Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She does! And hearing her dialogue today was just second hand embarrassment.

"It's me, my darling daughter, your mother. I, your mom, am coming home." Like they don't even buy it!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Where is Avery?

She is not with her parents.

She is not with Carly and Donna

She is not with Dante or Kristina or Joss.

Michael? Is she with Michael at the Qs even though Sonny was still mad at him for betrayal or whatever reason.

• Like 3
(edited)

Shades of when AMC tried to pass Jamie Luner off as Liza which collapsed anytime she was onscreen with MEK.

Glad Rebecca is working. But that's a weird one.

Yay for Lulu returning. A recast is probably the right choice. Give her a fresh start. They did a great job with the Kristina and Molly recasts (eventually) so I have hope.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Shades of when AMC tried to pass Jamie Luner off as Liza which collapsed anytime she was onscreen with MEK.

Some people eventually warmed to that because Luner worked hard (and because after Chuck Pratt left they transitioned her to a B/C role on the canvas). I loved her on MP but I never did. But the Taylor recast is somehow far worse.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I’m happy with them bringing on someone new for Lulu. I know she was popular but I detested JMB’s mini Carly version of Lulu and we already have EMc playing her mini me so last thing we need is another one. ER’s version was more sympathetic but it never quite worked. She gave off Pinterest mom, not Luke and Laura’s daughter 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I detested JMB’s mini Carly version of Lulu and we already have EMc playing her mini me

It makes much more sense for Carly's daughter to be her mini me anyway. And that they didn't continue Lulu in that role when ER was cast makes me think someone in authority felt the same way, because that stopped. Thank goodness.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It makes much more sense for Carly's daughter to be her mini me anyway. And that they didn't continue Lulu in that role when ER was cast makes me think someone in authority felt the same way, because that stopped. Thank goodness.

No, but ER's Lulu did give Carly a complete pass for that time Carly hired BrookLynn to destroy Lulu and Dante's relationship, because she was getting back for Michael going to jail over her and Sonny's cover up. Lulu tried to apologize and that bitch lied to her face about accepting the apology. Keep in mind that Lulu had been her biggest cheerleader and Carly didn't have one moment of guilt about what she did to the both of them. If you ever wondered why Lulu and Brook Lynn hated each other, it is because of her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Just rearranging the same old Frank Folks! I'll visit to see JJ and resume watching clips or what not if something interests me, but otherwise I'll pass.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

Girl Reporter is coming back?  Maybe she’ll be the new editor of The Invader.  Sure, she’s been in a coma for years and has no managerial experience, but that didn’t stop Nina, either, lol.

• LOL 6
On 8/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, DanaK said:

No recasting can be quite as bad as recasting OLTL's Blair Kramer from an Asian actress to a White actress

And I am old enough to remember that!  😁

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

The show even remembered it! Skip to 00:39 if you want to see just that part.

I think I remember watching that!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

has no managerial experience

Since when has that stopped anyone on a soap opera from becoming a CEO/chief editor/etc before?

Edited by Palimelon
  • LOL 3

On Social Media, I saw a post stating that Soap Opera Digest is reporting a Stephanie Gatschet has been cast as Lulu Spencer? I see from the pic she looks a lot like Julie Berman. Apparently, she has previous roles on All My Children as Madison and on Guiding Light as Tammy.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

On Social Media, I saw a post stating that Soap Opera Digest is reporting a Stephanie Gatschet has been cast as Lulu Spencer? I see from the pic she looks a lot like Julie Berman. Apparently, she has previous roles on All My Children as Madison and on Guiding Light as Tammy.

She played Laura Wright's daughter Tammy on GL. I am sure that Lulu and Carly will have plenty of scenes together.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

To no one’s surprise it’s being reported that Adam Harrington (Jagger) is leaving the show. Also Charles mesure and Kristen Vaganos have been signed to contracts.

Edited by Sake614
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

To no one’s surprise it’s being reported that Adam Harrington (Jagger) is leaving the show.

What a wasted opportunity. Of course Sonny et al will always win, but they did't even try with Wagger. Adam Harrington was a very good actor, unlike some of the others they brought in to face off against MB, so it's a double waste. TFGH.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

I wonder what if there is still some lawfare coming on the surrogacy front, given that was hinted when it was announced Ric was returning? Now that we know that it's not going to be a custody issue, maybe TJ wants to sue Ava or Kristina, or Molly wants to leave TJ? 

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

To no one’s surprise it’s being reported that Adam Harrington (Jagger) is leaving the show. Also Charles mesure and Kristen Vaganos have been signed to contracts.

Of course he is. And he’ll either be killed off or sent to prison as a corrupted cop because Mooby always has to win and be the victim.  Because that’s how Frank rolls.

• Like 3
  • Angry 3
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

To no one’s surprise it’s being reported that Adam Harrington (Jagger) is leaving the show.

What a waste of a good actor. They put the character in thankless position from the very start with Anna, then with Sonny. There was zero chance this guy was going to last. This really sucks.

Brennan is going to get wasted on Carly. So I don't know if that's better.

5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Shut the fuck up, Frank. You're a clueless moron. Thanks for nothing.

• Like 7
  • Fire 5
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

it was announced Ric was returning? Now that we know that it's not going to be a custody issue, maybe TJ wants to sue Ava or Kristina, or Molly wants to leave TJ? 

This is exactly what I'm thinking. TJ blames Kristina (ultimately Sonny) for the baby's death and now Molly pulling away from him. It's clear that Molly was already unhappy in the relationship for valid reasons and now doesn't feel she can mourn with/lean on TJ in her grief. The perfect set-up would be Molly overhearing TJ tell his mom and/or Uncle Curtis that he wants to sue Kristina, and that is the last straw for her. She decides she wants to end the domestic partnership because she can't live like this. Cue Ric's return.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Definitely no surprise re: Adam Harrington.  I am not familiar with any of his other work.  Thus, I have no idea about the quality of his acting skills, because he most definitely wasn't called upon to use any of them on GH.  Still, the character was one of the more interesting returns/arrivals in recent years, and had promising potential, and I'm sorry to have seen it wasted.  

• Like 9
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking. TJ blames Kristina (ultimately Sonny) for the baby's death and now Molly pulling away from him. It's clear that Molly was already unhappy in the relationship for valid reasons and now doesn't feel she can mourn with/lean on TJ in her grief. The perfect set-up would be Molly overhearing TJ tell his mom and/or Uncle Curtis that he wants to sue Kristina, and that is the last straw for her. She decides she wants to end the domestic partnership because she can't live like this. Cue Ric's return.

Molly doesn't need Ric to end her domestic partnership. She could do it herself or ask her mom or Diane.

I think it is something bigger.

19 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

At least I'll always have Jagger's speech to Sonny when he first came back about how Sonny use Stone's death to whitewash his crimes.

Yes, and all the other truth bombs. Especially the one where he told Anna she’s serving Mooby and Valentin and how she slept with him when she sneered at him for being involved with Ava.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I figured it Jagger had a short shelf life when it was obvious the actor and LW didn’t have any chemistry. It was obvious they were trying to throw one of the new 50 something guys to her and that was the only use they had. Notice how they had Brennan randomly decide to save her and he’s apparently sticking around despite the fact that I have zero idea what they’d do with him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What a bummer re Adam Harrington. Hot, talented and his character was a vital foil to our leads. 0f course he has to go.

Glad they are bumping up Vaganos. She has impressed me and made the part her own.

• Like 10
18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Also Charles mesure and Kristen Vaganos have been signed to contracts

Kristen plays Molly right? I’m surprised she wasn’t already on a contract given the amount of storyline she’s had

• Like 5
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I figured it Jagger had a short shelf life when it was obvious the actor and LW didn’t have any chemistry. It was obvious they were trying to throw one of the new 50 something guys to her and that was the only use they had. 

However, he had great chemistry with RS, and Jagger and Lois had a few of the same people in common when they were young. Aside from not mentioning Brenda, that was addressed in the one scene they've had. Since the Show has apparently decided to keep Lois around, it's stupid not to use him for a storyline/romance with her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think it is something bigger.

I'm assuming he's being brought back to be a suspect in a "Who Killed Ava?" story. And he could then be the killer because he could be sent to prison and we still get to have Sonny on our screens. Lucky us.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

However, he had great chemistry with RS, and Jagger and Lois had a few of the same people in common when they were young. Aside from not mentioning Brenda, that was addressed in the one scene they've had. Since the Show has apparently decided to keep Lois around, it's stupid not to use him for a storyline/romance with her. 

I don’t disagree with you but I don’t think this show places heavy consideration on most of the female cast. Korte pretty much only cares about Carly and Anna when it comes to women over 35

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Korte pretty much only cares about Carly and Anna when it comes to women over 35

If the kind of writing Korte is doing for Anna is because she cares about her, I can’t imagine what writing for someone she doesn’t care about looks like. Anna is beyond recognizable from the once great character she used to be.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anna is beyond recognizable from the once great character she used to be.

Well, there was that awful fan-girling over Eli Love.

On 8/11/2024 at 2:32 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

If the kind of writing Korte is doing for Anna is because she cares about her, I can’t imagine what writing for someone she doesn’t care about looks like. Anna is beyond recognizable from the once great character she used to be.

I didn’t say Anna was written well, just that Korte loves her. She doesn’t write Carly well either. I don’t think she’s remotely capable of writing a likable women. All her faves are smug and hypocritical. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I didn’t say Anna was written well, just that Korte loves her. She doesn’t write Carly well either. I don’t think she’s remotely capable of writing a likable women. All her faves are smug and hypocritical. 

That's probably because they are her avatars. She's writing what she would say. Smug and hypocritical sounds about right.

• Like 2

As I said elsewhere, while I may not care about Blaze it is, to quote Will Smith, wicky-wicky-wild that they are writing out Kristina's girlfriend but keeping Eva LaRue's wildly unpopular homophobe character. Deeply tone-deaf. This show needs a major creative change, not just the same old pet writers FV likes. And frankly it should lose him too.

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

they are writing out Kristina's girlfriend but keeping Eva LaRue's wildly unpopular homophobe character

Who is somehow the victim when her homophobia is made public! It's mind boggling how tone-deaf this show is.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7

Hmmm now I’m starting to believe the rumors that there was friction because Jacqueline and Kate Mansi because it’s rare to not mention your main costar in your exit statement and Kate posts constant bts pics and videos with everyone but her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5