Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is hopeful that Jill Biden will join her KYV campaign. She took on a heckler at Biden's rally last night.

Yeah, she'd be a perfect addition to Meeka's stable of strong women...for Meeka to hide behind and take all the credit for somehow inspiring them. She's (Mika) just a sicko. And all the childish flirty comments and gestures (favorite Joe's, squealing and clapping, playing with her scarf, etc.) are so out of place and wrong on a (supposed) serious show debating important issues. It's actually insulting to the viewers and beyond insulting to the guests. And while I'm hating on her, what's up with the banana clip holding her hair back every time they show up to perform on these road shows? Can a chin length bob be that hard to blow dry and go? She sure isn't putting the extra time on her wardrobe.

Oh, I also saw Sam bringing a little sizzle today.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ratner is a strong defender  of Bloomberg. He complained to Mika when she said he wasn't campaigning & hiding behind his tv ads.

I don't think it is fair to have a close friend of Bloomberg on the show unless they allow frinds of the other candidates to be regular panelists.

Chris Matthews is opposed to Bloomberg's Big Gulp Soda tax.

Mika said she loved it & hates sugar.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Chris Matthews is opposed to Bloomberg's Big Gulp Soda tax.

I was waiting for somebody to bring that up and I'm glad Chris did because that's the second thing I thought of when Bloomberg announced.

Ratner is a strong defender  of Bloomberg. He complained to Mika when she said he wasn't campaigning & hiding behind his tv ads.

And Mika's right for a change.

• Love 4

The top story is the Democratic primary in New Hampshire.  Bernie Sanders came in first over Pete Buttigieg. Mika must like Bernie because she's wearing a very bright scarf.

Joe says that New Hampshire is the first state where America really votes.  Seems like kind of a slight to Iowa, and also shows a big East Coast bias.  I don't like it when news people marginalize the interior of the country. I live in DC but spend a lot of time in Texas and upstate NY, and this East Coast superiority grinds my gears.

Joe thinks Bernie Sanders spoke well after his win.  Joe and Willie agreed that Biden and Warren did badly last night.  They think voters will abandon Joe Biden.

Steve Korniacki showed the results which had Warren at 9 percent and Biden at 8 percent in New Hampshire.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Joe said that he warned viewers that Biden & Warren  could perform poorly in NH.

Joe wonders how Biden can survive for the next 2 weeks.

Willie said that Biden's  African American firewall is falling apart.

Joe said that ideology isn't important and African Americans will support Bloomberg.

Eddie Glaude is not a fan of Bloomberg's policies towards African Americans. He is mad that Kamala Harris got attacked for her policies & yet now people support Bloomberg.

• Love 3

Lemire is shocked by the decline in Warren & Biden's support.

Joe said that NH doesn't care about the national media.

Joe said people came up to him in NH to tell him that they liked Amy.

Joe keeps calling Barr, Roy Cohn.

Joe is mad at the justice department to override the sentencing guidelines for Roger Stone.

Joe said that Trump lied.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that the sentencing guidelines should not be changed for Roger Stone.

Joe wants the judge to ignore Trump & not follow the guidelines.

Isn't this the same judge that Roger Stone tweeted with a crosshair over her face?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Isn't this the same judge that Roger Stone tweeted with a crosshair over her face?

Yes. Joe mentioned that. It was inappropriate for Stone to do that to the judge.

Mika went on a tirade against stop & frisk. She says that Bloomberg should have stopped that program when he was Mayor.

Joe stayed quiet during the discussion but he was a strong supporter of stop & frisk on the show when it was happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, neece26 said:

Joe is unhinged this morning.  Screaming angrily and throwing newspapers is not a good look for him!

I honestly don't think I have EVER heard Joe react so violently on this show than to the Gayle King/Snoop Dog segment.  I haven't even seen him be so crazily unhinged over Trump.  I use the words "crazily unhinged" with trepidation, because I think is rant was worthwhile, just can't think of other terminology.

• Love 7

Joe said he told members of the democratic establishment not to worry about Bernie Sanders. he hasn't been dominant in the two states. He said the field is muddled.

Mika was excited about Pete speaking many languages & that he went to Harvard.

Joe said that the turnout among young people in NH was not as high as expected.

Al Sharpton likes Mayor Pete's performance so far.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, cased said:

Joe said “bullshit” on the air.  Mika looked surprised. 

I missed that!   What segment was that on?   I remember years ago when he said Fuck on the air.   Good times 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

At 7 32 am, Joe started throwing the NY Times across the table for not having an editorial supporting Gayle King. Mika's face after Joe said Bullshit was priceless!.

Joe is yelling about about the media being hypocrites for criticizing Trump's threats against journalists but keeping quiet about Snoop Dog.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I missed that!   What segment was that on?   I remember years ago when he said Fuck on the air.   Good times 😄

It was near the beginning of the Gayle King segment, when he was throwing newspapers around. 

• Love 2

Did someone actually do something to Gayle or was it just threats?  Or was it just Snoop calling her a name? Not that she should be threatened but he didn't seem that concerned when Christine Blassey Ford got death threats. 

He didn't even get this angry when HE got death threats. Or when Mika was accused of having a bloody face. 

I hadn't really heard what happened other than Snoop went after her for asking Lisa Leslie about Kobie. 

The cynic in me thinks the over the top performance was an effort to court Gayle. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Tom Perez said that he is open to changes in the caucus voting system & the order of the states that vote.

I suggested to a friend that they eliminate caucuses ( or fix them) and do 4 states every 2 weeks, one from each region of the country (NSEW)  We could have Iowa NH SC & Nev the first week, then no one would get their panties in a bunch about not being first, and it would be a more inclusive snap shot of the country. 

No one ever listens to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Well, if this is Wednesday it is Joe's Unhinged Rant Day.  Just like most other days.  This schtick is going to get old pretty fast.  Lots of times he throws in some wit, accents, and pretty spot-on observations.  But the continued hysteria is exhausting.  And Yoko sits there batting her eyes,  nodding her head, giggling, tsking and agreeing with him.  As someone upthread posted, The Twins are probably trying to induct Gayle King into the KYV cult.

Teddy's Mom...your idea of remaking the caucuses is brilliant!  You should run things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yoko

Hee!

RE: the rant about Gayle/Snoop: Doesn't their original producer Chris Licht now run Gayle's show on CBS? Didn't JoMika have "talks" with CBS a few years ago? Interesting dynamics behind the scenes. I tuned in and tuned out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cased said:

Joe said “bullshit” on the air.  Mika looked surprised. 

Joe spews bullshit on the air everyday.  Oh wait, he actually said "bullshit".  Poor Mika.  I'm sure she was offended at a deep level by his ribald language.  Queue the emotional support cake. 

• LOL 6

I haven't watched in a while. Did Joe actually offer a personal defense of Gayle King? Or is he just using the incident to complain about other media outlets?

It wasn't a defense of what Gayle said (which was something about the fact Kobe was charged with rape like 20 years ago) but the fact that Snoop called her a Bitch, and now she's getting death threats, and he didn't retract his comments/posts/tweets, and he is still on TV as of today doing his cooking show with MS. And Roseanne lost her show because of comments, etc etc.

The cynic in me thinks the over the top performance was an effort to court Gayle. 

Pfft.  More like OPRAH!!

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Hee!

RE: the rant about Gayle/Snoop: Doesn't their original producer Chris Licht now run Gayle's show on CBS? Didn't JoMika have "talks" with CBS a few years ago? Interesting dynamics behind the scenes. I tuned in and tuned out.

Mika & Joe were auditioning for a morning show on CBS with Licht as a producer. I think CBS didn't want Mika to be a co host, so they turned the job down.

31 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

It wasn't a defense of what Gayle said (which was something about the fact Kobe was charged with rape like 20 years ago) but the fact that Snoop called her a Bitch, and now she's getting death threats, and he didn't retract his comments/posts/tweets, and he is still on TV as of today doing his cooking show with MS. And Roseanne lost her show because of comments, etc etc.

Pfft.  More like OPRAH!!

Having Oprah & Gayle King endorse Mika's KYV would be helpful for Mika.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Joe spews bullshit on the air everyday.  Of wait, he actually said "bullshit".  Poor Mika.  I'm sure she was offended at a deep level by his ribald language.  Queue the emotional support cake. 

I saw a can of whipped cream on the table at the 8 30 am segment.

Joe disappeared from the set for the last hour.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Claire is furious at Viacom for letting Snoop Dog do a cooking show with Martha Stewart.

Viacom owns CBS & they should defend Gayle King.

Goodness that was some theatre this morning.  Joe stealing Meek's Paris Hilton meltdown, tossing around those newspapers . . . too bad his outrage showed up almost a week late.

If you haven't seen Snoop's video, Google it as it's frightening.  I found out about it via Yashar Ali's Twitter feed as he called it out immediately and got slammed with vicious, threatening comments but never backed down.  Then Oprah went on the offensive two days later on Friday (as no one else was being much help) and NOW Joe starts flinging papers around the studio and apparently "bullshit" is on the nice list in terms of what you can say on the air now.  Willie and Meeks both sent out Tweets on Sunday but Joe picks today to stage his tantrum?  Weren't enough Representatives/Senators calling to ask your advice lately Joe?  Plus I cannot believe that clip didn't make it on to Mediaite's website so that says a lot.

Blech.

eta:  Ok, I want to give credit where credit is due.  Apparently Joe retweeted this powerful Karine Jean-Pierre on the 10th (atta boy Joe, go get 'em tiger!😞)

Karine Jean-Pierre

@K_JeanPierre

When you are a black woman in this country, you feel threatened, and many times people don't stand up for you. #IStandWithGayle

54 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe disappeared from the set for the last hour.

Good.  Judging by Meek's face when he was in full rant mode they hadn't synched up strategies so I am assuming that whole kabuki theatre was performed on the fly.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

OH and I forgot the best part of the show when Joe was saying this administration was gunning for journalists "like us" . . . like us?  You mean you and the Mrs.?  Sure Jan, why don't you call out some more people for helping the currently administration while continuing your denials about your storied assistance.

Enjoy the beach.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Everyday this show hits a new low for me and makes me angry and/or depressed. 

I really can't stand all the BS flying around over mostly nothing. Baseball, religion, movies and TV shows (they saw or didn't).

Today I turned off during the Snoop/Gayle debacle.  I don't  give a shit. And, Kobe and his daughter and seven others died in a horrible, tragic accident.  Can't MJ, etc just not go there and let them RIP. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

OH and I forgot the best part of the show when Joe was saying this administration was gunning for journalists "like us" . . . like us?  You mean you and the Mrs.?

In their defense, they have received personal attacks from the president and were on a "Enemy of the people" hitlist compiled by a foiled domestic terrorist.

ETA Didn't that Florida bomb suspect in the white MAGA van have their picture on it?

Edited by xaxat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

No he's the showrunner on Colbert. 

Aha. That explains why Joe appeared with Mika on her book promo on his show...while the co-author got to wave from the audience.

I honestly don't see the newsworthiness of this Snoop/Gayle kerfuffle.  The media hyperventilating about themselves bores me to tears.  Shocked and insulted (again) that their big ego's demanded the stage with so much news happening around them. Take it to your Twitter and type away but don't waste my time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Today I turned off during the Snoop/Gayle debacle.  I don't  give a shit. And, Kobe and his daughter and seven others died in a horrible, tragic accident.  Can't MJ, etc just not go there and let them RIP. 

Joe is considered to be an expert on race relations, hip hop culture & sexual harassment.

Supporters of Snoop Dog are upset that Gayle King didn't do enough to distance herself from Harvey Weinstein & Charlie Rose. They consider her to be a hypocrite for focusing on Kobe's sexual assault charges.

Mika worked with Charlie Rose when she was at CBS & her books were published by Weinstein's company.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, plumbago blues said:

Aha. That explains why Joe appeared with Mika on her book promo on his show...while the co-author got to wave from the audience.

I honestly don't see the newsworthiness of this Snoop/Gayle kerfuffle.  The media hyperventilating about themselves bores me to tears.  Shocked and insulted (again) that their big ego's demanded the stage with so much news happening around them. Take it to your Twitter and type away but don't waste my time.

Joe & Mika have had similar temper tantrums over airlines charging them for excess baggage & not upgrading them to first class.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1