Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I want to say Olivia, Kitty's ex DIL, skipped prelims and got right into semis.   Could be wrong tho 

I remember her being featured a few times during prelims, they really liked her

(edited)

Out of the returning vets, who does everyone think will have first and/or last solo spot at final auditions? It's always someone awesome. I for one hope that Danielle will be in one of these spots. She works her butt off and has been one my favorites from day 1!

Edited by kcrabtree06
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Looks like her. Cannot believe prelims are a week away.

Is Selina in the orangey pink bra on the left? If that's her I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if she's a teeny bit out of shape. Maybe I'm crazy, who knows.

As far as prime solo spots, is it based on who had the best the year before (like technically  - the barbies?) or could it also be who they liked a lot and it was memorable. If the latter, I could see Danielle or Jenna maybe but if it's more the technical ones that blew them away, I think Erica and Lacey should get to be first and last.  Melissa was obviously amazing last year too, but I'd like to think they would give someone else a chance for one of those spots. Holly P was their standout of the day last year but I'd rather see a vet get one of the spots over a rookie (and y'all know I love Holly P!!!) 

(edited)

Alrighty so I just spent some time putting together a full list of everyone we have mentioned on this thread and others I have found along the way that are auditioning or speculated to audition. Just so we can keep track as audition week goes by! I'll update it with who made semis, who got cut, etc, if they post stuff! And as I find new people I'll update it with more!:)

Cristi Fisher - Confirmed

Instagram: @cristi_fisher

Twitter: @fisher218 

Carly Townson - Confirmed 

Instagram: @carlytownson

Jenny Smith - Confirmed 

Instagram: @jenny.smith9

Dominique Lewis - Confirmed 

Instagram: @dancing_doll18

Shelbi Crawford - Confirmed 

Instagram: @shelbicrawford

Madeline Massingill - Confirmed 

Instagram: @madeline_massingill

Gaebri Anderson - Speculation

Instagram: @gaebrianderson

Kelsey Lowr - Speculation 

Instagram: @kelsey_lowr

Megan ______ - Confirmed 

Instagram: @ohmymegann_

Fallon Decker - Confirmed

Instagram: @fallonmariedecker 

Kyndall Fuller - Confirmed

Instagram: @kynfuller

Marah _____ - Confirmed 

Instagram: @itsmarahsworld

Tessa Brennan - Speculation

Instagram: @tesssagracee (private)

Heather Hamilton - Speculation 

Instagram: @hhamilton2

Jennifer DuBose - Confirmed 

Instagram: @jennydubose

Yuko ______ - Confirmed 

Instagram: @yk_kwt (private)

Milan Brahney - Confirmed

Instagram: @milanbrahney

Whitney Robertson - Confirmed

Instagram: private

Amanda ______ - Confirmed

Twitter: @amandah53Amanda

Katie Jeanes - Confirmed

Instagram: @katiepjeanes

Justine Cielenski - Confirmed

Instagram: @justine_cielenski 

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 3

This is the first time I'm actually going to be around this tryout season. I'm so excited to follow all the action on the boards, twitter, etc.

Still hoping my fave Caila makes it back!

On 5/7/2016 at 6:48 PM, MyFavShows said:

Candidates for prime solo spots at auditions I think would be Erica, Lacey, and as much as I hate to admit ;(, Holly P.   Melissa and Kat maybe too.

As far as who should be first and last, I wouldn't be surprised if Holly or Erica was first.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, kcrabtree06 said:

Out of the returning vets, who does everyone think will have first and/or last solo spot at final auditions?

I think Candidates would be Melissa, Erica, Lacey, maybe Holly P or Megan.  I haven't seen Jenna or Jessica dance enough to know if they'd qualify as an opener/closer. Kelli hasn't called out their past solos as "favorites," so I don't know. I think Danielle is a good dancer, but don't know if she's an opener/closer.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, MrsEVH said:

I agree.

as someone who is "foreign", I will say yes it is slightly offensive... not in a hateful way but it's just an odd thing to say.  She doesn't say that about the white "foreign" girls from AUS (or that she has publicly tweeted).  Again it's only slightly offensive to me as a foreign person and I don't think it's racist, just stupidly said.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:43 PM, RedDelicious said:

I agree as well.  Recently someone corrected me and said "world language" where I had said "foreign language".  Please.

Sam is a cute girl and I think she would be even cuter with bangs.  Kelli looks better with bangs also.  They are two of the very few who look better with bangs to frame their face which takes away the harsh appearance of a prominent forehead.

that is a bit much ... in my mind, if it refers to a "thing" vs. a person, it's fine. For example, oriental rugs is ok ... oriental person is not.  World language ... wtf does that even mean?  For someone in the U.S., Spanish/French/Latin/etc are all foreign languages. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, kalibean said:

I'm always curious how much Baylor and/or the city of Waco pay Chip and JoAnna, because they've done more the city than anyone ever has. Waco has its good spots, but sheesh.

Couple reasons I think quite a bit of DCC come from Baylor, SMU and TCU: they're all small, private universities with an affluent student base. If you can afford that school, you can also likely afford the extras like extensive dance classes, costumes, etc. I graduated from two of the three, one with a fashion undergrad, and being DCC performance ready is an every day standard of appearance. Sigh. Secondly, SMU and TCU are both in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Valley Ranch is in Irving, which is slightly closer to Dallas but still between the two. It's a lot easier for a college student attending either university to make it there.

I'm curious if they'll be moving to Frisco with the rest of the office, tho, bc that northbound commute is killer. I anticipate lots more footage about how 635/121/Tollway traffic was terrible, and we always get at least one a season.

There are plenty of other DFW area schools for a DCC student to attend too. The other "brand name" Texas universities are UT Austin, A&M, and Texas Tech. UT and A&M in particular are very competitive, especially with automatic acceptance for the top 10% of students. In a tough school district, students below the line have to slug it out for acceptance. Samantha Finglass might be an academic rock star, but if she's in a school like TAG where everyone is a rock star but she didn't make the 10%, it's very possible she could have been accepted at an Ivy League and not a Texas school. Weird, but it happens. Anyhoot - I don't see her as a DCC, but no telling what she'll look like at 22. Plenty of gals get through college and try out, and I think that life experience is super valuable. The baby face DCC squick me out anyway ;)

Sorry for the formatting and lack of page breaks!! I've tried to edit but the page isn't loading correctly on my phone, Chrome or IE. Yikes.

That's interesting ... thanks for the background on the TX universities; I didn't know that.  I just thought it was weird she made a big hoopla about her acceptance to Columbia and how Yale was next and then all the postings about her Ivy League tour just to end up at a TX university?!?  No diss against the school as it seems great but given the attention and presumptuous tweets about being accepted to Ivy, it was a bit of a surprise and frankly just weird!! 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:35 PM, Runnergrl37 said:

I want to say Olivia, Kitty's ex DIL, skipped prelims and got right into semis.   Could be wrong tho 

She was awesome ... such a great dancer!

• Love 1

I think Jenn K will probably get first solo, didn't she have the spot last year?

41 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think Jenn K will probably get first solo, didn't she have the spot last year?

It's been a couple of years since Jennifer kicked it off...Jacie was last year. 

1 hour ago, Kaedee said:

I think Candidates would be Melissa, Erica, Lacey, maybe Holly P or Megan.  I haven't seen Jenna or Jessica dance enough to know if they'd qualify as an opener/closer. Kelli hasn't called out their past solos as "favorites," so I don't know. I think Danielle is a good dancer, but don't know if she's an opener/closer.

Have Jessica or Jenna ever won Barbies? I feel like those are a really good indication of who gets to open and close.  Megan and Holly were the two newbies who won Barbies last year so I sort of feel like one of them would get a spot just to show like, hey, kill it and this could be YOU next year! I would like to see Erica and Lacey get the honors though. We all know Melissa and Jennifer are wonderful by now - someone else should get a chance! 

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

It's been a couple of years since Jennifer kicked it off...Jacie was last year. 

Have Jessica or Jenna ever won Barbies? I feel like those are a really good indication of who gets to open and close.  Megan and Holly were the two newbies who won Barbies last year so I sort of feel like one of them would get a spot just to show like, hey, kill it and this could be YOU next year! I would like to see Erica and Lacey get the honors though. We all know Melissa and Jennifer are wonderful by now - someone else should get a chance! 

what are barbies?  I thought there was abby bears ... didn't know there were barbies too?  DCC is sometimes too hilarious

On the topic of tryouts, I was reading about Miami Dolphins and they had 800+ girls try out??? (international auditions this year too) WOW.  And also doing a training camp with workouts, etiquette, etc.  

I'd love if Erica got top solo this year, she always kills it. I'd seriously love to see them show some solos in full entirety, not just one girl leaping, then another girl leaping.

(edited)
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

On the topic of tryouts, I was reading about Miami Dolphins and they had 800+ girls try out??? (international auditions this year too) WOW.  And also doing a training camp with workouts, etiquette, etc.  

I think DCC would have more girls trying out if the preliminaries weren't filmed.  They sorta made fun of the heavier girls who auditioned before, and no one likes to be made fun of on the television.  I think DCC gets more top drawer candidates now, so while the overall number of applicants are fewer, the overall quality and skill of the candidates has increased, IMO. 

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

I think DCC would have more girls trying out if the preliminaries were filmed.  They sorta made fun of the heavier girls who auditioned before, and no one likes to be made fun of on the television.  I think DCC gets more top drawer candidates now, so while the overall number of applicants are fewer, the overall quality and skill of the candidates has increased, IMO. 

Honestly I think it's a bit cruel the way they make fun of some of the people (either through facial expressions, laugher, rolling eyes, or actual verbal comments).  That's not nice and frankly, I doubt 100% of men and women would find K+J+C attractive and perfect so why laugh at others?  Yes, many of these girls have no chance in heck and many of them either can't dance or aren't fit but why should they be laughed at for taking a chance and living their dream?

I could imagine the comments they would make about me if I tried out. I have short legs, scars from being hit by a car (left kidney laceration-looks like I was cut in half, small scar in the mid section-cyst and left ovary removed,) soft mid section, and two left feet when it comes to dancing.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I could imagine the comments they would make about me if I tried out. I have short legs, scars from being hit by a car (left kidney laceration-looks like I was cut in half, small scar in the mid section-cyst and left ovary removed,) soft mid section, and two left feet when it comes to dancing.

I think Kelli would be too curious how my belly jiggles like jello to say anything about me. LoL

Women are already really critical of and cruel to other women; why do we want to show it on tv as something funny and accepted?  I would hope DCC would have a little more women-power and class than that!

I liked some of the earlier preliminaries comment when they said the girl wasn't right for "this" job, stuff like that. Also I think it's valid to ask whether the girl thought she could fit into the uniform. They're auditioning for DCC and those uniforms are SMALL.

As for posting the girls' weights in the locker room - I guess I can see the point of that one. The girls are all about the same size-ish, and keeping their contract signing weight is part of the job. Yes, they're hired for their dancing skill. But they're at least 50% hired for their looks. (More in some cases.) And with that huge HD screen highlighting every little flaw, keeping in shape is even more important.

I thought I read on these boards that they sometimes "recruit" the heavier girls who end up getting made fun of on the show - like come up to them in the mall and tell them the DCC would seriously like them and then make fun of them on the show.  That is beyond mean if they do that.   

15 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought I read on these boards that they sometimes "recruit" the heavier girls who end up getting made fun of on the show - like come up to them in the mall and tell them the DCC would seriously like them and then make fun of them on the show.  That is beyond mean if they do that.   

This can't be true because it would be so shamed and slammed publicly ... that's cruel, immature, and heartless if they do do that

• Love 2

I don't believe heavier girls are recruited specifically for TV drama. But I don't think their applications are refused either. Everyone who wants to can audition for DCC regardless of size or age. I read an article where a doctor in her 40's says she auditions every year because it's fun and keeps her in shape. She said she's never gotten past prelims, even when she was in her late 20's, but she loves doing it anyway.

In one opening sequence I saw pink bags being put on every seat before prelims. I would imagine those are filled with goodies donated by companies who want these girls to sample their products. I'd audition just to get the goodie bag! lol

6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Karen from last year has confirmed she is not trying out again 

As rude as it sounds, I'm glad to hear that. Body proportion is just one of those things you can't fix.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

As rude as it sounds, I'm glad to hear that. Body proportion is just one of those things you can't fix.

Agreed. She was never going to make it. 

Yeah, they'd take her into training camp, where they'd tell her that her legs are swallowed by the boots.  I guess they couldn't tell before TC that she's only about 5'0" & had no clue her legs wouldn't magically grow.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, they'd take her into training camp, where they'd tell her that her legs are swallowed by the boots.  I guess they couldn't tell before TC that she's only about 5'0" & had no clue her legs wouldn't magically grow.

Yeah I don't get why they don't just determine that at auditions. Why bring a girl in when her legs are obviously too short. Such a disappointment for the girl 

I introduced myself on the Small Talk board but wanted to say here that my daughter will auditioning this weekend :) I will be happy to give updates throughout the process. I don't want to give out her info for the sake of anonymity, but would appreciate any insight beforehand :)

• Love 6

It may seem mean to take in short girls but it isn't as if short girls never make the squad.  I think it depends on how they look in the boots, how good their kicks are, etc., in addition to everything else.  If they did exclude for height, people would be on boards complaining about that.   Honestly I think no matter what they do, they annoy some part of the fan base.

• Love 1
(edited)

Agreed, ChlcGirl - MacKenzie was really short, as was Ashton Torres. But their body proportions looked good in the boots. Sometimes getting a girl into TC and into the uniform is the eye-opener that auditions isn't. I'm sure most of the candidates would rather be brought into TC to see if they looked good in the uniform than to be unilaterally dismissed before.

6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

This can't be true because it would be so shamed and slammed publicly ... that's cruel, immature, and heartless if they do do that

I believe they probably do post weights in the locker rooms. To us as outsiders it might seem rude. I imagine to them it's business. The girls sign a contract stating they'll maintain their audition weight. Weighing the girls, making sure they still look good in the uniforms, posting weights etc. is all part of the gig - one these girls sign on for. While being a DCC may look glamourous and have it's glamourous moments - it's a job and the girls are hired to maintain a look and their dance skills.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I remember reading that too.. 

9 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

I introduced myself on the Small Talk board but wanted to say here that my daughter will auditioning this weekend :) I will be happy to give updates throughout the process. I don't want to give out her info for the sake of anonymity, but would appreciate any insight beforehand :)

Good luck to your daughter! Tell her to just smile and be herself. I've never been to auditions but I imagine they look for girls that are always smiling.

12 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

No insight here, but good luck to her!

11 hours ago, Kaedee said:

I believe they probably do post weights in the locker rooms. To us as outsiders it might seem rude. I imagine to them it's business. The girls sign a contract stating they'll maintain their audition weight. Weighing the girls, making sure they still look good in the uniforms, posting weights etc. is all part of the gig - one these girls sign on for. While being a DCC may look glamourous and have it's glamourous moments - it's a job and the girls are hired to maintain a look and their dance skills.

I think the cruel, immature behavior tobeyoungagain was talking about was the idea of them recruiting overweight women to audition so they can make fun of them for the show.  For the record, I really doubt it's true.

I can't believe Kelsi was ever on the list! she always looked so fit to me...just shows how strict the standards are. 

I still remember in season 1 (I believe) where the girls are all in a line getting weighed by Jay in front of each other and it's super quiet and awkward.