Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Blergh said:

It's breaking news that Jeffrey Epstein has died suddenly of what is being termed a suicide.  That's ALL I am saying here at this time! 

Because of what made Epstein famous (at least most recently) & caused him to end up being held in jail in NYC without bail at the time of his death, this is also being discussed in the Harvey Weinstein-related thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

It's breaking news that Jeffrey Epstein has died suddenly of what is being termed a suicide.  That's ALL I am saying here at this time! 

Suicide, yeah, that's the ticket.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cynicat said:

Suicide, yeah, that's the ticket.

They’re saying on social media that he was on suicide watch & being evaluated daily after the original incident; then somebody decided, after I don’t know how long, he didn’t need the suicide watch anymore. So he was taken off of it. That led us to what happened this morning, whether he died of his own hand or somebody else did it & framed him for the deed.

I hope somehow Mr. Fonda was able to make his peace with his late father Henry's faults (and they were admittedly many despite his great talents and good intentions) before his own passing and that he's reunited with his tragic mother Frances Seymour Brokaw Fonda. RIP, Mr. Fonda.

This makes me so sad.  Here's a statement from his sister Jane:

Jane Fonda, sister of Peter Fonda, has released a statement following his death today at the age of 79.

“I am very sad. He was my sweet-hearted baby brother,” Fonda said in the statement provided to Deadline. The talker of the family. I have had beautiful alone time with him these last days. He went out laughing.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Domestic Assassin said:

This makes me so sad.  Here's a statement from his sister Jane:

Mr. Fonda needed the laughs, that's for sure and it's good that those siblings who both went through SO much in their childhoods and in their respective adult years DID have a warm bond in the end! 

• Love 8

His hey-day was a little before my time, I only really saw him in the late autumn of his career (The extremely sad titular character in Ulee's Gold and the befuddled object of Terrence Stamp's revenge in The Limey.) And of course I knew him as Bridget Fonda's dad. Hmm, as usual Nicholson's the last one standing.  Condolences to his family. R.I.P.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Mr. Fonda needed the laughs, that's for sure and it's good that those siblings who both went through SO much in their childhoods and in their respective adult years DID have a warm bond in the end! 

And if you followed him on Twitter as I did, you saw that he was as much of an outspoken activist right up to the end as his sister was 50 years ago. It most definitely ran in the family!

RIP, Peter!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 10

It's not the end of an Era since Nicholson is still alive - but it makes me feel both nostalgic and sad when somebody like Peter Fonda passes.  The counter culture figures are going rapidly.

I am younger than that generation and they are not my cultural reference but they are the generation very much associated with cultural change and rebellion.  It feels disconcerting having them age and die.  If that makes any sense.

RIP.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:
1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I wonder how he died.

Perhaps he laughed himself to death?   (Too soon?)

I don't know him, but may they say the same about me, and, no doubt, many would like to be remembered this way.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Aww the article says he was on "Don Kirshner's Rock Concerts" and "The Dr. Demento" show. When I was really little I used to beg my oldest brother to wake me up if Abba or Elton John were on the rock concert show and listened to Dr. Dementio religiously in high school. He was also in "The Larry Sanders Show" his obit is really like a trip through memory lane. R.I.P. sir.

Edited by badhaggis
Tablet changing words!
18 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Richard Williams died from either unknown causes or cancer.

According to an obit/article I read about his death, he died of cancer.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add wording.
  • Love 2

'Isabel Toledo, designer who made Michelle Obama's 2009 inauguration dress, has died'

Isabel Toledo, the acclaimed Cuban-American designer best known for creating Michelle Obama's 2009 inauguration dress, has died, her husband, Ruben Toledo, told the New York Times.

She was 59. The cause was breast cancer, her husband said.

Isabel Toledo was regarded as a "designer's designer" who focused on technique and shunned the limelight as she made her name through looks that blended traditional haute couture with ready-to-wear accessibility.

Edited by Trini

The toxicology report confirms the rumors: Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs (found dead at 27 in his Texas hotel room July 1 [the Angels were in town to play the Rangers]) died of an accidental overdose.  He had a combination of fentanyl (apparently the main culprit, and ingested shortly before his death), alcohol, and oxycodone in his system, and choked to death on his vomit.

His family has hired an attorney to look into the possibility this "may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them."

Following that allegation, Major League Baseball said it would assign its investigative unit to look into it.

Well damn!  So sad to hear about Valerie Harper's death although I know she was in pain.  Loved her on both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda.  R.I.P. dear Ms. Harper.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 6

One of the first shows I ever remember seeing on Nick at Nite in the 90's was Rhoda. I can still hear that theme and get transported back in time. And of course I'm a HUGE MTM fan--it may very well be my favorite sitcom of all time, along with, um...The Brady Bunch, don't judge--and this hits just as hard as Mary's death did two years ago. She was just as iconic as her best friend; Rhoda's wedding in 1974 scored record breaking ratings for the time period.

All this to say, I loved Valerie, and I loved Rhoda. RIP. ❤️😢

And of course, she was the QUEEN of the head scarf!

• Love 17

Mary & Rhoda together again. May they Rest In Peace.

I just hope the last line of Edward Asner’s tribute post to Ms. Harper, “I’ll see you soon.”, wasn’t as serious as it might’ve been meant—as in he meant it as age-related & not related to some illness he himself might have.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To remove a superfluous word.
  • Love 15

Valerie Harper was in a TV movie made in 1982 that scared the living shit out of me when I was a kid, "Don't Go To Sleep" about a family haunted by the vengeful spirit of the eldest daughter who died in a car accident.

MV5BYmFlMDIyYjgtMTg3My00MTliLWEyM2QtYzcy

• Love 9