Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Oh, I love how they already start blaming Becky on this negotiation going south. What a punch of assholes.

How about they not bring back ME and can they please get rid of these unwanted characters that are polluting the show before coming for another veteran actor. 

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 7

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this? There's just so much comedy, I don't know where to start. Varni's unprofessionalism, Jamey G. trying to get him fired, fans that want Becky to leave but are scared she'll reunite with SBu on Y&R, fans that are blaming KeMo for who knows what....

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10

Why should fans stick with something that is not entertaining to them?  Sometimes the only reason these shows have people sticking with their product is because of one actor or actress.  Its why I stopped watching GH and why I'm basically watching few and far between episodes of B&B.  Sean Kanan enticed me to watch; the complete lack of him and crappy other stories with seriously unlikable characters makes me not watch.  I feel I'm pretty mature.

Exactly this. No television show is holy, and trying to guilt viewers into watching it is infantile at best. It's their responsibility to put out a good product that people want to watch, not the viewers responsibility to watch whatever dreck they vomit up on screen. I hung with a couple of soaps for years after I stopped being entertained for a character or actress here or there. But I, too, feel perfectly mature in my decision to use my free time in a way that I actually enjoy, and that does not include watching GH. Maybe if it were a good show, I would watch it?

• Love 4

Oh Nathan,

If GH needs support now more than ever, how about writing a good show? How about featuring the characters that are worth investing in, and writing the hell out of them.

How about doing that instead of playing this one upsmanship game with Y&R over their castoffs. Instead of hiring and rehiring and rehiring again actors from one OLTL. How about creating interesting characters instead of young good looking models who can't act for shit, especially when they play characters with no ties to the show.

And perhaps most importantly, stop playing the victim, and saying things like you're being punished if people stop watching.

It really is as simple as this: If people like the show, they'll watch. If they don't, they won't.

So focus on the fucking quality of the program rather than on reprimanding or guilting the audience.

If you really are claiming that you were hacked, then you should be fired for the incompetence of not sufficiently safeguarding whatever device or password you use for work. If you actually said what was said on your account, you should be fired for the idiocy of what you said.

edited to say:

Or what Kristabell just said.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14

I love this shit! LOVE IT!

I am rolling over him saying he was hacked and then saying, "Information in private messages is not something that is a statement for the public." Well then, it sounds like you did indeed say it buddy and now you're not only lying about being hacked but also trying to blame the person that leaked it for it. LMAO!

WTF is ABC doing? Seriously. This is such bad business.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

He's an embarrassment but in the grand scheme of things should anyone at ABC/Disney really care enough to fire him? I doubt anyone who does business with them is paying attention to what he's says or even knows who he is. I guess you could say he makes GH look bad but if any of TPTB cared about GH looking bad they would do something about the writing. 

• Love 5

I mean, they eventually cared enough about the show to fire Ron when the ratings really tanked. I guess local auctions on public access shows beating GH would get Varni fired. 

• Love 2

You never know. MVJ could use that as an excuse to create Becky a role on B&B. I think she's the one writer who really liked Liz anyway. 

Edited by UYI

Varni has been dragged within an inch of his life. There's even some fool on Twitter that @'ed Michelle Valjean about BH, who doesn't even write for GH anymore lol. Soap Twitter has given me LIFE today!

That crazy one that is blaming this all on Kelly and calling her nasty vile things?  Yeah, she is batshit isn't she?

• Love 3

They'll bring him back! Sooner or later. Oy gevalt.

"I got a brand new idea, guys! Let's put Robin in a cage for a year while Patrick screws Maxie!"

"But, Ron, two of those actors aren't on the show anymore?"

"But we got Michael Freaking Easton, don't we? Exaaaaactly."

• Love 1
IIRC, BH was engaged to someone else when she became pregnant and married MS.

Considering that she ended her engagement in 2000, and her oldest was born on Halloween of 2001, that seems an easily debunked rumor. 

• Love 1

Why don't they just call General Hospital now General Life. Frank obviously wants all his OLTL actors to join GH and have all the vets who have carried GH for more than 30+ years to shelved or settle for scraps. I won't be surprised if Becky leaves, Michael Easton will be getting her guarantee salary. That's how shady it has gotten at Nathan and Frank's playhouse.

I wouldn't mind if Becky Herbst left this show for good. Wasn't she disrespected under the JFP regime once? I wouldn't want her going to YR. I want her on Days since it was her first soap gig as Dana Winthrop and if she could play Mimi Lockhart or Stephanie Johnson would be nice. Hell, if Days could make her Billy Flynn's new love interest that could be hot too since Kate Mansi will be ghost. I just want GH to regret treating her like dog shit.

But ABC has done this before with leading actresses go and blaming them why they couldn't negotiate or why they left. Remember how Chuck Pratt crapped on Eden Riegel during his run on All My Children blaming her for storyline dictation. Or how JFP crapped on Genie Francis because GF wanted the same outs as soap god Tony Geary. It's like the trend continues over at Mickey Mouse.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

Well, well, well. Nice to see the show lose its collective shit when an employee whose loyalty they abused suddenly has options. So they were aware that Liz and BH had fans and were relying on that loyalty when they trashed the character for half of 2015, just like they did with Tracy's fans when they had her give away the company and had her family telling her what a trusting idiot she was. .All they need is for Days to offer Jane Elliot a deal and this show is truly fucked, as she pretty much one of the last remnants of GH's golden era. 

Why don't they just call General Hospital now General Life. Frank obviously wants all his OLTL actors to join GH and have all the vets who have carried GH for more than 30+ years to shelved or settle for scraps.

I wouldn't mind if Becky Herbst left this show for good. Wasn't she disrespected under the JFP regime once? I wouldn't want her going to YR. I want her Days since it was first soap gig as Dana Winthrop and if she could play Mimi Lockhart or Stephanie Johnson would be nice. Hell, if Days could make her Billy Flynn's new love interest that could be hot too since Kate Mansi will be ghost. I just want GH to regret treating her like dog shit.

But ABC has done this before leading actresses go and blaming them why they couldn't negotiate. Remember how Chuck Pratt crapped on Eden Riegel during All My Children. Or how JFP crapped on Genie Francis. It's like the trend continues over at Mickey Mouse.

They have been doing this for a long while, it wasn't invented in the aughts, though they hid it a lot better. They value the actresses less than certain actors until the shit really starts hitting the fan, then they are begging the fans not to leave or in Genie's case, breaking her contract with AMC so she can reprise her role as Laura. They think it is a good trade to give TG a million dollars and six months off, but it is GF's returns in 2006 and 2008 that bump up the ratings. 

• Love 5

What a tool.

I just cant picture Missy Reeves playing Becky's mom. LOL. If those NuAbby rumors are true.

Wouldn't be far fetched for Days.

Lauren Koslow played Lisa Rinna and Julie Pinson onscreen mother. So if Becky ends being Abifail/Abigail I hope Missy Reeves will be ready to hear a woman that's young enough to be her kid sister "mommy" LOL

LMAO Varni isn't going to win friends and influence people by acting like this. So much incompetence.

He's a fanboy. Fans knew he would wreck shop after what he did to Once Upon a Time. The guy is proven show killer. Which could be what ABC wants since they still want a talk show in that studio.

Edited by BlackMamba

Becky Herbst is beautiful and looks much younger than she is, but she's still way too old to play Abigail on DAYS. That ain't happening.

And Nathan Varni doesn't run shit at any primetime show, at all. He's a glorified messenger for the rest of the network, the only place he could potentially have any flex is at as insignificant an operation as GH. People think this dude is some major executive just because he mentions 'working' on these other shows, he's not - he's just a clueless, overreaching middle manager.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Becky Herbst is beautiful and looks much younger than she is, but she's still way too old to play Abigail on DAYS. That ain't happening.

Even though you're right, it's Days.

All they need is for Days to offer Jane Elliot a deal and this show is truly fucked, as she pretty much one of the last remnants of GH's golden era.

Hey! Deidre Hall would probably LOVE IT if her BFF Jane Elliott came back to Days. Deidre could lure her back and get in Greg Meng's ear.

• Love 3

So, just to make tonight even more interesting, Ron Carlivati and the GH writing staff just won the WGA award.

For the anniversary episode? That was a decent episode...in isolation - but every single thing before and after it was complete dogshit.

So congrats to RC on managing ONE decent (history traducing!) episode over the course of a year!

• Love 4

I legitimately want them to re-purpose the Caleb hair extensions and re-cast Elizabeth with Michael Easton. The folks that want Sam & Liz to ditch Jasus and get together would probably finally get their wish.

Uncle Frank can one-up B&B and instead of revealing that a character transitioned becore coming to the show, have a long-time character transition on screen. Of course, all of the emotional and physical elements will happen off screen and instead "Liz" will suddenly be a dude.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

But these clowns would do it! They are petty enough and wants the show to be a carbon copy throw up of OLTL. They give no fucks.

h

I don't understand this and other comments like it. Sure they brought on OL actors, but with the possible exception of turning Franco into Todd, GH Bears absolutely NO resemblance to OL. None, so how is anyone trying to turn it into a carbon copy?

• Love 5

Billy Miller and Michelle Stafford has been exposed on GH.

I thought they were good actors when they were on Y&R then they came to GH and they have sleptwalked through their scenes, needs propping or they are over the top.

I don't blame them fully because they are reading what's on the script and receiving certain direction as it comes, but wow. I still feel also BM's scenes comes from a place of being uninspired and ego at times. He's a 3-time Emmy winner who still isn't Hollywood yet and the media has gassed him up for years.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

h

I don't understand this and other comments like it. Sure they brought on OL actors, but with the possible exception of turning Franco into Todd, GH Bears absolutely NO resemblance to OL. None, so how is anyone trying to turn it into a carbon copy?

It fits Valentini's idea of OLTL, more than what OLTL actually was. Maybe not as much lately, but for a lot of the "Cartini" run, it had that desperate stench of moldy camp that their OLTL work had. Now the show is just a dull hybrid of various soaps that by the end really weren't any better, but we can tell ourselves were better because they're no longer on the air and nostalgia has kicked in.

• Love 2

h

They had Carly say some crap about being able to forgive Todd for what he did to Danny if only he had been honest and then put her with a serial killer who got her son raped and hurt her BFF. Jason not being able to accept Danny was a forced way to have Sam and John kiss. Sam finally got her baby only for her to believe he died alone in a dank shack so a character from another soap could raise him for the first few months of his life off screen. They had Johnny be responsible for the death of a baby and her father to prop Starr and Todd. Todd, Starr, and John added little to this show and Franco, Kiki, and Silas add even less. The lengths Ron and Frank have gone to to keep those three OLTL actors employed (along with the dozens of characters they created) wrecked this show and it still hasn't recovered. If the Prospect Park mess hadn't happened I'm sure they would have brought on even more OLTL characters. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 11

His prerogative, I guess. My problem with the guy is that he seems content to allow his wife to bring home the money while he just flits from Monavie to law school to...whatever. Maybe I'm wrong. I DON'T know what goes on with them privately.

But based publically on what we do know and has been divulged, Saucedo seems flaky at best.

Seems to me that he's essentially a stay at home dad, so I'm not seeing the big deal. Women stay home and take care of the kids all the time while the dad works, and no one ever has a problem with that.

• Love 9

They had Carly say some crap about being able to forgive Todd for what he did to Danny if only he had been honest and then put her with a serial killer who got her son raped and hurt her BFF. Jason not being able to accept Danny was a forced way to have Sam and John kiss. Sam finally got her baby only for her to believe he died alone in a dank shack so a character from another soap could raise him for the first few months of his life off screen. They had Johnny be responsible for the death of a baby and her father to prop Starr and Todd. Todd, Starr, and John added little to this show and Franco, Kiki, and Silas add even less. The lengths Ron and Frank have gone to to keep those three OLTL actors employed (along with the dozens of characters they created) wrecked this show and it still hasn't recovered. If the Prospect Park mess hadn't happened I'm sure they would have brought on even more OLTL characters.

Chile especially Franco/RH propping is the worst.

"Never Forget" this total ham and cheese moment from RH but for some reason Frank thinks RH giving the audience a masterclass in acting.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7