Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I was hoping and praying they'd let Laura be smart and suspicious that something is up, so I'm glad for that, at least. Interesting that Ryan-as-Kevin pushed her away when she goes in for a kiss. Wouldn't that make her more suspicious?

• Love 2

In Ryan's warped mind, he probably thought that'd be cheating on Felicia. ;)

This is the first time we've seen Kevin and Laura's home, yes?  Soap contrivance aside, I was annoyed that Laura would knock on the door of her own house so I appreciated them at least throwing in a line about her being too tired to fish out her keys.

Curious to see what Ryan's "trying day" entailed, and who he was imagining strangling with that piece of rope.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

In Ryan's warped mind, he probably thought that'd be cheating on Felicia. ;)

Curious to see what Ryan's "trying day" entailed, and who he was imagining strangling with that piece of rope.

Mac? If Ryan's obsession with Felicia still stands ;)

I've mentioned Kevin's scar from where Valentin shot him, but I also assume Ryan must have scars, from the funhouse fire. How is he going to get around that?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I also assume Ryan must have scars, from the funhouse fire. How is he going to get around that?

He underwent the same procedure Ava did at the same Russian clinic. I won't be surprised if they crossed paths (retconned, of course). Jason will also have to be shoehorned in, as per GH law.

• Love 3

BM on KM:

Kelly’s shy & self deprecating to a fault. She’s not the type to self-promote... Instead, she opts to praise her fellow actors. I often wonder if she knows just how good she really is. She never “wings it” or “phones it in”. She’s always present, raw & real

Kelly’s commitment is to be admired as one of the hardest workers in the building. She’s always looking to improve. She has guilt tripped me into many study sessions. The scenes & I were always better for it. She wants to get it right for the show, her coworkers & for the fans"

The never phones it in is a bit much, but nice comment overall.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

KeMo was quoted in SOD saying that fans should "just get over it!" in regards to the Franco/Sam situation.

On fans continued resentment towards Franco: “We gotta get over it! I mean Roger’s getting the wrath of what should have been a little blip played by James Franco.”

Me: But they are the same character!!

• Love 9

And not only that, the RoHo version has been pretty consistently portrayed as someone who is still more than willing to do terrible things to the people around him. The character hasn't really changed. We shouldn't be expected to get over it.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

KeMo was quoted in SOD saying that fans should "just get over it!" in regards to the Franco/Sam situation.

And what does this have to do with RoHo? All TPTB had to do was NOT make him Franco. Would you still have people who didn’t want any OLTL actors on GH? Sure. This ain’t on the fans.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, rur said:

And not only that, the RoHo version has been pretty consistently portrayed as someone who is still more than willing to do terrible things to the people around him. The character hasn't really changed. We shouldn't be expected to get over it.

Not only does he still do terrible things to people, the RoHo version doesn't seem concerned about the previous terrible things he did and that the tumor absolves him of all personal responsibility. He doesn't understand why whining why won't you forgive me doesn't work.

• Love 3

On fans continued resentment towards Franco: “We gotta get over it! I mean Roger’s getting the wrath of what should have been a little blip played by James Franco.”

Yeah, this makes NO sense.  Is she saying that Roger shouldn't be playing Franco and therefore the fans can't be upset that he IS playing Franco.  

Or is she saying that the Franco James Franco played isn't the same as the Franco Roger is playing?

Or is she just talking nonsense because the actors, by and large, just spout the GH party line?

I'm going with #3.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, this makes NO sense.  Is she saying that Roger shouldn't be playing Franco and therefore the fans can't be upset that he IS playing Franco.  

Or is she saying that the Franco James Franco played isn't the same as the Franco Roger is playing?

Or is she just talking nonsense because the actors, by and large, just spout the GH party line?

I'm going with #3.

She’s talking nonsense but it’s not about it being a party line. I doubt KeMo gives one fuck about the story or these characters outside of whether she gets to work with Billy Miller or not.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

James Franco's Franco was hardly "a little blip." The dude pretended to rape Sam, set it up so Michael was raped, killed a few people while he was in Port Charles, and was generally a truly awful character.

As always, bringing RoHo on as Franco can never be explained to me. There were plenty of other existing characters to use, seeing as they were too lazy to create a new one.

• Love 16

I think she is saying that this is a soap opera and people need to move on from who Franco was when James Franco was playing him.  Things change, that's SOP for a soap.

But it will never not be a bad decision to give James Franco that vanity role, and an even worse decision to have Howarth play Franco afterwards because that character is irredeemable.

• Love 6

I like Kelly and I like Billy, but I thought he sounded incredibly over the top in that "tribute."

At this point, sometimes I do feel like those two just like to egg shit on and I'm over it.  I just think they made this crap even messier than it needed to be and the fans suffered in the end. 

Edit: I will say it's nice to see a man praise a woman and basically allow her to have the "spotlight" even if it's on a shitty soap.  I still think BM could have cut down the speech at least 2 paragraphs. lol.

Edited by Hater
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

the RoHo version doesn't seem concerned about the previous terrible things he did and that the tumor absolves him of all personal responsibility. He doesn't understand why whining why won't you forgive me doesn't work.

This reminds me to ask: was there a follow-up scene to the scene in the park where Cam was eye-to-eye with Franco and angrily brought up him having killed people in response to Franco telling him him words to Aiden were not cool. I would like to know if Franco had a response to a teenager calling him out. Cam's lack of respect for Franco is the best thing about the SORASing. It's also a sad day when I'm cheering on a 14/15-year-old in disrespecting or telling off an adult. I would love for Cam to spell out to his mother, face-to-face, why Franco is no role model for him or his brothers.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

ME (chiming in):  "And you could fix the whole mess so easily by having the James Franco 'Franco' be an impostor and RoHo 'Franco' have implanted memories!  YOU HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT IMPLANTED MEMORIES ARE A THING ON THIS SOAP, USE THEM TO GET YOURSELF OUT OF THIS JAM!!!"

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As always, bringing RoHo on as Franco can never be explained to me. There were plenty of other existing characters to use, seeing as they were too lazy to create a new one.

A thing which amazes me, because I had always heard that writers get paid bonuses for creating and using new characters.

• Love 6

His current parentage would've been entirely sufficient. RC/FV decided to tie RoHo to Franco; it's not the fans responsibility to "get over" that shit. It makes no sense to ask people to care enough about the show to watch it on a daily basis, while simultaneously insisting that they disregard the fact that Franco is now one of the main characters.

FV apparently had one 'kill a crappy character and bring back the actor as another character' card. I will never understand why he used it on Silas instead of Franco.

I really think the opportunity to claim brainwashing or brain damage or implanted memories is gone. If they were going to do that, they should have done it with the tumor story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

His current parentage would've been entirely sufficient. RC/FV decided to tie RoHo to Franco; it's not the fans responsibility to "get over" that shit. It makes no sense to ask people to care enough about the show to watch it on a daily basis, while simultaneously insisting that they disregard the fact that Franco is now one of the main characters.

FV apparently had one 'kill a crappy character and bring back the actor as another character' card. I will never understand why he used it on Silas instead of Franco.

I really think the opportunity to claim brainwashing or brain damage or implanted memories is gone. If they were going to do that, they should have done it with the tumor story.

It is also gross that they used one of their multiple redeem-Franco attempts on something as serious as having him have repressed memories of being sexually molested and have not once brought it up again.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

They won't bring it up again until Redemption Attempt 6 when they discover that Franco has DID. Probably there will be a parrot involved.

….I don't even want to know what that example is in reference to, do I?

16 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Laura is NOT a Corinthos; she's Sonny's son's mother-in-law. Also interesting, Avery's big sister is in the photo but Avery is not. Or is Kiki included because she was Morgan's on-again, off-again girlfriend/briefly his wife? Sam is not married nor engaged to Jason, so why is she in the photo?  Spencer should take Kiki's spot, next to his grandfather. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Laura is NOT a Corinthos; she's Sonny's son's mother-in-law. Also interesting, Avery's big sister is in the photo but Avery is not. Or is Kiki included because she was Morgan's on-again, off-again girlfriend/briefly his wife? Sam is not married nor engaged to Jason, so why is she in the photo?  Spencer should take Kiki's spot, next to his grandfather. 

I think they meant the GH Family.  Not a family pic with the Cortinthi.  At least I hope so.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That's how I took it, too, because there's no reason for Molly and Kristina to be there, for example. I feel like the photo is of everyone who was taping that particular day.

I assumed because Kristina is Sonny's daughter, and Molly is his niece - as well as Kristina and Sam's sister. Aside from Jason and Sam (who are considered by Sonny and Carly to be family), the only person not connected to Sonny by blood, marriage or illegal adoption is Kiki.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Picture: Except for Kiki (and Sam), these are all the women that Michael cannot hook up with as he is related to them in one way or the other.

He can hook up with Laura too. ; )

1 hour ago, Hater said:

Apparently you can see some of the characters in that photo holding something with Morgan's face on it.   Look underneath Emme's seat and Hayley Erin is also holding it.

This is about Morgun!!!

Nikolas didn't get a tenth of the ongoing mourning that Morgan did. Why are we still constantly hearing about Morgan?!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Britt, Mac, and Kayla from Days are going to be in a Lifetime movie called The Sinister Surrogate.

Technically, Kayla from Days is also Katherine from GH. ;) 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, UYI said:

Katherine Bell from 1993-1998. She who fell off the parapet. Twice. 

I assume this is at Wyndemere. Since Valentin and Nina live there now, can they please be pushed off the parapet soon?

• Love 2
On 9/28/2018 at 11:54 PM, LexieLily said:

It is also gross that they used one of their multiple redeem-Franco attempts on something as serious as having him have repressed memories of being sexually molested and have not once brought it up again.

That's not really true. Franco and Ryan as Kevin talked about it a week or so ago and Franco alluded to it when he and Drew had a heart to heart the week before last. 

11 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

You had to bring her up, @UYI.

I really did, actually. :P

It's funny how long she was on the show, because she really wasn't very popular, was she? 

5 minutes ago, UYI said:

It's funny how long she was on the show, because she really wasn't very popular, was she? 

In retrospect, she was probably a better-rendered character than many on the show today, but she got on every damn one of my nerves. Also, her thing with Nikolas was, like, Sonny-level gross. I cheered when she died. Both times.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3