Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

At this point 20 plus years later, anything more than a lukewarm acknowledgment and apology would seen disingenuous. I am not certain what more Kathryn wanted from Faye.  Faye wrote about her interactions with Marcus prior to Kathryn and Marcus' marriage.  Apparently, Bravo decided that what made Kathryn interesting is references to Marcus Allen. 

If Kathryn is unable to forgive Faye than she should state the same.  Faye has acknowledged and apologized, if Kathryn felt the, "do you feel better?", condescending she could have mentioned it at the time, instead of deciding to have more Faye hate. 

I understand what Kyle was trying to convey to Kathryn about Faye hate-at one point things got so out of hand and the threats were so vile Bravo had to take down a blog and the police had to be called.  Faye didn't murder anyone, cause any murderer to go free, she was the conversation in as told to book.

Lastly, it was none of Yolanda's business to start commenting.  Geez her opinion is just not relevant to this matter.

Wow.  Faye's a whore because you don't like what she wrote in a book?

Faye apologized.  How many more ways can she do it?  This is like Eileen and the apology tour she expects LVP to embark on.

The end.

What is Faye?  She is no longer a writer, she is an interior designer with many successful and famous clients, who is now remarried and living in Portland.  She apparently has managed to cultivate and maintain many friendships since she wrote the book.

Yes, I do feel that strongly about individuals who betrays victimized individuals, especially when the victim has been permanently silenced.

With friends like Faye who needs enemies??????

On the other hand, if she expressed remorse and explained why she felt that she needed to sell out her friend at that time and exposed a sordid and salacious story and for example why it was ok to expose people that she did not even now i.e. Kathryn, I might understand and even agree in seeing what Kyle sees in Faye.

Of course, she does not owe me an explanation and I don't have to change my opinion of her character either. YMMV.

• Love 11

I think the reason the Faye thing bothers me is that she became so hated not because of this, at least IMO, but because of the way she treated Brandi and also LVP. I firmly believe that if Faye had come on this show as LVP's friend, was kind to Brandi, and got in with that crew, that people would feel differently about her. If LVP had said something like "she made bad decisions 20 years ago but she is a lovely friend and I support the person she is today", people would give her a big fat pass.

That is the way it always is. Yo displayed many of the same traits (minus all the stuff about the illness) from the very beginning, which is why I didn't like her. Many people thought her the greatest thing in the world, up until the point where she went against LVP in S4. I remember the excuses made for what she said about LVP in S3 in Paris, because LVP took her side over Kyle's. We had it on tape, we all saw her say something about LVP (although not the thing they were arguing over) and still, because LVP gave Yo her blessing on her story, folks still threw Kyle under the bus because LVP was throwing her under the bus. Look at Eileen and Lisar now. They are pretty much the same now as they were last year, and most people loved them. There were some (call out to Ryebread) who were pointing out these traits last season. If they had come into this season with guns blazing at Yo or even Kyle, things would be different for them. Many would throw them a parade. They didn't. Their expressions of frustration were for LVP, and therefore they are trash. Everything they do now is condemned. From the most benign of things. Not necessarily because of what they did or said, but because of the person that they said or did the things to.

Preach.

For me personally, I lay my renewed dislike of Faye, firmly at Camille's feet.  She's the one that reminded me of all that I found reprehensible about her in the first place.  I know Camille apologized for being the founder of the MCFR moniker but the damage was done.  That said, it could be argued that the blame lies solely on Faye for coming back into the public eye when the public can be cold and unforgiving.

And don't forget fickle.  The viewing public is fickle.  I just hope this franchise lasts long enough for Pinky to finally get her turn.  Because they all do.  If she was REALLY as smart as she thinks she is, she'd get out now while she's on top.

• Love 6

Yes, I do feel that strongly about individuals who betrays victimized individuals, especially when the victim has been permanently silenced.

With friends like Faye who needs enemies??????

On the other hand, if she expressed remorse and explained why she felt that she needed to sell out her friend at that time and exposed a sordid and salacious story and for example why it was ok to expose people that she did not even now i.e. Kathryn, I might understand and even agree in seeing what Kyle sees in Faye.

Of course, she does not owe me an explanation and I don't have to change my opinion of her character either. YMMV.

Truth is a dangerous thing.  Nicole wasn't a victim because of Faye.  She was the victim of domestic violence.

No one can force you to listen or read the various apologies Faye has made.  She did not sell out Nicole as Nicole was dead at the hands of someone Faye desperately wanted to bring to justice. Did Faye need to include the night she made out with Nicole? No., Did she need to include a second hand account of the size of Marcus' penis? No.  In the past 20 years I just think there have been so many more dastardly things than this book in the world.  The idea that Faye sparks such vitriol is just a mystery to me.  Camille started it and to me, her words were far more harsh and damaging than anything Faye ever wrote.  Camille has apologized and shown the reality TV world-be careful of what you say.

So yes my mileage does vary-I am trying to put it in perspective-something Kathryn should do.

• Love 4

Kathryn does not need to put anything in perspective, it is her story and her feelings.

If Faye was not so eager to appear on tv, nobody would be thinking and talking about her transgressions.

And Camille has nothing to do with anybody's opinion.

She was just shrewd enough to come up with a perfect description of this individual.

• Love 19

Kyle needs to learn to respect other people's feelings that disagree w/her own. So Faye's her good friend, we get it. Doesn't mean Kathryn should shut up about how she feels about Faye or that Kathryn's issue with Faye isn't valid. STFU Kyle and stay out of it. 

She says similar things to Lisa, she'll be like, "What Faye said to you is not a big deal," ummm no, Kyle, you don't dictate what is and isn't a big deal to Lisa. 

• Love 24

There is one thought that is running around in my head. I wonder if Kyle is hoping to use LVP to rehabilitate Faye's image? She has seen first hand that LVP can do this. I had wondered about this before the reunion, when Kyle on a couple of occasions asked LVP to be nice to Faye. But then the reunion sealed it for me. Kyle was more than passionate, she was emotional about Faye. On the verge of tears. She has interviewed a couple of times that she felt responsible for what happened to Faye after S3. The girl received death threats and even Brandi and LVP told fans to lay off. I know that Faye lives in Portland now, but that certainly doesn't mean that she cannot relocate to the BH area for the season. She has famous friends and for all I know lives an interesting life. I know it sounds a little bit crazy, but I can see Faye coming on and slowly becoming friends with LVP. I'm not sure how much it would help, but certainly it couldn't hurt. 

And just because I am that kind of a person, I would take Brandi back if Faye came on. I always loved the way that Faye just looked Brandi in the eye and told her the truth. I would love to see that again, this time with Faye coming out on top. 

• Love 9

There is one thought that is running around in my head. I wonder if Kyle is hoping to use LVP to rehabilitate Faye's image? She has seen first hand that LVP can do this. I had wondered about this before the reunion, when Kyle on a couple of occasions asked LVP to be nice to Faye. But then the reunion sealed it for me. Kyle was more than passionate, she was emotional about Faye. On the verge of tears. She has interviewed a couple of times that she felt responsible for what happened to Faye after S3. The girl received death threats and even Brandi and LVP told fans to lay off. I know that Faye lives in Portland now, but that certainly doesn't mean that she cannot relocate to the BH area for the season. She has famous friends and for all I know lives an interesting life. I know it sounds a little bit crazy, but I can see Faye coming on and slowly becoming friends with LVP. I'm not sure how much it would help, but certainly it couldn't hurt. 

And just because I am that kind of a person, I would take Brandi back if Faye came on. I always loved the way that Faye just looked Brandi in the eye and told her the truth. I would love to see that again, this time with Faye coming out on top.

Great story line.
  • Love 4

Laugh-in was - for the time - a risqué program. The - if I remember correctly - word was used to get past the censors at the network. There were words for body parts you couldn't use or show (Barbara Edens belly button) on network television so, they used 'bippy' as a substitute for all of the naughty bits. People freaked out when it first came into use because it sounded nasty, but really couldn't be defined.

Laugh In also coined the phrase,“Look that up in your Funk & Wagnalls.” When my Dad heard me say that he turned so red in the face and we had an enunciation lesson right then and there!

• Love 5

The idea that Faye sparks such vitriol is just a mystery to me.  Camille started it and to me, her words were far more harsh and damaging than anything Faye ever wrote.  Camille has apologized and shown the reality TV world-be careful of what you say.

Wait, whut?

HurrjOo.jpg

We are all pretty good at dragging the HWs and not caring if we're careful about what we say. 

It's been said, over and over, that if the HWs (or their friends) step into this arena, they're fair game.  Vitriol will be spewed. The only difference is, what quality of vitriol you (general, you) are willing to spew and what offends you or not .  Everybody's mileage varies. 

• Love 7

Camille has apologized and shown the reality TV world-be careful of what you say.

Faye has shown the reality TV world -- and, indeed, the world at large -- be careful of what you say and scribble because the world can have an extraordinarily powerful memory.

IMO, y'know.

• Love 7

There is one thought that is running around in my head. I wonder if Kyle is hoping to use LVP to rehabilitate Faye's image?

I posted something similar after the final episode at Kyle's party.  But it was more about LVP using Kyle than vice versa. Her making nice with Faye didn't sit right with me.  LVP doesn't apologize or make friends with anyone unless she has a purpose.  That purpose being, she needs more people on her team.  Imo, Kyle and Faye are rallying hard to get Faye a permanent gig on RHoBH.  Lisa must know this and she imagines she, Kyle and Faye would make a formidable alliance.  And they would.  Gah.  That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

Also, I posted a few months ago, that I thought Faye was back so often because Bravo wanted to test the viewers reaction to her. Could Faye carry a Real Housewives of Portland franchise?  That's my second theory.  

• Love 7

Faye has shown the reality TV world -- and, indeed, the world at large -- be careful of what you say and scribble because the world can have an extraordinarily powerful memory.

IMO, y'know.

Oh, yea. For sure, there is a lesson there. And FFS, stay away from the Crackpipe.

The funny thing is that Camille famously brought all of this back into the mainstream. Perhaps it is her biggest legacy. Yet she apologized to Faye, said she regretted saying what she said, and now considers Faye a friend. Strange stuff indeed.

• Love 4

I'm sure it was difficult for David to watch her getting all kinds of quack treatments instead of the seeking out the help she really needed.  I can totally believe she was depressed.  Too bad she dismissed Kyle when she explained her journey through pain caused by her depression, and wouldn't consider it as it relates to her own health.

And for Pete's sake, what is it with Yolanda and her ass?  Weekly colonics, foot long parasites, and now butt pellets?  Don't the enemas wash out the pellets?

I apologize ahead of time if this offends you, but this gave me a great chuckle when I read it. It was just too cute! The 'pellet' is placed beneath the skin of the buttocks, not inside the rectum

• Love 2

Oh sweet Jesus, HumblePi.  I thought at first that was a piece of Virginia Honey Smoked Ham. 

That looked painful.  But from what I hear, worth it.  The people I know who've had it done do it in their abdomen or upper arm.  I think I'd pick my butt.

• Love 3

Ack!  I will not watch that video, HumblePi, since I am only on my second cup of coffee, but thank you for helping me understand that these hormone replacement pellets are implanted, and not used as suppositories! 

• Love 5

I am very jealous that I can't have the bio identical hormones :( if you have the BCRA gene or a history of estrogen postive breast cancer you can't take them. I should just be happy I'm alive but I want to be alive AND sporting thick hair and dewy skin, damn it!

• Love 9

I'm catching up on yesterday's posts here and I find it very interesting that Faye Resnick is still such a flashpoint topic here. Some have forgiven Faye for her prior behavior and lack of judgement while others still hold to the same convictions they had for her in 1994 with the releasing of her salacious book while the trial of the century was still in progress. To her credit I guess, is the fact that she went from being a three-time divorcee and a manicurist with a drug problem to one of the most talked about non-celebrities of the day. She made a name for herself, but some would say not in a good way.  In 1994, as she took the stand in the OJ trial, people formed strong opinions regarding her character because that's why she was called to the witness stand, so that the defense could assassinate her character and throw some blame towards the drug dealers she owed money to. And now Faye Resnick is back in the public eye once again thanks to nothing more than the friendship she has with Kyle Richards. She wasn't born rich or married into money, she has no talents, she isn't well educated or shown herself to be a shining example of a great wife or mother. So, why are we all talking about Faye Resnick?

Bravo decided we needed Faye Resnick to be forced in our faces to stir up enthusiasm for this franchise and create a subplot that has nothing to do with Yolanda Foster and Lyme disease. Faye Resnick truly enjoys that people are talking negatively about her, as long as they're talking about her. Basically she's a media prostitute and will go to any extreme to have that attention. Lucky for her she has an ally in Kyle. I always seen Kyle as the type of woman that wants to be everyone's friend whether she likes that person or not. She's the one that 'had' to be the popular girl in school and made friends with everyone she thought was important for her to be friends no matter what her personal feelings were about those people. Kyle is like a politicians wife who will look the other way when personally offended because in the end, it serves her purpose. Case in point is her 'friendship' with LisaV.  There's a connection there that Kyle wants to preserve at any cost only because to destroy it would eventually lead to the destruction of some business ties for Mauricio and social ties for herself.

When Kyle directly addressed Kathryn and angrily pointed her finger at her saying "You think you've had a hard time? You have no idea, you have no idea." That really put the last nail in the coffin of Kyle Richards for me. She really did discount Kathryn's past experiences. I have no respect for a any person that feels her hard times are much worse than Kathryn's or anyone. Why would she or anyone else have the audacity to assume that their problems are far worse and nobody can suffer more than they?  Kathryn's father committed suicide when she was 13, she has a nephew that died six weeks earlier from a heroin overdose and her ex-husbands character and reputation (having his penis size explicitly described) was just slanderous publicly by Fay Resnick. Is there a number range from 1 to 10 that rates anyone's 'hard times' and puts them on some kind of rigid empathy scale to be compared with others? And Kyle? Just because Faye Resnick is 'your friend and it's your party' doesn't mean crap when you're aware that her presence is going to be a hard pill to swallow for a lot of viewers. Invite her to the next party that's not paid for by Bravo and where Kathryn isn't in attendance.

The bottom line is that I feel that Faye Resnick should NOT have been inserted into this franchise at all but it was certainly an intentional move by Bravo which Kyle happily went along with 'for the story line'.  But for me, the whole Faye thing was sort of an amoral decision that Bravo made. They chose the low-road for ratings in my opinion. Look, all the women have personal friendships, but let's be honest here, whose friendship would cause more of a public stir than the one Kyle has with Faye Resnick? None of them have a personal friendship with anyone that would create such a shit-storm of disagreement and discussion.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 12

I do not post much and can't keep up with all the posts, so I am wondering how many people believe Lisa Rinna's story about the story line?

Since I am more of a casual watcher and Vanderpump has shown this behavior in the past, I am sort of believing Rinna.

My bottom line is that I think all of these women lie 95% of the time.

I'm probably on an island by myself here, but I tend to believe her.  Does she over react? Yep.  Does she get overly emotional? Yep.  Does she have diarrhea of the mouth? Yep. Yep.  However--I believe that they all snarked on Yo and her stupid selfies.  I believe that they all questioned exactly what was going on with her especially after she came out with the claim that the Non-Gigi's have Lyme.  Because let's be real--if they were sick Mo would've told LVP and she had no idea.  

I imagine they sat around and snarked and gossiped and LVP  did "encourage" Rinna to bring up the topic on camera (because LVP can't get her hands dirty, dahling.)  Did she force her? No. Is Rinna the one ultimately responsible for what she said. Absolutely.  But I also think she was under the impression that she would be backed up by LVP and Kyle and instead she was left twisting in the wind.  

So, yeah.  I think there was a story line.  I have no idea what "there goes our fucking story line" is supposed to mean exactly, but I tend to believe it was said.  Kyle is a bad actress and her facial expressions alone during that exchange said to me that what Rinna was saying had some truth to it.  

• Love 9

I'm probably on an island by myself here, but I tend to believe her.  Does she over react? Yep.  Does she get overly emotional? Yep.  Does she have diarrhea of the mouth? Yep. Yep.  However--I believe that they all snarked on Yo and her stupid selfies.  I believe that they all questioned exactly what was going on with her especially after she came out with the claim that the Non-Gigi's have Lyme.  Because let's be real--if they were sick Mo would've told LVP and she had no idea.  

I imagine they sat around and snarked and gossiped and LVP  did "encourage" Rinna to bring up the topic on camera (because LVP can't get her hands dirty, dahling.)  Did she force her? No. Is Rinna the one ultimately responsible for what she said. Absolutely.  But I also think she was under the impression that she would be backed up by LVP and Kyle and instead she was left twisting in the wind.  

So, yeah.  I think there was a story line.  I have no idea what "there goes our fucking story line" is supposed to mean exactly, but I tend to believe it was said.  Kyle is a bad actress and her facial expressions alone during that exchange said to me that what Rinna was saying had some truth to it.  

Where Rinna loses the battle for me, and I have been quite vocal about disliking Yolanda, is why does she find it necessary to have to bring forward thing said about Yolanda, that hurt Yolanda's feelings?  She is alienated by Yolanda for using Yolanda for airtime, she lost at least two long time friends and in spite of her desperate people pleasing ploys she has pretty much alienated Erika and Kathryn.  Combine that with last season's and the expressed dislike of her by Kim and Brandi, it would seem it is not a wise course.

Most every week Ronnie K. writes a recap and mentions Kyle's back fat and inability to find a bra that fits.  Let' say Rinna relays how funny and true this is to LVP and Yolanda of course someone would have to explain the written word to Yolanda as she cannot read (so she claims).  Then Rinna decides  out of the blue claim she engaged in a conversation where people are talking about Kyle's back fat and wonder if that is the reason her store isn't doing well on camera.  After a couple of weeks of blow back, Rinna then decides to include LVP, Yolanda and Eileen- - - - why? 

I think Rinna blew it when she involved her husband.  How embarrassing to have your husband have to issue a public statement claiming his wife is "incorrect" or lying about a very salient fact.

• Love 12

So, why are we all talking about Faye Resnick?

For me it's that I was in my early twenties when the trial went down and I can remember vividly watching a thirteen inch black and white TV in the back of the office as the whole thing progressed.  All my co-workers were enraptured by it and we huddled around together for the verdict.  It was one of those mile marker moments that captures an era of your life.  When you're hit with a reality that alters your current perception of the world.  There have only been a few of those for me.  The Challenger explosion, the Berlin wall coming down, the Rodney King/OJ era, and 9/11.  Of course several more intense things happened culturally, but they didn't really alter my way of thinking. 

Couple that with the fact that I watched ACS: The People vs. OJ, and voila' Faye's back in my consciousness.

• Love 8

For me it's that I was in my early twenties when the trial went down and I can remember vividly watching a thirteen inch black and white TV in the back of the office as the whole thing progressed.  All my co-workers were enraptured by it and we huddled around together for the verdict.  It was one of those mile marker moments that captures an era of your life.  When you're hit with a reality that alters your current perception of the world.  There have only been a few of those for me.  The Challenger explosion, the Berlin wall coming down, the Rodney King/OJ era, and 9/11.  Of course several more intense things happened culturally, but they didn't really alter my way of thinking. 

Couple that with the fact that I watched ACS: The People vs. OJ, and voila' Faye's back in my consciousness.

There you go, you were a reality show fan in the making, as we are. The O.J. trial blazed a brand new trail in television viewing. It laid the groundwork for reality television of the future. The networks realized that this was a new phenomenon and capitalized on it.

• Love 4

I lost my damn mind and watched this reunion last night. Having not seen the past few seasons, so viewing this whole mess with fresh eyes, it seemed sweet to me when Jemma Jamison oops I mean Erika Jayne was put on the spot to demonstrate pussy-patting (wtf?!?!?) and Lisa Rinna jumped up to say "come on, let's all do it with her". It came across to me like she was trying to show some comaraderie and support, as in "let's not leave Erika out to dry". Until another housewife made the catty remark about letting Erika have her moment and Lisa sat down looking embarrassed. Maybe if I'd watched the whole season I'd have a different opinion, but to me Lisa seemed to be making a nice gesture. No good ho'deed goes unpunished.

I can't remember much else of the reunion because I was too busy being shocked at Kyle's terrible makeup/wardrobe.

• Love 5

I can't remember much else of the reunion because I was too busy being shocked at Kyle's terrible makeup/wardrobe.

The heavy green eye glitter did not go well with her "let's have margaritas in the backyard!" dress.

• Love 7

I think the truth is that Marcus wasn't absolutely faithful - and when Kathryn had the conversation with Eileen who said she dated Marcus a few times, she pretty much indicated she wasn't surprised.  It is what it is Kathryn.  I think she is upset with Faye for exposing something that was true.  But heck, you had a relationship with a famous person.  Don't shoot the messenger. When

Allen played for USC and then the LA Raiders, so he was a pretty recognizable person in town. During the 80's and early 90's the team had pretty much owned the place so hooking up, for the players, wasn't hard. I once walked into a bank with a friend while wearing a Raider's t-shirt - the teller was REALLY FRIENDLY until she found out that I wasn't on the team.

• Love 5

Oh my God!  This has nothing at all to do with RHBH but the news just broke on CNN that singer Prince is dead and CNN earlier reported that police were at his studio to investigate a shooting. I hope that information is erroneous and that his death was a result of natural causes. Damn that's horrific and as motorcitymom65 just said, that something like this really makes all the other stuff totally insignificant. How sad.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

The days you mentioned - for the tragedies - had a strange pallor attached to them. Los Angeles was on pins and needles the days that the jury was out and after the verdict, there was a definite pallor over the city. You felt the tension in the people.

• Love 8

I don't think LR intentionally lies. In fact, I don't think she's lying at all. She's repeating things as she perceived them and not necessarily exactly as it was said. This doesn't mean she's lying, but it also doesn't mean that she's telling the absolute truth - just her version of it. I think this is why she speaks with such conviction and won't back down from any of the accusations she's made thus far. I would even say she's probably stretching her interpretation of things with the benefit of hindsight. It's like saying 'oh that's an interesting outfit' and in the moment she interprets it as innocent and a fleeting comment but after something happens and she believes I've wronged her, that comment is now interpreted as 'remember when you were making fun of how she looked?'.

What was maybe made in gest at the time has now being portrayed as sinister and manipulative. And yet none of this really proves manipulation.

LR having her own version of the truth needs no more evidence than her own husband having to clarify his own words after they were misrepresented by LR. And it's telling that when he mentioned having the conversation with his wife, her reaction seemed to be one of indifference. I think LR genuinely doesn't see the difference that words can make when repeating what others say and that she needs to sometimes take a step back and acknowledge that interpretation is what is stemming all of this.

She can believe in her heart of hearts that LVP was intentionally goading her into putting all of that out there, the reality is that it can't be proven as truth and she can't insist on it when words and commentary can be taken in more than one way. It's just simpler to say "to settle all of this - I own what I did. I can see that I interpreted LVP's words a certain way and I feel that influenced my decisions and that's why I feel like she manipulated me. I believe that her intent was for me to interpret and react to her comments exactly as I have but that is only my truth because I can't prove that what I took from those conversations is what LVP intended. With that said, I own my part and I can be at peace about it.'

• Love 8

Truth is a dangerous thing. Nicole wasn't a victim because of Faye. She was the victim of domestic violence.

No one can force you to listen or read the various apologies Faye has made. She did not sell out Nicole as Nicole was dead at the hands of someone Faye desperately wanted to bring to justice. Did Faye need to include the night she made out with Nicole? No., Did she need to include a second hand account of the size of Marcus' penis? No. In the past 20 years I just think there have been so many more dastardly things than this book in the world. The idea that Faye sparks such vitriol is just a mystery to me. Camille started it and to me, her words were far more harsh and damaging than anything Faye ever wrote. Camille has apologized and shown the reality TV world-be careful of what you say.

So yes my mileage does vary-I am trying to put it in perspective-something Kathryn should do.

Substitute Yolanda for Faye.
  • Love 2

Oh my God!  This has nothing at all to do with RHBH but the news just broke on CNN that singer Prince is dead and Cnn earlier reported that police were at his studio to investigate a shooting. Damn that's horrific and as motorcitymom65 just said nearly spontaneously with my own post, that something like this really makes all the other stuff totally insignificant. How sad.

He was hospitalized a week ago with the flu. He was only 57. This is so sad. :(

• Love 7

I'm catching up on yesterday's posts here and I find it very interesting that Faye Resnick is still such a flashpoint topic here. Some have forgiven Faye for her prior behavior and lack of judgement while others still hold to the same convictions they had for her in 1994 with the releasing of her salacious book while the trial of the century was still in progress. To her credit I guess, is the fact that she went from being a three-time divorcee and a manicurist with a drug problem to one of the most talked about non-celebrities of the day. She made a name for herself, but some would say not in a good way.  In 1994, as she took the stand in the OJ trial

Faye never testified. 

Here is an article where she talks about being nervous about being called by the defense:  http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-09/news/mn-11195_1_nicole-simpson

• Love 3

Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called life

Electric word life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you
There's something else
The after world

A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
You know the one, Dr. Everything'll Be Alright
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life
Things are much harder than in the after world
In this life
You're on your own

And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy, punch a higher floor

If you don't like the world you're living in
Take a look around you
At least you got friends

• Love 19
There you go, you were a reality show fan in the making, as we are. The O.J. trial blazed a brand new trail in television viewing. It laid the groundwork for reality television of the future. The networks realized that this was a new phenomenon and capitalized on it.

How new was it?  I know daytime talk shows got worse after the fact, but weren't they already showcasing the kind of thing we see in reality tv?  I was younger during OJ so it's not a core memory for me.  In looking back at what I know of TV history, it undeniably had impact (killed the soaps, in part) but I think there was some groundwork laid before it happened.

Here's my thing about Rinna's story and why I believe her for now.  I don't generally see Vanderpump as an evil mastermind, I very much see her as a reality TV coach/producer's assistant.  In that context it makes total sense to me that she'd say to Rinna "why don't you bring this up on camera" or "bring Kyle into it," because that's how airtime is secured and storylines are born (and, ultimately, paychecks are received...you're welcome, Rinna).  It also makes sense she'd lament the loss of a storyline.  And this, in my opinion, fits with other stuff like asking Eileen about an "affair" (how else ensure that crap makes the final cut?).

So, I think it's plausible Rinna is recalling accurately and she's off about LVP's intent.

• Love 2

Dearly beloved

We are gathered here today

To get through this thing called life

Electric word life

It means forever and that's a mighty long time

But I'm here to tell you

There's something else

The after world

A world of never ending happiness

You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills

You know the one, Dr. Everything'll Be Alright

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left

Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life

Things are much harder than in the after world

In this life

You're on your own

And if the elevator tries to bring you down

Go crazy, punch a higher floor

If you don't like the world you're living in

Take a look around you

At least you got friends

A favorite quote by the artist Prince

"Ultimately all music is, or can be inspirational. That's why it's so important to let your gift be guided by something more clear".

• Love 7

Bella's immunity due to being a child has been pierced:   http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/04/21/yolanda-foster-throws-shade-co-stars-not-visting/

How often are these women suppose to visit Yolanda?  Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly?  Because my best guess is they didn't see her before she got sick except for filming.  So following Yolanda's requirements she wants one on one visits and she is only able to be up and about three hours a day? Collectively, they follow Yolanda on social media how does seeing her make them any more aware.

Shut up Bella.

• Love 11

Bella's immunity due to being a child has been pierced: http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/04/21/yolanda-foster-throws-shade-co-stars-not-visting/

How often are these women suppose to visit Yolanda? Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly? Because my best guess is they didn't see her before she got sick except for filming. So following Yolanda's requirements she wants one on one visits and she is only able to be up and about three hours a day? Collectively, they follow Yolanda on social media how does seeing her make them any more aware.

Shut up Bella.

If you visit someone in person, you can talk to them face to face. Oog in oog (eye to eye).

Oh sweet Jesus, HumblePi.  I thought at first that was a piece of Virginia Honey Smoked Ham. 

That looked painful.  But from what I hear, worth it.  The people I know who've had it done do it in their abdomen or upper arm.  I think I'd pick my butt.

Oh thanks. I'm making glazed ham right now. 

Between the ham butt & DR pimple popper who shows at the bottom of that video, I lost my appetite. 

• Love 3

How new was it?  I know daytime talk shows got worse after the fact, but weren't they already showcasing the kind of thing we see in reality tv?  I was younger during OJ so it's not a core memory for me.  In looking back at what I know of TV history, it undeniably had impact (killed the soaps, in part) but I think there was some groundwork laid before it happened.

There was only one true reality show that I can recall, and I remember it only because I'm very old and was witness to many groundbreaking and memorable events in history and in television. There was a reality show called 'An American Family'. It was filmed in 1971 and aired on PBS in 1973. It was originally intended as a chronicle of the daily life of the Louds, an upper middle class family in Santa Barbara, California but ended up documenting the break-up of the family via the separation and subsequent divorce of parents Bill and Pat Loud. I was instantly intrigued by the non-scripted series where emotions and feelings were witnessed first-hand. Over the two year period that it ran, people were able to peek in on the lives of this affluent family. They were the kind of upper middle class family that most people admired because they were so sophisticated and 'normal' appearing, which of course as the series progressed, we saw the cracks in the family start to appear. They went through a divorce and the 'coming out' of their gay son who later died of AIDS. I even found some of the episodes on YouTube.

• Love 11

Isn't it interesting how Yolanda described something that we thought was something else, and yet, she didn't lie?

I don't think anyone really thought she had a palette shoved up her ass.  Then again Yolanda has not confirmed her earlier statement.  We heard natural, hormones, pallet and in, and butt. When she said in her butt, she meant in her butt, not up her butt.

So I don't think she described something else-she described what she had done except for the word pellet became palette.  This isn't even in the same ball park as her other statements.

• Love 5

Bella's immunity due to being a child has been pierced:   http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/04/21/yolanda-foster-throws-shade-co-stars-not-visting/

How often are these women suppose to visit Yolanda?  Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly?  Because my best guess is they didn't see her before she got sick except for filming.  So following Yolanda's requirements she wants one on one visits and she is only able to be up and about three hours a day? Collectively, they follow Yolanda on social media how does seeing her make them any more aware.

Shut up Bella.

Plus we saw Lisa Rinna and Eileen visiting her on film.

Those women have career and family to attend to.

Misguided anger, IMO.

David is the one that bailed out.

• Love 1

If you visit someone in person, you can talk to them face to face. Oog in oog (eye to eye).

This is a person who for four seasons has pretty much disparaged Kyle and LVP, why are these woman expected to come over and learn about her condition?  What do they learn from a personal visit?  She posts all her damn treatments on line.  They aren't allowed to converse with Yolanda, it is just all about her.  Sit down can I get you some coffee and tell you what a bad friend you are oh and how sick I am.  For chrissake Kyle, Kathryn and Erika spent three days on the Yolanda Lyme Vanity Tour.  What is it exactly she wants?  They saw her at least a dozen times in the past year.  Isn't that enough from Hollywood friends?

• Love 12

There was only one true reality show that I can recall, and I remember it only because I'm very old and was witness to many groundbreaking and memorable events in history and in television. There was a reality show called 'An American Family'. It was filmed in 1971 and aired on PBS in 1973. It was originally intended as a chronicle of the daily life of the Louds, an upper middle class family in Santa Barbara, California but ended up documenting the break-up of the family via the separation and subsequent divorce of parents Bill and Pat Loud. I was instantly intrigued by the non-scripted series where emotions and feelings were witnessed first-hand. Over the two year period that it ran, people were able to peek in on the lives of this affluent family. They were the kind of upper middle class family that most people admired because they were so sophisticated and 'normal' appearing, which of course as the series progressed, we saw the cracks in the family start to appear. They went through a divorce and the 'coming out' of their gay son who later died of AIDS. I even found some of the episodes on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF3bs4xvbYg&list=PLDD9F51C8C186FBD9

They had a film on HBO about the entire story. It was fantastic.

If you haven't seen it, do.

It is called 'Cinema verity" with the late James gandolfini and Diane lane.

• Love 2

Shut up Bella.

Right!!!!! LOL Yolanda didn't allow all of the HWs to visit her, she controlled that, not the others. She can't come back now, nor can Bella, and says it's their fault when she was unavailable for them to come visit her. LisaV knew she would try to do this again, as she did it to Lisa before, hence her saying something to Kyle about it right off the bat on episode 1.............. same Yolanda stunt/tactic, just on a different season. LOL 

• Love 11

I apologize ahead of time if this offends you, but this gave me a great chuckle when I read it. It was just too cute! The 'pellet' is placed beneath the skin of the buttocks, not inside the rectum

LOL, that looks like a salmon steak I had for dinner a month ago.

I was on hospital bedrest for 3 months due to a high risk pregnancy.  I stayed in excellent shape by doing arm exercises using light weights and isometrics for my legs by pressing my feet against the footboard and other exercises for my lower body.  All recommended by my dr. and a physical therapist.  I came out firmer than when I went in. And it's possible, nay, probable Yo had access to trainers who were able to work her out.  And she wasn't even confined to bedrest. I was freaking bored and yes, kind of vain about my body so I wasn't just going to lie there and get all fat and atrophied.  I imagine Yo felt the same way.  I remember contracting my buttocks hundreds of times while lying there. LOLOL.  Hell, sometimes I do those exercises while I'm sitting here 'talking' to you. ;-)

Ryebread, me too! Thirteen long weeks lying on my left side. I wish I'd been as sensible as you, though -- it never occurred to me (27 years ago now!) that I could or should keep myself strong. It was quite a shock to be plunged into 24/7 motherhood after 3 months of bedrest. Anyway, cheers to you!

• Love 1

In Lisa Rinna's own words, her own husband said that it was not appropriate to be questioning Yolanda's illness well before she "put it out there". That she later stooped to discussing Munchausen's on camera reflects poorly only on Lisa Rinna.  If she allowed herself to be manipulated by someone else into doing so even after her husband advised her against it, that too reflects poorly on her. 

• Love 9

This is a person who for four seasons has pretty much disparaged Kyle and LVP, why are these woman expected to come over and learn about her condition? What do they learn from a personal visit? She posts all her damn treatments on line. They aren't allowed to converse with Yolanda, it is just all about her. Sit down can I get you some coffee and tell you what a bad friend you are oh and how sick I am. For chrissake Kyle, Kathryn and Erika spent three days on the Yolanda Lyme Vanity Tour. What is it exactly she wants? They saw her at least a dozen times in the past year. Isn't that enough from Hollywood friends?

So visiting Yolanda in person is equal to reading what Yolanda disseminates on social media?

Right!!!!! LOL Yolanda didn't allow all of the HWs to visit her, she controlled that, not the others. She can't come back now, nor can Bella, and says it's their fault when she was unavailable for them to come visit her.

And this can be proven in some way?
  • Love 2