Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

My reaction: 

xc1sgk4sktahch3jbqye.gif

TPTB = the Cubs' pitching coach

Me = Derek Jeter

I agree with the sentiment, but as a Cubs fan and a Yankees hater, I have to this to say about your gif:

tumblr_mg3mzxKSfZ1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Out of love, of course. ;)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is from the live show so it's kinda old, but I don't remember seeing it before and it's really cute.

Chad & Teresa are almost as adorable together as S&M.

ETA: :cue Kristin Alderson throwing shade from the nearest airport bathroom:

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I don't know if this really counts as Backstage or not, so apologies if it doesn't.

Don't anybody tell Ron.

Looks like Blackie will be going back to jail! 

With the GH 18-49 demo rating tying its all-time low for 7 weeks straight, I'm getting deja vu about how many emmy nominations Susan Lucci had before finally winning in 1999.  Which streak will wind up being longer before breaking?

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm wondering exactly how low ratings have to get before circumstances change. Either through new leadership or cancellation, something has to give. The pets aren't bringing the ratings boon, the storylines are unimaginative and laborious, and the head writer is a petulant child.

Does anyone know what the ratings were for AMC & OLTL when they were cancelled? I'm too lazy to go look. :)

OLTL had a rating of 2.0 for 2010 and 2.1 for 2011 (the last year.) It had dropped one to two-tenths of a point each year the decade before it was cancelled (it was 3.4 in 2000.) 

AMC had a 2.0. and 1.9 its final two years. 

ETA: You can see ratings from as far back as 2009 (including demos) here: http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings/page/28

Pretty much all of the soaps that were cancelled 2010-2011 were hovering around 2.0; and, frankly, the demos for shows like ATWT and OLTL were higher in their last year or two than what GH is pulling in now.

Edited by kristabell

That wasn't Bryan Craig (Morgan) who said that. It was another actor on the web series that Bryan's on. BC is totally innocent on this one.

I just thought it was kind of hilarious that someone was dragging KA that badly, and then Chad jumps in to cry defamation. Heh.

• Love 1

That wasn't Bryan Craig (Morgan) who said that. It was another actor on the web series that Bryan's on. BC is totally innocent on this one.

I just thought it was kind of hilarious that someone was dragging KA that badly, and then Chad jumps in to cry defamation. Heh.

Ohhhh. Well, don't I feel stoopid! I'll just go and edit now and go back to watching Remington Steele/Outlander.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nothing wrong with either of those shows, GHSR!

Agree! I'm shocked at myself that I find myself so obsessed with Sam Heughan, and am going through my third rewatch of Outlander, including the last two episodes; and then there's Pierce Brosnan. And Laura, who totally rocks the Fedora. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
(edited)

Oh, okay! I was like, "Wait, did BC change his Twitter handle?" That wasn't a good thing to do, though. KA has always come across as very professional and nice to me, so while I think her quality of acting has gone down from when she was a kid, overall I don't think she deserves this, and I'm glad her old co-star Brittany Underwood (Langston on OLTL) came to her defense.

I didn't scroll down far enough for the stuff from Chad. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Dammit, Byron James, or whoever you are?  Why do you have to be such ass that I have to take KA's side on something??!!!

So, let's get this straight -- you say KA is unprofessional because she backed out of a gig when she found out you were working on it, and in response you call her a bitch and whine in public about it?  Good call, Kristen, good call there. Dodged. a. bullet.

In whatever airport bathroom you're turning into your private spa right now, know that there's someone out there who's beneath you in class.

• Love 7

And you have to wonder if she backed out because of him or she had a genuine conflict, and this guy is just enough of a self-important douche bag to think that everything is about him. 

I think the fact that BU has worked with both of them and didn't hesitate to call this guy out and defend KA probably tells the story.  (I know she and KA are good friends, but she could have just stayed out of it entirely instead of publicly calling the guy out for his shit.)  

• Love 4

I dont know if I should post this in the spoiler thread. But since we know JJ is coming back.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/15/first-look-jonathan-jacksons-return-general-hospital?hootPostID=b36398517cc632e200ad0a242d168a75

SMH at Liz having scenes with Lucky. I wanted to enjoy his return. 

You had to know it would happen. I just wonder why he's so happy to see her, when, if I recall correctly, they weren't on the best of terms? And I wonder how this will affect her and Jason's "relationship."

I like how at least a third of that footage is either old or way old.

That being said, Jonathan looks great. It irks me that this will clearly be their 'deft' way of moving along Liz's 'larger story' of degradation and horrible choices - she's doing it all because she can't have Lucky! Tune in again in 2017, when this might have an actual point! This is just us laying the seed! In the meantime, enjoy another year-plus of Liz doing terrible and/or pointless shit!

• Love 9

Most of that is a promo from last year with JJ and NP slipped in. And that shot of Morgan jumping in the lake is from summer 2013. Either the promo people are lazy bastards or FV is that paranoid about spoilers.

• Love 6
Tune in again in 2017, when this might have an actual point! This is just us laying the seed! In the meantime, enjoy another year-plus of Liz doing terrible and/or pointless shit!

Meanwhile, Jake will still be wondering why the Qs look vaguely familiar and he's having sex dreams about Sam. But whatevs, it's just one of those weird things.

• Love 7
(edited)

Most of that is a promo from last year with JJ and NP slipped in. And that shot of Morgan jumping in the lake is from summer 2013.

I think they're just that lazy and think we're that fucking stupid. I couldn't believe the shots of Morgan or the months-old stuff. I think there may have been a couple other clips dating back to 2013.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Most of that is a promo from last year with JJ and NP slipped in. And that shot of Morgan jumping in the lake is from summer 2013. Either the promo people are lazy bastards or FV is that paranoid about spoilers.

A little from column A, actually a lot from column A and a little from column B.

I mean how much aping from Franco and Nina could they put in to the promo?

• Love 1

I don't think there's ever going to be a point where the thought of Luke, Laura and JJ's Lucky onscreen together doesn't make me at least a little happy - no matter what story they have

• Love 13

Thank goodness I'm not on twitter. All that hashtag nonsense was giving me a headache. KA seems so nice so sucks for that guy to be such a douche. Looking at her pictures, she looks so much better than she did on GH. Crazy makeup artists.

what I found interesting (disturbing?) is that she didn't have a single 1:1 with JJ. And I loved her candidness about the male dominance in relationships on this show.

Unless JJ has done filming, I'm hoping that maybe it's in the cards for them to have a one on one that will be filmed later?

I know, I know, if wishes were horses...