Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

CS was largely associated with Serena on Port Charles. I doubt many GH viewers would know her.

I think GH viewers would know there was an actress associated with Serena who was NOT Kristen Alderson and would raise questions about that.

• Love 2

I wouldn't call it a swap out since Carly Schroder is not currently in the role of Serena and hasn't been for over a decade. That being said, I don't want KA playing Serena and I would welcome Schroder back (or anyone else playing Serena).

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

CS was largely associated with Serena on Port Charles. I doubt many GH viewers would know her.

I think there's probably some overlap there.

That said, there's no reason not to recast the role*, though I wouldn't have a problem with Carly Schroder coming back, though considering SORAS, she might be too young now (Serena should be a contemporary of Lulu), though possibly that's not as big an issue as it could be, since she's been offscreen so long.

*(Alderson is a non-starter, of course, but I was under the impression that she wasn't acting anymore.)

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2

I Remeber a couple years ago Lucy and Scotty mentioning that Serena was younger than lulu and Maxie although technically she was born before lulu then again Maxie should be a few years older than lulu but the show acts like there the same age.

That said I doubt there casting Serena anyways.

Edited by Harmony233
Want to add something

Burton's  latest:

Steve Burton (ex-Dylan, Y&R; ex-Jason, GH) has launched www.burtonnutrition.com, a guide for losing weight and becoming fit. The online program offers tips, recipes and products to purchase to help achieve a healthier lifestyle. There’s also a VIP Club to join that offers more benefits, such as weekly webinars with Burton and other fitness celebrities. The actor tweeted, “So excited! A family business! Can’t wait to help peeps achieve their GOALS!”

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/get-fit-soap-alum-steve-burton2/

Oh, no. That hits me hard.  I did not even know Jay Bontatibus's name, but I certainly remember Detective Andy in 2002-03. He was the kind of recurring character you noticed. JB was a very striking man. There was a scene in which he carried Liz in his arms out of some kind of danger, of course making her look as heavy as a 5-pound sack of potatoes. People on message boards were already shipping them, just on the basis of that! 

The writing ultimately took him in a villainous-cop-on-the-take direction, when he was revealed to be a Luis Alcazar associate. Anyone who missed him or wants a refresher can see him at the four-minute mark of this vid, beating up Stefan Cassadine (who then gets his face burned).  

RIP, Jay.  There is just nothing to say when someone dies of something so terrible and prolonged at such a young age, other than to send best wishes to his loved ones, and be grateful that his suffering is over.  

• Love 3
On 2/13/2017 at 9:43 PM, ulkis said:

She appeared on GH every once in awhile with Scott & Lucy, though, on recurring, so I'm sure some primary GH fans would remember her. It's not THAT out there, especially since PC aired from 1997-2003, and CS was there all along.

And guys, relax. KA is back in PA, and seems more or less done with acting for the time being. 

On 2/13/2017 at 10:00 PM, Melgaypet said:

I think there's probably some overlap there.

That said, there's no reason not to recast the role*, though I wouldn't have a problem with Carly Schroder coming back, though considering SORAS, she might be too young now (Serena should be a contemporary of Lulu), though possibly that's not as big an issue as it could be, since she's been offscreen so long.

*(Alderson is a non-starter, of course, but I was under the impression that she wasn't acting anymore.)

CS was born in 1990 (one year younger than me), KA was born in 1991 (two years younger than me), while Serena and Lulu were both in 1993. Maxie was actually born in 1990, and Georgie in 1995.

Of course, Robin was born offscreen BEFORE both AJ and Jason, which means that J&R technically should've been an older woman/younger man relationship, so what do I know? 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, UYI said:

She appeared on GH every once in awhile with Scott & Lucy, though, on recurring, so I'm sure some primary GH fans would remember her. It's not THAT out there, especially since PC aired from 1997-2003, and CS was there all along.

And guys, relax. KA is back in PA, and seems more or less done with acting for the time being. 

CS was born in 1990 (one year younger than me), KA was born in 1991 (two years younger than me), while Serena and Lulu were both in 1993. Maxie was actually born in 1990, and Georgie in 1995.

Of course, Robin was born offscreen BEFORE both AJ and Jason, which means that J&R technically should've been an older woman/younger man relationship, so what do I know? 

The weirdest thing that came from Billy Miller being cast as Jason is that the age difference between Robin and Jason corrected itself. 

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Oh, no. That hits me hard.  I did not even know Jay Bontatibus's name, but I certainly remember Detective Andy in 2002-03. He was the kind of recurring character you noticed. JB was a very striking man. There was a scene in which he carried Liz in his arms out of some kind of danger, of course making her look as heavy as a 5-pound sack of potatoes. People on message boards were already shipping them, just on the basis of that! 

The writing ultimately took him in a villainous-cop-on-the-take direction, when he was revealed to be a Luis Alcazar associate. Anyone who missed him or wants a refresher can see him at the four-minute mark of this vid, beating up Stefan Cassadine (who then gets his face burned).  

RIP, Jay.  There is just nothing to say when someone dies of something so terrible and prolonged at such a young age, other than to send best wishes to his loved ones, and be grateful that his suffering is over.  

Of course a cop was turned into a villain, those were the Guza years.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UYI said:

Small nitpick - Lulu was born in August 1994.

Ha, that's weird that Robin is supposed to be technically older than AJ and Jason. 

• Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

Small nitpick - Lulu was born in August 1994.

Ha, that's weird that Robin is supposed to be technically older than AJ and Jason. 

And I'm GOOD with remembering dates! I should have remembered that for sure! *smacks forehead*

And yeah, when Gerald Hopkins and Steve Burton began playing AJ and Jason in 1991, that's when they became older than Robin. 

On 2/13/2017 at 8:41 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Yeah she is. She has a movie coming out. And CS is still largely associated with playing Serena. If you are going to do a recast a role like that, it can't be a lateral move if the person is still acting, it should be a SORAS. 

Does CS even do much acting anymore? I haven't seen her in anything in years. 

11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Brydog's been replaced.

So I guess Kelly got custody of both their dogs after the break up? Or did Bryan keep Ranger? 

(For those of you who don't know, Bryan & Kelly raised both these dogs when they were still together.)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Bryan kept the other one.

I guess they are tentatively friendly though, he re-tweeted her show ad:

Thank you @bryan_craig and @MauriceBenard for the retweet

ETA: I guess not everyone is willing to give Bryan emmy-winning material?

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  16h16 hours ago

There are ugly people in this world. Be careful who you work for .

ETA part 2: hmm, maybe that's about the other Bryan (Bryan James), who I guess is still suing him for breach of contract.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Saw this on Michael Fairman's site:

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, GH EP Frank Valentini expressed: “Many people out there are still mourning the loss of All My Children and One Life to Live, and they still have great affection for and memories of those shows.  So if there is an opportunity to inject someone else, without infringing on the General Hospital brand, I think it’s a fun thing to do and it’s exciting for us.”

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Saw this on Michael Fairman's site: [FV blah blahs about the other canceled ABC soaps]

Just shut the fuck up, Frank. SHUT. UP. This show has enough problems without adding AMC or your obsession with OLTL to it.

Why doesn't Frank just leave and go revive the show he REALLY gives a shit about? 'Cause it sure as hell isn't GH.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Does GH still have a recognizable brand? 

Sonny cocking his gun, like we've seen in the promos a gazillion times.

But yeah, that quote says to me that Nora is just the first.  I'm not as opposed to the idea, I'm not gonna say no to David Hayward, for example, but Frank needs to tread lightly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just shut the fuck up, Frank. SHUT. UP. This show has enough problems without adding AMC or your obsession with OLTL to it.

Why doesn't Frank just leave and go revive the show he REALLY gives a shit about? 'Cause it sure as hell isn't GH.

This is what I've been saying. He's already ruined GH. Just leave it alone and let someone else be EP/cancel it. Go run an AMC/OLTL reunion. Bye.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Saw this on Michael Fairman's site:

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, GH EP Frank Valentini expressed: “Many people out there are still mourning the loss of All My Children and One Life to Live, and they still have great affection for and memories of those shows.  So if there is an opportunity to inject someone else, without infringing on the General Hospital brand, I think it’s a fun thing to do and it’s exciting for us.”

In defense, JFP and Guza did do a ton of damage to the brand before he stepped up. He just took it to the next level.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

In defense, JFP and Guza did do a ton of damage to the brand before he stepped up. He just took it to the next level.

Yeah, bringing on the OLTLers wasn't what damaged GH. It was the insistence that Sonny Corinthos, a mob kingpin, is the moral compass of Port Charles and can't ever be wrong or terrible. Not to mention the rampant violence, misogyny, and lack of creativity.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was the insistence that Sonny Corinthos, a mob kingpin, is the moral compass of Port Charles and can't ever be wrong or terrible.

I think it was the overexposure of Sonny, as well. There was a time he was a lead and the show was extremely popular, good, and well-written. But, the fact is, he should have been written off (or given significantly less screentime) by now, along with a bunch of other longtime characters. The show needed to evolve.

• Love 12

No argument on the Sonny issue, but I put up with that for a long time. But there was a time there a few years ago when suddenly it seemed General Hospital wanted to be any show except General Hospital. I was more or less rolling with the OLTL imports, even Starr. But then when they started up with the vampire BS, as if tying up loose ends from a spinoff that had been dead for a decade were of utmost importance, and suddenly the TWoP equivalent of this board was swarming with people talking about Port Charles storylines, I was out.  (Not that the non-Port Charles-holdover storylines were much better around that time. Pickle relish. Then General Hospital became a promo for The Chew for a week.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Frons, JFP and Guza made it all about the Tony, Stevie and Mo show for years.  FV learned from the masters at the manipulation.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

This is what I've been saying. He's already ruined GH. Just leave it alone and let someone else be EP/cancel it. Go run an AMC/OLTL reunion. Bye

He came to a GH that was already ruined. He and Ron just turned it into a different shade of awful from Guza. And he can stay the fuck away from poor dead AMC or OLTL.

Yeah, bringing on the OLTLers wasn't what damaged GH. It was the insistence that Sonny Corinthos, a mob kingpin, is the moral compass of Port Charles and can't ever be wrong or terrible. Not to mention the rampant violence, misogyny, and lack of creativity.

Yeah, this. And it started in the late 90's, much as I adored a lot of stuff from that time.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2

More from that fan event:

Ok bear with me as I'm on my phone. Just spent 5 hours with Laura, Robert, Hayley, Finola, Jeffrey, Bryan, and will.

As for Killy, Laura was a no, but Robert and Hayley said yes then maybe or at least they had been together. Lol

I asked Will why he, Nancy, Kelly, billy weren't doing GH convention and he said they didn't like how it was organized on a that end. No specifics.

Laura is the protector of all things GH. When I asked why must Franco be around Sam, she said they aren't together. I said I know but we Sam fans hate that she has to interact with him. She said there's drama in it then asked why I cared so much. I thought that was weird as you'd think they want us to care. Lol

Will asked how we felt about the livers coming to GH and everyone but me and a handful of others think it's great!

Finola is my new favorite! She's witty as hell. And itty bitty. Laura is a normal size person which was nice to see. Bryan said many want Morgan back and after meeting him in person, I like him now.hes not as childish. Someone asked if he's getting married and he said not yet and Laura told the person that's none of their business. Mother hen I tell you. I did ask him personally and he said he and Kelly were on a break and working through stuff.

Someone mentioned not liking Nelle and Laura got defensive. Lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Laura is the protector of all things GH. When I asked why must Franco be around Sam, she said they aren't together. I said I know but we Sam fans hate that she has to interact with him. She said there's drama in it then asked why I cared so much. I thought that was weird as you'd think they want us to care. Lol

Laura is the mouthpiece of Frank and Jelly, apparently. They really think we are supposed to be happy that Franco and Sam aren't romantically involved and that somehow mitigates all he has done to her and the writers continuing to force him into her scenes/stories?

• Love 1

Based on how that person described it LW sounds insufferable. I mean there's defending your show and then there's being a bitch about it and she seemed to veer into the latter. But that's just one person's account and also it is hard to tell in writing exactly how someone comes off. Still I personally always get a vibe from LW that keeps me from being able to really like her. Also, the 'ha ha' Carly laugh she does is the worst thing I have ever witnessed.

• Love 10

I did ask him personally and he said he and Kelly were on a break and working through stuff.

I don't want to hear more, I don't want to hear more...

...Who am I kidding. Yes, I do! 

• Love 6