Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

(edited)

I already thought that Chris Hemsworth was sexy, but in Rush, the movie about Formula One racing, he's sex on a stick.  In that movie, Hemsworth proves that he's not only a great actor, between the hair, that face, those abs and that ass, he's even hotter than the cars his character drives. 

ETA Hemsworth's 31st birthday is today, and Heaven willing, he'll just keep getting hotter.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Not crushing, but I have to mention my thoughts on Chris Pratt, who, believe it or not, only really entered my radar over the last week*.  The kids and I just started watching Parks and Recreation and my son and I saw Guardians of the Galaxy today.  He's a big boy, isn't he (in the best possible way ;)?  But, instead of looking rugged like you'd expect with that physique, he's just so damn adorable.  Such a cutie. 

*I did check out his other works on IMDB and was surprised that he was in a couple of movies that I have seen, but he just didn't stand out for me at the time for whatever reason.

• Love 3

Chris Pratt has been mainly in the funny supporting character role when it comes to his movies and t.v. show roles- this is really his big leading man role. He also used to be much cushier and therefore less leading-man looking. He was basically the proverbial jock who let himself go, although in his case he did it on purpose to allow him to play the funny guy.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

I can see that in Guzman.  In interviews, he can be interesting and funny, too, which just increases the appeal. 

I have a thing for Claude Rains - another short, not particularly attractive man. And dead, to boot.  But his voice is so rich and silky, I just melt.  He was a good actor, a pleasure to watch in just about anything.  

Edited by harrie
  • Love 2
I have a thing for Claude Rains - another short, not particularly attractive man. And dead, to boot.  But his voice is so rich and silky, I just melt.  He was a good actor, a pleasure to watch in just about anything.

I don't blame you, I adore Claude Rains, too. Scarily talented, immensely charming, and he had those nice, dark eyes, too.

Another Classic Hollywood crush of mine is Ronald Colman. Those gorgeous, heart-melting brown eyes, those gray temples that would make other men just look old, but he rocked the hell out of them, that velvety voice… so dreamy.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 3

My first Classic Hollywood crush was Burt Lancaster, after I saw The Crimson Pirate. Smokin' hot, and frequently shirtless with skintight leggings, and using his circus-gymnast background very well indeed.

• Love 1
 Ever had a crush on an ugly dude?  Well, I always thought Luis Guzman was short, ugly, squat--and sexy.  There's just something about him.

Oh of course. Good looking and sexy are two TOTALLY different things.   Some men are one but not the other (e.g. I always thought Tom Cruise was conventionally handsome,  but never thought he was sexy. Someone like Eminem (what...he was in a movie! LOL) is, to me, sexy as all get-out but not particularly handsome. (I have a whole category I lovingly call "skanky-sexy"...guys like Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee (from Motley Crue)...guys that I find totally sexy but whom I'd be afraid to touch with a ten-foot pole out of general fear for my health!).  And then there are men that are both. Brad Pitt circa "Ocean's Eleven" or Jude Law circa "The Holiday" come to mind. 

• Love 4

Some men are one but not the other

That's how I feel about Jeff Goldblum (whom I mentioned a few pages ago).  Sexy as hell, but not really good looking.

(I have a whole category I lovingly call "skanky-sexy"...guys like Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee (from Motley Crue)...guys that I find totally sexy but whom I'd be afraid to touch with a ten-foot pole out of general fear for my health!).  And then there are men that are both. Brad Pitt circa "Ocean's Eleven" or Jude Law circa "The Holiday" come to mind.

Yes to all of this!  And, I know he's not a movie star, but I've always found John Mellancamp really sexy, but not really attractive. 

• Love 1

Even had a crush on an ugly dude?

Two words: Steve Buscemi. He's not movie-star hot by a long shot, but not only is he a brilliant actor and director, he's also an ex-firefighter who's been active in helping firefighters for years, especially post 9/11, proving that he's also a great human being.

If I wanted Jude Law to be crushed, does that count? The man is neither sexy nor good-looking. Ick.

To answer the first question, no. As for Law's looks and sex appeal IMO he shows both in The Talented Mr. Ripley and Cold Mountain, both of which he was Oscar-nominated for.

• Love 2

Two words: Steve Buscemi. He's not movie-star hot by a long shot, but not only is he a brilliant actor and director, he's also an ex-firefighter who's been active in helping firefighters for years, especially post 9/11, proving that he's also a great human being.

I didn't have time to reply when I saw the sexy/good looking debate yesterday, but this is the man whom I thought of as well. I like him less now after watching him on Boardwalk Empire since the character has been grating for the last few seasons. However, I remember watching Ghost World and find him way too cute, endearing and attractive in that role. He has a lot charisma in reserve for just the right roles. 

• Love 1

Cold Mountain is the one performance of Law's I actually like -- he's finally behaving like a recognizable human being. But I think Dickie Greenleaf was the least interesting thing about The Talented Mister Ripley, and it's a lazy performance from Law, if you ask me, Oscar nomination or no. But I'll move to the Stars You Can't Stand thread if I have more to say about it.

(edited)

Many of those mentioned on the crush list have also participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Some of my favorites are Hugh Jackman, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Renner, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Ansel Elgort, Robert Downey Jr., Dwayne (The Rock" Johnson, Henry Cavill, three of the four Chrises (Evans, Pratt and Hemsworth), Matt Damon and Ben Affleck with wife Jennifer Garner.

Edited by DollEyes

My "ugly dude" crush has to be Eddy Redmayne. Not good-looking at all, very skinny, but there's just something about him. Aside from Les Miserables, he was also in this indie movie with Kristen Stewart called The Yellow Hankerchief and he was just adorable it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Had to look up Eddy Redmayne because I wasn't familiar with the name, then I went "oh, it's that guy!"   Actually, I wouldn't put him in the "ugly dude" category because I think he's kinda cute.

Another ugly dude crush I have is Adrien Brody.  He could sniff half the cocaine in Colombia with that nose but I think he's hella sexy.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

Adrien Brody is unconventionally attractive, but I don't think he's ugly. Sexy for a fact.

Co-sign. Another actor who belongs in that category is Adam Driver, who's in Girls and in the new Star Wars movie. I think he's got the same unconventional sex appeal that Adrien Brody does.

I'm also among those who don't think that Eddie Redmayne's ugly. He was adorable in My Week With Marilyn, amazing in Les Miserables and if the trailer for the upcoming Stephen Hawking movie is any indication, I think there's an Oscar nomination in his future.

• Love 1

I watched World War Z last night. Yeah, not a good bedtime movie. Anyway, I'm not even into Brad Pitt like that, but his piercing blue eyes had me mesmerized. I can see why Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow fell under his spell while working with him.  Did he and Jennifer ever do a movie together?

Ugly crush...I have a thing for Tommy Lee Jones...I love his accent and he has great eyes

Not ugly. He's just intense.

--I did not kill my wife!

--I don't care.    One of the best TLJ lines ever

• Love 1

I'm a sucker for accents, so most on my list are Scottish or British:

-Ewan McGregor! I CANNOT believe no one mentioned him!

-James McAvoy

-Rob James-Collier

-Colin Firth

-David Wenham

-Matthew Macfayden

To a slightly lesser extent:

-Jeremy Northam

-Keanu Reeves

-Cary Elwes

And the classics:

-Gregory Peck

-Cary Grant

• Love 2

I'm surprised someone else knows who David Wenham is - everyone I know has no idea, even those who've seen the LOTR trilogy.  

Ewan McGregor is nice -- pretty eyes, and he kind of sings. I like him a lot. 

And Cary Grant -- well, swoon. 

My dad produced a commercial that Gregory Peck was in, and he called our house one day when I was young.  My older sister got to the phone first (we were expecting the call, and circling the phone like sharks) but said it was actually his assistant calling.   Oh, well.   Peck is Californian, but he had a wonderful voice and his diction did seem kind of accent-y. 

You've reminded me about Colm Meaney - he kind of falls into the ugly guy category as well as UK, but I really love to watch just about everything he does. 

I love Colm Meaney as Jimmy Rabbitt's dad in The Commitments: "I bet U-2 are shittin' themselves..."  And, of course, "Elvis is GOD!!"

He's such a good Everyman; he's great in The Commitments, absolutely fantastic in The Snapper, and I even like him as a baddie in Under Siege

Edited by harrie
  • Love 1

As far as crushes on the less than conventionally handsome....Danny Trejo. I didnt realize how old he is, but I've always liked him. And his work in animal rescue makes him even more appealing. I've always preferred more rugged types over the pretty boys.

• Love 1

Back to the more conventionally pretty front, IMO this list wouldn't be complete without Jared Leto. He can not only act, as he proved in My So-Called Life, Fight Club, Requiem For A Dream, Panic Room and his Oscar-winning performance in Dallas Buyers' Club, he can sing, as he's proved with his band 30 Seconds To Mars, plus at 42 he looks better than many men (and some women) half his age.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

I think my first movie star crush was Christopher Plummer in The Sound of Music. To say I was devastated when I found out that wasn't him singing would be an understatement!

Second was probably George Clooney in One Fine Day. I was not afraid of his dark chocolate layer.

Edited by purplemouth
  • Love 2

Luke Evans is looking good in all the Dracula Untold commercials I am seeing.

I have no respect for a celebrity who comes out of the closet and then dives back into it.  If he would admit to being bisexual, instead of trying to claim that he somehow became straight, then I could accept it.