Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E23: Unseen Moments Special

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Oof. I'm like, five minutes in, and already saw more than enough. Sophia being a demon, and Tyler starting to cry over a video of himself that he made for Catelynn (but it's obvious he's crying since he thinks he's the best husband in the entire world?)

• Love 5

Wow- Farrah couldn't be anymore up her own ass.

When the poor producer was trying to explain to her that Simon just wanted to make sure that she wasn't dead, she actually said that if she died, it would be national news!! I actually laughed out loud. And she called Simon delusional!!

She really believes she's that important, she's batshit crazy. I'm truly beginning to wonder if she's even stable enough to take care of that creepy little brat.

I'm glad Amber seems to have gotten her shit together. But is it me or does she seem snobby too? Obviously she's not crazy like Farrah but she seems to act smug. She has no reason to act like she's better than anyone. Her boyfriend is a money grubbing deadbeat Dad.

I know a lot of people don't share my opinion, but I like Maci. She's a good Mom & she's tried to make her life better for her & her kids. I don't always like the way she acts- but I don't always like the way ANY of the moms act on TM or TM2. No one's perfect.

• Love 3

The show was a snooze, but worth it for the picture they posted of the crew at Farrah's house posing next to the port-o-potty - and I'm pretty sure they were all wearing big, fake, red lips (mocking her, I'm guessing). They must all despise her!!

• Love 7

Oof. I'm like, five minutes in, and already saw more than enough. Sophia being a demon, and Tyler starting to cry over a video of himself that he made for Catelynn (but it's obvious he's crying since he thinks he's the best husband in the entire world?)

As soon as I saw his mug, I  fast-forwarded through the segment. ENOUGH TYLER ALREADY! 

• Love 1

Wow- Farrah couldn't be anymore up her own ass.

When the poor producer was trying to explain to her that Simon just wanted to make sure that she wasn't dead, she actually said that if she died, it would be national news!! I actually laughed out loud. And she called Simon delusional!!

She really believes she's that important, she's batshit crazy. I'm truly beginning to wonder if she's even stable enough to take care of that creepy little brat.

I'm glad Amber seems to have gotten her shit together. But is it me or does she seem snobby too? Obviously she's not crazy like Farrah but she seems to act smug. She has no reason to act like she's better than anyone. Her boyfriend is a money grubbing deadbeat Dad.

I know a lot of people don't share my opinion, but I like Maci. She's a good Mom & she's tried to make her life better for her & her kids. I don't always like the way she acts- but I don't always like the way ANY of the moms act on TM or TM2. No one's perfect.

Maci is a terrible piece of shit person. Too dumb to know she was pregnant for 21 weeks, had no prenatal care and drank alcohol. That's being pretty much the worst mom ever.

• Love 3

I don't like Maci, but prior to a month ago, I would have agreed she's a decent mom. Taking shots at 15 weeks though? If she were MAYBE 10 weeks or less I might buy that she didn't know, but second trimester with two pregnancies already completed? That's hard to imagine. While I did not drink while pregnant, I have had a few friends who were told by their OBs they could have an occasional glass of wine while pregnant and I did not judge them for it. But taking multiple shots in the second trimester would not be condoned by anyone.

• Love 5

Did Amber seriously say that her and MATT eventually want another baby!?!?!

The dude hasn't taken care of the other 7-8-9 idk how many abandoned kids as it is!! Helping Matt bring another human being into the world will be the stupidest move on Ambers part because he's NOT A GOOD DAD!!

I don't care if he's good to Leah. It's easy being a step-dad to a kid that's only over the house each weekend. It's harder RAISING a child, diapers, feeding, clothing and guiding them to make the right decisions. You know, parent! Something that is foreign to Johnny Appleseed "Matt" teen mom moocher.

Disgusted.

I apologize for my rant but hearing that Matt is wanting another baby made me feel sick and I'm sure his plethora of kids watching the show are feeling the same. "What about us dad? You have seven of us already and don't take care of us but want another?"

Rant over. :-(

• Love 11

Sophia as dragon = terrifying. Has anyone else noticed that she seems to like to pretend a lot?  I mean, I have 3 kids, I know that imagination is normal and a good thing. But I feel like we hardly ever see her being Sophia. She's always "being" some other creature. Maybe a defense mechanism of some sort? 

Although, I have no idea what will defend her from being smashed to pieces as she gyrates in the backseat, sans seat belt, while Farrah checks her phone. Horrifying. 

LOL, then we have Heather chasing down Farrah because Simon is terrified she's dead. Suuuuure. She probably paid him to act all dramatic and get more air time. "If I died, it would be on the national news". How about no. 

I love how she has no shame about being a disrespectful brat to her parents. She's all, "Nope". Don't care. Deborah I could maybe understand, but Michael always seems so nice and helpful to her. Maybe that's the problem. Dude needs to grow a backbone. 

LARRY. DANCING. WAS. EVERYTHING. 

Yea, sure, Maci had never even touched alcohol by the time she got knocked up. Okay. Right. I guess she's sure making up for it now! Oh, and I love how their little tailgating party was the first time they'd had a break in MONTHS. Oh, you mean except for Vegas? And mud runs? 

Matt being soooo amused by farts would be a sure sign that I should find someone else, if I were Amber. Wow. Is he eight? 

I loved FLOVED when Gary knew Amber was waiting outside and sat Leah down to go over her spelling. Hahahahafuckingha! If it were anyone else, I'd call Gary out on his passive aggressive crap. But I'm sorry, I got great joy out of that moment. 

Catelynn and Tyler are boring, as always. But I found it funny that she was so thrilled to have central air in their hotel room. 

The final discussion about baby plans was scary. Matt should never EVER consider fathering another child. Ever. And no woman should be party to that. Maci hemming and hawing about someday, whilst trying to cover her baby bump, was ridiculous. 

• Love 9

I have tried to be happy for Amber, but I haven't seen anything that screams she's really changed or does anything to improve herself. When she got out of jail, all we heard about was how great Gary was with Leah, he was a wonderful father! Now since dating Matt, Gary is fake, a horrible fake father, a horrible fake person! Amber rewrites her history whenever it's in her or Matt's best interest. Sick of her and her boyfriend!

• Love 9

Maci sitting on that couch as contorted as possible while answering the question about having more kids...priceless.

Dumb ass

Gosh, watching Maci contort to cover her stomach was so funny. Ambie looks half asleep the whole time. On to Janelle, Leah, the Hulk and Chesley now.

She looked so uncomfortable it made me snicker. Even my husband wondered who she thought she was fooling?

• Love 2

Sophia as dragon = terrifying. Has anyone else noticed that she seems to like to pretend a lot?  I mean, I have 3 kids, I know that imagination is normal and a good thing. But I feel like we hardly ever see her being Sophia. She's always "being" some other creature. Maybe a defense mechanism of some sort? 

Although, I have no idea what will defend her from being smashed to pieces as she gyrates in the backseat, sans seat belt, while Farrah checks her phone. Horrifying. 

LOL, then we have Heather chasing down Farrah because Simon is terrified she's dead. Suuuuure. She probably paid him to act all dramatic and get more air time. "If I died, it would be on the national news". How about no. 

I love how she has no shame about being a disrespectful brat to her parents. She's all, "Nope". Don't care. Deborah I could maybe understand, but Michael always seems so nice and helpful to her. Maybe that's the problem. Dude needs to grow a backbone. 

LARRY. DANCING. WAS. EVERYTHING. 

Yea, sure, Maci had never even touched alcohol by the time she got knocked up. Okay. Right. I guess she's sure making up for it now! Oh, and I love how their little tailgating party was the first time they'd had a break in MONTHS. Oh, you mean except for Vegas? And mud runs? 

Catelynn and Tyler are boring, as always. But I found it funny that she was so thrilled to have central air in their hotel room. 

Bolding mine.

I am assuming Michigan climate might be similar to mine (Seattle, WA). Literally no one has A/C here because it isn't hot for any real length of time. Houses here are never built with it. I get excited like Caitlynn when I'm at a hotel with A/C...lol

• Love 2

I didn't watch this season of this show but did wind up watching the Unseen Moments last night. It looks like Farrah uses the same 'how not to treat your dog' book as Jenelle. She said she has 4? or 5? dogs and all of them are locked in tiny cages on the porch. Hasn't she had a different dog/dogs every time we see her?

• Love 2

It likely says something about me that I care more about how these people treat their pets than their kids, but...  I'm so disgusted by most of them as pet owners.  Farrah keeping all those dogs in cages on the patio in Texas.  Dumb bitch.   Jenelle keeping her dogs in cages in a hot garage and shooting off fireworks to purposely scare them. Tyler (at minimum) verbally abusive to the dogs on camera,  Amber, with her puppy breeding ground.  If you don't LOVE pets, do NOT have them, it's simple.

The only ones I don't give a side eye to are Maci & Chelsea (and Chelsea's certainly come a long way).  Kailyn/Jo have been better of late too, not sure how many they still have.   

Edited by snarts
  • Love 11

Farrah sitting on her fake ass blowing off the dangers of feeding chicken bones to dogs because wild dogs eat meat wilh bones  really pissed me off.  One of my dogs has cancer and I would do anything to keep him healthy and safe.  Watching these idiots neglect and abuse their animals really struck a nerve with me.

• Love 11

Farrah doesn't subscribe to the "Dogs are for life" philosophy.  She's more of a "I can just toss this aside when it no longer amuses me" mindset.

I didn't watch this season of this show but did wind up watching the Unseen Moments last night. It looks like Farrah uses the same 'how not to treat your dog' book as Jenelle. She said she has 4? or 5? dogs and all of them are locked in tiny cages on the porch. Hasn't she had a different dog/dogs every time we see her?

• Love 2

Farrah sitting on her fake ass blowing off the dangers of feeding chicken bones to dogs because wild dogs eat meat wilh bones  really pissed me off.  One of my dogs has cancer and I would do anything to keep him healthy and safe.  Watching these idiots neglect and abuse their animals really struck a nerve with me.

I was curious about that - I don't have a dog but I always thought (like Micheal)  you weren't supposed to give dogs chicken bones because they split so easily into sharp pieces; that you have to take the chicken off the bone.   And those cages looked pretty tiny to spend the day  (because you know she left them in there all day) outside, in Texas where it was warm enough that Deborah was wearing flip flops.    

Anyway, for someone that "can't stand mess" and flipped the eff out on her father for leaving dishes in the sink - while he was babysitting her kid no doubt - I was surprised she said she had so many dogs.  Now Amber's house probably already smells bad from Matt (doesn't he just look like he smells?) so what's a half dozen dogs using your floor for a bathroom. 

• Love 1

I was curious about that - I don't have a dog but I always thought (like Micheal)  you weren't supposed to give dogs chicken bones because they split so easily into sharp pieces; that you have to take the chicken off the bone.   And those cages looked pretty tiny to spend the day  (because you know she left them in there all day) outside, in Texas where it was warm enough that Deborah was wearing flip flops.    

Anyway, for someone that "can't stand mess" and flipped the eff out on her father for leaving dishes in the sink - while he was babysitting her kid no doubt - I was surprised she said she had so many dogs.  Now Amber's house probably already smells bad from Matt (doesn't he just look like he smells?) so what's a half dozen dogs using your floor for a bathroom. 

Dogs are only supposed to have raw bones, preferably beef bones. They're bigger and don't splinter like smaller bones do. Once bones are cooked, they splinter like crazy. But, even if 27 vets looked Farrah in her surgically altered, over made up eyes and told her that, she'd call them fucking liars and accuse them of verbally abusing her. 

• Love 8

The way Tyler was eating during the breakfast scene in Hawaii was disgusting. Ask your Instagram followers for some tips on table manners, dude. OTOH, I loved that the producers had clearly asked them to talk about visiting Hawaii with Nova someday, and they had the talk and agreed they weren't interested in bringing her (at least for the next decade).

I also think Catelynn is the first mom to not know the right things to say on camera IRT mothering. Leaving the baby inside to cry for ten minutes while you take a cigarette break?! Complaining about how the baby needs attention? No... Lol. Even Amber knows how to spout meaningless platitudes about Boo Boo.

The pet thing makes me angry. I grew up before "crating" was a trend, and never saw dogs in tiny cages outside of pet stores and the animal shelter. If you have a bunch of animals in cages, and they're not house trained, etc, then you have too many pets. I also think Amber has the potential to become an animal hoarder.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 5

The way Tyler was eating during the breakfast scene in Hawaii was disgusting.

I

That was the only thing I could focus on in that scene. Eating with his mouth wide open and talking with a full (overfilled) mouth made me physically sick. Why wouldn't Caitlynn at least say something? Ick.

• Love 3

The show was a snooze, but worth it for the picture they posted of the crew at Farrah's house posing next to the port-o-potty - and I'm pretty sure they were all wearing big, fake, red lips (mocking her, I'm guessing). They must all despise her!!

I had to pause the DVR to look at that picture and laugh. To me they appeared to have red lipstick smeared all around their mouth and were making exaggerated duck lips, one of the guys also had his tank top pulled down on one side to reveal a band aid covered nipple.

I had no idea there were that many people involved in filming a single storyline though. It kills me to agree with Farrah, but that many men using my bathroom all day sounds gross and I sure wouldn't want to clean it.

• Love 1

Raw chicken bones are fine for dogs. They're actually good for them but raw only. I keep a bag of frozen chicken parts in my freezer and give them to my dogs, they love them and they're vet approved. I hate defending her but in this case, if the bones were raw it was OK.

I had to pause the DVR to look at that picture and laugh. To me they appeared to have red lipstick smeared all around their mouth and were making exaggerated duck lips, one of the guys also had his tank top pulled down on one side to reveal a band aid covered nipple.

Yes, you're right - it looks like smeared red lipstick on exaggerated duck lips. I'm kind of shocked that they included it in the special. I could see a crew member posting it on his or her Facebook page, or passing it around privately, but for the producers to show it on tv, right after a clip of Farrah being her usual obnoxious self??!! I mean - that's the show openly mocking her! It's one thing when they show videos of the other girls making fun of Farrah, like the one Caitlyn apologized for last week, but the producers?! Even Heather - the producer that seems so sympathetic to "Far-Bear" and "Ambi" - joined in on the mocking. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% on their side and would have been posing front and center myself, but I was just shocked to see the pic in the special last night. I think they all really hate her, and do things like the picture, and the original leaked story about the port-o-potty, just to show Ms. Diva they have the upper hand.

• Love 3

Raw chicken bones are fine for dogs. They're actually good for them but raw only. I keep a bag of frozen chicken parts in my freezer and give them to my dogs, they love them and they're vet approved. I hate defending her but in this case, if the bones were raw it was OK.

They weren't. It looked like a KFC chicken leg. 

• Love 3

There were a few moments where I caught both Amber and Farrah giving the side-eye to Maci's belly.  I don't recall the exact circumstance (and I already deleted this off my DVR), but I actually rewound it to make sure I was seeing correctly.  They were addressing Maci, and at the last minute before the camera panned away they both noticeably looked down at her stomach.  She ain't fooling anyone.

I loved Maci's response about having more kids.  If she was like "yeah, I'd love more kids" than it would be pretty obvious that she was lying about "not knowing" about being pregnant.  If she said "no, I'm done" then she'd look EXTRA stupid getting knocked up a third time unplanned.  So she was stuck with "um, maybe?  I think so, but maybe not.  I don't know..."

• Love 4

I don't understand all of the pets either.  Farrah says she travels a lot and doesn't like messes--so why does she have dogs exactly?  And multiples of them--far more than most dog owners have?  

Amber's house is just gross with her animal habitat (not the animals, but how she is unable to keep up with it all).

Farrah looks so odd trying to be "normal" on these shows.  When she says something like she wants a boy and a girl because Sophia wants a brother and sister, you sit there and wonder who she is having these children with?  And how would she handle having 2 more kids?

• Love 4

Oof. I'm like, five minutes in, and already saw more than enough. Sophia being a demon

I only made it through the first segment. I saw Sophia asking MULTIPLE times not to be filmed, and the crew following her around, even opening doors to go after her. That's not demon behavior to me, it's a disgusting way to treat a child that did not sign up the worst moments of her life to be immortalized.

• Love 6

They weren't. It looked like a KFC chicken leg. 

That's what it looked like to me.  The whole extended scene pissed me off to no end.  Four dogs in crates that they can barely turn around in.  Debra scolding one of them for peeing on her, as if the dog had a choice of location.  Farrah tossing an entire fried chicken leg into a cage for a tiny puppy to somehow figure out how to eat, because "that's how dogs in the wild do it."  What is the point of having one dog, let alone four, if all you do is keep them in birdcages on your patio?  If you're too busy to housetrain dogs, don't fucking own them.  Problem solved.   

Omg I'm so not paying $2.99 to listen to Matt talk about farts!

Would it sweeten the deal to know he also talks about carrying dog shit in his (bare) hands?

What must that carpet smell like if they allow their pets to use it as a public restroom?

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 5

My dog had a little accident yesterday morning on my bedroom carpet. I was almost late to work because I had to clean it up, because there was NO WAY I was going to leave it all day while we were at work. I swear I could still smell it last night when I got home, and I have a carpet steamer. So I can only imagine how horrible Matt and Amber's home smells from all the dog feces (AND it's a rental!!_

• Love 5

I wanted to jump through my TV and clock Tyler in the nose when he kept going on about having another baby soon while Cate said things like "hello no" and was obviously shooting it down.

That's all.

Amber: I wouldn't delete anything from Teen Mom... since Leah was sitting there and couldn't say "hitting Gary that set me on a spiral towards jail"

I hate how they were all like "oh no, I would not delete anything because it made me who I am today blah blah." Okay, whatever, I get that BUT there's some embarrassing and hurtful things I did as a teen that I damn straight would "delete" from my life if I could, or at least delete from TV if my life was televised. I feel like it's such a cop out to go to the "Everything made me who I am and I learned from it" line right away. Own up to your shit. At least Ryan was honest and said he wishes he could delete lots of stuff, like the time he made pregnant Maci get out and check his tire. At least he has some self-awareness/responsibility for his crappy actions in the past and will admit to it (even though I'm not sure I buy his claims that he really doesn't watch the show....although sometimes I have trouble staying awake for it so maybe the perpetually-tired Ryan has this problem too). Amber could have said she was sorry she hit Gary and that she spent several seasons high as a kite immortalized for her child to see forever. Damn, I'd want to delete that if I was her. Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

I don't like Maci, but prior to a month ago, I would have agreed she's a decent mom. Taking shots at 15 weeks though? If she were MAYBE 10 weeks or less I might buy that she didn't know, but second trimester with two pregnancies already completed? That's hard to imagine. While I did not drink while pregnant, I have had a few friends who were told by their OBs they could have an occasional glass of wine while pregnant and I did not judge them for it. But taking multiple shots in the second trimester would not be condoned by anyone.

I kind of forgot that she was pregnant when she was taking those shots

Did she know that she was pregnant?

Edited by anarchyangel84
  • Love 2

I was told by my vet not to give bones to my dog at all because raw or cooked, they're a choking hazard. They also splinter. He told us about a patient he recently had that died because his owner gave him a chicken bone. It splintered, & when the dog swallowed it, it cut the dogs stomach. After that story, I obviously stopped giving my dog bones.

But then my Mom talks about how when she was young, they'd give her dogs any bones they'd have from their dinner. Nothing ever happened to them. Raw is definitely better than cooked- but I don't think any of them are good.

I doubt Farrah would care either way though. She's an evil bitch.

• Love 3

At least Ryan was honest and said he wishes he could delete lots of stuff, like the time he made pregnant Maci get out and check his tire. At least he has some self-awareness/responsibility for his crappy actions in the past and will admit to it (even though I'm not sure I buy his claims that he really doesn't watch the show....although sometimes I have trouble staying awake for it so maybe the perpetually-tired Ryan has this problem too). 

I loved Ryan's face at that question, like there was no way he could possibly remember and say all the things he wish weren't on camera. I know people think he's drugged, but I think that's just his personality. And it takes a lot to admit that, yeah, I can't believe I did X or Y and I wish that I hadn't. Yes, all the things you've done, good and bad, make you who you are, but sometimes you still want to change them because of how they made other people feel. And isn't that part of growing up and learning lessons? Regret means you feel bad about something and wish you hadn't done it, it's ok to regret things.

I was told by my vet not to give bones to my dog at all because raw or cooked, they're a choking hazard. They also splinter. He told us about a patient he recently had that died because his owner gave him a chicken bone. It splintered, & when the dog swallowed it, it cut the dogs stomach. After that story, I obviously stopped giving my dog bones.

But then my Mom talks about how when she was young, they'd give her dogs any bones they'd have from their dinner. Nothing ever happened to them. Raw is definitely better than cooked- but I don't think any of them are good.

I doubt Farrah would care either way though. She's an evil bitch.

We've also given dogs bones and never had an issue (mostly cooked -- the bones from beef ribs generally). Doctors/vets/etc. can't really say that "it's probably not a problem" because they may open themselves up to liability (even though it would still probably be fine and likely not result in an actual medical malpractice suit, which are hard to sustain and generally nonexistent, and it's medical/malpractice insurance companies that really want to push the idea that suing doctors is such a huge issue, especially in states with tort reform but thats another story). It's also why we are told "no alcohol at all" or "no caffeine at all" or "no sushi at all" while pregnant, when you can point to places around the world that do all those things, just in moderation. It probably won't be an issue at all, just like giving a bone probably isn't a problem, but everyone has that one story about that one person one time who did that bad thing that you aren't supposed to do, and now they tut tut at anyone letting their kid walk to school alone or ride a bike without wearing their helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and personal safety bubbles.

• Love 5

I kind of forgot that she was pregnant when she was taking those shots

Did she know that she was pregnant?

She claims she didn't know she was pregnant until 21 weeks which makes her a moron and a terrible mother as well.

• Love 8

Dogs became our pets thousands of years ago solely to eat our discarded bones. They'll be okay.

It's almost a metaphor for Matt. When there are no more bones for him, he doggies over to the next campsite.

• Love 6

She claims she didn't know she was pregnant until 21 weeks which makes her a moron and a terrible mother as well.

I think she always knew. Which makes her a moron and a terrible mother as well...

• Love 6

I had no idea there were that many people involved in filming a single storyline though. It kills me to agree with Farrah, but that many men using my bathroom all day sounds gross and I sure wouldn't want to clean it.

There is ZERO chance that Farrah cleans her own bathroom.

• Love 5