Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E20: Charade

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Damn show..why you make me cry at the very last minute like that???  I'm tired of crying when I watch this show.

Otherwise I felt it was an enjoyable episode...fluff.  I love fluff episodes.  No terrorists..no gunfire..just wits.  

• Love 5

This was a little too close to home for me. My (ex) brother-in-law was a mortgage broker who flipped houses on the side. He got caught in the housing bubble and tried to dig himself out by using the proprietary info he got from his clients to open lines of credit and then max it out. He got twelve years and I consider myself lucky to only have lost $25k. It's a short jog from the mortgage business to identity theft.

It's interesting that they used this to start the ending arc for Tony.

• Love 3

I don't think this was the start - I'd argue they've been dropping anvils since the beginning of the season. The writers knew long before it was made public that this would be MW's last season.

The ending definitely made me teary. So sweet.

I agree that Tony's departure has been telegraphed for quite awhile but I would definitely call this the turning point to the end. Sigh. I hope this show is as good as it is right now without Tony. Sigh again.

Good episode. I had a moment when Tim told Tony that he's one of his best friends. Did I mention I am not looking forward to the show without Tony?

• Love 9

I actually looked at a screen during this episode. And was surprised at how much Michael Wetherly looks and acts like Robert Wagner. What a great choice of an actor to play Dinozzo, Sr. I just had never noticed this before.

• Love 2
I had a moment when Tim told Tony that he's one of his best friends.

Me too.  I also think they've been setting the stage for Tony's departure for awhile.  Like in the last new episode we had.  Tony was doing what sounded like Mandarin lessons on his laptop.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

I also notice that Tim and Bishop's friendship is being emphasized.  I think that's an effort to try and anchor the two remaining team members (besides Gibbs) together as a way to provide some stability for fans during what is going to be a big transition for many of us.  I appreciate the effort.

I want Michael's new show to do well, but I'm going to miss Tony terribly.  Sigh.

I also want Michael to come back and guest at least once.  His credit needs to read "Very Special Guest Star Michael Weatherly."

• Love 10
Damn show..why you make me cry at the very last minute like that???  I'm tired of crying when I watch this show.

It seemed a bit heavy handed to me, just to make sure everyone who might miss subtlety knows that Bishop and McGee are a team.   Having said that, most of this episode held my interest, and that is rare for this show.  After so many seasons, they really are scraping the bottom of a dry well.

I also notice that Tim and Bishop's friendship is being emphasized.  I think that's an effort to try and anchor the two remaining team members (besides Gibbs) together as a way to provide some stability for fans during what is going to be a big transition for many of us.  I appreciate the effort.

They've also been used in NCIS publicity more often this season as well.  Usually, its been Micheal and Pauley who have done the lion's share of interviews.  This year, Sean and Emily each have done several.  

Maybe it was just the lighting but it really looked like Mark Harmon's hair has crossed the line from silver into white.

The hints about Tony's/Michael's departure have been there all season, its just that last night seemed the final arc began.

I agree that we have already had some hints about Tony's departure - this was an interesting way to continue that though.  Especially with the re-appearance of Leah/Lara/Elizabeth--I knew we would see her again!

Also had a moment during the Tim/Tony convo by the car after the latter was released from the clink-waiting-room. 

And, at Bishop's aircraft-carrier-name-submission of McGee's dad!  *sniff*

• Love 1

Was "Leah" the date that Tony had for the episode where they had what seemed like an open-and-shut case and then they all interrupted their evening plans because they saw flaws in it?

• Love 3

MW has a new show?  I didn't see anything listed on his Imdb page - is it for next Fall, serious, comedy?  Anyone knows?

Yeah - the Robert Wagner casting was as perfect as it gets.  And, for some, I too saw the resemblance more in this episode than even in earlier ones.  I'm just glad they stopped making him a buffoon - that went on far too long.  

I had stopped watching when Ziva ate the show and only returned when she finally departed and I've been liking the dynamic this season (and, last) - no forced chemistry between characters, no humongous almost comedic dramatic personal crap (Ziva) - Personally, to me, it seems like a good time to just end the show.  

• Love 2

MW has a new show?  I didn't see anything listed on his Imdb page - is it for next Fall, serious, comedy?  Anyone knows?

I am vaguely horrified to report that he's reportedly going to be playing Dr. Phil, back in the days when he was a jury consultant.

• Love 2

Was "Leah" the date that Tony had for the episode where they had what seemed like an open-and-shut case and then they all interrupted their evening plans because they saw flaws in it?

Yes, that was her.

Yes. And she left before anything happened, but apparently not before she stole a pic of his badge.

I liked this ep. Funny to hear people being addressed by first names. Abby is Abby and Tony has always been Tony (except to Gibbs), but everyone else is called by last names.  So the "Tim" and "Ellie" remarks were noticeable.

I liked that Gibbs was clearly worried and afraid and frantic in the beginning when he thought it had been Tony in the car. (I also enjoyed the whole ep referred to that guy as "dead tony.")

• Love 1

Yeah the whole "I don't know who I am anymore" really was an attempt to set up why DiNozzo leaves. But it was funny  to see him sit with his two imposters and have them talk about food preferences, with Tony realizing they had stolen those too. I so hope they leave it so he can return occasionally. Good-byes are so hard. Bishop is slowly growing on me, I found her acting really wooden early on. Tim of course has always been a cutie.

• Love 2

It seems weird that if she was in it for his ID she made such an effort to have sex with him.

That was why I wasn't sure. I couldn't come up with anyone else who had appeared previously, but my recollection of their "date" didn't track with her newly revealed actual motivation. If she was just in it for his ID, one would think she would have left way before his monologue about the case was over. I kinda doubt they had planned this one out before they filmed Leah's first appearance.

• Love 1

I kinda doubt they had planned this one out before they filmed Leah's first appearance.

I often wonder if they have anything planned out from one episode to the next.

• Love 3

Did anyone notice that McGee once again looks very skinny and sickly? That had happened a few years ago, and people commented on it, but I never did find out if the actor had been sick. He looks older than Tony and almost as old as Gibbs.

• Love 6

yes,  i noticed how thin he was.  When he was thin before, i was worried he was sick and not just trying another look.

does anyone know???

i still dont like Bishop, hope the new characters drown her out

Did anyone notice that McGee once again looks very skinny and sickly? That had happened a few years ago, and people commented on it, but I never did find out if the actor had been sick. He looks older than Tony and almost as old as Gibbs.

One scene definitely looked like a big head on a very skinny neck, just loose skin holding it together.

(edited)

Dr Phil????  What - there's going to a series about Dr Phil?  But, why?  Yikes

Not creepy famewhore Brittney-stalking Dr. Phil. Apparently in the years before Oprah he was a jury consultant who provided his psychological insight to lawyers wanting to know which jurors they should try to keep and get rid of. So, still creepy (I have this on good authority: he was my sister-in-law's driver's ed instructor), but presumably the fictional one less so.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

So, still creepy (I have this on good authority: he was my sister-in-law's driver's ed instructor), but presumably the fictional one less so.

From the article:

The actor has signed on to play the title role in CBS’ Bull, a drama pilot based on talk show host Phil McGraw’s early days running one of the most prolific trial consulting services of all time. According to the official character description, Weatherly’s “Dr. Bull” — who heads a company that analyzes juries to help develop defense strategies — possesses a physicality, feral intelligence and bruising candor that make him magnetic to women.

Considering "a physicality, feral intelligence and bruising candor that make him magnetic to women" really couldn't be said about Phil, I assume it's just a way to make a neat idea sound like more than just another courtroom drama and pull in Dr. Phil watchers.

Dr. Phil -- a chick magnet ????!!! As the doc himself would say, "are you being delusional?" I find him very creepy, especially how he drags his little bitty wife out of the studio at the end of his "show" (which is the only part of it that I see, since I am waiting for Judge Judy to come on).

• Love 1

That was why I wasn't sure. I couldn't come up with anyone else who had appeared previously, but my recollection of their "date" didn't track with her newly revealed actual motivation. If she was just in it for his ID, one would think she would have left way before his monologue about the case was over. I kinda doubt they had planned this one out before they filmed Leah's first appearance.

HAH! I knew there was a reason I didn't like her! And even though her questions about Tony's "gun" was an euphemism for his penis, I knew she was shady!

Though I liked this episode for the most part, once again, I didn't care for the phonies telling Tony he was boring, had no life, etc., which was why it was sooo easy to "play" him.

And I really wanted to see the look on that asshole cop's face when he realized he arrested the real FEDERAL AGENT, and not an imposter.  Tony got the raw end of the deal too many times in this episode for me.  So glad, at least that he was the one to arrest Leah whatever, and that she didn't get immunity.

• Love 3

Observations: Matt McCoy (Senator Bransfield) is 8 years younger than I am, yet I'm astounded by how much he's aged.

As McGee shrinks, DiNozzo is putting on a little weight and rocking the Robert Wagner haircut...remarkable how much he is beginning to look like Wagner.

The shorter of the two PhonyTonys looks like Tony LoBianco looked in the 1970's.

So behind; I finally finished watching this episode. I wasn't a fan of Leah when she was first introduced earlier in the season, and now I really dislike for making Tony's life hell as he really got dumped on this episode. But I did enjoy the conversation he had with McGee when Tim picked him up from the polish station-- their friendship will be sorely missed next season.

I thought it was sweet Bishop used McGee's father's name for the ship naming contest. I like their friendship (though it won't be able to totally replace the Tony/Tim dynamic this show has had for so many years).

Gibbs/Mark Harmon with that cute dog while they were waiting to trap Leah... so freaking adorable.

• Love 1
On 4/6/2016 at 1:26 PM, JessDVD said:

Having just seen it again, what if her plan was to sleep with him to get him under her control? She slept with the Senator to get the blackmail material, so maybe this was a way to get him under her thumb (or at least access to his security clearance) and when the date broke up like it did, she went to plan B?