Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

Got around to watching the first 3 eps of The Handmaiden's Tale. As people said, Alexis Bledel is so excellent in this role. Just her performance raises an already harrowing show up a few levels of horrifying. Especially since the setting is Nightmare New England as much as Stars Hallow was Fairy Tale New England. 

Edited by Melancholy
  • Love 6
On 7/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, Melancholy said:

Got around to watching the first 3 eps of The Handmaiden's Tale. As people said, Alexis Bledel is so excellent in this role. Just her performance raises an already harrowing show up a few levels of horrifying. Especially since the setting is Nightmare New England as much as Stars Hallow was Fairy Tale New England. 

Now I want to see Lorelai in the Handmaid universe.

Lauren Graham is playing a love interest for Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry is actually a very different type of balding, ranting, hilarious,grouchy curmudgeon from Luke even though I love both guys. But yeah, my head did go to similarities. (Also, the LD nickname.)

Edited by Melancholy
  • Love 1

I’ve been watching ER on Hulu. I remember Kathleen Wilhoite (Liz) played a doctors drug addict sister. I didn’t remember when I watch GG that she just pulled out her old character from ER to play Liz; exactly like a younger Liz would be...the way she talked and mannerisms. I have never seen her in anything else to know if she’s any good but she’s certainly stereotyped in those roles.

• Love 1

I like the resident so far, Matt is a pretty good actor.

Lauren Graham responded to a tweet today. Someone tweeted that Amy wanted to cast Lauren in a role on Mrs. Maisel. Lauren was all excited and was hoping it was true.

I like the show Mrs. Maisel, I like Lauren Graham, but I don’t think I want her on that show....

Same, I like Lauren, but I don’t think that the show would benefit from having her on it when she’s so associated with Gilmore Girls, I’d rather the two shows be kept more separate. It does sound like Amy is keen to find a part for her though 

5 hours ago, Frelling Tralk said:

It does sound like Amy is keen to find a part for her though 

Another example of her hubris.  She is forever dumping her favorites into parts and shows for which they are not at all appropriate just because she can.

• Love 1

I figured this was a s good a place as any to post this. It's not really a "New role" per se but rather a different direction. As some of you may know Scott Patterson has been doing music for a while. He put out a EP, REVOLUTION under the name Scott Patterson's SMITHRADIO. With that in mind he is doing a live streaming acoustic concert on StageIt, on Saturday, July 28th at 7PM PST. Stage It is a streaming venue where you can watch people perform via your computer etc. All information is on his website.  SMITHRADIO . Also anyone who buys a ticket (a ticket is $10.00) to watch the live streaming concert will be entered to win a phone call from him. Any questions you can DM me.

• Love 1

I don't remember her, but I haven't watched Roseanne in years. The older shows depress me now. 

The second Mia was in Picket Fences, when I was a teenager. 

Looks like Math Czuchry enjoys having GG alum on his show The Resident. One week it was a Life and Death Brigade reunion with Tanc Sade (Finn) as a patient, and the following week Emily Kuroda (Mrs. Kim) was on.

• Love 4

I will be really surprised if Melissa McCarthy doesn't get an Oscar nomination for this one: https://tickets.canyoueverforgiveme.com/trailer/?fbclid=IwAR1-lbG71jGyxfWKUKBSfb49jk7pERcY6ulkyTSDgxXuQPJPMUiL8v_Vpt4

Randomly, I caught an old episode of Mike and Molly yesterday and saw one of the Stars Hollow regulars. I can't remember his name but he was the guy who tried to be town troubadour for a while, and then he opened a farmers market across from Taylor's shop and also performed Liz and TJ's wedding ceremony. I never watched Mike and Molly so it was entirely random and it makes me wonder if they used other folks from GG in small roles.

• Love 2
On 3/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, wonderwoman said:

just saw emily kuroda (mrs. kim) in a new play, 'endlings,' at the american repertory theater in cambrige. also caught her in a recent episode of 'the good doctor.' 

I saw her in a very old episode of ER where she plays one of the workers at the hospital day care taking care of "Little Suzie" (Sherry Stringfield's niece, daughter of Kathleen Wilhoite's character). It was very odd to see her as a nurturing and loving character in the traditional way and not the Mrs. Kim way. 

• Love 1

Not really an other role per se, but Yanic Truesdale is one of the panelists on Canada Reads this year. For the non-Canadians, Canada Reads is an annual "battle of the books" on the radio in which five Canadian celebrities each champion a book by a Canadian author. Over the course of a week they debate the books and each day they vote to eliminate one until one book is declared the winner. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Milo is starring in a feature film. Racing In The Rain based on the bestseller by Garth Stein. He plays a Seattle based race car driver whose dog is trying to be reincarnated as a human.

I saw that in a trailer at the movies last week. We almost never go to the movies, but friends of ours who are fellow sailors invited us to see the movie "Maiden" about the all female crew of the 1989-1909 Whitbread around the world race. I had forgotten that movies have 30 minutes of trailers before the movie starts.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I saw that in a trailer at the movies last week. We almost never go to the movies, but friends of ours who are fellow sailors invited us to see the movie "Maiden" about the all female crew of the 1989-1909 Whitbread around the world race. I had forgotten that movies have 30 minutes of trailers before the movie starts.

And at least one blaring, half hour Pepsi commercial.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, Bubbles said:

Not really an other role per se, but Yanic Truesdale is one of the panelists on Canada Reads this year. For the non-Canadians, Canada Reads is an annual "battle of the books" on the radio in which five Canadian celebrities each champion a book by a Canadian author. Over the course of a week they debate the books and each day they vote to eliminate one until one book is declared the winner. 

Lauren Graham must have recommended Yanic to Larry David, because he was in an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" along with her, and he was playing Lin-Manuel Miranda's assistant.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

My husband and I are binge watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and are still in the middle of Season 2. Tonight I saw Francie as the character Tessie. Took me awhile to recognize her, but then she struck a smug Francie pose, and I said, hey, that's Francie from GG. ASP sure does like to recycle her actors.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, chessiegal said:

My husband and I are binge watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and are still in the middle of Season 2. 

Curious -  how is it?  I confess I have avoided it just because ASP wrote it.

34 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Curious -  how is it?  I confess I have avoided it just because ASP wrote it.

It is so different from GG, if I didn't know ASP created it, I would never have guessed it. The credits say ASP created and cast it. DP seems to have written most of the eps so far, although I think the last one we watched was written by Amy. My husband says he sees so much of Emily Gilmore in the mother's character. I see some. The costumes are fabulous. It is a much darker comedy than GG, but still funny. They must have a hell of a budget, because I don't see anything being done on the cheap. .

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

It is so different from GG, if I didn't know ASP created it, I would never have guessed it. The credits say ASP created and cast it. DP seems to have written most of the eps so far, although I think the last one we watched was written by Amy. My husband says he sees so much of Emily Gilmore in the mother's character. I see some. The costumes are fabulous. It is a much darker comedy than GG, but still funny. They must have a hell of a budget, because I don't see anything being done on the cheap. .

Season 3 has Liza Weil (Paris in it). She's also had Brian Tarantina (Bootsy) on.

• Useful 1
On 12/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, chessiegal said:

Saw Kelly Bishop in Dirty Dancing tonight. The first time I saw the movie was pre-GG, so I had no idea who she was.  My husband and I both said, hey there's Emily!

I saw her in a couple of episodes of Law & Order SVU. She played a defense attorney whose lunatic client held her hostage. She was excellent.

• Love 1

I binge-watched Bunheads over the weekend, which was a lot of fun.  So much crossover from GG actors that I’m not even going to attempt to name them all.  Too bad it was cancelled - but then again maybe that was a blessing in disguise considering some suckiness from later GG seasons.

• Love 2

Ugh.

Cracked follows the newly formed Psych Crimes Unit within a Canadian police department led by experienced ETS officer Detective Aidan Black (David Sutcliffe). This unique team of police officers and psychiatrists respond to bizarre and frightening crises and solve compelling cases involving emotionally disturbed criminals, victims and witnesses.

Eh well it would be political to get into it....Made some comments about Jan 6 and then I dug a bit more into some other past random comments he made on social media and honestly he just seems like an asshole, to me at least. 

But that's it. I don't like him, the person, apart from his roles.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2