Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

It's easy to acknowledge now that the story has dragged on way too long. Why did they let it get to this in the first place? Inexcusable.

I think for whatever reason they wanted it to be the big november sweeps story.It def dragged out too long.

So Nathan Varni is really going all out to promote the show and cheerlead for his new writing team:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/11/12/nathan-varni-talks-jason-reveal-on-gh

Not sure this constitutes 'in depth' but whatever...

Me: (doing a bad Chandler Bing impersonation): Could Jamey Giddens BE any more bitter that Nathan Varni won't talk to his site?

And "nice" to know the hospital and hospital stories are something they want to get around to eventually. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Me: (doing a bad Chandler Bing impersonation): Could Jamey Giddens BE any more bitter that Nathan Varni won't talk to his site?

And "nice" to know the hospital and hospital stories are something they want to get around to eventually. #eyeroll

I thought DC was Jamey's site?

• Love 1

Yeah, but the DC article was just reprinting quotes Nathan Varni gave to another web site.

Speaking of acting a fool on Twitter, how tone deaf is Frank Valentini?  His account is tweeting pictures of GH families.  Under "Corinthos", that super creepy shot of MB and CD like working out shirtless or whatever.  Under "Quartermaines", a picture of Edward's Painting, because the show a) has no Quartermaines and b) doesn't care about the Quartermaines (i.e. Michael appearing under the "Corinthos" caption).

I am so sick and tired of the show's producers, writers, etc. giving these pointless, "We love the Quartermaines, they're a core family, we want to do more with them, we love the hospital, we want to do more hospital stories" quotes.  It'll all horseshit.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Yeah, but the DC article was just reprinting quotes Nathan Varni gave to another web site.

Speaking of acting a fool on Twitter, how tone deaf is Frank Valentini?  His account is tweeting pictures of GH families.  Under "Corinthos", that super creepy shot of MB and CD like working out shirtless or whatever.  Under "Quartermaines", a picture of Edward's Painting, because the show a) has no Quartermaines and b) doesn't care about the Quartermaines (i.e. Michael appearing under the "Corinthos" caption).

I am so sick and tired of the show's producers, writers, etc. giving these pointless, "We love the Quartermaines, they're a core family, we want to do more with them, we love the hospital, we want to do more hospital stories" quotes.  It'll all horseshit.

THey need to stop pretending they give an shhit about the Q's.Its obvious they only care about the corthinthos.

• Love 3

While I'm on a tear, Varni's comment about the show needing to beef up on doctors at GH?  Lucas is standing right there.  He's a doctor, he's connected to everybody, he's played by a good actor, and he should the central character of the hospital canvas.  But sadly, we know exactly why he's not.

• Love 10

Nathan Varni really shouldn't be giving these interviews at all (let alone have his disastrous social media presence) but it's difficult to root for anyone in this tiff. DC has its own massive issues, and Varni is a glorified intern on a power trip. His one circulated picture is a fey-looking dude cuddling a dog!

• Love 3

Sorry but the GH train has already skidded off the tracks and is headed for the cliffs.

It's amazing how they are hearing great things yet the spoilers are all unbelievably boring to me.

Feeding MB's ego = Great Things as far as he is concerned.

• Love 4

so I finally decided to google Nathan Varni to figure out what his position is at ABC:

Manager, Current Series, Scripted

ABC Television

July 2013 – Present (2 years 5 months)

The Middle, Once Upon A Time and General Hospital

Before that, he was a coordinator.

He's a damn MANAGER? At ABC that really is kind of two steps above intern. So how the hell does he wield so much power? Or does he only think he does? He's not an executive. Hell, he isn't even a VP.

• Love 1

KMc's live tweeting has been hilarious. I just gotta ignore her thoughts on Scrubs 'cause I know she loves them.

I...still do, too. Even as I have tried not to. Oh, well! Glad Kimberly has a sense of humor about this dreck.

• Love 3

I...still do, too. Even as I have tried not to. Oh, well! Glad Kimberly has a sense of humor about this dreck.

She always has. Had a sense of humor about this dreck, that is. I remember when she left in 2012, when Robin's "death" was happening, she tweeted "Kill me now. Oh wait, they did." or something like that.

• Love 2

Girl, it's all good. I used to love Scrubs. And if the writers cared, maybe they could fix them.

Like you said, it's all good.  :-)  But I think we both know these writers only destroy, never fix. So this will be a crappy exit, but if both leave free and alive, I'll take what I can get. 

• Love 1

Like you said, it's all good. :-) But I think we both know these writers only destroy, never fix. So this will be a crappy exit, but if both leave free and alive, I'll take what I can get.

They will. And they'll be together. You'll get that. I'd bet on it.*

*Im a really horrific gambler, so don't take me that seriously. :P

• Love 1

He doesn't yield any power. He just tweets what is going on.

He's a page that runs notes back and forth between showrunners and the executive in charge of production. Most industries use email; network television uses folks like Varni. And he hasn't had shit to do with "The Middle" in years after the two creators told him to butt the fuck out. And Once is highly micro-managed by some department at Disney, so he pretty much only works with GH. Edited by Tiger

This made me laugh:

Laquon Retweeted Kimberly McCullough

But the kiss is #JaSamMakingOut

Laquon added,
Kimberly McCullough @whitewatercrew
Jason and Sam are making out in Patrick's house? what the heck??? #askgh #thisiswrong
14 retweets 22 likes
Kimberly McCullough ‏@whitewatercrew 6h6 hours ago

@SonnyBgirlFouch well, I think they practice in real life.
  • Love 5

I love Kim and because of her and poor Jason Thompson, I'm a ride or die Scrubs fan to the end.

Have I enjoyed the past almost four years? No. I've hated them, aside from right after Robin's funeral.

But I don't blame Patrick for any of this, because this simply is not the Patrick I've come to know and love.

And Lizzie needs to be dragged like there's no tomorrow by everyone in sight once her lies and manipulations come out.

• Love 6

I love Kim and because of her and poor Jason Thompson, I'm a ride or die Scrubs fan to the end.

Have I enjoyed the past almost four years? No. I've hated them, aside from right after Robin's funeral.

But I don't blame Patrick for any of this, because this simply is not the Patrick I've come to know and love.

And Lizzie needs to be dragged like there's no tomorrow by everyone in sight once her lies and manipulations come out.

Are you me? Or maybe I'm you? (Now I have the first line of "I Am The Walrus" stuck in my head:)

I am he as you are he, as you are me

And we are all together

• Love 3

TYLER: Kimberly was part of the crew when I first came on the show. We had a great story way back when, where my character had a stroke, and had to relearn how to speak. Those are the kinds of stories I really want to get back to, where it’s not just some insane outside influence trying to break-up a friendship, or a relationship. It was simply about two friends looking to help one another get through a very difficult time. It was great for me as an actor, and probably great for as well. Robin is a legacy character who can come back, and then we do get to have scenes together, it’s wonderful. Those types of characters are so important to the canvas of this show. I don’t know if Kimberly will creep into Rebecca and my story, or not. I sure hope so. Kimberly and I have remained friends, even for years after she left GH. I am so excited to have her back.

aw. And also, agreed, Tyler.

• Love 14

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-tyler-christopher-rebecca-budig-interview-from-nikolas-haydens-twisted-romance-the-jason-reveal-to-their-co-stars/2015/11/13/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

a bit ramble-y there, Tyler:

Tyler, you have worked with Steve Burton (now Dylan, Y&R) as Jason, and now Billy Miller.  How has it been to work with Billy, and his compelling interpretation of the character?

Courtesy/ABC
TYLER:  It’s a completely different energy than Steve Burton.  I hate to compare the two, but I have to.  They are the only two people to play the character of Jason, and Steve played it for over two decades.  Billy has a more aggressive approach, which is an adjustment.  I am not saying if that is a good, or a bad thing.  Steve had a more subdued approach to this Jason Bourne type identity story that was going on for a long time.  It’s nice to have contrast: Billy is a great actor.  He has won Emmys, and Steve has won an Emmy.  You have to respect what each of them gave the character, especially Billy, no matter how long Steve has played the character.  Steve was great.  He made Jason who he is.  When Steve first played Jason he was wearing reindeer sweaters at Quartermaine Christmas parties.  Back then, he was a back-burnered character, and no one cared about him.  Steve was itching and chomping at the bit to do something of substance.  Then they gave Jason the memory loss, and the character was born. We then saw what a great actor Steve was.  So, he planted the seed, and now Billy is doing it his way.  We all have to adjust to the way Billy is doing it, and respect what Billy has accomplished as an actor, as well.

also lol at Budig basically saying she is smarter than CamMat. (He is actually a very smart guy, was an engineering student at McGill and got top grades . . . just not a good actor.)

Is this a spoiler?

Do the two of you want the secret to come tumbling out about Jason, so everyone knows about all of it once and for all, and so we can get to another part of the story, or something else?

TYLER:  Yes, it is out.  We either move on, or dwell on it.  I certainly hope all the characters state their positions and deal with it, and deal with the consequences, and move on.  I think it’s time.

Or is he just referring to the actual Jake is Jason secret?  Not the Nikolas and Liz knew secret?  God, I hope it's ALL of it.  It needs to END.

• Love 1

Because that will be just the thing to have Liz fans watching in droves! Except no, that other thing. The opposite of watching.

I don't think any other soap has gone out of it's way like GH has to mistreat key legacy characters. Chain the daughter of Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane to a wall. Turn the granddaughter of Steve Hardy into a lying psycho and town pariah. Turn the son of Alan and Monica Quartermaine into a murdering thug. Murder the other son and have his killer not only walk free, but be the town hero as well!

And they wonder why they are dead last in the ratings.

• Love 7

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-tyler-christopher-rebecca-budig-interview-from-nikolas-haydens-twisted-romance-the-jason-reveal-to-their-co-stars/2015/11/13/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Everything they say about this 'romance' makes it seem a little more repellent. A "long leash", really? 

also lol at Budig basically saying she is smarter than CamMat. (He is actually a very smart guy, was an engineering student at McGill and got top grades . . . just not a good actor.)

Aw CamMat. I saw him in a Hallmark movie recently. I'd forgotten how likeable and charming he can be when he's not "that monster"

Edited by Oracle42

I'm so sick of hearing actors say well it worked for luke and laura.They had better writers EPS and was an differnt time.

I'm so sick of hearing actors say well it worked for luke and laura.They had better writers EPS and was an differnt time.

• Love 6

Also, I think it shows that Tyler is enjoying working with an actress around his age, instead of one 10-15 younger than he is. Don't know why they skewed younger than him in the last couple of years so much.

• Love 2

Now I don't want to come off as a bitchy or bitter Liz fan, but the very same can be said about her.  That the current iteration of Liz in this Jason storyline is not the Liz I've always known and loved.  Even though there were times I didn't like what she did.  Yet, with Patrick's current behavior, it's waved off as out of character, etc., when except for a short time, he has always had a wandering eye, has always been douchey, a cheater and self-centered asshole. One who at least, Robin didn't treat as the God he thought of himself as.  Yet, I see "this is really out of character for Patrick so I can't really be mad at him" and Liz gets all these wishes of getting pulverized, driven out of town, etc.  

The double standard it's mind-boggling. And just goes to prove my earlier point, that because it's Liz, all's fair, right? Because no one else has ever done anything like this or worse.

Hmm...and maybe this should have gone in the Unpopular Thread? If so, can a mod move it over? Thanks.

• Love 11

Now I don't want to come off as a bitchy or bitter Liz fan, but the very same can be said about her.  That the current iteration of Liz in this Jason storyline is not the Liz I've always known and loved.  Even though there were times I didn't like what she did.  Yet, with Patrick's current behavior, it's waved off as out of character, etc., when except for a short time, he has always had a wandering eye, has always been douchey, a cheater and self-centered asshole. One who at least, Robin didn't treat as the God he thought of himself as.  Yet, I see "this is really out of character for Patrick so I can't really be mad at him" and Liz gets all these wishes of getting pulverized, driven out of town, etc.  

The double standard it's mind-boggling. And just goes to prove my earlier point, that because it's Liz, all's fair, right? Because no one else has ever done anything like this or worse.

I agree with you about the double standard, but I think the strongest instance of it is between Elizabeth and Nikolas. Laura was telling Nikolas to dissuade Liz from going through with the wedding, which was stupid because he's the one who encouraged it to begin with! Nikolas could have come forward with the truth anytime in the last 10 months or so. He hasn't - for selfish reasons. Liz also faced a lot more wrath/consequences after the affair than Nikolas did.

Patrick's current behavior is consistent with his past before he was Robin's "great love" in that he's always thought of himself as the hot shot doctor, who women should want in their beds, fawn over, flirt with. His cheating on and put downs of Robin were at times when his ego/self-esteem got hurt because felt like she wasn't making him #1,  when she was in a superior position at the hospital, etc. So he absolutely believes he is the better man (and obvious choice) for Sam. Is he a better man than guys like Sonny, SBu's Jason Morgan, Paul, Nikolas, and Julian? Sure, but that's not saying much.  I think sometimes Patrick just gets credit because JT has great father-daughter chemistry with the little actress Brooke (I believe Patrick loves his daughter more than life in one-on-one scenes) and because he used to have great friendship scenes with Elizabeth (Shadybrooke, post-Niz affair scene comes to mind).  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

I have two thoughts on this:

1.)  Oh, looky, the focus moves off Sonny Corinthos and immediately the ratings bounce up!  There's a lesson here for TIIC, but they've ignored it the last dozen times it happened so I doubt they'll learn anything now

On the other hand...

2.)  Look what the big story was that got all those extra eyeballs - Jizam Hell.  I have a feeling this triangle isn't going away anytime soon.

Aw CamMat. I saw him in a Hallmark movie recently. If forgotten how likeable and charming he can be when he's not "that monster"

Everything I've seen him do, aside from playing Ryan Lavery, I've really liked him, including this one episode stint he did on What I Like About You, where he played a guy who had a collection of stuffed animals to represent every girl he's slept with.  The power of the suck of Ryan Lavery just dragged all Cam's natural charm right out of him.  

I remain grossed out by them trying to make Nik/Hayden OK.  It's not, show.  It's not. 

• Love 1

I remain grossed out by them trying to make Nik/Hayden OK.  It's not, show.  It's not. 

Yup, the show's push to make them out as some passionate, forbidden romance doesn't work for me because before anything bloomed between them, he) tried to have her killed and b) laughed about what a whore she was.  Guh-ross.  

That they try to use the "...but...Luke and Laura!" defense is ridiculous, but the fact that they know they need a defense?  Maybe it's time to rethink.

ETA...also, Tyler thinks Nikolas and Jason are "Batman vs. the Joker?"  WHAT?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Hmm...and maybe this should have gone in the Unpopular Thread? If so, can a mod move it over? Thanks.

Liz lies. It's been a joke for over a decade now. She's lied about the paternity of each one of her children and then lied about the maternity of Sam's child. She lied about sleeping with Jason and Nik and when in the midst of her lies she uses bitch face (but only with other women!) like it's going out of style and when confronted by men, her little face crumples with devastation until the next time. I think this story has been badly structured and badly paced but do I think this is absolutely beyond Elizabeth?  No. 

I don't think Patrick's shit is comparable - but Nik? I despise him just as much as Liz right now if it's any comfort. 

• Love 7

A loooot of people don't blame Patrick because they think his character is behaving in X way because Kim is not there. If Robin had been on-screen, I think some opinions would change on Patrick's, as well as Anna's, behavior.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I will think worse of both Sam and Patrick if they continue this engagement - because if Jason had remembered their life, Sam would've scooped up Danny and they all would've been back in the PH before Patrick got home from work

• Love 5

I will think worse of both Sam and Patrick if they continue this engagement - because if Jason had remembered their life, Sam would've scooped up Danny and they all would've been back in the PH before Patrick got home from work

Well, yeah, it'd be really easy 'cause she'd just need to pick up that box of bedroom stuff on the kitchen table.

• Love 3

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that Patrick wants to stay engaged to Sam and would be willing to do whatever to make that happen. I would have to side-eye Sam if she stays in the relationship, though. Both of them know Sam would always have it in the back of her mind the possibility of Jason remembering his Jason Morgan life one day. Why would Sam want to marry someone that clearly she'll never love as much as Jason? 

• Love 1