Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Man, I just don't see a decent way of making Liz a viable character unless she's completely returned to her roots as a troublemaker.

Otherwise no one will give a damn and she and her unrepentant bitchface deserves to be dragged, only because Lizzie pretends she's above all this bullshit.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 2

I don't know where to put this and I know I'm late to the party, but Tristan Rogers is going back to YR next week.  Double duty is more work for him and he always seems to want to work a lot - but I don't think he was on YR for many months, and now, right after an always highly anticipated visit to GH, he now gets time on YR?  He should be Robert Scorpio, Anna is there and that police dept is weak.  Give the man a good murder to solve.  And Laura's there.  Let those two hug after 30 years.  They did a good job together on YR.

• Love 5

JT on his exit.

Once I finally told Frank Valentini (executive producer, GH) and ABC that I was not going to re-sign with General Hospital, we had a couple honest, real conversations.  Those were great.  It was important for me to keep the respect level as high as possible, and to know that this doesn’t have to become a personal thing for me, or for the show, or Frank, or whoever was involved.  It is more just a part of the business, and it’s changing for this situation, anyways.  The people over at GH mean very, very much to me.  I still want to share my life with them.  So, I didn’t want it, and Frank didn’t want it to get weird between us.  Leading into it there was a long process, but it felt efficient and it felt good.  It felt like the move was scary enough, and it wasn’t so scary that it was debilitating.  I trusted the process, and the decision that I came to.  After that, I was able then to just focus on the work and enjoy it.  It was a process for a lot of people.  Not only me, but it was a process for Brooklyn, for the writers, for other cast members, and friends I have at GH including the lovely ladies and men in the make-up room, who I spent so much time with.  We were able to say goodbye slowly, but surely. [...] Obviously, the last tape day also being my birthday, the emotions I felt came from my personal life in a way, and how it kind of intersected with everything else.  It was a lot to take in, but it was, very, very gratifying.  Frank and the other producers gave me a fantastic cake.  Brooklyn said some stuff, and Frank and Kimberly said some stuff.  I was able to thank people, everybody, or as many people as I possibly could.  There were a lot of sad goodbyes, and a lot of happy ones.  My mom and dad were in town, and so they were there.  We came home and we had something to eat, and I went to Boston the next day for a fan event.  It was quick, and it felt really good.

[...]

Kimberly can always come back and continue to appear on the show, almost like Brooklyn, who can come back for the summer and have a stint here and there.  If they decide to recast Patrick that would change things.  I can understand how moving forward it will feel different.  Kimberly is very important to General Hospital.   She has been for a very long time.  I know this ending is going to take some people’s breath away, because they are losing not only Brooklyn, but Patrick, and Robin to a certain extent.  But the great thing is I know they have plans to bring Brooklyn back when they can.

[...]

Would you say that the fact that they were not utilizing you enough played a part into your decision to exit GH?

It is kind of irrelevant, but yeah that was a percentage of my thinking for sure, but at the same time decisions are made for a certain reason.  I am sure if you asked GH, and they were being candid, they might have a reason for it also.  Frank and I had some conversations throughout the last year where I would ask, ‘Hey, what’s going to happen?  What’s going on here?  I feel like I want to kind of move it a little bit.”  Whatever the conversations were, I am still going to go there and do my job.  To an extent, it’s out of my hands.  I have never been somebody to go and complain, and be banging on the door going, “What’s up?  I want to work.”  I know there are ups and downs to stories, and especially nowadays when it comes to budgets.  But that is not my job.  My job is to show up and do the work.  For me, what is most frustrating is when I look back at ten years and see how Patrick was utilized, and the story he got.  I want to be working.  I want to have to work hard.  I want to have to stay home for 2 to 3 hours a night before the shoot day, and figure out what I’m doing.  Then go to set and try to execute it, and be pissed off if I didn’t do as well as I thought I could, and be happy when I did, and then want to do more.  If there is any feeling on that part of my decision on being on the back burner, it’s because of that, mostly.  I felt that for as hard and as long as I had been at GH, I tried to do the best work I possibly could do.  To not really have the chance to get in there, and do that kind of thing, and be trusted with a story, or to be part of the engine that pushes story forward … I wanted to be doing that.  Some changes happened behind the scenes in the last six months to a year at GH also, and that is all part of it.

[...]

[on the end of Sam and Patrick] Look again; we knew it was forced in a way.  We knew what was happening, but Kelly and I had many conversations to make this relationship as honest and real as possible.  We would say, “Let’s make them want us more.”  I think it could have worked even better, and been even stronger.  When I look back at it, there was a lot of time of Patrick thinking about other people, when he could have been thinking about what is right in front of him.  I think that was the focus that Kelly and I had a lot of times. We focused on what Sam, and Patrick felt.  Kelly and I are really great friends, and it was an absolute pleasure working with her for the time we had together.

A lot more at the link.

• Love 2

There were Samtrick fans. I think a fairly large number of them also happened to be Liz/Jakeson fans - purely coincidentally.

I don't think there was chem there but even if there had been? The writing failed them at every turn. I'm just going to assume that the writers responsible for their scenes were either entirely incompetent OR the world's biggest JaSam Scrubs fans - because nothing else makes sense

• Love 4

There were Samtrick fans. I think a fairly large number of them also happened to be Liz/Jakeson fans - purely coincidentally.

I don't think there was chem there but even if there had been? The writing failed them at every turn. I'm just going to assume that the writers responsible for their scenes were either entirely incompetent OR the world's biggest JaSam Scrubs fans - because nothing else makes sense

I agree. I think the problem was that a lot of people thought they were paired up too late--and that's not bringing in the idea that their friendship chemistry was stronger than their romantic chemistry.

But it's clear he and KeMo enjoyed working together.

• Love 2

That was a really good interview. He cited some memorable scenes and I'm glad he liked them as much as the audience. Also I loved that KeMo's response to him leaving was "fuck you", heh.

• Love 5

That was a really good interview. He cited some memorable scenes and I'm glad he liked them as much as the audience. Also I loved that KeMo's response to him leaving was "fuck you", heh.

I say this with no animosity and not as a put down.  I imagine this is also her usual response to:

1) How are you this morning?

2) Want some coffee?

3) What's your hope and dreams?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

I say this with no animosity and not as a put down.  I imagine this is also her usual response to:

1) How are you this morning?

2) Want some coffee?

3) What's your hope and dreams?

I think so too lol. I should have added, that's why I liked it, because it was KeMo wrapped up. But i do think it also meant "fuck you for getting out!" which is also why I liked it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

It was a good interview. But I side-eyed two things:

First this:

Back in October, Jason revealed that he was leaving GH

They had TIME! Time enough to call Kimberly and Tristan and start the ball rolling! But nooooo. They waited. And only filmed his exit, Robin's rescue in two days! UGH.

And then this:

It was rushed, because of the real situation of me leaving the show.  So, would this have been drawn out a little bit more?  Would some people say, there is no way that Patrick would trust Robin right off the bat again?  Possibly.

Really? (at bolded) I sure would like to know who would even think that the audience would think that it's Patrick who should be pitied here.  I say, Robin is not the bad guy here. It's Patrick, for his lack of faith and love that made this whole thing revolting.  But, it's done, and they're together and I am happy.

I really did love how he talked to Brooklyn: about the scene where Emma had her breakdown and when he told her he was leaving and how she handled it.

• Love 5

I think so too lol. I should have added, that's why I liked it, because it was KeMo wrapped up. But i do think it also meant "fuck you for getting out!" which is also why I liked it.

I totally agree.  Her "fuck yous" have context.

That one was "fuck you, you're leaving me, you bastard. I wish you the best though. Good luck."

The morning one would be "No one should be that chipper, inquisitive or talkative in the morning. You also know there's an 83.6% chance I have a hangover."

A 'how are you' fuck you is "I'm fine. and yourself?"

And the hopes and dreams is "You can't be serious with all that. But the answer is have some fun. And either do some good or not so much that's bad."

Because otherwise, you wouldn't get a response at all.

• Love 5

Also, LOL that JT will miss just talking shit with Dom. I can only imagine....

Dom:  Can you get me a job there?

JT:  I'll see what I can do.

[next day]

Dom:  Any word yet?

JT: I haven't even started!

[next day]

Dom: PLEASE man, you gotta put in a good word for me.

JT:  I hear ya, man.

[next day]

Dom:  Just kill me now.

They had TIME! Time enough to call Kimberly and Tristan and start the ball rolling! But nooooo. They waited. And only filmed his exit, Robin's rescue in two days! UGH.

It might have taken time to get Tristan's schedule cleared, etc. to get him on board.

Though, I will say that it wouldn't surprise me if Frank assumed that Jason might change his mind, and he intentionally delayed having Patrick's exit written until the very last moment.  That's typical Frank.

• Love 7

No, I just don't think Frank and Co. cared about Robin or Scrubs. If it was up to them, Patrick would leave kissing Sam's ass, putting his guitar on his shoulder, and leaving Emma with Anna. It could not be ANY clearer, especially from JT's interview, that the Scrubs ending was what him and Kim wanted. No one else.

I agree. I think the problem was that a lot of people thought they were paired up too late--and that's not bringing in the idea that their friendship chemistry was stronger than their romantic chemistry.

But it's clear he and KeMo enjoyed working together.

I loved the number of purely platonic female friendships Luke used to have

• Love 4

Do we know when Jason, Kim, Brooklynn, Fin, and Tristan's last air dates are?

I think it was already announced that Robin/Patrick/Emma would exit first, and Anna & Robert would have a little adventure and then exit but I can't recall any specific dates.

I think it was already announced that Robin/Patrick/Emma would exit first, and Anna & Robert would have a little adventure and then exit but I can't recall any specific dates.

I don't think it's been stated yet. I wish Kim was gone tomorrow. Lol.

Wait, where is Finola Hughes going?  I thought she just signed a new contract.

If he informed them in October, they were already writing/filming episodes for November, so no, I don't think there was a ton of time they wasted, TBH.

Wait, where is Finola Hughes going?  I thought she just signed a new contract.

I thought Anna was exiting with Robert to accommodate Fin's next multi-month vacation?

(It's possible I dreamed this because I want Anna spared further shit and for Fin to be on a show worthy of her talents)

• Love 1

I thought Anna was exiting with Robert to accommodate Fin's next multi-month vacation?

(It's possible I dreamed this because I want Anna spared further shit and for Fin to be on a show worthy of her talents)

Co-sign on this!   Good grief.   Even when Anna's life wasn't a complete and total mess, being with Robert was her best option.  It makes no sense she'd stay living in the Port Charles Hellmouth if most of her un-murdered loved ones are leaving town ...

• Love 2
If he informed them in October, they were already writing/filming episodes for November, so no, I don't think there was a ton of time they wasted, TBH.

Actually, I had read rumors that JT made his intentions known as far back as just after last summer's FCW. IF that is the case? There WAS plenty of time and TIIC just pissed it away.

• Love 2

I still don't accept that; because they could have filmed more substantive stuff and pushed back the shit for everyone else who were STILL on the show and there was no deadline, because they weren't leaving. So many unnecessary scenes that could have waited or be given less screen time and just FOCUS on Robin's Rescue and Aftermath and Reunion instead.

Yeah, I'm fucking bitter and take back all is well with my world after watching the conversation between Patrick and Sam.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Yeah, I'm fucking bitter and take back all is well with my world after watching the conversation between Patrick and Sam.

I don't understand why they didn't just recast Patrick at this point. They'll hellbent on keeping Samtrick in this pure, true love bubble that could have been forever if those douchebags werent alive and ruining shit. I don't get it.

I don't understand why they didn't just recast Patrick at this point. They'll hellbent on keeping Samtrick in this pure, true love bubble that could have been forever if those douchebags werent alive and ruining shit. I don't get it.

...because they're clearly building to the Jason and Sam reunion.  Maybe it would have been dragged out longer if Patrick was sticking around, but that was always the end result.

• Love 1

...because they're clearly building to the Jason and Sam reunion. Maybe it would have been dragged out longer if Patrick was sticking around, but that was always the end result.

Of course. But this is a soap. ;) Unless the show is over the second they reunite, it's not over. Liz will still be an issue. And Patrick would be, too, if he was there.

But I'm saying Jason and Sam being the endgame is why they didn't bother recasting.  They couldn't make Jason Thompson, a ten-year vet, a viable spoiler to the relationship, they're not gonna bother with someone new in the role, though that will surely change if Josh Marrow ever wants a change of scenery. ;)

• Love 5

But I'm saying Jason and Sam being the endgame is why they didn't bother recasting. They couldn't make Jason Thompson, a ten-year vet, a viable spoiler to the relationship, they're not gonna bother with someone new in the role, though that will surely change if Josh Marrow ever wants a change of scenery. ;)

How dare you! Samtrick are popular and amazing and a Supercouple.

Samtrick may not have been the greatest relationship but I enjoyed it because it ended Sam being stuck with Silas.

For that alone, I will miss the hell out of Jason Thompson.

They should have paired them up sooner rather than waste Sam on every character they made Michael Easton play on GH.

• Love 10

Sam/Silas could have worked if it hadn't been so badly presented. "Your baby totes has cancer; see ya!" "I'll never forget you saved Danny's life—let's fuck!" I mean.... Plus, it was so obvious RC resented writing Silas instead of John McBain, who, admittedly, would have been a better fit in the show. But that's Ron's fault entirely for killing HopeandCole (not that I resent him for that—I hated the whole teen pregnancy story over on OLTL) and getting PP's ire up.

He was hoisted by his own petard.

• Love 7

But that's Ron's fault entirely for killing HopeandCole (not that I resent him for that—I hated the whole teen pregnancy story over on OLTL) and getting PP's ire up.

He was hoisted by his own petard.

Hey!! Star was going to be the new bright wonderful loved star ingenue of the show!

JT's exit interview was a good read.  This part is interesting:

I felt that for as hard and as long as I had been at GH, I tried to do the best work I possibly could do.  To not really have the chance to get in there, and do that kind of thing, and be trusted with a story, or to be part of the engine that pushes story forward … I wanted to be doing that.  Some changes happened behind the scenes in the last six months to a year at GH also, and that is all part of it.

The new writers haven't used him any less, or made him any less a piece of cardboard, than Ron C., so I'm curious about these changes.

Also, this part:

I think working with John J. York (Mac).  I think John is underutilized and should be used more.  I think he is something that GH doesn’t have.  I think the audience feels very, very comfortable seeing him.  He makes people on set warm and fuzzy.  I think he is a fantastic man, and he has paid his dues in a lot of ways.  I feel he has a lot more to give. He is a very feeling guy.  I think when the audience sees he is on screen, they feel that everything is all right if Mac is there.

All true.  Mac and Felicia both are underutilized and have such a rich history with GH.  I don't understand why they're not used to drive story.  Probably because they're not Sonny and Carly.

• Love 11

But I'm saying Jason and Sam being the endgame is why they didn't bother recasting.  They couldn't make Jason Thompson, a ten-year vet, a viable spoiler to the relationship, they're not gonna bother with someone new in the role, though that will surely change if Josh Marrow ever wants a change of scenery. ;)

If Josh ever decides he wants to pop up on GH, no matter who is character is, I give it a week before Nina is hanging all over him.  No way MS is going to have him back in her atmosphere and not piss all over his leg to mark him for her very own. 

• Love 7

If Josh ever decides he wants to pop up on GH, no matter who is character is, I give it a week before Nina is hanging all over him.  No way MS is going to have him back in her atmosphere and not piss all over his leg to mark him for her very own.

Excuse me while I gauge my eyeballs out at the mere thought of a Franco/Horse Whispererer/Patrick Triangle.

I think working with John J. York (Mac).  I think John is underutilized and should be used more.  I think he is something that GH doesn’t have.  I think the audience feels very, very comfortable seeing him.  He makes people on set warm and fuzzy.  I think he is a fantastic man, and he has paid his dues in a lot of ways.  I feel he has a lot more to give. He is a very feeling guy.  I think when the audience sees he is on screen, they feel that everything is all right if Mac is there.

Awww, these comments are so sweet and rather accurately sum up how I feel about Mac.

• Love 8

Somewhat off topic, but Josh Morrow is not at all attractive to me whatsoever. His eyes make me think of an orangutan.

So...yeah, that's one thing I wouldn't watch GH for, if I were still watching, that is.

• Love 3

I agree about JM's simian-ness.  The last few days I've been watching Y&R in anticipation of JT's coming over.  I've only ever watched that soap a few times here and there over the years, with the longest stretch being a couple of weeks during the time Sharon Case's character was being torn to shreds.  Even with that limited experience, I think JT will fit in well there.  For one, the longer scenes suit someone who puts a lot of thought into his character's motivation far more than the short scenes and quick cuts that FV insists upon.  The only downside is that JT will be acting opposite Amelia Heinle (an actor I don't care for at all).

• Love 1