Type keyword(s) to search

Long Lost Family - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Momof2boyz said:

Did anyone watch "This is Life - Live" after this show last night?  There does not seem to be a discussion for this show.   There was an adoption story on it - 37 year old woman searching for her birth mother and they reunited live on the show.  Birth mother said she was 20 when she had her, which would have made her 57 or 58 now but she looked to be in her late 70s!  There was some discussion about this on the Facebook page.  Someone said she must have had a hard life.  I cannot believe this woman was in her 50s.   Very odd.

I was thinking the same thing.  She did say she was a wild child, so her hard living probably caught up with her.  Plus she seemed so grief-ridden about the family she lost, particularly her husband (which I completely relate to as I'm a widow).   I wonder what was really going through the daughter's mind when she met her.  She looked liked she could have been the grandmother.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Momof2boyz said:

Did anyone watch "This is Life - Live" after this show last night?  There does not seem to be a discussion for this show.   There was an adoption story on it - 37 year old woman searching for her birth mother and they reunited live on the show.  Birth mother said she was 20 when she had her, which would have made her 57 or 58 now but she looked to be in her late 70s!  There was some discussion about this on the Facebook page.  Someone said she must have had a hard life.  I cannot believe this woman was in her 50s.   Very odd.

I also thought the same thing. When I was doing the math in my head I kept thinking I was wrong. She looked 80 to me.  

• Love 2

Also, I do believe they independently contacted the show but think Chris and Lisa's conversation was contrived.

Yeah . . . I think the show lucked out by having both the mother and son contact the show around the same time, and the show put 2+2 together then decided to make a "surprise" episode where Lisa and Chris "discover" they are each helping the person the other one is looking for. 

Did anyone else think that birth mother looked like Shirley Jones?

The son seemed less than enthused at their reunion. I suppose he could just be a low-key kind of person but he really seemed more interested in meeting his birth father since he never had much of an emotional connection with his adopted father. I guess he was kind of disappointed. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah . . . I think the show lucked out by having both the mother and son contact the show around the same time, and the show put 2+2 together then decided to make a "surprise" episode where Lisa and Chris "discover" they are each helping the person the other one is looking for. 

The son seemed less than enthused at their reunion. I suppose he could just be a low-key kind of person but he really seemed more interested in meeting his birth father since he never had much of an emotional connection with his adopted father. I guess he was kind of disappointed. 

I was tooling around the Long Lost Family Facebook page and people were saying they thought it was scripted.  The mother posted that it absolutely was not scripted.  Clicked on her profile connected to the post and it brought me to her Facebook page so she was really the one who posted.

• Love 3

I like Peggy. I like Trevor. The set up for the episode. Not so much.

Peggy saying that she'd reached out to the birth father was interesting because I always wonder about that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

She DID look a little like Shirley Jones. How fitting!

I also thought the son didn’t seem that exicited but when they did a one shot with him outside after the met he did seem excited. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I men it was kind of cool that the kid and the mom had both contacted the show to find the other but I didn't think it was an interesting enough story to take up the whole hour.  

22 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Also, I do believe they independently contacted the show but think Chris and Lisa's conversation was contrived.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The entire conversation between Chris & Lisa was very contrived and not well acted.  With all the time they had, you'd think they would have tracked down the dad.  How hard could it be?  The mom knew his name and knew where he grew up.  It would have been a much more interesting show if they contacted him and had all three meet.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2018 at 2:38 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Actually, it was only 32 years. She was one rough looking woman for 47 years old. But I digress. I guess the show could have handled the situation by searching for her, finding out the rape story, then deciding not to continue with filming and telling the guy they found her. That would have spared him the anguish of knowing his origins and knowing he was bringing this all back up for his birth mother, and spared Tessa having to confront the child of her rape. This is one situation where it really does not a happy ending for anyone. They may be able to have a bit of a connection and Tessa may be relieved her son grew up to be such a good guy, but I am betting that it ends quickly and they go their separate ways with even more emotional baggage than before.

It struck me that he was conceived via a criminal act (of which he had no prior knowledge) and became an officer of the law as his profession.  Crazy coincidence.

• Love 6
On 4/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I think it is also possible that there was only one candidate - Chris's actual father - and that his bio mom made up the story about the German boyfriend. The whole timing of her story made no sense. She only held Christian for 5 minutes before giving him up, meaning she signed over rights to him before she even left the hospital. (Which was certainly normal for mothers in maternity homes). Why would this boyfriend come to Buffalo (from where?) to take a blood test and then propose marriage when in all likelihood she had already given Chris up? And if this story is true, her parents could not have stopped her from marrying the German boyfriend since she was 19 and an adult. I think she made up the German boyfriend to her parents and put the fake identity on Chris's birth certificate as she could not admit that his bio dad was black. JMO of course but her story was just too sketchy. 

In the previews, wasn't it Chris again that they showed crying about having given up a son that the show was looking for? Sure looked like him, but I could be wrong. 

I think the German boyfriend was made up too.  She would have been better off saying he was Italian - many Italians have darker features and the baby could have "passed" easier.  Did alleged German boyfriend have to sign anything?  If no, and it was just her filling out paperwork, I can see why she went with her story.  Christian - probably the sweetest person ever shown on this show!!!  When Bio Mom said "I don't understand why he struggled with racial identity, the father was white!"  You could see Lisa looking around like, "Do we tell her he is clearly bi-racial?"  What a great home to be adopted into!!!

On 4/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, ElleMo said:

he had a choice and explained it all to Nicole. She didn't have to sign over custody. But when she was jailed, Nicole would have ended up in foster care and possibly shuffled around foster homes until her mother could get out of jail and try to gain custody.  But She was worried Nicole would be placed in a foster home that was taking in kids only for the money. She also worried that nicole would be placed with a family in the ghetto and she didn't want her daughter growing up there. Wise Choice considering what happened to her son. So Nicole went to an adoptive family who wanted a child because they wanted a child not money, who lived in a better area and who had a more stable home for her. I truly believe that she thought this she considered all this. Which is why she almost gave up the baby several times. I think she was considering trying to keep her.

I agree and Nicole should be, I would think, be grateful to get the hell outta there. Bio Mom had a rough life, for sure!!

On 5/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, iMonrey said:

I'm a little skeptical of Judy Himel who gave up her daughter at eighteen months. ...

I noticed she still had the same last name so apparently she never married (or else she did and then reverted to her maiden name at some point.)

I did a little nosing around and it looks like Judith did marry and she might have two other children.   Not sure about the last part.

I thought it was odd when Judith said that the baby ate stuff off the floor because her mother had to watch the baby. 

On 5/16/2018 at 8:17 PM, Yeah No said:

Why is the network rushing this season?  So many new eps. inside of 2 days!  I can't keep up!

Chris and Lisa hosted This is Life -Live!, and after each of those episodes TLC showed a new episode of Long Lost Family. 

3 hours ago, Josette said:

I thought it was odd when Judith said that the baby ate stuff off the floor because her mother had to watch the baby. 

I thought this was funny.  I mean I'm willing to believe that it really was a bad situation and Judy made the best decision.  But if every baby found eating off the floor got put up for adoption....   

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I thought this was funny.  I mean I'm willing to believe that it really was a bad situation and Judy made the best decision.  But if every baby found eating off the floor got put up for adoption....   

Mine would have been gone by about fifteen months.  They liked to crunch on the dog food now and then.......

I mean, are they licking anti-freeze off the garage floor?  Then, yes, that is an issue.

I ate cigarette butts off the sidewalk, and I'm just fine.  ::twitch::

All kidding aside, I think it was a little more than that; I believe Judy said during her interview that she didn't have anyone to watch the baby while she worked except her mother, who wasn't really capable of doing so.  I forget the exact words she used, but the implication was that there were mental health issues that made her less than attentive to an infant's needs.  She said the baby was not only eating off the floor, but was "dirty," which I read as crawling around in a dirty diaper for god knows how long.  So, yeah, a tough situation, but I think she ultimately made the right decision.

• Love 5

The birth mother on This is Life - Live that would have been 57 or 58 must have had an extremely hard life. She looked to be at least 70 years old and that's being generous. She also seemed off to me. A little slow maybe. One sweeping generalization I can make from watching Long Lost Family is that the biological mothers did the right thing by putting their babies up for adoption to give them a better life. Not in every case, but in most of the cases shown, the birth mothers have had hard lives. They seem to be a bit strange, cold, some of them had problems with alcohol, drugs, dysfunctional families, etc. It's great that they gave their kids the opportunity to be adopted and live, for the most part, with a loving family. Again, not in every case. There were a few exceptions, but for the most part this is my observation from watching this show.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Matty said:

The birth mother on This is Life - Live that would have been 57 or 58 must have had an extremely hard life. She looked to be at least 70 years old and that's being generous. She also seemed off to me. A little slow maybe. One sweeping generalization I can make from watching Long Lost Family is that the biological mothers did the right thing by putting their babies up for adoption to give them a better life. Not in every case, but in most of the cases shown, the birth mothers have had hard lives. They seem to be a bit strange, cold, some of them had problems with alcohol, drugs, dysfunctional families, etc. It's great that they gave their kids the opportunity to be adopted and live, for the most part, with a loving family. Again, not in every case. There were a few exceptions, but for the most part this is my observation from watching this show.

I agree with you - throw in an uneducated mom with no dad in the picture, a distant birth father (if any) and you get a grim picture.  Some participants seem to look back with rose colored glasses when in reality it would have been a hard life.  Even if you can afford a house, you may have to take in roommates who may not be the best people for your child to be around.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:04 PM, iMonrey said:

Yes, Mrs Partridge in the house!!!  Yes that son was M-E-L-L-O-W!  He struck me as disappointed, too.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, Koalagirl said:

I was tooling around the Long Lost Family Facebook page and people were saying they thought it was scripted.  The mother posted that it absolutely was not scripted.  Clicked on her profile connected to the post and it brought me to her Facebook page so she was really the one who posted.

How would the mother know whether or not it was scripted?  She only knows what they told her.  On these shows they sometimes aren't told how the sausage is made.

I think it is true that both she and her son applied for the show seeking the other at the same time, were each sent a DNA test and then Jen Utley discovered the link, prompting the show to create a dramatization for them to appear on the same episode in which Chris and Lisa "accidentally" discover that they're working on the same case from opposite ends.  It would be too coincidental that they would put both mother and son on the same episode and have Lisa and Chris "just happen to meet up" and find out they were working the opposite ends of the same search without someone knowing it beforehand.  That's stretching credulity a little too far for me.

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 1:04 PM, iMonrey said:

I notice that he also made it very clear in the beginning that he had a great adoptive mother and had "no complaints", as if he had no real emotional need to find his birth mother.  Perhaps he is afraid of "replacing" his adoptive mom in his heart by meeting his real mom.  But I think in the end he was actually coming around, especially after he met her and heard the story.  And then finding out he was her only child.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:04 AM, Josette said:

Chris and Lisa hosted This is Life -Live!, and after each of those episodes TLC showed a new episode of Long Lost Family. 

Yes, I know that but I still don't know why TLC is rushing this season.  I notice that it's also rushing other shows, like "Long Island Medium", which also had several episodes on in one week, and now the new season of "Who do You Think You Are" is going to start off with two episodes shown in one night.   It's a good thing I have a DVR - I don't have time to watch 3 episodes in one night!

I live in Oakland County where the "accidental" meeting of Chris and Lisa took place so that got my attention.  But oh my goodness, why would the producers/writers make them act out a "surprise" scene like that, rather than just tell us, "Wow, both parties signed up to for the show to find each other!"  They're lying to the viewer to try to create some drama, which makes me suspicious of the rest of the story they tell.  

The material - these stories - it's all interesting enough by itself.  There is no need to throw in some fact acted scenes.  The acting/pretending totally detracts from the show.

Chris and Lisa were both actors/TV personalities before they were hired for the show.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

How would the mother know whether or not it was scripted?  She only knows what they told her.  On these shows they sometimes aren't told how the sausage is made.

I think it is true that both she and her son applied for the show seeking the other at the same time, were each sent a DNA test and then Jen Utley discovered the link, prompting the show to create a dramatization for them to appear on the same episode in which Chris and Lisa "accidentally" discover that they're working on the same case from opposite ends.  It would be too coincidental that they would put both mother and son on the same episode and have Lisa and Chris "just happen to meet up" and find out they were working the opposite ends of the same search without someone knowing it beforehand.  That's stretching credulity a little too far for me.

I was only informing as to what I read.  I feel like I’m being challenged.  

2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I was only informing as to what I read.  I feel like I’m being challenged.  

No need to feel challenged, I was just reacting to the content of what you said.

• Love 2

Regarding the birth father, I don't think that the mother is allowed to put his name on the birth certificate if he isn't present. It's to prevent women from claiming that dad is Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc. I don't know if that was the case back in the day before DNA became more advanced.

3 hours ago, Kat20 said:

Regarding the birth father, I don't think that the mother is allowed to put his name on the birth certificate if he isn't present. It's to prevent women from claiming that dad is Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc. I don't know if that was the case back in the day before DNA became more advanced.

That varies by state and time and place.   My dad was out of the room when they came to do my birth certificate and my mom was all, "He's at lunch.  He'll be back."  And they were pressuring her to go ahead and do it so his name isn't on my birth certificate and she couldn't even give me his last name which was a problem because her last name was still her married last name despite the fact that she was divorced and she really, really, really didn't want me to have that name.  

So my dad comes back and it is explained to him and his parents have already told him that he needs to marry my mom and my mom has declined so they can't do much about it but they've basically told him if  I don't have their name he doesn't have people anymore so he gets my mother to sign an affidavit while she's still in the hospital that he is my father and that she wants my name changed to his name.  So my dad goes to his lawyer and my name is changed... what he doesn't do is have his name added to my birth certificate.  He just goes in and has my name changed.  I don't know if he was trying to get out of child support, or what?   But that's how it went down.

So my dad is my dad. He's the guy who takes me to school, who makes my breakfast.  He was all dad all the time.  So not having his name on my birth certificate was problematic and potentially a problem since he signed me up for school ect... so he TYPED his name on my birth certificate.    The man altered my birth certificate.   He opened my first bank account to receive money his parents left his child in their will!   He took that thing to DMV for my drivers license and to apply for my first passport!!!!

About 6 months before he died he confessed to my mom.  My mom thought he was joking.   He died.  I ordered my birth certificate.  He's not on it.  Had my mom taken him seriously all they would have had to do was walk into the county records office and say, "Hey, I need to amend my kid's birth certificate" But alas, he didn't and i may never have the documents I need to fix it.   

And again this would be less of an issue but my dad was a part of my life every day from the day I was born until the day he died.  

• Love 4

Perhaps this has already been mentioned. I need to read the forum.

However, does anyone else feel that this season stories being rushed and going into more detail about the process (not to mention giving Ancestry.com lots of publicity) instead of why the adoption occurred. We aren't learning more about the families, their personal search/journey, or where the father is. I was wondering if this was intentional to create story lines for the update series, if that is returning. 

I understand that someone people what to keep personal matter to themselves and I respect that. Maybe I am just too nosy for my own good.

However, does anyone else feel that this season stories being rushed and going into more detail about the process (not to mention giving Ancestry.com lots of publicity) instead of why the adoption occurred. We aren't learning more about the families, their personal search/journey, or where the father is. I was wondering if this was intentional to create story lines for the update series, if that is returning. 

I understand that someone people what to keep personal matter to themselves and I respect that. Maybe I am just too nosy for my own good.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:46 PM, bybrandy said:

That varies by state and time and place.   My dad was out of the room when they came to do my birth certificate and my mom was all, "He's at lunch.  He'll be back."  And they were pressuring her to go ahead and do it so his name isn't on my birth certificate and she couldn't even give me his last name which was a problem because her last name was still her married last name despite the fact that she was divorced and she really, really, really didn't want me to have that name.  

So my dad comes back and it is explained to him and his parents have already told him that he needs to marry my mom and my mom has declined so they can't do much about it but they've basically told him if  I don't have their name he doesn't have people anymore so he gets my mother to sign an affidavit while she's still in the hospital that he is my father and that she wants my name changed to his name.  So my dad goes to his lawyer and my name is changed... what he doesn't do is have his name added to my birth certificate.  He just goes in and has my name changed.  I don't know if he was trying to get out of child support, or what?   But that's how it went down.

So my dad is my dad. He's the guy who takes me to school, who makes my breakfast.  He was all dad all the time.  So not having his name on my birth certificate was problematic and potentially a problem since he signed me up for school ect... so he TYPED his name on my birth certificate.    The man altered my birth certificate.   He opened my first bank account to receive money his parents left his child in their will!   He took that thing to DMV for my drivers license and to apply for my first passport!!!!

About 6 months before he died he confessed to my mom.  My mom thought he was joking.   He died.  I ordered my birth certificate.  He's not on it.  Had my mom taken him seriously all they would have had to do was walk into the county records office and say, "Hey, I need to amend my kid's birth certificate" But alas, he didn't and i may never have the documents I need to fix it.   

And again this would be less of an issue but my dad was a part of my life every day from the day I was born until the day he died.  

My father is on my birth certificate and he was not present during my birth. My parents were only 17 years old and his family didn't want to believe that he fathered a child at a young age. They didn't want it to tarnish their image. So it must vary from state and perhaps there are more legalities surrounding it know versus in the 70's.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kelekins said:

We did talk about this upthread.  I said it looked like the recent seasons were concentrating only on the reunion of the parent/child or siblings and not going further into finding the other parent, or aunts/uncles and even siblings that were mentioned like it often did in the first 2 seasons.  Also, there was no update series last season either, even though they left open some glaring loose ends that the audience wanted to see resolved.  I said I kind of doubted that they would do it this time either.  That's too bad because I often found the update shows even more interesting than the regular ones.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kelekins said:

My father is on my birth certificate and he was not present during my birth. My parents were only 17 years old and his family didn't want to believe that he fathered a child at a young age. They didn't want it to tarnish their image. So it must vary from state and perhaps there are more legalities surrounding it know versus in the 70's.

Yup, it varies by state, also by year.   My dad wasn't in the room when the birth certificate was filed so he isn't on the birth certificate.  6 years later this wasn't even a little bit a problem for a friend of the family in the same state, same hospital, and now I looked it up and very much the father has to be present to be put on the birth certificate and if he isn't present when the birth certificate is filled out then he can go to the county records office with the mother and if they both agree he can be put on for no fee.   

Also, there was no update series last season either, even though they left open some glaring loose ends that the audience wanted to see resolved.  

Oddly enough . . . there are ads for "Long Last Family: What Happened Next" when you watch something on TLC.Go or whatever the streaming app is called. However . . . I'll be damned if I can find the programs they are advertising! I know they are updates from last season, because one of the updates in the promo spots is a guy featured from last season, the bald guy with "Mama June." I just can't seem to find the shows. 

Update: they are only 8-minute mini-episodes and are apparently only available on TLC.com: https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/long-lost-family-what-happened-next/ 

• Love 2
On 5/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, kelekins said:

Something that bugs me is when they find the long lost parent they usually don't give us much of any information on what their life is like now. Like what they ended up doing for a living, did they get married, how many other kids do they have. They only seem to mention it if they never were able to have kids or something.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Jadzia said:

Something that bugs me is when they find the long lost parent they usually don't give us much of any information on what their life is like now. Like what they ended up doing for a living, did they get married, how many other kids do they have. They only seem to mention it if they never were able to have kids or something.

I feel like they used to do more of that in Seasons 1 and 2, although we were told that one man was a cop this season.  I don't think we were told about what anyone else did for a living.  One of the main points of the show used to feature the person finding out they had siblings or half siblings but in recent seasons they mostly don't even mention it.  That stuff was interesting and it makes the show more unsatisfying if people are expecting it but not getting it.

• Love 3
On 11/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, Quof said:

Jeezuz, at first I thought Kendra had a medical condition that caused that voice, maybe as simple as recovering from laryngitis.  But I assume they film over several weeks, at least, so that wasn't it. I think it was just part of the needy little girl persona.  It grated like a Kardashian vocal fry.

I actually know Kendra. She had lost her voice one day prior to filming and the show still wanted to proceed. The filming was about a week. You can hear as the days progressed it slowly coming back, but nowhere near like it normally sounds. She was mortified and people have torn her apart over that. 

• Love 1

Janiece Corevine here, I just happenstance on your website and read your comments. So were great, bad and indifferent. I just want to add my feed back. Someone wrote that I was  a-piece-of-work. They were right, I am a piece-of-work and there is no one like me at all. I have survived all the abuse you can imagine and able to live my life fully with no regrets and write a story about it. Would you like to hear it, hear it goes. Within the Child's Core. Once you read that book then yes by all means label me. I have never lied to the child I brought into the world. I have no reason to and definitely nothing to gain from lying to her or about her. She hired a detective to find me, one who also worked with the company that produced the show. I actually told them I didn't want to meet. I had let go of the past. Well as you can see we did meet and it wasn't good from the start. If I had the balls to walk off the set and tell them I don't want to go any further in 2015 it would have been the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I should have. But I didn't want to let anyone down. The episode in 2017 would have never been taped. With that said, You learn by your mistakes. If I could have it done all over again, I would have met that child on even grown, face to face on our own terms. Today 2018, I don't know if she ever contacted Lyle her father, and probably will never know, which is okay. I know that the child I had and my paths will never crossed again and that too is okay. I hope you read my book and she is in it, along with all the abuse of dysfunction and all the secrets within four walls. Yes I do have emotional problems . But let me ask you this, if the shoe was on the other foot, and you walked in my shoes, would you too have some emotional problems? I think the past should stay in the past.  And leave it at that. I published my own book. To complete my book which is my lacey took me 22 years.  If you would like to join my FB page by all means.  Janiece Corevine or email me at Janiece_Corevine2015@yahoo..com I would answer any questions that you may have.

I am very proud to have written Within the Child's Core by Janiece Corevine. 

• Love 1

Season 5 kicks off on 10/8 with the episode Baby in a Shoebox.

Eagle-eyed posters may realize that TLC, as usual, is listing this as a brand new episode and has also listed it as a season 4 episode.  TLC - master of making TV confusing.  

Discuss all of Season 5 here.  Post away!

Edited by PrincessPurrsALot
Updating with info from TLC site

Chris was so unbelievably sweet and gentle with Alice. I was so glad they could reconnect. 

As for Monitca, that poor girl. Having to come to terms with the fact that her father wasn’t really her father? I really wasn’t sure she would honestly ever reconcile the situation. 

• Love 5

I fear Monica is lost. She was already on the edge over her mother not being her mother and she found that out decades earlier. Now with this father situation (and he doesn't even remember her mother ---actually none of her parents seem to know each other, much less which one of them helped create her) I don't see her getting past it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, stormy said:

About Monica's story.

Her father told her that her mother wasn't her real mom. Who is she then and I wonder what happened to her and the siblings she grew up with?

Right?  Maybe bio dad can help her figure out who bio mom is?  The secrets seem so much more painful than the facts that comprise them.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Right?  Maybe bio dad can help her figure out who bio mom is?  The secrets seem so much more painful than the facts that comprise them.

I haven't been keeping up with this show. Do they still do that follow up show- What Happened Next?

Watching right now and worried about Lazaro (sp?) When he meets his bio mom.  I hope she's doesn't overwhelm him.  She was so emotional, moreso than anyone else I have seen on this show.  Love his adoptive parents. They  seemed a little nervous about his meeting the bio family but supported him.

UPDATE:Finished watching and have to add how touching it was when je two moms  hugged -- much longer than everyone else -- and then spoke to each other. 

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 3

Lazaro seemed like a wonderful young man. His adoptive family was very loving and sweet. The contrast between the two moms temperaments was striking. Lazaro's biological mom was very emotional, dramatic, high strung, and his adoptive mother was calm, sweet, steady. I thought it was so touching when the two moms were hugging it out. Nice outcome for everyone. 

The other story of Sean and his mom was a good one too. It was nice that through Sean she was able to find out about her birth parents and meet her half brother and aunt.

I can't be cynical or snarky about any of the people from last night's happy reunions. I thought both stories were well done.

• Love 7
On 10/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, readheaded said:

Maybe bio dad can help her figure out who bio mom is?

He said he couldn't remember who she was. I guess he really was running around a lot back in the day. It seemed like the show knew she worked as a waitress at a particular bar, so maybe over time he might remember her. Or, is she sees this show, she might come forward.

I was a little worried when I saw last night's show was two hours long, but both stories deserved the time. It was interesting to see how Alain/Lazaro's birth date was changed, even as recently as the late 1980s. All it takes is a doctor deciding how old a child is. Fortunately now we have DNA to make the final decision. Ages and names taken from censuses, the bane of all genealogists!

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

It was interesting to see how Alain/Lazaro's birth date was changed, even as recently as the late 1980s.

I was confused that they had his correct birthdate on one of his adoption papers (he said he never noticed it before) but yet they still made up a birthdate for his official amended birth certificate. Did they do that intentionally so he would not be found by his bio family? It seems odd that they would change it if it was already known.

So who were the people who left him in the hotel room? Was it his bio dad's family or someone else they left him with? I was confused by the events.