Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oakville said:

There were also actors that like Bradley Cooper showed up to discuss their movies, but Mika botched the interview and called the movie, the A Squad instead of the A Team.

I remember that. He was there promoting Silver Linings Playbook, and had been doing a lot of work helping vets with emotional issues/PTSD etc.

She badmouthed The A Team & The Hangover (which is silly but a VERY funny movie) and the look on his face was like daggers.  

As far as "Winning", Mika, I think BCoop's got you beat by a mile.  He could buy & sell you and Joe five times and not blink an eye. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

but found it too predictable.

Well, I'll tell her what I find too predictable: her haughty, can't be bothered with attitude when it comes to anything she doesn't understand or that someone hasn't broken down into little sound bites for her. For crying out loud! You're on tv, Mika. Your "brand" exists on social media, dummy. Act a little bit interested. This shows her lack of critical thinking skills...she doesn't get the connection between popular culture and her "job" of appearing on a show and SM that revolves around it. More on the other thread.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I would love to see Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur from the young Turks on Morning Joe. They would lose their minds..lol. 

It would be great but Mika & Joe wouldn't allow them on the show.

• Love 5
Just now, oakville said:

No, not since Joe had a fight with Rachel on Meet the Press many years ago.

Did Rachel challenge him? He has dutiful Meeka by his side, I am sure he would not take it too kindly with Rachel countering his opinion..

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Did Rachel challenge him? He has dutiful Meeka by his side, I am sure he would not take it too kindly with Rachel countering his opinion..

Rachel did challenge Joe. Joe fled the set. There was a video on YouTube but I can't find it.

The link below discusses the incident. It was on David Gregory's show. There was another fight on MTP between both of them.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/joe-scarborough-walks-off_n_97330?ri18n=true

• LOL 4

No, not since Joe had a fight with Rachel on Meet the Press many years ago.

Oakville, didn't they also duke it out during an election night coverage segment and suddenly no more Joe (but a very smirky Brian Williams)?

Apologies in advance if I mixed this up.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, didn't they also duke it out during an election night coverage segment and suddenly no more Joe (but a very smirky Brian Williams)?

Apologies in advance if I mixed this up.

It's possible that it occurred in 2010, but I don't recall Joe participating in election night coverage in many years.

Mika & Joe did host an evening Joe tv show on the weekend of the Super Bowl when it was broadcast on NBC, but it didn't work out too well.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's possible that it occurred in 2010, but I don't recall Joe participating in election night coverage in many years.

Mika & Joe did host an evening Joe tv show on the weekend of the Super Bowl when it was broadcast on NBC, but it didn't work out too well.

Thank you Oakville, I am having a lot of Comcast problems this afternoon and tried to amend my post to reflect it was the David Gregory segment that Rachel chased Joe out of but it wouldn't let me post.  Still a splendid segment all the way around.  So odd that such a classic example of a snowflake is now ensconced in the brutal Florida heat and humidity.  Thank goodness they stole all of those Cap d'Antibes towels the last time they were there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, oakville said:

Super Bowl? Mika? How could that not work out well? Must have been in the height of her flirty, cat and mouse games with Joe. Ick.

• LOL 1
58 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Super Bowl? Mika? How could that not work out well? Must have been in the height of her flirty, cat and mouse games with Joe. Ick.

I think it was in Feb 2012 in Indianapolis. Mika & Joe used to tape several shows away from their homes back then. Joe separated from his second wife later that year.

Mika didn't know much about football. Joe discussed his career playing football in high school. Joe said was a very player & helped his team score many touchdowns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, oakville said:

Joe reminded viewers that he was right that Obama would become popular with African American voters.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP . . . ok I need to back up a bit.  Joe was right about Obama being popular with AA voters?  WHAT?  Oh, ok.  No wonder he thinks he's qualified to tell folks how to "behave" in an AA church . . . seriously, I am speechless.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Senator Sanders won Nevada.  Biden was in second, and Warren in fourth. Bernie Sanders has a coalition of women, Hispanics, and young voters.  They showed Bernie at a rally in San Antonio, Texas.  

They showed Biden and Mayor criticizing Sanders this weekend.

Al Sharpton says Bernie needs to pull more Black voters.  

Adrian Elrod predicted that Joe Biden can win South Carolina.  Elrod says Biden needs a resounding victory.  I feel like all of these media types are just guessing.

Joe interviewed Mika about what she thinks of the Democratic race. Mika has talked to "some Democrats" who are frustrated.  Would this be her friends in the neighborhood or actual strategists?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Nidratime said:

I love how Joe and Co. keep telling the women in the race to drop out. ;-(

The women that drop out could help Mika and her KYV campaign.

Mika was happy when Kamala Harris dropped out. She was a guest at a KYV Seminar and helped sell tickets.

Adrienne is excited about Clyburn potentially endorsing Joe Biden. He is very popular with African Americans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, oakville said:

I saw the interview between Anand & Joy Reid. I wonder if they will play a clip of it today.

Anand explain voters frustration & complained about Chris Matthews & David Plouffe attacking Bernie.

Exactly Oakville, it was a different panel but it was the same focus of the conversation.  At least some anchors are starting to have productive conversations instead of the usual rinse and repeat.

• Love 3

Joe said that Trump will use Bernie's comments on Castro in Florida.

Joe wants Democrats to vet Bernie Sanders.

Adrienne wanted to use the opposition research on Bernie from 2016. She was upset that no one took Sanders seriously in 2016 & didn't pay attention to his comments on Cable Access TV.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Mike botched the pronunciation of Namaste

Yes she did and stumbled quite a few times. And then after someone off screen provided the correct way to say it  she made sure to use it in a sentence in case we just tuned in and didn't catch her previous ignorance.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Pramila Jayapal is the first Bernie Sanders surrogate to appear on Morning Joe is a long time.

She defended MFA. It would reduce administration costs.

Robert Costa said it would impossible to pass this bill through the Senate.

2 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Yes she did and stumbled quite a few times. And then after someone off screen provided the correct way to say it  she made sure to use it in a sentence in case we just tuned in and didn't catch her previous ignorance.

It' a good idea for Morning Joe to hire people that can help Mika read a teleprompter after 13 years.

I am stillconfused as to why they won't show Mika & Joe together at the little breakfast table.

They are still in the same room. Did Joe forget to clear the dishes ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Joe is mad about the DNC allowing caucuses. They can't count the votes quickly.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Adnan explain voters frustration & complained about Chris Matthews & David Plouffe attacking Bernie.A

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe complained about Republicans not forming a coalition against Trump in 2016

Please tell me that Joe did not voice "No Republication Coalition in 2016" with a straight face. Considering The Twins had Trump on almost every day.  And God forbid we actually count votes accurately instead of quickly.

As for Matthews - I have to wonder if the network will reprimand him because of the Bernie attack.  There has been a lot of outrage over the comments.  Guess he didn't have a tingle down his leg. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And God forbid we actually count votes accurately instead of quickly.

I get so angry when I hear a network say "And we (like they are the authority) are calling candidate X the winner of whatever". 

FUCK OFF.  Let the state announce the winner and you report it. Who the fuck are networks to call winners before the votes are done being counted. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Please tell me that Joe did not voice "No Republication Coalition in 2016" with a straight face. Considering The Twins had Trump on almost every day.  And God forbid we actually count votes accurately instead of quickly.

As for Matthews - I have to wonder if the network will reprimand him because of the Bernie attack.  There has been a lot of outrage over the comments.  Guess he didn't have a tingle down his leg. 

Joe did not discuss his involvement in the 2016 campaign.

Joe did not discuss Chris Matthews comment comparing Bernie winning Nevada to the fall of France in 1940.

Mika usually says that she watches Chris Matthews show at night.  He is a friend of the show, so I doubt they would say anything negative about him.

Joe said that influential pundits like himself need the election results quickly so that they work on their talking points.

• Love 1

Mike botched the pronounciation of Namaste Trump.

OMIGOD how did she pronounce it?  Nem Aist?? You can't tell me Mika hasn't done yoga.  I'm sure yoga is big amongst KYVers.

I loved Joe explaining Kobe's career to Mika. I doubt she knew anything about him.

She's like "Why are they talking about the beef in a Steakhouse??"

Joe wants Bernie to explain how he will pay for MFA & free college tuition.

Okay I seriously read this and was wondering why Bernie wants the government to pay for Masters in Fine Arts....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

He kept his job after he made a date rape joke about H. Clinton last election cycle. It’ll be interesting to see how the network deals with this.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

OMIGOD how did she pronounce it?  Nem Aist?? You can't tell me Mika hasn't done yoga.  I'm sure yoga is big amongst KYVers.

She pronounced it Namasta , then paused and said Namaste.

Mika did correctly pronounce Modi's name correctly.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nidratime said:

Joe has been pretty consistent in being for any white male Dem candidate not named Sanders.

• Love 3

Joe has been pretty consistent in being for any white male Dem candidate not named Sanders.

He merely wants them to join the queue of women in line,  standing and voting in the rain..

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

He actually said that?  

Joe was very cautious to comment on the results of the caucus on twitter on Saturday & Sunday until they were known publicly. Joe said today that his sources told him that Bernie Sanders would do very well in Nevada. Joe is sympathetic to pundits that don't have as much insider access as he does.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Nidratime said:

I missed this part of the show.  Joe is a sexist jerk.  I can understand wanting the party to unite behind a candidate, but why is it ok to encourage the women to leave while Steyer stays in with his similarly low numbers?  

• Love 4

Joe and Mika were very touched by the Kobe Bryant memorial service yesterday.  

Joe Biden has a 4 point lead over Bernie Sanders in South Carolina.  Tom Steyer is in third.  Joe Biden leads with Black voters by a 15-point margin.  Joe said that Mayor Pete and Elizabeth Warren are not popular with Black voters in South Carolina.

Sanders is facing a backlash for his remarks about Cuba. Joe says that Sanders always finds something good in communist regimes.  Joe is offended that Sanders talks about nice things without acknowledging torture and suffering in communist regimes.

Joe did an impression of Bernie Sanders praising Mussolini for the trains running on time.  Joe's Bernie impression is funny.  He needs to wave his arms more, though.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3