Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I have no respect for a celebrity who comes out of the closet and then dives back into it.  If he would admit to being bisexual, instead of trying to claim that he somehow became straight, then I could accept it.

I think you are thinking of Scott Evans.

I don't think so. The last I heard, Scott Evans (brother of Chris) is still gay. 

It sounds more like you are talking about Luke Macfarlane.

I wasn't. The original poster was talking about Luke Evans, who, as far as I know, is no relation to Chris or Scott, nor is he openly gay, unlike Luke McFarlane.

Edited by DollEyes

Luke Evans is indeed the one who's allegedly dating women now that he's a Hollywood action star rather than a British stage actor giving an interview to The Advocate. Ironic quote from said interview: “It's not a big issue, and it's never going to be a big issue for me; whether I'm successful or if I weren't successful, at least I'll never have that skeleton in the closet they can rattle out. Y'know what I mean?”

I fell in love at the Drive In theater with Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man.  To this day he still has a certain boyinsh cuteness.  I think John Cusack looks a bit like him, so I've got a bit of a crush there, too.  I could watch The Martian Child over and over.

• Love 3

Old school, I gotta go with Paul Newman. He was beautiful.

Marlon Brando was hot as a young man as well

My old school crushes are Van Williams, John Phillip Law and David McCallum. Oh, and another NCIS alum, Mark Harmon. That man was fine back in the day and he's just gotten better looking with age.

Contemporary crushes: Robert Downey Jr, Jeremy Renner and Clive Owen. 

• Love 2

I think my first crush. Like the kind it was hard to catch my breath was Corey Haim in The Lost Boys.

Absolutely cosign Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano.

In a "he's bad so why I am I intrigued" Johnny from The Karate Kid. But more so probably Ralph Macchio. But damn, something about Johnny.

As an adult, the only thing that has come close to those crushes is Julian McMahon, but that was in Nip Tuck, not his movies. My heart be still, I've had some very bad thoughts about that man.

• Love 1

In a "he's bad so why I am I intrigued" Johnny from The Karate Kid. But more so probably Ralph Macchio. But damn, something about Johnny.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you're referring to the blond guy who was the main nemesis - I know exactly what you mean.  I thought Ralph Macchio was cute, and certainly cheered him on, but I don't recall thinking he was crushworthy.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you're referring to the blond guy who was the main nemesis

His name is Billy Zabka and he actually made the blond asshole jock a trope in the '80s. If you wanted to see him play a non-asshole, he was Edward Woodward's son on the TV Show The Equalizer.

I think my first crush. Like the kind it was hard to catch my breath was Corey Haim in The Lost Boys.

Absolutely cosign Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano.

As an adult, the only thing that has come close to those crushes is Julian McMahon, but that was in Nip Tuck, not his movies. My heart be still, I've had some very bad thoughts about that man.

Damn straight, something about Johnny, I loved William Zabka!  He was a bad boy with a last scene redemption arc.  The other Karate Kid movies sucked without him.

Damn straight, something about Johnny, I loved William Zabka!  He was a bad boy with a last scene redemption arc.  The other Karate Kid movies sucked without him.

I didn't have a thing for Johnny or Daniel, but the Asian bad guy in part 2, and both of the bad guys in part 3 were hot. Especially Thomas Ian Griffith. So hot.

Vince Vaughn

I think he could show a girl a good time.

He's played plenty of characters in general and in Swingers in particular who think that he can show girls a good time, but it was Jon Favreau's character in that movie who was truly crush worthy for me and has been ever since, especially as Happy the Bodyguard in the Iron Man movies.

• Love 2

Thomas Ian Griffith & Sean Kanan were the only good things about Karate Kid 3 - needed the pretty to combat the horrible that was that movie (I still can't believe I paid money to see it in the theater)

Two that I have crushed on since I was a teenager are Tim Matheson (Hello Otter) & Sam Elliott - and they both still look good to this day (it doesn't even bother me that both are almost the same age as my parents)

I also think that Sebastian Stan is gorgeous (and super sweet) & I also adore Charlie Hunnam, James McAvoy & Theo James

• Love 1

DollEyes, I like Favreau too, he's a great storyteller.  If you haven't seen Chef, which Favreau wrote/directed/starred in, check it out.  I saw it in the theater, but it comes out on DVD, etc. tomorrow.   I liked it a lot.  

Billy Zabka!  I didn't do the Karate Kid movies, but I do know him from Back to School.  He reminds me of an evil Vincent Van Patten (to go way, way back in Tiger Beat years).  

Edited because just how many times to I have to mention I saw Chef in the theater? 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 1

There is an actor Stephen Dorff that not many people know. Underrated actor who did some mainstream work in the past but now seems to be cast in more independent or B movies. Anyways, I find him extremely sexy.

Yeah, me too. He's hot. He did that Ecig commercial where he tried to be cool on a beach and it kind of turned me off a tad. Not the cig part, how damn cool he acted.

William Baldwin in Flatliners kind of did it for me.

Ryan Phillipe in Cruel Intentions.

Girl crush. I went see the Adam Sandler movie Click on a date. I didn't know her, but was mesmerized by how beautiful I found Kate Beckinsale to be. I don't remember just staring at a girl thinking "wow" until then.

There is an actor Stephen Dorff that not many people know. Underrated actor who did some mainstream work in the past but now seems to be cast in more independent or B movies. Anyways, I find him extremely sexy.

It makes me sad Stephen Dorff is in the realm of "someone people might not know", because I loved him. He was so fucking hot in the Blade era.

Stephen Dorff is one of those people that has always been beautiful. I remember seeing him on an episode of Roseanne when he was a teenager, presumably, and he still looked gorgeous.

• Love 2
Guest Accused Dingo

I am very vague with my movie star crushes. British dudes (long standing crush on Patrick Stewart and Anthony Stewat Head) and chicks with red hair (Marsha Cross is hot).

For Ben Affleck fans, I just read this today about Gone Girl (It's not really a spoiler, but I'm going to put it there, just in case)

We get full frontal nudity from him. Personally, I'd prefer it from behind, but I'm not going to complain ;)

Call me shallow and childish, but I'm a bit giddy over it, especially since he's probably been in Batman training for a while now. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2

For Ben Affleck fans, I just read this today about Gone Girl (it's not really a spoiler, but I'm going to put it there, just in case)

We get full-frontal nudity from him. Personally, I'd prefer it from behind, but I'm not going to complain ;)

Unfortunately, it's just a brief side shot and it's in the shadows.

I don't give a flying fig about who he dated or is dating. Whether he is/was gay, straight or bi-sexual and is denying it all. But I will say Luke Evans was all kinds of hot in Dracula: Untold.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

Tom Hardy!!

I first saw him in a Masterpiece Theatre movie about Elizabeth I, The Virgin Queen (I think) on Netflix. He played Lord Robert Dudley *swoon*. I've seen him in This Means War with Chris Pine (also hot) and other lesser known films and dude can act. He's also in a Masterpiece Theatre's Wuthering Heights which is also available on Netfix.  Whether he's built or a bit more on the skinny side, he's gorgeous and incredibly talented. Love the accent as well.

(edited)

Don't forget Warrior and Bronson, both of which featured Hardy in various ( and delicious) states of undress.

As for Luke Evans, while he maylook hot, his allegedly being a closet case is a definite turn-off for me.

Yeah, [Jared Leto's] bathing in the blood of young virgins or some such hoodoo. A day-walking vampire is a possibility.

Or he's got a self-portrait rotting in an attic, ala Dorian Gray.

Edited by DollEyes

Never saw the movie, but the poster for This Means War makes me swoon. Just wish Reese Witherspoon wasn't in it.

That's because of Tom Hardy & Chris Pine to a lesser extent. I posted Tom Hardy as my crush further up in the thread.

Edited by turbogirlnyc

The shirt-throwing scene in The Great Gatsby is probably the most charm I've seen Leo display since Catch Me as You Can. It was a nice glimpse into the charm that made Leo such a teen idol back in the 90's- given that most of the time in his current career stage he's more smarmy or a heavy.

Edited by methodwriter85

Bumping it up with news that Chris Pratt and Ansel Elgort are among those on the covers of GQ's annual "Men Of the Year" issue and that CP's one of the front-runners for People Magazine's annual "Sexist Man Alive."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

My first movie star crush was Robert Redford.  Not sure what it was, but there was something about him that made me swoon.  Sam Elliott with his voice and looks ranks up there as well.  Pierce Brosnan and Paul Gross fall into the sexy, sensual, good looking and tall men category for me and both have aged very well.

More current crushes include :  Luke Evans - who it appears no longer has to deny a part of his life, Francois Arnaud (as someone else mentioned), Marc-Andre Grondin, Matthew Macfadyen, James McAvoy and Lee Pace.

• Love 1

Bumping it up with news that Chris Pratt and Ansel Elgort are among those on the covers of GQ's annual "Men Of the Year" issue and that CP's one of the front-runners for People Magazine's annual "Sexist Man Alive."

Liam Hemsworth's got it, which is deserved, although I really did love the hell out of Ansel Elgort's Augustus Waters.

• Love 1

I'm not a Hemsworth fan nor hater because I don't really know his work, only that he dated Miley Cyrus; and anyone can make a mistake. Just kidding.  But I liked his reaction that was all over the news where he thanked is parents for putting this  - gesturing generally towards himself -- all together.  At least in that clip, he didn't treat being purty like a huge personal accomplishment. 

DollEyes, I love your "Sexist Man Alive" typo and hope you wrote it that way intentionally. 

Actually, it's Chris Hemsworth who got Sexiest Man Alive.  I'm so looking forward to that issue  :)

In honor of this, I have to give Chris Hemsworth a mention as one of my crushes. I don't even like blondes, but that man had to have been made in a movie star lab. Tall, buff, blue eyes, hot accent, and brimming with charisma. It's just a shame IMO his brother Liam didn't get any of the charisma or talent, but Thank God for Chris.

• Love 5