Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

EW. Way to think of other people, Kristen.

Why did I look that up on instagram?? Throws barware ... WHY?!!!!

Ok, slight exaggeration. But still, gross and rude.

• Love 4

I'm putting this here because I was thinking back to the live shows and the ABC edict that there be a killing and a wedding for the episodes.  You know what's interesting to me?  That the killing -- Anna's shooting of Carlos -- fit right in to the fabric of the show.  But the wedding?  I seriously doubt that's what ABC had in mind. A WTF? wedding played for laughs with just three characters.  As unromantic as it could be.  It just reminds me that this show has absolutely no romance and no great love stories anymore. I miss that about daytime.

• Love 8
(edited)

June 5th, huh.  I thought we were still a few weeks out from Laura's first air date, but I'll take it.

Looking at that picture of her with Nikolas, it got me hoping she beats some sense into him.  Literally.  With her fists.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Heck, I'm worried with the shenanigans that Nik and Liz are in, after all is said and done, Laura may wind up with all three of her grandsons.  Just a speculation.

Nancy Kerrigan will skate and I believe Nik is clever enough and has enough money to avoid facing any criminal charges. It also helps that the mayor and Sloan are corrupt and if he actually got arrested for something his grandmother would step in.

From is instagram pictures, I think he looks much better without facial hair and with shorter hair, and especially no glasses. I hope that second to newest photo isn't him in character as "Dillon".

Still, at least he isn't off the Ford brahs assembly line.

• Love 2

HOORAY DILLON! I choose to be hopeful that this actor will be as awesome as Scott Clifton. Dillon's one of my all-time fave GH characters. Only he and Georgie got me through the dark years of the early 'aughts.

• Love 1

get rid of Nina and Franco already, show

Ratings Report for the Week of May 18-22 2015
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
3. GH 2,951,000 (-2,000/+82,000)

Households
3. GH 2.2/8 (same/+.01)

Women 18-49 Viewers
3. GH 516,000 (-3,000/-141,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
3. GH 0.81/6 (same/-.22) <—— ties low (5th straight week) *

* Rounded down to 0.8

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2015/05/ratings-good-week-for-bb-5

• Love 1

I just can't imagine them complaining in September if they somehow don't get a renewal, and then acting all shocked and befuddled - 'we were giving the audience everything they want!' It's like they're clinically incapable of admitting fault with those characters (or other storylines).

• Love 10

That Monday's episode was the second live one, right?  Ouch, if that's the case.  Monday episodes are usually strong ones for the week.  And Friday's are often the weakest. But the first live episode -- the Friday before -- had just above 3 million viewers.

The live gimmick didn't work too well.

I read this thread every few days in the hopes that Ron and Frank have been fired and replaced, and am disappointed every time.  The ratings aren't at all surprising.  Most days I can't even stand to have this show on in the background.  Everything about is joyless and stupid.

• Love 1

Awww, I remember when DIllion and Georgie were the only watchable part of TFGH!

Now there's not really anything

Different strokes! I find GH now to be a million times more viewable than GH of the early 00s. I sincerely hope Dillon will only add to that.

I wonder if the suits will look at these numbers and tell FrankenRon to start wrapping shit up with the Jakeson reveal. Most posters on FB and Twitter are sick of it dragging out, and the Jiz and Samtrick day on May 21st was the 2nd lowest rated day of the week. That's been consistent for a few weeks now.

I guess no one cared who was knocking on Nina's door.  See, the wedding that ABC demanded was a huge bust.  That's in part because all the weddings on a Ron Carlivati show are either played for jokes or used a forum for public shaming. God forbid there's any actual romance on this show.

I agree with Ulkis, it's time to call it a day on the failure that is Nina and Franco. And by that I mean Nina, by herself, and Franco, by himself as well. They both need to ride off into the sunset. And I don't give a damn as to whether they're alone or together. Just go away!

• Love 10

I read this thread every few days in the hopes that Ron and Frank have been fired and replaced, and am disappointed every time. The ratings aren't at all surprising. Most days I can't even stand to have this show on in the background. Everything about is joyless and stupid.

THIS. So much this. I can also see these asshats doubling down. Giving us more crap plotpoints, camp and even less character development. We will probably end up with a larger cast and end up with the gray backdrop we've joked about.

• Love 1
The live gimmick didn't work too well.

Once people realized the live episodes were nothing special aside from being aired live, there wasn't a particular reason to tune in on Monday. I don't know why they didn't do something to set those episodes apart.

• Love 2

Once people realized the live episodes were nothing special aside from being aired live, there wasn't a particular reason to tune in on Monday. I don't know why they didn't do something to set those episodes apart.

What, various characters saying or yelling (I'm eyeballing you, Stafford) the word live wasn't enough of a reason for people to tune in?  And Michelle Stafford pounding her foot on a coffee table already rigged to break and then looking around like she's looking at crew didn't grab you?

WeNeverCared! never earned her nickname more than in the fall off of viewers who (didn't) want to see whom she was marrying.

• Love 4

I have a feeling whichever ABC exec mandated a wedding and a shooting was thinking of having a big wedding between two important characters with most of the cast gathering on the church set so at least in theory it'd be easier to shoot. And they probably ended for the Friday cliffhanger to be someone getting shot at the wedding. Definitely not the fuckery Ron & Uncle Frank gave us instead.

• Love 1

I have a feeling whichever ABC exec mandated a wedding and a shooting was thinking of having a big wedding between two important characters with most of the cast gathering on the church set so at least in theory it'd be easier to shoot. And they probably ended for the Friday cliffhanger to be someone getting shot at the wedding. Definitely not the fuckery Ron & Uncle Frank gave us instead.

Ha, that would be exactly like Dynasty's Moldavian wedding season-ending cliffhanger. UCG galore:

https://youtu.be/fwWnoRJHSJA

Which turned out to be a big letdown, because they made it seem as though everyone had been shot, but nobody important died.

Trivia note:  Finola Hughes's boyfriend at the time played the bride groom/Moldavian prince at that wedding. 

So, JT and KMc are doing a Q&A/dinner thing in NY on Friday (since Dom had to cancel.) I would freaking love to hear their thoughts on the show right now....

Since JT is still employed on GH full time, I bet he won't say much of anything.

• Love 2

Tony Geary's latest interview.  It's truly is a kinder and gentler Anthony Geary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lox4EtfDXDw#t=10[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lox4EtfDXDw#t=10

This is the first time I've truly enjoyed Tony in an interview in quite a few years. I'm glad I saw it. I don't want him to leave with me thinking, "Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out." I want to remember how long I enjoyed his character.

• Love 2

Yeah, that was the news, Emma Samms is returning for a bit.

I think she may be done.  She tweeted that she's back in England.  Of course, the studio is dark this week, so she may be coming back, but with block taping they can probably get her in 5-6 episodes.  

Tony Geary's latest interview.  It's truly is a kinder and gentler Anthony Geary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lox4EtfDXDw#t=10[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lox4EtfDXDw#t=10

I only made it to five minutes, because my eyes couldn't stop rolling over Paolo's gushing, and him telling Tony he deserved an "OSCAR" for the portrayal of Luke/FakLuke. And how he's never heard of split screen before. Really? "How did you do it?" "I've NEVER seen this before on tv!"

Maybe I'll try to watch it again later.

• Love 1

GHSR, ignore Paolo's stupidity and just watch for Tony. Other than having to explain split screen and other technical aspects of taping to Paolo, I thought he was quite good. No bravado, just a man discussing his life and career, and what the future holds for him.

• Love 4

GHSR, totally agree with Sake614, watch it for Tony. The Paolo guy made me suffer 2nd hand embarrassment from all his gushing.  It's probably one of the best interviews I've seen him give since the Emmy archive video in 2006.

• Love 3