the series. The [other] choice was to abandon the new relationship with Lucy, which is what he ultimately chose to do. And so I think there’s some winning back of Lucy that Wyatt has to do. I don’t think the relationship is on equal ground at the moment. It was a great step for him to admit that those are his true feelings. It was an important part of the process. But for Lucy to just say, “Oh, I love you, too,” and all is hunky-dory after everything she’d been through, I don’t think would have been true to her character.

TVLINE | Carol’s last words to Lucy are: “It still belongs to you. All you have to do is take it.” Theoretically, if Lucy took control of Rittenhouse, could she turn it into something that does good for the world?
I would argue that Carol thought she was doing good for the world. That’s the age-old thing, right? One person’s good is another person’s bad. There’s a lot about Rittenhouse that we still don’t know yet, and Carol teases that as well. But Lucy, at the beginning of the season, was stuck with Rittenhouse for six weeks, and I don’t think that’s something that she wants to revisit. So I don’t think that’s something that Lucy is necessarily considering. But those dying words from her mother are intriguing in that way. Who knows what Lucy might be able to do with Rittenhouse or with time machines if she wasn’t always having to play defense?

'Timeless' Star Abigail Spencer Explains the Shocking Finale Reveal (Exclusive)
By Philiana Ng‍ 8:14 PM PDT, May 13, 2018
https://www.etonline.com/timeless-star-abigail-spencer-explains-the-shocking-finale-reveal-exclusive-101910?linkId=51669533

ET: My jaw dropped when we saw future Lucy and Wyatt. Matt Lanter had told me the finale ended in a way that "changes everything," and this sure does. 
Abigail Spencer:
We actually filmed me, a Future Lucy, in the pilot and then we ended up cutting it and decided that it would be better to work toward that, instead of introducing that in the pilot. That was pitched to me from the beginning and part of why I took the job, because I know where we're going. What's interesting about the time travel and the character development are things are going to keep developing, and tracking those changes over time is why people are getting hooked into the show in season two. Season one, we really had to set up the world and season two, we've really been able to explore the characters. That's cool that you weren't expecting it.

The versions of Lucy and Wyatt we've gotten to know these two seasons just met their future selves face to face. How did you wrap your mind around that doppelganger moment?
(Laughs.) Thank goodness I'm friendly with [Orphan Black's] Tatiana Maslany, who's one of the greatest actresses in the world, and she has had to do it with eight of herself, so I have a good cohort to confide in and seek advice from if necessary. And, you know, I think it'll be a challenge to not work 24 hours around the clock. For storylines, that'll be a challenge as well. The Future Lucy that you meet at the end already knows that this happened and already knows what's happening with Lucy in the present, so there can be a bit of levity to it because they're like, "We're going to do that thing." I'm very curious to see where it goes. I really hope that we get to do more.

Just so we can confirm this point: How many years in the future are Future Lucy and Wyatt from?
It's five years in the future -- and Flynn actually said that in the episode that aired last week. What's interesting is, when you go back and watch season two after you know what's happened in the end, you're really going to see all the clues that were planted. Flynn says, "You came to me. You looked about five years older. You looked good."

Future Lucy seems completely different from Lucy in the present and has a badass Lara Croft vibe to her. Did the producers indicate to you what Future Lucy was like? 
In my original meeting with them, they pitched Future Lucy as Sigourney Weaver in Alien. When we meet Lucy in the pilot, she's a historian, and that was my pitch back to them. If that's where we're going, she's gotta be awkward and kind of earnest and optimistic and child-like, so that's what we've been tracking. Where we met Lucy and where she's going, there had to be a real difference. Also, Lucy's more in transition in season two because she's not there yet, so that's going to affect who you meet at the end of the finale. Lara Croft in Tomb Raider has been referenced, Sigourney Weaver in Alien has been referenced a lot. Everything that she's [been through], it's important that she becomes a fighter -- with her and Wyatt side by side. 

Fans might read into Future Lucy and Wyatt coming through together as possibly signifying that they're together five years into the future. What's your take?
I think we'd have to be picked up for season three to know what happened. (Laughs.) 

Lucy and Wyatt had a big moment before the big reveal, where Wyatt says "I love you" to Lucy and pours his heart out about things that were left unsaid in the past about his feelings for her. Where do they stand with their relationship following that conversation?
It's interesting timing that future them shows up. That's going to be hanging in the air for present Wyatt and Lucy, and it'll be interesting to see how much more forward in time they've gone. I don't know what's going to be happening between the present and five years down the line, but that conversation will be hanging over the air now. And Lucy might have to make a choice. I do think she's developed feelings for Flynn and I think she's untrusting of Wyatt and his wife. He chose his wife, which he should have, so now what I like is we get to explore how complicated it is. 

Flynn's presence has definitely become an unexpected wrinkle.
I know! That's the big phrase: "Flynn it up, Flynn!" "Flynn's just Flynning himself all over the place." (Laughs.)

Is Rufus really dead? Do you know the answer to that question? 
I actually don't. I think Rufus is such a empathetic character. You feel a lot for Rufus. You're rooting for him. He is the one where you really don't want anything to happen to [him]. We all feel very protective of him, so I thought it was very smart from a storytelling perspective for him to be a sacrificial lamb and the one we'd all have to rally [around]. Regardless of people's feelings, everyone's going to have to come around together to want to get Rufus back. Across the board, everyone's going to be like, "Nooooo! Noooo, Rufus!"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Timeless co-creator explains finale shockers — and plans for season 3
PATRICK GOMEZ May 13, 2018 at 11:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/13/timeless-finale-shockers-season-3-plans-interview/

Entertainment Weekly: How long did you have the finale twists planned?
Shawn Ryan:
Around episode 7 and 8, we started talking about how we wanted to finish. So when we got to these last two episodes, we had a good idea what we wanted to do with Wyatt and Jessica, the killing of Carol and Nicholas, how we wanted to progress the Wyatt-Lucy relationship, and what we wanted to do with Rufus. We knew very early on in the season that we wanted to do this prophecy of Rufus dying and then actually live up to it, but the biggest twist, the one at the end of the future Wyatt and Lucy, was one of the pieces that we broke really late in the game.

So you had a different ending planned originally?
The initial plan was that season 3 would answer how…when you have a time travel show and can go back and change history, you want to be careful with the deaths you present on the show because there’s always the thought that they may not be permanent because you can go back and tweak things. Our initial plan was, they are hell-bent on a way to save him in season 3 but then when the pitch came in to have the second lifeboat arrive, it was a great idea. When I first heard the pitch I thought, “Wow that’s actually really cool because we can actually go through with killing Rufus but still have some hope at the end.” It felt like a great emotional finish for all the turmoil that we put Lucy and Wyatt through earlier in the season — and it gives us a ton of juicy moments to explore in season 3.

So you’re saying we haven’t seen the last of Rufus [Malcolm Barrett]?
The final line of season 2 is, “You want to get Rufus, or what?” I think that implies that they are going to try and turn the clock back on Rufus’ killing. So I think it’s safe to assume they are at least going to attempt to do that.

And why did you decide to have Emma [Annie Wersching] kill Lucy’s mom Carol [Susanna Thompson] and Nicholas [Michael Rady]?
It felt like there needed to be some consequences. We never want it to feel like we’re treading water in these episodes. We started to think about how we presented Rittenhouse in the first two seasons: Carol has always defined it as blood and legacy. That’s why they went back and rescued Nicholas. And we started looking at that from Emma’s perspective and how frustrating that would be to have heritage honored over merit. Emma has been such a great villain for us and I think you even empathize with her at times. We just liked the idea that someone with her capabilities was not getting what she thinks she deserves just because of who she is. We realized Carol wavering over what to do with Lucy would ultimately result in Emma doing what she did. We’re excited about a potential season 3 coming back with a whole new Rittenhouse.

So will Emma be the big bad for season 3 if the show gets renewed?
That’s part a creative question and part a business question because Annie, who has been amazing, is a series regular on Marvel’s The Runwaways [on Hulu.] She was a recurring guest star for us this season, so we’d have to see what her schedule is going to be and if she’d be open to coming back. We have to wait until we hear about a season 3 pickup before we can have any of those conversations. If we can get her, I imagine we’d proceed with her, but if we can’t then we’d figure out going in another direction. I look at these business kind of things as a way to push you creatively.
We saw Lucy [Abigail Spencer] attempt to kill Emma at point-blank range. We’ve seen her kill out of self-defense or to save others, but this was something different.
I feel like we earned that moment over the past 26 episodes. It’s something that, even a few episodes, Lucy would never have done. If you look at the whole arc of the series so far, I think what you’ll see is a slowly evolving Lucy Preston. Someone who is a pure, peaceful academic in the pilot is essentially drafted into this war of life-and-death stakes and violence. I think what we’re seeing at the end of this season is the result of this intellectual woman becoming a warrior. And I think there’s a way to justify this as self-defense. You see what Emma does to her when the trigger is pulled and there’s no bullet.

What else can you tell us about your plans for season 3?
Well, I’m reluctant to say too much about season 3 — not because I want to keep secrets from people, but because I know things can change. At the end of season 1, we had a lot of season 2 planned, but a lot of that changed by the time we actually started crafting the episodes. I’d be lying if I said I knew for sure what happens in season 3 because you’re always one writer’s idea away from heading in a completely different direction. If and when we get the greenlight for season 3, we’ll assemble the team and see where we end up.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ALenore said:

And she doesn't fool around, either!

From what I understand, a formal decision won't be announced now until later this week.  I have to believe that NBC still believes in the show and really does intend to renew it based upon last night's perfomance in terms of both live viewing and social media trending (it trended at or near No.1 nationwide for much of the evening and in the top five worldwide, and I myself hashtagged it so much that my Twitter account is currently on lockdown because I broke Twitter rules by overtrending it by Twitter standards) and is just trying to work the details out with Sony (and Sony, incidentally, outed itself as a Lyatt shipper!).

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And she doesn't fool around, either!

From what I understand, a formal decision won't be announced now until later this week.  I have to believe that NBC still believes in the show and really does intend to renew it based upon last night's perfomance in terms of both live viewing and social media trending (it trended at or near No.1 nationwide for much of the evening and in the top five worldwide, and I myself hashtagged it so much that my Twitter account is currently on lockdown because I broke Twitter rules by overtrending it by Twitter standards) and is just trying to work the details out with Sony (and Sony, incidentally, outed itself as a Lyatt shipper!).

Part of me thinks that since they didn't just outright cancel the show today- that they are hopefully coming to some sort of agreement with Sony to bring it back for a 3rd season. I am not holding my breath only because I just don't trust anyone at any Network/Cable/Streaming Service when it comes to Television. Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5