Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

oh man, the whole twitter is terrible. I can't decide if I hope this person is being paid extra or should have tomatoes flung at them:

https://twitter.com/generalhospital

Josslyn retreats to Michael in the face of Carly's divorce & her grandmother's death. Their emotional coffee date starts NOW on ABC! #GH

It might be #WCW... but we couldn't have been the only ones to notice @japastu's lower-than-usual top button, right? #ManCrushEveryday

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

In what world does an "emotional coffee date" warrant an exclamation point? That would be dumb on any show - on a soap?

How are these writers still employed?

I think a coffee date is fine, imo. That's the stuff we complain - or at least I do - that is missing from the show. But to advertise it on the twitter like they did is silly.  How about saying "Michael and Joss have a heartfelt chat" or something, not trying to make it out to be some big thing with a Fairman-esque exclamation point, heh.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

In what world does an "emotional coffee date" warrant an exclamation point? That would be dumb on any show - on a soap?

How are these writers still employed?

In a world where either A.) excitement because no Franco B.)there are legit scenes about people hanging out at a coffee truck or a parking lot 

I like how, on the off chance someone in the target demographic decided to watch today's episode, instead of any Kiki/Dillon whatsoever they would get a really long scene of Franco obviously fake-painting Liz with weird close-ups.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, ulkis said:

I like how, on the off chance someone in the target demographic decided to watch today's episode, instead of any Kiki/Dillon whatsoever they would get a really long scene of Franco obviously fake-painting Liz with weird close-ups.

I mean, okay, it's kinda hot.  And this is the only relatively young, sexy romance going on on this SOAP OPERA.  But, why do a promo for them now when they have absolutely no story?  Is that random, retconned Amy 2.0 being Dillon's classmate thing about to become a THING?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

why do a promo for them now when they have absolutely no story?

Maybe they're testing how popular the couple is, and if there's enough interest, Lauren and Dillon will get a story. Heh.

This show has an unerring record of doubling down on the wrong thing and completely ignoring the obvious. They need to be George Costanza when he decides to do the opposite of everything he usually does, not normal George Costanza.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe they're testing how popular the couple is, and if there's enough interest, Lauren and Dillon will get a story. Heh.

If a younger couple has to get a story, I am definitely here for Kiki/Dillon over Nelle/Michael.

• Love 5

What about Kiki/Dillon and Nelle/Michael all in a story together? A mysterious doll leads them to a remote island, where they find romance...and danger! 

(I'm just pulling things out of thin air. That actually does sound like something one would have seen on Days of our Lives circa 2001, though.)

• Love 4

Jesus, how hard up for youngsters is GH? Amy 2.0 is the third wheel for Dillon/Lauren? AMY 2.0! 

Molly is needed. TJ needs to be shown, recast or leave town. Christina and Serena Baldwin need to be in town. Hell, the secretly alive Karen's teen kid(s) can come and drive Grandpa Scott crazy. Hell, the stupid show could've brought on Jimmy Lee Holt posse of family. Or add Jenny Eckert's kid/kids and even Sly Eckert's family. Just less Corinthos/Jeromes. 

Fucking AMY 2.0! This stupid fucking show. I just can't. AMY 2.0! GAH!

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 5

Well, Keeks and Private Mayo kind of need a third party, otherwise they might have to talk to each other about themselves. And they are, as currently written and portrayed, profoundly uninteresting

• Love 2

I could totally see Amy 2.0 going bunny boiler.

This regime is just completely uninterested in building its younger set, not when its got your Michelle Staffords and Roger Howarths to write for.  That's why Kiki has no friends besides a SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 10

tbf, that's a canvas wide issue. There's no action and no wanting; they're all just milling around without any urgency or overriding purpose or a desperate desire for some incredibly important thing. There's no stakes and baby-rabies is not a substitute.

But at least most of these characters had purpose at one point. Kiki has never had a reason for being and Dillon hasn't really cared about anything since he returned to town inexplicably obsessed with Lulu

I'm not saying that the actor could necessarily handle this, but it's ridiculous how little the show did with Dillon a) finding out his dad was the hospital serial killer and b) him supposedly having assumed care of his mentally ill half-sister (which, hey, Dillon and Kiki could talk about that instead of her going on and ON about Morgan being her inspiration).

It's just insane how overstuffed this canvas is while still not having enough romantic options, that's why you get your Darbys and WhatsHisNames and Amy 2.0s parachuted in.  How can you get invested in that kind of triangle?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Totally fair!  But my point was that she wasn't so much a character as a third point in a triangle that was always going to go Kiki's way, there was never any chance she'd actually "win" the triangle, you know? 

This type of false love triangle has become a trend and it's lame.  Make me actually torn, Show!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not saying that the actor could necessarily handle this, but it's ridiculous how little the show did with Dillon a) finding out his dad was the hospital serial killer and b) him supposedly having assumed care of his mentally ill half-sister (which, hey, Dillon and Kiki could talk about that instead of her going on and ON about Morgan being her inspiration).

That's because they consider Kiki the most important person in the pairing. When for once it should be the guy in the pairing.

• Love 5
On 4/8/2017 at 0:18 AM, tvgoddess said:

Hope she's doing okay.

Her 33rd birthday was on Saturday, so that's probably part of the reason she posted on that particular day. That, and I guess she is doing better. 

Edited by UYI
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Totally fair!  But my point was that she wasn't so much a character as a third point in a triangle that was always going to go Kiki's way, there was never any chance she'd actually "win" the triangle, you know? 

This type of false love triangle has become a trend and it's lame.  Make me actually torn, Show!

Oh yeah I definitely understand that. There was never any real push and pull in these triangles.  With Morgan and Dillon, Kiki was going to be the "winner" regardless. In this situation anyone who annoyed Kiki ,I gave a thumbs up to! I'm easy that way. Rosalie, Sabrina for that brief moment and Darby. Lol. 

It can't be said enough but her being the only viable option as a woman in this age group is ridiculous. 

• Love 2

Oh, he was such a silver fox. I loved Lee. R.I.P., Peter Hansen. I hope the show has a callout similar to how it mentioned that Barbara Tarbuck had died. Lee was a much bigger character than Lady Jane ever was.

• Love 3

"Grandpa [Grandpappy? Opa? I don't know what Franco would call him] is DEAD?! But I never got to know him! He never knew about me! Why didn't I know him? Why didn't he know me?"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

The show's Twitter feed just announced that tomorrow's episode begins Jane Elliot's final arc, a "month-long story" that culminates in her exit on May 4th.

Nooo, Tracy, don't leave us!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Lee and Gail Baldwin always seemed like a real life happily married couple.  They spoke kindly and gently with each other but if there was a big problem they got real about it.  They looked so smashing every time they went out to dinner or a party.  Peter Hansen and Kin Shriner were a really great father/son team.  They did really great work during the non-wedding of Jennifer Smith and Luke.  That's a good long life.

• Love 3

Just bringing this back from a year ago (around the time of the brain-worms story).  

[H]ere’s the problem with soaps: The bar keeps getting lowered. This is the golden age of television. I stream a lot of great shows on Netflix, plus I’m addicted to HBO, Showtime, FX, AMC, BBC America. That s--t is remarkable! And then you put all that up against our soap operas and the disparity just gets bigger and bigger. It makes me crazy. This is not the best that we can do. Yes, there are limitations in daytime with budget and time but then we need to write material that accommodates those limitations. Don’t write shootouts on the pier. Don’t write explosions and fires. If you don’t have the time and the money, make the stories small and intimate and heartbreaking. I also find it completely irresponsible to play guns the way do on GH and as often we do.

The great Jane Elliot, ladies and gentlemen. I'm going to miss her.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 17