Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: JoJo Steals the Show Show

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Abby invites an ALDC Pittsburgh veteran to dance with the team, but tempers flare when the girl's mother questions Jess' loyalty. Later, Kendall breaks down after Abby pulls her duet with Maddie; and Melissa debates taking Maddie off the team altogether.

(edited)

I do not want to hear any of these smug women talk about their sex lives.

I guess we are continuing with the Kendall is a brat storyline. I'd like to say it's editing, but I don't think Kendall is a good actress and I don't think she can fake all the tears and temper tantrums. I automatically hate myself for siding with Abby, but Kendall lost that duet/solo all by her lonesome. She sulked through rehearsal and the routine because she only wanted it with Maddie. She half assed it when given the opportunity to do a solo and then she screamed and threw a temper tantrum and stormed off. Maturity at its finest. I can only imagine the number of temper tantrums that kid must throw off camera if this is how she behaves when she knows everyone is watching.

Also for as much as Maddie/Kendall talk about this amazing duo partnership they have had for years, I can barely remember a Maddie/Kendall duet. Maddie/Chloe, for sure. I don't remember any good Maddie/Kendall duets. I think the only reason Kendall wants so badly to dance with Maddie is because Maddie lifts her up and she feels like a better dancer when she dances with Maddie.

Once again Melissa forgets Mack exits. She talks to Maddie basically about all their fabulous opportunities and she can't wait to leave and get away from the world of competition dance. Melissa, are you taking Mack with you when you flee ALDC or you just letting another mom babysit her while you go all Hollywood?

The group dance sucked.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1

These moms always talk about being a team player, but when it's their kid given an opportunity they snap it up in a second. Which is fine, they should just stop being hypocrites.

Kendall was being a pain and ran out of rehearsal, and JoJo stepped up when Abby asked her to. Good for her. I'm just sorry she didn't place, I thought she was good.

I will say as annoying as Kendall can be with her crying, I liked that she came back and told Abby she didn't like when she yells and to please stop. And when I was 13 I would have cried if someone yelled in my face like that.  Jill shouldn't have dragged her out of there after that though, it may have ended better if Kendall finished talking to Abby.

Weird that Abby kept talking about the duet not needing to be a duet, but didn't she choreograph it? So that's on her.

I just Googled "Michael Jackson baseball" and all I got was info on some baseball player also named Mike Jackson. I feel bad for anyone else with that name.

I hope Christy/Sarah were only back for this week. Sarah is sweet, but her mom is annoying as hell.

I really didn't need to hear about Abby's sex life.

Also for as much as Maddie/Kendall talk about this amazing duo partnership they have had for years, I can barely remember a Maddie/Kendall duet. Maddie/Chloe, for sure. I don't remember any good Maddie/Kendall duets. I think the only reason Kendall wants so badly to dance with Maddie is because Maddie lifts her up and she feels like a better dancer when she dances with Maddie.

I was going to say the same thing. Maddie and Kendall duets were never a thing the way Maddie/Chloe was, or the way Maddie/Chloe/Paige trios were.

• Love 2
(edited)

Michael Jackson's glitter glove was a tribute to his love of baseball??? So I guess that means he invented the "moonwalk" as an homage to his other passion...golf.

That group dance sucked. And if it was supposed to evoke Michael Jackson, why were they all wearing #42? That # makes me think of Jackie Robinson (someone who actually DID love baseball and did so much for the game).

Good gravy, why is that wildebeest Chisty back?

Kendall is definitely getting more bratty. Jill is once again saying and doing ridiculous things. Everybody knows if the situation were flipped, Jill would have jumped all over Kendall "earning" or "deserving" the solo. There is no way in hell Jill or Kendall would have told Abby, "Oh my goodness, NO! We couldn't ever take away the solo from JoJo!"

So how long it will be after Melissa leaves Dance Moms before she shows up on a D-list "celebrity" "reality" show? Has anyone started that pool yet? My bet is 2018, Melissa and Mack on VH1 "Family Therapy with Dr. Jen".

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 5

Is this turning into the Kendall and Jill show? Way too much screen time this season.

Kendall is an annoying rude little brat. Her melt downs and drama queen freak outs every week are getting tiresome. Kendall got offered the solo, and instead she chose to pout and throw a tantrum like a 5 year old. She did the solo half-assed because she was upset she didn't get to do it with Maddie. She needs to learn that she can't always get her way, and that she can't just throw a tantrum when she does. Tantrums should never be rewarded. 

And good for JoJo for taking the opportunity given her to grab that part for herself! The choreography was very cute on her. With her spunk and pizazz, it was the perfect dance for her. She's going to go far in the dance world because she really wants it! She's a very strong and determined little girl and I'm glad she stood up to the other girls AND the moms, and (unlike Kendall) did so in a respectful and mature way. 

Melissa really need to humble herself. Because if it wasn't for that team and this show. Maddie wouldn't be getting so many jobs. She  thinks she's top dog because of Maddie, but she's been a conniving arrogant witch since the beginning, ALWAYS lying and doing sneaky stuff. I've hated her since the beginning and will not miss her when she leaves.

The baseball group dance was terrible.

• Love 1

I've read Michael Jackson started wearing the glove to hide his skin condition which started on his hand. My husband, who is a singer, swears he wore the glove to protect himself from germs... everyone shakes their hand when meeting or congratulating them, possibly spreading germs. All the singers I know are germophobes and are constantly washing their hands. If they get sick, they can't sing.

Jill and Kendall, queens of YAGE, (as it is known on some forums) Yet Another Grand Exit. I get removing your child from certain situations to protect them, but what's the point, if you're only going to return without having changed or solved anything.

There really isn't much to like about Kendall. Not her dancing, not the way she conducts herself, not her mother. Jill and Kendall expect everyone to tippy-toe around her. Jill is making a huge parenting mistake... she wants to prepare the path for the child, rather than to prepare the child for the path. As Kendall's mother, she should show the same concern for her child, that she expects others to have for Kendall, and a good place to start would be by getting her off this show, clearly it's not good for Kendall's emotional well-being.

And honestly, I think their interest and concern about Maddie leaving the show is purely for selfish reasons. I think they're afraid without Maddie, the show won't continue much longer and it will be the end of the road for them.

A mother should be her child's biggest fan, but there is something seriously alarming about Melissa.

Sarah has grown a lot. Her mother, however, hasn't changed at all. Yuck.

• Love 2

These mothers are so delusional - every last one of them. I wonder if they ever watch the show after the fact and are ashamed of their stupidity?

Poor Kendall, I think Jill's work is complete. She has managed to completely transfer her victim mentality on to her daughter. Kendall can now go through life being downtrodden and able to annoy the crap out of everyone with her carping, whining and tantrum throwing with a little passive aggressiveness thrown in for good measure.

• Love 3

I agree with pretty much everything said... Jojo and Jess did nothing to Kendall. Jojo was more than happy to perform with Kendall, Jojo almost always takes opportunities as they are given without a single complaint (I think she's not always thrilled but generally does the best she can) Kendall threw a fit that Maddie wasn't her partner, Kendall ran out of the room. I can only think of one Maddie/Kendall duet, and it wasn't that good (bodies electric I think was the name). Abby asked Jojo to perform as a solo and she pulled it off, you cannot tell me had things been the other way around Jill would not have jumped all over that. Then Christy and all of her under the bus talking... I will say one thing she sure does watch the show and knows that Jill is kinda the gatekeeper of the moms club, if she can get in with Jill she's golden. If her head were any further up Jills ass her ...I can't think of a funny comparison, but damn.

I will say I do feel bad Kendall is getting a bad edit this season. I don't completely blame editing because if she weren't saying these things they wouldn't be shown, but I do feel for the fact that regardless of how bratty she is being she is still young and I know if I was judged by how I acted at 13 I would probably seem bratty too. Tbh I blame Jill, she is the one raising Kendall with this entitled attitude, she's the adult, she needs to act like it.

(edited)

As horrific as Kristi got, Chloe always kept her mouth shut and just danced and followed her teacher. Kendall, shame on you. You will never get hired- even if you get to be a better dancer- if you continue to feel entitled to things. Way to go, Jill. PSYCHO training! And Melissa going to comfort Kendall sounded bizarre and contrived.

I love JoJo, she is a trooper, and she went through her own hazing to become a member of the team. Keep aiming for the brass ring, little girl. JessaLynn, however, amuses me, because what happened to her stupid "team playing speech" when referring to Sarah? Ha! Face it, in the dance world, everyone is one step under the bus. JoJo's description of Kendall's behavior was priceless. Go get 'em, kid!

Jill saying Abby was unprofessional when HER daughter had a meltdown and ran out of the room, WOW. My head hurts... Kendall telling Abby not to yell at her, has she ever been in a real studio? Get used to it, diva. I hate all of them. Then Jill going to her highness Maddie, as if the kid could wave a wand and make the duo problem better, was so pathetic. Like Maddie even cares anymore. Brynn's mom is loving this conflict- I would too.

The idea of the moms being accused of taking ANYthing away (i.e. solos and opportunities), instead of it being about the dancers qualifying, makes me want to throw tomatoes. What was JoJo supposed to do? Say no to an opportunity that landed in her lap because her duo partner is unstable? That girl has taken a lot of crap, has never been above any role, and is a total ham. She would be great as a pro performer.

I loved Other!Christy coming in and stirring up the pot calling out all the hypocrisy. Sweet! How she knew about this season's conversations before the season even aired was awkward. Feed a lady of a bunch incomplete footage reels just to cause a problem much?

I'm starting to think this show would be better if the moms were banished from the studio and had to stand on the curb looking through the window, like on Bring It(!).

I love how Sara (Brynn's mom) has suddenly decided that her daughter doing a duet with a wannabe-on-the-team dancer is a LOT of pressure on a little kid. She had no problem watching Kendall fold under the pressure. 

Then when Brynn's mom pointed out that losing the group dance might be Sara's fault, I noticed Jill agreed with her. Suddenly it's ok to talk trash about a kid. So long as it isn't Kendall.

Did I mention that I hate all of them??

Although, I think Holly has been really tame for a couple of weeks. It's like she did a self check and realized she lost her way in all the cray for a bit. 

I will say I do feel bad Kendall is getting a bad edit this season. I don't completely blame editing because if she weren't saying these things they wouldn't be shown, but I do feel for the fact that regardless of how bratty she is being she is still young and I know if I was judged by how I acted at 13 I would probably seem bratty too. Tbh I blame Jill, she is the one raising Kendall with this entitled attitude, she's the adult, she needs to act like it.

I do agree with this. I used to praise the show for its careful editing of children being children - and not to shame them. Kendall is getting harder to edit out, though. I wonder if Jill signed some waiver to go full on reality with her kid.

Edited by Chewy101

I loved Other!Christy coming in and stirring up the pot calling out all the hypocrisy. Sweet! How she knew about this season's conversations before the season even aired was awkward. Feed a lady of a bunch incomplete footage reels just to cause a problem much? Actually - if you listen when Melissa walks in and greets Christi - Melissa thanks her for either the texts or the tweets. I'm sure someone in LA ( Melissa!) has kept the moms back home informed of everything as she always has to be Top Dog.

I loved the dances actually - but can't download the actual competition results to see if indeed they did so poorly but they didn't have an awful lot of competition - it looked like only 3 or 4 other schools were there in a small conference room.

I love how much Sara has matured - I always liked that little girl - but Abby saying at the end how it takes Sara weeks to pick up choreography - then why the heck ask them to come out - oh it's only for the show - I get it.

I also trying to google Abby and Magic Mike, Abby boytoy Vegas ect with no results - if anyone has news or pics - please post!

Yeah, I had a sudden burst of conscious about really going off on a 13 year old girl.  An age where typically most are brats.  However I'd like to think most know enough to temper it when cameras are on, but again, she's a child. 

So my ire is with Jill because I think she's doing her daughter a great disservice in terms of overall life and in terms of her career.  Life, obviously.  I think largely Kendall is mirroring Jill's own behavior, but I also think she likely throws temper tantrums because she knows that it generally gets her what she wants.  Maybe not with Abby, but with her mother.  So the more Jill makes excuses and gives in to whatever her daughter wants, the more she's just reinforcing Kendall's behavior as opposed to cutting it off at its knees. 

From a career standpoint, Jill is ensuring that nobody will ever want to work with either her or Kendall K post Dance Moms.  I don't really think Kendall's career was going anywhere anyway, but now that her bad behavior is being aired on television for all the world to see, there is even less chance of it happening.  If Kendall was a better dancer/performer, people might overlook diva moments and a psycho mom, but she's not.  Also neither are interesting enough as "villians" to really play that up and get work that way.  So at best she can hope her "best friend" Maddie throws her a few scraps from her career, which also isn't very likely post Dance Moms.

I'd think the best Kendall could hope for is some type of modeling career - she really does resemble a young Elizabeth Taylor. Unfortunately she doesn't have the ability to really express herself with her eyes - she doesn't "smize" for lack of a better term - and you really have to be able to tell a story for the camera.

I loved Jill getting offended that someone took something...from a child!...when she went to the People's Choice Awards--a shitty event for which anyone can buy tickets to attend--instead of Brynn just a week or two ago. All the hair dye, slatherings of make-up, and indignant tantrums won't get Kendall to the middle, honey. Not to be an ass, but it's totally a women thing that they can't readily just admit they're all I'm competition and have to do this "I'm so happy for you!" thing.

Kendall seems really stupid to me. Her relentlessly blank face implies that they should get this girl (all these girls!) back into school.

I hate Jojo and Jess. Jojo can't dance and her personality makes me gag. YMMV.

Oh, Melissa. We know what you want. We have since the first minute you appeared on camera years ago. Then, and now, we want nothing to do with you.

Now that Maddie is of an age to develop her own wants, while simultaneously

being pushed to being a job-seeking meal ticket so mom can view herself as more than a shell of a person, makes me suspect this will come to a bad end.

Holly and Jill need to pack it up and head home. It's only gonna get worse before it gets better.

• Love 4

Now that Maddie is of an age to develop her own wants, while simultaneously

being pushed to being a job-seeking meal ticket so mom can view herself as more than a shell of a person, makes me suspect this will come to a bad end.

I've been worried for Maddie before, but not as much as I was last night. I'd assumed that she gone into all these different endeavors because she wanted to, that she was that driven to succeed. And now I'm not so sure that it's all her. Melissa using "us" and "we" when talking about future directions and not asking Maddie what SHE wanted really bugged me. Maddie is not a meal ticket and she has the right at this point to determine which way she'd like her life to go. And if she still wants to dance with her friends sometimes at ALDC what's the big deal?

• Love 3

Wow, Sarah has grown up quickly!!

Agree with Abby on this one... Kendall lost that duet/solo all by herself and had only herself to blame. You can't half-arse something because you're in a sulk. Or you can... but then face it when it's given to somebody else.

Didn't like the group dance. Agree with the judge that JoJo didn't perform or 'bring it' in her solo to the best of her abilities. Duet was quite nice. I like Sarah. 

Maddie has always come across as very driven and ambitious in her own right to me. I've honestly just thought that Melissa has been supporting her, in a creepily awe-struck way. Do people really think Melissa's after her own celebrity/fame? I still believe she just wants it for Maddie. I also see Maddie as the mature one in their relationship, and the one who does the steering. Ugh, who knows. I don't want to see Melissa cropping up in some other TV show... I'd just like to see success for Maddie - and would be nice if Mackenzie got some more success too.

• Love 4

I think it is interesting how the moms always seem to include themselves when they talk about being on the team. "We're on Abby's Team"...no, your daughter is on the team. You are just the parent.

When Christy was first shown at the beginning of this episode, she stated in her talking head: "Sarah and I are from the select team, so we're trained by Abby". I had to listen to it a few times to make sure I heard it right. I am pretty sure Abby wasn't giving Christy any dance lessons.

(edited)

I also was wondering when was the last time someone was given a solo or a duet by Abby and they refused to do it in order to be "honorable". Never? That's what I thought. All of these hypocritical moms full of sanctimonious judginess because JoJo didn't refuse the solo. Really?

Kendall had the first shot at showing Abby how it would look as a solo. She phoned it in, just very careless and sloppy. I think her entitlement mentality kept her from realizing that she could lose it if she didn't show enough drive. Then JoJo had her chance and knocked it out of the park. Maybe next time that Kendall is called upon to prove her worthiness she will put a little more effort into it. Hopefully this was a valuable and painful lesson for her to learn. She can't ever take her foot off the gas, because there is always going to be someone else coming up from the rear to take over.

Edited by gardendiva

Its rare that I'm 100% on Abby's side....but I was this episode.  When Abby said "when that music turns on, you dance"  she was right, you don't sit around moaning about how you really wanted to dance with Maddie, and run out of the room because there is talk about it being a solo.  And if you do that, you deserve to lose your dance.  I'm glad that Abby took that away from Kendall, and she is right, Jojo didn't win a solo, Kendall gave it to her.

I thought Jojo did a great job, and better yet, she has a great attitude.  Kendall never once stopped to think about how hurtful it would look to Jojo that Kendall would throw a tantrum because Kendall was forced to dance with Jojo.  And Jojo let it slide off her back.

And I'm not sure if its prison stress, but Abby is looking like she dropped quite a bit of weight in her TH (with the coral/orange outfit on)....so good for her.  She is never going to be a skinny mini, but she looks good with a little less weight.  And you know what, if she is getting her groove back......good for her!  I don't want to hear the particulars, but good for her.

And how was that even a dance competition....it looked like it was thrown in Ballroom C at the local Holiday Inn Express.  There was literally no one seated past the second row during the dances.  I guess Abby doesn't have to worry about losing potential business since no one was there.

Wow, Sarah has grown up quickly!!

Agree with Abby on this one... Kendall lost that duet/solo all by herself and had only herself to blame. You can't half-arse something because you're in a sulk. Or you can... but then face it when it's given to somebody else.

Didn't like the group dance. Agree with the judge that JoJo didn't perform or 'bring it' in her solo to the best of her abilities. Duet was quite nice. I like Sarah. 

Maddie has always come across as very driven and ambitious in her own right to me. I've honestly just thought that Melissa has been supporting her, in a creepily awe-struck way. Do people really think Melissa's after her own celebrity/fame? I still believe she just wants it for Maddie. I also see Maddie as the mature one in their relationship, and the one who does the steering. Ugh, who knows. I don't want to see Melissa cropping up in some other TV show... I'd just like to see success for Maddie - and would be nice if Mackenzie got some more success too.

I think Melissa is covering for Maddie, and its the one time I think she is really being a good parent.  Maddie has given every indication that she is checked out from the team and is ready for bigger and better things.  Last week in the car, she pretty much said as much.  but I don't think she wants to be the one to disappoint her friends and face the guilt.  So if Melissa says the decision to leave is about her, than she can take the brunt of the guilt and rage from everyone and Maddie can just look like she is along for the ride.

• Love 1
(edited)

Melissa flaunting her alleged sexuality and her hubby's supposed lusting after her 24/7 was just a tad on the YEEECH! side.  I do get a laugh out of the Jill and Holly's moaning about how the team is changing, blah, blah. Yeah you dumb twits, it's called "Children grow up and go on to other things, even yours".  They are probably really worried about what happens to the show and, not coincidentally, their paydays if Maddie, ALDC's star, leaves.  The show could lose much of  whatever remaining audience it has and might finally face the long overdue cancellation by Lifetime.  After all it has those shows about Little People, idiot "celebrity" mothers and daughters and lord knows what else to keep the masses happy.

Edited by cali1981

Abby Is the most Agressive Passive-Agressive ever.  She puts unrelenting pressure on Sarah then chastises Sarah for putting pressure on herself and dancing "nervous".  The amount of viciousness from Abby is so over the top (I'm skipping all the crap the mom's pull for the moment) that she seriously reminds me of the way Donald Trump is campaigning for the Presidency.  Bullies, both Abby and Donald.  Really think this show should be pulled as it is not good for children that age to be around that kind of behavior.

This is a pet peeve, but ALL of the bottle blonds on this show (Jill and Christy are probably the worst offenders, but the others aren't too far behind) need to invest in some toner, stat!

I'm seriously worried that JoJo will be bald as an adult due to the damage from her mom's hair experiments.

Where was Kalani??

Abby said Kalani was at her grandfather's funeral this week. That's why she called in Sarah/Christy.

• Love 1

*cough* P99Q8gT.jpg

That's easily Kendall in 30 years, please don't let that be Maddie xD

I also was wondering when was the last time someone was given a solo or a duet by Abby and they refused to do it in order to be "honorable". Never? That's what I thought. All of these hypocritical moms full of sanctimonious judginess because JoJo didn't refuse the solo. Really?

Maddie did at one of the nationals didn't she?

And I'm not sure if its prison stress, but Abby is looking like she dropped quite a bit of weight in her TH (with the coral/orange outfit on)....so good for her.  She is never going to be a skinny mini, but she looks good with a little less weight.  And you know what, if she is getting her groove back......good for her!  I don't want to hear the particulars, but good for her.

Yes I loved last episode where she joked and said "we're not talking about jail" and everyone laughed.

• Love 1

Abby Is the most Agressive Passive-Agressive ever.  She puts unrelenting pressure on Sarah then chastises Sarah for putting pressure on herself and dancing "nervous".  The amount of viciousness from Abby is so over the top (I'm skipping all the crap the mom's pull for the moment) that she seriously reminds me of the way Donald Trump is campaigning for the Presidency.  Bullies, both Abby and Donald.  Really think this show should be pulled as it is not good for children that age to be around that kind of behavior.

That's interesting because we haven't seen any true mean spiritedness in Abby in awhile.  I guess they changed the tone of the show and it is better.   She stated that Sarah looked nervous when she danced because she did. She also noted that Sarah can't pick up the routines as quick as the other girls.  I don't see that as viscous.  Those are statements any teacher would say.    I would bet they brought Sarah back because her mother is a character and will say whatever she's thinking. 

Sarah and Brynn were like twins.  The difference was that Sarah has less experience and is about 2 years younger than Brynn.  Those dance competitions really like the tiny pre-adolescent dancers who are flexible.  They really do have a type.  Sarah and Brynn won even thought it was far from perfect.  Yet JoJo, who is a more average size, didn't even place even though she showed better musicality and performance. 

As for Maddie leaving, I thought they were all pretty much slaves until the show released them, I thought they had no choice in quitting.

Its rare that I'm 100% on Abby's side....but I was this episode.  When Abby said "when that music turns on, you dance"  she was right

The woman comes out with a little reasonable wisdom every once in a while.  I was punching the air when JoJo got the solo! Kendall was sulking and only wanted to do the dance if it was with Maddie, because of course everything Maddie Ziegler touches turns to gold.  She danced it half assed as a solo and then stormed off.  Jojo on the other hand would have done the dance as a duo, trio, solo, upside down, back to front - she's just happy to be there and is enthusiastic to take any opportunity.  I was really happy for her, and I feel Jill should have been too - if her daughter didn't want the solo, why shouldn't JoJo have it? Oh yeah, I forgot, because it's KENDALL'S YEAR!!

Jill's hypocrisy and bitchiness is becoming unbearable.  I don't necessarily blame Kendall for her tantrums and bratty attitude, the poor girl probably has a lot of pressure and stress and fear of change to deal with right now - I know when I was 13 I could have thrown a mood swing tantrum over the smallest of things!  The person I blame is Jill, who is enabling and encouraging the behavior by mollycoddling her.  The way she's going, she's going to destroy Kendall's chances of having any success in life, never mind in dance!  She's raising her kid to be a brat and her entitled attitude and victim complex won't help her in any way.

As for Melissa boasting about her sex life, somebody grab me a bucket.  That woman is obsessed with herself.  She has this really irritating way of going on when she's boasting or talking out of her ass - like when she's asked about whether they're leaving the ALDC and she gets this screwed up constipated look on her face.  You can tell a mile away she's talking rubbish!  And sorry, my mistake, she'd obsessed with herself, but only slightly less than she's obsessed with Maddie.  Her weird 'we' and 'us' language when talking about Maddie's opportunities is frightening - I can see her losing the will to live when her daughters flee the nest and only call a few times a year.  I've always had a real soft spot for Mackenzie and for her sake I really hope she can step out of her sister's shadow and achieve her own success.  She'll need all the luck she can get with Melissa for a mother.

I read on the Dance Moms wiki that Nia also performed a solo that week, I can't see why it wasn't shown.  I thought Brynn and Sarah's duo was absolutely beautiful, it reminded me of a Maddie and Chloe duo back in the day!  I think Sarah is a beautiful dancer and I honestly think she would be a great extra member on the elite team, but I guess Abby has her reasons for not making her permanent.  One of those reasons is most definitively her annoying mother,

• Love 2
(edited)

The return of Christy, I thought that she looked like Jessalyn but with a different hair colour and Sarah has really grown up!

I felt bad for JoJo with all the solo malarkey. Is anyone surprised that Maddie and co are leaving the team, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

I seriously cannot remember Kendall and Maddie being the duet partners, and I enjoyed Brynn and Sarah's solo.

Also, apparently Nia had a solo?

Edited by Bananna

Interesting shot at the end of the show. They show a close up of the kids sitting on stage waiting to hear who won. I think the shot is either of Sarah or Brynn in their ALDC jackets. Sitting directly behind them is a group of girls in some sort of army costumes with green flight caps on ALSO WEARING ALDC JACKETS. So the other "teams" competing were mostly Abby's students...

• Love 3

YESSS I blame Jill too. Leading Kendall away from Abby, come on Jill, let Kendall talk to Abby and sort things out, she's old enough! I like Sarah too, her and Brynn look like twins, lovely looking together.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have to laugh at Jill constantly inserting herself and Kendall into ALDC history, especially the bit about Maddie and Kendall being duet partners?  Uh, I think that was Maddie and Chloe.  Though I do remember one duet M&K did together, it was the "Sugar and Spice" one, from 2-3 years ago.  I remember it because it was very good and full of energy.  But those days are over, Maddie seems to be over everything ALDC, while Kendall clings onto her for dear life.  As others have pointed out, Kendall is in this for the social aspect, not so much for the dancing.    

Jojo did so well with that solo, I can't see M&K performing the same dance with the same fire and pizzazz.  Was that Rachelle Rak with the bad commentating again? Ugh.

I'm glad Melissa and Maddie are leaving.  I will miss Mack, but maybe she'll get a chance to pursue something else besides dance.  Hopefully she won't be treated like a piece of carry-on luggage, being dragged around to various Maddie appearances.  I hope and pray that Jill and Kendall go, too.  The older girls seem to understand the fake reality they're living in for the show, but unlike Nia, for example, Kendall can't roll with it.  She's going to have a breakdown.

Sarah and Brynn looked so cute together, like twin bookends.  I liked Sarah a lot, but she's young and sensitive.  I just remember her crying a lot, which I could understand as she was only 8 years old at the time.  

Edited by Shell76

I think some guy in Abby's life, maybe a cousin or other relative, or some random guy she was into, decided to screw with her and told her that, "Oh, didn't you know that Michael Jackson loved baseball? That's why he wore the glove!" and Abby either doubled down and declared that of course she knew that she's not dumb or she was just so impressed with his knowledge, and she never questioned it. And now she has just gone her whole life thinking that there is some connection between Michael Jackson and baseball. 

• Love 1

I think some guy in Abby's life, maybe a cousin or other relative, or some random guy she was into, decided to screw with her and told her that, "Oh, didn't you know that Michael Jackson loved baseball? That's why he wore the glove!" and Abby either doubled down and declared that of course she knew that she's not dumb or she was just so impressed with his knowledge, and she never questioned it. And now she has just gone her whole life thinking that there is some connection between Michael Jackson and baseball. 

I think you are right....I stumbled on this website

http://www.truemichaeljackson.com/something-extra/michael-and-sport/ 

which pretty much documents every incident of MJ playing any sport ever (I can't believe someone put all of this together) and there is not one picture of him playing baseball....though there was a shot of the Jackson boys playing basketball......riding three wheelers, participating in something called a sports classic, doing track.....not a single one with baseball

HOWEVER, there was apparently a baseball player NAMED Mike Jackson and so maybe there was some confusion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jackson_(left-handed_pitcher)

HOWEVER, there was apparently a baseball player NAMED Mike Jackson and so maybe there was some confusion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jackson_(left-handed_pitcher)

I would be in shock if there was any confusion over a random baseball player named Mike Jackson. Maybe if it was a popular player, sure. But he's mediocre, didn't do anything special. I just think Abby is dumb and her reasons for doing dances are usually dumb (ugh how much do I hate when she does a tug-the-heartstrings dance and can barely explain the real issue)

• Love 1

Thank you for mentioning the baseball thing - I literally said WTF at my TV.  Of course I had to search it, and only found the baseball player Mike Jackson, who I think was on my hometown team, the Indians for a few seasons.  Abby said something about how Michael would go to the baseball diamond to unwind from the stresses of being a young star.  No, I thought the problem was Michael never got to a normal kid and do things like play baseball, hence his issues in adulthood.  I agree Abby had to have been duped by a producer or something into believing that.   

• Love 5

So does anyone else think, that besides the whole "if I'm not dancing with maddie I don't want to dance at all" thing, that Kendall didn't want to dance the dance as a solo because it wasn't "pretty" enough?  That is my theory anyway.

I think Abby saw the duet rehearsal, realized it wasn't Maddie quality, and then tried to make it a solo.

True, I agree with that.  But first she tried to give the solo to Kendall, right?  The duet/solo wasn't exactly kendall's version of what SHE should be doing, right?  Therefore, wanting to do it with maddie was only an excuse.

I can't fathom why Princess Kendall didn't want a solo. She used to gripe and cry that she never got one. I think the writers are pushing her to feel a huge absence without Maddie to heighten the drama behind Maddie's leaving the show.

I have envisioned at least forty firings in Kendall's future (should anyone care to hire her in the first place), because she doesn't seem to understand that as a dancer, actor, model, you are an EMPLOYEE. She has SUCH a sense of self entitlement and issue with authority.

And Abby is right that she barely even yelled. These women are in for a huge awakening if their kids ever become real professional dancers. Dance coaches can be the absolute worst to try to please. Even when they met Debbie Allen and she came off as so nice- it's because Debbie could care less and wasn't going to waste the energy. They didn't represent her studio - not her problem. Why not just be sweet and nurturing for the cameras, instead of actually coach a group of mediocre strangers. She got the plug for her studio, that's all she needed. Far cry from her character on Fame a hundred years ago, lol.

• Love 3

I think it's funny that for years we have said Abby is so horrible why would they keep their kids with her and they told us we don't see everything and it's for the cameras... And now it seems to some degree Abby has mellowed (maybe she is just distracted by other issues) but they want us to be up in arms of every perceived injustice... But this time Abby really didn't do anything, it was Kendall, probably with Jills influence that was in the wrong.

Someone up above said a few days ago that the reason Kendall wanted a Maddie duet so bad is that everything Maddie touches turns to gold (sorry I don't remember who and quite frankly I'm too lazy to go back to look) while I don't believe Maddie is the end all be all of dance I do believe in Kendall's world that a duet with Maddie is her closest chance of a "shoo-in". Kendall does not perform consistently well enough for her own first place so a duet with Maddie is her best chance. I don't know that Kendall figured this out but I don't doubt that Jill did the way she analyzes everything.

I don't know why she wants to dance with Maddie when Maddie makes her look so wooden. The girl cannot act. She looks like a mannequin in duets. I get that Jo Jo has trouble with keeping time in duets, but still...

I feel like Maddie has been on this season just enough to not violate a contract and to keep up exposure. Dance Moms even plugs everything else she does, which is free representation. I'm guessing she could care less about these fake competitions. But I worry for all the girls because their momagers have NO idea how to protect their kids from the predatory nature of Hollywood. Disney is just dying to take another cute girl and chew them up and spit them out. Even Holly has lost all sense.

• Love 1

Chewy101, I agree I don't know that putting Kendall with such a strong dancer is that beneficial, from what I can remember the duets Maddie has with Kendall have been some of her (Maddies) weaker dances... But I think that Jill is just delusional enough to think that Kendall shines just as much as Maddie. Kendall does not have a fluid technique, and her faces do not come naturally. Someone like Nia who also lacks in technique makes up for it to some degree by her facial expressions, I prefer watching her dance because she truly seems to enjoy herself, same with Jojo. I kinda equate Kendall with someone who has resting bitch face, she might enjoy dancing and that's great but it doesn't come across in her dancing, so for me it can be more difficult to elect him. That was kinda an unrelated tangent but my point is I don't think Jill sees where Kendall lacks, and that's fine, she's her mom so that doesn't shock me to want to see the best in Kendall, but that doesn't change the fact that Kendall is not on the same level as Maddie performance-wise.

• Love 1

I think Kendall is definitely in that mean girl territory and I dont' like a lot of what she does.  But I couldn't help but feel a little bad for her. At her age, I was high strung and easily intimidated by authority figures.  I could have a reasonable, mature response in my head, and I would get frustrated and cry instead of being able to get it out.  I think she tried.  She diplomatically said that she would like for it to be a duet because it was given as one.  Then she got nervous and upset when Abby snapped at her, and even though she was still trying to ask Abby not to yell, she lost it.  I remember that happening to me, and it's embarrassing and not fun at all.

But it's a huge sign that this life isn't for her. She's overwhelmed in her own studio, with her own teacher that she has had for years.  If she can't handle that, she can't handle working in Hollywood.  Thankfully my own mother had enough sense not to put me on TV for everyone to pick on.

• Love 1

I think it's funny that for years we have said Abby is so horrible why would they keep their kids with her and they told us we don't see everything and it's for the cameras... And now it seems to some degree Abby has mellowed (maybe she is just distracted by other issues) but they want us to be up in arms of every perceived injustice... But this time Abby really didn't do anything, it was Kendall, probably with Jills influence that was in the wrong.=

Maybe Abby was never that bad and it was always the mum's moaning.

^Kendall didn't lose it, she came back into the room and asked Abby not to yell and then when Abby tried to reply Jill walked Kendall away. It was Jill's fault, they could have had a discussion but Jill babied Kendall.

Abby is that bad according to people who have had to work with her outside her own studio.  I've been told her worst behavior hasn't made it to the shows.

Oh wow, like what? She always had a nicer side that made me wonder, like in the past they would air some nice bonding moments between her and the kids.