Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What the heck is she talking about:

Getting a clear diagnosis last week of the inactivity in my left frontal lobe was the best Christmas present I could have ever dreamed of. Obviously anything damaged by an outside organism is scary, but at least it validated that I have not lost my mind and that we now have clarity as to why I have been isolated at home for the past year and a half with a paralyzed brain. I am lucky to have entered a clinical trial which I hope to one day be able to share with you as I am counting on being one of the 70 percent success stories they have had so far.

Another failed clinical test for Yolanda.  It seems she has a fairly easy Christmas list.

Is it any wonder after three years of this crap the other women had a couple of discussions about Yolanda and her health?

• Love 14
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Completely agree. Yo made it her storyline and she kept it going in every scene she was in. The other gals, not so much. The topic of conversation largely became about what the roles of the others was in the Munchies comment. They rarely talked directly about Yo and her illness, just the aftermath with regard to the accusations. Except for Kyle talking about the NY deal when they were in Dubai for about 2 minutes, I don't remember anyone else taking directly about her illness. Do I believe that Yo probably talked about other stuff as well, I would think so. I also think that the other gals talked about a lot of other stuff, but what we saw was the drama involved in the accusations. The real story this season wasn't so much about Yo and her illness with regard to everyone else. It was whether or not LVP is truly the manipulative genius they believe her to be. 

That was the only conversation we saw Yolanda engage in that wasn't about her-when she was talking to Eileen and encouraging the LVP manipulator angle.  Not only does Yolanda mention her health pretty much every time she is on screen she writes about in her blogs and tweets about it constantly.  For someone not to mention her health is a slight to Yolanda. 

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Who cares though?  If the other wives hadn't endlessly talked about it, we might have had a decent season.  But they did, and that's pretty much ALL they talked about.  Screw them.  They didn't HAVE to discuss it at every dinner, party, get together, whatever.  They chose to do that, for obvious reasons, to avoid their own "real" lives.

It's the "who cares part" that I'm really surprised doesn't ever really take hold. I mean for once I would just love it to be truly broken down Barney style.

LisaR- there's been talk

---Yo- And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

LVP- Your social media is sometimes contradicting

--Yo-And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

Kyle- So Mo says they don't have it?

--Me: And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

I mean what it all boils down to is that Yolanda's display of her illness seemed rather ridiculous to the others and at times presented a nuisance to their filming schedule. Am I getting that right? Let's even add the "horrendous" implications by Yolanda that the others were Hollywood friends to the list of Yo's atrocities towards them. Oh the HORROR! So the bone that the housewives have to pick with Yolanda is that she has THE NERVE to narrate her illness and her struggles the way she has. She had "THE NERVE" to be disappointed at the minimal contact they've had but still find themselves to be in a position to speak rather at length about their feelings about her illness. She had "THE NERVE" to call them out on the fact that they engaged in chatter that wasn't always in the most positive of ways.

My thing is a lot of the grievance people have with Yo's behavior and reactions with the others doesn't truly take into account that she wouldn't have engaged in those frustrating conversations if there weren't anything to address in the first place. I.E. them gossiping about her. But then it jumps to, oh ho ho, Yolanda's cutting people off and not giving them a chance to call her out. Like why should she? Those confrontations all stems from one key detail. They were gossiping and not just in an "informative" how's Yolanda, hope she's well sorta way. Plain and simple. Every messy confrontation after that stems from one simple detail. They were going on behind closed doors mocking her and how she was displaying her "journey" on social media. Everything else is just messy messy that they are all at fault for but I find Yo the least at fault because had these women not engaged in what I would describe as, at the very least, inappropriate joking around then there would have been no need for Yo to go on her crusade to counter their doubt.

Yo's social media doesn't affect these women. Listening to her talk about it during the very limited amounts of time they were going to film with her is hardly deserving of corporal punishment and having to film something without her participating at all is far from being some true hardship. So for the life of me I could not, not matter what angle, connect how Yolanda's elaborate display of whatever was so very disruptive to any one of these women's lives. I just don't see it and I can't understand how on earth it Matters.So.Damn.Much.  It's fucking ridiculous.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Jel said:

"I'm sorry you were offended"? I don't think that would have been acceptable! She'd have to have said, "I'm sorry I offended you" and even that would be borderline . 

Thanks, the "sorry I offended you" was what I meant........

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, ElDosEquis said:

The women of NY know how to 'argue', they don't hide and cower behind a hand over their mouths.

Exactly, Eldosequis!  And they argue about a myriad of issues- not a singular topic.

I just read a post stating that LVP's inability to apologize is what infuriates Eileen.  100% agree.  However, Eileen needs to learn that she will never get that from a textbook narcissist like LVP, who is literally incapable of seeing any fault in her actions.  Or anyone else's point of view.  It's quite sad actually.  Also read that Eileen is a hypocrite because she's unable to apologize for her affair with Vinny.  How does one know that to be true?  Have we heard her say that she did nothing wrong?  Do we know definitively that she didn't profusely apologize to Vinny's ex-wife?  They do, after all, get along well and have a great relationship. 

Interesting to me that Erika said Rinna's alter ego is that she's one of the kindest people she knows.  Crucify me, but I can see how this is true.  She seems genuine, sensitive, and able to own her shit.  It is quite grating, though, that she is always "on" and laughing at her own jokes.  Most likely due to being a people pleaser and entertainer/actress.  I really like watching her friendship with Eileen.  I believe it is one of the most genuine/solid relationships across all of the HWs franchises.

Edited by lizlemon
38 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Thanks, the "sorry I offended you" was what I meant........

Sir, I believe you were just Eileened!

(Like Lisa was -- sorry, ducking!)

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

This reunion showed me that Kim desperately wants to be back on the show and I wonder why. She hates opening up her private life, she rarely seems to enjoy the events, she rarely hosts her own events, she doesn't seem to enjoy interacting with new people (and that's something she's frequently had to deal with on this show), she makes it seem like it's a struggle to be around alcohol fueled parties, she admits that doing the show has damaged her relationship with her sister, etc. Apart from the money, which I'm sure is her primary motivation, I don't feel like she gets much positivity out of the show. Kyle on the other hand, the show seems to have improved the quality of her life in multiple ways.

Money may be a pretty powerful motivator, despite how destructive this show is for her. What else is she living on? The other thing she desperately needs is her fame-fix. Being THE Kim Richards seems to be her entire identity. It's too bad she hasn't attended enough addiction counselling to learn the definition of insanity.

For some reason I can't get on the Bravo site today. Did Yolanda mention where/how she was diagnosed with a damaged left frontal lobe aka paralyzed brain?

• Love 5

My general observations:

Eileen-

1.  If she had said outright "When you said, 'was that when the affair started?' it made me feel as though you were referring to my marriage as cheap and tawdry and hurt my feelings." I really think Lisa V would have apologized.  Instead, Eileen said something along the lines of "remember when you asked me how I met my husband?" to which Lisa V was genuinely shocked as to why that would be an issue.  Eileen's problem is her inability to articulate what was bothering her & then to continue to bring it up and then pretend like she accepted Lisa V's apology.  I'd be confused and agitated, too, if someone I felt like I had apologized to multiple times (for something totally ill-defined) kept coming at me for another apology. 

2.  For all of her talk about how Lisa V is manipulative, she is sure the only one who has actually appeared manipulative on screen.  She was manipulating Lisa R all season in to being on her side and then going at it again with Kathryn on the reunion couch!  The woman is a study in projection.

3.  Eileen is the reason Yolanda knows anything about the Munchhausen accusation at all.  She spilled the beans early on & from the sounds of it, knew Lisa R. was going to bring it up on camera before it ever even happened.  She keeps mentioning that Lisa R. had told her all about how Lisa V. encouraged her to say it, yet she didn't seem at all surprised by the fact that Lisa V. & Kyle refused to engage when Lisa R brought it up at the Pony Meet & Greet.   

4.  For someone who feels so offended by a friend wanting the gossip on her affair, she has no problem asking a friend for the low down on her sister "escaping" from rehab.

Rinna-

1.  Lisa Rinna.  You cannot just say whatever sick, disgusting thing comes in to your mind- calling people dangerous, gross, Munchhausen,etc- and then say "I own it, that was then this is now" and think everyone should move on.  Additionally, no one else should take the blame with you because they encouraged you to say something.  You're a grown woman, the only person responsible for what comes through those ugly lips is you. 

2.  Lisa R cannot help but make everything about herself.  She feels vindicated in her behavior RE Kim because she lost a sister to addiction.  Kim isn't her sister and quite frankly, isn't any of her business.  She wasn't on the show this year & they had no interaction until the final party.  Her obsession with Kim and Brandi became borderline frightening.

3.  I truly think she has a hard time discerning what people mean when they say things that could be taken multiple ways and wonder if she has a difficult time understanding tone and context.  She only hears "I thought you were going to bring Kyle in to it." as "Why didn't you bring Kyle in to it?" rather than the possible "I'm glad you didn't bring Kyle in to it.".  And she hears "There goes our **** story-line" as "Let's make this our story-line" rather than the possible "Oh no, now the whole season is going to be about Yolanda and her illness."

4.  Does she not recall LVP coming to her defense earlier in the season at Erica's?  She jumped in and said that Rinna never said that Yolanda has Munchhausen, just that Rinna had engaged in a conversation.  Also, she was pretty blunt about the fact that, she too, thought Yolanda was inconsistent and her instagram was confusing.  As far as all that goes, Lisa V "owned it" pretty early on. 

Vanderpump-

1. I wish she would just say, "We had spoken a few times about the inconsistencies displayed by Yolanda regarding her illness with her instagram and also some of the activities she was able to participate in.  At one point, Rinna said that her hair dresser told her that Yolanda sounded like someone she knew who had Munchhausen and Rinna shared that information with both Kyle & me.  When she mentioned that she would bring it up on camera, I told her that if she felt so strongly about it she needed to be clear that she was the only one who had said that word and not to drag the rest of us in to it.  When she left that day, I did say, 'I thought you were going to bring Kyle in to it' meaning: I know you have discussed this at length with Kyle & I was worried you would bring that up and also drag us all in to it, but phew- glad that didn't happen.  I also did own up to talking about the instagram and feeling like Yolanda was inconsistent right to her face at Erica's BBQ, so I was trying to protect you and say that it wasn't just you who was questioning it."    

• Love 12
(edited)
47 minutes ago, lizlemon said:

Exactly, Eldosequis!  And they argue about a myriad of issues- not a singular topic.

I just read a post stating that LVP's inability to apologize is what infuriates Eileen.  100% agree.  However, Eileen needs to learn that she will never get that from a textbook narcissist like LVP, who is literally incapable of seeing any fault in her actions.  Or anyone else's point of view.  It's quite sad actually.  Also read that Eileen is a hypocrite because she's unable to apologize for her affair with Vinny.  How does one know that to be true?  Have we heard her say that she did nothing wrong?  Do we know definitively that she didn't profusely apologize to Vinny's ex-wife?  They do, after all, get along well and have a great relationship. 

Interesting to me that Erika said Rinna's alter ego is that she's one of the kindest people she knows.  Crucify me, but I can see how this is true.  She seems genuine, sensitive, and able to own her shit.  It is quite grating, though, that she is always "on" and laughing at her own jokes.  Most likely due to being a people pleaser and entertainer/actress.  I really like watching her friendship with Eileen.  I believe it is one of the most genuine/solid relationships across all of the HWs franchises.

Eileen's problem is that she doesn't like the WAY the apology was presented? I said in the past that ED hasn't really thought about the affair and the way that LVP grilled her about it just took the shine off of the turd, opened her eyes to what she had done. Notice that when LVP starts to grill people about a subject, they seem to walk away feeling dirty about the conversation. I can only imagine what she and ken laugh about, later on?

ETA....When you are comfortable with yourself and you past, no one can make you feel badly about it. I think that LVP's way of asking was irritating - ED should have shut 'er down - but that is another side of the equation?

26 minutes ago, Jel said:

Sir, I believe you were just Eileened!

(Like Lisa was -- sorry, ducking!)

I am not taking you apology, I am not a 'ducking'.

; )

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Money may be a pretty powerful motivator, despite how destructive this show is for her. What else is she living on? The other thing she desperately needs is her fame-fix. Being THE Kim Richards seems to be her entire identity. It's too bad she hasn't attended enough addiction counselling to learn the definition of insanity.

For some reason I can't get on the Bravo site today. Did Yolanda mention where/how she was diagnosed with a damaged left frontal lobe aka paralyzed brain?

Maybe Santa Claus.  She did state it was a great Christmas gift.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe Santa Claus.  She did state it was a great Christmas gift.

HO HO HO, let's see what I have in the bag for Yolanda!

Well, look here. It's a defective brain! What everyone wants and prays for!

If you ever notice that her fucking 'brain damage' is always in percentages and glory be, she is always able to function, and the mean, asshole shade part of her brain never is affected?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

It's the "who cares part" that I'm really surprised doesn't ever really take hold. I mean for once I would just love it to be truly broken down Barney style.

LisaR- there's been talk

---Yo- And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

LVP- Your social media is sometimes contradicting

--Yo-And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

Kyle- So Mo says they don't have it?

--Me: And? Who cares? What does it matter to YOUR life?

I mean what it all boils down to is that Yolanda's display of her illness seemed rather ridiculous to the others and at times presented a nuisance to their filming schedule. Am I getting that right? Let's even add the "horrendous" implications by Yolanda that the others were Hollywood friends to the list of Yo's atrocities towards them. Oh the HORROR! So the bone that the housewives have to pick with Yolanda is that she has THE NERVE to narrate her illness and her struggles the way she has. She had "THE NERVE" to be disappointed at the minimal contact they've had but still find themselves to be in a position to speak rather at length about their feelings about her illness. She had "THE NERVE" to call them out on the fact that they engaged in chatter that wasn't always in the most positive of ways.

My thing is a lot of the grievance people have with Yo's behavior and reactions with the others doesn't truly take into account that she wouldn't have engaged in those frustrating conversations if there weren't anything to address in the first place. I.E. them gossiping about her. But then it jumps to, oh ho ho, Yolanda's cutting people off and not giving them a chance to call her out. Like why should she? Those confrontations all stems from one key detail. They were gossiping and not just in an "informative" how's Yolanda, hope she's well sorta way. Plain and simple. Every messy confrontation after that stems from one simple detail. They were going on behind closed doors mocking her and how she was displaying her "journey" on social media. Everything else is just messy messy that they are all at fault for but I find Yo the least at fault because had these women not engaged in what I would describe as, at the very least, inappropriate joking around then there would have been no need for Yo to go on her crusade to counter their doubt.

Yo's social media doesn't affect these women. Listening to her talk about it during the very limited amounts of time they were going to film with her is hardly deserving of corporal punishment and having to film something without her participating at all is far from being some true hardship. So for the life of me I could not, not matter what angle, connect how Yolanda's elaborate display of whatever was so very disruptive to any one of these women's lives. I just don't see it and I can't understand how on earth it Matters.So.Damn.Much.  It's fucking ridiculous.

It doesn't matter so damn much to the other women, but they have to talk about something. Yolanda's story is bizarre, her behavior is bizarre, and she lies and she's a bitch. In the Real Housewives universe, there's plenty to talk about. It doesn't necessarily matter.

ETA-Is there a RH show where the women don't talk about one another? What did she expect when she signed up?

• Love 16

Maybe Yo's frontal lobe damage was diagnosed over the phone too.

On 5/1/2016 at 2:27 PM, Avaleigh said:

<snip>

Honestly, if Yolanda can't handle comments about the length of her hair and the inconsistent comments that she has made regarding it then she needs to reconsider whether or not she can handle what comes from participating in social media especially when she's on a high profile show like this. 

Or the length of her parasite.

• Love 8
On 5/1/2016 at 1:21 AM, Umbelina said:

I think it's time to put the credit for Lyme taking over this season where it belongs.  On the other wives.  Honestly, yes, Yolanda mentioned it in passing, mostly about how she was feeling or whatever.  It's the other wives that made it THE story, really the only story this season.

Yolanda was rarely even on camera.  She didn't even go to Dubai, yet Dubai became all about Lyme, AGAIN, for just one example, but you can pick any episode really, that's all the talked about, Yolanda was rarely around.

Bingo. Makes no sense why Yolanda takes a bullet because the other women have nothing better to talk about.

• Love 3

I don't think Yo has mentioned her 'chronic disease' just in passing at all.  She has made it all about her 'chronic disease' from her packages as well as with the other women (see my 'medicine cabinet', I don't have the strength to put on make up, the non Gigi's have chronic lyme declaration to Kyle, visit with me to my cryo therapy, her endless instagrams, I can't go because I have a 'chronic disease', her 'verge' of tears at her birthday party....).  She played out the Munchhausen comment by not listening to what was actually said.  She played out the 'kids don't have Lyme' comment by not listening to what actually was said.  Her TH's  furthered this even more.

Then we have Yo's own packages.  She had her teeth removed.  Well, not really.  Those were crowns.  She may have had one tooth pulled because it had a gold post.  She had her implants removed.  She goes to her alternative medicine doctor.  And how many times have we heard her say 'chronic disease' in her talking heads.

And last but not least, we have her speech at the Lyme Gala. 

Nope.  Yo's words about Lyme and chronic disease were not just in passing.  Yo was all about  Yo's journey all the time. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Yes, Yo's entire story was Lyme, everyone knows that.

My issue is why did Yo's Lyme have to be EVERYONE'S entire story this season?  Honestly, if no one spoke about her at all, or ignored it, or simply said a quick, "I wish her the best!" then we could have had an actual season of RHBH, all of them.  Instead, Yo's story became everyone's story.

Sorry, but that's not on Yo.  That's on THEM.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

My issue is why did Yo's Lyme have to be EVERYONE'S entire story this season?  Honestly, if no one spoke about her at all, or ignored it, or simply said a quick, "I wish her the best!" then we could have had an actual season of RHBH, all of them.  Instead, Yo's story became everyone's story.

I don't think it was everyone's story this season.  It was the editor's and producers' choice to make it as prominent as it was.  Let's face it.  The producers are whispering in everyone's ear to bring up a subject or ask a question.  It's the editors who choose what makes the final cut.  So, I don't think it's all on THEM.  And this is why the 'lost' episodes or 'secrets' revealed episodes are usually very enjoyable to the viewers.  They're usually 'not' about the 'storyline'.  And they give a real glimpse into what mostly happens during filming and for the most part are left on the editing floor. 

• Love 15

We disagree.

I don't think the editors would have chosen this if the wives had given them anything better.  They didn't.  This was a cowardly season all the way around.  Attack those who weren't there, or were rarely there.  Yo, Kim, and Brandi.  (I do thing they edited out a few Brandi attacks, from things Kathryn and Erika said.)

• Love 5

RH of Melbourne had a fantastic season this year (hasn't aired in the USA yet). It was probably my favorite season out of all the franchises, especially after the convoluted mess that BH became this season. Even the "villains" are entertaining/fascinating to the point many love to hate them rather than hating them to the point they want them off the show. BH could learn a lot from the Melbourne version of the show this year (I think it is season 3)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Umbelina said:

We disagree.

I don't think the editors would have chosen this if the wives had given them anything better.  They didn't.  This was a cowardly season all the way around.  Attack those who weren't there, or were rarely there.  Yo, Kim, and Brandi.  (I do thing they edited out a few Brandi attacks, from things Kathryn and Erika said.)

Well they didn't attack Brandi.  Saying you don't like someone isn't an attack. Reciting your feelings about the harm someone caused you is neither cowardly or an attack.  If anyone did attacking it was Brandi with her brief appearance-claiming the other women pick on the weak.   Kim had some unkind comments sent her way, but they were things that did happen in real life.

The producers seemed lazy this year, and I think they had to dig for the two biggest storylines, Munchausen and Affair.  Yolanda provided the fodder with her constant misconstruing of what was being said.  Even when they had some interesting footage for Erika's BBQ production relegated it to "unaired footage".  I don't think Eileen and Rinna should have said what they said to Kyle but they had every right to bring Kim up.  Kim was part of the cast. 

9 hours ago, Umbelina said:

They would have deemed being dismissive.  They had to go see Yolanda, and three of them had to go to New York with her.  Yolanda took them for a medical procedure, there was no way around it.  Most of Yolanda's storyline was driven by her constantly screwing up what others' said.  I do think it was a total set up on Rinna's part to barf up Munchausen and I do think she thought she would resolve the issue earlier with Yolanda (Rinna has said so herself).  Yolanda kept bringing up what others' said, inaccurately, with a big assist from Erika.  The end story had little to do with Yolanda but everything to do with LVP and her alleged manipulation.  Just like Season 4.  The magazine angle had little to so with the story in the tabloids about Mauricio but everything to do with LVP and her machinations behind the scenes.  Much like Yolanda feeling hurt certain cast members used her illness as the basis for the bar on LVP's manipulation, Kyle and Mauricio felt the same way about using a tabloid rumor as the basis for an LVP take down.  Much like Yolanda Mauricio left the conversation when it became apparent the false story about him was just a plot angle.

• Love 4

I'm ED's age (maybe a year older or so) but I stop being MANIPULATED by people a long ass time ago. If I don't want to discuss something I just say "I don't like to talk about it" BOOM end of conversation. Not that hard.I also don't bring up subjects I don't want to discuss..so there's that.

Oh and I also have been married 3 times...and not once did I start dating (or even looking for) my next husband while I was married.    

So ready for Round 3 tonight!!

• Love 7
On 5/2/2016 at 10:12 AM, zoeysmom said:

I am lucky to have entered a clinical trial which I hope to one day be able to share with you as I am counting on being one of the 70 percent success stories they have had so far.

I work in clinical trials -- I find it hard to believe that somebody with her medical history (or what she's shared of it on social media) would qualify, unless it's a study of people who have done all the crackpot third world cures and whether conventional medicine can turn them around.  

Also, if they're still recruiting, what 70% success stories are they pointing to?  

I'll put my money on "I found a doctor who says 7 out of 10 of his patients got all better after _____ and I am lucky enough that he's willing to make me patient 11!"

• Love 12

I think the clinical trial is conducted at the imaginary Lyme Disease clinic where people live in vans, having sold off their worldly possessions to get treatment.  I agree there is just no way Yolanda would qualify for any clinical trial.

I am going to try and find the AMA article, where they were no able to find enough patients to participate in the proposed clinical trial for the post treatment Lyme Disease.  Apparently, the applicants had too many concomitant conditions for a proper trial.  So as far as it being a pandemic it seemed odd to me they could not find 900 people to participate. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, homeperm said:

It doesn't matter so damn much to the other women, but they have to talk about something. Yolanda's story is bizarre, her behavior is bizarre, and she lies and she's a bitch. In the Real Housewives universe, there's plenty to talk about. It doesn't necessarily matter.

ETA-Is there a RH show where the women don't talk about one another? What did she expect when she signed up?

Just such a sad sad display. What has the world come to? SMH.

13 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Bingo. Makes no sense why Yolanda takes a bullet because the other women have nothing better to talk about.

Yup, this is what it basically boils down to for me. Gossiping gone bad with the target as the scapegoat. Unbelievable and pretty disheartening.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I agree with you. Nowhere did I see her go way beyond what someone would expect. Sure she could have toned it way down like some choose to do for their own comfort but some people don't choose to keep their struggles under wraps. Some go as far as announcing their issues and putting it on display but the thing of it for me is that no matter how someone chooses to handle their illness the underlying fact of there being an actual battle going on should always take precedence over petty, silly judgemental heartlessness. It's a free country where people can be as silly as they want with their "my loves" and lemon orchards and Gigi's vs Non GiGi's. Doesn't mean they should be mocked to the point of distress while they are dealing with a real illness. Sad that this logic seems flawed or questionable to some.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Yolanda is the target on message boards and SM, not on the show.  Rinna had her as the target early on but she fizzled out on that one.  Yo pushes the victim card by bringing up Munchies at every opportunity so she is the one keeping that alive.  

Rinna switched her target to LVP.

Eileen, has LVP in her rifle cite, too. 

No one likes Yolanda very much at all.  They want this illness mogumbo to be over as much as we do.  This was evidenced by them gathering at her feet to apologize and stroke her ego so they all could move on.  It was transparent and very funny; I hope it worked!!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I agree with you. Nowhere did I see her go way beyond what someone would expect. Sure she could have toned it way down like some choose to do for their own comfort but some people don't choose to keep their struggles under wraps. Some go as far as announcing their issues and putting it on display but the thing of it for me is that no matter how someone chooses to handle their illness the underlying fact of there being an actual battle going on should always take precedence over petty, silly judgemental heartlessness. It's a free country where people can be as silly as they want with their "my loves" and lemon orchards and Gigi's vs Non GiGi's. Doesn't mean they should be mocked to the point of distress while they are dealing with a real illness. Sad that this logic seems flawed or questionable to some.

Who is in distress?  I just don't see anyone being in distress on the show.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Yoyo wasn't in 'distress', but she was in 'dat robe' we all learned to hate.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Different views observe different things.

When I think of distress I think pretty serious as in serious as a heart attack.  If we are talking about stress ranking high above anything anybody says about Yolanda would be her health, her children's health, the demise of her marriage and most likely her future earnings stream.  She can shut off her social media, and she could just keep walking if the other women and public review causes her "distress".

The best example was her saying all these women do is talk about what somebody has said and she had better things to worry about.  At the same party Yolanda participated in conversation after conversation wanting to know what everyone had said. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Even if Yo wasn't milking her illness, she was:

A.) still ill

B.) getting divorced

C.) becoming an empty nester

Any or all of those can cause distress.  Maybe someone as cold as say, Bethenny, could handle all of the above without showing distress...wait, nah, Bethenny fell apart when it was her birthday.  Seriously, who wouldn't be bummed with any or all of the above going on?

2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Some go as far as announcing their issues and putting it on display but the thing of it for me is that no matter how someone chooses to handle their illness the underlying fact of there being an actual battle going on should always take precedence over petty, silly judgemental heartlessness. It's a free country where people can be as silly as they want with their "my loves" and lemon orchards and Gigi's vs Non GiGi's. Doesn't mean they should be mocked to the point of distress while they are dealing with a real illness.

Yep, yep, yep.

Edited by ryebread
Added zoeysmom's quote for clarity
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ryebread said:

A.) still ill

B.) getting divorced

Any or all of those can cause distress.  Maybe someone as cold as say, Bethenny, could handle all of the above without showing distress...wait, nah, Bethenny fell apart when it was her birthday.  Seriously, who wouldn't be bummed with any or all of the above going on?

Yep, yep, yep.

A) The degree of which was put into question by her contradictory behavior.

B) No one knew this, because she kept the info hidden from the cast because she didn't trust them.  Dionne Warwick isn't part of the cast.  One can't hold people accountable for things that they have no way of knowing.

C) Anwar may be a non, but he still exists.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

C) Anwar may be a non, but he still exists.

But wait - I read here that Anwar no longer lived with Yo because she was a horrible monster or somesuch. Was that someone just stretching the facts? No kids at home = empty nester.  I'm going to be one soon.  Distressed.

Even if no one knew I was getting a divorce doesn't mean I'm not distressed.

A cold and my period at the same time could cause me distress.

I was answering to zoeysmom's comment that she didn't see anyone in distress on the show.  I mean, I know a lot of people didn't care that she was distressed, but did you (general you) really not see any distress?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think the clinical trial is conducted at the imaginary Lyme Disease clinic where people live in vans, having sold off their worldly possessions to get treatment.  I agree there is just no way Yolanda would qualify for any clinical trial.

I am going to try and find the AMA article, where they were no able to find enough patients to participate in the proposed clinical trial for the post treatment Lyme Disease.  Apparently, the applicants had too many concomitant conditions for a proper trial.  So as far as it being a pandemic it seemed odd to me they could not find 900 people to participate. 

It was in last months New England Journal of medicine. I will see if I can find the post.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But wait - I read here that Anwar no longer lived with Yo because she was a horrible monster or somesuch. Was that someone just stretching the facts? No kids at home = empty nester.  I'm going to be one soon.  Distressed.

I was answering to zoeysmom's comment that she didn't see anyone in distress on the show.  I mean, I know a lot of people didn't care that she was distressed, but did you (general you) really not see any distress?

Having been divorced myself, I can tell you that even though the girls lived with me full time, they still stayed with their Dad on occasion. And even when they were living with me, there was still an active parenting role to be had.  Empty nesting, or so I thought, refers to not having an active role in your kids lives because they have either moved out on their own or gone off to college.

Zoeysmom's comment was in reference to Yours Truly's comments saying Yo was mocked to the point of distress, not that her other life situations were causing it.

• Love 5
(edited)

For reals. Given all the interest and fascination on the forum by way of the amount (and length) of posts that question/defend Yolanda, is it really that confusing or surprising that those who personally know, and directly interact with Yolanda would have their own level of investment? C'mon, now.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

It was in last months New England Journal of medicine. I will see if I can find the post.

This week's New England journal of medicine has a study called Randomized Trial of Longer Term Therapy for Symptons Attributed to Lyme Disease. The results were that long term therapy yielded no better results then short term therapy. An interesting side note they screened 1200 people to participate but most were ineligible (n=281) because they were determined not to have Lyme by serologic findings or had a coexisting condition that could explain symptoms .

Here is a copy of the post dated April 4

• Love 4

One thing that has come out of the world of medicine isn't any kind of miracle cure or test, it's been the introduction of HIPAA laws - those laws help keep you personal medical information confidential. In some instances that information can be used to keep you from getting a job, promotion, driver's license. Look at what information (albeit never fully proved) yoyo talked about.

The others in the cast could have got to the root of the whole discussion had they known the right things to ask - and they could have asked without being nasty or stupid about it. If yo was 'in distress' she would have been better suited to keep her mouth shut about it. By hinting and talking about it, posting and claiming that her illness is one that doesn't exist, she opens the door for any snark and ill will that may come her way?

Anwar, to me is the 'Un Gigi'.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

If yo was 'in distress' she would have been better suited to keep her mouth shut about it. By hinting and talking about it, posting and claiming that her illness is one that doesn't exist, she opens the door for any snark and ill will that may come her way?

Had Yo known how much bullshit was coming down the pike at her, she probably would have shut her mouth.  Yes she hinted and talked about it, but I believe that was her misguided/twisted way of trying to advocate for her illness.  Did she say her illness was nonexistent?

I agree that she opened the door for snark but it is only my opinion and that of about 3 others' - LOL - that it went too far. 

She's learned her lesson, though.  Not one sick selfie on her Instagram for a few weeks that I can see. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think distress is being marginalized.  It is as if the others are carriers of distress.  Any of these women because they have elected to be public with portions of their lives is subject to distress.  A husband cheating would cause someone distress.  The term distress was being used with others' heartlessness causing said distress.  So there is just a divide.  I find Yolanda to overstate her intelligence and her distress if any is self-imposed because she does not listen.  Her overinflated sense of self-importance is not the fault of anyone else.  For others to have to kowtow to her because of her overinflated sense of importance or failure to do so is a cause of distress on Yolanda, that is really on her, no one else.    

Someone not accepting your beliefs should not cause one distress or heartbreak.  Although watching some of the political pundit shows there may be a case made for it. Yolanda asked for the women to ask questions.  When she said she had a two foot parasite up her butt they asked where/what it was from and she just smiled and shrugged.  Was she dismissing their curiosity as if there was an obvious answer?  Or was the explanation just not believable? Or did she overstate her general malaise?

In short, these women didn't doubt Yolanda's illness.  They were pontificating if it could be something more than Lyme Disease (Malibu Edition).  Yolanda to a certain extent shored up their position when she started have dental work yanked and her breast implants removed, spoke of two foot long parasites and toxic levels of metal.  I don't think she can have it both ways and claim on one hand she is being maligned by the others because they think it is Lyme Disease and something more and on the other hand getting a divorce, having dental work yanked, being dewormed, breast implants removed and various treatments for metal toxicity which would be in addition to her claims of Lyme Disease and on the other hand is Lyme disease, metal toxicity, silicone and buttworms .  In essence both Yolanda and the others are saying the same thing she has Lyme Disease and something else.  That is why I refuse to believe Yolanda is being put in distress by others.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, ryebread said:

A.) still ill

B.) getting divorced

Yep, yep, yep.

See, this is a case of same views observed the same things.  ;-)

Being on a reality show or people being contracted to bring the drama still shouldn't absolve anyone from actually taking it way passed the point of basic humanity. LisaR didn't NEED to be enraged. She was PAID to be enraged and in all actuality no she wasn't. SHE choose what she would bring to the show and would be "enraged" about. Producers push for SOMETHING it doesn't mean they have to deliver anyone's head on a platter. Good Grief. It's when the women choose to run with it that I find completely distasteful. When the women allow production to manipulate them into certain sketchy conversations is what I find low class. Sure Yo's journey can give some the bubble guts and urge to puke but I would take that authentic craziness ahead of mean spirited and deliberate cattiness for a paycheck any day. I just can't get behind that no matter how annoying Yo and her illness may come across. It's like I have to wipe a grimey film off my screen after every episode. Yuck! Reminds me of the OC days. Thank goodness the season is over. Please oh please, from now on, can we stay away from  questioning, wondering, asking, doubting, championing for, hootin' and hollerin' about the health of anyone else Satan Andy? This plee also includes those battling addiction. Phew! I will take House porn, cute hubbies, nice trips, a pony by the pool, maybe a peep through a garage window here and there and a pat the puss thrown in on occasion. But no more of this ENRAGED stage, bring down the curtain on this tired and unpleasant narrative once and for all. I beg of thee oh Bravo powers that be.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Yolanda might've shown some distress when her sickness advocate announced that Rinna and Eileen were at the door and Yolanda hadn't yet taken to her bed.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, jaync said:

I think Yolanda might've shown some distress when her sickness advocate announced that Rinna and Eileen were at the door and Yolanda hadn't yet took to her bed.

I so needed that laugh right now.  Gracias.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I wonder, does one really have to show a crack in their amour in order for someone NOT to behave badly towards them or speak badly of them or mock instagram selfies for no real good reason other than to be mean spirirted? Curious.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I wonder, does one really have to show a crack in their amour in order for someone NOT to behave badly towards them or speak badly of them or mock instagram selfies for no real good reason other than to be mean spirirted? Curious.

You call it mocking selfies.  It could just as easily be characterized as questioning the swing or as LVP called it the ebb and flow.  It was shwn at the beginning of the season that Yolanda was not taking visits from LVP.  So I would think it would be reasonable they would follow her on Instagram.  It doesn't have to be mean spirited.  How does one characterize a comment by Yolanda when she announces to the group that Brandi and Kim have done more for than the rest of them combined?  I would say that was very mean spirited and not designed to have anyone of the group do anything for her again.  She like Rinna was disappointed (distressed, enraged) over LVP, Eileen and Rinna backing out of her NY trip where she was the star.   She made the comment after throwing out some people will put themselves out.  The fact three of the ladies were going was even acknowledged let alone thanked.  

I agree with Rinna and using the term "enraged", Yolanda having lunch with Brandi and Ki should neither enrage her or cause her distress.  I truly believe Rinna was disappointed because she wanted to use Erika's dinner to suck up to Yolanda and was deprived of that opportunity. 

• Love 5

Here is an example of Yolanda leading the parade of DISTRESSING Kyle.  No excuses the others had backed down:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-4/videos/is-mauricio-faithful-to-kyle  Can't be a bigger See You Next Tuesday move than Yolanda in that scene and the talking head.  None of what was being said about Yolanda was even in the parking lot of the ballpark she plays in.  She is vicious. 

• Love 7