Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

These writers will probably make him part of Jake's coloring book adventure as well.  "I was just trying to save our daughter, Carly!".   I don't know how, but I'm sure they'll blame whatever they can on the closest scapegoat.  I don't get how Sonny fans can not like Jax.  How can anyone not like Jax?  He's a nice guy.  

They did shit like that plenty of times with Jax and Jerry in the Guza years. I have no doubt they can do it again here and I will be surprised if he is not the twist in the tale.

He's not going to murder AJ in cold blood, fuck his son's girlfriend on AJ's grave and whine incessantly about how AJ/Ava/bipolar made him do it - so, Jax could basically drown a sack of puppies in virgin's blood and I'd still be Team Jax 

• Love 12

I'll be we'll find out evil corporate businessman Jax was involved in the Mr. Berlin shit and thus helped to hasten Dr. Michael Easton's wife's death and Carly will bellow at him for ruining the life of her friend of five minutes.

• Love 4
(edited)

So apparently the show's being preempted tomorrow for Muhammad Ali funeral coverage.  And is this announcement on GH's official Twitter feed or something like that?  NO, it's on Nathan Varni's fucking Facebook page:

CkjPsF3WgAACHq6.jpg:small

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So apparently the show's being preempted tomorrow for Muhammad Ali funeral coverage.  And is this announcement on GH's official Twitter feed or something like that?  NO, it's on Nathan Varni's fucking Facebook page:

That's crazy that he didn't announce it on both. I get why'd prefer facebook -- it's a more friendly for him. The audience skews older and allows for less anonymity of people interacting with him.

But these types of announcements should be made to reach the greatest number of viewers, and there's absolutely no good excuse for not posting it on both sites.

• Love 5

I'm sure  GH ambassador  Maurice  Bernard and Frank's other intern  will do it, besides I'm  positive that Varni controls a few sock puppet twitter accounts that are pro GH.  There was a lot of criticism of GH on twitter, but recently - since BH's contract negotiations came to light because of Varni- a sock puppet account has been all over twitter kissing GH, Frank, Mo, LW, etc collective asses.  The only posts the account makes are to praise GH and certain actors/stories and insult other soaps.  It's really a thing I've only seen wrestling and reality shows do. Interesting.   

• Love 1

The main draw for Rademacher is that feeling of going home again. “I know GH, and I don’t have to stress out about it. I also love my character. Jax is the white knight and the good guy.”

See, but no. I get that Jax is anti-Sonny and therefore theoretically on the side of the angels, but Jax is not a good guy. I don't think he's killed anyone, but he's helped Jerry escape numerous times, he stole Spencer from Nik, he tried to frame Sonny for murdering Claudia, he left insecure hot mess Skye on their wedding night to sit at Brenda's bedside, he left Brenda at the altar once and broke off their engagement another time because he found out she had spoken to Sonny but never mind the part about how both times he got engaged to her he was still married to other women, he hired Liz to be a surrogate mother but when she reconsidered after his and Courtney's divorce he tried to have Cam taken away from her, and then there was whatever that gross sex bet with Courtney was all about. This is just the stuff I remember. I know there were at least a couple of ELQ takeover attempts and at least once he tried to bribe a judge for something or other, but Jax's main crime is that he's boring as fuck so I only remember his most dickish misdeeds.

In any other soap, he'd be considered a villain. I would probably like Jax if he owned his bullshit, but the whole, "I'm the good guy white knight" is maddening.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

These writers will probably make him part of Jake's coloring book adventure as well.  "I was just trying to save our daughter, Carly!".   I don't know how, but I'm sure they'll blame whatever they can on the closest scapegoat.  I don't get how Sonny fans can not like Jax.  How can anyone not like Jax?  He's a nice guy.  

Those fans on the losing end of the Skye/Jax/Brenda triangle of 2002-2003 might have had a bone to pick with him at one point.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

See, but no. I get that Jax is anti-Sonny and therefore theoretically on the side of the angels, but Jax is not a good guy. I don't think he's killed anyone, but he's helped Jerry escape numerous times, he stole Spencer from Nik, he tried to frame Sonny for murdering Claudia, he left insecure hot mess Skye on their wedding night to sit at Brenda's bedside, he left Brenda at the altar once and broke off their engagement another time because he found out she had spoken to Sonny but never mind the part about how both times he got engaged to her he was still married to other women, he hired Liz to be a surrogate mother but when she reconsidered after his and Courtney's divorce he tried to have Cam taken away from her, and then there was whatever that gross sex bet with Courtney was all about. This is just the stuff I remember. I know there were at least a couple of ELQ takeover attempts and at least once he tried to bribe a judge for something or other, but Jax's main crime is that he's boring as fuck so I only remember his most dickish misdeeds.

In any other soap, he'd be considered a villain. I would probably like Jax if he owned his bullshit, but the whole, "I'm the good guy white knight" is maddening.

Yeah...but he never hung a man on a meat hook to steal his child while exploiting said man's alcoholism to do so and then calling the man weak for having the disease of alcoholism all while exploiting his own disease of bipolar disorder and not taking care of it and using it as a get out of everything free card.  And then when said man finally acknowledges his own demons and makes up with his family and forges a relationship with his stolen son, he never shot the man in cold blood and left him like a piece of garbage , sat with the grieving son like nothing happened,  had sex on the man's grave, and still acted like he did nothing but save the kid.  Oh, and bang his other son's girlfriend.   To date Jax has also never shot Joss in the chest either and probably knows where the towels in his home are.  He has also never threatened to kill Carly, his baby mama.  So, yeah, he's a prince of a guy over the vast majority of what GH considers men.  He's not a rapist, murderer, nor mobster.  Yet.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Yeah...but he never hung a man on a meat hook to steal his child while exploiting said man's alcoholism to do so and then calling the man weak for having the disease of alcoholism all while exploiting his own disease of bipolar disorder and not taking care of it and using it as a get out of everything free card.  And then when said man finally acknowledges his own demons and makes up with his family and forges a relationship with his stolen son, he never shot the man in cold blood and left him like a piece of garbage , sat with the grieving son like nothing happened,  had sex on the man's grave, and still acted like he did nothing but save the kid.  Oh, and bang his other son's girlfriend.   To date Jax has also never shot Joss in the chest either and probably knows where the towels in his home are.  He has also never threatened to kill Carly, his baby mama.  So, yeah, he's a prince of a guy over the vast majority of what GH considers men.  He's not a rapist, murderer, nor mobster.  Yet.

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'm sure  GH ambassador  Maurice  Bernard and Frank's other intern  will do it, besides I'm  positive that Varni controls a few sock puppet twitter accounts that are pro GH.  There was a lot of criticism of GH on twitter, but recently - since BH's contract negotiations came to light because of Varni- a sock puppet account has been all over twitter kissing GH, Frank, Mo, LW, etc collective asses.  The only posts the account makes are to praise GH and certain actors/stories and insult other soaps.  It's really a thing I've only seen wrestling and reality shows do. Interesting.   

Ha -- I had no idea it was called "sock puppeting" but it's prevalent everywhere now. In consumer goods (from snack food and soda to beauty supplies to amusement parks to cars to ... you name it), politics, and entertainment (movies, music, etc.).

I won't be surprised to find college majors for "social media marketing" soon.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Francie said:

Ha -- I had no idea it was called "sock puppeting" but it's prevalent everywhere now. In consumer goods (from snack food and soda to beauty supplies to amusement parks to cars to ... you name it), politics, and entertainment (movies, music, etc.).

I won't be surprised to find college majors for "social media marketing" soon.

I've seen those too.  I've just never really thought a big three show would do it,  but eh.  Degrassi tried accounts for their characters,  but not sock puppet accounts.  I learned about it from reddit of all places.  Once you see one, they're easy to spot.   

17 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Yeah...but he never hung a man on a meat hook to steal his child while exploiting said man's alcoholism to do so and then calling the man weak for having the disease of alcoholism all while exploiting his own disease of bipolar disorder and not taking care of it and using it as a get out of everything free card.  And then when said man finally acknowledges his own demons and makes up with his family and forges a relationship with his stolen son, he never shot the man in cold blood and left him like a piece of garbage , sat with the grieving son like nothing happened,  had sex on the man's grave, and still acted like he did nothing but save the kid.  Oh, and bang his other son's girlfriend.   To date Jax has also never shot Joss in the chest either and probably knows where the towels in his home are.  He has also never threatened to kill Carly, his baby mama.

I'm not arguing that Sonny is a good person. I'm just saying that Jax has done a lot of heinous things in his own right.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

“Nobody’s told me anything! I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

(sigh) losing to Sonny of course...AGAIN.

At least he knows his character's name or who his character is supposed to be- said Billy Miller and Roger Howarth.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ingo-rademacher-reveals-why-he-s-returning-to-general-hospital-104768/photos/gh-ingo-rademacher-jax-07-161970

The main draw for Rademacher is that feeling of going home again. “I know GH, and I don’t have to stress out about it. I also love my character. Jax is the white knight and the good guy.”

oh, man.

guess his waterlocked brain forgot he tried to steal a child. Spencer *john * comes to mind. Someone needs to tell him the mobster midget is now the white knight ,good guy hero.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

he stole Spencer from Nik

Considering the little hellspawn Spencer has become, he was probably better off with Jax. (Just no Carly as a package deal.)

• Love 11
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

you ment coma didn't you. he should be in one for the fans.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

You need to give TIIC of GH time. They will get to it. Anna was a good guy ,Dante was an honest undercover cop. Then from what I read, was ion the barge after he left skye for Brenda. He married Carly and allowed himself to be talked into keeping Nicks child . Nick who also use to be a good guy.G.H now has no good guys, just different levels of evil. murderers , mobsters ,killers, liars, etc etc etc. Oh forgot kidnappers. especially of others children.EVEN THE COPS ARE DIRTY, so they can excuse the mobsters

Edited by testardo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, testardo said:

G.H now has no good guys, just different levels of evil. murderers , mobsters ,killers, liars, etc etc etc. Oh forgot kidnappers. especially of others children.

Yea really.

But I think you can still be a good guy and do bad things so for me it's still OK to think of Jax as a good guy. 

Really probably the only characters too far gone to be considered good guys are like Sonny, Jason, Franco, Ava, Julian, Nik, and Nina. And unfortunately they're trying to sell most of them as good guys, which is the problem.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

All the other soaps aired and I don't think my ABC aired the funeral.

I think airing the funeral was a decision left up to individual affiliates.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I am sort of wondering what is going on behind the scenes between Nancy Lee Grahn and William deVry after his SOD interview which she immediately replied with a tweet. 

I feel like those two are having a tiff or something. 

She may think the writing's on the wall and Julian may not be long for this world or something. 

On a real life note, I wish someone at GH would see what's happened today and maybe reconsider all this messed up mob and guns crap. It really is way past its usefulness. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

She may think the writing's on the wall and Julian may not be long for this world or something. 

On a real life note, I wish someone at GH would see what's happened today and maybe reconsider all this messed up mob and guns crap. It really is way past its usefulness. 

Exactly.  Now more than ever a lead should not be a gun toting mobster who screams betrayal and vows revenge and vengeance at every turn.  A deranged man travelled specifically to shoot Christina Grimmie and murder her Friday night.  Saturday night, a man with a history of domestic violence and mental health issues with ties to ISIS- a dangerous underground organization- travelled to shoot and kill over 50 people at a club in Orlando.   Now is not the time for ABC to promote Sonny Corinthos, mob criminal, as a lead.   It's disgusting and insensitive.  I dgaf about Maurice or his cult like fans.  I think this is definitely something that needs to be brought to ABC's attention.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Is the mob even really a "thing" in entertainment nowadays? Like most subjects, it's cyclical. In the 1970s, the huge success of The Godfather led to a series of imitators (and, of course, a brilliant sequel), and then the organized-crime theme receded a bit, although the 1980s still had Scarface, Once Upon A Time In America, The Untouchables. Sonny Corinthos debuted in the 1990s, the decade of Goodfellas, Godfather III, Heat, Donnie Brasco, and later The Sopranos on television. I could understand why GH would put a lot of eggs in that basket from 1993 to about ten or twelve years after. But now, still? Hasn't the rest of the pop-culture world moved on by about a decade?

I mean...you could argue that soaps in general are a medium that the world has left behind, but this isn't helping.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8

Holy freaking salty chocolate balls!   Mo is a deluded dick.  Go to his twitter.   Meow.  He did a fan Q&A.  A fan asked why doesn't Sonny pay for his crimes.  He answered in the most deluded and rude way,basically saying it's okay that Sonny killed AJ.  The rest of the answers clearly led to show why and how he wants Sonny portrayed.  He also bullied the fan, along with tons of his fans.  So, I did what any member of this forum would do.  Asked several intelligent questions.  Let's see if he answers or if I, too get death threats.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, UYI said:

Well, damn Vanessa. I mean, if she really was sick, I feel awful that I said anything about her cheeks, but still.

Lyme's is trendy. And her cheeks did look astonishingly bad. Joker from Batman bad. Not usually a symptom of Lyme's but whatevs. 

Holy crap!  So Mo deleted a lot of tweets.   Including one sending support  to the victims of the Orlando shooting this weekend.  He deleted his entire Q&A.  I knew I should have  gotten screen shots.   Anyway, the tweet he sent out in response to the fan asking why Sonny never pays for their crimes was "Sonny lost his wife and child, his son got shot n was in a coma n went to prison and he went to prison but that's probably not enough for you".  Fans were bullying the fan who asked after that, refering to how AJ deserved to get shot and killed.  In light of the recent shootings, I had enough.  I plainly stated basically that his tweet stated that while I realized this is a tv show, he seemed to be condoning murder.   Also, his character went to prison for 3 mos.  Then I listed all of Sonny's crimes against women, especially Karen Wexler and the bullet of love.  I then asked if he condoned his fans bullying others online as well.  He responded by deleting everything.   

But I thought, as he states on his timeline to another fan he bullied, that he could handle the clapback?  

• Love 7

RME, can we at least not act like they're the first soap couple to be "screwed"? This is just nothing new to me, regardless of if we may believe something is going on behind the scenes. Because that's happened a million times before, too.

I'm hoping she'll reveal some behind the scenes stuff even though I'm sure she won't. Yeah, this type of stuff has happened before, but still, Julian reverted back to Bad Mobster rather abruptly. Alexis and Julian seemed to be the only couple getting any kind of promotion so it's strange that they're being dismantled like a month after getting married. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm hoping she'll reveal some behind the scenes stuff even though I'm sure she won't. Yeah, this type of stuff has happened before, but still, Julian reverted back to Bad Mobster rather abruptly. Alexis and Julian seemed to be the only couple getting any kind of promotion so it's strange that they're being dismantled like a month after getting married. 

I agree. But I also thinking turning Julian into a romantic lead was quick and unrealistic.

• Love 4

@Chairperson Meow, did you also mention a lot of those tragedies in his adulthood, like Michael being shot in the head,  were largely brought on by Sonny and his actions? Also considering the national outrage that the Sanford rape case that only had six months for sexual assault (when the sentence is usually six years for digital penetration)...and no one died in that case,  acting a bit tone deaf about people being pissed that he only spent 3 months for 1st degree murder. I am a staunch second amendment supporter, even for ex cons, but I constantly beat the drum that Sonny needs to have his right to a gun taken away not only because he not only was convicted for killing some with a gun, he has proven time and again he cannot use it responsibly.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

@Chairperson Meow, did you also mention a lot of those tragedies in his adulthood, like Michael being shot in the head,  were largely brought on by Sonny and his actions? Also considering the national outrage that the Sanford rape case that only had six months for sexual assault (when the sentence is usually six years for digital penetration)...and no one died in that case,  acting a bit tone deaf about people being pissed that he only spent 3 months for 1st degree murder. I am a staunch second amendment supporter, even for ex cons, but I constantly beat the drum that Sonny needs to have his right to a gun taken away not only because he not only was convicted for killing some with a gun, he has proven time and again he cannot use it responsibly.   

Yes I did.  I'm still getting some ahem lovely messages demanding that I shut my twitter down and that I am a hater.  Most are from a user ironically called something like Mo can handle the clapback.  But it's all one word and misspelled.  I've gotten five rape threats and countless death threats.  Mo's fans want me shot.  Classy bunch.

• Love 4

After hearing stories about the old No Ordinary Love crowd (S&C fans during the Tamara Braun era), and how Mo and his wife Paula egged them on, I can't be too surprised by any of that behavior, except maybe that there's still enough of those kind of fans, even now, to even complain that much about Sonny hate. 

• Love 6