Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

It might have been pointed out earlier in this thread but I was realllllly slow to realize that Spongeworthy Guy from Seinfeld is Luke!  He was really skinny back then which is probably why I didn’t recognize him until catching a rerun last week.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, TenPea said:

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Sean Gunn (Kirk) yet.  He plays Rocket the Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy!

Rocket is voiced by Bradley Cooper. Kirk does play one of Yondu's main guys though. I'm not sure of his name.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Rocket is voiced by Bradley Cooper. Kirk does play one of Yondu's main guys though. I'm not sure of his name.

Kraglin!

But Sean Gunn does also do the on-set work for Rocket Raccoon. He just doesn't do the voice.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Watched the episode "Iced" of NCIS today and had to double check that a major gang member was the Latino Caesar (Aris Alvarado) on GG. He looked so bulked up around the neck. The episode aired in 2006, so it was during the GG run. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1

I've enjoyed a few TV movies that David Sutcliffe is in:

Cake - 2005 - starring Heather Graham

The Wish List - 2010 - Jennifer Esposito - Hallmark

The Convenient Groom - 2016 - Vanessa Marcil.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, chessiegal said:

Lauren is really good at playing a slut. I loved her in Bad Santa😉

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  That reminds me.  She's in this movie "A Merry Friggin Christmas" starring Robin Williams and Joel McHale from 2014.  Now I'm not saying it's a good movie but I didn't hate it and Lauren was very cute in it.

I also love her in "Because I Said So".  I like her in everything.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SJC said:

Daniel & Amy Palladino have a new show.
The title hasn’t been disclosed yet. The “untitled ballet show” is recruiting male and female ballet dancers of several ages, which already provides a pretty clear idea of the upcoming series’ theme.

https://collider.com/amy-sherman-palladino-dan-palladino-ballet-series-open-casting-call/

Didn't they already do this - a show called Bunheads? I guess since The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is wrapping up filming on its final season, they are moving on.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Didn't they already do this - a show called Bunheads? I guess since The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is wrapping up filming on its final season, they are moving on.

Yep, they did. 
It looks like this new show will premiere in late 2023 or 2024.

• Love 1

Is it just me or is it bizarre that ASP/DP have never had LG on any episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ?
Numerous other GG actors were on:
Kelly Bishop, Scott Cohen, Milo Ventimiglia, Liza Weil & Chris Eigeman.

Also..FWIW The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers season 2 is currently airing.

Edited by SJC
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SJC said:

Is it just me or is it bizarre that ASP/DP have never had LG on any episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ?

I'm not sure what the Ps would do with Lauren on Maisel. She was pretty much the main attraction on GG. And after seeing what she did to her beautiful face in the revival, I'm not sure I want to see her. This coming from a huge LG fan.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I know LG had a specific idea of what role she wanted to play on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel per ASP. I imagine it didn't fit in with the Palladino's vision.
And LG definitely is associated strongly with the character of Lorelai Gilmore.

I do agree with you 100% on Lauren's face. She has had work done. There's no way that she didn't IMO. She couldn't emote in AYITL. ☹️ Even now her eyes look ..... "off."
I feel as though Alexis is aging more naturally.

Edited by SJC
  • Like 2

I remember an interview with ASP saying folks knew Lauren was out there, but no one knew quite what to do with her, and they decided she would be a great Lorelai. Liza tried out for Rory. She wasn't what they wanted, but they created Paris so they could have her on the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SJC said:

I do agree with you 100% on Lauren's face. She has had work done. There's no way that she didn't IMO. She couldn't emote in AYITL. ☹️ Even now her eyes look ..... "off."
I feel as though Alexis is aging more naturally.

To be fair, Alexis is in her late 30’s/early 40’s, and Lauren is pushing 60. Two different eras for women. I wish Lauren hadn’t messed up her face too, but I get why she did.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Watched Bad Santa with Lauren Graham last week. I hadn't noticed in previous viewings that Alex Borstein has a brief scene in the early part of the movie. Made me wonder if the Ps had anything to do with the movie, but not that I can find. Just one of those coincidences, I guess. The movie came out in 2003, so both were doing GG at the time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Kelly Bishop is doing a great job on The Watchful Eye.  She is soooo thin though. This character is very acerbic and observant and snobby.  Reminiscent of Emily though Emily did have a softer side at times.  

I like it - I tuned in just for Kelly but it’s an entertaining show - and yes she looks even thinner than she did in AYITL - I hope she’s okay.  She is definitely bringing that Emily Gilmore energy 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

There’s a show called Sullivan’s Crossing coming on CW tonight starring Chad Michael Murray and Scott Patterson - kind of a GG reunion, though I don’t think Tristan and Luke ever crossed paths.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, chessiegal said:

I'm watching NCIS Season 1 Episode 17 "The Truth Is Out There". Brad (Adam Wylie) is a teenager making a business of throwing awesome parties. Hee. Take that Paris!

I always like to think Brad went onto be a success after getting away from Paris. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Sebastian Bach (Gil!) was just on The Masked Singer.  I recognized his voice right away, not because I’m familiar at all with his band, but because I know his voice way too well from constant re-watches of Gilmore Girls 😂  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2