Type keyword(s) to search

Kail and Javi

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

I will never understand Javi. I am 28 years old,  recently out of a 10 year relationship/3 year marriage, but without kids, and I hesitate before I date a parent. Not that I wouldn't date a parent but I feel like I am in a different place in life than someone with parental responsibilities. Also, to be honest, I don't really run across many parents within my dating peer group currently (I live in a major city). Javi was almost 10 years younger than me when he met Karl-- why would 18/19 year old, who seemed to be living a fairly responsible life, with average/slightly above average attractiveness want to tie themselves down to someone with so much baggage? 

Perhaps because he comes from a huge family and children is something valued?

• Love 5

Karl also played the damsel-in-distress with Javi. She set him up to feel like she needed his help to cope with big bad Jo. I think that is another aspect that drew Javi to her. It fed his ego. Its a common way for relationships to start - google "Knight in Shining Armour syndrome" and it will pull up a bunch of articles.

Janelle employs this technique as well.  And now that I think about it, so does Leah.  Chelsea is somewhat guilty of this, but I think she and Cole are more stable overall, so hopefully it won't doom their relationship.

here is a good little description of the dynamic:

The " white knight " syndrome is a problem that seems to plague men. It's the idea that certain types of men have where they feel a compulsion to ' help" people , most times women who present themselves as, or whom they view as " damsels in distress."
Absolutely nothing is wrong with helping people who want to be helped,but the problem with the white knight is the motive behind his compulsive drive to " help" people.
His motives usually comes from a place of low self esteem , where he constantly yearns for external validation. In other words, deep down inside , he doesn't think he's a good person and people like him for who he is , so he constantly seeks out people who are broken or damsels in distress to help "fix" them, they shower him with praise and he feels validated.

The problem with this is that there are also broken women who seek out white knights , and they milk him for all he's worth.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/189778-good-men-knight-shining-armor-syndrome.html

• Love 8
1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I think watching Javi treat a child that is not his as his own has endeared him to many a single-mother with dealing with an absentee baby daddy or a Adam-like  BD.

I think so in part, but it gets really hypersexual really quickly for just being about his status as a dad. And some people are just really into celebrities. It's creepy. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I think watching Javi treat a child that is not his as his own has endeared him to many a single-mother with dealing with an absentee baby daddy or a Adam-like  BD.

I think this is a great point. And I think that applies to good bio dads as well. How else did Gary Shirley find another woman to impregnate? (I know she was married and left her husband for him) I think women who either have issues with their own fathers, their children's fathers or both might have more of an attraction to men that are there for their children or stepchildren, and treat them well.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Have you ever seen Javi's Instagram? Women are obsessed with him, begging him to leave Kail and take them, telling him what they'd do to him...hundreds of thirsty comments on every photo. 

Nope, I've never checked out before and thanks because now I never have to/want to! Hahahaha. Gross.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Military guys always seem to marry super young. It may have been a combination of the fame, MTV money, cultural background and job influence that led Javi to marry Kail. 

And they also have higher than average divorce rates. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

My belief is she was his first piece of ass. 

Kail once apologized to Jo on one of the early reunion shows for  "taking his youth away".  She rambled on as if his life had been turned upside down, and how she was responsible. She said this while bawling her eyes out. It led me to think she was Jo's first. JMO.

Totally agree. As a wise-beyond his years character once said, "Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work."

• Love 8
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I don't see it. 

He started retweeting Kail and Javi fans videos, Kail's Tweets, a video made by people at her school where she is in the background, etc, again. Last night he retweeted something from a fan that said "best part of my night was seeing Javi and Kail acknowledge each other on Twitter again" and he added a smile. It's deleted now. 

• Love 5

That was in the comments under a picture Kail posted of a drawing Isaac did that said "I love and miss you Dad." Buried in he comments Javi wrote that he "missed you 3." 

• Love 3

I am really not a fan of Isaac calling Javi "dad". It just doesn't feel respectful of Jo to me. Isaac has a dad.  Maybe it's because I don't think it's something he started doing organically. I feel Kail pushed that on him as a way to prop up Javi and minimize Jo.

Coyld just be my own weirdness.  I refuse to call my Mother in Law mom.  She ain't my momma. I have a mother.  She's Mom.  I think she would be offended if I called someone else Mom.  That title is precious and shouldn't just be tossed about.

• Love 16
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I am really not a fan of Isaac calling Javi "dad". It just doesn't feel respectful of Jo to me. Isaac has a dad.  Maybe it's because I don't think it's something he started doing organically. I feel Kail pushed that on him as a way to prop up Javi and minimize Jo.

Coyld just be my own weirdness.  I refuse to call my Mother in Law mom.  She ain't my momma. I have a mother.  She's Mom.  I think she would be offended if I called someone else Mom.  That title is precious and shouldn't just be tossed about.

I once said this very thing to a group of friends. My mom (RIP) was the woman who was there for me day after day, night after night. I cannot fathom calling any other person "mom" ever. I had one in life. No one could ever take her place.

You are correct by pointing out Karl pushed Isaac into referring to Javi as "dad". Karl plays dirty. Javi went along with it. Isaac has a father. His name is Jo. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jo has said he would be ok with Isaac calling Javi dad. This passed weekend someone asked Kail about Isaac calling him dad. She said Jo was fine with it (Jo even talked about it in an episode). Someone also asked Kail under the same Instagram post if she would be ok with Isaac calling Vee mom. She says yes. 

ir50zt.png

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 4

I cannot see Kail Hulk Smash/How Dare You Wear Sweatpants! be okay with the kid calling Vee "mom". Who does she think she's kidding?!  She would burn a village down. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Mkay said:

Jo has said he would be ok with Isaac calling Javi dad. This passed weekend someone asked Kail about Isaac calling him dad. She said Jo was fine with it (Jo even talked about it in an episode). Someone also asked Kail under the same Instagram post if she would be ok with Isaac calling Vee mom. She says yes. 

ir50zt.png

hahah yeah, okay, Karl.  Keep telling yourself that.

6 hours ago, Radrum said:

Javi wears CrossFit shit every day. That is Klassy apparently. 

Well, CrossFit shit shows the world that Javi (and Kail) are physically fit and (in their minds) sexy people (yuuuuuck) whereas Jo's sweatpants are lazy eating cake on the couch attire.  At least that's what I use sweatpants for, I don't know about everyone else.

15 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She would burn a village down. 

This is like the funniest thing I've read in a week :)  She's like Frankenstein's monster

• Love 9

Well Jo probably didn't think that Kail would show up 30mins early and throw a bitch fit about the whole thing.  If my friend is going to come over at 10, I'll be taking off my Target trackies at 9:50.  More to the point, Jo was taking care of his kid, not meeting the Queen.  So Kail and her fancy-pants trackies can take a goddamn seat because the only difference between mine and hers is the price tag.  And the fact that I couldn't give a rat's arse if I spill stuff on them. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Well Jo probably didn't think that Kail would show up 30mins early and throw a bitch fit about the whole thing.  If my friend is going to come over at 10, I'll be taking off my Target trackies at 9:50.  More to the point, Jo was taking care of his kid, not meeting the Queen.  So Kail and her fancy-pants trackies can take a goddamn seat because the only difference between mine and hers is the price tag.  And the fact that I couldn't give a rat's arse if I spill stuff on them. 

I gotta say, trackies sound much classier than sweats. I think that's what I call mine from now on.

• Love 3

I love the name trackies. I feel like that's what Brits should call them, if they don't already. (I'm American but I have strong family ties in the UK; I love all the cheeky slang.) Much "more classier" than sweats. Especially cuz my ass generally ain't sweating when I'm wearing them. ;)

So, it sounds like Kailyn and Javi were working something out and now they've deleted those signs of positivity and are back to not acknowledging each other?

• Love 5
(edited)
On April 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Lm2162 said:

I think so in part, but it gets really hypersexual really quickly for just being about his status as a dad. And some people are just really into celebrities. It's creepy. 

What do you mean by hypersexual?

Edited by Nnnniche

I think the marriage is doomed. How many reality show marriages are still together after a couple of years?

I think Sharon and Ozzy Osborne were the longest lasting and they're splitting up now.

There were the first reality show peeps (that one in the 70s, can't recall names now), Nick and Jessica, Jon and Kate, Kris and Bruce, and a ton in between - who knows if it's correlation or causation (I suspect a lot of causation, with production manipulation and provoking drama for storylines, and exposure to hangers on who want to bang the spouse), but it happens on the regular.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

PS  She has on those same black ripped jeans again. Ha

Are they the same ones Jenelle was wearing in the last episode? I've overthought this too much but those jeans do seem to be popular!

• Love 3

Hoping that the marriage breakup is not attributed solely to Kails miscarriage.  A miscarriage is a devastating event, but it was not the main or only reason for this marriage to fail.

• Love 2

Is Javi still deployed in real time or is he home?  I feel like it's kind of weird to make the decision to divorce before talking about it in person so I hope he's home and they made the decision together to ou kick announce it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Hoping that the marriage breakup is not attributed solely to Kails miscarriage.  A miscarriage is a devastating event, but it was not the main or only reason for this marriage to fail.

I know.  Christ...what would have happened if they had the baby?  Did they really expect that to make things better?!

• Love 4
(edited)

Kail just never seemed that into Javi, IMHO.  I think there were other things going on in the marriage.  All of his jealousy didn't come out of no where.

Edited by MerryMary
  • Love 3

Kail claimed Javi was lacking in emotions and not being supportive during her miscarriage.

Two things come to my mind about her claim. Is this one reason why Kail acted like a robot during Facetime with Javi because it was payback time? The second thing that comes to my mind is, if Javi was emotionless and not being supportive was it because he had doubts about being the father? 

10 hours ago, MerryMary said:

Kail just never seemed that into Javi, IMHO.  I think there were other things going on in the marriage.  All of his jealousy didn't come out of no where.

Agree.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't know. Javi has always struck me as naturally illogically possessive and self absorbed. I'm sure the relationship exacerbated those issues, but I assume jealousy and control are regular problems for that guy. He was a total dick about the miscarriage because it made him feel out of control. "You shouldn't have done CrossFit, it's your fault because ____"--classic controlling rhetoric. To be honest, if someone acted like that about my miscarriage, I'd have a hard time acting all wifey and weepy about their deployment too.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
(edited)

The whole miscarriage thing is suspect to me. For one, why bring another child into the relationship if things were already shitty? Kail doesn't strike me as the band-aid baby type of girl. She's way too pragmatic and she was the one holding all the cards in that marriage. The money, fancy cars, big houses, Yeezys and endless vacations all came from her MTV earnings. My guess is the pregnancy was an "oops", there was a pretty good chance the kid wasn't Javi's, they both knew it and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The whole miscarriage thing is suspect to me. For one, why bring another child into the relationship if things were already shitty? Kail doesn't strike me as the band-aid baby type of girl. She's way too pragmatic and she was the one holding all the cards in that marriage. The money, fancy cars, big houses, Yeezys and endless vacations all came from her MTV earnings. My guess is the pregnancy was an "oops", there was a pretty good chance the kid wasn't Javi's, they both knew it and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

That is exactly my feeling.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they were doomed to divorce with or without the miscarriage. But thinking it wasn't his when they were actively discussing having a child and young, fertile, sexually active married people? That's way too much of a stretch for me. Especially since he is NOT shy about expressing his jealousy about every little thing (texts, Tweets...), and fighting about it on camera and social media, but magically maintained total public self control about a child with another man? To the point that he was able to deliver a fictional monologue about blaming her for exercising and not bat an eye? That takes a lot of mental leaps. 

He's a selfish person and they have an awful relationship. It's not hard to imagine that, in an already toxic relationship, he was unsupportive after a period of stress and trauma like a miscarriage. That, to me, is quite plausible and realistic. Doesn't mean that was the beginning of their problems...those began at the start of their relationship. But, seems realistic to me. A symptom of their larger ongoing problems. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

organicaorga

53 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I think they were doomed to divorce with or without the miscarriage. But thinking it wasn't his when they were actively discussing having a child and young, fertile, sexually active married people? That's way too much of a stretch for me. Especially since he is NOT shy about expressing his jealousy about every little thing (texts, Tweets...), and fighting about it on camera and social media, but magically maintained total public self control about a child with another man? To the point that he was able to deliver a fictional monologue about blaming her for exercising and not bat an eye? That takes a lot of mental leaps. 

He's a selfish person and they have an awful relationship. It's not hard to imagine that, in an already toxic relationship, he was unsupportive after a period of stress and trauma like a miscarriage. That, to me, is quite plausible and realistic. Doesn't mean that was the beginning of their problems...those began at the start of their relationship. But, seems realistic to me. A symptom of their larger ongoing problems. 

Of course these two were doomed. No argument there. These two had no business being married at all. They have no business being married to other people unless they each get serious help and admit their problems, which won't happen.

These two had some major edits going on. Just like Leah, all the juicy stuff was edited out. I bet there was at least one accusation made by Javi to Kail about her possibly cheating. He implied that a few times in seasons past, why should he suddenly stop? Sure Javi mentioned having more kids and yes they apparently had sex, but that does not mean Kail was happy and was faithful. Maybe they both cheated.  I do believe whatever ugly crap Javi may have said to Kail, MTV decided it should not be seen nor heard. Those MTV fuckers have tried to hide so much from the viewers. I sure as hell do not trust them with the Kail storyline.

• Love 5

They are both selfish and very tit for tat - and I'm sorry, this is why people like them shouldn't marry. Especially when they come from dysfunctional backgrounds. They spend so much time keeping score and trying to get back at one another (like children) that they don't pay any attention to the relationship.

YAY! Let's have a huge wedding.

YAY! Let's have some babies!

YAY! Let's set up a house and pretend like we're adulting all over the damn place.

The truth is that they're too fucking immature to be good partners to each other. Maybe they didn't know each other well enough. Maybe they're just completely mismatched, but it seems that they're both just too involved in themselves to make the compromise necessary in any relationship work.

• Love 7
(edited)

@SPLAIN, I agree it was heavily edited. But they are as likely to edit out Javi's nasty remarks,as you say, while she was going through a traumatic time as they are to edit out any possible cheating. I just think it's unrealistic that they are editing it to make Javi look bad and Kail like an angel--they've never made her look that good and he's always gotten a decent edit. He's the military man who swooped in to 'save' them, etc. They've sort of been middling in terms of MTV favorability...Leah's always gotten a lot of slack until recently, Jenelle is the train wreck, Chelsea is presented as perfect, and Kail/Javi are somewhere in the middle. But they've never been able to hide their marital issues. I think whatever happened around the time of that miscarriage was NASTY. I also think it's highly unrealistic that she actually got pregnant by another dude. She/he may very well have cheated, at least by now, but she's not an idiot. She'd wrap it up with another guy, at least. Far likelier that they conceived, miscarried, and that tipped off the very worst of their already awful, awful marriage problems, whatever those might be. I think both of them are deeply damaged and capable of real cruelty. I think we haven't seen nearly the worst of their fights.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1

Javi had many asshole moments on the show. MTV was not always kind to him. I used to like this guy in the beginning. Thanks to MTV for showing us his ugly side, I came to dislike him.

Leah still gets a lot of slack. If not for posters here, we would still be in the dark about her "activities". LOL

• Love 3
12 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Javi had many asshole moments on the show. MTV was not always kind to him. I used to like this guy in the beginning. Thanks to MTV for showing us his ugly side, I came to dislike him.

Leah still gets a lot of slack. If not for posters here, we would still be in the dark about her "activities". LOL

When I used to just watch the show without reading anything about it online, I used to feel so bad for Leah! I didn't approve of some of her parenting and her car full of trash, but I genuinely thought it was because she was so stressed out and put-upon that she overlooked some things. Turns out she overlooks being a good mother in favour of pillses. 

This is why I don't necessarily trust the Kail/Javi storyline, or anyone else's for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been infidelity on both sides. 

• Love 1