Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 4/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, peachmangosteen said:

He looks so fucking good with grey hair.

I don't want Ric back though. All he ever does now is worship Sonny or pine after Liz's dumb ass.

I keep hoping I'll see him around town since he lives here now, but I never go anywhere so it's highly doubtful.

• Love 3

Seeing those photos of Lee, Gail and Scotty is bittersweet.  I wish GH would replace Frank Valentini with Jane Elliot.  Then she could fire this pathetic head writing team and hire people who know what they're doing, get rid of any and all Corinthii (plus Franco and Nina), and rebuild the Quartermaines, Scorpios, Webbers, Wards, Baldwins, etc. 

• Love 11

Yup. A long strike is a disaster waiting to happen for a daytime soap. The last one was bad. But now we're down to 4 network soaps. DAYS might actually be in the best position to survive. Since they tape like 5/6 months ahead. 

I get the need to strike. Writing has been gutted lately by tv. Shows now are having shortened seasons. So the writers don't get paid as much. So they are losing out on income. My friend's place of work decided to close one day a week. Meaning she has to work on a Sat/or Sunday(not easy being a single parent with a special needs child) or lose 20% of her pay. Which ain't much to start with. Not too shockingly, plenty of her coworkers are already looking for new jobs. Still, the owner is shocked! Why quit? She had to point out to the jerk that most workers can't afford to lose 20% of their pay. And who would hire people to work one day a week? 

Kind of a similar issue with the WGA members.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Yup. A long strike is a disaster waiting to happen for a daytime soap. The last one was bad. But now we're down to 4 network soaps. DAYS might actually be in the best position to survive. Since they tape like 5/6 months ahead. 

I get the need to strike. Writing has been gutted lately by tv. Shows now are having shortened seasons. So the writers don't get paid as much. So they are losing out on income. My friend's place of work decided to close one day a week. Meaning she has to work on a Sat/or Sunday(not easy being a single parent with a special needs child) or lose 20% of her pay. Which ain't much to start with. Not too shockingly, plenty of her coworkers are already looking for new jobs. Still, the owner is shocked! Why quit? She had to point out to the jerk that most workers can't afford to lose 20% of their pay. And who would hire people to work one day a week? 

Kind of a similar issue with the WGA members.

Plus, after reading that article and seeing Les Moonves' sweet deal, I'd be pretty pissed too. Kinda echoes what's happening for a lot of regular folks working for corporations who are paying out big bucks to CEO's while giving the actual workforce peanuts. When will folks learn it's the middle class that grows the economy, not making super rich folks richer?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Plus, after reading that article and seeing Les Moonves' sweet deal, I'd be pretty pissed too. Kinda echoes what's happening for a lot of regular folks working for corporations who are paying out big bucks to CEO's while giving the actual workforce peanuts. When will folks learn it's the middle class that grows the economy, not making super rich folks richer?

Yup. The networks and studios keep saying how poor they are and yet they give themselves(being the higher ups in management) raise after raise. While telling their employees they need to sacrifice to keep the ship going. I get the union's anger. When was the last time network/studio VPs and higher ups took a paycut to help save jobs/company?

• Love 5

Monica and Dillon will be the only Q's left once Tracy leaves. It's not just the Q's either. Anna, Laura, Liz & Lulu are the only people left from the Scorpio, Jones, Spencer & Webber families. Nearly every other character is either a Corinthos, Jerome, Cassadine or somehow related to the mob.

Even of the kiddie set, Emma, Georgie, Cam and Aiden are the only ones who don't have mob ties and we rarely ever see them on screen. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Vera said:

Anna, Laura, Liz & Lulu are the only people left from the Scorpio, Jones, Spencer & Webber families. Nearly every other character is either a Corinthos, Jerome, Cassadine or somehow related to the mob.

Sad. And such a huge mistake. 

They really need to try to build up even just one of the Quatermaine/Scorpio/Jones/Spencer/Webber families again. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

IMO, Ethan shouldn't have been either a Spencer or a Scorpio. I've never been a big fan of Holly, but Ethan's conception did so much damage to her relationship with both Luke and Robert. To Luke and Laura as well and there was no need for any of that. 

I don't think either of these families needed another kid. But they do need to stop killing off the ones on canvas and start giving them decent story lines. As it were, Georgie is dead, Lucky is written to be a deadbeat father and Lulu is stuck in a crappy story. Robin and Maxie are currently off-screen. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2017 at 3:08 AM, Vera said:

IMO, Ethan shouldn't have been either a Spencer or a Scorpio. I've never been a big fan of Holly, but Ethan's conception did so much damage to her relationship with both Luke and Robert.

Yes, and all of that damage was due to making Luke his father. Otherwise he would have fit timeline-wise with Holly and Robert and her  coma. Her con artist family stealing the baby and selling him before she came out of the comma would also explain why Holly didn't raise him. The story didn't actually have to damage anyone. Ethan as Robert's son was always the better story and I actually believe that was the story Guza intended to tell. He shouldn't have caved to Geary.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yes, and all of that damage was due to making Luke his father. Otherwise he would have fit timeline-wise with Emma and Robert and her  coma. It would also explain why Emma didn't raise him. The story didn't actually have to damage anyone. Ethan as Robert's son was always the better story and I actually believe that was the story Guza intended to tell. He shouldn't have caved to Geary.

You put Emma instead of Holly! I know you accidentally used Emma Samms' name instead, but at first I thought, "How would Robin's daughter been able to raise Ethan?" :) 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aw, BH is there!

I kind of see Nancy Kerrigan in her smile there. I don't think I've ever noticed that before. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aw, BH is there!

I thought I saw Minae Noji (Kelly Lee) and Kent Masters King (Lainey Winters) together in a pic, too. I'm positive it is Minae, less so on the other being Kent.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

JT and Fin were also there. 

Yes! I was coming to post that. There was a picture of a smiling JT holding his adorable son. (Poor kid with a name like Bowie Banjo, but still cute!) They were next to who I think is someone who works for hair/makeup at GH. Becky Herbst was also there.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, UYI said:

I kind of see Nancy Kerrigan in [BH's] smile there. I don't think I've ever noticed that before. 

Wow, she really does look like a dead ringer for Nancy Kerrigan in that pic.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, In2You said:

Natalia Livingston cut her hair and it looks bad!

C9ZJ2VYW0AIOVNJ.jpg

It's short, but I kind of like it. No way in hell I could pull that off, but she actually looks okay. Pixie-ish, but okay.

LMAO, Jamey is DONE.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I...don't agree? I'm a little iffy on the bangs - I think it's the ombre - but overall, I think she's making it work.

It's looks severe and makes her look matronly.

• Love 2