Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Wow, did she really? Because that not only shows a woeful misunderstanding of the environmental impact of cloth vs. disposables, it's kind of bizarre argument for someone who's supposedly a role model for the frugal life to make about driving an absurdly oversized and overpowered car that gets ~10 mpg diesel.

They are nothing if not inconsistent.

• Love 8

It's not just that they are uneducated, but that they have so little exposure to anything that they really can't comprehend what people could possibly be learning during all of the years of study.

Their kids were molested (and one was a molester, too -- so they know about that as well!)! They read the Wisdom booklets! They love Jesus! What more could they possible need to know? What could years of study and clinical practice have offered that they haven't picked up along the way (and not, of course, by reading or studying in any way)?

I really do think that they are that clueless.

This is -- to me -- one of the most horrifying aspects of this whole mess. This happened *in their own family*  and in terms of educating themselves it doesn't appear that they did more than flip through a "Wisdom" booklet.

This is a small comparison, but these are the same people who spent an afternoon with professional carpet layers so they could "learn" to lay carpet.  In an afternoon, when the carpet people have taken years to perfect their skills.  They don't need no skoolin!

• Love 6

Wow, did she really? Because that not only shows a woeful misunderstanding of the environmental impact of cloth vs. disposables, it's kind of bizarre argument for someone who's supposedly a role model for the frugal life to make about driving an absurdly oversized and overpowered car that gets ~10 mpg diesel.

Josh apparently was driving this to work in DC:

ra6lg3.jpg

• Love 1

He must have been beloved by the co-users of his office building parking garage.

I can imagine some of them casually asked him "Oh, is that the Razorbacks? Did you go to the University of Arkansas? No? Oh, so where did you get your degree?".
  • Love 12

I can imagine some of them casually asked him "Oh, is that the Razorbacks? Did you go to the University of Arkansas? No? Oh, so where did you get your degree?".

Oh yes. That happened. And they would have done it knowing he didn't have one. DC can be very snide.

(Wistful sigh)

• Love 8

I noticed that too. Ugly carpet in a dentist's office.

Nah, that's not a real dentist's office.  it's probably a friend who took a Gothard class in dentistry and set up a practice in his basement.  

• Love 19

I apologize if this has been posted. Apparently the Duggar kids are soliciting money on their You Tube site.

"In fact, the Duggars have posted a video on their YouTube account, Duggar Studios, in which they ask for fans to donate money in order for their children to be able to post more videos online. “Every contribution is helpful, big or small,” they state in the video."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2289004/the-duggar-family-moving-on-after-tlc-cancellation-19-kids-stars-asking-fans-for-money/#gR5BRtiQBVCu3C53.99

• Love 11

Shouldn't they be worried about paying bills and not about posting more videos?

These people earn a huge eye roll from me.

And why should anyone want to fund their shenanigans. I know they have their followers, but really, they made how much money and only want more? Just goes to show you what they really care about and it isn't God and Jesus

• Love 11
(edited)

I apologize if this has been posted. Apparently the Duggar kids are soliciting money on their You Tube site.

"In fact, the Duggars have posted a video on their YouTube account, Duggar Studios, in which they ask for fans to donate money in order for their children to be able to post more videos online. “Every contribution is helpful, big or small,” they state in the video."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2289004/the-duggar-family-moving-on-after-tlc-cancellation-19-kids-stars-asking-fans-for-money/#gR5BRtiQBVCu3C53.99

New low for the Duggar Family. Instead of asking for money ,they should refund us , for conning us for years 

makes sense now 

Edited by amitville
  • Love 10

Nah, that's not a real dentist's office.  it's probably a friend who took a Gothard class in dentistry and set up a practice in his basement.  

Or maybe he (deliberate choice of pronoun) watched a real dentist for an afternoon and learned all he needed to know. 

• Love 10

WTF, they think THIS is going to help them worm back into America's Jesus-lovin' heart? This leads me to believe JB really did piss away a lot of the TV money. he has before.

From P&H, looks like the money goes to Siah. That wedding aint gonna pay for itself! Run Marge, run.

CarZJyu.jpg

• Love 7

Why do they need money for Duggar Studio? I just watched a brillant film called Tangerine that was shot on an iPhone. They have iPhones and MacBooks and Internet. What else do they need?

• Love 10

Oh yes. That happened. And they would have done it knowing he didn't have one. DC can be very snide.

(Wistful sigh)

A "truck" like that wouldnt fit on an Irish road, they're more about BMWs whizzing past at 200 km/h

So how does Youtube work? Don't they get money per view if they set up that sort of account? Is there an option to make people pay to view? (Which would eventually screw them over because they would lose viewers over time without a  way to wrangle more in). Finally, what is the cost of a Youtube video? What do they need money for? Isn't it free to upload stuff?

It's strange to me to see them with instagram posts referring to money and greed.. looking at you Jessa with your handful of money instagram, and you Dullards, and you JB who made millions and have had all sorts of experiences through the generosity of TLC. How about that court case to sue whoever they are suing. Those tax free status thingys. Thieves! I tell ya, thieves.  I want in. :)

• Love 4
(edited)

"Support Duggar Studios for uploading videos to Youtube."

Dafuq?

Plenty of people have managed to create good, creative Youtube videos without that sort of budget. If the Duggars can't manage, then that's on them.

And when Youtubers DO ask for donations, at least they do it via sites like Kickstarter, where the person donating gets a little something in return. Of course the Duggars aren't going this route; the very idea of giving back to their fans is laughable. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 8

They're throwing all their grifting ideas out there to see which one sticks.

They know their fans are sheeple who are eager to do whatever it takes to support them. I guess those who will support them will fall for anything if they believe the Duggars need money to make YouTube videos. The Howlers already have more video equipment than the average YouTuber who produce professional-esque videos. Most people just use their phone.

• Love 9

Has anyone seen this video? I haven't been able to find it, however, they often make their videos "unsearchable" in YouTube, so only viewable via an embed by them.

• Love 1

Why do they need money for Duggar Studio? I just watched a brillant film called Tangerine that was shot on an iPhone. They have iPhones and MacBooks and Internet. What else do they need?

Exactly.

• Love 4
(edited)

And if you donate, you'll be in at the ground floor on what could be an entertainment-world milestone on the scale of the birth of United Artist studios! For realz! These kids are pros -- they've been walking on kitchen counters watching camera and audio people for over a decade! Link here to find out how you can pay and pray for them today!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
(edited)

What would Jesus do, Sermon on the Mount $10?  

$9.99

WTF, they think THIS is going to help them worm back into America's Jesus-lovin' heart? This leads me to believe JB really did piss away a lot of the TV money. he has before.

From P&H, looks like the money goes to Siah. That wedding aint gonna pay for itself! Run Marge, run.

CarZJyu.jpg

J & M had better rev up the salesmanship. At this rate, they'll have to find a cheaper reception venue than the parking lot and cheaper snacks than mini rootbeer floats with melted ice cream.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Doesn't Margery's family pay for the wedding? I'm sure JimBob doesn't plan to. 

I think Marge and Siah are looking to launch their entertainment career. They act! They sing! They play the piano! They dance (maybe not)! Josiah is used to being in front of the camera and Margery wants to get used to it, so they have some work to do. Dollar by dollar. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Doesn't Margery's family pay for the wedding? I'm sure JimBob doesn't plan to.

I think Marge and Siah are looking to launch their entertainment career. They act! They sing! They play the piano! They dance (maybe not)! Josiah is used to being in front of the camera and Margery wants to get used to it, so they have some work to do. Dollar by dollar.

Josiah has an addiction to bow ties. Too much is not enough.

It's all gonna end up in a "it's très jolie Josiah! Très jolie!" situation.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

J & M had better rev up the salesmanship. At this rate, they'll have to find a cheaper reception venue than the parking lot and cheaper snacks than mini rootbeer floats with melted ice cream.

"Just eat the rice off the parking lot ground!" -JB

"Transmission fluid soaked rice has lots of protein!" - Michelle

• Love 6

Josiah has an addiction to bow ties. Too much is not enough.

It's all gonna end up in a "it's très jolie Josiah! Très jolie!" situation.

I got it.    How many else did?

• Love 3
(edited)

Josh apparently was driving this to work in DC:

ra6lg3.jpg

Yes, because he needed a big ass truck to haul lots of stuff and use more gas so you can look less doughy.  You lost.  This one really pisses me off.  You know they never drive this vehicle anywhere.  It's all about Doughua feeling like a big man in his big truck.  YUCK!

I apologize if this has been posted. Apparently the Duggar kids are soliciting money on their You Tube site

I'm sorry, but damn it if even Josiah didn't lose my respect with this one.  Yes, they can earn money for each video that people click on Youtube.  They are the most self entitled bunch on the freaking planet.  I'm sorry, but in the past few days- seeing Amy asking for gifts and bitching about TLC not paying for their wedding and now the other boys asking for donations!!!  OMG.  The crap they have been filming and posting as of late, is just that- CRAP!  Why do they feel so entitled that they can post videos (that a nine year old could produce on an iPhone)  and have people donate to their lifestyle?  

What is next?  I shudder to think of the next donation site and wonder which member of the family Boob will put up to doing it. 

ETA:  I mean they don't use the truck for hauling big loads of anything- but for Josh to waste gas and drive to work.

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 11

Duggar studios barely has a fan base. Seriously - for a show with as many fans as they started with, this shows just how small their base of true fans and haters (ie, the people who will actually follow through by doing more than watching them on TV or DVRing them) is SO small. I think it also shows how much older their fan base is - a lot of people who like them are not people who are likely to be watching You Tube, but are likely to be watching Fox News (I'm talking age demographics here, not politucs) and still buying paper copies of magazines.

Even with as small of a fan base as they have, many videos have been viewed less than a handful (by YouTube standard) times.

Josiah is going to need a Plan B.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think she missed the boat.  The time is passed for the giant, cash cow registry that the girls had has passed.  No more TV show=a much small beggathon base.

My quote didn't post.  I meant Majorie and Siah.

I think she missed the boat.  The time is passed for the giant, cash cow registry that the girls had.  No more TV show=a much small beggathon base.

Add cousin Amy to this boat misser list.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8

I think she missed the boat.  The time is passed for the giant, cash cow registry that the girls had has passed.  No more TV show=a much small beggathon base.

My quote didn't post.  I meant Majorie and Siah.

Add cousin Amy to this boat misser list.

In true self-reliant, no-indebtedness-of-any-kind Duggar fashion, though, looks like they're doomed to stand a while on the dock, wondering when the love-offering vessel will arrive. In the wake of the show's closing, a pattern of behavior seems to be emerging here. I find it kind of mind-blowing, actually.

• Love 10

Donate to Josie and you'll get a handwritten letter that she licked.

OK I just straight-up cackled and my windows are wide open and I live inner city so THANKS. *listens for sirens*

I find it amazing that not one of them has realised that the ONLY way they could ever have any prayer of being successful is to distance themselves as far the hell away from this pathetic circus as possible. Questionable innate intelligence, indeed. The Duggar kids have been exposed to heathens for many, many years now--in their homes, on the stink bus, in them foreigner countries, Megyn Kelly--so someone has got to be at least questioning this bullshit by now. Come ON. It's KILLING me.

• Love 9