Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Tony Geary or Billy Miller probably has lead in the bag. Could BM had submitted for both shows or did he choose? Justin Hartley submitted for lead and he's only been on Y&R for a short time.

I believe you can submit for both shows.

If TG wins my soul will die a little. And yet he'll probably win for that stupid episode in May.

Yeah, I think TC probably got it for lackluster yelling at Britt 

• Love 2

I can't believe TC got a pre-nom.  Is that for the reveal/engagement party?  Would that be this year or last year?

And what has KA and BC done to warrant nominations?  There's a few actors between GH and B&B that make me scratch my head.

And why the heck is he in the lead category?

I guess he'd have a better chance?

Guys, do you think poor Ryan Paevey submitted something?

And what has KA and BC done to warrant nominations?  There's a few actors between GH and B&B that make me scratch my head.

BC had some stuff - off the top of my head, the scene in the hotel where he and Sonny were fighting after Sonny slept with Ava. And I remember there were some dramatic scenes in January, and then there was the scene where Morgan went to confront Sonny over wanting to kill Ava.

KA I have no idea. The episode where she finds Michael with Rosalie? Younger actress is mighty slim pickings so I can see why she was pre-nommed.

The engagement party was March 2014.

BC had some stuff - off the top of my head, the scene in the hotel where he and Sonny were fighting after Sonny slept with Ava. And I remember there were some dramatic scenes in January, and then there was the scene where Morgan went to confront Sonny over wanting to kill Ava.

Yeah, when he went to confront Sonny and found Olivia then demanded Sonny tell her, I thought he did a good job with those scenes. 

• Love 2

Michael Logan @TVGMLogan
Yes, there are some SHOCKING @DaytimeEmmys prenoms, but don't forget that each nom is based on only FOUR MINUTES of footage. Explains a lot.

Every year when I think it can't get any weirder.

Jane probably refused to submit this year. She cooperated with Frank last year and between not winning and the mess that was last year's emmys, she probably's decided to stay home

I have never understood this whole pre-nom, and I can't comment on the B&B and Y&R noms, but Tony Geary? True O'Brien? Kristin Alderson? Daniel Cosgrove? Tyler Christopher? Chrishell Stause? DA FAWQ?!?

If Tony Geary wins again it's because a) he's Tony Geary and they just like giving it to him and b) they're all afraid he is about to die.

Sorry, but it's true.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

A little part of me died today seeing Finola relegated to the supporting category. I'm not saying she was given any great material the entire year last year. Or that she was on as often as she could and should have been. Nonetheless, it genuinely made me sad to have that kick of reality that Anna Freakin' Devane is being so freakin' wasted on this show.  I think that, more than anything of late, may be just enough to get me to kick this habit. Usually this show doesn't make me feel anything.  To lean on a bunch of clichés, it's been all "point and laugh," "Waldorf and Statler," and "shooting fish in a barrel" to me. I shake my head and laugh at the stupidity much like others I suppose laugh at silly pratfalls and America's Funniest Home Videos. But that demotion hit home. 

This show is a serious waste of airtime, filled with fools and shepherded by imbeciles and assholes.

• Love 6

KeSu actually nominated herself for her role on Y&R???? She didn't do anything! I mean, her character is better than Kannie, but that doesn't say much. Interesting that CD is the only GH actor in the supporting category.

most of these noms are a joke. I'll be interested to see the final list of nominations.

If BC submitted the scene the day he went to Sonny's to confront him about Ava before Sonny was like "Dude, this is a revenge killing cause she killed Connie and stuff." You know, before the writing went from "Wow this is brilliant, Sonny is losing everything. Both of his sons will hate him. For legitimate reasons the audience has seen all along." To "Oh this is not good writing. He's um well he's going to just yup they're going to um well now Micheal is the only hope. Fishsticks." Because I remember BC was really great in that scene till the writing switch the next day. I don't even think he knew what really to make of it, and how could anyone? So yeah, no Chandler Massey from Days, so if that's what he submitted, he's a lock.

If CD submitted the confrontation with LW or the one with MB then he's got an actual shot. If it's the one with LW, I can see them eating it up. It's not overly campy. It's quite good, and he was perfect. Actually, LW would be good to submit some stuff from that too.

So AJ was killed for Emmy bait.

• Love 1

I think everybody who has at least one decent scene must submit. KA was terrible in the confrontation scene between Lauren and Michael, but it was pretty well written, and it's not as if there was much else to choose from.

I'd die laughing if she submitted "Kiki and Friends." Because the Nurses Ball footage did so well when Frank put it up for GH for best soap.

I hope GH doesn't get nommed again this year. Just for the LOLs of RC whining about it on twitter.

Me too, although admittedly it won't be quite as sweet as the schadenfreude of PP's OLTL beating it out for a slot last year.

• Love 6

I'm really not trying to be mean, but hasn't that kid who plays Spencer gotten enough "dramatic" scenes to submit?....and he didn't get picked? I wonder how Ron's taking that blow?

By giving him even more airtime, of course.

• Love 2

By giving him even more airtime, of course.

It IS pretty funny that the little kids from DAYS made the list, yet with all the overexposure and love he gets from the soap press, the Spencer actor didn't even make the prenom stage.  It's not like there's a ton of stiff competition in the younger-actor/actress categories.

As much as I hate Carly I think LW deserves a nomination at least and if she submits the wedding has a shot. Chad has been solid enough to get one as well. Everyone else? Not so much. I'm glad RHs "performances" didn't get a prenom and that people with so little airtime even got some over his on screen Not Giving A Damn.

Don't know this counts as news but the last few days Facebook has been trying to get me to "Like" some upcoming charity event the Islanders are having that Ryan Paevey and WvD will be a part of. I can't stand the Islanders and I've had enough of Nathan so the add is getting pretty annoying.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Gigi, I tweeted DeVry about that event a few months ago. I'm a diehard Rangers fan and told him he was backing the wrong team. Sadly they're playing great these days, I really needed them to implode in time for this event, he tweeted back to me that he'd see me at the game. I didn't have the heart to say 'when pigs fly' ;)

• Love 1

Gigi, I tweeted DeVry about that event a few months ago. I'm a diehard Rangers fan and told him he was backing the wrong team. Sadly they're playing great these days, I really needed them to implode in time for this event, he tweeted back to me that he'd see me at the game. I didn't have the heart to say 'when pigs fly' ;)

Hah cool he tweeted you back though. Ron probably would have blocked you. (OT: Fellow Ranger fan here!)

• Love 1

Paging Dr. Robin Scorpio. Dr. Robin Scorpio, you're needed in New Orleans to help cure a Navy doctor of Polonium poisoning!

This week's NCIS: New Orleans featured a story on the above subject and the doctor said there's no cure. Which of course made me yell "YES THERE IS!" LOL!

I just thought it was funny :)

• Love 3

This week's NCIS: New Orleans featured a story on the above subject and the doctor said there's no cure. Which of course made me yell "YES THERE IS!" LOL!

Ah, but the cure was created on another network, so it doesn't exist … unless KMc manages to direct a CBS show; then she could bring the cure with her!

(Just kidding folks -- I am capable of distinguishing between TV and reality, well most of the time, anyway.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 2