Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E10: The Women Tell All

• Start Topic

I agree with your first paragraphs but I just can't blame the show for presenting Lauren as sweet and JoJo as sexual.  I think JoJo presents  herself that way.  On her first date with Ben she wore the "almost falling off," black top and almost everything else she wore seemed intended to show off her implants.  I say implants because, on another site one of her tenants said that she likes to joke that her rent paid for them, because she saw the change from one month to the next. Nothing against her choice but if she was willing to undergo major surgery to make her secondary sexual characteristics twice the size of normal -- she probably wants to be seen as sexy.    She's also the one who likes to greet Ben with the  leg wrap hug.  Not exactly demure.

I think it's sort of telling that Ben's oh-so-Christian parents prefer the woman with the wine swilling mother who looks like a veteran of Real Housewives of Vegas, the loud mouth brothers who seem to have styled themselves after the Mafia movies and the house with the furnishings that reminded me of "Married to the Mob," when the wife waves her hand around the gaudy furnishings and says,  "Everything here fell off the back of a truck."  Ben may pray over turtles with Lauren but I think maybe he's influenced by all that money and the prospect of selling million dollar properties instead of software. 

If Ben picks JoJo that's fine, there's nothing  wrong with her, and I agree that he is more relaxed with her -- but it would mean to me that the man he is when he's with Lauren is not his authentic self.

I completely agree with this last sentence, and am sympathetic to the observation that Jojo has chosen a sexy way to present herself. It's not all editing.

Where I do disagree is that, if Ben were to pick Jojo, "maybe he's influenced by all that money and the prospect of selling million dollar properties instead of software." A couple people have made observations of this type. I don't see the need to throw in any ulterior motives. Jojo and Ben have a strong connection.

For better or for worse, men sometimes choose the "sexy" girl to marry over the "nice" girl. And there's nothing wrong or suspect about that. Just because Jojo has had a boob job doesn't mean that she's automatically anathema to a Christian household or way of life.

Edited by DriveInSaturday
  • Love 3

You have your bachelors confused. Ben lives and works in Denver, a fantastic place to live, so many options ... for EVERYTHING.

He'll drag her back to Warsaw, Ind, is what I meant.  :-)   I myself would love to live in Denver!  

It's Chris Soules who has a house outside a farm town so small there isn't even a stop sign. And Des Moines is NOT full of "farm girls." Des Moines is a major city, and finding a woman there who wants to be isolated in the middle of nowhere corn fields is pretty much impossible and not any more likely than finding one in LA.   

Both sides of my family are from Iowa and one grandfather was a farmer, along with many relatives.  There are plenty of fantastic women in Iowa and the surrounding states who would be happy to be married to a fun-loving, wealthy, land-rich Iowa farmboy.    (They can travel if they feel penned in at times.)  

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 2

I think the original post wasn't confusing Bachelors, I think the small town comment about Ben was a reference to Warsaw. I know he doesn't live there now, but so many people end up going back to where they came from.

Precisely. That is the last thing Ben needs to do if (and that's a big if) he marries his F1. Even if you give his mother the benefit of the doubt and say she wasn't aware the show would air her stating her preference I still think she would try to be way to involved in his marriage. 

There's nothing wrong with having a close relationship with your parents but Ben's with his mother seems to almost border on the unhealthy. Odd that they haven't shown much of the father's opinion. Makes me think the mother just kind of takes the lead. Which reinforces my view that she is a domineering personality.

So yes I think Ben needs to cut the apron strings and settle with his wife a nice comfortable distance away from momma.

• Love 1

I don't see Ben ever moving back to Indiana, although what do I know, I only see him on a heavily edited fake reality show. He might drag his missus back to the Midwest for family holidays, but I'd think he'd be tempted to keep his job and career. There is a reason he lives in Denver and NOT Indiana now. Although he is the one who said he would be open to moving to Texas to fit in with JoJo's family, right? I think that was JoJo's parents he said that to.

Who knows.

I can throw a rock and hit Iowa, plus I've dated farmers and I live on a farm myself. Finding a compatible person to marry isn't any easier for us than for people living in the Chicago Loop or off Hollywood Boulevard. And the definition of "fantastic woman" varies according to the person doing the evaluating. 

Anyone who thinks they can find their perfect mate just by walking around their town or going to church or visiting the next city (or going on a reality show!), please send me your magic wand. I can really use it.

• Love 6

Whatevs, Saber.  :-)   I didn't know you were a fellow Midwesterner!   Time will tell who Chris finds.  I wish you the best finding someone, too.  I agree that it is always a challenge, wherever you live!!   I live in Florida and I'm having trouble myself.  

• Love 2

I agree with your first paragraphs but I just can't blame the show for presenting Lauren as sweet and JoJo as sexual.  I think JoJo presents  herself that way.  On her first date with Ben she wore the "almost falling off," black top and almost everything else she wore seemed intended to show off her implants.  I say implants because, on another site one of her tenants said that she likes to joke that her rent paid for them, because she saw the change from one month to the next. Nothing against her choice but if she was willing to undergo major surgery to make her secondary sexual characteristics twice the size of normal -- she probably wants to be seen as sexy.    She's also the one who likes to greet Ben with the  leg wrap hug.  Not exactly demure.

I think it's sort of telling that Ben's oh-so-Christian parents prefer the woman with the wine swilling mother who looks like a veteran of Real Housewives of Vegas, the loud mouth brothers who seem to have styled themselves after the Mafia movies and the house with the furnishings that reminded me of "Married to the Mob," when the wife waves her hand around the gaudy furnishings and says,  "Everything here fell off the back of a truck."  Ben may pray over turtles with Lauren but I think maybe he's influenced by all that money and the prospect of selling million dollar properties instead of software. 

If Ben picks JoJo that's fine, there's nothing  wrong with her, and I agree that he is more relaxed with her -- but it would mean to me that the man he is when he's with Lauren is not his authentic self.

I still don't know if they're implants--like I said, my friend who's a nurse and has seen plenty of fake boobs says that the way they jiggled when she was woken up early that one morning is a sure sign they're real.  Plus her mom has huge ones.  I think someone needs to ask Ben.  Perhaps a tweet?  Any takers?

I don't think his parents have any idea of the freakshow that is JoJo's family, only what Ben told them.  Being a guy, I doubt he mentioned the furnishings and plastic surgery to them.  I don't think he saw the wine-swilling, but I could be wrong.

I'm ok with him picking either one, but think he'll be happier with Lauren in the long run (like the growing old together part).  Do we have any idea what JoJo's religious affiliation or views are?  Because he'll definitely want a woman to go to his megachurch and go on missions with joy in her heart.  Count me out there.  Sorry, Ben!

• Love 1

I still don't know if they're implants--like I said, my friend who's a nurse and has seen plenty of fake boobs says that the way they jiggled when she was woken up early that one morning is a sure sign they're real.  Plus her mom has huge ones.  I think someone needs to ask Ben.  Perhaps a tweet?  Any takers?

Based on the side-boob view in her string bikini, I'm 100% positive that they're implants. That bikini top provided zero support, and real breasts don't have a perfect semi-spherical shape on their own.

• Love 8

^^^ I agree.  Usually when you see those perfect shapes in the cleavage, that's the shape of the implants.     ) + (  =  fake

To me, JoJo is exactly the kind of woman a guy like Ben is going to cheat on a wife like Lauren with in about 10 years.  ;-)

• Love 6

Not sure if this would go under a separate heading but the season's almost over now and I can't help but wonder how the show would have been if they had picked another bachelor for the lead.

I think Ben's been ok as far as previous bachelors have gone but he was a little disappointing in my expectations of how good he would be.

My favorite for the lead was always Chris (Cupcake). Some have stated they thought many of the ladies were to good for Ben and that he was nothing special as a software salesman. Though I have no idea if he would have been open to it I think Chris would have made a good bachelor. He's a professional with a career that would transfer anywhere. Some found him to effeminate but I found him to be sweet, funny, and endearing. Not to mention easy on the eyes. 

• Love 3

Based on the side-boob view in her string bikini, I'm 100% positive that they're implants. That bikini top provided zero support, and real breasts don't have a perfect semi-spherical shape on their own.

I will bow to your knowledge of side-boob!

• Love 2

I completely agree with this last sentence, and am sympathetic to the observation that Jojo has chosen a sexy way to present herself. It's not all editing.

Where I do disagree is that, if Ben were to pick Jojo, "maybe he's influenced by all that money and the prospect of selling million dollar properties instead of software." A couple people have made observations of this type. I don't see the need to throw in any ulterior motives. Jojo and Ben have a strong connection.

For better or for worse, men sometimes choose the "sexy" girl to marry over the "nice" girl. And there's nothing wrong or suspect about that. Just because Jojo has had a boob job doesn't mean that she's automatically anathema to a Christian household or way of life.

Nope,  didn't say there was.  If you'll notice, I mentioned the implants, that her tenant said she had, in the paragraph about JoJo embracing her own sexuality.  Not in anything I said about Christianity.

Niether did I mean to say you can't be loud, tacky and a wine lover and be a Christian either.  I just think that Ben's family and Jojo's family don't seem very much alike, which might cause Ben's mother to regret picking JoJo someday.  Probably not though so long as Ben's happy.  I'm just speculating.

• Love 4

Niether did I mean to say you can't be loud, tacky and a wine lover and be a Christian either.

I assume this is referring to JoJo's mom :). At some point during the home visit (maybe when they were sitting on the bed talking), she told JoJo that she was praying for her or praying for something good to happen. I assumed she was using the word "pray" in a religious sense. Who knows, maybe JoJo is religious and attends church and that's one of the things Ben likes about her.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Actually it's her brothers who seemed to me to be playing to the camera in a loud way.  After all, one brother  is a reality TV veteran himself so they should know Ben has to date lots of girls.  I'm a loud, tacky Christian and my Episcopalian priest holds all her meetings  at the local pub-restaurant where she can have all the wine she wants.  Maybe JoJo and her  people are Episcopalians, too!  Go Piskies!

• Love 5

Episcopalian! It's Catholic light! Plus we get real wine, not grape juice, at communion, which ties in well with the wine-loving theme going on at the moment. (Yes, born and raised and baptised in that church, Judy!)

• Love 2

I wanted to view the clip again of Ben's mom and it's not available. Is anyone else getting this? I've saw this before on various clips but usually when the clip has been up for awhile. Never this soon. Too much backlash maybe?

• Love 2

Not sure if this would go under a separate heading but the season's almost over now and I can't help but wonder how the show would have been if they had picked another bachelor for the lead.

I think Ben's been ok as far as previous bachelors have gone but he was a little disappointing in my expectations of how good he would be. ...

Ben wasn't my choice because I wasn't feeling the Peter Brady thing. One thing I did like about him, which I said in the beginning and I think continued through the end, was that he was good at weeding out the crazy people and the not happening people. I was surprised that he believed the buzz about Olivia yet shut down Leah shortly after she opened her mouth. He was certainly doling out the roses before the Olivia stories came to light. I think he ended up with an exceptionally nice group that liked and seemed to genuinely care about each other. Nice to see.

• Love 3

I think Ben's been ok as far as previous bachelors have gone but he was a little disappointing in my expectations of how good he would be.

My favorite for the lead was always Chris (Cupcake). Some have stated they thought many of the ladies were to good for Ben and that he was nothing special as a software salesman. Though I have no idea if he would have been open to it I think Chris would have made a good bachelor. He's a professional with a career that would transfer anywhere. Some found him to effeminate but I found him to be sweet, funny, and endearing. Not to mention easy on the eyes. 

I can't compare him to previous Bachelor's and I don't know about the women before either.  This group seemed really young to me, but I also thought he was very young.  In other adverts I did think at some point they used to go for more exciting occupations, actors, doctors, pilots, etc.  I did observe that I remember a lawyer and dentist, mathematician and I don't know what else, but Ben did not seem to go for any of the girls that had those type of occupations.  I always got the impression from the blogs I read that he wanted a certain type of woman. I think there would have been a different dynamic if the bachelor had been older but given the same group of women.   I really think Ben wanted someone traditional, somewhat submissive and not more successful than him. 

I liked him in the episodes I saw, except for keeping Lace and Olivia, but his blog and one   Bachelor live was disappointing to me. 

I feel like they are pushing to have Ben and his choice get married live.  Have they ever done that before?  Will tomorrow be the night that they announce Calia as the Bachelorette? Do they get to go on trips on that show as well, and does the women have the Fantasy Suite? 

I was disappointed  to hear that so many of the women seemed to be so worried about Bens feelings on the Women Tell All.  As long as Ben is happy...really? 

Ben is fitting Fleiss' requirement of a "moldable" bachelor, one who follows the script TPTB give him. Chris Harrison reinforced this by calling Ben The Most Popular Bachelor EVER! and telling Ben he is on Mt. Rushmore (still don't have a clue what that means). Ben also has helped TPTB set up The Most DRAHmatic Finale EVER! by telling two women ILY. Ben is a win-win for this franchise.

I was disappointed  to hear that so many of the women seemed to be so worried about Bens feelings on the Women Tell All.  As long as Ben is happy...really?

These contestants are only worried about their own happiness and ability to continue on as reality D-listers. So yeah, barf on Ben, he has screwed their chances for continuing more weeks on network tv, so they have to scrounge and battle for air time on TWTA.

I feel like they are pushing to have Ben and his choice get married live.  Have they ever done that before?

Oh, yes. Trista/Ryan was the first. It was quite a production. Sean/Catherine. There was at least one more ... the Mesnicks? Then the fakety fake BIP wedding a while back. Other posters can probably name more. The plus is that ABC foots the bill for the wedding, the couple gets even more network airtime, plus Chris Harrison gets to use his Internet-purchased minister degree.

Last night on SNL, there was a hilarious segment on Weekend Update with Drunk Bachelorette who gave a commentary on TB's final episode. Except she ended up acting EXACTLY like all the crazy b-ettes on this show. It was a fantastic parody. Maybe someone can find it on YouTube?

• Love 1

I wanted to view the clip again of Ben's mom and it's not available. Is anyone else getting this? I've saw this before on various clips but usually when the clip has been up for awhile. Never this soon. Too much backlash maybe?

If anything, I think that shot of mama guzzling from the bottle made her look less "produced" and more natural acting.  I'd definitely rather spend an hour with her than with Ben's mom after seeing that.  

• Love 3

Last night on SNL, there was a hilarious segment on Weekend Update with Drunk Bachelorette who gave a commentary on TB's final episode. Except she ended up acting EXACTLY like all the crazy b-ettes on this show. It was a fantastic parody. Maybe someone can find it on YouTube?

I linked it on the "Bachelor in the Media "  thread. http://forums.previously.tv/topic/278-the-bachelor-in-the-media/?p=2049158

It's clearly Lace. She's in a black lace dress, asks Colin to close his eyes so she can give him "the first kiss", and then complains about his lack of eye contact. 

and then says the we haven't seen the last of her, because there are other reality shows.   Lace all the way!  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3

I saw JoJo's instagram and every shot is one of her made up and dressed up and partying--a young Dallas socialite.  She had duck lips (collagen lip injections) in a few of the older ones, so now I buy into the fake boobage.  She's gonna give her mother a run for her money.

Right. I checked some other sites and they actually have pics of Caila with a camera crew filming her in her hometown. Could be unrelated but who knows.

Also they said the camera crew were spotted on March 2 and I'm not sure when the WTA was filmed but Caila looked really good and like her old self again. So maybe she had taken some medication on the night of WTA that made her face swell?

I had wondered if they did some test shots with her as they did with Arie when trying to decide (or to fool people) between farmer Chris and Arie.  

As for her face, she didn't have much make-up on and while, normally, she lets her hair fall over her cheeks, she had both sides pulled back in a severe look, and I thought those were possibly  two reasons she didn't look "herself" as seen on the show.  She also looked a bit down.

I forgot to ask, what the hell did that even mean?

I think it meant he qualified to be with the other 'great' stone-cold dudes of the past.

• Love 2

That's the thing about Jubilee for me.  She doesn't out and out lie but she shades things in her favor.  Being in the Army Reserves is a fine thing, but she let people think she was in the regular Army for a long time because she knows the weekend warrior reputation of the reserves isn't quite as impressive.

During the WTA show, didn't she say that she was NOW in the reserves?  It sounded as if this was more recent.

• Love 2

During the WTA show, didn't she say that she was NOW in the reserves?  It sounded as if this was more recent.

Yes. She was in active duty for 4 years and now she's in the reserves. I think she clarified that because they kept referring to her as a war veteran on the show, which made it sound like she was out of the army now.

• Love 3

A few have written about Lauren's sweet ways vs JoJo's more experimental mode.

The Star, In Touch and other magazines have stories about Lauren's having had an overnight in the clinker due to over-celebrating -- and her sister who celebrated with her but not to the same extent, was a source.

So, Lauren may be more "complex" than we had thought.

There are other things discussed but they involve spoilers so I'm not linking to them but they're easily googled.

Maybe Ben's mother picked up on something most of us didn't. :-)

But maybe the stories are exaggerated.

• Love 7

Excellent reporting, Pitchy. Again, it's what the show wants us to believe. And, because we saw it on The Bachelor, it has to be TRUE, right? TPTB never mentioned all of Soules' DUIs either. You know, the ones that wouldn't let him into Canada so Kaitlyn's "hometown" was in Arizona or some such place.

Looking forward to tonight. Ben is also scheduled to be on Kimmel, so it's a full night of BEN, BEN and more BEN!

• Love 5
IMO, being high-maintenace is the antithesis of being a soccer mom.

I don't think we know the same soccer moms.  When I think soccer moms, I think of the catty, boob-jobbed, bleached (or ombre-d), moms who cluster together to gossip and bitch at their kids dance shows/sports/whatever, are constantly passive-agressively one-upping each other on social media, wear yoga/workout clothes without ever setting foot in a studio, carry an expensive bag (that's either legit if hubby cheats or fake if he doesn't) and desperately follow whatever sad trend they saw on a Kardashian's Instagram or the alpha-mom's Pinterest.  Basically, these women in 10 years.  The definition of high maintenance.

My thoughts exactly. Essentially, trophy wives who happen to have kids.

What would make his mother think that JoJo would be there for Ben any more than Lauren would? Especially if she saw what we all have been seeing all season.

Ha, maybe Ben's mom realizes that once the show is over and Ben is no longer a "prize" to be won, JoJo's going to lose interest quickly and she won't lose her baby boy to another woman. ; ) 

Watching some of the bloopers and outtakes, JoJo's personality came through more and she seems like a really fun, confident person. I would not be surprised if the bloom falls off the rose (pun intended) quickly when she's no longer fighting with other women over this rather average guy. 

Lauren's low-key personality seems like a better fit for Ben in the long run. 

I hope the new B'ette isn't Caila for the totally selfish and shallow reason that seeing her name miss spelled for months may drive me nuts. Otherwise I don't have any strong preferences. I assume JoJo is out since she's F2?

Lol, "Calia" has been the 26th castmate all season, hasn't she? ;)

I'm hoping JoJo isn't out if she does end up in 2nd, she would be a fun choice. She's got more genuine personality than Caila and handles herself well. 

• Love 1

Lauren got busted last year at Coachella music festival for public intoxication.  That was made public way back in December. Plus, there are photos of her in a bar with Amanda, crazy dancing, etc.  I think she's way more of a party girl than she's been edited as and Ben may need to watch how many of those little airline booze bottles she comes home with.  

JoJo just seems to have a lush mother and a need for physical augmentation.  

• Love 1

The video of Ben's mother expressing her preference is nowhere to be found. I wonder if it is an outtake and won't be part of the show. At any rate, people who have been on this show know more than anyone else how heavily it is edited and how manipulated people are to say certain things. Lauren herself, if she is Ben's final rose, probably isn't happy with all her own edits and talking heads, so let's hope she won't hold it against Ben's mother if the camera caught her saying something against Ben's final choice. For all we know Ben's mother said something that could be construed as negative about JoJo too. I could easily see the producers saying, If you had to make a list, tell us what you like and don't like about each girl, and then skewing the clip to feature the negatives.

ETA: I looked at an article about tonight's show and found the video as part of it: 

I didn't think Ben's mother was overprotective at all (but maybe that's because I have a grown son who chose a spouse without asking our opinion ahead of time, or even telling us he was going to propose), but it is obvious that someone was asking her hard about who she would pick if she had to--she didn't seem to just volunteer it or to be happy about giving her opinion. Stupid show.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4

I was a lacrosse mom and the moms just varied normally:  some stay-at-home moms, some working, some moms more fashionable than others; most not fashionable at all.  It's not like you think.  It's just normal moms of athletic kids.   It's not a monolithic group.   The moms didn't try to impress one another in the least.     

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 2

I would not be surprised if the bloom falls off the rose (pun intended) quickly when she's no longer fighting with other women over this rather average guy.

Do you mean that Ben would no longer seem like a great prize to be won once the competition is over? Because if you do, I agree completely.

In that clip, Ben's mom doesn't seem over protective or pushy to me at all, but: "It has nothing to do with anything personal toward either girl but if I had to pick for Ben today, I would pick JoJo."  Wow.  How could it be anything but personal?  She had just met them both.  If I was Lauren, whether I ended up as Ben's chosen one or not, I would be very, very hurt by that.  It's not like it was just a small point of criticism about something Lauren could change, it was her.

Ben's mom seems to be  basing it mostly on Ben saying that JoJo was always the first to reassure him and tell him everything will be alright, but have both women really had the very same opportunities to do that?  Ben went to Lauren with, "One of the girls is saying you're not the same around them that you are with me."  At that point Lauren was under attack and needed reassurance. Has he seen how JoJo reacts to something like that? Then there was Ben's mother saying that JoJo was more her style.  Why?  What is she basing that on after such short acquaintance?  Did they sit down and talk smart stuff? Is it because they both have dark hair?

• Love 2

Then there was Ben's mother saying that JoJo was more her style.  Why?  What is she basing that on after such short acquaintance?  Did they sit down and talk smart stuff? Is it because they both have dark hair?

I think it's because they're both so low-maintenance

joelle-e2809cjojoe2809d-fletcher-instagr

• Love 1

I was a lacrosse mom and the moms just varied normally:  some stay-at-home moms, some working, some moms more fashionable than others; most not fashionable at all.  It's not like you think.  It's just normal moms of athletic kids.   It's not a monolithic group.   The moms didn't try to impress one another in the least.     

That wasn't the point, "soccer mom" has a specific connotation and it's the SUV driving, plastic surgery enhanced, keeping up with the Joneses type of women that I guarantee were a part of the group you're describing. It's a term describing a specific type of person and certainly not representative of all moms of sports-playing kids. 

No, I mean get married on the show tonight, not a separate special where they get married.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when CH did the whole "can I hold you to that statement" (about getting married tomorrow) and based on the intro to tonight's show, that does seem like the case. 

Do you mean that Ben would no longer seem like a great prize to be won once the competition is over? Because if you do, I agree completely.

Yes, that's what I meant. It's easy to get caught up in things in the midst of a TV show competition, but I don't see JoJo being that into Ben.

• Love 1