Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I would bet that Donny D is one of those men who simply MUST have a gorgeous woman on his arm.  Looks and branding are everything in his world.  And his money, of course.  It comes across in every appearance he makes...well, that and the bleached teeth.

p.s.  sorry that I got off into the "personal politics" thing a few posts up.  I love our mods and know how it feels to get a warning; I was hoping they weren't paying attention to the discussion...maybe do a "preemptive strike" ...  As much as I sometimes loathe this show ... I still try to tune in.  But mainly for our comments after.

• Love 6

Mika & Joe are in a bar called the Panstock in Machester NH. Mika is wearing a black snow vest over a royal blue sweater. Joe is wearing an old fleece top with his name on it.

Adrienne Elrod is here to agree with Joe.

Joe said that Sanders & Pete are fighting for first place.

The poll shows Sanders with 27%, Pete 19%, Amy 14%, Biden & Warren tied at  12%

Amy is up sharply since last week. People told Joe to watch out for Amy. Joe is lucky to have so many fans in NH.

Joe said they count votes in NH unlike Iowa.

• Love 5

People are yelling in the background. Joe is mad at being interrupted. Barnicle said that Biden has to raise money to stay in the race.

Barnicle said that people switch candidates if they get a snickers bar in Iowa.

Barnicle likes having breakfast in NH.

Biden is having trouble raising money online. He hasn't campaigned in years & didn't make ls friends with lobbyists.

Heilamann said that the African American firewall may crumble in South Carolina. That is Joe's talking point for the last few months !

They showed the Biden ad making fun of Mayor Pete's achievements  in South Bend.

Barnicle is upset that voters aren't focused on Trump's values. They are concerned with healthcare & the economy.

• Love 5

The panel is upset at Biden's ad against Mayor Pete. Mika likes what Mayor Pete did for pets in South Bend.

Mika has a box under her chair.

The show played the new Bloomberg ad comparing Trump to other Presidents. Joe said people like the Bloomberg ads.

• Love 6

Musings on James Carville:

1.  I was listening, not watching, and at first I thought that it was Joe doing some of his "I'm just a dumb country lawyer"schtick.

2.  Listening to James Carville is like closing your eyes and imagining you're on Disney's Country Bear Jamboree

3.  He made a fuckton of sense.

Apparently "Attorney General Roy Cohn" (referring to Barr) is now going to be the new phrase Joe pummels into death.

Mika has a box under her chair.

Joe's balls are in it...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Al Sharpton defended Gayle King against Snoop Dog. Joe asked about why there was a media blackout against Snoop Dog's comments. Joe said the NY Times complain about Trump attacking journalists but not Snoop Dog.

Joe called out Katy Perry for not criticizing Snoop Dogg.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is worried about candidates going into black churches and not acting like they belong there.

I can’t even begin to image what Joe thinks “acting like they belong there” entails.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Amy Klobuchar is happy to debate Bloomberg on the debate stage. She is very happy with her momentum. She said he can win in the midwest.

Senator Bennett came on the show. Joe wrote an op ed supporting him last year.

1 minute ago, XOQueens said:
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I can’t even begin to image what Joe thinks “acting like they belong there” entails.

Joe said that he is very popular in black churches.

Joe said he spoke to a Senator & he told him that Bennet would get 75 votes in the Senate to become President.

Bennett admitted that the election is not done by other Senators. He isn't as popular on social media.

• Love 5

Mika discussed accepting negative feedback for her KYV segment.

Carville is dressed like Joe with a sweatshirt.

Joe said that he knew that Obama would be popular in 2008.

ODonnell is worried about Biden not leading in the polls.

Joe repeated that only Biden can connect with African Americans in churches.

Carville mocked people on twitter. Carville does not like Jeremy Corbyn & the British Labor party.

• Love 4

Carville said that LSU beat Alabama in football. Carville does not want a revolution.

Carville & Joe are competing to see who can do better in black churches. Carville supports Bennett.

Carville is furious at people that want Medicare for All.He supports expanding Obamacare.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika discussed accepting negative feedback for her KYV segment.

So I thought that read "Mika discussed acceptin g negative feedback for KYV" and for a couple seconds I'm like "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? I MISS HER TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE DISSING KYV!!??!@!" 

Even tho it wasn't the gift I thought it was, if anyone knows anything about accepting negative feedback, it would be Meeksy.   Mika is the Michael Scott of cable news.  Such a dumb ass, thinking everything out of her mouth is something of value, saying awful things and coming up with idiot schemes, so out of touch, so egotistical and selfish, but at least at the end Michael changed and became a better person. All we see of Mika is the exact opposite, the longer she's on tv the worse she gets. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

O Donnell said that Mayor Pete speaks in platitudes.

1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

So I thought that read "Mika discussed acceptin g negative feedback for KYV" and for a couple seconds I'm like "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? I MISS HER TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE DISSING KYV!!??!@!" 

Even tho it wasn't the gift I thought it was, if anyone knows anything about accepting negative feedback, it would be Meeksy.   Mika is the Michael Scott of cable news.  Such a dumb ass, thinking everything out of her mouth is something of value, saying awful things and coming up with idiot schemes, so out of touch, so egotistical and selfish, but at least at the end Michael changed and became a better person. All we see of Mika is the exact opposite, the longer she's on tv the worse she gets. 

Mika told viewers to go to her website for a discussion on accepting negative feedback. She is not referring to any feedback of her show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Mika was surprised that Parasite won the best picture. Mika did not see the movie. Barnicle does not like sub titles in movies.

Mika liked the dresses that the actresses were wearing at the Academy awards. Kasie did not see any of the movies because she had a baby last year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe is upset at Trump holding a rally in NH tonight. It will disrupt traffic.

Joe is mad at Trump supporters jamming phone lines in Iowa during the caucus.

Joe said that Trump may regret wanting Bernie Sanders to be his opponent.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Al Sharpton defended Gayle King against Snoop Dog. Joe asked about why there was a media blackout against Snoop Dog's comments. Joe said the NY Times complain about Trump attacking journalists but not Snoop Dog.

Joe called out Katy Perry for not criticizing Snoop Dogg.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Mika's scripted little tirade was "both sidesism" at its worst.

YES, what Snoop Dog said about Gayle King was unacceptable and horrible. But he is one celebrity with a social media platform and a bunch of nasty followers. There's simply no equivalence to someone who has a social media platform, a bunch of nasty followers, AND the entire force of the United States government - the FBI, IRS, CIA, Justice Department, federal judges up and down the line, plus the whole military - at his disposal. EYE ON THE BALL, Mika.

I was glad to see both Klobuchar and Bennett on the show this morning. It's good to get different voices into the conversation. Carville wasn't as obnoxious as he has been the last few years; he sounded rational and sensible.

Sending get-well wishes to Mr. Kemper.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, oakville said:

She is not referring to any feedback of her show.

No I realized that when I re read it.   I was just for a second hoping she'd completely lost her mind and decided to go off on people who diss the whole KYV thing, like Joe does with the basement Cheetoh crowd. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

No I realized that when I re read it.   I was just for a second hoping she'd completely lost her mind and decided to go off on people who diss the whole KYV thing, like Joe does with the basement Cheetoh crowd. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: KYV is nothing other than a public platform for Mika to work out her own professional neuroses. Her whole, "You need to learn how to take feedback! It's business! Don't take it personally!" tirade this morning might as well have been her staring in a mirror talking to herself.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said Democrat leaders are asking him for advice because they don't like the current candidates.

Are these the same people that are shouting to Giuliani on the streets of NYC to run for mayor?  Sure Jan.

Loved Carville this morning.  Didn't realize how much I missed the little rascal until he got completely wound up and starting firing away.  I miss genuine outrage.

Was Lemire going for the Kornacki look this morning with those turned back cuffs?  Yikes Jonathan, personally I would rethink that.

• Love 6

We were listening to parts of the show this morning on Sirius. It is fascinating when you just get the sound!  Meeka kept trying to be part of the conversation....she either talked over Joe or he talked over her.  Her comments made no sense; she was just parroting the things other people were saying.  When "other people" moved the conversation on, Meeka would finally interject something inane into what they had just talked about.  Like she was on a 30-40-second delay in her talking points.  It is fascinating to just hear the sounds with no seeing the preening and faces she makes.  

Joe hit a good one this morning...calling William Barr "Roy Cohn" and then someone (was it Ari Melbar?) trying to not say it.  Anyone want to be that Meeka ropes Gayle King into KYV?  If she already hasn't.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Kasie did not see any of the movies because she had a baby last year.

Does she not own a tv? Most of the movies have been OnDemand for over a month.  I know babies and a job like that take up a lot of time, but I would think sitting down with the baby for a couple hours and watching a movie would be a great break.  Esp "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood". Scene with Brad Pitt fixing tv antenna = YOWZA

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Was Lemire going for the Kornacki look this morning with those turned back cuffs?  Yikes Jonathan, personally I would rethink that.

I just saw him on Katy Tur.  For a minute I thought she was talking to one of the Weasley twins. 

image.png.c4803ced9916ef04e868a395618fc5e0.png

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Didn't Joe originally look favorably on the Barr nomination because Barr was a veteran of the Bush The Elder administration?

Wasn't he supposed to be an "adult in the room"?

Edited by xaxat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Does she not own a tv? Most of the movies have been OnDemand for over a month.  I know babies and a job like that take up a lot of time, but I would think sitting down with the baby for a couple hours and watching a movie would be a great break.  Esp "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood". Scene with Brad Pitt fixing tv antenna = YOWZA

Kasie is taking lessons from her mentor Mika on avoiding any discussions on popular culture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Didn't Joe originally look favorably on the Barr nomination because Barr was a veteran of the Bush The Elder administration?

Wasn't he supposed to be an "adult in the room"?

Yes. Joe is upset with Barr for not listening to his advice & fight back against Trump .

Joe is still upset at Trump for not appointing Harold Ford Jr & Richard Haas to his cabinet.

Why won't Presidents of both parties listen to Joe ?

Joe warned Obama that he would lose control of  Congress in 2010 if he tried to implement Obamacare. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Kasie is taking lessons from her mentor Mika on avoiding any discussions on popular culture.

I was just going to post the exact same thing!  Because that is what women who Know Their Value do...they are busy living their lives.  No time for silly movies, music (except Joe's) or teevee.  God, they are insufferable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I was just going to post the exact same thing!  Because that is what women who Know Their Value do...they are busy living their lives.  No time for silly movies, music (except Joe's) or teevee.  God, they are insufferable.

I am happy that Mika has stopped ordering the KCDC lightning intro when Kasie appears on the show. Kasie is a mom now like Mika, so she has earned Mika's respect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, Joe and Mika are in New Hampshire.  They are at some restaurant where there is a live audience.  Kasey Hunt, Jon Lemire, Willie. and Heileman are there.

Joe said that people waited in the rain for last night's Trump rally. This is a warning for Dems, according to Joe.  Did they listen to Joe's songs?

Heileman thinks that Sanders will win big.  He said Biden's rallies were smaller.  Willie said Biden expects to win in South Carolina.  Polls show Biden leading among Black voters.

They showed a Bernie rally.  There were 7500 people there.

This show is weird in the live format.  I don't really need to see random people eating eggs. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

So I haven't taken attendance in a while but was treated to Joe mocking Heilemann's jeans (please keep in mind John was on with Brian Williams late last night) and Meeks hitting Heilemann with a rolled up paper (she does know how to insinuate herself into a situation).  I am sure both Mika and Joe must be exhausted after working a whopping three hours yesterday so I am sure they are a bit punchy.

Kasie is rocking those boots again today.  Get it girl!

eta:  Special thanks to John Lemire for not rolling up his cuffs today and I don't know how much most of those folks make but goodness it must be just exhausting to have to talk about polls and primaries all frigging day.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 5

Poor Joe and his imaginary band, they just showed a clip of a live band at Bernie's rally last night . . . that hadda hurt that they chose some NH garage band** over his personal overindulgence.  And when someone mentioned Klobuchar, Meeks started clapping like a three year old at a birthday party . . . the smell of cake must be in the air.

** sincere apologies.  The band performing was The Strokes whom I do not know of but they appear to be a rather big deal.  I'm calling in my Boomer card.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • LOL 4

Meeks wants to know where Mike Bloomberg is because all of his expensive PR artillery are hiding him from the public . . . oh look, there he is Mika.  Waving at you from the top of that Mt. Everest size pile of money he has at his disposal.

Oh and by the way, he was also hiding away as the mayor of NYC (you know, the city you lived in) . . . I want to grab the remote but I find them oddly fascinating this morning.

eta:  Ah, see Meeks.  Bloomberg got the first two write in votes of the NH primary . . . 350M well spent . . . 😁

Oh and Joe, the NH folks aren't standing in the rain as you said.  Around those parts they call it snow.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Ah, my beloved Sam Stein has joined the panel and bonus brought along a little of his chest hair for Show and Tell Tuesday (get out of here with your bad self Sam!).  We can now start the countdown clock before he runs off the set so as not to strangle Meeks with that annoying scarf she keeps rearranging in her lap to make sure everyone is paying attention to her.

• Love 4

Kasie looks great !.

Joe mentioned that Biden's national poll numbers are dropping.

Among African American voters, Biden is still ahead with 27%. Bloomberg has 22% which is up 15% from the previous poll.

Bernie has 19%, Elizabeth has 8% & Mayor Pete has 4%

• Love 4