Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I tried to find the post to quote it that posed the question.  Who do we believe Rinna or LVP on "Well there goes the fucking plot line."

I think LVP probably said it under her breath to Kyle.  It is her sense of humor.  I doubt Andy is pleased that Lisar brought this up.  They would like everyone to believe these discussions are spontaneous and organic.   LVP is waving it off because she knows discussing plot line is not for public consumption.   

As much as Rinna annoys the hell out of me, I think there's some truth to this one.  Kyle's expression is what sealed it for me - but only after seeing all of the expressions we see on LVP's face once it's said.  She had the look of a person who's been busted and has to go through the motions of denying.   A person who had never said that or anything similar would've jumped up and emphatically denied it - even LVP, as cool as she tends to play it.  

Edited to add....I also keep hearing (in the back of my head) the convo between Kyle and LVP - when LVP tells Kyle that she's not asking her to lie, and Kyle responds with, "I know, but I'm asking you NOT to lie".   Did I hear that one incorrectly or was it explained away and I missed it?  It's filed away in my brain in the evidence log.

Just my opinion, but I'll be surprised if I'm alone on this island.   

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 9

So back when Bravo released the First Looks, Lisa Rinna, who goes the extra mile to hog the stage at all times, told this stupid story about the "storyline".  As always (notice the exaggerated term) Rinna not happy with any oxygen being left in the room, then decided she needed to add to the story and involve Harry Hamlin.  Her comment wasn't big enough the first time, so she decided to amp it up and claim Harry said, "whether she is sick or not," today and quite politely Harry Hamlin is correcting his wife.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/harry-hamlin-reacts-to-lisa-rinna-lisa-vanderpump-drama

It appears Rinna can't keep a story straight.  I mentioned that she was throwing her husband under the bus.

• Love 10

You bet your bippie! 

Off topic, but what actually is a bippie? My dad used that word about my clothes when I was in my teens--he didn't like "that bippie shirt"...or "these cheerleading skirts barely cover your bippie!" Apparently, my closet was rife with bippie-baring potential!

Also, I don't wear much makeup. While I am aware that Erika wears much more than I would ever be comfortable with (like, physically comfortable, I mean--not in a "she looks like a hooker" sense), it looks so well done to me. Definitely not a subtle "is she or isn't she?" thing--which I don't think is her goal--but a meticulously impressive look. It suits her, I think. 

• Love 3

I have to disagree there.  I don't think anyone who is sick - mentally, physically, because of an addiction - deserves to be dragged like she was.  Sure there should be some kick back for some of her stuff - I certainly dogged her when it came to the little hearts on the place cards, her treatment of Marissa and Joyce.  Even for some of her stupid selfies.  But I can't, in good conscience, say she deserves what she got from the viewers. But I understand if others do.

Looks like she shut down her Instagram which is a step in the right direction. Would someone check that for me?  It won't load.  Hopefully her haters won't start flooding the kids' accounts if they can't get to her directly.

I can't possibly claim to have read everything, but Yolanda has lots of viewers that support her. I think that the criticism she receives here is the less popular opinion. 

Off topic, but what actually is a bippie? My dad used that word about my clothes when I was in my teens--he didn't like "that bippie shirt"...or "these cheerleading skirts barely cover your bippie!" Apparently, my closet was rife with bippie-baring potential!

Also, I don't wear much makeup. While I am aware that Erika wears much more than I would ever be comfortable with (like, physically comfortable, I mean--not in a "she looks like a hooker" sense), it looks so well done to me. Definitely not a subtle "is she or isn't she?" thing--which I don't think is her goal--but a meticulously impressive look. It suits her, I think. 

Honestly, I have no idea. I remember it from Laugh-In. "You bet your bippie" was an on-going punchline. I was a kid at the time, so it went right over my head, but because I remember it as a punchline it still seems funny to me.

• Love 6

I saw Kyle's face as Rinna spoke as one of terror, so for now I believe Rinna. It makes things more interesting, imho, so hopefully I can roll with it.

If it was about the "storyline" comment essentially Kyle looked dazed, as in "I did not hear that conversation."  Apparently, Rinna has her work cut out for her in the off-season, as her husband doesn't agree with her account of what was said as it applies to him.  Maybe it is time for Rinna to zip it.

I am counting down until I hear Rinna claim it was LVP's intent, no the words so much.  Evidently, Rinna is not honest when quoting others.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

If it was about the "storyline" comment essentially Kyle looked dazed, as in "I did not hear that conversation."  Apparently, Rinna has her work cut out for her in the off-season, as her husband doesn't agree with her account of what was said as it applies to him.  Maybe it is time for Rinna to zip it.

I am counting down until I hear Rinna claim it was LVP's intent, no the words so much.  Evidently, Rinna is not honest when quoting others.

I agree, Kyle didn't appear to agree with Rinna's story about Lisa saying "there goes the storyline". She even questioned Rinna, asking if it happened at/in the restaurant like she had no idea what Rinna was talking about, none.

• Love 12

Good post.  The hyperbole you speak of is not isolated to SoCA, it is everywhere!  We live in a society that loves extreme modifiers.  A perfect example of the incorrect and constant use of the word awesome!  :>) 

To all posters who suffer from chronic disease, know that those of us who do not believe or are critical of Yo are actually supporting you.  She is making a mockery of serious conditions.  

Yeah, this is about Yolanda. I'm sick of the implication that I don't care about people who are sick, invisible illness or otherwise. This has been my point from the start. Yolanda is misrepresenting Lyme disease and the many, many people that live with chronic disease. I have enormous amounts of sympathy. I have two people, very close to me, that have serious forms of cancer, one of them is at the end of her life, but neither of them behave the way Yolanda does. Neither of them want to feel like victims. People get sick. Many people are sick, but they are not all victims. Being a victim is a choice.

• Love 22

I can't possibly claim to have read everything, but Yolanda has lots of viewers that support her. I think that the criticism she receives here is the less popular opinion. 

Honestly, I have no idea. I remember it from Laugh-In. "You bet your bippie" was an on-going punchline. I was a kid at the time, so it went right over my head, but because I remember it as a punchline it still seems funny to me.

Laugh-in was - for the time - a risqué program. The - if I remember correctly - word was used to get past the censors at the network. There were words for body parts you couldn't use or show (Barbara Edens belly button) on network television so, they used 'bippy' as a substitute for all of the naughty bits. People freaked out when it first came into use because it sounded nasty, but really couldn't be defined.

• Love 8

I think I've scared my dog.   I'm watching the Reunion, and everytime LR pipes up, I scream for her to just shut up!!!  WHY does she need to add her two cents in every two minutes!   "I want a pallette too", "David is a good man", "Will u teach me (pat the puss)", and on and on and on!!!  STFU!!!  

• Love 7

I saw Kyle's face as Rinna spoke as one of terror, so for now I believe Rinna. It makes things more interesting, imho, so hopefully I can roll with it.

I completely believe Rinna. The thing I don't understand is why anyone wouldn't believe it. I assume they are all talking about "storylines" out in the open or under their breath all the time. Is there anyone who doesn't believe they do this? Geez, we aren't even on the show and we talk about them all the time around here. How could they not?

Lisar and LVP were sitting next to each other. It was a big table and Yo and Kyle were sitting across from them. Eileen, Kathryn and Erika were not there. It is hardly shocking to imagine LVP and Lisar yucking it up quietly; mocking Yo just like they were about her selfies. They have admitted to doing this, and that dinner/lunch was the first time they were seeing Yo. Of course they would be whispering about her storyline. There she is sans make-up claiming she could only stay for a minute. If you had been laughing about his silly she was behind her back, you would be giving her the side-eye on this occasion.

It's just another example of LVP telling a lie when there is really no need. She should just say "yea I said it. So what?" It's only a big deal because she is acting like it is all so shocking.

• Love 9

The pellet with the poison is in the vessle with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

Giselle, I always get  a giggle from every post you make. Honestly, you need to start a blog. Seriously.

• Love 4

But I can do without the 'can't wait until she's dead or bitch deserves what she gets' posts.  Unnecessary.  Imo, of course.

Who on Earth ever said such a thing on this forum?

Were I to hazard a guess, I'd say no one.  The closest I've seen is someone saying that Yolanda got the response she deserved.  Hardly the same as the above characterization, but hyperbole does seem to be the theme of the thread today.

Gee, JenfromCincy.  Thanks for your vote of confidence. That was kind of like Kyle shouting over the table, "You're a fucking liar, Camille."  LOL 

Naturally Yolanda would be in a big aluminum baggie.

I can hardly wait for Daisy to find her dead in all her vacuum packed glory one day?

No offense, EDE.  But I do find that, among other things (not said by you) beyond the pale.  I just don't find any talk about ANY of the HWs deaths or suicides funny.  That's why I stopped participating in Kim's thread.  Just can't/won't participate.  I don't hold it against anyone who does - I merely said in my above post that I could do without it.

• Love 3

Yes and Yes!

But I think a big thing about it is that she's not willing to have an open information table once a week to explain in great ACCURATE detail why on this day she was in the park walking even though she put up a selfie of her in bed resting with the caption #imdying.. Cause of course these contradictions just NEED to be gotten to the bottom of. The fate of the free world depends on it. LOL.

Mmmmm. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, I think that the reason that most people here point to Yolanda's lies is because she's misleading others. We can't know what her real medical problems are, so we rely on what's televised. The whole issue of medical records is hard to talk about, but when it comes to Yolanda and all of her claims and the way that she uses Lyme to hit at the other women, she ought to, at the very least, have a credible doctor, verify her story. If her story was real, why wouldn't she go that route? She wouldn't have to divulge personal information, but if a real doctor from Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic...corroborated her story, I'd take back everything I've written about her. She could end all of this just like that.

Laugh-in was - for the time - a risqué program. The - if I remember correctly - word was used to get past the censors at the network. There were words for body parts you couldn't use or show (Barbara Edens belly button) on network television so, they used 'bippy' as a substitute for all of the naughty bits. People freaked out when it first came into use because it sounded nasty, but really couldn't be defined.

Thanks for that. It accounts for why I couldn't identify what bippie was, but picked up on it being funny. You know how kids hearing about mysterious naughty bits are.

• Love 4

Oh, so it was an all-purpose term then. Oh, that protective Dad--sometimes I'm surprised my bare ankle didn't set off his overactive bippie-meter back then. I mean, it was a cheerleading skirt; what the hell did he expect?! (Plus, this was the late '80s; I'm sure the obnoxiously thick crunched-down socks turned off any inappropriate bippie-hounds.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

Yolanda and Rinna are so fucking lame. The former with her dry crying and walking off (after she said she wouldn't), and the latter acting like she dropped the mic with those "receipts". Such fails.

Eileen looked like she aged 10 years between the start of the season and the reunion.

She was looking her age, and more. The extensions and resting bitchface do her no favors.

Plus Faye is also relentless in defending her friends, so there.

Until her friends are heinously murdered.

Kyle claiming that she didn't watch Connie Britton's portrayal, because the Faye of that time isn't the Faye she knows...even though she first became friends with Faye at that time. Derp.

She [Yolanda] will totally be back next season and promote the shit out of her selfies medical book.

"Selfies medical book", heh. I love how she assumes that since she couldn't write, then nobody else can read. Her arrogance really knows no bounds.

I just wanted to make a point about how hypocritical she/they/us can be and wondering why it's okay for Kyle and the others and us to misspeak but for Yoyo, it's a no no.

Yolanda can misspeak/exaggerate/lie all she wants. And, she does. She may have lost some marbles, but she didn't lose her free will. Calling her out for the way she expresses herself doesn't make one a hypocrite.

It's not challenging a sick woman; it's challenging a salesperson. 

BINGO.

I wasn't crazy about her dress, but Kathryn's hair and makeup were on point.

On WWHL, Rebecca Romijn said she saw Erika and her crew on a flight. It seems The Boss isn't that free with his private planes after all.

"Our honesty has made us targets for the hate and vitriol unleashed by Lisa V., her husband and her die-hard followers."

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10

She wouldn't have to divulge personal information, but if a real doctor from Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic...corroborated her story, I'd take back everything I've written about her. She could end all of this just like that.

Possibly but I doubt it.  At this point, baby Jesus could come down from the heavens, back up all the stuff Yo says and people would still be looking for wires. 

Here is the curriculum vitae for the doctor who performed her breast explant surgery and all we could do was criticize her hat.

◦B.A., Cum Laude, Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale College, New Haven, CT

◦Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT

◦Internship in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in Plastic Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC

◦Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY

◦Clinical Instructor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery), New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY

◦Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

◦Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery

◦Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Medical Association, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons

◦Member of the International Visiting Committee, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

• Love 5

I completely believe Rinna. The thing I don't understand is why anyone wouldn't believe it. I assume they are all talking about "storylines" out in the open or under their breath all the time. Is there anyone who doesn't believe they do this? Geez, we aren't even on the show and we talk about them all the time around here. How could they not?

Lisar and LVP were sitting next to each other. It was a big table and Yo and Kyle were sitting across from them. Eileen, Kathryn and Erika were not there. It is hardly shocking to imagine LVP and Lisar yucking it up quietly; mocking Yo just like they were about her selfies. They have admitted to doing this, and that dinner/lunch was the first time they were seeing Yo. Of course they would be whispering about her storyline. There she is sans make-up claiming she could only stay for a minute. If you had been laughing about his silly she was behind her back, you would be giving her the side-eye on this occasion.

It's just another example of LVP telling a lie when there is really no need. She should just say "yea I said it. So what?" It's only a big deal because she is acting like it is all so shocking.

if Rinna's precious Harry Hamlin is going for the correction how can Rinna be believed?  Her beloved husband said she misspoke.

Possibly but I doubt it.  At this point, baby Jesus could come down from the heavens, back up all the stuff Yo says and people would still be looking for wires. 

Here is the curriculum vitae for the doctor who performed her breast explant surgery and all we could do was criticize her hat.

◦B.A., Cum Laude, Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale College, New Haven, CT

◦Internship in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in Plastic Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC

◦Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY

◦Clinical Instructor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery), New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY

◦Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

◦Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Medical Association, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons

◦Member of the International Visiting Committee, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

That physician has nothing to do with Lyme Disease.  And her scrubs look like she works in a fast food restaurant.

• Love 11

That physician has nothing to do with Lyme Disease. And her scrubs look like she works in a fast food restaurant.

But that physician had everything to do with explantation, which was why Yo was there.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 5

And her scrubs look like she works in a fast food restaurant.

LOL. Maybe.  But ugly scrubs or no ugly scrubs I may be throwing my money at her this fall. Her office is so close I can drive there faster than I could fly.  

Also, she's probably responsible for the palette in Yo's butt.  She's a pioneer in Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.   Aw.  She's cute. Those bio identicals are good.

Not bad for 93 years old. ;-)

slide01.jpg

• Love 4
It's just another example of LVP telling a lie when there is really no need.

​It's not an example of anybody lying. One either believes Rinna, or they don't; it's all subjective at this point.

• Love 5

What she says is so outlandish

Help me.

What has Yolanda said that's sooo outlandish, or sooo exaggerated….given the nature of how different some symptoms can manifest -- that people question her or believe she's embellishing to the point of lying about it?

I just don't see that such doubt directed toward her is warranted…she says 18 months instead of year-and-a half…or she posts a picture showing some activity, yet says she wasn't feeling well, she says she' has hasn't walked.. in a give time….when I say I didn't walk all last summer. I don't mean I literally didn't walk. at. all. I mean I walked once…OK…so once isn't never…..that means a person should be tarred and feathered??

And When Lisa VP said she never calls Lisa R. Has no one in life ever said I never do something when of course they TECHNICALLY might do it once or twice. And Lisa VP right in the moment did clarify herself to say OK almost never. Do we really need to pick apart every damn thing a person says. If I say I never see a co-worker for example. No, I don't mean I NEVER see her. Once a year IS close enough to never to me. So when Lisa VP says she never calls Lisa R and then when questioned OK once or twice is that really that big a deal? Not every technical untruth is an embellishment worth calling out as a lie. Jeez.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 5

She can share her journey with VIEWERS.

Has nothing to do with whether she wants to give detail after detail to these hags who could honestly care less.

Another key factor. There is POSITIVE and then there is NEGATIVE. Why is Yolanda expected to entertain their NEGATIVE reception of how she presents her illness vs. Yolanda expecting and requesting a more respectful, POSITIVE approach and I guess "asking just right" when it comes to them wanting to completely understand her battle? Why wouldn't she want the positive approach and not be insulted with the negative. I mean wouldn't we all want the nicer side of things as opposed to the nasty? Seems logical to me.

Maybe she shut them down because at that point she resented the idea of even having to explain herself to people who have already expressed some not nice things about her and her illness. At that point I would pretty much tell them to Fuck Off too!

But she hasn't really done so with the viewers either because the best way to get her message in is when she's actually interacting with the women. Do you recall many THs and conversations that gave a succinct understanding of the disease or what a typical day is like for her? I don't recall learning any of that. I do recall a lot of commentary as you mentioned - THs talking about how it's been a year since she's put on make, walked or gotten out of bathrobe. 

Well because when you take up the cause of wanting to educate people, it involves attempting to educate ignorance just as much as it is about educating the curious. Education takes the patience and understanding of reaching out to both sides of the coin and knowing when to walk away when you aren't getting through to someone. Again, this was the platform she wanted to take and she has severely limited herself with teaching people about her illness. 

If she didn't want to engage and teach them, then she would have been better off to actually say fuck off and leave it at that. She didn't do that, she engaged and tried to defend herself over pettiness. If she had said that she was trying her best to cope and recover from her illness and wanted to focus on surrounding herself with only those who uplift her, THEN I can't disagree with you at all. However, that wasn't her stance. She doesn't owe the women anything, but by her own admissions of intent, I do still think she didn't handle things well. And to be fair to her, none of the women handled any of it well. 

• Love 5

that was a surgeon who has nothing to do with her other treatments.

ETA great minds ZM

My bad.  I thought the point of the exercise was to show that Yolanda had at least one credible doctor of the 100, 300 or 700 other hacks that she employs. 

Which I did.  And still, nothing but how her scrubs look like a fast food restaurant's? 

• Love 3

Help me.

What has Yolanda said that's sooo outlandish, or sooo exaggerated….given the nature of how different some symptoms can manifest -- that people question her or believe she's embellishing to the point of lying about it?

Run, selhars, ruuuuun.

Just kidding. There are long and detailed lists of her perceived transgressions in her thread.  Out of the 101 pages (!), 99 of them are shit she's lied about.  Now THAT, my friends, is hyperbole.  But not much.  97 pages.

• Love 4

Has she commented on Chronic Lyme Disease?

• Love 3

But she hasn't really done so with the viewers either because the best way to get her message in is when she's actually interacting with the women. Do you recall many THs and conversations that gave a succinct understanding of the disease or what a typical day is like for her? I don't recall learning any of that. I do recall a lot of commentary as you mentioned - THs talking about how it's been a year since she's put on make, walked or gotten out of bathrobe. 

Well because when you take up the cause of wanting to educate people, it involves attempting to educate ignorance just as much as it is about educating the curious. Education takes the patience and understanding of reaching out to both sides of the coin and knowing when to walk away when you aren't getting through to someone. Again, this was the platform she wanted to take and she has severely limited herself with teaching people about her illness. 

But Bravo isn't in the business to educate any one on anything.  If spreading awareness was what Yolanda wanted to do, she totally picked the wrong place to do so.   All Bravo wants is a couple of villains and some fan favorites to create some drama.  Bravo wasn't going to help her spread her message by airing educational THs.  But I agree with all you say about how it should be done.

• Love 3

Possibly, but you doubt it? That's quite an assumption to make, especially since I rely on peer reviewed science to question Yolanda's story. Why would I suddenly ignore credible science? 

• Love 5

But that physician had everything to do with explantation, which was why Yo was there.

This surgeon had nothing to do with her LD, nothing, only the explant surgery.

But Bravo isn't in the business to educate any one on anything.  If spreading awareness was what Yolanda wanted to do, she totally picked the wrong place to do so.   All Bravo wants is a couple of villains and some fan favorites to create some drama.  Bravo wasn't going to help her spread her message by airing educational THs.  But I agree with all you say about how it should be done.

Yolanda has stated that she wanted to use the show and social media to educate people about LD and "invisible disease" but when she was asked logical questions she brushed them off and did not explain 1 dang thing. And, she hasn't done it on social media either.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 19

Possibly, but you doubt it? That's quite an assumption to make, especially since I rely on peer reviewed science to question Yolanda's story. Why would I suddenly ignore credible science? 

Sigh.  Oil and water.  Sorry.

• Love 3

Hold up.  Are y'all saying that you bet your sweet bippy was a double entendre?  That thought never crossed my mind.  Ever.  Wow.

I am counting down until I hear Rinna claim it was LVP's intent, no the words so much.  Evidently, Rinna is not honest when quoting others.

Eileen is much better with recall than Rinna.  Still, I'm sticking with Rinna on this one until I randomly swing the other way with just as much vigor, partly because it's a hell of a lot more fun for me to debate this than try and validate/discredit the medical history of a character on a tv show.

Which is to say- I agree that Kyle looked dazed, but I think it was because she never expected Rinna to go there.  There was nothing on her face in that 2-second reaction that suggested disagreement or confusion, whatever she came up with after to try and discredit Rinna, our new Truth Cannon.  If only I knew how to get a screenshot off my DVR, I'd totally be able to provide incontrovertible evidence that Team Rinna is on the right side of history with this one.

Did I say that over-the-top enough to make people want to fight about this instead of the only other stuff Bravo is offering us? 

Speaking of Bravo...while I loved the episode- screw you, Bravo, for giving us literally two, maybe two and a half things worth discussing.  What am I supposed to do at work now? 

• Love 8

Help me.

I just don't see that such doubt directed toward her is warranted…she says 18 months instead of year-and-a half…or she posts a picture showing some activity, yet says she wasn't feeling well, she says she' has hasn't walked.. in a give time….when I say I didn't walk all last summer. I don't mean I literally didn't walk. at. all. I mean I walked once…OK…so once isn't never…..that means a person should be tarred and feathered??

And When Lisa VP said she never calls Lisa R. Has no one in life ever said I never do something when of course they TECHNICALLY might do it once or twice. And Lisa VP right in the moment did clarify herself to say OK almost never. Do we really need to pick apart every damn thing a person says. If I say I never see a co-worker for example. No, I don't mean I NEVER see her. Once a year IS close enough to never to me. So when Lisa VP says she never calls Lisa R and then when questioned OK once or twice is that really that big a deal? Not every technical untruth is an embellishment worth calling out as a lie. Jeez.

You have some misinformation here.  Reading her thread will help you understand. 

Saying one year and a half vs 18 months?  That is not what the problem is.  She claimed she was bedridden for that amount of time, it doesn't matter how you say it.   No one has ever said she should be punished in anyway (tarred and feathered).

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Righto. That's what I said.

LOLOL.  Jeez.  Is it a full moon?

Yolanda has stated that she wanted to use the show and social media to educate people about LD and "invisible disease" but when she was asked logical questions she brushed them off and did not explain 1 dang thing. And, she hasn't done it on social media either.

And for that we should really ALL be grateful because I don't think we could take one more minute about Yo's Lyme disease. 

• Love 5

Exactly my point. She cannot get to the viewers without engaging her castmates because Bravo is not going to create a platform specifically for her. If she wants to educate the viewers, she needs to do it through the other women. She doesn't have to do so, but if she wants to educate then she has to assume a little of the fault when it comes to engaging the Manchausen discussion without bringing any real good conversation about Lyme Disease to the table. Most of the information that I've learned and have subsequently looked into have come from reading comments from this forum and the  comments section of blogs. And the commentary often ties into people looking at how Yolanda's illness doesn't make sense to them. That's the saddest part. By not addressing the matter head on, people's exposure to Lyme Disease and Manchausen is by making a quack diagnosis on her health via online medical articles rather than truly learning about the illness in a way that can generate sympathy, positivity and hope, instead it's fuelling more mistrust than it should. 

• Love 3

Gee, JenfromCincy.  Thanks for your vote of confidence. That was kind of like Kyle shouting over the table, "You're a fucking liar, Camille."  LOL 

No offense, EDE.  But I do find that, among other things (not said by you) beyond the pale.  I just don't find any talk about ANY of the HWs deaths or suicides funny.  That's why I stopped participating in Kim's thread.  Just can't/won't participate.  I don't hold it against anyone who does - I merely said in my above post that I could do without it.

I stand corrected that one of two was said, but I take EDE' s post as dark humor not as a sincere desire to see Yo die. Your post made it appear like those statements were made as a true desire. Intent behind a statement means something. If EDE says that it was a sincere desire of outcome, you'll get a full retraction and apology from me worthy of Eileen herself.

• Love 6

None taken, I worked for the ER for a while and met one of the unit nurses in the stairwell, she was upset and crying - I asked her why and she told me that they brought in a suicide attempt. He had blown some of his head off but was still hanging on to life.

She wasn't upset that he tried to kill himself, she was upset that they had to keep him alive. After years of seeing what people do to themselves to get out of life, to be beautiful, for pleasure, for vanity? Nothing phases or surprises you anymore.

My comment was harsh, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear about her checking off the planet doing something stupid.

Life is what you make it and some people just aren't equipped with a good decision making process.  I count yoyo in the group of "hmmm, not surprised THAT happened....."

Just like someone who drinks, smokes, texts while driving, scuba/sky dives, races trains to crossings? They know what they do isn't good for them, yet they do it anyway? It's hard to muster up any kind of feelings for someone who tempts danger on a regular basis.

ETA, no I don't want yoyo to die. After years of ER and OR work, you get a very dark sense of humor - your mind goes to places that you are ashamed to acknowledge. I do apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intent.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 8

Still, I'm sticking with Rinna on this one until I randomly swing the other way with just as much vigor, partly because it's a hell of a lot more fun for me to debate this than try and validate/discredit the medical history of a character on a tv show. 

Yass!  I agree.  And I apologize for my part in over debating Yo's medical history. I know, and understand why, it's a snooze for people not interested in the argument.  (All my apologies tonight are sincere, folks.  Not some kind of trumped up, poor excuse for a Lisa Vanderpump apology.  No sir.) 

I side with Rinna on this one, too. Something about Kyle's look and the way LVP always tries to be just-this-side of the truth. 

• Love 1

Rebecca Romijn also said she supported Kathryn. She didn't understand how Kyle could defend someone who would write about the murder of their best friend. She was pretty good on WWH.

I also remember "you bet your bippie" from Laugh-In. I never thought it had any really meaning. I thought it was just one of their lines like "sock it to me". But, the explanations here make sense.

• Love 2

Help me.

I can think of at least three lies unrelated to her health.  They were all on camera and Yolanda continued to deny them.  I think that goes to a person's veracity.

• Love 10

I do have a palette in my butt, I can paint a toilet bowl when I get the flu......

I fell asleep and just woke up, damnit.

lucky you, I'm going to have a HELL of a challenge trying to get my palette in my butt

Wooden_pallet_with_glove.jpg

• Love 12

Geez...for someone who rarely got out of her bathrobe, Yolanda managed to make the entire season about herself, including this reunion episode and it's Oh-So-Dramatic final moments. And Rinna is worried about LVP's manipulations???

• Love 12

I stand corrected that one of two was said, but I take EDE' s post as dark humor not as a sincere desire to see Yo die. Your post made it appear like those statements were made as a true desire.

I took it as dark humor, too, as I know EDE's got one.  I would sincerely HOPE no one here has a genuine desire to see Yo die and I wouldn't insinuate that anyone would - no one here is that twisted.  PTV isn't like some of the other sites where many of the posters are rabid freaks.  Death isn't good enough for Yo on some of those.

I'm just touchy about wishing anyone dead, jokingly or otherwise.  Or saying that she deserves what she gets. If someone had said about Faye, that OJ murdered the wrong one, even as much as I can't stand her, I'd still find that to be a really distasteful thing to say.  Meant as humor or not.

• Love 5