Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It seriously brightened my day!

And I've always found the kid playing Undead Jake to be pretty naturalistic honestly, in that he isn't an actor, isn't trying and therefore is getting less and less wooden IMO - he seems to loosen up with Billy Miller too. He just seems chill to me.

You know I agree! I love Not Dead Jake idec!

Awww I have a soft spot for little wooden Cam now

I always have had a soft spot for him and that just made it grow.

I wish BH would've been there for that. I love her scenes with the kids.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Yeah, the other one and the other other one. They're in the closet or the attic or with Audrey. 

Aiden came down from the attic for a brief plot point scene with his daddy, Lucky, during JJ's appearance this past July at Liz's house. He was super cute.  Then Cam was in a scene with Laura and Jake for a plot-point thing at Halloween about Jake being messed up/violent (I guess they didn't want Jake to be super bad by knocking his little brother down instead). The only time all 3 boys have appeared together was at the church right before the Liz&Jason wedding-that-wasn't. Ugh. 

It would be accurate to say I'm disgusted that Show has glossed over that Lucky was the true father of Cam (the bio one, Zander, died before Cam's birth and the boy's never heard his name). The emphasis on Lucky as Aiden's father (no mention of Cam) since JJ left is awful, especially since both GV and JJ's Lucky had sweet scenes spanning years with Braden's Cam. Lucky spent far more time with Cam than he did with his bio son, baby Aiden. Yet Cam got excluded from that Lucky&Aiden plot point scene.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

The only time all 3 boys have appeared together was at the church right before the Liz&Jason wedding-that-wasn't. Ugh. 

I think they were all together on Halloween dressed up as football players, which lead to the rage-inducing scene where Liz offered up Cameron and Jake for adoption.

But I'm still not over their banishment from the Thanksgiving episode.  Her first Thanksgiving with all her boys since Jake's return and Liz splinters off from two of them?  Noooo.

• Love 4

Whenever it comes to not seeing kids, I can't get upset at the onscreen reasons. Child-labor laws, scheduling, etc., will always mess things up. I'm fine with them being permanently with grandparents/upstairs/having a sleepover at friends.

• Love 2

Whenever it comes to not seeing kids, I can't get upset at the onscreen reasons. Child-labor laws, scheduling, etc., will always mess things up. I'm fine with them being permanently with grandparents/upstairs/having a sleepover at friends.

I'd totally agree...if it had been all the kids.  But lo and behold, the show managed to make sure both of Jason's sons were on-screen.  That they couldn't find a spot for the non-Jason Liz kids in a holiday episode, when they trotted out all the others, speaks to the show's view of them.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
But lo and behold, the show managed to make sure both of Jason's sons were on-screen.  That they couldn't find a spot for the non-Jason Liz kids in a holiday episode, when they trotted out all the others, speaks to the show's view of them.

I totally get the frustration of focusing on one kid. But I don't care enough about any of them to get upset about it. Hey, I have to be Zen about SOMETHING on this fakakta show.

So apparently LW and MB are in the new Jennifer Lawrence movie? Well, there's one reason not to see it right there. I would yell out at the screen and people would be wondering who the crazy lady is that was spouting venom at people called Carly and Sonny.

• Love 1

Oh dear...this is from the Variety review of "Joy":

Unfolding mainly in an unspecified Rust Belt town during the 1980s and ’90s, the movie frames its heroine’s story with an amusing sendup of a long-running daytime TV serial (populated by such game, Emmy-winning icons of the medium as Susan Lucci, Laura Wright and Maurice Benard).

The idea of Susan Lucci possibly slapping Laura Wright and/or Maurice Benard across the chops is kinda appealing, though.  The Lucci knows how to throw a slap:

(Her tossing her hair afterwards is perfection.)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Despair in the Afternoon has some words for Mr. Falconeri:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/another-one-bites-the-dust-2/

Did those words about the interception actually come out of Dante's mouth? Did Disney give someone a paycheck to write those words? Da fawq?

So apparently LW and MB are in the new Jennifer Lawrence movie? Well, there's one reason not to see it right there. I would yell out at the screen and people would be wondering who the crazy lady is that was spouting venom at people called Carly and Sonny.

I was not going to see this because I think Bradley Cooper is a terrible actor, but some perverse part of me wants to see folks in a theatre laughing at Mo the way I do at home.

• Love 2

I was not going to see this because I think Bradley Cooper is a terrible actor, but some perverse part of me wants to see folks in a theatre laughing at Mo the way I do at home.

I like Bradley Cooper best when he's a raccoon.

• Love 6

I'd like Bradley Cooper if he were actually hot. (Yeah, I went there.)

I kind of always enjoy seeing soap actors in movies, though, no matter who they are. I'm honestly kind of happy for them. *runs* 

• Love 4

@TVGMLogan Time to write that Best in Soaps column. As always, Best Actress is an insanely crowded category. Best Actor? No contest. @TVGuideMagazine

@NancyLeeGrahn @TVGMLogan @TVGuideMagazine Do not forget or underestimate the importance of listening to others be very emotional as very important acting

@TVGMLogan hey doll, I'd completely agree...if I understood what the hell you're talking about. @NancyLeeGrahn

@TVGMLogan Time to write that Best in Soaps column. As always, Best Actress is an insanely crowded category. Best Actor? No contest. @TVGuideMagazine

@NancyLeeGrahn @TVGMLogan @TVGuideMagazine Do not forget or underestimate the importance of listening to others be very emotional as very important acting

@TVGMLogan hey doll, I'd completely agree...if I understood what the hell you're talking about. @NancyLeeGrahn

I'm loath to defend Nancy Lee ' the underground railroad was an actual tunnel' Grahn, but I think k what she is saying is that the scene partner(s) that have to be there and react to the big dramatic emotion is just as important to the scene. A great example of this is the facial expressions made by Fin, Jane, and Laura, as opposed to the bizarre reactions that Kristin used and Bry-dog uses.

Someone recapped JT's SOD interview. Really telling.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Daytime_Dish/single/?p=16594134&t=7555523

I think JT would have killed a full-blown drug addiction story back in '12, and soul have been brilliant playing a full-on psychotic break this year. It should have been Patrick that discovered Jake was Jason and have a full-on descent into crazy to keep the truth hidden as he blamed Jason for losing Robin twice.

Patrick locked away in Miscavagie, and Robin breaking free from Hells and bringing Patrick back to reality would have been great.

• Love 9

Someone recapped JT's SOD interview. Really telling.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Daytime_Dish/single/?p=16594134&t=7555523

Thanks for this, it's definitely not anything we haven't surmised but still a good read. I don't blame him at all for getting the hell out of there. I was never anti-Patrick, and I only started watching past most of the good parts of Scrubs so I've never had a strong feeling about him. JT never did anything for me physically, but he's a hell of an actor and he should get to do more than just stand around. I wonder what his storyline would have been if he and KeMo had not campaigned to work together.

This is definitely GH's loss, YR's gain.

• Love 9

I liked that he acknowledged the natural ups and downs of soap storytelling but also says Patrick has had more downs than ups. I don't think Patrick has had his own story since the Sabrina romance, has he?

I was gonna say maybe the investigation of Shamwow's death, but that became more about Sam and him flirting with her.

I liked that he acknowledged the natural ups and downs of soap storytelling but also says Patrick has had more downs than ups. I don't think Patrick has had his own story since the Sabrina romance, has he?

And even that wasn't his story. He wasn't even sharing a POV like he did when Scrubs first started and he and Robin were both equally represented in their romance. He had no POV during the Sabrina "romance." It was all about Sabrina: her feelings, her transformation, her feud with Britt for Patrick's affection, her friends involved, etc.

In fact I think a lot of people initially were excited about Samtrick because it meant that Patrick might have a POV again. Yeah, look how that turned out. He ended as even more of a wallpaper decoration than before. Literally there to lay in bed and listen to Sam say, "Jason, Jason, Jason."

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 12

Patrick's story was never really Sabrina's story. The minute she and Britt arrived Patrick was re-positioned as the hunky Doctor for the new girls to fight over and his POV became largely distanced from the audience from then on, like it was a high school romance and he was the opaque jock they were trying to win. He didn't get much more of his own perspective back, IMO, until Robin returned. And what they gave him after she left was extremely plot-driven and scattershot, especially after he and Sam made it official.

They treated JT and Patrick like another typical FV/RC disposable male. They've always treated a lot of male characters like that: Eye candy and clueless dupes, unless they're 'fun' and bad or played by a new favorite. Even Jason has been a clueless dupe.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

I will never forget when they had Patrick and Sabrina listen to a Katy Perry song together at the hospital like they were standing in the hallways of a high school before the big football game.

Edited by HeatLifer

FV has known since Ron was let go yet they have continued on with the Samtrick/Jasus shit until the last possible second.

11 episodes in 2 days?

'Cause he's petty! He basically gave JT and KMc what they wanted...but at the very last second.

• Love 1

FV has known since Ron was let go yet they have continued on with the Samtrick/Jasus shit until the last possible second.

11 episodes in 2 days? No wonder production looks like shit.

Frank probably thought he could convince JT to stay, just like he thought SBu would stick around.

• Love 4

Frank probably thought he could convince JT to stay, just like he thought SBu would stick around.

He did the same thing with Julie Berman. Dude really doesn't seem to learn in this instance.

• Love 3

Got a status update from Tristan Rogers, a.k.a. RobertFucking!Scorpio! about day two of filming--more "Robert and Anna joining up" or something like that.

Wait, here's the direct quote:

"Just finished todays work. We are getting more into the Anna and Robert as a team. This is fun."

Me: WOO HOO!

I take my small pleasures where I can.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12

I'm loath to defend Nancy Lee ' the underground railroad was an actual tunnel' Grahn, but I think k what she is saying is that the scene partner(s) that have to be there and react to the big dramatic emotion is just as important to the scene. A great example of this is the facial expressions made by Fin, Jane, and Laura, as opposed to the bizarre reactions that Kristin used and Bry-dog uses.

Yes, I'm sure that's what she meant, except the part about those expressions made by Fin, Jane and Laura.  She, yet again, is talking about herself and bemoaning the fact that she didn't have a great storyline this year.

Of course, she scratched, clawed, and manipulated to have a pairing with living incarnation of Narcissis, and now she's grumpy she didn't get great material. You can bet if she were the one whose lover died in her arms, or if she had had scenes enduring the death of a child, etc., instead of listening to her daughter go on about her dead husband coming back to life but engaged to another woman, she wouldn't have made that comment about reacting being so noteworthy and important.

Just how I see it.

I think JT would have killed a full-blown drug addiction story back in '12, and soul have been brilliant playing a full-on psychotic break this year. It should have been Patrick that discovered Jake was Jason and have a full-on descent into crazy to keep the truth hidden as he blamed Jason for losing Robin twice.

Anna and Patrick fighting over custody of Emma could have been great. A no villain kind of storyline.

Instead we got Anna fighting Tracy and Heather Webber for Luke. And then we got SabRina and Britt. Show, why do you hate me?

• Love 4

Got a status update from Tristan Rogers, a.k.a. RobertFucking!Scorpio! about day two of filming--more "Robert and Anna joining up" or something like that.

Wait, here's the direct quote:

Me: WOO HOO!

I take my small pleasures where I can.

So Robert is sticking around?

These fuckers are so fucking dumb. Robert should have always been around. They were stupid for losing him at the end of GH Espionage. The Scorpios should have been the focus instead of the West/Westborne/Whatever Silas last name is.

I may have to actually still care about this shit, if RobertFuckingScorpio is sticking around.

• Love 1

Does Robert overlap with Robin and/or Patrick's exits?

I at least need all of the Scorpios, even Maxie, together at Christmas.

And then I'm going to need Billy Abbott to be heavily involved in story with Colin Atkinson, and for him to have a long-lost tiny brunette niece that comes on for a few special guest appearances . . .

• Love 2

Pretty sure we'll get a Scorpio family reunion for at least a minute.

Yes. Tristan stated in one of his earlier tweets that there would be Scorpios together at Christmas. I posted it up thread. As much as I love him, or because I love him so much, I don't want him to stick around because it wouldn't be long before the show would ruin him.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1