Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, oakville said:

He hasn't appeared on the show in a very long time.  I am very surprised by this.

I cannot fathom Bernie in all his Bernie glory being on their show as he would probably get up and walk 2 minutes into the segment.  He doesn't have the patience for them.  I remember watching (live) his announcement he was running for president.  He literally walked up to the podium, announced he was running and then left shouting over his shoulder that he didn't have time for most of the questions being fired at him so I can just imagine his real-time reaction to those two.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The top story is whether the president was chastened by impeachment.  Mika says the attorney general is doing the president's dirty work.

Elyse, Willie and Jim Van der Hyde are in the studio with Mika.

Joe thinks the president is dismantling the rule of law.  Apparently this refers to the sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone. 

There are some serious issues about the jury in the Stone case which they could discuss, but they are not. I would not be surprised if there is an appeal and Roger Stone gets a new trial.  The problem is that Joe talks about this shit for one day and never follows up on it.  He just wants to shoot his mouth off. I think he has some ADHD or something.

Joe said the president can't stand success.  That makes no fucking sense either. Joe has some weird personal issues with the president.  Elyse is there to kiss Joe's ass and talk about a banana republic.  This show needs more specifics and less grandstanding.

Sorry, I am tired today and it is glaring how they all just sit there and bullshit each other.

Has this show just forgotten about their former best friend Joe Biden? I find it weird how they change their convictions so easily.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Joe continues to try and revise his opinion of Joe Biden. Mika & Joe went on Colbert a few weeks ago & told him that Biden was teflon & that he would win the nomination despite poor debate performances & lack of fundraising. Now, Joe brags about tweeting about knowing Biden's poor fundraising.

Barnicle had to set Joe straight about all the mentions of Hunter Biden during impeachent did not help the Biden campaign.

Biden wasn't a 5th place candidate in October 2019. He had a commanding lead in all the polls.

• Love 5

Mika should not be lecturing Snoop on apology etiquette.

She always take a day or two off after for "family reasons" after she defended Mark Halperin & called someone a "Butt Buddy".

She only apologizes after the media firestorm.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Eliot said:

Cynical Eliot sees the entire Gayle King subplot as a sideways ploy to get Oprah on a KYV segment.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd there it is.  Meek's tying KYV into Gayle's story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-face-misogyny-istandwithgayle-i-hope-you-will-too-ncna1135871

Today has been one big run up to promoting this b.s. and deflecting Joe's rant yesterday with Meeks reading Joe's latest op ed.  This show is truly completely shameless.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Listening to MJ in the car again this morning. Not sure I heard right - did Meeks read part of Joe’s Washington Post column? And gush on it. We were under different porticos so reception was in and out. Surely I misconstrued what she said.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Listening to MJ in the car again this morning. Not sure I heard right - did Meeks read part of Joe’s Washington Post column? And gush on it. We were under different porticos so reception was in and out. Surely I misconstrued what she said.

You are correct my friend, she read Joe's Joe Biden op ed in all it's glory (please know I am a huge Joe Biden fan so none of my snark is directed at him in any way).  Joe's op ed is well written and highlights all of the lovely, painful and poignant moments that man has suffered through his life but I can't help but think that Joe's bread and circuses spectacular yesterday was devoted to highlighting his latest column and Meek's latest KYV grasp.  Ugh.

eta:  If they really wanted to have Gayle's back, they should have had that discussion on Monday not the Wednesday before their pet projects were due to launch.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wow what a great segment with Jose Andres and Andrew Zimmerman "What's Eating America".   So gracefully highlights how important immigrants are to this country (I am the youngest in a long line of much older relatives and was lucky enough to be able to listen/hear/absorb their stories/successes and at times cruelties) and what climate change is doing to our food supplies.  Good on Morning Joe, well done!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is partial to the LA sound!

But where does she stand on Biggie/Tupac? 

I assume Joe is taking credit for Snoop apologizing?  What exactly were the death threats to Gayle? I kept hearing "she's getting death threats" but then no details. Maybe no one was writing about it because they were just Twitter idiots?  Is Gayle in hiding somewhere?  Again, where was this outrage re Christine Blassey Ford?

This morning Today Show had an interview with Hank Aaron and followed up with Ken Burns talking about Hank breaking Babe Ruth's record. He got THREE THOUSAND DEATH THREATS A DAY!!  Not in the 50s or 60s. In 1974.  Because he was breaking the home run record of a white man. 

Does Ebony & Ivory Scarborough have anything to say about this? 

53 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

she read Joe's Joe Biden op ed in all it's glory 

Is  Mika aware the rest of us know how to read? And the last thing I'm interested in is Joe Doucheborough's 500 word essays on what he thinks the rest of us should think. 

Fuck off. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

This show needs more specifics and less grandstanding.

Can anyone cross stitch this onto a pillow?   Or at least reconfigure the MJ logo to include this? Truer words have never been spoken. 

I assume Joe is taking credit for Snoop apologizing? 

He sent him a dozen blunts, along with the request to apologize, and the offer to have Mika re-record "Nuthin But a G Thang."

• LOL 8

Social justice Mika showed up this morning to publicly try to humiliate Snoop. A heartfelt public apology and offer to meet with Gayle King isn't good enough. 

And Joe's not going to let the media off the hook because he's an ass and can't figure out how to pretend to still be outraged. 

I'm pissed off because no one (and includes Rev Al this morning) doesn't seem to give a flying fuck that continuing to talk about this is so insensitive to the Bryant family.  These people's lives have forever been drastically changed.  No amount of fame or fortune that Kobe realized in his life will ever make up for his loss to them.

Of course none of that makes a difference to M & J but although Rev Al was more subdued and rational,  I still expected him to take the feelings of the Bryant family into consideration publicly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, tres bien said:

I'm pissed off because no one (and includes Rev Al this morning) doesn't seem to give a flying fuck that continuing to talk about this is so insensitive to the Bryant family.  These people's lives have forever been drastically changed.  No amount of fame or fortune that Kobe realized in his life will ever make up for his loss to them.

Of course none of that makes a difference to M & J but although Rev Al was more subdued and rational,  I still expected him to take the feelings of the Bryant family into consideration publicly. 

Would it occur to Joe to think more about Kobe's widow and kids and less about expressing faux outrage.  She's in enough pain without the media reminding her of Kobe's  behavior 20 years ago. 

A reporter for WaPo was put on suspension due to her Tweeting about Kobe's rape allegations, she also got threats, Joe.   And you write editorial columns (if that's what we're calling them) for that paper.

Where is your outrage about that woman being threatened?  Or your outrage about WaPo suspending HER? Oh that's right she doesn't have the star power of a Gayle King, and the inside track to Oprah. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/washington-post-clears-reporter-who-tweeted-link-to-kobe-bryant-rape-allegations/2020/01/28/74728a32-421a-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Can anyone cross stitch this onto a pillow?   Or at least reconfigure the MJ logo to include this? Truer words have never been spoken. 

He sent him a dozen blunts, along with the request to apologize, and the offer to have Mika re-record "Nuthin But a G Thang."

Joe is working on a Hip Hop Rap Album for the spring. There will be a live concert at Prohibition in NY.

Joe is considered to be a leader in the African American community because he grew up in Mississippi & knows how to behave in a black church.

Joe frequently mocks politicians that don't know how what to do in black churches.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Not just the Bryant family. I’ve read a lot of articles about the retraumatization of rape victims, especially those whose voices were ignored because their attacker was beloved. 

I think this reflects a bigger issue with Joe and Mika. On most issues they have a very basic lack of empathy with real people as humans.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is working on a Hip Hop Rap Album for the spring.

OMG Oakville you just made me think something horrific. 

Mika will eventually do a work out video for the ladies. 😱🍪🍷🧁

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe frequently mocks politicians that don't know how what to do in black churches.

WTF? Does he think we're Martians that require special procedures?

It's church! There's songs, there's prayers. The songs may be different, the prayers may be different, but IT'S CHURH! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I think this reflects a bigger issue with Joe and Mika. On most issues they have a very basic lack of empathy with real people as humans.

Their go-to evaluator in every event or situation is "What's in it for me?" Just when you think they can't possibly sink lower, they do. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, xaxat said:

WTF? Does he think we're Martians that require special procedures?

It's church! There's songs, there's prayers. The songs may be different, the prayers may be different, but IT'S CHURH! 

Exactly. Just sit there quietly, pray when the minister says to pray, open the hymn book and sing along or just stand.  Maybe they'll let you set up a table to sell your CDs & KYV teeshirts out in the parking lot. 

Can you imagine the ladies getting a load of Mika at an AME church.  

And Joe would want to play guitar with the choir. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Exactly. Just sit there quietly, pray when the minister says to pray, open the hymn book and sing along or just stand.  Maybe they'll let you set up a table to sell your CDs & KYV teeshirts out in the parking lot. 

Can you imagine the ladies getting a load of Mika at an AME church.  

And Joe would want to play guitar with the choir. 

I agree that they could just sit quietly, but sometimes candidates try to fit in by taking active part in the service. My guess is that Joe thinks that people with a Southern and/or evangelical background fit in better in Black Southern congregations.  I cannot see Liz Warren or Buttigieg fitting in at any Southern church.  I say this as a person who attended some  Southern Baptist services as a child, thanks to grandma( am now Catholic).

The problem is that the news camera on them will pick up any awkward try hard moments.  When it is played back on TV,  It may look like a bad imitation of the congregants if they are not careful.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Mika is hosting the show by herself.  She harrassed all of the men on the studio about Valentine's Day.  Jonathan Lemire said he is working on getting flowers for his wife.  He looks over Mika.  Joe is "away with his kids" and Willie is off.  I think Mika is pissed that Joe left her on the show by herself on Valentine's Day.

Mika is trying to do the Joe thing of making fun of Trump.  She is criticizing him for his tweets to Andrew Cuomo.  She's claiming that it is a new quid pro quo situation. According to Mika this is a pattern, and she is outraged. 

Michael Steele joined and agreed with Mika that this is really incredible.

Mika talked about the Roger Stone case. The foreperson is being attacked in the media.  Mika claims Stone approved his whole trial jury, including the foreperson who has social media posts against Trump.  In point of fact, Mika, Stone's attorney did not approve all the jurors.  He attempted to strike the foreperson from the jury during the jury selection process, but the judge denied the motion to strike. The denial of a motion to strike a juror could be one basis of an appeal in the case.  Please read some actual research Mika, not just know your value junk.

What a fucking dumbass.  It is hard to take her seriously when she says stuff that is straight up wrong. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Mika is disturbed that Amazon was denied a Pentagon contract.  Amazon is suing the government.  She read a story about the lawsuit.  Part of the story that Mika read was edited out on a tape delay. I wonder what was edited out?

This show is barking up the wrong tree if they want me to feel sorry for the richest guy in the world.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh she's gonna find out today as Taylor Lorenz is dragging her hard on Twitter about her MJ segment . . . ouch.

Look I have no patience for Mika but from what I saw Mika was polite to her, she was asking her (in her mind) sincere questions. And Taylor isn't making fun of just Mika, she's doing the "Ok Boomer" bullshit.

This whole generation of people thinking if you're over 50 you're the devil or an idiot or somehow stole money from everyone is getting REAL FUCKING OLD.  

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Look I have no patience for Mika but from what I saw Mika was polite to her, she was asking her (in her mind) sincere questions. And Taylor isn't making fun of just Mika, she's doing the "Ok Boomer" bullshit.

This whole generation of people thinking if you're over 50 you're the devil or an idiot or somehow stole money from everyone is getting REAL FUCKING OLD.  

I agree but my problem is that I am pretty sure if Mika had put in more research time, asked for more help in terms of what questions to ask and how to ask them I think things would have gone better all around.  For me, she looked slightly unprepared and that is just what people that age just love to hear hence the Ok Boomer comes flying out.  I completely agree, it grinds my gears when I hear it but I also know when I am walking into a conversation where someone has more knowledge than I do, I try and gather as much as I can in advance so it looks like you at least tried to be more prepared.  Personally I think it's awful that she posted that (and the shot of the coffee beans in the MJ Green Room) and I think someone needs to have a chat with someone at the NYT and highlight her rather not only unprofessional but also ungracious behavior.  There are still enough Boomers around that could make her life miserable and it's best she learns that lesson now instead of later.  It also would help if Mika could take this as her own teachable moment and knock off her sighing/eye rolling/paper shuffling as that's what a lot of people look like at home when they are watching her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I saw the segment and didn’t think Mika was being polite at all. I saw her as snide and unprepared for the interview. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, she looked slightly unprepared

Incredibly unprepared, in my opinion. Social media in politics is an important topic, as is the connection between social media and the youth vote, and Mika acted ridiculous to try to be cute because she didn’t do her research and she can’t hold an intelligent conversation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, she looked slightly unprepared

Crap. Sorry I missed this. She always looks totally unprepared to me. I disliked both women in this segment. They seemed to want to out-snark one another. The guest was flippant and Mika was doing her version of Joe's "just a country lawyer" routine. It was embarrassing. You could tell Mika was in over her head with this one. Hard to believe she has young adult daughters; she's obviously not paying attention to them...or, more likely, they aren't paying attention to her. She's just so unlikable. 

Edited by plumbago blues
oops...fingers not keeping up with brain
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Damn right.

I thought Mika was polite to her too. 

Edited by Ohwell

Mika is on her own today. The top issue is Bloomberg.

Mika said he has issues with women & African American.

Sharpton said Biden & Sanders are responsible for the crime bill. Klobuchar prosecuted African Americans when she was a DA. He is worried that other candidates are not being held accountable for their dealings with African Americans.

Mika is upset that Bloomberg has skipped the first 4 states.

Adrienne Elrod & Jonathan Lemire are helping Mika today.

Lemire said that Bloomberg made insensitive comments about women.

Adrienne said people don't know much about Bloomberg.

• Love 3

Mika said that Bloomberg helped finance candidates in 2018.

Bloomberg was able to use his philanthropy to pressure city council to let him for  a 3rd term in NY. 

The WSJ editor that Bloomberg is rusty as a candidate.

• Love 2

I surfed by at the moment Mika was teasing an upcoming segment on Sanders and the Iraq war and she had one sentence, a headline, to read, which she obviously had not prepped for as she put the emphasis on the wrong word, sounding ridiculous, and I was out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1