Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 04/04/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:  Jonathan and Drew Scott (“Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday:  Democratic front-runner Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Wednesday:  Candace’s 40th Birthday with special guests.

Thursday:  Alyssa Milano (“Project Runway: All Stars”).

Friday:  Anderson Cooper joins the table to discuss Hot Topics, his mother’s surprising headline-making revelations and the documentary “Nothing Left Unsaid: Gloria Vanderbilt and Anderson Cooper”; Jon Cryer (“So That Happened”).

• Love 1

SO it looks like Whoopi signed off with her stupid tagline a little too early today so the hosts had to sit awkwardly or in CCB's case do some bizarre chair dance moves. I hate these people. I hate this show. I hate myself for watching it. I will see myself out.

• Love 11

SO it looks like Whoopi signed off with her stupid tagline a little too early today so the hosts had to sit awkwardly or in CCB's case do some bizarre chair dance moves. I hate these people. I hate this show. I hate myself for watching it. I will see myself out.

I noticed that too, and was wondering if there was something forgotten. I think the audience and cohosts were confused also.

Otherwise, the show was meh. Michelle panting after the Property Brothers in a boring game segment, where Joy asking more pertinent questions about upgrades and the brothers evading her.

Usual Trump defense from CCB and Paula, altho Whoops stepped up her defense of the Dems, Obama, journalists, etc.

CCB had a surprise birthday party from her family. She cried. Daughter phone videoed it. Yawn. Oh, and Whoops knows everything about croquet traditions.

Then some junk. ..truly...junk jewelry, big bags, hair turbans, and underwear was hawked.

Biggest laugh? Whoops actually thinks/complains that she gets taxed like regular people, and no write-offs. Poor thing.

Too bad no one mentioned freebies from award shows and the spew, or kickbacks from putting her name on products, as well as being given and loaned clothes, shoes, etc., for wearing/using said products. Poor thing.

• Love 10

The end was strange with the audience standing and clapping while it looked like the hosts were passing around a yearbook.

They looked like they were killing time for sure and Paula and CCB had the Property Bros book.  It was weird and today I noticed Miss Whoopi was not doing much talking even when asked what she thought at one point she went to commercial.  I love her silence for a change just wonder what's up?!  Or maybe just wishful thinking..

• Love 1

Why are we supposed to CARE that CCB's family had a party for her?   she has a family, she had a birthday, they had a party.  

Ho hum. 

Probably because we are supposed to see the hosts as people just like us......................ok then

• Love 4

Nice try by Michele in trying to convince us the Property Brothers are attractive. I guess part of it was because they're apparently almost 6'5" and I know tastes vary, but, no Michele. Yes they are tall, no they aren't attractive. JMO, of course.

• Love 4

The little video of Cameron's family celebrating her was quite enough, I think.  To be quite honest, it was more than I cared to sit through.  They don't need to bring up her birthday again, much less do a whole show about it.  I don't even want to see another brief segment about it.  I don't tune into this show to watch the hosts throw parties for themselves.  Not in the good old days when I liked practically everybody, and certainly not now when I can barely stand any of them at all.

Who over there thinks this is a good idea?  I swear, sometimes it is like they try to make this show bad on purpose.

• Love 16

I didn't see the first 10 minutes. I almost thought this was a re-run because Joy was talking about officiating another wedding ceremony. Loved Michelle today.

I wonder how the interview with Hillary will go tomorrow. I'm sure Candace and Paula already have plans for her.

• Love 4

Nice try by Michele in trying to convince us the Property Brothers are attractive. I guess part of it was because they're apparently almost 6'5" and I know tastes vary, but, no Michele. Yes they are tall, no they aren't attractive. JMO, of course.

I have a gay male friend on Facebook who is OB-SESSED with The Property Brothers. He regularly posts what he thinks are attractive photos of them and basically acts like I do about my hotties. I've never seen their show, but I know at least one person who thinks they're Da Bomb.

(Do people say Da Bomb anymore? The only other thing I could think to say was The Shit and that just looks ugly in print.)

• Love 2

LOL - Candace couldn't politically work her way out of a wet paper bag. She will just sit there with a huge grin as in - please drop me through the floor.

I'm really just expecting something imbecilic like: "What do you say to Christians who believe a woman shouldn't be president?" And my ears will bleed. Of course, Hillary's response would be very satisfying.

• Love 3

You all covered it but I wanted to smack both Paula and CCB on the tRump shenanigans - almost two whole blocks of that crap.

I think I'm going to love seeing Joy with Hillary this morning, which might be enough for me to not want to punch Paula because some offensive question is coming.

I'm not sure why CCB and Paula provoke me to violence, but Bitsy did as well.  This show, my blood pressure, why?  I think it's the level of stupid.

Things could go my way though and we'll get Sunny subbing in for Paula.  We'll probably get Raven for Michelle today too.

• Love 4

Instead of feeling anything for BAB/CCB when they showed that video of her surprise party all it made me do was try to see if I could spot her brother and wonder why most of the people attending were mostly wearing white.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm assuming the segment with Hillary was taped.

I don't think so, I'm betting that it's going to be live with her sitting at the table with the "girls".  She needs this, she's going to lose in WI today and absolutely cannot lose in NY in two weeks.

CCB's family was all in white because it's a croquet tradition to play wearing white.  Heh, even Whoopi knew that. ;)

Edited by NextIteration

I think the property brothers are very hot and have great personalities. What I don't like is the fawning over the male guests and making it sexual. If a group of male hosts did that to a women guest ...there would be hell to pay.

• Love 11

I have a gay male friend on Facebook who is OB-SESSED with The Property Brothers. He regularly posts what he thinks are attractive photos of them and basically acts like I do about my hotties. I've never seen their show, but I know at least one person who thinks they're Da Bomb.

(Do people say Da Bomb anymore? The only other thing I could think to say was The Shit and that just looks ugly in print.)

They drive me crazy and I hate the way their shows take up too much space on HGTV. Those shows are a big part of why I only watch a couple shows on that channel now. I found it funny that they could blather on about what not to do when selling a house but their answers got more jumbled when trying to say what to do. All they would advise was to call a local real estate agent for advice. If that's their advice on what to do then why buy their book?

CCB's family was all in white because it's a croquet tradition to play wearing white.  Heh, even Whoopi knew that. ;)

I wasn't paying full attention when I watched the show on my DVR so if that was mentioned I missed it. I've never had any reason to want to learn anything about croquet so I had no idea wearing all white was a tradition when playing.

• Love 5

@Jaded, I hope you know I was only teasing you a little bit, it was just really obscure that Whoopi had this bag full of knowledge about croquet - but then when CCB talked about the resort that they play it at when they are in Napa - Whoopi chimed in that it's an amazing resort.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they are nice looking men.  I was confused, though, that she asked the ONE brother, "are you single?"  and then not the other.  It was a strange moment, along with her seeming to be incredulous that anyone would pass up a chance to be The Bachelor. 

And, I agree, it's weird how they have to fawn all over male guests, telling them how good looking they are, and having Michelle gush about having a crush.  

I didn't mind when they didn't give specific advice, because they came in with a quiz game thing, and then the women derailed it.    Joy wanted to know what's the ONE thing you should do when you're fixing up your house, and there really isn't a one-size-fits-all response.   I kind of liked that CCB is, apparently, doing everything wrong with her house. 

Oh, and the View-Your-Deal stuff?  turban towels retail for $22?  elastic beaded  bracelets for $54? Tote bags for $140?  Not where I shop.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

Oh, and the View-Your-Deal stuff?  turban towels retail for $22?  elastic beaded  bracelets for $54? Tote bags for $140?  Not where I shop.

Oprah used to do the same thing on her show.  They would do fashion shows or show off items that they called "affordable".  I don't know who they thought they were affordable for because it didn't seem like average viewers would be able to buy a child's coat for over $300 which was an item in a kid's fashion show they once showed.

What I don't like is the fawning over the male guests and making it sexual. If a group of male hosts did that to a women guest ...there would be hell to pay.

I've been saying this for years.  It was really bad when Sherri was there.  The way she used to touch a male guest's thigh.  So inappropriate.

• Love 7

Oprah used to do the same thing on her show.  They would do fashion shows or show off items that they called "affordable".  I don't know who they thought they were affordable for because it didn't seem like average viewers would be able to buy a child's coat for over $300 which was an item in a kid's fashion show they once showed.

Yes.  I remember a long-ago fashion segment on Oprah's show where it was said that the "average"  women spends about $200 per MONTH on clothing/shoes.  And then Oprah gushed about one outfit, saying that the WHOLE THING, shoes and everything, was less that a thousand dollars!   I was sitting there wondering how one outfit cost more than my entire family spends on clothing in a year.   That was when I realized that Oprah was no longer relatable for me, and stopped watching. 

What's taking me so long with THIS show?

• Love 5
(edited)

I think they are nice looking men.  I was confused, though, that she asked the ONE brother, "are you single?"  and then not the other.  It was a strange moment, along with her seeming to be incredulous that anyone would pass up a chance to be The Bachelor.

I didn't google so I don't know, but the sense that I got was that the other brother was gay, it was awkward though, certainly.  Again without googling, I think it may have been awkward because CCB was at the table - if he were heterosexually married you'd think that would have been openly addressed.

eta: google tells me that Jonathon was married to a woman and is divorced.  Strange.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Thanks, I was wondering if the other brother was gay, because of the way Michelle singled out one brother to gush over and ask about his marital status.   And THEN she made similar comments about their "other brother" - the one who wasn't there, also being good-looking and single.   It was awkward.

• Love 2

Of course CCB has to hit the Christianity Under Attack meme.

Exactly how are you being persecuted? I don't get it. 

They are being "persecuted" because they are being called out for their homophobia and hating people who do not share their beliefs. They use the bible to justify their perversion of Christianity. In their deluded minds, they are martyrs for Christ....

• Love 11

I thought HRC was great and I love how she didn't waffle when Paula asked about a fetus's constitutional rights (spoiler: they have none) or CCB's bullshit about persecuted Christians or being a pro-life feminist.

• Love 11

I enjoyed the show today. Too bad they didn't have Hillary on for that last round of the show rather than have them all talk about nothing before they came back again.

I'd wondered, too, if maybe calling her Hillary was rude, since I always refer to other political candidates by their last names...? Joy and Whoopi's interjections during the talk about the e-mails were perfect. Hillary's responses to Paula's abortion question and Candace's "attack on Christianity" question were on-point, imo. The idea that a Christian wouldn't want to use the government to enforce their religious beliefs onto other people must be a foreign concept to Candace. I'm glad they didn't waste much time discussing Bernie Sanders.

• Love 9
(edited)

I thought HRC was great and I love how she didn't waffle when Paula asked about a fetus's constitutional rights (spoiler: they have none) or CCB's bullshit about persecuted Christians or being a pro-life feminist.

I truly hate that term "pro-life".  Whoopie said it best years ago on the show, that we are all pro-life. Whoopie is at her best, when she is passionately defending a woman's right to choose...If these people care so much about children, why don't all of them adopt a child in the foster care system; especially children of color...They can do so much in helping children in our country, who live below the poverty line...Not to mention, the children in need who are numerous all over the world..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16

I love Hillary Clinton but hate how she has to go all "Grandma" in interviews. I'm more interested in her policies than how she feels about her grandchildren. (Of course she loves her grandchild; that doesn't even need to be said. )

And what will Bill be called in her administration? Again, a question only a female candidate could be called, because it's all just so hilarious.

• Love 4

HRC totally won me over.

• Love 6

CCB has Sherri's former personal trainer and she was on GMA to talk about Dancing With The Stars- In a promo for the piece- she was dancing like Sherri would do...

Hopefully she didn't get advice from her!

• Love 2

The good news is that they didn’t talk about CCB’s pal (Jodie Sweetin) on DTWS-which of course they showed in opening. The bad news is CCB still has too many hair extensions.

Again, they should never have CCB and Paula on together. What’s the difference?

• Love 3

I truly hate that term "pro-life".  Whoopie said it best years ago on the show, that we are all pro-life. Whoopie is at her best, when she is passionately defending a woman's right to choose...If these people care so much about children, why don't all of them adopt a child in the foster care system; especially children of color...They can do so much in helping children in our country, who live below the poverty line...Not to mention, the children in need who are numerous all over the world..

THIS

My bf from yrs ago in  college yrs wrote an assigned essay. He said "pro choice" and "anti choice" HE GOT AN F...... unless he changed the rhetoric to "prolife" He was not allowed to say "Anti choice" True story.  

ETA He took the F

• Love 6