Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I thought of you when I heard the news.   I know you thought he was special.

Surviving the Bataan Death March is more deserving of a mention here than a lot of "celebrities."  RIP Mr. Steele.

This link goes to a pic of me with Arnold Palmer. I'm still amazed I can google/yahoo myself & actually have stuff besides maybe my Tweets show up. I had to Tiny URL it because the actual link is LONG.

http://tinyurl.com/jslt6u6

It's among those pics taken during my trip to Bay Hill to do all the still pics & film stuff that went into promotional stuff, both overall & for specific fundraising events--like the walkathons & the Mother's March--that were part of the year I was March of Dimes National Poster Girl.

This particular pic was (or was similar to the actual 1 from) the photo side of a postcard that was sent to donors thanking them & describing the work of the March of Dimes (at that time, it was fighting birth defects; in more recent years they've turned their attention to preventing premature births/babies). Under the post card wording was/were the signatures/autographs of Arnold Palmer & myself & our printed March of Dimes titles--my name was printed because when the signature had to be sent to go on the card, I was still young enough I hadn't yet learned cursive writing (or else I wasn't good enough at it yet & my Mom suggested I stick to printing it so my name was legible because it was going on something important at the time). If this pic wasn't on the postcard, it was definitely on other "campaign" materials from my year as National Poster Girl, & in local & national press.

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

When the pic was taken (when I was 8 or 8 1/2), yeah. But now (around 44-45 years later), not quite so much. But thanks for the compliment!

Gravity has done me no favors either, but I was never that cute at 8!  

I hate all those clickbait ads like "what Marsha Brady looks like 40 years later will drop your jaw!" Well, if she still looks like a teenager then yes, I'll be astonished. If she looks 40 years older, I have no problem believing that.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, random chance said:

I hate all those clickbait ads like "what Marsha Brady looks like 40 years later will drop your jaw!"

Alison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) cracks up over those.   The picture they use for her is not even her.   She said she feels sorry for whoever's picture that is.   If you are not following AA on twitter, you are missing out.

• Love 1

It took me a while, but today I'm toasting Arnold Palmer with Arnold Palmer's Peach Half & Half Sweat Tea Lemonade (lite, 1/3 less calories, 23 fl oz 680ml U)

3 servings  per container?  well I screwed that up already, so it's going to be 150 calories, 30 mg of sodium, 42g of sugars, but 75% of Vitamin C.   Ugh, high fructose corn syrup! 

Sorry Arnold, I hardly knew ya, but I have been to Bay Hill and met Greg Norman when he lived near there with his red Porsche and his Rolls.  (It was a long time ago.)   Arnold built Isleworth, near Windermere.  Tiger Woods lived there when his wife was beating him up.   This is in Florida, so you might occasionally see a Rolls parked backwards on someone's front lawn with a For Sale sign in the window.

Edited by atomationage
more rolls
44 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

Agnes Nixon, creator of the soap ALL My Children has passed away at 88

Well, she outlived Bill Bell and so many others that she started out with by many years.  I blame Brian Frons for this, and everything, including global warming.  I wonder if Erika Slezak will issue a statement. 

2016 can fuck off any time now,  Three months and two more days of this Death March. 

Edited by atomationage
2016!!!!
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, atomationage said:

Well, she outlived Bill Bell and so many others by many years.  I blame Brian Frons for this, and everything, including global warming.  I wonder if Erika Slezak will issue a statement. 

Susan Lucci certainly will.

And maybe even Ellen Holly (Carla from OLTL--the character who passed for white despite being black--one of Agnes' first stories on that show). 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Agnes Nixon was responsible for making the child (Bianca) of the most popular character on AMC (Erica Kane) a lesbian and she should be lauded for that and so many other cultural barriers broken on her shows. Bianca comes out videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFjqNh8fbcs

and part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun4CHypow0

This was all her writing.

She had long since retired as headwriter by then, but she did come back to consult on this story in 2000 (wow, I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL then! **gets walker*), and when the show left ABC in 2011 (before returning briefly in 2013 on Hulu with OLTL), she had a huge hand in closing out the show. 

But yeah, she was largely done as HW after about 1991 or 1992, but continued to be a consultant (only on AMC, though, not OLTL). 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, UYI said:

She had long since retired as headwriter by then, but she did come back to consult on this story in 2000 (wow, I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL then! **gets walker*), and when the show left ABC in 2011 (before returning briefly in 2013 on Hulu with OLTL), she had a huge hand in closing out the show. 

But yeah, she was largely done as HW after about 1991 or 1992, but continued to be a consultant (only on AMC, though, not OLTL). 

She did write all of the early Bianca comes out story though.

• Love 1

ANOTHER soap death: Larkin Malloy. Sky Whitney on The Edge of Night, Kyle Sampson on Guiding Light, and Travis Montgomery on All My Children (Jack's brother, Bianca's dad, and one of Erica's MANY husbands--and yes, Agnes Nixon created Travis, too).

RIP. 

• Love 3

If the report I read is accurate, Malloy (whom I watched as Kyle on Guiding Light; I can still picture "When the symbol turns, shoot Kyle"/"I can't shoot my brother") died on his birthday, this past Saturday -- a heart attack at age 62.

Edited by Bastet
17 minutes ago, Calvada said:

C'mon 2016 - there are notorious serial killers and child rapists that are ripe for the picking!  Get your act together. 

I mean, they already got Lou Pearlman earlier this year...

11 hours ago, Calvada said:

C'mon 2016 - there are notorious serial killers and child rapists that are ripe for the picking!  Get your act together. 

Death Row is overcrowded in CA, I've heard.

Just a hint for Mr. Death. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

Death Row is overcrowded in CA, I've heard.

Some of those people might be less evil than the political hate mongers and their spin doctors.  I'm hoping for some strategic lightning strikes on golf courses.  It happens.

Back on Agnes Nixon, apparently her age at time of death was 93.  She was older than some of her contemporaries in the field. 

• Love 3

All of you who think 2016 is "the worst" - well you know the Baby Boomers age range is from 52 to 70 now. Prime death years. It's gonna happen. Plus, the expansion of media and broadcasting means you know the Boomers better than almost any generation before them. 

You want the worst year? Look up 1918.

• Love 8